Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Well hey Vicki---you snuck in just as I was saying it's just me and Liz here!

I didn't have a coffee grinder....but I don't drink coffee! And I used to use my bullet for anything that I needed to grind but since it bit the dust I needed something new.

As far as grinding the quinoa and chia---I use them for flour in baked goods! Quinoa works great if you replace about 1/3 of the flour in recipes with it. And since it's a complete protein and seems to be very healthy I like to sneak it in where I can. I like to add a bit of chia just because of the omegas and it seems to work well for me as far as filling me up---so I always add some of it to my breakfast muffins.

My new toy I hate---a fat monitor! We already have a love/hate relationship---well actually just hate! I did a lot of research on this before buying one---not because they're expensive because they aren't---just wasn't sure about the reliability. I have a 'plan' that involves this thing but haven't quite got it all figured out!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
I just started doing the great big protein breakfast thing and after reading this thread noticed someone else was doing that as well. How is it going?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
QUIETNITE..... I eat a big protein breakfast. When I consume more protein at breakfast I find that it dramatically helps decrease my appetite throughout the day. Chicken breast seems to work best for me.
Are you following any particular plan? I based my big protein breakfast on the leptin reset diet.

VICKI.... thanks for sharing the changes in types of foods that you eat. I try to keep my own dietary changes in mind especially when my weight is not where I want it to be. I think that all of us have made tremendous changes.

TERESA....the cacao goji raw energy bar I mentioned is not bitter at all. I strongly dislike the bitterness of cacao nibs. Bleck. I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate either. But I really like these bar things. At my WH location there are a lot of chocolates in the cheese section. The higher end fancy pants stuff. That is where I've seen the more exotic flavors including the bacon chocolate bars. Although they do put a few bars at the checkout too. They also stack bakery stuff ..muffins and cookies....on the end of the conveyor belt. Those darn things keep trying to jump off and join my sad looking bags of lettuce. Talk about pushy

A fat monitor? Interesting! I'm not sure I've heard of that before. I'll have to google.

Sigh, I must confess that I do not keep a stash of cream cheese. I have too much of a love affair with CC. I'll mix it with sweetener and eat it by the spoonful. Too much temptation for me. I have to buy only what I need for recipes

Your dinner sounds AMAZING. Did you make the sweet potato fries or buy them already cut up? I love the frozen ones in a bag but I haven't' found any that didn't have a ton of added junk.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Yes, I have been reading about the leptin reset and am trying to incorporate it into my LC plan. The breakfast has kept me full and non-craving. My biggest issue is going to be not having a snack before bed. That is most likely going to be breaking a habit vs. real hunger.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Yes, I have been reading about the leptin reset and am trying to incorporate it into my LC plan. The breakfast has kept me full and non-craving. My biggest issue is going to be not having a snack before bed. That is most likely going to be breaking a habit vs. real hunger.
I can totally relate to that. I've fallen back into the snacking at night habit because my DH eats and snacks constantly at night. He doesn't get a chance to eat much, if at all, during the day so it is understandable & necessary for him to eat that late.

If I get past the first week of breaking the habit of PM snacking I find that I don't even think about it much.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iminit4me
Stats: 315/258/140
WOE: Atkins NANY/Exercise
Start Date: May 2010
Hi Everybody - Another week down the tubes and no weight loss. I really think I must be eating too many vegetables. I did get the new books out that I found and it's pretty strict about measuring out your veggies. I put about 3 oz. of spinach in my morning eggs and use a whole tomato, half for breakfast, half for lunch, almost every day. I also add chopped peppers, radishes and cukes, plus the romaine lettuce. As soon as my veggies run out (can't waste food, y'know), I'm going to have just the lettuce with chicken or tuna salad plopped in the middle of it. That way I have no carbs in the dressing either, since I'll make it with mayo, plus have more pure fat. I'll let you guys know if that does the trick. Actually, you'll probably hear me shouting from the rooftops if I start losing again.

If that doesn't work, I found an old Women's Weekly from 2007 in the stuff I was cleaning over the weekend and it has a carb-cycling diet from LA Weight Loss that says you can lose 42 pounds in 8 weeks. It's restrictive and I think I'd be hungry, but I might be able to do it for 8 weeks if I see some dramatic weight loss. I just hate the thought of being hungry again. Going to give strict induction another go and stay off the alcohol and (groan) measure my food. Wish me luck!

Glad you all are doing so well. I checked out Whole Foods in Michigan and my closest one is almost three hours away. Bummer, dudettes! Glad you got your energy back, Teresa. I was down with a cold most of the weekend (thanks to my co-worker), but I think I have it pretty well licked. I attribute that to my healthy eating and exercising. She's worse than ever today and I'm breathing well and hardly hacking at all. Couldn't believe I had a summer cold. Glad it was short-lived.

