Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Really?? if they burn out Deb.. do you throw them away or change the battery??? or can you buy some that plug in and will never burn out???

I know these are dumb stupid questions.. but I have heard during the years that when people go thru their Christmas decorations.. they throw lights away cause it's no good...

My sister in law had star fish lights that she draped around her table behind her dining room table.. but she said those aren't Christmas lights..

And how how come those Icicle lights??? why do they only come in white???
You can get icicle lights in different colors now.

Most of the battery ones don't last very long. If you have a plug in close by I would get those. I would suggest LED lights. Much brighter and they last longer.

Last edited by Lony; 12-10-2012 at 07:52 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #692

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Really?? if they burn out Deb.. do you throw them away or change the battery??? or can you buy some that plug in and will never burn out???

I know these are dumb stupid questions.. but I have heard during the years that when people go thru their Christmas decorations.. they throw lights away cause it's no good...

My sister in law had star fish lights that she draped around her table behind her dining room table.. but she said those aren't Christmas lights..

usually takes a long time for them to burn out and oh i used to have the PRETTIEST set of icicle lights in blue and white but i had them up year round so they did burn out after a few years (i kept them on all the time had them inside) and then i had icicles that had stars on them outside and they got hit by lightening i bet your 99cent store has some of the smaller strands! the battery ones we just replace the battery they are good for wreaths or LO< ken even puts them on the red nose he put on the vehicle

some of them if you have just one light go out on it they come with a replacement bulb and you just replace it
they make lights in tons of colors and shapes and YUP for tons of stuff other than Christmas
these are blue and white icicle lights similar to the ones i used to have in here
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #693
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Sue, my church group still takes the kids caroling. The town only has 200 people and I know 99% of them. Sometimes we load them in cars and go to any of the folks that have been ailing. There are usually lots of tears shed and it is the best part of my Christmas.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Sue, my church group still takes the kids caroling. The town only has 200 people and I know 99% of them. Sometimes we load them in cars and go to any of the folks that have been ailing. There are usually lots of tears shed and it is the best part of my Christmas.
I love this
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #695

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
OOOHHH I would love to sing Christmas Carols.. (But I can't sing)...Angels we have on heard high Sweetly singing ore or is oer the plains...

Ok Plug in lights...and they say it on the box????
Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #696

Quote:
OOOHHH I would love to sing Christmas Carols.. (But I can't sing)...Angels we have on heard high Sweetly singing ore or is oer the plains...

Almost every box of lights is plug in. Measure how long you want and find the closest one. It will say on the box. You can also wrap the lights around several times if you want more twinkle.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #697

Quote:

yep if it doesn't say battery operated it should be plug in what color do you like? there are larger stands that sparkle not as many anymore as they used to be though
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #698

Deb.. that is a good question... cause the multi ones are so boring to me, but I would take that too.....the place where I want to put it.. there is a plug right there...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #699

around halloween they had purple ones
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #700

Now that is pretty though!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #701

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. Visit with the parents went well yesterday, dh basically got them to leave at 2 so I could take a nap. I napped for almost 3 hours and then didn't sleep well last night. WTH??? Oh well. I'm not gong into work today--not ready, maybe on Wednesday. WIth what they did, I just don't really care.

Dh left for work at 9:30 and hten returned at 9:45. His car broke down---completely died in front of our mechanic's shop. How odd is that? The owner gave him a ride home and he took my van. Hope it doesn't cost too much. Never a dull moment.

Sue--we used to go caroling in CT all the time.

It got super cold last night and we ever had some flurries. It was 25 this moring and not supposed to get much warmer. I'll probably have the fire on all day.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #702

Chewie, I hope you enjoy your wintery day. I know you are wanting to get up and get stuff done, but this is the perfect opportunity for you to heal and watch some Christmas movies.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines!

Kcmama thanks for the suggestions, I will try to find a fabric store and see what kind of options I have. I think he wants to look like a big brown bear or grizzled. We will have to see.

They may be coming home anyway. Looks like Shell only has ammonia wells left up there and they don't want to start them yet. Mike said they may only keep one crew up there till Christmas. Luckily they like Mike and his crew the best so they would be the ones that stayed, if they keep one.

Ohh Kcmama put on your winter woolies and join the club. Maybe we should go caroling in the frigid tundra!
Ok, caroling it is as long as there is plenty of cocoa/tea/coffee and cookies. Yesterday at the Symphony they had the audience do a Sing-a-Long for about 6 Christmas Carols. The new, very handsome, young, and fun Assistant Conductor told us we could now say that we had performed with the Symphony. So, I am officially qualified to go caroling with you.

I can check JoAnne's Fabrics and Crafts for you if you would like. Oooooorrrr, what about this brilliant flash of insight------find a brown robe, say velour, then all you would need would be fabric to do the hood with ears!!!!!!!! What say you? Am I brilliant or what?!!! Ok, you don't have to answer the "what" part really.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Ok, caroling it is as long as there is plenty of cocoa/tea/coffee and cookies. Yesterday at the Symphony they had the audience do a Sing-a-Long for about 6 Christmas Carols. The new, very handsome, young, and fun Assistant Conductor told us we could now say that we had performed with the Symphony. So, I am officially qualified to go caroling with you.

