Old 12-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So I got on my treadmill today. I walked 8.15 minutes. I know it's nothing but at least it's a start. Tomorrow, maybe I can do 10 minutes. Every little bit helps.
Hurray! Great job on the walking. It will help make you stronger as well.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #812

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Headed to the big city. I will talk to you beautiful people later. Hugs and mush junk
Old 12-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #813

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
yeah and he has been having a bit of trouble getting around since the accident and it seems they are nit picking his work SIGH last night on something that was fixed as soon as it happened and they are supposed to have 24 hours to correct he says he thinks they are gunning for him
Oh Deb

As Chewie said, maybe it's just a misunderstanding. Keeping my fingers crossed Hope and pray
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #814

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Hello again everyone!

I have spoken with both my sister and my mom today trying to figure out our Christmas plans.......still no concrete decision but I may be leaning toward leaving on the 26th for Houston. I am really having trouble with the idea of leaving my daughter here alone. The 25th is the only day she has off. She is working 44 1/2 hours this week, 57 next week and I don't know how many Christmas week.

I went up to school this morning to help with my last assignment for A Christmas Carol. Remembered to take the 3 rolls of wrapping paper and 3 rolls of tape youngest keeps forgetting here. So, some clutter out of my house and mind.I also stopped by the Post Office, which I drove by last night and forgot to stop at --losing my mind, I am. Then headed to the Dance Shop to take in youngest's newest pair of tap shoes to be repaired. They should be ready tomorrow and she has two tap classes tomorrow so that will be good. I also stopped in the little Neighborhood Walmart Market and then our bigger Wal-Mart to try to find the very last piece of makeup for dd's competition dance teams. They changed all the makeup this year as a couple of items had been discontinued and new team members wouldn't be able to get the items and since they all have to look alike....... but yay! it is now done. Finito! Fini! Yay!
KC, you have an exciting and busy life with lots of travel. And, you live close to family. That must be comforting. I really miss having an extended family around me. I'm jealous Especially because of all your travels.

You are always in a world wind of activity I want to be like you, but I'm too slow.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #815

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Nope, we are having our first ever just us Christmas.

I know it sounds selfish and scroogie but we are really looking forward to it. I don't have everyone making demands on my time and I can actually relax and enjoy the holiday.

My sister sent me a huge list of stuff to get her kids and then informed me that she and her husband won't be exchanging gifts with us this year. Ummm ok, then I will return the favor.
WHOA that just floored me Lony!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #816

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Chewie.. good job.. I tend to break up my walking in increments....

Elizakins....Hey there Texas Cutie...

Lonykins.. bring me bag a surprise!!!!

Just waiting on the phone call to pick up Sonny Boy.. his finals start on Friday...and he is off at 3pm..and it's 3:19...like mother like son...talking to someone too much!!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #817

Quote:
So I got on my treadmill today. I walked 8.15 minutes. I know it's nothing but at least it's a start. Tomorrow, maybe I can do 10 minutes. Every little bit helps.
girl that isn't NOTHING OMG i can't even do 8 minutes on the easy bike we have my record is 7! and after surgery too?? whoohoo! when is your first follow up??
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #818

Quote:

I know it sounds selfish and scroogie but we are really looking forward to it. I don't have everyone making demands on my time and I can actually relax and enjoy the holiday.

My sister sent me a huge list of stuff to get her kids and then informed me that she and her husband won't be exchanging gifts with us this year. Ummm ok, then I will return the favor.
How romantic! Just the two of you!

Yeah, your sister is acting a bit rudely. First off, she should not be sending you a list. She should wait for you to ask her what the kids like and let you buy whatever you want.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #819

Melindochka, how's the gum doing? Hopefully it's healing nicely for you.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #820

Eek! Time to go do chores
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #821

I have always believed unless I ask.. that I will buy what I want.. that is so rude....

