Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Liz---my mom is coming Friday and will probably stay about a week---depending on how surgery goes. I know it will be fine but last time the day she left is when I started to feel so horrible (the infection) and she felt so bad that she wasn't here to 'take care of me' so this time she's just going to play it by ear.

Hope you have a great weekend with DH! Did you get on that treadmill??

Vicki---did you come to the FM down here? I didn't go because I was pretty sure it was going to storm---ends up I could have got there and back before it hit but that's OK, I plan on taking my mom next weekend. I didn't realize you didn't have a garden....yeah, that probably wouldn't be as cost effective then.

I have soooooo much to get done tomorrow that I don't even know where to start! Actually, I guess I should start with getting to bed pretty soon so I can get a decent night of sleep so I have energy to get it all done!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

I've been 'up and at um' since 5am and still have tons of stuff to do! Planning to grill out with neighbors later today so made a pasta salad (bacon/ranch/sundried tomato---think this might also be good for a cauli salad maybe) and dessert. Everything else we will do on the grill...well except the strawberry magaritas! It's funny I only drink maybe 2-3 times a year but I always want a drink before surgery....but I can't have any alcohol a week before and I think a couple weeks after so this time I'm going to get one in before the 1 week mark.

Oh---and on a final note....Chloe loves bacon!! She really has very interesting taste buds!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Teresa, Yes, the DM farmer's market. All we had left to get were some melons before the storm hit. Oh well. The cauli salad I made included sun dried tomatoes and kalamri olive. Bacon could easily have been added, I just didn't have any.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---you know, one of these days when you are down here we need to meet up!!

Just got back from another trip to WF. I had tons of coupons and one of the guys working in the store gave me a coupon for $5.00 off of $25.00 so I made out pretty good. I just love that place! Bad thing is I'm in 'nesting' mode....I always am prior to surgery and I buy all kinds of comfort/junky food and of course they are just the place to provide all kinds of that stuff! I'm kind of hoping that I can't chew for a few days after surgery, that should keep the junk to a minimum. I did stock up on tons of Greek yogurt this weekend so if nothing else I should be able to eat that.

Getting ready to grill in about an hour....and I'm not at all hungry. Not quite sure what to do about that since I'm hosting the cook out...might look a bit strange if I don't eat any of it. Oh well, I'll figure something out....

Liz---I looked for that raw gogi bar but didn't find it. Doesn't mean it wasn't there though---they don't put all 'like' things in the same place as they have little displays all over so who knows. Also it was very crowded. Do you remember what the brand name of it was? I saw quite a few that were 'raw' or 'alive' but not those flavors. I did buy a couple of other bars that look really good---one of them is local so not sure if you will have them or not---called Kit's Organics. Also got a Mojo Cliff bar---the ingredients looked pretty good in both. Actually the Kit's ones look a lot like Lara bars--just a few ingredients and mostly dried fruits and nuts. Did you know that they do a 'case' discount on things? The number that you need to buy varies depending on the item but for Zevia it was of course 24 cans (4 six packs). See...I tell ya I'm stocking up as if the end of the world is coming or something! But it was nice to get another 10% off on top of it being on sale and I had coupons.

I tried the golden berries today--pretty tasty but for 10 bucks for an 8oz bag (13 bucks at WF) I wouldn't buy them again. My mom will probably love them though so it will be worth it for a little splurge for her and if nothing else I love to try new things. Now---if they were half the price I would definitely buy them again.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi Jamie good job on your weight loss.It was quiet this weekend.Teresa its good your Mom will be there with you again.We just mostly stayed at home and relaxed.I fixed a pork butt in crockpot,made a dozen of deviled eggs with shredded cheese in them,i found a recipe with bacon and shredded cheese added to the yolks,we enjoyed them my son and dh said they taste like pimento cheese, i fixed candied yams and had some canned spinach.I did eat 2 or 3 of the yam slices,but i'm still staying away from that stuff,sweets and starches i don't want to start hurting again with inflammation.My middle son Eddie went to clearwater,florida to take his cousin home and visit my oldest son Corey who lives there.Thats where i'm orginally from,i came to alabama 32 years ago with my two youngest boys father.I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hey everybody!

