Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iminit4me
Stats: 315/258/140
WOE: Atkins NANY/Exercise
Start Date: May 2010
I'm sure you're in everyone's prayers Teresa! By now, it's all over and you're already recovering. You're so lucky to have your Mom with you. Wishing you all the best and, like Liz said, were waiting impatiently for you to check back in...and of course for the pictures!!! (But we'll wait until you're beautiful again.)
Gotta run now. I'll be back tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Prayers are with you Teresa,just waiting to hear that you are recovering.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:27 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning ladies---thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!!

I actually got to come home last night! Yay, cause I hate staying at the surgery center. The surgery apparently went really well....I have no clue because my head is completely wrapped up---I look like some kind of freaky martian or something! I'll have to take a pic for you guys. I have an appt at 4pm today where they'll remove all this stuff and then I'll get the 'jaw bra' I believe. That will be nice because I seriously can't touch any of my head so if something itches (like my ear) I can't even touch it which is driving me crazy. Some pain and discomfort but not horrible. Unfortunately sleeping was pretty much out of the question because I couldn't find a comfortable position but I'm hoping that will be better once all these bandages are off---it's really on thick in some areas and I think that is making even more uncomfortable.

OK---now for the bad news. So after surgery I had a hard time seeing---very blurry vision and just weird. As the pain/numbing meds wore off my eyes starting burning horribly. I was supposed to leave at 3pm but ended up there until after 6pm trying to get this settled down. I will have to say that of all the pain I have had with surgeries---this was the worst---and it wasn't even my eyes that I had work done on. Apparently they put in some kind of contact like things into your eyes when they do face work so they protect your eyes in case any of the instruments would fall on/in them. Well---I don't know if they were defective or what but it appears that they scratched the heck out of my corneas. I had tears just rolling down my eyes like a water fountain and I couldn't see at all---it was terrifying. They tried various things and everything made it worse. At one point my nose was completely plugged up and I was having a hard time breathing and started to hyperventilate---or at least I think that's what it was, I've never done that before. Then I started seeing black swirling things when I shut my eyes and thought I was gonna pass out. Seriously, I could go on and on about the hell that 2-3 hours was. Once I got calmed down and the pain was more manageable we decided I might as well go home as I was going to be uncomfortable anywhere I went. Dr called in a script for me, it's an antibiotic/steriod cream that you put on your eye balls. 150 bucks and for some reason my insurance wouldn't cover it (need to call them today and find out why) but I tell you what---it was worth every penny (that my mom paid for it! ) because I can now see and I am not in constant pain. Wow----that was a long ramble and not sure what all I said but suffice it to say it was horrible and I'm going to check with the Dr this afternoon to see what he thinks caused it. If there is any chance there was something wrong with the things they put in my eyes I am totally suing the manufacturer---and I've never sued nor even thought of suing anyone in my life but that was the most awful thing I have ever experienced and certainly not something I should have had to deal with while going through an already painful ordeal. OK---enough ranting!

OK---well hopefully I will like the results when I see them this afternoon. I know I will be swollen but I should be able to get an idea of what it's going to look like, I would think. This eye thing has been the primary focus since getting out of surgery so I honestly haven't had much time to think about the actual surgery!

Hope you all have a nice day---and come entertain me---I'm gonna be bored!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
I just have a minute to post. I'm meeting some friends for a birthday celebration at an italian restaurant. It looks like a cool place but I'm having a tough time trying to figure out anything lower carb.
The only thing I see is a caesar salad or maybe a bread less sandwich.
The chef has been on food network and makes all of his pasta fresh daily.
I'm tempted to do pasta I don't think I've ever tried fresh pasta.
Here is the lunch menu:
Cafe Fontana – Memphis Tennessee Restaurant – Italian Restaurants – Fine Dining – Bistro – Lunch Menu

TERESA..... Thanks for reporting in so early!

I'm glad your surgery is OVER! :jump joy:

How scary on the eye issue! I'm so glad that the meds. seem to be resolving the issue. I hope you get insurance coverage.
Let us know what the doctor says. So sorry you had to deal with that.

Please check in again if you get a chance.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Wonderful news, Teresa! So sorry for all the misery you had to endure, but you must be so happy to be seeing clearly again. I can just imagine you were scared out of your wits. I remember getting an infection from my contacts once and it is very scary thinking about not being able to see. I would definitely be getting to the root of that problem, especially to make sure that it never happens to anyone else. Of course, getting your surgery paid for would be a nice bonus. Best of luck for a quick recovery and prayers that everything goes well. Your Mom sounds like a real doll. So glad she's there for you.