Elizakins...It's ok some days and some days it kills me.. today is a good day....
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #822

gah got stevens book list for the college bio class and dang nab he needs a dumb LCD clicker for responses in class! USED at their bookstore it is 42 for that (if you can get one used) and the used book is 116! found some of the books on eb ay and if all else fails i found a couple used textbook sites cheaper than their bookstore but GAH kenny said to be sure to buy the clicker there cause they like to mess with them i even found one used book place where i could rent BOTH for cheaper than the book is used at Cumberland
but i am a bit afraid
we did sell his algebra book today for 48 bucks HALF what we paid for it but better than nothing and i will apply it to getting his stuff for next semester GAH just realized it willl only pay for the clicker UGH
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:

It is not selfish at all. They could offer to come see you. Your sister really did that?! Wow. I mean, it is one thing to say, hey things are tight this year, lets just exchange cards and no gifts. Another already to give you their Christmas lists and then say, oh, and we aren't going to get you anything. Selfish brats!! You ordered gifts for the little niece and nephew already, didn't you? Just going to give gifts for the kiddos and not the adults? Or return what you bought already?

Good for you Lony for taking a stand. I am proud of you. You did a lot for all of them. I am sure by now they are beginning to realize just what all you did do for them. And besides, I doubt when retirement time is here they will be lining up to take care of you and pay you back for all that you did for them over the years, will they? You and Mike have got to get on good, solid footing yourselves for your future. They will have to lay in their own beds.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #824

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
girl that isn't NOTHING OMG i can't even do 8 minutes on the easy bike we have my record is 7! and after surgery too?? whoohoo! when is your first follow up??
Next Thursday is my dr appt. I hae not weighed myself at all and won't. I expect a nice surprise.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey, you know what they say. Every journey starts out with small steps, or some such! Good job.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #826

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I have always believed unless I ask.. that I will buy what I want.. that is so rude....
I agree. How presumptious of your sister. I would say something.
Elizakins...It's ok some days and some days it kills me.. today is a good day....
I'm glad today is good, maybe you're on the mend for good.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #827

Quote:
gah got stevens book list for the college bio class and dang nab he needs a dumb LCD clicker for responses in class! USED at their bookstore it is 42 for that (if you can get one used) and the used book is 116! found some of the books on eb ay and if all else fails i found a couple used textbook sites cheaper than their bookstore but GAH kenny said to be sure to buy the clicker there cause they like to mess with them i even found one used book place where i could rent BOTH for cheaper than the book is used at Cumberland
but i am a bit afraid
we did sell his algebra book today for 48 bucks HALF what we paid for it but better than nothing and i will apply it to getting his stuff for next semester GAH just realized it willl only pay for the clicker UGH
Yeah, college is very expensive.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #828

Quote:
Hey, you know what they say. Every journey starts out with small steps, or some such! Good job.
Thanks. It's a start.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #829

So I'm making the boys chili dogs tonight. I have a ton of hard rolls that dh bought by mistake, we already had a bunch so we froze some and still have a lot. I'm going to toast the rolls, put 2 of the dogs on each with chili and cheese and melt under the broiler. I love chili dogs, someday I'll have one again.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
KC, you have an exciting and busy life with lots of travel. And, you live close to family. That must be comforting. I really miss having an extended family around me. I'm jealous Especially because of all your travels.

You are always in a world wind of activity I want to be like you, but I'm too slow.
Hey, what are you talking about?We all do what we can. You work full time woman! I gave that up when my second child was almost 2 years old and my husband travelled all the time. I couldn't handle doing it all anymore. I don't have any family near me though. My parents are at least a 10 hour drive away and my sister 13 hours. Then there is my dh with his family on another continent. I have to do it all because there is no one else. Except now that my two oldest can drive, occasionally they will run youngest around or pick her up.

I think you are great! But honestly, I have to force myself to do alot of the things I do. I just want to stay home most of the time. I do usually enjoy myself after I get out and go. Just like with the symphony this past Sunday. DH really wanted to go or I would have backed out and stayed home. Then this weekend is his office party that, naturally, I do not want to go to. He wants us to go though, so I will dress up and go. Hopefully we won't stay too long and this year it is very close to us. Usually it is at least 30 mins away to get to the venue so I can run home quickly if I need to.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
but i am a bit afraid
Uh-huh. Sorry to tell you that I have been there and done that! On a positive note, he won't need to do that all the time. Just usually for the really large gen ed type classes. Go ahead and buy the clicker through the bookstore and order the book from a rental company. We always had good luck with Chegg. Good job on selling his book. Did you sell it back to the bookstore?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Next Thursday is my dr appt. I hae not weighed myself at all and won't. I expect a nice surprise.
I am going to say that you will be down 20 lbs by then.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #833

