Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #4441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Is Eli old enough for "I Spy" books..are you familiar with them?
OMG, my kids loved the I Spy books. We even had the computer games of I Spy. I would think that you can prob buy them for Ipads, Kindles, Nooks nowadays.
kcmama is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #4442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hey KCMama! Welcome home. I hope you had a fabulous time at Disneyworld. That's a real bummer that your daughter expected you to start cooking and cleaning the minute you got home. She doesn't realize how exhausting traveling is.
Mona is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #4443
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,347
Gallery: lucky51
I have a pulse ox at home because of some trouble in the past. I had pneumonia and my oxygen level got down to 79. I wanted my husband to take me to the ER around 7:00 on a Friday evening. He had 47 reasons we couldn't go. He finally told me at 11:00 he guessed he would take me if I really wanted to go. I told him to just forget it. If I was alive the next morning, I would drive myself.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #4444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hey KCMama! Welcome home. I hope you had a fabulous time at Disneyworld. That's a real bummer that your daughter expected you to start cooking and cleaning the minute you got home. She doesn't realize how exhausting traveling is.
My dh reminded me that on the plus side, they did have the outside Christmas lights on for us. That I also did notice last night. I always get upset because I turn on the lights most evenings so when the kids and dh come home it looks nice and festive but they don't think to do it when I am out and about, so, the fact that they did have them on last night and knew we were coming home meant a lot. Dh also said, that had we come in the front door, instead of through the garage which led into the kitchen then our perception would have been different. He is right, of course! He is home today.
__________________
kcmama is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #4445
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Chewie, sorry to hear about the job deal developments. I think it would be a good idea to not make a hasty decision. They had already approved your time for being off due to surgery, correct? Do you have any insurance through them or is your health insurance through dh? Or do you have to let them know like today?
My time off is approved and I'm done. I don't have to give them a decision until after my week's recovery. I have no insurance or any benefits with them--just some vacation time that I'm using up now.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #4446
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
OMG, my kids loved the I Spy books. We even had the computer games of I Spy. I would think that you can prob buy them for Ipads, Kindles, Nooks nowadays.
I like ISpy books too. LOL My kids and I always compete to find the most stuff.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #4447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I have a pulse ox at home because of some trouble in the past. I had pneumonia and my oxygen level got down to 79. I wanted my husband to take me to the ER around 7:00 on a Friday evening. He had 47 reasons we couldn't go. He finally told me at 11:00 he guessed he would take me if I really wanted to go. I told him to just forget it. If I was alive the next morning, I would drive myself.
Seriously?! Maybe it is different for adults vs kids but I still think that the 70s is probably not a desirable level. If your dh is anything like my dad he would have been going to the doctor with an oxygen level of 95 thinking he was near death's door.....
kcmama is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #4448
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
My dh reminded me that on the plus side, they did have the outside Christmas lights on for us. That I also did notice last night. I always get upset because I turn on the lights most evenings so when the kids and dh come home it looks nice and festive but they don't think to do it when I am out and about, so, the fact that they did have them on last night and knew we were coming home meant a lot. Dh also said, that had we come in the front door, instead of through the garage which led into the kitchen then our perception would have been different. He is right, of course! He is home today.
At least they did that. I always turn on the lights for dh and the kids too.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #4449
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I have a pulse ox at home because of some trouble in the past. I had pneumonia and my oxygen level got down to 79. I wanted my husband to take me to the ER around 7:00 on a Friday evening. He had 47 reasons we couldn't go. He finally told me at 11:00 he guessed he would take me if I really wanted to go. I told him to just forget it. If I was alive the next morning, I would drive myself.
Wow, that's pretty low. Men!!!! Glad you survived.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #4450
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Mona--you are awesome. That is so cool. I know I could not do that now but maybe by next christmas???? LOL
chewiegand is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #4451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
My time off is approved and I'm done. I don't have to give them a decision until after my week's recovery. I have no insurance or any benefits with them--just some vacation time that I'm using up now.
Well, while I don't agree with the way that they handled telling you, I am wondering if they are having financial shortfall and needing to cut back? Could that be the case? I know we have churches here that have closed since the whole 2008-2009 housing debacle because as families were laid off tithing dropped..... are they making other cutbacks as well?
kcmama is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #4452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Mona,

