Such a pretty picture, Deb.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Think I am going to make up Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken for dinner tonight. I have the crock from my crockpot soaking at the moment. I made Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats in it. The recipe is better than I thought it would be. Oldest and I are the only ones really who will eat oatmeal and she likes the steel cut oats, too. She has had two servings this morning. It is rather cold here today. Not terrible but certainly chilly, cloudy.... my thermostat said 61 so I turned it up to 64 to get some warmer air flowing.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Such a pretty picture, Deb.
that one reminded me of my Old Man Spock he had the bluest eyes and was the sweetest love bug poor old guy i miss him being here he wanted nothing more than to love everyone he was a lynx point siamese that someone had thrown into a machine where Ken worked at the time
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #424

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
That is the color of my tippos eyes. They are so expressive I sometimes think he is human. LOL
Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #425

Quote:
What making Christmas cookies/fudge and assembling gift baskets/plates aren't enough holiday cheer for you?

So sorry you still feel crappy. Ooops, I should take that hug back! I don't want the germs!!!! Seriously, I hope you feel better and are stocked with meds. Ds took Dayquil this a.m. and took some to school along with throat/cough drops.

Oldest and I have been having quite the conversation this morning. It is all good. We have been talking politics, solving the world's problems, etc.
LOL you would think I would be the most cheeriest person ever, but not so much. I think it is because I have not wrapped a single present this year. I have online ordered and sent everything out into the world. I am going to get Mikes stuff and get it all wrapped up pretty. That should help lots. LOL

The weather is going to be COLD, like lows in the 7's and highs in the teens so I went and got my propane tanks filled up. I have to run the furnace once in a while when it is that cold to keep everything from freezing up. So I am all set now. I have food and propane so I won't be found dead when spring comes along. LOL
Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
That is the color of my tippos eyes. They are so expressive I sometimes think he is human. LOL
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #427

7??? gah that is too low! split the difference and send 30 degrees of your cold to melinda! and then you would have a good 37 and snow and she would have a nice 50 degree day! win win if you ask me!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #428

this is neat
Old 12-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
7??? gah that is too low! split the difference and send 30 degrees of your cold to melinda! and then you would have a good 37 and snow and she would have a nice 50 degree day! win win if you ask me!

I wish it worked that way. I guess next month 7 will be the highs if we are lucky.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello friends! I just got home from many shopping adventures. I'm so tired and my hips are killing me! I went to Target and did a bunch of couponing. Got DH's big present for his birthday (22nd) which I will probably give him early because....well we are both into instant gratification. Got all sorts of good coupons deals so that made me happy. Then I went to Sears and picked up DH's Christmas gift and a carpet steam cleaner that I ordered online. The box is huge. Gah! Then I finished up my trip at Costco. Got some baking supplies and dairy that I needed. Couldn't find cocoa powder so that's too bad. Now I'm home. Whew! Relaxing. Will be time for bed soon.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #431

Mona reading that wore me out!

Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hello friends! I just got home from many shopping adventures. I'm so tired and my hips are killing me! I went to Target and did a bunch of couponing. Got DH's big present for his birthday (22nd) which I will probably give him early because....well we are both into instant gratification. Got all sorts of good coupons deals so that made me happy. Then I went to Sears and picked up DH's Christmas gift and a carpet steam cleaner that I ordered online. The box is huge. Gah! Then I finished up my trip at Costco. Got some baking supplies and dairy that I needed. Couldn't find cocoa powder so that's too bad. Now I'm home. Whew! Relaxing. Will be time for bed soon.
Whew!!! You did a lot and it is amazing how tiring getting in and out of cars and stores is!! LOL I have spent the last hour shopping online! Ordered my sister a Crockpot as she has been meaning to buy one for 4 years and can't decide on one. Really?! she is busier than I am and they eat out a lot because she doesn't have time to cook. I thought, "what the heck, I am going to order her one anyway." The way I look at it, you need more than one crockpot. They are a family of 4 and some recipes call for a smaller 3-4 qt capacity and others for a 6-7 qt. so I ordered her a 4 1/2 qt one and two crockpot cookbooks. I want the cookbooks too so may go back to Amazon and order them for me as well! I also want another crockpot. The one I got her is sort of a black/white toile pattern.