I have cream cheese in my frig, but it'll have to keep if I'm going to do the straight and narrow for a couple of weeks. Good thing it has a long shelf life. Cheesecake sure sounds good.....

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
- Thomas A. Edison
Old 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CYNDY.... sorry you didn't have a good result on the scale.
Which new books are you reading?
Measuring food is a pain at first but I am so used to it now that it just takes me a second. I keep a small electronic scale on my counter and do it automatically.
I wish you lots of luck and success!!! WTG for staying strong and motivated when the scale is not cooperating!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Welcome quietnite, glad you are here.

Cyndy, it is hard for me to imagine eating too many veggies.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi,welcome quietnite.I came in last night to read the posts and I was so tired I went to bed before I posted.Had the kids and grandkids over for dinner.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Evening ladies!

Welcome quietnite!

Liz--I'll have to check for those bars then! Heck, there was chocolate all over that store! Expensive bulk bin stuff, packaged stuff, bars of every flavor, pre-packed stuff! I was sooo excited when I saw salted caramels but they were made with regular sugar. No food on the conveyer belts though--thankfully! I did see in the bakery they had a few things made with organic/raw sugars and even some sugar free stuff (including lemon bars which I love! ) so when my mom comes up we'll have to go there one day for lunch or something and I'm getting a lemon bar! I'm really not a big fan of maltitol at all, but I'll suffer for a good looking lemon bar. The sweet potato fries I get are by Alexia. Yep, lots of junky stuff in them....but keep in mind that like 99% of the ingredients are the sweet potatoes, that stuff is just the seasonings so I don't worry too much about it. I don't eat them very often and rarely eat a full serving---but they are very tasty and add a little variety to my roasted veggies!

Cyndy---grrrr, that stinks on the weight loss! I do suspect however that you will get some better results with added fat. I think in the beginning of low carb the key for most is to fill up with fats with just enough protein and veggies to get in the other nutrients you need. Glad you got over your cold so quick! This style of eating definitely keeps us healthy---sugar is what feeds all those nasty germs so getting rid of it and all the other junky foods really makes a huge difference!

Vicki---so how are things going with the home sale? Anymore fun plans/vacations before you have to go back to work?

Winifred---did we wear you out last night with all our chatting?? Hope you had a nice time with the family. Are you finding some relief with your inflamation?

Well, Tom started this a.m.---yehaw! Explains why I felt more crappy and irritable then usual last week and then great yesterday....that seems to be how PMS works for me. I just wish I was more regular so I knew when it was coming for sure---it seems to be anywhere from 27 to 33 days now. Guess that's not too far apart but it seems like when it takes longer than the PMS just lasts that much longer.

Used the coffee grinder last night for the quinoa and oh my gosh that was soooo easy and worked great!! Now I need to figure out more uses for the Ninja. I'm sure there are lots of things I could do with it....not sure what?? Since I have the huge bag of frozen strawberries I'm thinking of inviting the neighbors over this weekend to grill out and then make margaritas or daiquiris or something like that so I can use the blender part for that.....but otherwise I'm out of ideas. I guess I'm not much of a blender/chopper person.

So have any of you ever made the cheesecake muffins from the board? I'm pretty sure the original recipe makes 12. I always make 1/2 a recipe so in theory that would make 6....but there is NO WAY I could imagine making 6 with that recipe!! When I add a ton of pb and some sour cream I make 6----granted those are hearty little cheesecakes but without that stuff they would be about as thick as a pancake I'm guessing....? I made 4 this time and they still seem really tiny. I had to add lots of strawberries and whipped cream to plump that little dessert up!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
No the family wore me out it was a unexpected dinner,I didn't know my husband told them to come ,i found out after 10 pm saturday night so i got up early sunday morning.Cyndi maybe you will have a big swoosh soon and drop some.Teresa glad you got your ninja.Yes i'm still feeling better as far as the inflammation.I made c chip cookie bars for the grands and its temptation to me ,i had to taste but i'm glad they are gone.My thing now is i like to snack when i'm on the computer and its hard for me to figure out snacks,besides vinegar and salt pork rinds,cheese,pickles and sliced ham or turkey.I'm on my way to bed.Night
Old 07-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning

I'm trying to up my fat intake again. Hoping I don't get pain from the "ghost" gall bladder.

TERESA.... I love those alexa brand sweet potato fries. I have to fight DH to get even a few so I have built in portion control.