Here's some good news I found on a link from the msn home page. It linked to fitbie -

Weight Loss Boosters

Turns out Dr. Atkins was on to something: According to a recent study, if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you’ve got to pile your plate with protein. (After all this time, they just figured that out!!)

For the trial, Harvard researchers put pre-obese people (they had just lost 10-15 percent of their body weight) on three different diets—a low-fat, high-carb diet; a low-glycemic diet with fewer carbs; and a high-protein, high-fat, Atkins-style diet. Each participant ate the same number of calories on each diet, yet at the end of the study, they found that people burned the most calories at rest while on the Atkins diet. The low-fat, high-carb diet produced the worst effects, triggering changes "that would predict weight gain," noted the authors.

Do we need any more evidence that we're doing the right thing? What I have to focus on now is making sure I don't consume too many calories and I think I'm really good in that area - except when the cocktails roll around. So I'm trying to drink water only or water mixed with Crystal Light type mixes (cheaper versions), but mostly plain water. I still have my one-two cups of coffee in the morning with a splash of unsweetened almond milk. It's killing me to stay off the scale, but I'm waiting until Monday morning. Everyone have a super day.
P.S. Liz - Fresh pasta is the bomb, but I haven't had any in a long, long time. Last time I ate it was with a three-pepper saute in olive oil with Parmesan. I don't think I'll ever forget that flavor. Don't mean to tempt you, but you could try a bite of someone else's dish. It might be worth it, plus you wouldn't have to eat an entire plate. Good luck!

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
- Thomas A. Edison
Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to see your post Teresa,sorry you had that awful issue with your eyes.I'm still praying your recovery will be a fast and painless one.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Today was the first day of school for my 7th grader. He and his friend missed the bus. Apparently school is starting earlier this year. Thank goodness I was around to get them to school.

Catching up on posts, same old, same old on my end. Nothing new to report.

Teresa, sorry to hear about your experience. Hope all is well now and you are recovering nicely.

Liz, splurge and try the fresh pasta, once in a while isn't going to hurt. Just don't make it a regular thing.

Cyndy, it's about time credit is being given to Atkins. Thanks for sharing.

Winnifred, glad to see you.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

I decided to just get a caesar salad with chicken yesterday at the restaurant. I'm glad I decided not to get the pasta. My friends ordered pasta and neither one seemed too impressed. Honestly, I've never regretted passing up on food. My regrets are always about eating something off plan and jumping off the wagon. I decided that it wasn't worth it to me. I can always try homemade pasta later when I'm more comfy with my weight and I feel more in control of my eating.

I made the carrot cake and now need to make another one. DH didn't know that BOTH cakes were not for him I had already cut his. He saw a pretty one with icing and decided to help himself. He was more upset that I was. He said, "why didn't you tell me it was for someone?"

CYNDY....
WTG for sticking to water for drinking! Good luck on your weigh in on Monday! That pasta dish you described sounds amazing!

TERESA how are you doing? Is your eye ok?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Peeking in to see if Teresa has posted

TERESA...hope you're doing well

Yesterday I went with DH to play tennis. I saw an older lady (maybe 70) get out and play tennis with her son. :jump joy: I was really impressed until the lady fell HARD and hit her head I ran over and played nurse bossy pants. She was getting a knot on her head I helped her up and tried to get her to go to the ER. She stayed and continued to play for a few more minutes before leaving. She said, "I was trying not to hit my knees because I had surgery on both 5 weeks ago". She seemed glad to have hit her head instead of her knees. I hope she is ok
Old 08-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies--I'm here! Just sore and groggy. Eyes are much much better. Head is still pretty sore and swollen. Can't tell if I will like the results or not---I don't feel like I look like me at this point so it's kind of weird. I'll be able to tell better I guess once most of the swelling is down. Right now I think I look a bit like ET---I've very broad/swollen across the eye area and then it comes down to a little chin.

Gonna go lay down again, hope you are all having a great day/week!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Hi Teresa - So glad your eyes are okay. I'm sure you were prepared for a little recovery time. Just take it easy. It will all be worth it. Happy to see you have a sense of humor about it - i.e. ET.

