LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #991
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Mona, do you share recipes. My husband would love that. His mother used to make ginger cookies, and you could break a tooth on those suckers. I have tried to make soft ones, but have never found a recipe I like.

KC, my meeting went fine. The guy who came from Louisville was super. This new system will be great, but there will definitely be a learning curve. I feel the stress building now.

I have a new pain patch, and I think I am allergic to it. I didn't take my new pain medicine last night because my doctor said it makes 7% of the people groggy and 7% of the people hyper. I thought I needed my sleep last night since I left home at 6:30 and won't be home until 9:00 tonight.
Sure Lucky! I subscribe to lots of cookie recipe emails during the holidays and it's one that came from a Real Butter website.

Chewy Ginger Cookies « Go Bold with Butter

If you like the spiciness of a ginger snap combined with the chewiness of a classic molasses cookie, these old fashioned ginger cookies are for you. Redolent with cinnamon and plenty of ginger, they’ll remind you of cookies your grandmother made.

Best of all, the cookie dough is made with cold butter. So, there’s no waiting for it to soften. A generous roll in granulated sugar gives these cookies a crackling top that makes them a beautiful addition to any cookie plate.

Chewy Ginger Cookies
By Lori & Paul
Makes 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:

¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) cold butter, chopped into pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
¼ cup molasses
2 ½ cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
2/3 cup granulated sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix cold butter, sugar, egg and molasses on medium-low speed until thoroughly combined.

In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. Gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture.

Roll one tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll it in granulated sugar to coat. Place dough balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving 1 ½ inches between each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Cool cookies for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet and transferring to a rack to cool completely.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #992
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Still haven't had it. I was planning on calling the guy today but my dh asked me why? I just want it over with but I'm really getting the feeling they want me gone. A 30% paycut is just a ridiculous thing to expect an employee to take. I just don't know that I have any choice. I will have to stay till I find something else. Sigh. Thanks for asking.
Chewie.. I know I have said this before.. but its said it's easier to find another job.. when your working....
Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #993

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie.. I know I have said this before.. but its said it's easier to find another job.. when your working....
I won't let my pride make me quit. I can't afford it so I'm stuck.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #994

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
i think she means start looking for another while you still have this one

gah i wish my left sdie of my face would quit huring!
Mona i am soo glad you like your kitchenaid
Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #995

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I won't let my pride make me quit. I can't afford it so I'm stuck.
I know you are Cutie Pie.. but as long as your looking while working.. at least you know that the end is near.. and your lucky I think, because do you have flexible hours??? if you do, it makes it so much easier for interviews.....
Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

Girl...far be it for me, Ms Doctor phobic here in Los Angeles.. but maybe you ought to get it checked...
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #997

the dentist said it would be 2 months before an opening i left my name and number just in case and the doc i have nt called yet
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #998
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
the dentist said it would be 2 months before an opening i left my name and number just in case and the doc i have nt called yet
That's insanity! Isn't there another dentist you can go to? This isn't a routine appointment it's sort of an emergency. I wish he could work you in somehow. Sorry Deb.

Boy Lony I don't have your stamina. I did the ginger cookies and just finished the pecan pie thumbprints and I'm pooped! Oh, I also melted some chocolate chips and dipped Ritz Bitz in them. I saw someone do that years ago and I thought it was a cute idea. They were pretty labor intensive though. Stuck each one on a toothpick and dipped/drained chocolate. I'm ready for a break!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #999

the other dentist around has a terrible place i won't even try there is it nasty and filty and i just can't go there probably why the first one is soo busy
Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well maybe you can find a dentist that is farther away. It might take a couple hours to drive, but the alternative is to be in pain for 2 months.

Welp! I'm going to get dressed and hit the mall. *Insert ominous music* Gotta finish the gift packages for the parents, inlaws, etc, so I can get it in the mail. Going to try to ship some cookies too, for the first time ever.

See youse later!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #1001

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Ok, six dozen cookies done! I have gone to the post office. Ran to the little local grocer and now I am going to toast almonds and make more butter toffee. Once I have those done I can dip my pretzles and make peanut clusters. Then the cookie and candy department will be closed. hahahaha
Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #1002

Jeese louise Lonykins.. your house must smell awesome!!!

I don't want to go to the market.. because I am trying to tighten my budget belt..so I am looking for meat in my freezer.. I literally have next to nothing in this house.. but I want to fry it up in corn tortillas for dinner tonight.. anyway.. my son's finals start with a quiz today and finals starting tomorrow.. so I am going to make him brownies!! not as good as yours ladies as mine is coming from Betty Crocker's box...that will be good for him.. the kid is like me and loves friggen chocolate anything...
Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #1003

Mona.. Have fun....

