Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tammy4262
Stats: 355/355/180
WOE: high protein/low Carb
Start Date: Nov 17 2012
Time to stop crying?

Hi all
I am back and will try my best to be more active in this group I am 43 married with 3 Adult childern my husband works away from home and is not here very often I am very over wieght and my body hurts because of it
I need to loss 200 pounds. I cant do this on my own so I hope this group can give me the extra push i need I know it will be a lot of hard work on my account and I am willing to give it my all I have lost weight 82 pounds in the past yup put it back on and some extra. I sit and cry because I am lonely and Depressed and do not like who I have let myself become.
This it my day to turn myself around and make changes to my kife that I can follow I hope to make many friends here and help anyone who needs my support something I dont have at home. well here goes its about me now. please follow me and do this together. I am from Manitoba Canada.
tammy4262 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/22/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: One day at a time

Tammy, I have learned more about proper nutrition and the psychological contributors to my morbid obesity on this site than any other resource. Come often, read often, post often.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Tammy-

As you can see from my stats, I've done it--and I was post-menopausal at the time, so it was tough. So don't wait like I did--do it NOW.

In my experience, weight loss is 95% 'mental.' We have to believe that those foods are killing us and responsible for all those aches and pains. I began seriously because I was finally so big that I was uncomfortable in my body. I had no goal other than to lose enough weight to feel better.

I never believed I would get to a 'normal' size because I've been morbidly obese since childhood. But as I began to lose and feel better, I also began to see food differently--less as a 'temptation' and more as a 'danger.'

I've been maintaining for almost 2 years, but I am not 'cured' of my food issues. Like any alcoholic, I'm simply in recovery, and I need to take it one day at a time. Weight management will be a lifetime challenge for me--but it's WORTH every effort.

I hope you stay with us for encouragement and support. Losing weight is the best gift you can give yourself. And you can do it!
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luckyme
Stats: 262/253/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/5/12
Welcome! Welcome!
luckyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tammy4262
Stats: 355/355/180
WOE: high protein/low Carb
Start Date: Nov 17 2012
Thank you
tammy4262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy4262 View Post
Hi all
I am back and will try my best to be more active in this group I am 43 married with 3 Adult childern my husband works away from home and is not here very often I am very over wieght and my body hurts because of it
I need to loss 200 pounds. I cant do this on my own so I hope this group can give me the extra push i need I know it will be a lot of hard work on my account and I am willing to give it my all I have lost weight 82 pounds in the past yup put it back on and some extra. I sit and cry because I am lonely and Depressed and do not like who I have let myself become.
This it my day to turn myself around and make changes to my kife that I can follow I hope to make many friends here and help anyone who needs my support something I dont have at home. well here goes its about me now. please follow me and do this together. I am from Manitoba Canada.
I can definitely relate to your story, because it sounds a lot like my story.

I'm 36, married with 2 adult children (don't dwell on the math, too much, I got my family ready-made). I'm on the border of Class IV obesity, and my body hurts because of it. I'm living 1,205 miles, 184 feet, and 9.6 inches from home in order to take a work opportunity. I don't know anyone here, and I miss my family very much. I am lonely, and I often struggle with depression. I spend my non-work days sitting in an empty room by myself. No matter how I run the math, or what adjustments I make, I won't be able to afford to move my wife down until February.

When I started low carb 10 weeks ago, I needed to lose 189 pounds. I'm not going to pretend like I've got some story of dramatic transformation, but I have whittled that number down to 158 pounds to lose (from 344.6 down to 313).

A mere 31.6 pounds... a good start, but nothing more. I'll have to wait to write my weight loss book - unless I want to call it "How to Lose 16.7% of Your Unwanted Bodyweight").

And yet, 31.6 pounds is already making the difference in my health. I'm moving around more and I'm finding it easier to become motivated to get out and do something.

about a month ago, my 4x bowling shirt fit again. And now it's starting to get a little big on me. I went shopping for work clothes and had to purchase a 3x shirt (though to be fair, it's a 3x from the Big and Tall, which is a dash bigger than a regular 3x).

That feeling is better than any carbohydrate you might choose to name. A sense of progress towards the goal. It happens quickly - in hindsight at least.

You are not alone.

You've done this before, so you already know that there's going to be some hard times in the first few weeks, but we are here for you. I found, getting started, that I needed to eat nearly twice as much meat to compensate for the carbs I wasn't eating.

Don't starve yourself in an effort to rush things along. Hunger doesn't cause weight loss - a functioning metabolism does. Eat to the point of satiety - even if it seems like an insane amount of food. Hunger is the enemy. Read every label, and remember that there's no such thing as a free carb. You have to be careful with vegetables, because they'll put you right over the top - but DO take advantage of subtracting your fiber from the carb count.

Know your plan, and follow it to the letter. Two carb binges spaced just right can ruin an entire month (I've got the graph to prove it). Know your weaknesses, and find a way to avoid it. Commit to success.

Low carb works best when you forget everything you know. Whole wheat is bad. Oatmeal is bad. Carrots are bad. Butter is good. Bacon and eggs are good. Heavy cream is good. Ham? Trick question - read the label. Most ham has sugar. but some ham doesn't. In fact, read all the labels. You'll find carbs in the craziest places.

Whatever approach you use to make your way back to where you want to be, health wise, find ways to celebrate your new way of life. Revel in those foods you love. Obviously, inception doesn't count, but if you make every day of your diet a punishment and a struggle, you'll never have a chance to replenish your willpower. So love the foods you can eat. And don't dwell on the ones you cannot.

I look forward to seeing your progress!

Welcome back.