Things are well here. As you can see, I changed my sig to reflect a brand new attitude. Company will be gone tomorrow and I'm never going to let all the hoopla get me off track with my exercise again. The pic is our beautiful AuSable River and I'm going to see it every day to remind me that I want to drive out there and do the 256 steps down and up its banks at least once a week. I'm sure my sister and niece will go with me to make sure I have some competition racing back up to the top. That ought to get me some results, eh? And no more slacking on the walking. We had a lot of rain this week, so I didn't even ride my bike to work and didn't walk even once. I think that might be why I didn't sleep very well - only about 4 hours a night and that was fitful. Back on track now. One more get together tonight and then SO's brother and SIL are gone back to Texas and Cyndy is back on the straight and narrow.

Have a super weekend everyone and I'll be back on Monday, hopefully with some great WL news!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Totally binged my brains out today, now just want to crawl in a corner and die. Just getting it out there so maybe I can stop and not make it any worse. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Totally binged my brains out today, now just want to crawl in a corner and die. Just getting it out there so maybe I can stop and not make it any worse. Thanks for listening.
Been there, done that. Glad you are being accountable.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I may not be posting this weekend. Our realtor just called us re. a leak in our basement (house for sale in Birmingham, AL) We think it is from the a/c but will probably need to drive 5 hours each way just to check. The worst part is if we need a repair. I'll have to sit in an empty house waiting on someone.

i will check in via my phone for Teresa updates

TERESA.... I'm glad your eyes are better. Hope you're feeling less sore and groggy.

CYNDY.... great sig line! Love the river pix in your avatar.

QUIETNITE..... hugs to you. I've been there many times. Kudos to you for coming here to be accountable.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello and Happy Friday! It's so weird being off work because every day seems like it's Sat or Sun to me!

Liz---glad you enjoyed your lunch out. Pasta is rarely ever worth it to me. I like a bite or two but after that it's just not all that appealing to me. How scary about that lady falling---good thing nurse bossy pants was there!!

Quote:
i will check in via my phone for Teresa updates
ahhhh, how sweet. Now I'm going to have to try to make my Teresa updates entertaining! Hope the leak is nothing but that sure stinks that you're going to have to do all that driving to go find out.

Cyndy---interesting on the Weight Loss Boosters. I definitely believe it's true---all that insulin we stir up with lots of carbs, especially when eating low fat, can't be good for weight loss or for our 'systems' in general. Hope you have a spectacular weigh in on Monday!! Love your new avi--and what a great new goal to work towards!

Vicki---yeah, a lot of schools seemed to start early this year. I have some staff whose kids started last week and the rest of them are starting this coming week. When do you go back to work?

Quietnite---yep, been there, done that.....many many times. It sucks and it's scary. My best advice---don't try to restrict after a binge. Just go right back to eating in a healthy manner. Were you doing any restricting prior to the binge? Lots of stress or emotional stuff going on? You don't have to answer any of that if you don't want to but I always try to get an idea of what may have set me off so that I'm better prepared the next time.

Winifred---thank you for the prayers.

Well, my face still looks weird and very swollen----and the new addition today, 2 black eyes! I've never had black eyes before so this is quite interesting. Actually right now they are just swollen and purplish---guessing they will be black tomorrow. I'm using arnica gel on them with hopes it will keep them from getting too bad. The 'jaw bra' is quite the treat---NOT! It smashes my ears down and my ears are already sore as there are incisions in both the front and back of them. Good news is I get to ditch the jaw bra on Sunday! I don't even have to wear it at night if I don't want to but I suspect I will at least until Weds when all the sutures come out. I went to the store today (without the jaw bra) because I couldn't handle hiding out inside for a minute longer however I looked very freaky and made it a very quick trip in fear of running into someone. Now with the black eyes I'm pretty sure I won't be going out again for a few more days. I might try to get walks in during the very early morning hours when no one is around though because seriously I don't do well with being cooped up!

In between laying around and doing nothing I have been doing a lot of baking. My mom left today so I sent most of it with her because I can't even eat any of it yet. I did make cc muffins and pumpkin gooey cake (minus the crust) and those things are working OK. I've mostly been eating a lot of Greek yogurt with pb and ice cream. The first couple of days I was hungry non-stop so I just kept eating and eating. Today the hunger seems to be mostly back to normal but I'm pretty sure if I could eat something solid I would feel much better. Not sure how long it will be until I can....hopefully soon!

OK--time to go lay down again. I'm getting little to no sleep, even with taking the pain pills and muscle relaxers right before bed---so I try to at least lay down for awhile several times a day so I can get some rest.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

This recipe looks gooooood! Probably cause I just want some meat. You can lower the carbs by making homemade mushroom soup--very easy. I'm pretty sure Linda Sue has a recipe for it but I just take a can of mushrooms and some cream/half n half/milk and blend it together (add some spices if you want).