I'm glad you're feeling better and TOM finally arrived!:jump joy:

I'm sorry the ninja didn't work to grind stuff. The frozen drinks sound great.

I got a recipe book with my ninja. If you want I will dig it out and share some ideas.

How about some homemade ice cream using frozen berries, HWC and a bit of sweetener?
Maybe get creative and make a PB ice cream?
any kind of ice cream is sounding tasty to me with this summer heat.
Just an idea....freeze some coconut milk/cream in ice cube trays. Use that as a base for frozen drink/ice creams.

Do you like pesto? So many different variations you can make. I like it on leaner cuts of meat.
I saw another sauce recipe which called for lots of parsley, garlic and olive oil to pour over meat/veggies. There are a zillion delish sauces you could do that would make veggies sing How about a roasted red pepper, olive oil and a bit of parmesan cheese? Maybe throw in some nuts or pine nuts?
If you make a sauce you can freeze leftovers in ice cube trays for individual portions.

Do you like humus? It does a great job with humus. WH sells salt free beans for 99 cents per can that are very high quality. Chick pea humus with roasted red bell peppers is yummy. You don't even need tahina ...you can just use olive oil.

WINIFRED.>..... Lucky grands to have a grandma cooking special treats!
I'm glad your inflammation is better
Snacks? how about deviled eggs? Do you eat sardines? Those are wonderful for reducing inflammation.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Hey Vicki - I felt the same way. How can I eat too many vegetables? And they aren't starchy either. I'm talking romaine, cukes, radishes, peppers (red could be a problem), one small tomato split between breakfast and lunch, baby spinach, zucchini, summer squash, broccoli, onion (but not too much of that), mushrooms. I've laid off the avocado and eggplant lately. I'm dropping down to just a lettuce salad with tuna or chicken salad on it and leaving the other veggies alone. I'll still eat the spinach in my breakfast eggs and have broccoli with dinner. Something's gotta give soon.

I can never remember who I told what, but the new books are Atkins cookbooks that I found when I was cleaning up my house for my brother and SIL to move in. They looked like they'd never been opened. My girlfriend gave them to me many moons ago and I guess I just put them on a shelf and forgot about them. They're from different phases of Atkins, so the induction phases are different, but one has two weeks of daily menus for induction, and according to that, I AM eating too many veggies. Guess I was on the wrong train of thought that, since the calories are so low and there's no sugar in them, some veggies could be unlimited. My lunch salad is a pretty good sized bowl, so I'm going to taper that down. Hopefully, that will bring about some results. I haven't cheated, but there has been a bit of partying with my brother's arrival. I'm sure that's not helping me either. Time to get down to brass tacks.

Winifred - Salt and vinegar pork rinds? I want some of those. All we have around here are BBQ or hot & spicy or plain. I found some awesome boneless skinless sardines at Big Lot. Awesome with some mustard and mayo. Glad you're feeling better.

So I guess I'll get the kitchen scale out that my MIL-to-be gave me for Christmas. I was a little hurt at first, but it's a nice one and will look okay on the counter, even though there's not a lot of room for it. Gotta start developing some good habits, or I'll be in the 260s forever. Tired of being closer to 300 than 200. That's going to change before my birthday in October. AND THAT'S A FACT!

Thanks for all your help ladies. Don't know what I'd do without you!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Cyndy, that must have been like Xmas all over again when you found the cook books.

Teresa, we had an open house on Sunday for an hour. Corralling the 4 cats wasn't fun. when we have regular showings we don't bother with the cats, but since this was an Open House we had to. One couple came through, liked it, but are just beginning to look. I am not holding my breath.

Liz, I got the blood sugar meter all ready. Where do you get your strips?

Winifred, I like anything that is salt and vinegar, man do I pucker.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 07-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

VICKI.... My free meter came with some strips. I haven't bought any additional strips.

Good luck on your house selling!

We're planning to lease our house. We've had 2 offers but they would be at a huge loss.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies! Just a quickie (ok, I have no idea how to spell that!) cause I'm pooped. Supposed to be 100 again tomorrow....sigh.... I'll be back in the a.m. to catch up....hopefully I can get here before the 'excitement' starts at work, lately it just seems never ending.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, I know my meter came with 10 strips too. I can also get additional strips for $15 if I submit insurance. I am not sure how I can do that if I am not a diabetic. I suspect I would need a prescription??? Not sure.

Thank goodness we don't have to sell this house. Unlike you, we would just pull off the market.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

August is here already! Where did July go?!??!

My goal for today is to exercise AND quit snacking after dinner It is hard to prepare snacks for DH and watch him eat without getting snack envy I could just leave the room but it is our only time together. Maybe I should invest in a muzzle?
I got into his sf chocolates last night. My colon is playing kickboxing with other internal organs today as it deals with the sugar alcohols.

