Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Still not on plan. However, I am attending an info session about a plan offered by a local hospital. It is very LC as far as I can tell. After reading posts under the Panakos Weigh Loss Plan found on Facebook, it closely resembles the Dukan Diet. Low fat or no fat foods and very lean meat. I don't totally agree with the no fat mantra, so am not sure about it. I am going to the session though, maybe it will help motivate me.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Yikes---crazy day here! Meant to check in long ago but it just didn't happen.

Liz---that is so funny that you said that about the scale! I was just thinking the same thing this morning. I've had nice little whooshes the last couple of days and the 'load' weight is basically gone so I have a feeling that there won't be much movement on the scale...which will bum me out. So----I'm going to work on just weighing weekly. You know, one of the things that the hunger scale woman (Robin) said really struck me---actually she has said it many times in lots of her vlogs---would you put a child on a scale every day, even multiple times a day, and then tell them to go binge if the scale is up? Of course not. She has at least a couple of vlogs that are primarily about this kind of thinking and about how we find our value by a number on the scale---and how we let it determine our behaviors. She is very opposed to weighing (former bulimic) even while on the protocol. Anyway, stuff we already know but when she put it in perspective of doing that to a child...that really hit me about how cruel we can be to ourselves when it comes to a stupid number.

Vicki--hope you find some motivation there, sometimes it comes from the most unlikely places! I would like to hear about anything interesting you learn. I don't believe in low fat at all---but there are always bits and pieces to all plans that I find interesting and often try out or incorporate in some way.

My schedule worked out much better today as far as eating to hunger goes. I was hungry first thing in the morning and then I got out of a meeting at 1pm and I was just starting to get hungry so I got lucky today!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning---it's Thursday!

Wow---when I woke up this morning I had no clue what day it was.....taking off Monday has me all messed up! Thought I would check in while I have a minute....however there is nothing new to check up on. Pot luck today and there are already lots of goodies here.....but I'm only going to eat when I'm hungry! This will be my first big 'foody' test of using hunger to decide when to eat. Good practice run for the reunion this weekend.....where there will be all my childhood favorites.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iminit4me
Stats: 315/258/140
WOE: Atkins NANY/Exercise
Start Date: May 2010
Good Morning Everyone! Sorry I was "out" for a few days. It's been busy at work and I haven't been able to check in at all the threads. But I've been here. Teresa - you keep a girl busy with all the reading. I can't get over how thoroughly you investigate everything. I would never have the patience. I agree with everyone with weekly weighing. If I weighed daily, I'd explode with frustration. It's bad enough that I don't make weekly progress, but I always think that the next Monday is going to be great - just stay on plan and keep at it. I have been so busy getting my house cleaned for my brother and SIL that I haven't taken the time to walk every day. I have been riding my bike to work, but that's not enough. Couldn't even do that today as I have to have my annual mammogram this p.m. Oh well, not as bad as having the other test, which I have to have four times a year now since my hysterectomy. Making up for the 10 years I skipped having anything done at all. I thank the Lord every day that I have my health. Anyway, keep fighting the good fight ladies (and gents if you're lurking in here). I'm anxious for Monday to get here as my rings have felt looser for days now and that's got to be a good sign, eh?

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
- Thomas A. Edison
Old 07-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hey ladies,

Well, unfortunately I didn't heed my own advice to avoid weighing daily. Up another pound for no good reason Gotta be some hormonal body fat conspiracy going on in my innards

Still on plan and intend to stay on plan. I feel better and I feel thinner. I'm starting to find bones that have been hidden for some time.
Isn't that always fun? When I initially lost a lot of weight I would think I had a tumor or abnormal growth....nope, just bones that were there all the time.

CYNDY...I just got back from the "other" female test. I've gotta say that, for me, I think a mammogram (smasher exam) is worse. Neither are a lot of fun. Guys have it easy, huh? Well unless they have to get a prostate exam......
Health is definitely a blessing:sprayer: Sometimes I forget to be grateful. I'm glad that you are ok now.
GOOD LUCK on your Monday weigh in! Loose rings are an EXCELLENT sign!

TERESA..... Keep us posted on how the hunger scale WOE works with the potluck.
Are there any foods you plan to avoid (sugars???)

Thanks for sharing the child/scale analogy.
Quote:
that really hit me about how cruel we can be to ourselves when it comes to a stupid number
excellent point!