Angel Chicken
2 tablespoons butter
1 package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 (10.75 ounce) can golden mushroom soup
1 container chive and onion cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Melt the butter over medium heat, and stir in the salad dressing mix, mushroom soup, cream cheese, and broth until hot, smooth and well combined. Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of a slow cooker, and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on Low about 5-6 hours.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! I actually got a few hours of sleep last night so I'm hopeful that in the next few days I can get back to some 'normal' sleep!

I think I may escape the black eyes....maybe. Still big and swollen but they went from a darker purple/red to now a lighter purplish color. My entire neck is a lovely shade of greenish blue. I do think the arnica is working well because my Dr said it would turn black/blue and would spread downward---it has spread down a bit but it seemed to skip the black/blue phase!!

Soooo wanting to get out and do some stuff today but I'll restrain myself until Monday when I don't have to wear the 'bra' anymore. I am going to go take a little stroll as soon as the sun comes up. Anyone else notice that suddenly it's getting darker earlier and staying dark later? I'm worried that after the horrible summer we've had that fall might be even worse....hope not!

Plans for today---clean out the closets in both my bedrooms. I have tons of clothes/shoes that could be taken to Good Will and/or consignment shops so I want to get those things ready. Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend?
Old 08-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

We rode bikes around a lake for close to an hour today. That was kind of fun. I wasn't in the mood to fight the Whole Foods crowd so we turned around and left. Nothing else new to report. Officially back to work on Monday but I don't start teaching until the 30th.

I have some arnica but haven't had to use it yet. It sounds like it is working well for you Teresa. Have fun cleaning closets, and yes, it is getting darker earlier all of a sudden.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Vicki! A bike ride sounds lovely right about now. The weather is definitely perfect for it.

Yes, the arnica is working great. I seem to have by passed the black eyes and now they are just a bit swollen and a little discolored (light reddish) underneath my eyes.

So did you check out the new Hy Vee yet? I'm thinking I will do that and WF's early tomorrow morning. I definitely have to get out of this apt soon---I'm going crazy. I can't wait until Weds when the sutures are supposed to come out---I suspect the healing will happen much quicker at that point plus it's hard to sleep with a bunch of staples or whatever they are around my ears and on part of the back of my head/neck!

Cleaning/organizing is not going as fast as I hoped. I definitely get tired really easy and dizzy...they warned me not to bend over so for the most part I don't but even just squating down OR being on my tippy toes and I find myself getting a bit light headed. So I'm just doing little things right now in short spurts. If I can keep it up all week I still should be able to make a major dent in things so that would be great.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Geesh, didn't even think about checking out the Hyvee yesterday.

All time high weight in a very long time 242.2 EGAD Time to get serious folks.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,Glad you posted the recipe thanks sounds good,I will try it.
Had a nice weekend helping at the church with food ministry,I enjoy it so much just being able to help serve.Watched extreme weight loss tonight it really motatvates me.I know I can't lose 287 in a year like he did but I can try to do my best.Just trying to get some of this fluid off ,my legs were swollen when i went to doc weds.He said I still have fluid around the heart.Sometimes I do have discomfort in my chest but know pressure and I'm thinking now some discomfort might be acid reflux or the hernia.I have the measuring cup out we are making sure I get 1cup of veggies.I just got to stick with this and lose,my last hope.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Winifred. I also need to refocus and get the scale moving again. 250s by Labor Day! I've just got to do it. I'm getting ashamed of myself. How long can you say you're trying to lose weight before people start asking "Then why don't you?" Rode my bike to work this morning and am walking tonight with my sister. I need to start doing that every single day!!

Teresa - So glad to hear you're doing so well. Don't push your luck with trying to do too much. Sounds like you have a handle on it. Can't wait to see the before and after pics. When I saw your other picture, it didn't even look to me like you needed surgery at all, but then it wasn't a closeup. I'm sure you wouldn't have gone through all this if it wasn't necessary. Glad your eyes are clearing up so well.

Quietnite - We've all done it. Follow everyone's advice. It's over. Move on. You'll be fine. Of course, it's always good to figure out why it happened and try to not let it happen again. We're all here for you if you want to vent.

Liz - Sorry about the house news. We're trying to sell our folks' house and couldn't figure out why it seems to smell musty. Checked out the "Michigan" basement and found that's where Dad stored all the old bottles we dug up at dump sites when we were kids (weird way to keep us entertained, eh?). So now we're hauling box after box up out of there and it is a royal pain. Some are full of water and dirt and we think that's where the mustiness is coming from. Hope yours is a simple problem. At least ours is in the same town.