Last edited by Z; 11-18-2012 at 10:29 PM..
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greybb1
Stats: 320/238/175
Start Date: September 2011
Hi Tammy! During my "girls" vacation with my sister (equally overweight if not more than me) to Florida in Sept. 2011, I finally said "NO MORE!" and as soon as I got home, I changed the way I eat.

I follow a higher-carb low-carb diet, meaning I do roughly 100 carbs or less a day. I managed to do this by cutting out all sugar, rice, potatoes and dairy. (except cheese and sour cream) I also quit drinking alcohol, which wasn't a big deal for me because I didn't drink much anyway.

It was tough at first, but just like anything else, it's become a habit. Have I cheated? At first yes. After 20 pounds I went sugar crazy and gained almost all of the 20 back. But I jerked a knot in my tail (my mother used to say that lol) and cut all that out.

I finally decided that slow and steady wins the race for me. I'm not posting dramatic weight loss numbers like a lot of people do, but I figure it took me 54 years to get this fat, it's gonna take me some time to lose it. So I average about 5 pounds a month. Some months I lose more, some months I lose less. I just finally broke a 2 month plateau!

I've lost about 60 pounds so far this year, about 80 total from Sept of 2011. I've gone from a size 26 to a loose 20. Every day I see something that has changed on my body. Some good, some not so good. LOL My arms look like Dumbo's ears.

I haven't suffered or gone hungry. I haven't really been tempted in the last few months. I've pretty much settled into a routing of about 5 things I like to eat that are easy to fix and I just rotate through them, eating the leftovers for lunch. And I do love my sugar-free ice cream for a snack! For the first time in my life I don't really think about food much at all.

I've gone through some hardships in this last year, I lost my job, then started a new job and my dear friend committed suicide in my garage while I was out of town in September. I've had some happy times, too. Most notably a 4th of July family vacation at our favorite resort. Through it all I was determined that it would not set me back and it didn't.

You can do it, really you can! Find something that works for you and do it. Spend time here and check out "THE PLAYGROUND" group on this board for lots of non-weightloss conversation.

You're not alone in this Tammy! Whether you're going up or down on the scales you'll find support here.
greybb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Hello Tammy....glad I saw your thread as I am starting again...I know that I have gained the most I have ever gained over the last year due to stress and being home now that I am retired...I use to move my body more and now I do alot of craft projects that I sit at so I have to get myself back into moving....I am ready...I have done low carb and I love it...it does work and it really helps when you have alot of encourgement from others on this site..Hope to join you...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone....

This is my plan:
Food journal
Keep my water intake up ...add fresh cucumber slices....refreshing taste..
Start my body moving....walking in the mornings early..
Keep working on my craft projects to keep my hands busy...I dont snack when I work on them...
Love to read...lots of books...
Plan for holiday menu changes I will make for myself as a goal...

When I am down...I pray....so now God knows that I am starting this new journey so I am ready to go....
Have a great evening all.....
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning,
Weighed this morning and the scales smiled so I have a smile ...will not change stats until end of month ...you know how scales love you morning and the next..mmmmm make you want cry 232.4

Bacon with a touch of vegetable garden creamcheese rolls.
Egg salad...

Dinner ...grilled chicken with garlic/Mrs Dash
green salad/ranch
steamed summer squash
Ice tea...sweet and low and water all day
Sewing cloth Christmas books to keep busy...

Trying to keep my day planned to help me keep on track ....
Hope everyone has a wonderful day...
Old 11-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sya_unit
Stats: 254/184/140
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: Jan 3, 2012
Hey Tammy,

I just wanted to say Hi and that we are here for you. Hugs! You can do it!!

Tami
sya_unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Tammy ~ I'm also from Canada.

There are some great people on this board with lots of excellent advice.

My two cents is slow and steady wins the race and allows your body and mind to get in sync and if you cheat ... get back in the saddle as quickly as possible.

I have also found some great journals on this site.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Welcome. You can do this. Just stick with the plan and don't let yourself get hungry.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 149.6
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hi Tammy,
I have been where you are and started with Atkins in 2001. About two years into it, i had lost 100 lbs, but realized I needed a little more structure, so I found a structured low carb plan, with lots of low carb vegetables, proteins, fats and I keep away from alocohol, sugar, grains, starchy vegetables and dairy (lactose intolerant). I weigh my portions to make sure I eat enough of the vegetables and not too much of the proteins. I could easily be a protein addict.

This year someone on LCFs suggested using ****** to log in my meals to see where it was all shaking out. Doing that helped me tweak a few things to lose some weight that had creeped back on after I was down to 150 lbs. Thankfully, I listened and am almost back there.

It does take vigilance and a commitment to a new, healthier you. I write down what I am going to have in the morning so I have a plan for the day, and that's what I eat. I had always heard that failing to plan was planning to fail. And that is true for me.

Be patient. I am in agreement that slow and steady wins the race and creates a whole new life for you. I lose about a lb a week and get to eat 3 beautiful meals a day. Today I am 64 yrs old and am walking at least 10,000 steps a day. When I was 376 lbs, I could barely get off the couch. I missed a lot of years of my kids childhood. Not any more. I stopped making excuses and have support groups here, on facebook and live meetings that I can attend as well as phone meetings. All free.

It helps me to help you, because it helps me to stay the course. Serving others helps me to get out of my own head. I wouldn't trade my life today for anything. And it all started here on LCFs.

Last edited by MaryMary; 12-22-2012 at 12:41 PM..
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
Tammy, how's it going?
thealything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anglgrl
Stats: 231/135/130
WOE: HF/LC Paleo
Start Date: Mid Sept. 2011
Welcome, Tammy!
You're not alone. There are people here who understand what you're going through.
anglgrl is offline   Reply With Quote