VICKI....I hope the info session was informative and inspirational.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Just popping in.Sitting here eating my dinner collards and meatloaf.My son just walked in I'll be back later.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Love those greens huh Winnifred. I made a mediteranean kale salad yesterday and have yet to try it.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

I saw the tail end of Dr. Oz yesterday where he was reviewing Today's Tips and he mentioned taking Konjac capsules 1 hour before eating to fill up stomach. I know there is some controversy here about Dr. Oz but just thought I would throw that out there.

I wanted to post a couple of pictures of two recipes I made a couple of days ago but can't figure it out. Anyways, I made Mini Pepper Poppers, similar to jalepeno poppers. Cream cheese and onion filling stuffed into halved mini peppers and wrapped with 1/2 slice bacon and baked til bacon was cooked. Yum. My 12 yr old son liked them too. I also made a Mediterranean Kale Salad which was really good too.

If you know how to post thumbnails or pics please let me know.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 07-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Vicki---I made the mini bell pepper poppers awhile back but I didn't like them....however, I don't think I put anything in the cream cheese maybe it just needed some flavor in there! As far as posting pics---I used to be able to attach them right from a folder or desktop, etc. but the last couple of times I tried I couldn't so I had to upload them in photobucket (I think that's what it's called) and then I could post them. Kind of a pain. I would love to see and hear about this kale dish---still trying to find ways to incorporate it. On the konjac thing---that's the same thing as glucomannan right? If so I still have a whole bag of that that I'm trying to figure out how to use!

Winifred---any fun plans for the weekend?

Liz---well, waiting until I am truly hungry has definitely been interesting and very eye opening. All the pot luck smells, everyone in and out of my office with plates of food sitting and chatting, etc. Normally I would join in---or just tell myself no or when really in the groove not even give it a second thought. This was different because if I felt tempted I would just ask "am I hungry" and if I wasn't it was no big deal---just not time to eat. It was kind of cool and kind of annoying cause I really wanted to justify eating when I wasn't hungry! About 1pm I was finally actually hungry so I ate.....just too much! So---it's time to start practicing the other part of the equation and only eat until I get to a certain level--she says 5.5 but I'm shooting for what I would consider a 6-6.5. Yesterday--I would say I ate until a 7.5. But all in all, very interesting. I wasn't hungry last night until about 7pm and then just had something light since I go to bed fairly early so I think it all worked out...but I am going to start focusing on eating slower and really paying attention to when I'm no longer eating due to hunger and where the 'happy spot' is for me to stop. As far as what I plan to avoid---nothing. But I do want to make good choices so for me refined white sugar and refined/enriched flour and anything overly processed are things that just don't make sense for me to eat so they will continue to be rare. Although I have had refined white sugar this year---it hasn't been often and I really don't like it that much anymore. I think when I started introducing a lot of natural sugars---cane juice, coconut palm, honey, brown rice syrup, etc. I found those things taste so much better and don't give me the same negative reactions that I'm just not that interested in the white stuff anymore...which is amazing! I think staying away from the artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols (except E) has also helped with reducing my 'want' for white sugar.

So---are you still doing the protein breakfast? How's that going? As far as the scale---how you feel about yourself is much more important so if you feel thinner, then you've probably lost fat and your body is just holding on to some water so it's all good.

Cyndy---good to see you! Just ignore my ramblings---it just helps me to get it out and think it all through but you definitely don't need to bore yourself with it! I'm bad about getting all the 'girly' check ups done too...hate them but I do understand they are needed....but I still skip out on them a lot. So you have family coming to visit? Anything fun planned?

Anyone ever use Retin A? I have to see the esthetician on Monday and I'm pretty sure that will be part of the pre-surgery plan but I'm scared! It sounds like it will make my face red and dry and it will peel, etc. I guess if I have to do it summer is the best time since peeps will just assume it's a sunburn but seriously, this doesn't sound like fun.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Hi Teresa - Don't ever think I'm complaining about your "ramblings." I admire how seriously you investigate everything and love learning from you. I read EVERYTHING because I never know when I'm going to learn something I can use to make this journey a little easier. I feel like I'm really getting in the groove now. It's been about two months since I started and I think I might have actually caught the exercise bug. I got up after dinner last night at 7:45 while it was still about 80 outside and rode my bike over to Mom and Dad's house to put out a bunch of trash, rode my bike home, got in the car and drove to my sister's and we did our walk. It would have been so easy to stay planted in front of the fan (no A/C), but I just didn't want to! That, to me, is amazing!!! On another note, I've never used Retin A, but I believe you are right about the redness and peeling. I don't think it's long-term though. Then your cheeks will be just like a baby's behind (pun intended). :-) Have a super weekend everyone!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Cyndy---congrats on the 2 months!! I don't know about you but prior to this journey I rarely made it on any plan that long---if that's true for you then it would appear you are really making this a lifestyle change! I hope you are right about the retin A and it making my skin nice and soft---at least that would be a bonus!