Vicki - I'm with you. Time to get real serious. Let's do this - and then keep on doing this!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning ladies! Sorry I didn't make it here yesterday---I was the queen of productivity ...in between spurts of just vegging out! I have a ton of energy/motivation right now but my body can't quite keep up so I'm trying not to push it too hard. Started on the closet reorg and that has turned into a full house reorg!! Probably why I rarely do a lot of deep cleaning/organizing because this is what tends to happen and then once I get into it I don't finish it...and end up with a more disorganized mess---which is what I'm dealing with now! This time though---I'm getting it done!!

Vicki---I didn't make it to the new HyVee the other day either. I'm thinking I might go yet today, depends on how involved I get in organizing and if I want to take a break or not. Definitely before the week/weekend is over I'll be checking it out.

So what is your plan for getting serious? Whatever it is, I hope it is going well!

Winifred---let me know if you try that recipe---it definitely looks great! I think it will be a bit longer before I can eat any meat...but as soon as I can I want to try either that recipe or the chicken lazone one I posted a few days ago. Although I also really want a burger or steak on the gill.....hmmmm, decisions, decisions!!

I've been trying to get caught up on the Extreme Weight loss shows---they have them on 'demand' on my cable. Haven't watched that one yet. I like them much better than the Biggest Loser although still quite unrealistic for the average person. I know for me I couldn't think of the whole goal---that contributed to many failures for me. This time around my only goal was to get under 300---I knew that I felt much better there so that was all I was shooting for. When I got there my next goal was 275 because I had a lot of clothes that would fit and/or fit better at that weight. Basically after I got down each 'chunk' I aimed for a new goal but never one that had anything to do with the whole amount---that was just too much to even dream about after years and years of 'failing.' It wasn't until I got into the low 200's that I even allowed myself to hope that a normal weight was possible for me. Anyway, all I know is that for me I couldn't even conceive of the whole big picture---just one step at a time!

Cyndy--don't be ashamed! Really---ups, downs or stay the same, there are valuable lessons in all of it if we are really honest with ourselves and spend some time really understanding where we are and what we really need. So why 250 by Labor Day? Do you have big plans for that holiday?

Liz---how did things go with your house? Hopefully you are not still sitting there waiting for someone to come fix something!

Off to do some more laundry. I think I did 8 loads yesterday. About half was my normal stuff that had piled up a little---the other half was stuff to take to Good Will and stuff from my linen closet---I pulled everything out of there and am washing it all! So I have several more loads of the linen closet stuff to do---then a trip to the laundramat to do a couple of big comforters. My goal today is to get that all done and the closet put together in a more organized fashion.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

WOW Teresa! You're rockin' it for just having surgery. Glad you're able to move around so well and that it doesn't cause a headache or other pains. Nothing special going on for Labor Day. I just chose that holiday to try and reach the 250s on a different challenge thread. Then I thought I could make it to the 240s by my birthday in October. Really trying to get closer to 200 than 300 and would like to be in "new" clothes for Christmas - truly new and not ones I've shrunk back into. Did all my exercises and ate clean yesterday and doing well today too. Hope you are doing the same. Remember to take it a little easy!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Hump Day!!

Cyndy--yeah, this energy spurt is crazy but I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts without pushing it too far! I got everything accomplished yesterday that I planned except getting to the laundromat so I'll do that later this week.

Gotcha on the 250's goal. I think you can totally do it and we'll be cheering you on!!

Getting ready to go to Dr appt. Hoping that all the stitches and sutures come out today! Face is looking much better and less ET like! Still have a ways to go but I feel like the outcome will be good.

After my appt I have a few errands and then heading out of town to meet my mom about an hour away for an overnight at a casino. Hoping to hit an outlet mall that's about an hour away from there but not sure if we'll get that fit in or not. Mostly excited to just veg and build my energy back up so when I come back I am refreshed and ready to get some more organizing done before heading back to work next week. Just realized that I will go back to work for a week then have a long weekend (Labor Day)---yay!!

Be back sometime tomorrow. Everyone needs to come check in!!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey ladies,

Quick drive thru to say hello!
I'm going to the casinos in Tunica for the first time since I moved here:jump joy: Watch out Tunica ....big roller is coming to town with her bucket of pennies! I might get crazy and do 5 pennies at once

TERESA....I'm so glad you're doing well
Old 08-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 2 of being on plan. Meat and veggies primarily.

