Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Lony...the cookies look cute to me!! I'm sorry you are having such a tough time with them. I'm throwing glitter all over you so tomorrow will be a better day!! I'm throwing some on me also!!!

Hi to everyone. I'll be gone a couple of days.
I'm hoping for a do nothing, kick back, Christmas watching movie time this weekend to just relax my busy little mind!! Wishing the same for all of you!
Praying that everyone that is sick will get better soon.
Sweet dreams to all.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Wow KCMama you *have* been working hard! I'm tired just reading about your day.

I'm slowly but surely getting the tree decorated. Got the lights on and about half the ornaments. Tinycat is starting to get more interested in the tree now that there are dangly balls hanging from it.

Taking a food break right now. Sausage and muffins, and eggs for DH. I had some OJ earlier. The vitamin C can't hurt, right?

Sadly, I don't think DH would leave the house unless it was a dire emergency. He can barely fit in the car anymore. It would be fantastic if he would go get me some meds but he hasn't offered and I'm not going to ask him since it's so difficult for him to move around. Half the reason I don't want to go myself is that I need a shower and I'm too darn lazy to go thru all the effort of that and dressing. Gosh how lazy am I?
You are not lazy, you don't feel well. I didn't take a shower today and I am not sick......
Old 12-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
My pharmacy finally got my cream for my shingles in stock. I believe it is going to help. I sure hope so.
Oh, Yay!! I hope so too!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Well right now I am madder than a wet hen! I got all the base coats on my cookies last night and this morning...They are still not dry. I think I got a bad can of meringue powder. Now I just pray they are dry enough for tomorrow. I am tempted to call Wilton and give them a piece of my mind!!!
Oh, No! I am so sorry to hear that. Hoping they are dry in the morning for you. Is it really humid there?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #335
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
This one is for you Kcmama.

In the bags I put the sugar cookies, peanutbutter fudge, rocky road fudge, cranberry almond fudge, lemon blackberry cookies and butter toffee.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

Deb I love it! hahaha. I hope Ken enjoys his "Double Power TD-1010 with WiFi 10.1" Dual Core" LOL I had to quote the exact thing you said because honestly I don't even know what this is. Sometimes I feel so "out of it" with all the new technology. The music from the Charlie Brown Christmas special are some of my favorites.

Lony your cookies look awesome!! When do I get to do my QC? Tee Hee. Actually right now I can barely taste or smell anything. *honk*

Sue get some good relaxing on your getaway. You deserve it.

So I called in sick for my last night off. Feel a bit guilty because it's a scramble to cover shifts...but I am really, truly sick. I will probably finish decorating the tree tonight and take a shower. Woo Hoo!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #337

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning, girls! Have a great Wednesday!

Hope Chewie is recovering nicely and we'll hear from her;hope Lucky is doing well with the cream and the shingles aren't bothering her; and Mona has recovered from the flu.

Lony, all those treats look super yummy! Lucky Mike, also because he can eat them and stay skinny!

I won't be on here till later tonight....after school leadership meeting till 5 p.m., then chiropractor.....

Everyone have a lovely day
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #338

Good Morning. I am up with the chickens to take Mike to work.

Eliza he is lucky, but he does not eat that kind of thing. He is weird like that.

Chewie,Lucky, Linda,Mona and Melindapoo I hope that you are all feeling much better today.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
i'm anxious to hear from Chewie. I think my shingles are worse. I got no sleep last night. The shooting pains are worse. I hope I can stay awake at work today.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #340

Quote:
i'm anxious to hear from Chewie. I think my shingles are worse. I got no sleep last night. The shooting pains are worse. I hope I can stay awake at work today.
Oh Lucky, I am so sorry. Try and get some rest.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
I'm so sorry Lucky. I wish there was something further the doctors can do. Stupid varicella zoster virus!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #342
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Those are just adorable, Lony....you have the patience of a saint..

and Deb...typing with rubber gloves...cracked me up...
Old 12-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Lony...the cookies look cute to me!! I'm sorry you are having such a tough time with them. I'm throwing glitter all over you so tomorrow will be a better day!! I'm throwing some on me also!!!

