Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi peeps. First time checking in and I can't go back and read everything right now. Thinking of you all. Surgery went very well. I was the only patient out of 5 that slept through the first night AND Had no nausea or vomitting. WOOHOO---Praise the Lord. I'm sipping and walking and sipping and walking.
Go Chewie! So nice to hear from you and that everything went well. Take good care of yourself, keep walking and sipping

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #452

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Hi everyone....I hope everyone is feeling better now.
Just a quick note. Yesterday morning while at mama's we were all working to get mama's stuff together the way Lin, her hubs of 29 yrs. had asked us to do.
I heard my sister scream and from that point on it was all horrible. Lin dropped dead in front of us. A massive heart attack they think. We tried CPR while we waited on the ambulance. I'll just say I never want to see anything like that again. It seems like this is all a horrible dream. Mama hasn't even been gone a week yet. I haven't slept since Tuesday night so needless to say I am heading to bed before long. I just know I need some "normal" in my life right now. Tomorrow morning I am going to the dr. with DD. I'll get to see baby Layla on camera so that will help me for sure.
Sweet dreams to all.
Oh Sue
I am so sorry for your stepdad's loss! You guys have been through so much. So very sad! Many hugs and prayers go your way.

Looks like even before her arrival, baby Layla is bringing happiness into your life.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Hi peeps. First time checking in and I can't go back and read everything right now. Thinking of you all. Surgery went very well. I was the only patient out of 5 that slept through the first night AND Had no nausea or vomitting. WOOHOO---Praise the Lord. I'm sipping and walking and sipping and walking.
Chewie glad to hear you are home and getting your water and walking in. Hope your recovery continues to go well.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Hi everyone....I hope everyone is feeling better now.
Just a quick note. Yesterday morning while at mama's we were all working to get mama's stuff together the way Lin, her hubs of 29 yrs. had asked us to do.
I heard my sister scream and from that point on it was all horrible. Lin dropped dead in front of us. A massive heart attack they think. We tried CPR while we waited on the ambulance. I'll just say I never want to see anything like that again. It seems like this is all a horrible dream. Mama hasn't even been gone a week yet. I haven't slept since Tuesday night so needless to say I am heading to bed before long. I just know I need some "normal" in my life right now. Tomorrow morning I am going to the dr. with DD. I'll get to see baby Layla on camera so that will help me for sure.
Sweet dreams to all.
OMGosh Sue that does sound horrible. I'm so sorry. Praying for you to have some happy and normal back in your life.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #455

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning back at ya Lony....
I haven't got to read and catch up yet on all the pages but I just glanced and saw
Chewie is at home doing well.
It is going to get really cold here (finally) come Sunday so that will be nice
for a chance I think. It will make it feel more like Christmas.
I'm off to get ready to go to the dr. with DD. Looking forward to seeing little Layla on the screen.
Have a great morning everyone.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Good Morning Folks.

Well, I just read through the posts from last night and have to say it was about the same emotional impact that my life has been giving me lately. First I read good news from Chewie (glad you are home and doing well and posting again cuz we missed you) and from Linda (glad your knee is better) and then Wham-O! Sue's sad and tragic news. Sue, I am truly sorry. What a difficult time for everyone. So, did Lin have children of his own as well or will you and your sister be handling all of the burial details for him, too?

My heart and prayers go out to you and your sister and the rest of your family. I know we often struggle with the "whys" and the timing of things but we have to hold strong to our Faith and remember this wonderful truth about God in the midst of our storms; He is sovereign and he is working all things for our good. When we don't understand, we need to trust. I have found a great site where a pastor posts his sermons and there are a couple I have found comfort in dealing with Trials and Tribulations. Let me know if you feel you would like the link, Sue.

I am sorry for this additional loss. Blessings.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Oh Sue
I am so sorry for your stepdad's loss! You guys have been through so much. So very sad! Many hugs and prayers go your way.

Looks like even before her arrival, baby Layla is bringing happiness into your life.
Yes, indeed, Sue. Eliza is so right! I know that my youngest being born two days after my sister's sudden passing was what kept us all (especially my mom) from becoming completely and forever unglued. It is amazing how we can have such sorrow and such joy at the same time.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #459

Sue I hope you have a bright and wonderful day. You deserve it!

Ohhh and it snowed last night!!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #460

Christmas cards are done!!!! Yeeeeee Haaawwwwww!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Dang Mona! For a second there I thought you ment it was your husbands 22nd birthday.

Mmmmmm everyone send me some of your dinner! Hahaha I have been cleaning and I am getting my christmas decorations up. The trailer looks very cheery. I just need to finish putting the inside lights up.
Yay!! What kind of lights? Multicolored? All white? Twinkling? Were you able to decorate outside or are you going to just string lights inside around the windows so they can be seen from outside?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sue I hope you have a bright and wonderful day. You deserve it!