I started off my day with chicken breast. I still feel stuffed at lunch time!

I had a good weekend. We went out to eat Sat. night and I was able to get a filet without the stuffing. It was amazing! I drank way too much diet coke and was buzzing around my house at 2am:jump joy: I did pass up appetizers, wine and dessert
Yesterday we went out to eat again at a sushi buffet I love sushi but I stuck with sashimi (raw fish). They have an amazing variety of raw fish/seafood. I never thought I would EVER eat raw fish! How my taste buds have grown.

WINIFRED.... I Florida! I've never been to Clearwater. I had to look it up on a map Right on the ocean? I bet you were able to get some good seafood there.
Your deviled eggs sound very delicious. I don't think I've ever added shredded cheese & bacon to deviled eggs. I have done a caesar deviled egg....with caesar drsg. and shredded parmesan cheese. I have also done a ranch egg with ranch dressing (instead of mayo) and bacon crumbles.

WTG for staying away foods that will make the inflammation worse!
I hope you're feeling better

TERESA...... I'm SO jealous that you and Vicki live close to each other!!! I hope you do get a chance to meet! AND I'm still wanting to meet!

I thought you would like WF! Very cool that you got a $5 off of $25! Did you have to flirt for the coupon? I've never been given a coupon like that and I've been going to WF for years:noteworthy: haha

I did know about the case discount, thanks. I forgot to mention it because it has been quite some time since I used it. I thought it was 15% off? Maybe it changed. You can get a good deal on almond milk or coconut milk when it goes on sale, has coupons and use a case discount. I used to stock up. A case was 12. Some things that I use, like canned tuna, takes 48 to make a case.

The raw energy goji cacao bars are in the bulk bins. You can just buy 1 or 2 little bars to try them. They are really small. Maybe your store doesn't have them.

I'm glad that your Mom will be there visiting!

How'd your cookout go? Did you end up eating your grilled foods? I know my hunger would find me when cooking yummy foods! How'd the frozen margaritas turn out?

Yes, I did finally get on the treadmill! :jump joy: Unfortunately I didn't stay on it for very long. Someone was ringing my doorbell and I had to run to answer it. I have got to get back into daily exercise

VICKI.... do you rice your cauli. for the salad or just cut into chunks?
Are you enjoying your iPad?
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, I cut the cauli into chunks.

how do you fix your chicken breast that you eat in the morning, any particular way to breakfastize it?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Liz, I cut the cauli into chunks.

how do you fix your chicken breast that you eat in the morning, any particular way to breakfastize it?
I like the word "breakfastize"...haha

I don't try to flavor it up. I just eat it plain. Either baked in the oven or sautéed in a pan. For some reason the plain chicken breast, without added sauces, cheese, etc. seems to work best for me to quell my hunger.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

I went clothes shopping today for the conference and something to wear when I start back to work. What a drag and depressing sight. GAG So, I bought junk at Wmart and grocery store and shoved it down my throat.

Last edited by vli1127; 08-06-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki--- Hang in there--the answer is out there....or in there!

Liz---cookout was great! I ate and drank even though I still wasn't hungry but everything was sooo good!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend with DH!

Ohhhhh, I thought the bars were like ind. wrapped bars....so are they like chunks? If so, I think I know what you mean and I'll have to check that out. No--no flirting with the guy, but he was very sweet to me. And once again, probably 10-15 years younger than me.

Winifred---those eggs sound good! I've seen recipes for adding various things to the yolk mix but I always make them plain...maybe I need to get adventurous next time!

OK, I have a cat laying on top of my hand that is on the mouse so I am trying to do this one handed....not working too well and he gets ticked everytime I try to move my hand! Better go give the monster a little lovin.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I went clothes shopping today for the conference and something to wear when I start back to work. What a drag and depressing sight. GAG So, I bought junk at Wmart and grocery store and shoved it down my throat.
I feel your pain. Been there, done that. I'm sorry you had a painful shopping trip.

Hate is not a word I used very often. But I HATE.HATE.HATE. dressing rooms with a zillion mirrors and INTENSE lighting.