I can check JoAnne's Fabrics and Crafts for you if you would like. Oooooorrrr, what about this brilliant flash of insight------find a brown robe, say velour, then all you would need would be fabric to do the hood with ears!!!!!!!! What say you? Am I brilliant or what?!!! Ok, you don't have to answer the "what" part really.
Great idea, but Mike is 6' 3" and he like his robes to go to the floor. His arms are also really long so I pretty much have to custom make his robes. Even a tall robe will only hit at his knees and elbows.

LOL But that was a great idea. If it was anyone else I would.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Melinda, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Target, have sections with the holiday lights for sale. They even have an area where they are plugged in so you can see which ones you like best. For example, you have to be very careful with the White LED lights as they tend to look light blue. They now have a "warm" White LED that is the white we are all used to seeing during the holidays. There are different colored icicle lights, different shape and size bulbs on strands so just wander through and look at them.

I just returned from spending two hours wandering through my Super Target after I took ds his lunch and shorts and a tshirt for his Weights Class. I was shopping for stocking stuffers for the dh and the kiddos. I got their favorite Christmas candies, each of the girls gets their own can of Dry Shampoo so they will quit stealing mine...., some beef jerky, cans of nuts, etc. Picked up a 16 gb flash drive for dh that was on sale for 8.99 and a can of shaving cream. LOL I like to put in practical items as well as a few treats.

Also, I picked up some holiday print "Chinese takeout boxes" to put some gifts in. I am on my last knitted washcloth. I will put one washcloth along with a bar of Dove soap in the box. I also hope that I got enough of the boxes to do something for all of youngest's dance instructors. I believe she has 4 actual instructors (going through stuff in my head as she is on 7 teams plus Leaps and Turns and a couple of Ballet classes and some teachers teach more than one) and a couple of assistant read:student helpers. For them I was going to do like a $5 gift card to QT or Starbucks and sprinkle in Holiday Hershey's Kisses. Wish I could do more than $5 gift card but.....then I have the bus driver. I am planning to get him a gift card to AMC Theaters and will put it in one of these boxes as well.

I picked up a set of Skull Candy Earbuds for ds from youngest. They were 9.99. He is always losing earphones/earbuds so I think he will really like that gift from her. HE BETTER!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #706

i like the cool ones myself look more icy!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. Visit with the parents went well yesterday, dh basically got them to leave at 2 so I could take a nap. I napped for almost 3 hours and then didn't sleep well last night. WTH??? Oh well. I'm not gong into work today--not ready, maybe on Wednesday. WIth what they did, I just don't really care.

Dh left for work at 9:30 and hten returned at 9:45. His car broke down---completely died in front of our mechanic's shop. How odd is that? The owner gave him a ride home and he took my van. Hope it doesn't cost too much. Never a dull moment.

Sue--we used to go caroling in CT all the time.

It got super cold last night and we ever had some flurries. It was 25 this moring and not supposed to get much warmer. I'll probably have the fire on all day.
Oh, boy, Chewie. If it is not one thing it is another. Did you tell the church committee your decision yet? What will you do? Take pay cut but keep a lookout for another job or quit?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i like the cool ones myself look more icy!
Sadly, they are too bright and hurt my eyes. Although, I like the colored blue, red, purple and green ones in the LED. Melinda, the purple LED are different. I kinda like them though my kids don't.....
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Great idea, but Mike is 6' 3" and he like his robes to go to the floor. His arms are also really long so I pretty much have to custom make his robes. Even a tall robe will only hit at his knees and elbows.

LOL But that was a great idea. If it was anyone else I would.
Well, Pooey! Ok, let me know if you want me to hit Joannes or Hobby Lobby or something for you. I can send you "samples" if you google them online but aren't sure of the fabric. You could always give him a photo with an IOU wrapped up in a box until you can get it done.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #710

Quote:
Melinda, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Target, have sections with the holiday lights for sale. They even have an area where they are plugged in so you can see which ones you like best. For example, you have to be very careful with the White LED lights as they tend to look light blue. They now have a "warm" White LED that is the white we are all used to seeing during the holidays. There are different colored icicle lights, different shape and size bulbs on strands so just wander through and look at them.

I just returned from spending two hours wandering through my Super Target after I took ds his lunch and shorts and a tshirt for his Weights Class. I was shopping for stocking stuffers for the dh and the kiddos. I got their favorite Christmas candies, each of the girls gets their own can of Dry Shampoo so they will quit stealing mine...., some beef jerky, cans of nuts, etc. Picked up a 16 gb flash drive for dh that was on sale for 8.99 and a can of shaving cream. LOL I like to put in practical items as well as a few treats.

Also, I picked up some holiday print "Chinese takeout boxes" to put some gifts in. I am on my last knitted washcloth. I will put one washcloth along with a bar of Dove soap in the box. I also hope that I got enough of the boxes to do something for all of youngest's dance instructors. I believe she has 4 actual instructors (going through stuff in my head as she is on 7 teams plus Leaps and Turns and a couple of Ballet classes and some teachers teach more than one) and a couple of assistant read:student helpers. For them I was going to do like a $5 gift card to QT or Starbucks and sprinkle in Holiday Hershey's Kisses. Wish I could do more than $5 gift card but.....then I have the bus driver. I am planning to get him a gift card to AMC Theaters and will put it in one of these boxes as well.