I've been up since 5am, so 4 hours now, and I'm not hungry yet?! I even went for a 25 min walk with hand weights just to try to speed this process up! I'm definitely on empty but have been since I woke up. I'm making squash browns for breakfast and I'm looking forward to them....just thinking it might be lunch before I'm ready to eat them! But---I don't have time for that as I'm hopefully going to be ready to head out of town in the next couple of hours. Planning a stop at my favorite outlet mall however I will NOT even look at clothes or any fun stuff until I find at least 1 pair of summery shoes. I know, how ungirly of me to really hate shoe shopping but I do. I actually love winter shoes and boots---it's just the summer stuff I hate because it's so much harder for some reason to find summer shoes that fit---with the exception of sandels....but I hate my feet so I try to avoid the ones that show too much of my feet/toes---which is most of them.

Have a nice weekend ladies---I'll be back tomorrow night.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all

I've been having trouble getting on LCF. I don't know if it is my computer or the website.

I'm on ipad which is tough to type

TERESA.. good luck on the shoe hunt! have fun at the reunion
Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,I had no plans this weekend my joints are tender and aching so I'm home for the weekend,I'm sure its inflammation.It hurts when I try to stand,I'll be glad when this passes.I hope everyone enjoyed there weekend.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm hoooooome! Traffic was murder so I'm glad I made it! Reunion was fun, I ate too much but otherwise, it was a nice time. My niece sang at my mom's church this morning, oldest nephew accompanied her on the guitar. I have never seen her perform publicly before---she has a truly beautiful voice---I was so amazed. On top of that the song she sang really hit me, I've never heard it before. Between seeing her/hearing her beautiful voice and the song itself I had a hard time holding back the tears.... Here's the song.

I bought some new sandals!! Now I might seriously have to get a pedicure. I was going to take a picture of my feet in the sandals but it was too scary! So instead I took my yearly 'keeping it real' photo. Sadly the last few years I've been up 5+ lbs in each of my yearly photos. This year as you will see it has all gone to my butt. Although if I'm gonna gain I would rather have it there! Of course obviously not gaining at all would be a better plan. I'll see if I can get it posted tonight, but if not tomorrow.

Winifred---do you usually take anything for inflamation or use any kind of supplements? I hope it gets better soon!!

Liz---I was going to post the notice the other day that the site was going to be done for awhile on Sat and totally forgot---sorry! So how's your weekend going?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

When the remote control doesn't 'work' in my bedroom...this is usually the reason!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

These are a few of my favorites from when we took my mom to the zoo for her birthday weekend a couple of months ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

And this is me in my mom's bathroom this morning. Aren't you glad I showed ya some cute pics first! Oh--and you can kind of see my new sandals!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:14 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, you look great girl. Glad you had a good time at the reunion.
Cyndi, so glad you are back.
Liz, I got an iPad from work and have been getting used to it. Kind of nice.

We had a couple of showings over the weekend and someone was here Sat and again on Sunday with their family. We haven't heard the result of the second showing yet. DH and I went with realtor last week two days plus some open houses. We probably looked at around 10-12 places. We have it narrowed down to 2 for now. WHEW. Now, we will see what comes of the showings.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

We had some friends over yesterday. DH grilled chicken, steak and kafta (lebanese hamburger). I made eggplant parmesan, lemon dill broiled wild salmon, oven roasted asparagus, taboule, spinach salad and humus. The favorite food was the kafta!

I also bought a tiramasu (Frozen at costco). Guess who got into the tiramasu??
My problem was that once I started with the sugar I just keep grazing. DH had a tennis lesson so it was just me and too much FOOD.
I woke up with a sore and full tummy.