Then I ordered my mom a new toaster oven. I am going to cash in rewards points for a gift card for my dad to apply towards an Ipad.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Currently, my crockpot dinner smells really yummy. Hope it tastes as great as it smells!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #434

Quote:
Currently, my crockpot dinner smells really yummy. Hope it tastes as great as it smells!!
i made a small roast and vegetable sin mine the other day and the smell was HEAVENLY
Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #435

Dang Mona! For a second there I thought you ment it was your husbands 22nd birthday.

Mmmmmm everyone send me some of your dinner! Hahaha I have been cleaning and I am getting my christmas decorations up. The trailer looks very cheery. I just need to finish putting the inside lights up.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #436

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi peeps. First time checking in and I can't go back and read everything right now. Thinking of you all. Surgery went very well. I was the only patient out of 5 that slept through the first night AND Had no nausea or vomitting. WOOHOO---Praise the Lord. I'm sipping and walking and sipping and walking.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #437

GO LONY!! i need some inside decorating mojo
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #438

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
So dh brought me the most adorable elephant in the hospital. Then the CEO of the hospital came in to see how I was doing and brought me a beautiful red rose in a vase to bring home. PLus when I got home Tuesday, dh had the outside Christmas lights done and on---so pretty and he bought me a REAL live tree, a blue spruse. It is beautiful. So far it has the lights and garland on it. Poor dh has been helping me so much, I'll bet he'll get more rest tomorrow at work.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi peeps. First time checking in and I can't go back and read everything right now. Thinking of you all. Surgery went very well. I was the only patient out of 5 that slept through the first night AND Had no nausea or vomitting. WOOHOO---Praise the Lord. I'm sipping and walking and sipping and walking.
WHOOHOO CHEWIE! i am soo glad to hear from you and that it went well! happy healing glitter!!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So dh brought me the most adorable elephant in the hospital. Then the CEO of the hospital came in to see how I was doing and brought me a beautiful red rose in a vase to bring home. PLus when I got home Tuesday, dh had the outside Christmas lights done and on---so pretty and he bought me a REAL live tree, a blue spruse. It is beautiful. So far it has the lights and garland on it. Poor dh has been helping me so much, I'll bet he'll get more rest tomorrow at work.
:jump joy:
Old 12-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Chewie - so glad to hear you're doing so well. Wonderful news.

Mona - you are one busy gal. You do more than your share of things. Between work - and finding all those good bargains. You are woman and I hear you roar........You're terrific.

KC - was dinner as good as it smelled? I tried making the old fashioned chicken noodle soup - and thought it was flat tasting. Can't figure out why. Oh well - it was filling and hot.

Deb - love, love all your pictures. I have found too that ordering things on line is the way to go. I'm not a shopper anyway and hitting all the stores just holds no fascination for me since I can't walk that much.

Eliza - how many steps you logging everyday now. Do you think the pedometer is worth it - makes it more fun/challenging? What did you end up getting anyway?

Sue - I hope you are feeling a bit better. It takes time, even though we had the fortune of having our moms till they were in their later years, it doesn't make it any easier. I still haven't gone through my moms house. My brother lives there now, so I will get around to it when I get around to it.

Lony - hope you're feeling much much better by now. I marvel at your creative powers. I thought your cookies looked great. Hey - I'm happy if my chocolate chip cookies look decent. Sounds like you're going to get very very cold very soon..........we call that winter. UGH........I don't like winter - lol - now that it's here - want some heat - maybe 75 with no humidity............we humans are never happy.

Lucky - I hope the cream is working for you. Shingles are just awful. My poor dh had them 5 years ago and is still bothered by the pheriperhal pain all the time. My mom had them - they ran their course with the meds and she never had another problem. I give you lots of credit for going to work.

Melinda - OOOOhhh........that sounds so painful. You poor thing. You mean - other than rinsing with salt water a lot and antibiotics, that is all they can do for you? Does it have to heal like that? I'm thinking, since it's in your mouth it's going to take a while. Feel better soon.

Clarissa - so sorry to hear you were so sick. Good to see you back and posting.

I'm happy to report my knee is looking and feeling better. I've been massaging (gently - thanks Eliza) and using a little heat/cold, babying it and yet trying to get a little walking in.

I have to go to the eye doctor tomorrow. I think she's going to say I need to have cataracts removed. Sigh. Seems they came on very fast. I know that happens, but - geesh. Ugh - hate this I really do. Like most people enjoy it? Yeah right. Always something it seems.