I think stores would do better to have a candle lit dressing room, maybe some wine?, and a "skinny" mirror.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iminit4me
Stats: 315/258/140
WOE: Atkins NANY/Exercise
Start Date: May 2010
You guys are all too funny. I love the dressing room idea. I hate how I look in those mirrors. Guess they're just too honest - brutally honest. And you guys are skinny minnies compared to me. But I'll catch up to you one day. I just hope my skin isn't hanging down all over the place. Good luck with your surgery Teresa. I'll keep you in my prayers...NO infections this time. Vicki - don't let the stupid clothes get to you. I'm sure you look much better than you think. We are our own worst judges. Don't be so hard on yourself. And you won't find the answer on the grocery shelf. Stay strong. You're doing great!! I personally will be thrilled to death when I'm closer to 200 than 300. Winifred and Liz - Nice to hear from you guys too! Gotta run for now. Almost time to get out of this place and get some REAL work done. See you soon!

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
- Thomas A. Edison
Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a good morning. Went to return some curtains and ended up buying some fun earrings that were on sale. Got up to the register and the $5 earrings rang up as $1! WOOHOO!
the best thing about earrings....they always fit!

TERESA....
Quote:
No--no flirting with the guy, but he was very sweet to me. And once again, probably 10-15 years younger than me.
rarrrwwwrrrr ....GO COUGAR! I think your nickname should be cougar! hahahaha
I'm glad you enjoyed the cookout.

CYNDY.... I like your positive attitude!

Quote:
But I'll catch up to you one day.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Evening ladies.

Cyndy---thanks for the prayers ---and yes, NO infections this time! So have you started using the food scale and implementing your new plan yet? How's it going?

Liz---NOOOOOOOO, no cougar. That was the deal breaker last time...not gonna do it. I think all the decent guys my age are already taken....maybe by the time I'm 80 or so there will be a nice widower I can hook up with. <<<<<oh my gosh I just found my all time favorite smiley!!! Why is he on the 'more' page---he should be right on top of list!

Great job on the earrings---I love deals!!

Just did my little workout---trying to work out the arm/shoulder area and I am so out of shape! Last week I only did it twice because I was so sore...this week I'm shooting for 3x!

Appt with surgeon tomorrow. I've been realizing that I have so many questions. I think I've kind of assumed that this will be an 'easy' surgery (relatively speaking)--but since I have to spend the night at the surgery center that would mean it's not. I need to find out what I'm going to feel like afterwards--in other words--what's gonna hurt?? I've been thinking lately that sleeping is probably going to be uncomfortable and once again I will probably only be able to sleep on my back (which I hate). I was just getting back to sleeping on my side and stomach comfortably. Turning my head might hurt....stretching my neck (I carry most of my stress in my neck/shoulders so I do this a lot) will probably hurt....not sure what else? Guess I'm gonna have a lot of questions!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, what are you having done this time? Hooray for you for asking questions about the procedure. Nothing wrong with being informed. You don't have to answer this, but where in the heck do you get the $$ to do all this plastic work. I assume there isn't insurance coverage since it is aesthetic? And, you must have a heck of a lot of time built up at your work for the recovery time. Are you about done now? How awesome with having the ability to be able to do the body work so you can feel and look your best.

I agree, I will need to contact you so we can finally meet f2f.

Cyndy and Liz, thanks for the encouragement. I hope to have my mind reset soon.

I am thawing out meat to grill for tonight. We have eating tons of veggies and fruit. I head out of state again tomorrow until Sunday. I am going to try and eat in 2 meals. However, this motel does not have refrig or mwaves in the room!! ARGH, I will have to utilize the darn cooler. And, this is a Hilton, go figure.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---I'm having a short scar face and neck lift. As far as the money--loans and cash! Unfortunately I don't have kids/family or anyone I have to take care of but me---so I figure since I don't get to have a family then I'll spend the money on what I want! Insurance hasn't paid a dime for any of the surgeries unfortunately. I have 5 weeks and 3 days of vacation this year and I will have blown most of that on surgeries/recovery. I am about done...need a redo on the thighs but I'm going to wait until next year to make any decisions on that. Anything else I do would be in the office rather than surgery.