A good reminder to me to just say NO to sugar! Having too much food around is not great for me either. It's weird how I will just start picking and munching as I clean up and pack away the food.
Both are triggers.....sweets and too much food. The "buffet" syndrome.

But today is a new day and I'm feeling 100% back on plan. That is the main thing for me. Not to let one bad day become a bad week, a bad month, etc....

TERESA..... Thanks for sharing the pix! Very cute animal pix! Is that Jaden? He looks like Mr. Personality!
I literally laughed at your fish pix! Reminds me of ME yesterday with my mouth open in the FEED ME position!

The first furry guy in the pix looks so cute like he's wearing a black shirt. And I adore the smile on the guy with the long neck (camel? giraffe???). Nice angle on the picture. Looks like he was smiling right at ya!

And WOW....you look FABULOUS! I would never guess you were a pound over 140! That is about how I looked at 140 when I was working out several times per day.

Cute shoes! I'm glad you found something! Where did you find them?

I'm so glad you had a nice time at the reunion. Thanks for sharing the song...beautiful! I bet it was amazing to see your niece sing. What a wonderful memory!

Did you stick to your plan of eating to hunger at the reunion? Was it hard with all of the food around or with the excitement of family/lots of people?

VICKI....GOOD LUCK on the 2nd viewing of your house!
We have a 2nd viewing today on our house. I hope we both get a good sale!
I my iPad! Do you get to use it for fun or just for work?

WINIFRED.... so sorry you're having joint tenderness and pain. Sending you many healing thoughts and prayers for some relief:sprayer:
Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Just got back from the dentist, and WalMart, and a health food store...so far not a very relaxing day off! Need to go hop in the shower (nope, haven't done that yet ) and go see the Esthetician lady. I am so not looking forward to the peeling red face that is soon to come! I hope she doesn't put any on me while I'm there because I think you have to stay out of the sun once it's on and as this will really be my last day this summer to soak up some sun I'll be sad if I can't! Even though it's like 100 degrees out....

Vicki---yay, sounds like you might have a potential buyer?! I hope something works out soon! So are you guys planning on moving somewhere in your same town or are you going somewhere else?

Liz---stupid tiramasu! Sounds like a lot of good food otherwise though---did you have a nice time? You know, having too much food around and too little food around are triggers for me---seems I need a nice variety and enough to know that I'm not going to 'starve.'

Let's see---got the shoes at the Bass outlet. Pretty good price, they were 70.00 and I got them for 25 w/tax. The kitty pic is Chloe...she loves to hide in dark places and because she is little and solid black the only way you can find her is those glowing eyes! She loves to lay on the cable box and if she is on a certain part of it the remote won't work at all! The big donkey looking thing is a llama---they were soooo funny and cute/ugly! The fish are cool and yet kind of creepy the way they pile on top of each other. I also took a pic of my nephew laying by the pond immitating the fish wiggling around with the big open mouth---very funny!

I did well with the hunger thing all weekend---even with junk food galore all around. However at the pot luck yesterday I waaaaaaay overate, including sugar. Although I knew that was a good possibility I think that the biggest problem was I was totally starving by the time we ate---which was an hour later than planned. I do not do well at all with that level of hunger! Everyone started munching on chips and cookies and candy and junk and I kept thinking 'no--we'll eat pretty soon, I can wait.' I would have been better off eating some chips or crackers or something...so by the time I ate all bets were off! I will have to say, I haven't eaten since. Not due to restricting, but I am just now finally getting hungry so I'm going to grab something before I leave for my appt. I have some interesting (to me anyway! ) observations about this hunger scale thing, but I'll have to share them later.....need to get my buns going!

Thanks for the compliments ladies. Now---if I could just lose enough so that my clothes were more comfortable I think I would be pretty content.....well, if it's possible for me to be content with my body--not sure on that one yet!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope, the potential buyer place on offer on another place. I am going to give this 6 months that is it. I can't stand this crap. We don't HAVE to move. If we were 10 yrs younger, then I would maybe give it my all. Forget it.

iPad, I am using it for personal stuff now since I am not working.But, I will when I go back to work.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Good Monday Morning All! Whoops. It's already afternoon. I've giving myself a big pat on the back today. Down four pounds. I've been smiling all morning. It's not really a whoosh when you work this hard. Two weekends in a row of non-stop sweat and no lunch. Lots of water, though, and stayed on plan for breakfast and dinner. It's paying off. Not that I'll ever go down to two meals a day. Way too hungry by suppertime. At least when it's on the weekend, I can eat late and stay up late. Thankfully, I had grilled Friday night and there was plenty of cold chicken at the ready!