Hope everyone that's been feeling sick feels better tomorrow.............

Linda
Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #442

((HUGS LINDA))) i am glad your knee is some better
listen my mommie had cateract surgery and it is a wonderful thing! she could SEE!! and i bet it will be the same for you she was soo very tickled it was like she was a new person when she had it done

i want this christmas tree! but at over 200 bucks SOO not happening!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi everyone....I hope everyone is feeling better now.
Just a quick note. Yesterday morning while at mama's we were all working to get mama's stuff together the way Lin, her hubs of 29 yrs. had asked us to do.
I heard my sister scream and from that point on it was all horrible. Lin dropped dead in front of us. A massive heart attack they think. We tried CPR while we waited on the ambulance. I'll just say I never want to see anything like that again. It seems like this is all a horrible dream. Mama hasn't even been gone a week yet. I haven't slept since Tuesday night so needless to say I am heading to bed before long. I just know I need some "normal" in my life right now. Tomorrow morning I am going to the dr. with DD. I'll get to see baby Layla on camera so that will help me for sure.
Sweet dreams to all.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #444

WooooHoooo Chewie!! I am so happy that you did so well. I really appreciate your guys letting me know you were ok. Give them big hugs for me. It sounds like they have really stepped up their game.

Deb, inside decorating is easy when you have a little RV! I have lights up inside all the way around the living room and kitchen. Greenery everywhere and I have to admit. It is making me feel a bit more cheerful. I didn't get the laundry done but I can do that tomorrow. Ohhhh and I love the happy glitter. hehehe

Linda, I am glad you are feeling a bit better. Anything is better than feeling worse.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Hi everyone....I hope everyone is feeling better now.
Just a quick note. Yesterday morning while at mama's we were all working to get mama's stuff together the way Lin, her hubs of 29 yrs. had asked us to do.
I heard my sister scream and from that point on it was all horrible. Lin dropped dead in front of us. A massive heart attack they think. We tried CPR while we waited on the ambulance. I'll just say I never want to see anything like that again. It seems like this is all a horrible dream. Mama hasn't even been gone a week yet. I haven't slept since Tuesday night so needless to say I am heading to bed before long. I just know I need some "normal" in my life right now. Tomorrow morning I am going to the dr. with DD. I'll get to see baby Layla on camera so that will help me for sure.
Sweet dreams to all.
Oh Sue, No words can take away the sorrow you are feeling right now. Just know you are in my prayers and in my heart.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #446

oh SUE omg no! i am soo soo sorry i don't even want to imagine what your family and oh my! your poor sister!! please please have someone call her doc and get her something to help her through for a while my Mommie had to double up her "nerve pills" after my sister passed away and nothing nothing helped when my brother did
there are no words my friend and i wish i could help you!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Sue, I can't even imagine how horrible that was. Praying for peace for you and your family. May you feel Jesus' loving arms holding you up.

Chewie, it is good to hear you are on your way to recovery.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Sue, I can't even imagine how horrible that was. Praying for peace for you and your family. May you feel Jesus' loving arms holding you up.

Chewie, it is good to hear you are on your way to recovery.
Lucky you always seem to know exactly how to say the right thing.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Sue, What a week for you and your family. Waiting for an ambulance is the longest few minutes there is. You are in my thoughts, hope you get some good rest tonight. Take care of yourself. Prayers for all the family. Tomorrow you get to see baby Layla. What a bright spot in a rough week. Enjoy your time with your dd. I think you need some quality time with little Eli. That will bring a smile to your face and heart. Hugs, Linda
Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #450

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning, TGIF! Christmas is approaching!

Many hugs to all who are not feeling well right now.

It was a very long day for me yesterday, but on the bright side I walked a bit over 6,300 steps.

Linda, a pedometer is worth it, makes me move my buns more. I'm using a pedometer I got online, forgot the name, it's very tiny and flat. When im on the desktop I'll find and post a pic. Pretty accurate. I walk and count 100 steps and its always within 1-2 steps of that. Because its so flat, I clip it to my pants' waistband and wear it that way. On average, I've been walking about 4,000 steps per day. They say to be healthy one needs to walk about 10,000 per day, I don't know how long it will take me to get to that level.

Everyone have a great Friday!

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 12-07-2012 at 03:32 AM..
Closed Thread