I picked up a set of Skull Candy Earbuds for ds from youngest. They were 9.99. He is always losing earphones/earbuds so I think he will really like that gift from her. HE BETTER!!!!!
Kcmama.. My son loves loves loves those Skull Candy Earbuds...he always breaks his earbuds...That is a fantastic idea....by the way..those Chinese boxes are fabulous.. I have seen them in tons of colors...I could live on Beef Jerky and my hubs could live off those cans of nuts...

I will definitely go down to Lowes.. lately I have been so friggen bluesy in my attitude.. it may be a nice way of blowing off the funk and getting myself in the mood...

You know just as a side thought.. I think I told you this before that one year.. my son and I made homemade hot chocolate powder...and the usual no money and I needed 4 gifts.. and so I went to the 99 cent store and bought 4 colored tins to put the chocolate in and 4 holiday mugs...boy I even laughed I said thank goodness I found 4 that weren't chipped LOL...
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #711

Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #712

Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #713

So check this out you low carbers.. I was reading I believe that in Jan of 2013.. Atkins is coming with frozen meals..which is ironic cause Dr Atkins, believed in real food you know. and here the frozen meals has to contain crap.. but here is some of the meals...

he nine-item menu includes a variety of options to please every taste bud from traditional comfort classics like Meatloaf with Portobello Mushroom Gravy to more premium Italian entrees such as the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo with a real cream and Parmesan cheese sauce.

Farmhouse-Style Sausage Scramble
Tex-Mex Scramble
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
Roast Turkey Tenders with Herb Pan Gravy
Beef Merlot
Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
Meatloaf with Portobello Mushroom Gravy
Italian Sausage Primavera
Chile con Carne

It's like 3.99 a dinner LOLOLOL!! my goodness had a couple of bucks you can make it yourself...

I would post the link to the entire story but I don't want to get in trouble..It's on the PR newswire..
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #714

Quote:
Oh, boy, Chewie. If it is not one thing it is another. Did you tell the church committee your decision yet? What will you do? Take pay cut but keep a lookout for another job or quit?
I don't want a pay cut but I don't have any choice. I guess I'm going to ask for the pay to stay the same till the year end since the budget is already set and then I'll take a cut back to $15, which will probably end up not being accepted. (they said back to $12---I won't take that much of a cut==guess I'll have to quit) I will definitely start looking for a new job but I also need to get this weight off as I have no clothes to interview, etc. I really can't afford to quit although that is what I would really like to do.

Last edited by chewiegand; 12-10-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #715

Gees, dh sure left a messy kitchen. But in his defense, he did cook and clean and serve mostly by himself yesterday plus took care of me. I just did all the dishes that I couldn't fit in the d.w. and cleaned the counters. Later when ds17 gets home, I'm going to do some laundry although I can't move it or lift it as a whole, I can spot stain and fold it. An 8 lb lifting limit is very small.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whew. Just dealt with hanging up two loads of laundry, made kiddos beds and cleaned their rooms. Still need to wash up the morning dishes and the couple things oldest and I messed up for lunch but am resting for a bit. I need to finish this one washcloth. I am debating whether or not to run to Joannes for a skein of green cotton yarn to whip one up for the leader of the green table or just give her the lavender one I am working on. Someone took home the green yarn and that is the only table leader who would not get her washcloth in the color of her table. What to do, what to do?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #717

The idiot owners at my son's work fired him and one of his friends on Saturday. They are going to be so sorry when they realize how much work he did and that he was the one they called ALL the time when others called in sick---which was numerous times a week. I know he's no angel, but they have the worst management system ever---actually they don't have a system. They manage by whim and their mood. It's so weird. They are never consistent and I'm kind of glad he's out of there. I want him to work somewhere he can learn something and also be appreciated. He's going to take a few weeks off then start looking for something new.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #718

Chewie. I have always heard that it's best to look for a job, when you have a job....that's what every recruiter has told me...

By the way take it easy girly... those things will get done eventually...

Kcmama.. I am not crafty at all...
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I don't want a pay cut but I don't have any choice. I guess I'm going to ask for the pay to stay the same till the year end since the budget is already set and then I'll take a cut back to $15, which will probably end up not being accepted. (they said back to $12---I won't take that much of a cut==guess I'll have to quit) I will definitely start looking for a new job but I also need to get this weight off as I have no clothes to interview, etc. I really can't afford to quit although that is what I would really like to do.
Well, Chewie, that seems like an extremely reasonable, well thought out compromise. Have you checked the University again to see if there are any openings? You will lose weight. I bet you have lost at least 10 lbs already. You were able to lose when you were fasting so you should lose here. How many calories are you "drinking"/ingesting? Are you feeling satisfied or are you still kinda hungry?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #720

What was the reason??? boy he was good enough to work all those days in a row....I am sorry Chewie...that sucks...
Closed Thread