Teresa - You look amazing! If you lost another 20 pounds, seems to me you would really be too thin! Loved the pix. Gotta be careful getting close to the llamas, though. Aren't they the ones that spit? I love going to the zoo. Too bad our closest one is 200 miles away. Glad you had such a wonderful time. I can relate with the tears in church, especially when family is performing. Too beautiful.

Vicki - Sorry about your buyer. At least people are looking at your house. We haven't even had a nibble on our parents' home and all the summer upkeep is going to turn into winter if something doesn't break loose soon. So hard in this economy. Here's hoping the next looker turns into a buyer.

And Liz - I'm soooooo glad I wasn't at your house. All that food sounds amazing and I know I would never have been able to resist. Although, you might not have had the chance to eat as much if I was there helping you put it away...literally! :-) That's the last time I had a binge was putting away my July 4th party food. Alone and a little tipsy and whammo...trying this, eating that, mindlessly munch, munch, munch. I'm going to try not letting those circumstances ever present themselves again.

Winifred - Have you ever tried glucosamine with chondroitin? I've been on that for many years and, with the exception of my hip replacement, have not had any problems with joint pain. It takes a while to get into your system, but I know a lot of people swear by it. Here's hoping something offers you some relief. You're headed in the right direction. I know I feel so much better now that I'm losing some weight. Keep up the good work!

Better scoot back to work now. Stay cool and stay on track. We're all blessed to be here!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA.....that's a great price for bass shoes! I love getting a good deal on good stuff!

We did have a good time visiting with our friends. I actually ate small portions while they were here. I was more interested in conversation. However, once they left...it all broke lose:jump joy: I'm doing well today. Wasn't hungry until 2pm and ate a bit of steak and chicken. Probably won't eat dinner.

Good luck on the face stuff. I hope you don't have too much redness/peeling.
Is it like a chemical peel you're getting?

BRAVO on doing well all weekend until the potluck. I can't get too hungry or I'm out of control. It seems like you're learning as you go. I'd love to hear your observations on the hunger scale.

VICKI.... sorry the buyers didn't make an offer on your house. We've had 4 different people/couples consider our home and pick another house I'm still waiting to see what the people who are viewing today will do. We'll probably end up renting by Sept. if no good offers.

I love to use my iPad for the kindle app. I can read while walking on the treadmill and at night without turning on the light (so I don't disturb DH)

CYNDY.... FANTASTIC loss! CONGRATS!!! You've definitely earned your loss! KUTGW!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa nice pictures,you are beautiful,I like the sandals.My feet are so big sandals look like boats on my feet.Glad you had a great weekend with family.I can see why you wanted to cry while hearing the song its nice.Cyndi thanks I will try the supplements.I take lots of pain meds Relafen,Lorcet,Neurontin and Plaquenil ,I also take tart cherry extract supplements.Sometimes it just doesn't work.So i'm going to have to get more committed to low carb and stop slipping.Liz and Vicki good luck on your homes.I'm on water this week no other zero free sparkling water or tea with splenda.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just can't get enough of "talking" animals.

WINIFRED.....I was just reading that tart cherry juice is very effective for helping people sleep well. Interesting that it is also used for pain.

WTG for sticking with water. I need to do that. I've gotten back into a bad habit of drinking tea with splenda and coke zero
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---bummer on the house. That would be very frustrating just waiting. For me the worst part would be keeping it clean all the time!

Cyndy---4 lbs---yahoooooo!!! Yes, llama's do spit---but these were so well fed (overfed!) and spoiled I don't think they had much to spit about! Thanks for the compliments.

Liz---well, I'm glad you had fun with your new friends! I'm starting Retin A tonight---which apparently will cause redness and peeling. But the goal is to build up the collagen and get the skin as healthy as possible so it will heal well after surgery....and supposedly it will help get rid of/lessen some wrinkles too! Unfortunately it is a very deep healing kind of thing and my skin will get much worse before it gets better. I am going to do a chemical peel however that will have to wait until several months after surgery.

NO COKE ZERO---that stuff is evil!! Every time I have one I end up hooked on it for days/weeks! I was so glad there wasn't any at the reunion this weekend!