Hi to everyone. I'll be gone a couple of days.
I'm hoping for a do nothing, kick back, Christmas watching movie time this weekend to just relax my busy little mind!! Wishing the same for all of you!
Praying that everyone that is sick will get better soon.
Sweet dreams to all.

I LOVE this one...
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #344
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
This one is for you Kcmama.

In the bags I put the sugar cookies, peanutbutter fudge, rocky road fudge, cranberry almond fudge, lemon blackberry cookies and butter toffee.

Oh...........myyyyyyyyyyyyyy....goodness...scrumpt ious looking...Lony....you are a gem of a baker.

(no matter what I do..can't get rid of that space..lol)

Wishing a better day to those who aren't feeling well...

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 12-05-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear this! You would think that in this day and age they would have a medicine that is able to stop the brain from interpreting/receiving those nerve pain signals!! Something that is not a narcotic, btw. I had the chicken pox when I was young and in fact had complications that placed me in the hospital for 3 months with several surgeries so I am a bit worried about the possibility of having Shingles. I have looked into the vaccine but I am too young?! I sure hope it runs its course quickly for you.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

I can't rest, I am at work.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #347
Big Yapper!!!!

Natural Treatment for Shingles

By Naima Manal, eHow Contributor

Shingles, also known as Herpes zoster, is a disease of the skin. Both shingles and chicken pox are caused by the Varicella zoster virus, a herpes virus that is distinctly different from the genital herpes virus. Shingles is an inflammatory skin rash that breaks out in people who have previously suffered from chicken pox. Though this virus provides immunity to more chicken pox outbreaks, immune system compromise can cause the Varicella zoster virus to regain its virility. This is how shingles develops in a person. A natural treatment for shingles provides relief without debilitating side effects, and it promotes healing from within your body's immune system.

Shingles is a very virulent and contagious skin disease. It causes chicken pox in people who have not had chicken pox, and this lingering infection can cause a shingles outbreak at a later time. It is not possible, however, to catch shingles directly as shingles, and the disease is only spreadable when the rash has fresh or moist blisters that have not yet healed.

Treating shingles with natural cures starts with the well-being of the whole body. Drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices, and eat a lot of fresh produce to naturally detoxify the body to give it rejuvenation and healing abilities. The increased quantities of nutrients and enzymes available in fresh produce have the medicinal properties that will help your body regain its natural internal balance that provides an unfavorable environment to foreign pathogens. It is also important to keep your mind and environment in a clean and happy state. Stay away from the sun and too much heat, and do not wear irritating fabrics.

Topical Applications

Calamine lotion is well-known for its cooling relief from itching, as well as its drying qualities. It contains zinc oxide and iron oxide. Alternative drying agents include moistened clay and cooked oatmeal. All of these choices soak up the moisture of the rash and promote its drying out.

Apple cider vinegar can be topically applied as a natural shingle treatment, as well. It can be applied every three to four hours to provide relief and promote the healing of the infected skin.

Besides applying oatmeal directly to the skin, you can take an oatmeal bath to provide soothing relief while reducing inflammation. Oatmeal has antihistamine properties, which will calm the inflammation caused by the shingles outbreak. After the bath, you can apply coconut oil, cocoa butter, vitamin E oil or fresh aloe vera. You should continue to apply the natural topical agent of your choice at every sign of the previous application wearing away.

Another topical recipe that provides a natural treatment for shingles is to combine fresh aloe vera pulp with cayenne pepper. Both have anti-viral, anti-infection properties, and they act in unison to both attack the infection, absorb its moisture, and dry out its location. Simply applying avocado mixed with golden seal powder and myrrh is another recipe for a topical natural treatment.

Take by Mouth

Increasing your fluid intake will increase your blood circulation. This will help your body send its natural defenses to fight off the shingles rash and rid your body of the infection. Increased fluid intake, combined with eating fresh foods, will further promote your body's self-healing abilities.