Did you guys get hit with that nasty storm this afternoon? Our electricity kept going off and the tornado sirens were going for quite awhile. I don't think there were any tornados sited but the winds were around 70 mph and lots of big hail. But hey---now it's cooled off tremendously so I guess it was worth it!

Appt. went well. Starting to get a bit nervous now. Sounds like my face will be very tight and swollen for awhile and of course there will be numbness for quite a few weeks which is typical of most surgeries which involve removing or 'tightening' the skin. I will be on a soft food diet for at least a week! So I'm glad I stocked up on yogurt but now I'm gonna have to come up with some other stuff because I did not buy soft comfort type foods. I'm thinking creamy soups and cheesecake might be on the daily menu! Maybe some smoothies too....not quite sure. I was hoping to do some grilling when I'm off but I can't really think of many soft things to grill! I can't exercise after---only very light walking. Which is fine by me!

Now I just have to figure out how/when I'm going to tell friends and people at work that I'm doing this. This is not going to be a really subtle change...so they'll know. As a rule I have pretty much told 'no one nothing' in regards to my surgeries...this time I really won't have a choice---except do I tell them before so it won't be so weird when I see them later, or wait until after??? I'm thinking that might be awkward to wait until after so maybe with people I see a lot that I'm close to I'll find a way to tell them before.....not sure.....

OK---cat on my hand again and he is not liking this typing action!! Have a nice night!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Now Teresa waiting till 80 no way,its nothing wrong with being a cougar you look great.As they say if you got flaunt it,lol.Its someone nice out there for you.We have gotten alot of rain the last two days but no thunder or stormy weather.Its after 12am here I'm on my way to bed.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I had a fun day yesterday! Went to an investment club and then went to lunch. I did well with my woe until DH sent me out late last night for some sf ice cream. I wasn't' hungry but I ate it anyway because I wanted it. It was good for the 2 minutes it took to woof it down but it wasn't worth the calories. Even worse than the calories....the sense of regret afterwards...not worth it!

I've got social activities & lunches planned for the next 2 days. I'm not having a hard time making good selections at restaurants. It is mostly when I get home at night and watch DH eat piles of snacks. I may need to distance myself for a few nights/weeks until I get out of the habit of snacking with him.

WINIFRED.....we need to get some more rain here.
I your post to Teresa!
Quote:
waiting till 80 no way,its nothing wrong with being a cougar you look great.As they say if you got flaunt it,lol.Its someone nice out there for you

TERESA.....I'm really excited for you for the upcoming surgery:jump joy:
I think it is fantastic that you are taking care of yourself with the surgeries. You deserve it!

Re. the soft foods.... how about some cheesy smashed cauliflower with sour cream, cream cheese, and other cheese? The ninja does an amazing job with making cauliflower the texture of silky mashed potatoes. DH said it was worth it (ninja purchase) just to get the lumps out of my mashed cauliflower

How about the quinoa casserole?
Butternut squash puree?
cheesecake pudding???

How about some thin fish filets for the grill? Those are very soft/tender

Quote:
his time I really won't have a choice---except do I tell them before so it won't be so weird when I see them later, or wait until after??? I'm thinking that might be awkward to wait until after so maybe with people I see a lot that I'm close to I'll find a way to tell them before.....not sure..
Sorry you're having to even consider all of that.
Personally I would wait until after the procedure to tell most people.

How long are you off from work?

VICKI...you seem to do really well with making good food choices when traveling You can do it!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

NO COUGAR! Thanks ladies....but I really don't think Mr. Right for me was ever created .....or maybe he fell in a well and will resurface in another 20 years or so.

Liz---thanks for all the ideas on soft foods---like it!! And I never thought of making mashed cauli in the Ninja---good idea!

Now---tell DH he needs to lay off the snacks! Or maybe you need to get him snacks that are totally unappealing to you? When I buy junk for the team I try as often as possible to get things that just really don't trip my trigger---although sometimes that even backfires on me.

Winifred---so with the storms has your weather cooled off any? It was beautiful here today and I think it's supposed to stay in the lower 80's for the next few days!!