I love the talking cats! The end reminds me of my two--they will act all lovey dovey...but only for a few licks and then one of them will start biting the other and all heck breaks loose!

Winifred---thanks for the compliments. So it sounds like you and Liz both have big feet! I do wish mine were a bit longer, and definitely thinner---they're just little stubby things, kind of like my hands! I've heard a lot of good things about the glucosamine too, maybe it would be worth a shot?

Well, no rest on my day off. Lots of errands and appts done and tons of cooking/food prep. I'm very excited for dinner tomorrow night though---making chicken breasts on the grill (assuming it's not suffocatingly hot out ) stuffed with a cream cheese mixture that I made tonight---cc, garlic and onion powder, sundried tomatoes and little chunks of bacon. Also made some cauli mock tater salad to have with it and I cut up some peaches and plan to make a peach/blackberry crisp on the grill too...oh yeah, and a sweet potato! Wow, guess that's gonna be kind of a big dinner. Oh well, it will be good practice for eating to hunger.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I stayed VLC yesterday and got my appetite under control. I'm so relieved to not have any more gallbladder type pains. I've stuck to leaner cuts of meat with added fat as salad dressing. I seem to tolerate that, for some reason, better than fatty meats

I'm starting to look at a WOE...nutritional ketosis. I've read a few threads here about it and also Jimmy Moore is doing it with good results. He has a link on his website for a free glucose/ketone blood monitor with a few strips.

VICKI....ITA with Teresa. I would hate to have to deal with viewings in a home we lived in. It is so much easier for an empty house to be viewed. Although I guess it shows better with furniture.

TERESA.... are you doing the retin a on your neck in prep for surgery or on your face?
Ive considered a chemical peel but I'm askeered. Let me know how it goes.

Yep, I have big feet with long toes that I can use to pick up things with I got an exact replica of my Mom's long feet and toes. She had very talented toes. She could use them to pinch you on the butt. I've never developed that particular skill

coke zero??? I'm drinking one now. I've gotta finish the ones I bought for our friends who came over. I won't buy anymore. I do think they put something addictive in them. It scares me that you can use coke/diet coke to clean car battery terminals. It eats right thru the gunk. I also found it very effective to unclog stomach feeding tubes when I was a nurse.

your dinner sounds AMAZING! Too bad it is such a lonnnngggg drive .....I'd be dropping in hoping to be invited to dinner
Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WINIFRED.... I saw this thread and thought of you. I'm not sure if it would help but wanted to share.............► Arthritis/Bursitis relief diet - works with low carb - goodbye pain!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Hey Liz - Just wondering if you still like your Ninja. I'm thinking about getting one, but some of the reviews on Amazon complained about the blades going dull fast and food getting stuck in nooks and crannies. Did you get the one that's about $40? I don't have a dishwasher (I AM the dishwasher), so I wouldn't want to be cleaning it with a toothbrush every day. Plus I don't need another appliance that just sits because I can't stand the thought of cleaning it. I'm kind of thinking that smoothies would be a good dinner for me until the weather cools off.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminit4me View Post
Hey Liz - Just wondering if you still like your Ninja. I'm thinking about getting one, but some of the reviews on Amazon complained about the blades going dull fast and food getting stuck in nooks and crannies. Did you get the one that's about $40? I don't have a dishwasher (I AM the dishwasher), so I wouldn't want to be cleaning it with a toothbrush every day. Plus I don't need another appliance that just sits because I can't stand the thought of cleaning it. I'm kind of thinking that smoothies would be a good dinner for me until the weather cools off.
I did not get that one. I ended up getting the one that is listed on amazon for $159 but only paid around $100 at costco. I opted to get that one because I burned up my blender and food processor and the larger ninja functions as both.

I'm not sure on the smaller one. On the one I got I find clean up is easy if I immediately spray/rinse it with hot water. I don't give it a chance to crust. I submerge it in hot soapy water. Comes over very clean. I wouldn't leave it sitting with water overnight (like a reviewer on amazon) I turn it upside down and allow to dry on a kitchen towel. I find the clean up similar to any other blender thing I've had

I'm not sure about the blades getting dull fast. I've just had mine for a couple of weeks. They are amazingly sharp so far.

I would definitely recommend the one I got. I'm sure the smaller one is similar. I think it is a really good deal for $40
Closed Thread