Anyone else have a goal or goals for today/this week/this month???
Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies---another long day here! Currently my kitchen smells like pb and chocolate ---made treats for the team because they met a challenge I gave them for a charitable event and now I have all kinds of goodies cooling on wax paper on every surface of my kitchen!

Liz---hmmmmm, an August goal.... Well, for the next almost 2 weeks my plan is to 'work out' 3 days a week and keep eating as healthy as possible. After that my goal will still be to eat as healthy as possible but not exactly sure how I'll feel about working out after surgery---so we'll have to wait and see about that.

So maybe you need to consider the chocolates, etc. both of yours....? For me if I had to be around it all the time and considered it off limits I would probably be wanting to sneak in it all the time!! Somehow things are less tempting to me when I tell myself I can have it--but I'm kind of crazy that way!

Vicki---on the strips you don't have to have a perscription to buy them, just pick them up at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. in the aisle with diabetic supplies.

Cyndy---if you find some great recipes in those cookbooks we want to hear all about them. Funny on getting the 'not so well received' food scale as a gift but now I bet you're glad you have it! I hope your modifications to your plan are very successful!

Winifred---uh oh, DH is in trouble for not consulting with you on inviting people over---especially if they all expected you to cook for them!! As far as snacks go---this might be another idea although honestly I don't know where it fits on the inflamation scale---but how about sunflower seeds in the shell? Takes a lot of work to get those little seeds out of there and a nice little treat!

WI for me today---160.2. OK Liz---I'm ready to hear ideas on how I can sneeze this weight out! Actually I'm totally OK with it, although I sure would like to get back to the 50's. Clothes are fitting decently and I'm really learning a lot from eating by the hunger scale. I've had a few mess ups this last week as well as a few ah ha moments so it's all good. I am finding it amazing how easy it is to not eat something by simply questioning myself if I'm hungry or not. If I'm not, at this point anyway, there really is no debate inside my head and no justifying it---I'm not hungry so I don't eat....novel idea, huh?!

Well, off to clean up the huge mess all over my kitchen. Chloe (my little black kitty) keeps looking at the counters and wants to jump up and see what's up there....she loves pb---a girl after my own heart!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to say hello....sounds like everyone is doing well!
I have been enjoying summer very much, lots of time with the kids.
Weightloss going pretty good, down 70 pounds total now
Still struggling with stalls here and there and trying to accept that this takes so much time!
Well, thinking of you all often and wishing you the best

Jaime
Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

I made a new cauliflower salad recipe out of Dana Carpender's cook book. I will let you know how it turned out. I have also been watching you tube videos on canning. I may try my hand at it. Primarily tomato sauce is what I was thinking. I would have to buy all of the stuff though, but once I put out the initial outlay it wouldn't be too bad i wouldn't think. Has anyone tried canning before???
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Jaime---nice to see you and glad your summer is going well!

Vicki--so how was that cauli salad? I've never canned before. Do you ever look for things or request things on Craigs list or any of those kinds of places? I have a feeling that canning stuff is something that some peeps might have lying around and would be willing to get rid of cheap! Also garage sales might be another good place as I know I've seen that kind of stuff there in the past.

Another long busy day---but it's almost the weekend!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

Cauli salad turned out ok. Not sure if I would make it again. Live and learn. A friend is loaning me her hot water bath canner and some jars. I bought lids, rings and canning equipment. Now to get the tomatoes and stuff. Good idea about Craigslist too. I have looked for stuff on there before. In fact yesterday I found another egg supplier only a mile from my house for $2 per dozen. I have to wash them before eating, but oh well. Well worth it.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

My dear mother taught me how to can at a young age. With seven kids in the family, we always had a huge garden and canned everything from applesauce to zucchini pickles. It's work but it's fun, especially if you have a pal helping out. If I can with my sisters, it usually turns into a canning/cocktail party. Haven't done that in years, but it's not hard. Just follow directions and make sure everything is sterilized clean so your lids seal. Nothing worse than going to all that work and having the jars not seal. Good luck! You're going to love the finished product.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

Is anyone watching the olympics? I've watched a bit of the gymnastics!

JAIME.....Hey there! It is so nice to see your post! CONGRATS on your awesome weight loss! You're doing SO great! I remember when you hit onederland and now you're so close to entering the 180's! KUTGW!!!!
I'm glad you and your kids are having a good summer! When do they go back to school? I hope you get a chance to post more. Your success is inspirational!