I went to an info session about a doc from our local area about a plan he devised based on several eating plans: Dukan, New Atkins, South Beach etc. All protein for 5 days, the alternating protein day with protein and veggies. Oh and fiber before meals (psyllium) plus 2 TBSP oat bran; dairy is allowed as long as it isn't any higher than 2% No butter or oil except small amounts of olive. Then 3rd phase is adding small amnts of frt.

I haven't ever been too successful with all protein days.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I see we have all been very talkative!

Liz---hope you have a blast and win some serious moolah!! All I played was pennies but I lost a ton doing that yesterday. Today however I think I won pretty much all of it back (also on penny machines) plus maybe a few bucks....hard to keep track of what I spent on gambling and what I spent on other things but overall I did very well and had a lot of fun!

Vicki---woohooo on day two!!! I would have a hard time with all protein too....but if you think this is the plan for you or just something that is worth a try--then why not? After the first day or two if you realize it's not for you then you can stop. Just make sure to have a back up plan because if you're like me my 'flops' when trying different things can sometimes turn into binges.

I made it to the new HyVee yesterday on my way out of town. Had to fill a new script for yet another antibiotic so I decided to get it there. During the 15 min wait for the script I did not even get around half of the store so I will definitely be going back soon--can't wait!

Lots of stuff I want to get accomplished tomorrow.....I know I won't get it all done so I'm going to work on a list in the morning and figure out a plan for the weekend so I can get some more stuff done but also have some time for fun before going back to work!

OH---and the best news---I can now eat lots of different foods!! Anything hard or chewy, no, but really I ate 3 buffets in the last 24 hours and I tried pretty much everything (minus white sugar items of course ) and was shocked that I could eat more than just 'soft' foods....and sooooo happy!! I never thought I would say that I was on the verge of getting sick of Greek yogurt and pb, but I was almost there. That, ice cream, strawberry sorbet, cut up bananas and hard boiled eggs cut up and warmed up with butter on them were the mainstays of my diet for the last week---and cauli/potato soup with tons of sour cream. I was definitely getting bored, and bored is really a set up for me so I'm glad I don't have to eat boring anymore. I probably gained 5 lbs in the last 24 hours but everything tasted so good I had a hard time getting enough! Oh well, I don't care, it just felt good to be eating normally again!! I did manage to work it out so I didn't eat until I was hungry.....but I definitely ate beyond satisfied.

Well ladies, off to bed. Hope you all have a great Friday!

Last edited by Teresa123; 08-23-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old 08-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Doing some 'couponing' this morning before I take off to do errands. Saw some low carb stuff that might be of interest. I use The Krazy Coupon Lady site (thanks to Winifred!) and saw coupons for Atkins stuff, Flat Out Wraps, Zevia, some for meat and cheese....and a few other things I can't remember! Thought I'd mention them as it says that the Flat Out coupon is a rare one so if you like them---check it out!

I'm still trying to figure out my 'to do' list for the day. But since I can't get a full plan put together I just have a plan for the morning and will figure out the rest later!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA. I've had a few busy days. I won $36 playing on the penny slots! WOOT!!!

Yesterday I went to a birthday celebration at an amazing restaurant. I tried elk and bison for the first time. I also had a small portion of boursin stuffed filet. It was very tasty. I also had some champagne and was all giggly after 1/2 glass.

VICKI...WTG for being on plan! How is it going? Does the fiber help you feel full?

TERESA...
It was a leak from the a/c on the 3rd floor Have to get more extensive repairs done. Hopefully it will be covered by our home warranty company (american home shield):sprayer:

thanks for the info on the coupons!
YAY for winning at the casino!
I'm glad you're back to eating different types of foods.

How is the recovery going? Is the swelling down? Is the outcome becoming more apparent? I'm excited for you!

CYNDY...KUTGW of being on plan and exercising!
Quote:
Liz - Sorry about the house news. We're trying to sell our folks' house and couldn't figure out why it seems to smell musty. Checked out the "Michigan" basement and found that's where Dad stored all the old bottles we dug up at dump sites when we were kids (weird way to keep us entertained, eh?). So now we're hauling box after box up out of there and it is a royal pain. Some are full of water and dirt and we think that's where the mustiness is coming from. Hope yours is a simple problem. At least ours is in the same town.
Sorry you're having to deal with that. Good luck on getting a quick sale
Closed Thread