Old 12-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #3091
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
I haven't heard this - are they freaking kidding us - after how they have not done their jobs in oh how many years now? This is just pure disgusting to me. Just another example that they don't give a whit for everyone suffering in this economy. Their shame has no boundaries apparently.
i ain't had ANY news on today tv radio aint looked online i am just soo tired of hearing it worse than a bunch of little kids keeping all the candy for themselves KWIM?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #3092
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Think of the bright side Lony. This is the last laundry of the year for you!
You're good Mona - awfully short bright side though. Laundry is always creeping up, like a virus you can't get rid of..........There's always something dirty or getting there.

You feeling any better? Hope so. Did you give it to dh?
Old 12-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #3093
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i did a nose swab with CO last night i HAVE colloidal silver here SOMEWHERE but it is with my NES games and Polar Express DVD i guess lost in the never never
never thought about lamisil wonder if that would burn the CO actually felt really nice
thanks for the link ELiza
Aw Deb - I was so hoping the steroid shot was going to be the thing that knocked that bug out of you.

Thoughts and prayers for Ken - what a burden to have hanging over him - and you - for so long too. 6 months is a long time with that on your mind all the time.

Love, love all your pictures.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #3094
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG my friend HOW VERY SCARY! one slip up and all! and ya know in any other line of work putting stuff in someone else file would have repercussions!

and i am soo glad it was not your BS that was that high
i hear ya on the getting blood EEK i just tell them in the middle deep! Ken's motorcycle riding buddy?? his wife is a plebotomist (SPELLING) and she looked at my arms and said i don't see why everyone ha=s such a hard time so if i ever surrender to another blood test i am asking for her she doesn't have the bed hmm bedside mannner?/ but she is very efficient and i can handle that
hang in ther and man oh man if it helps you as much as it helped my mom you will be soo pleased!
Thanks Deb - you know - it will be interesting to see the difference, because I really don't have any big problems with seeing - other than not seeing things as well at a distance. And halos around car lights - but since I rarely drive at night anyway, didn't bother me.

I have never figured out the blood thing - I do know though - that if I drink lots of water - it's easier for them. I forgot that this morning. Although - on the morning of surgery - I can't have anything after midnight. I've found that if they don't get it on the first stick - it will take several.

Happy Birthday to Kenny - nice that he did manage to come see you - he did put forth the effort, so you hang on to that. Now - don't go looking through all those photos of when he and Steven were babies.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #3095

Quote:
Thanks Deb - you know - it will be interesting to see the difference, because I really don't have any big problems with seeing - other than not seeing things as well at a distance. And halos around car lights - but since I rarely drive at night anyway, didn't bother me.

I have never figured out the blood thing - I do know though - that if I drink lots of water - it's easier for them. I forgot that this morning. Although - on the morning of surgery - I can't have anything after midnight. I've found that if they don't get it on the first stick - it will take several.

Happy Birthday to Kenny - nice that he did manage to come see you - he did put forth the effort, so you hang on to that. Now - don't go looking through all those photos of when he and Steven were babies.
Ken got me a digital picture frame and i put all that i could find that had been sscanned into the computer on it i am missing several picture CDS too i tried to find a newborn pic of kenny to post this morning but i don't seem to have one on photobucket or FB
Old 12-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #3096

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Jeese Linda, what a horrible mix up..glad everything is ok....but
I hope they notify the person...boy...,
Old 12-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #3097
Major LCF Poster!

Ok here on the east coast - it's 5 1/5 hours till 2013. Everyone have big party plans? We are going to hunker down - just dh and myself - and the 2 granddogs............party animals? Don't think so. Will - hopefully - watch the ball in Times Square welcome in the new year, if not - we'll welcome it at breakfast. Think I'm getting old? That would be a YES.

Who's going to be here at midnight? Can we have a party on here for those of us that are staying off the roads? Ds is having to work all night - to watch out for the party goers.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #3098

Steven and i are holding down the recliners playing video games Ken is working and i hope he is careful on the roads coming home i turned the outside lights on just incase that sleet snow whatever might stick a little and i could see my blowmolds in some snow before we take them down
Old 12-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #3099
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Steven and i are holding down the recliners playing video games Ken is working and i hope he is careful on the roads coming home i turned the outside lights on just incase that sleet snow whatever might stick a little and i could see my blowmolds in some snow before we take them down
What's the January thread going to be Deb? Or haven't you decided? Challenges? A new beginning? lol - another new beginning. You're lots better at that than me that's for sure.

We have a neighbor - on the way up to the highway that has blowmolds out - only got to see them lit up once - so pretty. Made me think of all of yours and how pretty they must be. Now you have to store them again till next year - that's always sad to me - putting all the ornaments and lights away. I'm with Melinda - I'm going to leave my ball ornaments hanging in the windows. I really like to look at them.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #3100

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
What a day I've had. Had to go to pre-surgery anesth this morning. Nurse had a terrible time getting blood. I never tell them they'll probably have a hard time - tends to freak them out. Well, 33 years of sticking people she says - and I win the ribbon. She said she only does 2 and then sends anyone down to the big lab guys. So, I hem/haw - and she agrees to a 3rd stick. Nope - then they tell me it will be at least 2 hours before they can try in the lab. So, there I sit - asking her to try one last time. 4th time was a charm. Ugh - I'm going to have pretty bruises on both arms and hands. Very stressful.