Ohhh and it snowed last night!!
You lucky thing you!! I am definitely envious! We got a few sprinkles. The weather guys keep teasing us with the possibility of snow on Sunday but since it won't even rain........I doubt that will happen.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #463

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
gong to be 75 here saturday and sunday UGH
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
In 2001, my mom and her 2 sisters all lost their husbands within one month. My dad had alzheimer's, but his death as well as the other 2 was totally unexpected. It felt like I had been hit with a ton of bricks. Sue, take care of yourself.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Yay!! What kind of lights? Multicolored? All white? Twinkling? Were you able to decorate outside or are you going to just string lights inside around the windows so they can be seen from outside?
I used big multi LED lights I will take some pictures some time today. LOL It has lifted my spirits thats for sure.

Tomorrow we are decorating cookies again. I have my fingers crossed they will turn out this time. It will be intresting. Natalie the girl I was with last sunday is coming over to learn. hahaha How do you teach someone to decorate cookies when they have never held a piping bag in their life?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
gong to be 75 here saturday and sunday UGH
Ohhh Saturday we are a high of 23. Low of 5.

My mom always told me "oh it's too cold to snow" I think she lied.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #467

sooo she has never even decorated like with just the start tips?? oh my!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #468

Ok, question:

I am sending out over 100 Christmas cards, is it wrong that I printed all my address labels? I mean they are already on the cards so I am not going to change them now. I did hand sign each one. Is that tacky that I did that?

I know that my grandmother always said to hand address each and every one.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #469

Quote:
sooo she has never even decorated like with just the start tips?? oh my!
Nope, she had never even baked anything from scratch until Sunday. Holy cow.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #470

Quote:
Ok, question:

I am sending out over 100 Christmas cards, is it wrong that I printed all my address labels? I mean they are already on the cards so I am not going to change them now. I did hand sign each one. Is that tacky that I did that?

I know that my grandmother always said to hand address each and every one.
nope! when i had the goood software on my dinosaur coputer i printed mine too with a cute holiday background
sigh i even had disney ones

this new print stuff doesn't work HALF as well
Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #471

Ok good, thanks Deb. I didn't want Emily Post to hunt me down and give me a good talking to.

Hahaha but you know I hand addressed the cards to all my grandparents.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #472

do you have a wilton practice sheet?/ i tried to google one you could print but came up with NADA
IDK WHERE mine is but if i can find it this evening i will scan it and you could print it and cover with plastic wrap for her?? i have a whole set SOMEWHERE
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #473

Quote:
do you have a wilton practice sheet?/ i tried to google one you could print but came up with NADA
IDK WHERE mine is but if i can find it this evening i will scan it and you could print it and cover with plastic wrap for her?? i have a whole set SOMEWHERE
LOL I am just going to let her have at it! I will be doing mine too so she can watch. She wanted to just cover the whole cookie with one color and be done. I laughed and told her that she could do that with hers, but there was no way she was touching mine. I have a reputation to uphold.

I do have the practice sheets from the 70's. If she shows any intrest at all I will make copies of them for her. Most of the time people are in love with the idea of cookie decorating but when it comes down to it, they don't want to put in the work.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #474

LOL hey even my boys had a good time withthe practice sheets they used to be pretty good at it too!
i bet Kenny has forgotten all about it but i really should try decorating SOMETHING with Steven SIGH i will NEVER be as good at cookies as you are i have to have ken and Steven do the cutouts! mine never work! LOL
Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #475

Quote:
LOL hey even my boys had a good time withthe practice sheets they used to be pretty good at it too!
i bet Kenny has forgotten all about it but i really should try decorating SOMETHING with Steven SIGH i will NEVER be as good at cookies as you are i have to have ken and Steven do the cutouts! mine never work! LOL
LOL, the cookie cutters don't work or is it your dough?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #476

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. I took a shower today. Woohoo. It took so much energy--lol. The best part was washing my hair--now it's all pretty and smells good.

Dh went to work and I'm here w/ds17. It's almost like he's not really here though cause he's upstairs playing video games. I do have a phone here and can call him so it's no biggie. I can't get out of the recliner without help---hurts the abdomen too much. Dh brought me a patio chair inside and it has arms so that can work but not for too long---it's not cushioned.

Yesterday dh decided to decoate in our backyard so we can see it. When you do the house roof/front you don't get to see it unless you're coming and going. He made a beautiful white "Birthday Tree" for me surrounded by colored lights. He even decoated our 40' barn with twinkle ice lights. He's crazy.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #477

Sue--so sorry for you sister and your family. That's so unexpected. HUGS and prayers.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #478

Quote:
Good morning. I took a shower today. Woohoo. It took so much energy--lol. The best part was washing my hair--now it's all pretty and smells good.

Dh went to work and I'm here w/ds17. It's almost like he's not really here though cause he's upstairs playing video games. I do have a phone here and can call him so it's no biggie. I can't get out of the recliner without help---hurts the abdomen too much. Dh brought me a patio chair inside and it has arms so that can work but not for too long---it's not cushioned.

Yesterday dh decided to decoate in our backyard so we can see it. When you do the house roof/front you don't get to see it unless you're coming and going. He made a beautiful white "Birthday Tree" for me surrounded by colored lights. He even decoated our 40' barn with twinkle ice lights. He's crazy.
Hurray! Sounds like you are doing awesome my dear!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #479

Mona and Melinda---feel better. I'm trying to catch up but don't know how long I'll be able to sit in this chair.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #480

Quote:
Hurray! Sounds like you are doing awesome my dear!
I am doing everything 100% by the book.
Closed Thread