Busy, busy, busy here. Mom will be here when I get home from work tomorrow so trying to pick up a little and get things organized. I've kind of given up on getting things caught up at work---it will all still be there when I get back. I do have tomorrow and Monday to try to close a few things up but I'm just trying not to stress about it all too much. Decided I'm going to tell my boss and coworker on Monday about the surgery. I'm kind of concerned that I may need to take a bit more time off than planned so I want to get them prepped for that idea just in case. I don't want to tell them until basically the last minute though because they will be all concerned and that will just make me more anxious about the whole thing!

Eating has been not good at all for the last 3 nights. Totally stress/emotional eating....and definitely not following hunger. For the next 4 days I will be eating out at least 1x daily and probably at least 2x but again, trying not to stress about it and just eat to hunger as best I can. I'm hoping that following a 'soft diet' after surgery will wash away any sins I have committed! I was thinking today that I'm not even going to weigh myself until a week or so after surgery so I can get most of the surgery bloat weight off....then I realized I'll have to weigh that morning as they will need that info prior to surgery. Oh well, I guess having a disappointing weigh in won't seem all that important as I'm climbing on the surgery table---by the way have I ever mentioned how much I hate that part?! Luckily the surgical staff are very nice and actually know me by now so they joke around and make me feel comfortable while they are strapping me down and placing crap all over my body!! OK---enough thinking about all that for now. Back to cleaning the bathroom---another thing I hate!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

So as soon as I got done posting last night the power went off! Apparently something with a generator or something like that and over 1500 customers were impacted. We ended up having a big old outside party with the neighbors so needless to say I didn't get to bed until late and didn't get any of the things done last night that I hoped to accomplish....oh well, it's just my mom, she knows I'm a messy person!

Busy day once again so I need to get to it! Have a great day ladies!!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

Quick post while DH is doing a tennis lesson. He plays tennis in over 100 degree weather. I would totally melt into the tennis court.

TERESA.... Yuck on the power going off. But it is very cool that it turned into a big outside party! You're lucky to have fun neighbors. I still haven't met anyone in my neighborhood. I never see them outside. They all drive up into their garages and stay inside.

oops gotta run DH is home
Old 08-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA...
Quote:
Now---tell DH he needs to lay off the snacks! Or maybe you need to get him snacks that are totally unappealing to you? When I buy junk for the team I try as often as possible to get things that just really don't trip my trigger---although sometimes that even backfires on me.
excellent idea, thanks! I bought him some ice cream that I don't like much and it worked! He guzzled down a huge bowl and I snacked on cauliflower with ranch dip. WIN!
Quote:
Eating has been not good at all for the last 3 nights. Totally stress/emotional eating....and definitely not following hunger. For the next 4 days I will be eating out at least 1x daily and probably at least 2x but again, trying not to stress about it and just eat to hunger as best I can.
big hugs to you for stress relief!
Sending you many positive thoughts and prayers for a successful procedure and recovery. I think you're gonna do great! This type of procedure, I'm sure, has a MUCH lower rate of infection and post-op complications.

Another soft food idea....scrambled eggs with sour cream and cheese and egg salad. Those should be filling and comforting.

What day and time is your surgery? Please forgive me for my terrible memory
Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm making 2 carrot cakes! A friend of ours who has a professional painting company came over to do some painting and a few repairs. He is a great guy but he won't take money for his work because we are friends
I was literally chasing this guy around my yard with money but he is much faster

I know he loves sweets and is doing gluten free, sugar free. His favorite thing is carrot cake so I plan to make him the one posted here
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...cipe-pick.html

I've made this before. It takes a bit of time but it is AMAZING, sugar free, and gluten free!

The only things I tweak is that I use erythritol/stevia instead of splenda and I add a bit more spices. He isn't low carb so I'll also throw in some raisins

Oh, the 2nd cake.....that is for DH. If I dare to make any goodies I better made him some or I'll be in for a world of hurt hahahaha

I bet this recipe would be good, and lower carb, by replacing the carrots with zucchini

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 08-11-2012 at 12:24 PM..
Old 08-12-2012, 03:42 AM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Liz---how did the carrot cakes turn out? Thanks for more soft food ideas! All the egg talk makes me think of those deviled eggs we were talking about the other day---maybe I'll make some.

Surgery is Tues morning at 7am!