Good for you on the Christmas tree!!! OMG that is such hard work!! I struggle with just cutting branches off some of the trees in my yard! You are amazing!So did you tell dh about the guy complimenting you on your skin?! LOL He may not let you go out alone anymore!You and Melinda.....you have got to keep that sexiness contained more!!
Yes I did, and DH was jealous. hah! Then I told him he was an old man and he didn't need to worry. Next year I'll bet he doesn't let me go alone. Tee Hee!
Mona is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #4453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Mona--you are awesome. That is so cool. I know I could not do that now but maybe by next christmas???? LOL
Chewie after you lose a big chunk of weight you are going to have so much energy!! I mean, gosh I'm still 100 pounds overweight but compared to this time last year I feel like a different person. So did your surgeon clear you for surgery on the 3rd? Excited for you.
Mona is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #4454
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Chewie after you lose a big chunk of weight you are going to have so much energy!! I mean, gosh I'm still 100 pounds overweight but compared to this time last year I feel like a different person. So did your surgeon clear you for surgery on the 3rd? Excited for you.
Yes, I have to be there at 7:30 so surgery is probably at 9.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #4455
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, while I don't agree with the way that they handled telling you, I am wondering if they are having financial shortfall and needing to cut back? Could that be the case? I know we have churches here that have closed since the whole 2008-2009 housing debacle because as families were laid off tithing dropped..... are they making other cutbacks as well?
They have enough but they also have a new pastor and they just bought a parsonage and that is a lot of new debt to pay. Whatever. Even by cutting back on my salary, it's not going to change that much. Kwim?
chewiegand is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #4456
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,347
Gallery: lucky51
When I have been in the hospital, I get oxygen when pulse ox drops below 90.

Chewie, I hope you have peace with your decision. You don't need to be worrying about that, you need to concentrate on healing.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #4457
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,281
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I'm back with a christmas tree!! I cut it down myself. I had to get down on the ground. I tried just on my knees first but I couldn't get enough leverage so I sat down on my butt on the wet ground. Got it cut and dragged it back on the soft ground to my truck. It's a 6 foot douglass fir and it was only $18 bucks. I was feeling generous so I gave him a 20 and told him to keep the change. He kept telling my how lovely my skin was. tee hee.

So it's in the house now. DH helped me set it up in the stand. Lets just say it didn't look so big in the great outdoors. My goodness it looks so HUGE! The cats are exploring now. I'm so excited.
WHOOHOO!! now get a small sqirt bottle full of water to train them to leave it alone LOL
debkeversole is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #4458
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,281
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Welcome home kc! i might have had a few choice words to say about the dinner and clean up if it was me!
i am glad you had a great trip did you ever get to see Eeyore???
debkeversole is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #4459
Big Yapper!!!!
 
CinnamonSpice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,521
Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Welcome back Kc...loved seeing your pictures via Lony.

Mona...lol...I am picturing you with the tree...good for you!
CinnamonSpice is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #4460
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,281
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
can you believe it is already Decemer??

LOL 3 weeks until the end of the calendar!

300+ Support Group~Decking the Halls in December 2012

Last edited by debkeversole; 11-30-2012 at 03:13 PM..
debkeversole is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #4461
Big Yapper!!!!
 
CinnamonSpice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,521
Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Good luck to you, Chewie...will be thinking of you..wishing you the very best..
CinnamonSpice is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #4462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Welcome home kc! i might have had a few choice words to say about the dinner and clean up if it was me!
i am glad you had a great trip did you ever get to see Eeyore???
Deb, not a single Eeyore sighting!!! Youngest asked for a new pillow pet for Christmas as her other is getting worn out. So I saw some Disney characters ones first at Animal Kingdom. I didn't know they had them. So, I snapped a photo and sent it to her email to see if she might want a Disney pillow pet. She thought they were cute and asked if I could get her Eeyore. They were out of Eeyore everywhere wouldn't you know? I ended up bringing her a Tigger one. He is nice and soft. We looked at Animal Kingdom, The largest store in Downtown Disney, then at Hollywood Studios, and a couple of the resort stores. Was going to check online and dh said just go ahead and buy Tigger instead. So, there you go.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 02:26 AM   #4463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello friends...happy weekend!

I got some really good sleep. Woke up without a backache for a change. So far today I have cooked DH and I a meal (french toast with some bread from the freezer and sausage). Got the turkey bones into a pot to make stock. It smells so good! Ran a load of dishes. Baked a frozen dutch apple pie that was supposed to be for Thanksgiving but never got around to it + too much food! I was going to start decorating the tree but my hip is really hurting when I walk so I need to sit and relax. I'll see how it goes. Had a small piece of pie and now I'm having some iced coffee.

What does everyone have going on for the weekend?

Last edited by Mona; 12-01-2012 at 02:28 AM..
Mona is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #4464
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Pssst, Mona we are in the December room
Lony is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.