Deb...I just know that my exposed gums made my ear friggen unbearable.. so my hats off to you lady..Don't you live next to another state???
Old 12-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #1004
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning everyone....
I've returned from Wal Mart safe and sound!! I got everything I needed except for the liquid pectin! Oh well...I wanted to make another trip out looking for it.
Mona, you will love your mixer. I've had mine a few yrs. now and I'm still in love with it. Your cookies look yummy and lovely!!
So I am almost ready to start making Christmas goodies for family and our neighbor who so kindly brings us the paper each morning. She delivers the paper and always has one left over for us it seems.
Here is what is on the list this year:
Jalapeno Jelly
Ho Ho Pop Corn
Bill's Dip
Crock-Pot Chocolate Candy
German Choc. Thumbprint Cookies
Choc. Billionaires
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
My famous (with the kids) Chex Mix

Now this is enough to keep me busy I would say!
Have a great day everyone!!!!
All your goodies sound too good. I'm curious as to how you make your Chex mix though. Do you go by the one on the box? My family only likes the rice chex, so that's all I use. Is Jalapeno jelly the same thing as hot pepper jelly? I cannot find it anywhere in safeway or food lion. Love it on crackers with cr cheese. How do you use yours?

Linda
Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Mona, do you share recipes. My husband would love that. His mother used to make ginger cookies, and you could break a tooth on those suckers. I have tried to make soft ones, but have never found a recipe I like.

KC, my meeting went fine. The guy who came from Louisville was super. This new system will be great, but there will definitely be a learning curve. I feel the stress building now.

I have a new pain patch, and I think I am allergic to it. I didn't take my new pain medicine last night because my doctor said it makes 7% of the people groggy and 7% of the people hyper. I thought I needed my sleep last night since I left home at 6:30 and won't be home until 9:00 tonight.
Lucky - I told my dh about you and the shingles - and that you were working through them. He said you are superwoman - no way could he work when he had them. He's still bothered every day - by that residual pain. Hope the pain patch works for you. Are you still using a cream? Did you say they recommended abreva OTC? Glad to hear your meeting went off with no problems.

Linda
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #1006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:

Deb, you need to go see an ENT doc. You have been fooling with this on your own for too long now.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gosh ladies you all are doing such a great job baking. Making me feel lazy! LOL Lony you are making tons. Who is it all for? I know it can't be for just you and Mr. Mike. I am afraid to make stuff for fear that I will eat most of it! I have not been very good lately as far as dieting goes.....
Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #1008

Quote:
Mona.. Have fun....

Deb...I just know that my exposed gums made my ear friggen unbearable.. so my hats off to you lady..Don't you live next to another state???
yeah Jellico Tn is a tiny tiny town 3 red lights and the dentist there is as bad as the 2nd one in williamsburg upping my olive leaf extract couldn't see anything visible like a ripped gum or cavity my sinuses BURN on that side can not hear and the back tooth hurts bad but also the lower jaw bone just lke since like March of this year?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Deb, you need to go see an ENT doc. You have been fooling with this on your own for too long now.
i would not even begin to know where to find one and i am sure my ins would not cover it SIGH

i haven't been baking i need to figure out something these guys like besides pumpkin pie
Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #1010

Deb...it's an emergency.. wouldn't they cover that???
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #1011

Quote:
Deb...it's an emergency.. wouldn't they cover that???
they didn't cover the helicopter for Ken! said it was an out of network provider! and that was way more of an emergency i will make some mpore phone calls when i get back from picking up steven hopefully i don't chicken out
Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #1012
Major LCF Poster!

Lony, Mona, Sue and KC - you are wearing me out just reading of your baking and trips hither and yon. You are in the Christmas mode.

Deb, I'm so sorry you're hurting so badly. It's not right that your dentist can't see you sooner. I'm praying that you get a call real soon from them.

Melinda - glad you are feeling better with your gum problem. Did the dentist say just how long he thought it would take before you're back to not hurting off/on?

Chewie - going back to work when you are healing - and the stress of the job, sorry it's been so hard. I don't know how you can cook like you do - and will do even more the better you are feeling - and not eating it. Think I would have to go on strike and say - you all are going to have to fend for yourselves - while I go hibernate in another room. I know that you will be able to eat some of it - but - such a small amount. Glad to hear you're doing so well too.

Does anyone watch Dr OZ? I catch him once in a while - I'm not a big tv watcher. Yesterdays show was with a medical examiner.........ugh. Very scary stuff for us over weight peeps. I mean - I KNOW this stuff already - but - when you see the organs and what we are doing to them. They had actual case files - no names of course, but it certainly is an eye opener - well - another one anyway to lose this weight.

Linda
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #1013
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gosh ladies you all are doing such a great job baking. Making me feel lazy! LOL Lony you are making tons. Who is it all for? I know it can't be for just you and Mr. Mike. I am afraid to make stuff for fear that I will eat most of it! I have not been very good lately as far as dieting goes.....
KC - there is NO way you could ever seem lazy......nope - no way - what with your running the kids here/there, picking up this/that, yard work, volunteering, cleaning, I am in awe of what you get accomplished. I know I did it when my kids were teens, but it just seems like so much when you tell us about it. I'm with you - there will be very little baking here - I will too much of it.