This afternioon - the nurse from eye doc called and said she had all the results from the lab. my sugar was 329, that the doc wouldn't operate if it was over 300. Told me to cut out all the carbs, pasta, etc and just maybe it would be under 300 by Tuesday - day of surgery. That I should call my doc and told me to go in friday afternoon - to my doc and get another test for sugar. I call my doc - the receptionist puts me on hold after I told her the numbers. She says - doc says come right now.

I'm sitting at the table with dh - and literally wondering what happened. Not to mention scared. I called the nurse at eye doc office to ask her how - I mean I had my blood work from 6 months ago - and sugar was fine. Can that really happen so quickly - and she says - well if your pancreas isn't working, etc. Sigh - guess my brain wasn't taking much in - and I say - technically it was a fasting blood - since all I had this morning was tea and some walnuts.

As we are walking out the door to go to my primary doc - the phone rings - just about didn't answer - but I did - it was the eye doc nurse...........something was bugging her - and she took all the paperwork from the lab out - and as she was looking at it again - here the lab had included another piece of paper from someone else. My sugar levels were just fine.

I really didn't know whether to get mad or laugh or cry. Same with dh - I feel so fortunate - but - omgoodness - what about the person with the 329 sugar level.

So, that was my day - and I'm good to go for cataract surgery on Tuesday morning. Now I need to go read the posts I've missed.

Hi everyone - sorry for such a long winded story.
Oh my goodness, Linda, what a scary and frustrating day for you! I am so glad it turned out to be a false scare. And, as you say, really sad for the person whose blood sugar was 329.

Goodness what you must have gone through! Very, very scary.

So I presume you're all ready to go for the surgery.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #3101

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Ok here on the east coast - it's 5 1/5 hours till 2013. Everyone have big party plans? We are going to hunker down - just dh and myself - and the 2 granddogs............party animals? Don't think so. Will - hopefully - watch the ball in Times Square welcome in the new year, if not - we'll welcome it at breakfast. Think I'm getting old? That would be a YES.

Who's going to be here at midnight? Can we have a party on here for those of us that are staying off the roads? Ds is having to work all night - to watch out for the party goers.
No, no big plans for us. John is still asleep and he will just wake up and we will eat and toast at midnight and that will be about it.

We can certainly have a party on here. However I am central time and you guys some of you are on Eastern so you will meet the new year earlier than I would.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #3102

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Holy cow Linda, I am sure glad everything was ok. What an ordeal!

Ok ladies we are going into the big city to a friends house for dinner. We will be back early though.

Hugs and kisses and mushy junk for a happy new year!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #3103

Quote:
What's the January thread going to be Deb? Or haven't you decided? Challenges? A new beginning? lol - another new beginning. You're lots better at that than me that's for sure.

We have a neighbor - on the way up to the highway that has blowmolds out - only got to see them lit up once - so pretty. Made me think of all of yours and how pretty they must be. Now you have to store them again till next year - that's always sad to me - putting all the ornaments and lights away. I'm with Melinda - I'm going to leave my ball ornaments hanging in the windows. I really like to look at them.

one of these days when my lazy strreak leaves 9and i have oodles of money) i am going to have enough to do every holiday like a guy on FB does he has his Christmas down al ready and WINTER blowmolds up! (repainted in blue and silver) and then he does valentines St patricks Easter ETC whew i WANT to see his storage area! i have 100 blowmolds and do not know how he could have enough to make soo many over into the other holidays! i do have 3 rabbits for spring/easter/ ostara
and once again a new month a new years can you believe it?/ time is slipping away from me
300+ Support Group SNOW FOOLIN' JAN 2013
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #3104

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
No, that is just for a week. They are all folded and put away. Nothing in the world will irritate me more then clean laundry just sitting around. It has to be folded right out of the dryer or put on hangars. Granted I don't always get it put away immediately but it is always folded or hung.
Mine too or else it just gets wrinkled.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #3105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I love it! It makes things so much easier for me. Now I will prattle on and on and on with very little effort. So beware you guys!
I'm glad. Maybe his is a much earlier version---probably 2-3 years ago is when I got it. It's probably better now.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #3106

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Jeese Linda, what a horrible mix up..glad everything is ok....but
I hope they notify the person...boy...,
I agree, glad it wasn't you.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #3107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
No, no big plans for us. John is still asleep and he will just wake up and we will eat and toast at midnight and that will be about it.

We can certainly have a party on here. However I am central time and you guys some of you are on Eastern so you will meet the new year earlier than I would.
I don't even know if I'll make it to midnight. Plus, like Eliza, I'm central time too. I saw the tv commercial for the Times square party/ball drop and I didn't even recognize most of the performers. Sad, when you get old and don't keep up.

Dh and I did get invited to a party here in town at an event center that has weddings and stuff. It's a byob and they are having some snacks to purchase and dancing. If it were next year, I would definitely consider it but I can't get into a fancy dress at my current size. I would not be comfortable plus I'm still recovering so next year.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #3108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
You're good Mona - awfully short bright side though. Laundry is always creeping up, like a virus you can't get rid of..........There's always something dirty or getting there.

You feeling any better? Hope so. Did you give it to dh?
I'm not quite as sick as I was but I still have an annoying cough and a lot of crud in my head. Yes I did give it to Dh but he has been over it for over a week now and I still have it!

Glad that your sugars weren't really that high. Good luck with your surgery.

Home from work! Speaking of laundry I have to do some. Working a 5 day week and I only own 4 pairs of work pants....so doing the complicated algebraic equations leaves me 1 pair short.

It's 32 here and very foggy. Had a ton of traumas come into the ED last night. I was working in blood bank. Kept busy all night long so the night went by fast.
Closed Thread