Quote:
Uh-huh. Sorry to tell you that I have been there and done that! On a positive note, he won't need to do that all the time. Just usually for the really large gen ed type classes. Go ahead and buy the clicker through the bookstore and order the book from a rental company. We always had good luck with Chegg. Good job on selling his book. Did you sell it back to the bookstore?
yeah sold it back to the bookstore tomorrow is his final in there
hopefully when he goes full time he will have enough scholarship money to cover his books too cause we won't be able to help much
i think the program for the High Schools are all only gen ed classes
since most of Cumberlands stuff really won't transfer to other colleges but they said all these would
Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #834

Quote:
Hey, what are you talking about?We all do what we can. You work full time woman! I gave that up when my second child was almost 2 years old and my husband travelled all the time. I couldn't handle doing it all anymore. I don't have any family near me though. My parents are at least a 10 hour drive away and my sister 13 hours. Then there is my dh with his family on another continent. I have to do it all because there is no one else. Except now that my two oldest can drive, occasionally they will run youngest around or pick her up.

I think you are great! But honestly, I have to force myself to do alot of the things I do. I just want to stay home most of the time. I do usually enjoy myself after I get out and go. Just like with the symphony this past Sunday. DH really wanted to go or I would have backed out and stayed home. Then this weekend is his office party that, naturally, I do not want to go to. He wants us to go though, so I will dress up and go. Hopefully we won't stay too long and this year it is very close to us. Usually it is at least 30 mins away to get to the venue so I can run home quickly if I need to.

Kcmama honestly you do do so much i am in total awe of you...

Last edited by crazyone; 12-11-2012 at 04:03 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Lony....I'll be your sister and trade gifts!!!!!
Yrs. ago we decided along with our siblings that we would quit buying
each other gifts and would buy the little ones gifts until they were
out of high school. That worked well for us.
I think it is rude for her to send a list of items her kids needs or wants
without you asking for a list.
If I were you I would send the kids some of your wonderful cookies
and maybe a gift if you feel the need. A gift that YOU picked out, not them.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Tonight is hubs company party. Being my DD and SIL also work there I am staying home this year and keeping Eli. That is great by me! This is hubs 20th yr. and DD's 10th yr. there so they had to go....besides they get a really nice bonus tonight. A percentage of their yearly income. Last yr. is was 15%. We are hoping it is around the same this year, but who knows. I'm just thankful he works for a good company that gives any kind of percentage!
Deb....I sure hope Ken is reading more into the job thing than it really is.
Chewie....I wish you the best with the job tomorrow. We will be looking forward to see your first weight loss next week!!!
kcmama....just keep making yourself go. It's good for you to get out with hubby.
Eli is calling my name so I better go see what he is up to!!
Have a good evening everyone!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #837

KC, I thought your Mom and in laws lived close, but I guess I was mistaken. 10 hrs away is far. I admire how you live your life with lots of culture and volunteering and travel. I aspire to that but, to be honest, I'm still in the "aspire to" stage.

And I wanted to say, I really look up to all of the girls here for the cool people they are. We have ladies here with brilliant organizational sense, perseverance in all circumstances, quick wit and openness, warmth, wisdom, sweet and considerate spirits, who handle the adversities and ups and downs of life with grace......who are great cooks, crafters, mothers, wives, friends. And it is a privilege to be a part of this group of special people.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
KC, I thought your Mom and in laws lived close, but I guess I was mistaken. 10 hrs away is far. I admire how you live your life with lots of culture and volunteering and travel. I aspire to that but, to be honest, I'm still in the "aspire to" stage.

And I wanted to say, I really look up to all of the girls here for the cool people they are. We have ladies here with brilliant organizational sense, perseverance in all circumstances, quick wit and openness, warmth, wisdom, sweet and considerate spirits, who handle the adversities and ups and downs of life with grace......who are great cooks, crafters, mothers, wives, friends. And it is a privilege to be a part of this group of special people.
LOL that sure ain't me! but love ya right back
Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #839

Quote:
honey, that ain't me, either, but we are going to be OK

Blaze says hi. He likes the pic you posted of the kitty hiding in the tree waiting for Santa, and he is planning on doing it himself. Already practicing
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #840

Quote:
Liove you too..but none of that is me."
Closed Thread