Linda
Old 12-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #1014
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
they didn't cover the helicopter for Ken! said it was an out of network provider! and that was way more of an emergency i will make some mpore phone calls when i get back from picking up steven hopefully i don't chicken out
Deb, sadly, you have to push and push insurance anymore to do the right thing. An emergency is supposed to be covered.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
yeah Jellico Tn is a tiny tiny town 3 red lights and the dentist there is as bad as the 2nd one in williamsburg upping my olive leaf extract couldn't see anything visible like a ripped gum or cavity my sinuses BURN on that side can not hear and the back tooth hurts bad but also the lower jaw bone just lke since like March of this year?
Ok, Deb, not to scare you but to give you reason to seriously consider getting an ENT opinion. The ears, sinuses, teeth are separated from the brain by very thin barriers. Infections in those areas left untreated for long periods of time can lead to death. I am all for OTC treatments but there comes a point in time where if/when OTC doesn't work then medical intervention is necessary. The tooth may not be the cause of the pain. Or it could be. Just a bit unusual for it to cause hearing loss. Find an ENT. Ask about discounts for paying with cash at time of visit if you don't have insurance. Ask to work out a payment plan if necessary. Explain that you are in extreme pain and have lost the ability to hear out of your left ear and ask to be worked in.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #1016
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Lony, Mona, Sue and KC - you are wearing me out just reading of your baking and trips hither and yon. You are in the Christmas mode.

Deb, I'm so sorry you're hurting so badly. It's not right that your dentist can't see you sooner. I'm praying that you get a call real soon from them.

Melinda - glad you are feeling better with your gum problem. Did the dentist say just how long he thought it would take before you're back to not hurting off/on?

Chewie - going back to work when you are healing - and the stress of the job, sorry it's been so hard. I don't know how you can cook like you do - and will do even more the better you are feeling - and not eating it. Think I would have to go on strike and say - you all are going to have to fend for yourselves - while I go hibernate in another room. I know that you will be able to eat some of it - but - such a small amount. Glad to hear you're doing so well too.

Does anyone watch Dr OZ? I catch him once in a while - I'm not a big tv watcher. Yesterdays show was with a medical examiner.........ugh. Very scary stuff for us over weight peeps. I mean - I KNOW this stuff already - but - when you see the organs and what we are doing to them. They had actual case files - no names of course, but it certainly is an eye opener - well - another one anyway to lose this weight.

Linda
Hey, Linda. Occas I catch an episode of DR. Oz, 2-3 times a year maybe. LOL I do like the show. HOw are you feeling after the fall? Getting around any better?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #1017

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Actually none of it is for Mike and I. He does not eat it and I don't need it. The baskets are for friends, his co workers, the office at his work..Good grief I don't know who else. I am not doing another round though because he forgot someone.

Deb, you need to get to the dr.....Stat!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post

Linda
Heya Ms Linda.. no I don't watch Dr Oz...especially after he was so friggen rude to Gary Taubes....Not everything works for everyone..and he seems to have same plan for everyone..what happens if you don't lose weight.. then what???? Anyway, I am too addicted to Investigation Discovery....all those real life murders.. amazing how many monsters are in this world....

My gum problem is here with me.. if I don't eat ice cream it's ok.. but boy when I do whew!!!! no whitening toothpaste ever never, he says those are the worst.. only sensodyne twice a day...once with baking soda sprinkled on top.. and before I go to bed.. a brush with Fluoride toothpaste... that I have to fill the prescription for.. you brush and don't rinse...that's my routine...I really missed my drinks with ice...so as long as I put in 3 cubes I am ok...but this is nothing compared to other people's worse problems..

How is your knee???
Old 12-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #1019

Quote:
Ok, Deb, not to scare you but to give you reason to seriously consider getting an ENT opinion. The ears, sinuses, teeth are separated from the brain by very thin barriers. Infections in those areas left untreated for long periods of time can lead to death. I am all for OTC treatments but there comes a point in time where if/when OTC doesn't work then medical intervention is necessary. The tooth may not be the cause of the pain. Or it could be. Just a bit unusual for it to cause hearing loss. Find an ENT. Ask about discounts for paying with cash at time of visit if you don't have insurance. Ask to work out a payment plan if necessary. Explain that you are in extreme pain and have lost the ability to hear out of your left ear and ask to be worked in.
WOW Kcmama.. I never knew that.. and I should have.. I don't think I will ever ever forget this piece of information..

I told you, you were the smartest Mama ever..
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #1020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
WOW Kcmama.. I never knew that.. and I should have.. I don't think I will ever ever forget this piece of information..

I told you, you were the smartest Mama ever..
Ha! You are too nice. Learned this stuff in my medical/anatomy classes I had to take.
Closed Thread