VICKI... I helped my maw-maw years ago with some canning. She used to can fig preserves & pickled veggies. I don't remember much ....probably cause I was in a sugar coma from the fig preserves
I'm actually considering taking a canning/preserving class at a local cooking school. I'll let ya know if I go and what I learn.

TERESA...... Good idea on the chocolates. I really don't consider them off limits but DH is very protective of "his goodies". haha I am usually not too tempted but PMS got me.

Your team must ADORE you! You're always feeding them goodies.

Quote:
I am finding it amazing how easy it is to not eat something by simply questioning myself if I'm hungry or not. If I'm not, at this point anyway, there really is no debate inside my head and no justifying it---I'm not hungry so I don't eat....novel idea, huh?!
AWESOME!!! Isn't that how "normal" people function!?!??! Seriously? They don't think twice about passing up the most decadent & tasty looking food because they aren't hungry.
I NEED to get to that mindset. I honestly believe that it the only way for me to reach and stay at goal.

What kind of cues/signs of hunger are you using to detect hunger?

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 08-03-2012 at 09:55 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting post on sweeteners' glycemic load
Sweeeteners' Glycemic Load
Old 08-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!! A very crazy busy work week finally over!! However, I still feel like there are a million things I left undone at work....hate that feeling.

Liz---I remember running across a similar list before however some of the numbers were quite different....although this one breaks down sugar in quite a few ways.....interesting. I'm going to have to look some of them up. This is definitely a newer version as it has my favorite on there---coconut palm sugar! Crazy how most sugar free products have malodextrin in them.

So how is the exercising and no snacking after dinner plan going?

As far as detecting hunger....hmmm, its really a combo of things. It's basically the 'empty' feeling and the stomach is probably going to start growling soon phase! Although I have found my stomach will growl when I'm not at all hungry and sometimes it doesn't growl until I'm too hungry so that alone is not a good clue for me. Its really very much just the feeling that I Need to eat, not that I Want to eat or Could eat. I wish I could explain it better---it's very clear to me now when I'm at that level---just don't know how to explain it clearly!! My next task is to stop eating a bit sooner....I haven't really pushed myself on that but I do try to pay attention to when I hit a certain level of satisfaction where I think would be a good stopping point for me...I just don't always follow that. Something really interesting over the last week or so---I've had 2 times where I ate before I was in the 'right' level of hunger. One day was breakfast and that whole day after that I was in a very 'munchy' mood and I never really felt satisfied with my meals. The other time was one day at lunch when I didn't plan well and couldn't coordinate eating when hungry, just had to do it when I had the time. That night I overate big time. Looking back to the first couple of weeks there were a couple of other times I did the same thing. I'm thinking there is a definite connection for me between eating with hunger and satisfaction levels or something. I really need to go check out Robin's book and see if she talks about any of that.

Vicki---I want to hear how your canning adventure goes! I remember my mom doing it when we were little. Besides the veggies she would make the best homemade applesauce from the apples from our trees---it was sooo good!

Cyndy---zuch pickles?? I've never heard of those!

OK---off to get my buns in gear! I got a netrition order yesterday. One of the things I got was golden berries, basically dried gooseberries. Anyone tried them before? I know my mom loves gooseberry jam so I'm thinking she will like these (she'll be here in less than a week!) and if they're tart I'm pretty sure I will too!

And speaking of food I bought flat iron steak this week and cannot wait to grill it up....thinking that might be lunch or dinner today.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all,

Quick post for now. DH is off this weekend. Planning to go out to eat tonight at a fancy restaurant with one of DH's colleagues and his wife. The food looks tasty but everything is full of carbs! Even the filet is stuffed with some sort of carby things. And I'm sure the portions will be TINY. Why is it that the more expensive restaurants give you a lot less food?!?!? haha I'm sure we'll have a great time but I know DH will be looking to eat after we leave

TERESA...thanks for sharing re. your hunger cues. I'm glad it's working for you.

I'm still snacking in the evening but I'm not overeating so I consider that a victory. About to hit the treadmill for exercise.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA....I forgot to say I've never tried golden berries. They sound good. Let us know how you like them and if they are tart.
How long will your Mom be in town? Is it for your surgery?

I still didn't get on the treadmill. I keep finding other stuff I need to do.
Now, I'm really gonna do it!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

I ditched the canning idea for now. I couldn't see how it would be beneficial if I had to purchase the ingredients. If I had a garden, now that would make the difference. I returned the canner and jars.

We went to a huge farmer's market this morning. We were about done when a thunderstorm rolled through. We needed the rain. I picked up green onions, tomatoes, kohlrabi, beets, chokeberries, green beans and honey. Yummy. We were going to get some melon but ran to the car instead.
Closed Thread