Took mom to the Farmers Market yesterday morning. She loved it and we bought tons of stuff! I really couldn't buy much produce because theres not a lot of it that I will be able to eat this week but we found plenty of other stuff. Then we went to the mall, Sam's and later had lunch and shopped at Whole Foods. Oh--and we went to the Half Price book store and I found a book that I've been interested in---called Full-Filled. Basically about 'gaining freedom from dieting by changing your relationship with food.' Should be interesting. Then last night I went and ran a bunch of other errands including getting a new patio chair. Nothing exciting except I've wanted another one for awhile but my car is too little to transport it so I took my moms. I was exhausted and asleep by 9pm!

Another big day of activity on tap. Going to the casino to of course gamble (i.e. lose money ) and have brunch and then to the zoo. Going to grill out this evening and somewhere in there I need to do laundry and who knows what else?! Sucks that I have to go to work tomorrow---I'd rather just play!

Have a nice day ladies!!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Liz,the carrot cakes sound good.My Dh likes bannana bread.Teresa its nice to spend time with your Mom ,sorry you got to work tomorrow.My weekend was quiet just stayed at home my knees ached again but not as bad as last time.We had nothing planned for the weekend anyway so I watched tv,read so pamphlets I got from Richard Roberts and played cards online.The grandkids came over so it was a full weekend.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning! I can't believe in less than 24 hours I will be on the table!!

Winifred---sounds like you had a nice weekend---some relaxing and I'm sure with the grands you had some craziness...I personally like a bit of both in my weekends! Hope your knees feel better this week. Have you guys cooled down any? Our temps have plummeted and it's been beautiful! This week is supposed to be upper 70's and lower 80's with 1 day hitting 90....sounds perfect to me! Only problem is I'm gonna want to get out and play and I won't be able to.

Cannot wait to make it through this work day! Blocked off most of the morning to spend time with my staff and then meetings most of the late morning and afternoon. Planning on telling as many people as I can (that I work closely with) that I'm having surgery---but just have to find a way to work it into the conversations! I just don't want to come back and feel like everyone is staring at me....and also if I'm still really swollen I won't have as many questions if they know what's going on. Still haven't told my neighbors but I'm pretty sure I'll have to at some point this week. Oh well, I'll deal with that when the time comes I guess.

Eating continues to be pretty bad. No blatant white sugar although I did 'accidently' have a piece of pumpkin bread yesterday---it was on the dessert bar in the sugar free section but shouldn't have been. Didn't set off any 'give me sugar now' feelings so not too concerned. And the sugar free cheesecake and brownies were actually way better than the pumpkin bread! Today I'm eating whatever I want (although probably no white sugar unless I get dessert tonight)--but only at meal times. Snacking or eating outside of meals just gets me in too much trouble! We're going to Bravo tonight BRAVO! Cucina Italiana - Authentic Italian. Genuinely Delicious. and as much as I want to have pizza of some kind I think I'll go with salmon as I'm pretty sure that would probably be a better 'last meal' before surgery!

Well ladies---I'll try to check in tonight or early in the morning but if I don't I'll check in when I get home on Weds.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

I am back, catching up on posts. Teresa, good luck with your surgery.

As for me, off plan the whole trip. Overindulged in carbs, afraid to weigh, same old same old. Won't go in to detail.

My son and I are going to see the president of the US today at a local park right here in River City of all places. Airport like security with parking away from the site and shuttled in.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA.... Sounds like a really fun weekend! I hope you won some $$ It's been ages since I've been to a casino. I am not exactly a high roller. I stick with the penny slot machines..haha

That book sounds interesting. Let us know what you think when you read it.

I didn't make the carrot cake yet. I plan to make it today or tomorrow. I've made it before and it was delish.

I hope you get a chance to check in before surgery. Sending you more good thoughts.....

WINIFRED....I also love banana bread. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

VICKI... It is nice that you and your son get to see the pres. Regardless of political leanings (democrat or repub) I would always be interested to see a president of the US

I hope you get your mojo back! I hate the feeling of being afraid to weigh...I can totally relate
Old 08-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning---leaving in a couple of minutes! I'm grouchy because I want something to drink. Talk with you guys tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck Teresa!!!!! Thinking of you!

Waiting impatiently for you to check in.........
Closed Thread