The types of fruits that are beneficial in the natural treatment of shingles are those that provide vitamins E, C and B12, provided that you are not allergic to them. These include fresh peaches, melons, strawberries, lemons, berries, avocado, mangoes, tomatoes and apricots. Other beneficial vitamins and supplements include vitamins A and D, L-lysine, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium and acidophilus.

Coconut oil, taken three times a day, also gives relief to shingles outbreaks. Drinking a small amount of sea salt and water gives your body an internal antiseptic wash. Eating fresh garlic also has beneficial antiseptic qualities as a natural treatment for shingles.

Herbs

Some of the common herbs used as a natural treatment for shingles include elderberry, Echinacea, propolis and golden seal. Herbs can be taken as teas, to also account for your fluid intake, or they may be available in syrup, powder, capsule or tablet form. Honey, which you can use to sweeten your tea, also has anti-infection and healing properties, and it can be applied topically, as well.

Prevention/Solution

Avoid eating certain foods to prevent further aggravation of your shingles rash. The arginine in nuts and seeds acts against the L-lysine you may be taking. Chocolate, though delicious, is highly irritating to shingles outbreaks. Too much sunlight and heat will slow down the healing, as well.

Observe sanitary habits to avoid spreading your rash during its most virulent stages, both on your own body and to others. Use the drying agents, such as calamine lotion or oatmeal, to prevent the rash from oozing and spreading beyond its site.

Warning

Discuss with your doctor or a natural health care provider the choices that you decide to use as a natural treatment for shingles. The experts will be able to assess your current health condition, as well as what works well for your body's needs. With a knowledgeable approach, consistency and patience, you will soon have relief using your chosen natural treatment for shingles.

(I know the only thing that saved me when I had really bad hives...was coconut oil)

Hope some of this helps..

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony all of the cookies look great! As does the fudge plate. I really like the sound and looks of the Lemon Blackberry ones.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

Now I have visions of Lony's cookies and fudge dancing in my head...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn, thanks for the info. I had looked up several things, but had not come across this article. I am printing it off and drinking water as I type.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #351
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Lynn, thanks for the info. I had looked up several things, but had not come across this article. I am printing it off and drinking water as I type.
You're welcome...my Aunt, Dad and Daughter in Law...all have had shingles...that I can think of off the top of my head...
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Lony all of the cookies look great! As does the fudge plate. I really like the sound and looks of the Lemon Blackberry ones.
Well let me know if you want the recipe. It is super duper easy!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Now I have visions of Lony's cookies and fudge dancing in my head...
Well just wait. I didn't get everything made because Mr. Mike shared his yucky germs with me.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well just wait. I didn't get everything made because Mr. Mike shared his yucky germs with me.
Bummer! So sorry you have fallen victim to some illness as well. Guess another one bites the dust, eh?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, was just looking at the new designation under my name on the side there. Not sure if I should be flattered or not?...... Also made me think of Gabby who used to post on here. Wonder how she is doing. It has been quite a while since she has posted.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I read that fast and thought it said..shared his lucky charms with you..I am definately getting on in years here..LOL
...and I wasn't thinking cereal..lol

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 12-05-2012 at 09:54 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #357
Big Yapper!!!!

It is kinda of weird that everyone has something at once...maybe rubber gloves aren't such a bad idea...lol
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Lony, I would love the lemon blackberry one. I have blackberries in the freezer from last summer.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #359

Lemon blackberry cream cookies
1 cup of softened butter
3 oz of softened cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon lemon zest*
1 teaspoon of lemon juice*
2 ˝ cups of flour
Seedless blackberry jam

Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. Beat in egg yolk , lemon zest and lemon juice. Add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Shape dough into balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using your thumb, indent the top of each cookie. Mix jam until softened and place in a zip top baggie. Cut a hole in the corner of bag. CAREFULLY fill the indents of cookies with jam. Do not over fill or get jam on sides of cookies. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until set. Let cool for one min. on cookie sheet then transfer to wire rack.
**I use the zest of a whole lemon and juice of one lemon. But I like mine really lemony.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #360

Lucky I have also taken frozen blackberries and mixed with sugar and just cooked it till it was thick. It makes the cookies super yummy!
Closed Thread