Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi just checking in reading posts.Thanks everyone but i'm ok with waiting as long as the surgeon says yes to doing the surgery.My monthly docs appt went good I lost 9 pounds ,I just thank God i'm moving in the right direction.I was thinking I will weigh less when i do go about my knees.And I know i'm gonna want to taste food for thanksgiving but i got to mainly stay on plan.Liz good job on your weight loss.I'll check back in later this weekend ,this is my weekend at the food ministry at church and since we are not giving thanksgiving dinners,everyone is asked to bring 2 items for our food ministry so we can give out twice as much this month and they are asked to come out and assit the elderly with getting the food to their cars.So its gonna being really packed.I am thinking about making a pot of soup this weekend,hope i get around to it.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
WINIFRED....CONGRATS on losing 9 pounds! That's great!
Thank you for what you do for the food ministry.
You're wonderful for all that you do for your family and to help out the food ministry even when you're not feeling your best. Sending you lots of extra prayers to continue to get healthier and get pain free!

TERESA.... thanks for sharing what you're doing with the aminos and eating. I'm really glad that you're sleeping better!

Aw, sorry about the tow notice. That's all you need now.
I hope you can get an extension and get the car situation resolved soon

I think this recipe looks amazing! I would tweak it to omit the breadcrumbs and milk. I might dip in parmesan cheese or nut meal although I think it would be great without any breading.

GARLIC LEMON DOUBLE STUFFED CHICKEN (from allrecipes)
"Chicken breasts stuffed with Cheddar and cream cheeses, then drenched with a garlic-lemon-butter sauce. Sure to become a family favorite."
INGREDIENTS:
oil, for greasing pan
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast
halves
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut
into 1/2 inch slices
1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese,
cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread
crumbs
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a large, shallow baking dish with oil.
2. Butterfly each breast by slicing in half horizontally through the center, cutting almost but not completely through. Place one slice each of Cheddar and cream cheese in the center of each breast. Close again as if placing between the pages of a book. Set aside.
3. Pour milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Romano cheese. Carefully dip each breast first in milk, then in breadcrumb mixture, patting lightly to firmly coat. Place breasts side by side in a single layer in pre-oiled baking dish, tucking edges under to seal.
4. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice and garlic, and drizzle evenly over chicken. Season breasts with garlic salt and paprika, if using.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am getting to the point of frustration and "who gives a crap". Well, what I mean is, you know New Years is just around the corner and of course there is the resolutions. I haven't made any in a few years. Maybe it is time to resolve that and try again.

Oh, what is this I hear about Hostess brand junk food, they went out of business and shut down, what a shame. Everyone run and get your last Twinkie. LOL
Old 11-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #424
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Happy Saturday!!

I'm at the office.....all morning. Hopefully I'll get out of here in another hour or two. I haven't gotten much accomplished but I'm hoping since this is a holiday week there will be lots of meetings cancelled and maybe I can get something done....?? Probably wishful thinking!

Winifred---congrats on the 9 lbs!!! That is awesome!! And I'm with Liz---bless you for all you do for others!!

Liz---YUM!! I love stuffed chicken breasts! I used to always make them with some kind of cream cheese concoction---like with spices/herbs and sundried tomatoes and spinach...yum!! That looks like a great recipe. I guess breading would be good too but somehow that seems so unnecessary with all the good oozy stuff on the inside! I wonder how strong the lemon is in this or what exactly it does for it? I'm not big into lemon on meat but I think I could skip it and it would still be wonderful---I would just have to change the name! Hmmmm, maybe I'll trade out the lemon for bacon!

Vicki---I hear ya. I keep going back and forth and have really been struggling for this last year more than ever. I wish I knew the answer, and I wish I had 'mojo' in a bottle and could just give it to everyone---me included! What I know is the first 5 days of getting back on solid ground are always the toughest for me---once I get past that it gets exponentially easier (although rarely ever truly easy ). But getting past those first days with all the excuses and the 'I'll start tomorrow" and "just one more bite" and blah, blah, blah are just so hard, and make me feel crazy!! Just keep hanging in there, and keep trying!! And always remember where you came from----no matter how much you've gained I suspect you still have a significant chunk of it off---so just do whatever you have to to protect those losses and future losses will come with time.

Sitting here eating the most delightful almonds ever---pumpkin spice! Now, just checked out the ingredients and they are total crap so if I want to eat these frequently I guess I will need to learn to make my own. Just not sure where in the world I would buy "pumpkin powder" from??

Have a good weekend everyone!!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #425
Blabbermouth!!!

9 lbs wahoo, Winifred.

Teresa, pumpkin powder, no that is interesting. I hope I find my mojo soon.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

Quick check in. I'm doing great on low carb. Tonight we're going to a dinner party where there will be carb overload. I love the socializing but dealing with the food is tough.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

TERESA...those almonds sound tasty!
I bet you could easily skip the lemon in the chicken recipe. Bacon sounds WONDERFUL!

Speaking of bacon...I keep wanting to try chocolate covered bacon.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Recipe sounds good LIz.Teresa did you get another car yet? Vicki I have been going from start to stop all year and my goal was to lose before my 60th birthday which is New Years day,but I'm not giving up 9lbs has a smile on my face and i'm gonna try harder.I might slip next week but by focusing on my new lost i'm not going too far off of plan.Thanks for your kindness about my food ministry at church it means so much to me to able to help.I use to do more help with the kids during the summer,cook in the kitchen but i can't do that right now.So i'm glad i can still do something to help.Its 39 here tonight.Hope yall have a good day.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #428
Big Yapper!!!!

Afternoon ladies!

Winifred---9 lbs is a lot to smile about! My Aunt is a New Years baby too. I did buy a new car. Having a hard time loving/accepting it at this point though because of the whole nightmare with the other car.

Liz---choc covered bacon is not my thing, but it is definitely something you have to try once! It would be really easy to make too--you should give it a try! They had it at the Farmer's Market several times this summer and had samples. We've also had it here at work on National Chocolate Covered Anything Day.

I need to count up my steps. I did wear my pedometer every day this week and a couple days got over 12,000 steps but not sure if I made my goal or not cause some days were pretty low. Anyway, when I get a minute I'll tally it up. Just sitting

------------------------------

OK---started this about 4 hours ago and never got back to it! Hopefully I won't lose it when I hit post. Will try to get back tonight, depending on my computer and my mood (which is very foul right now!).
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #429
Big Yapper!!!!

OK, figured out my steps---my daily average last week was 7790. Better, but not quite there yet.

The car saga continues and gets worse and worse. I had a total melt down on my way home from work tonight and I just feel like crying or screaming or both every time I think of it all. I spent every free moment I could find on the phone with the dept of transportation and the treasurers office trying to figure this mess out. Looks like there is only 1 way and it's expensive, time consuming and will take about another month assuming it all gets approved. Problem is, I don't have a month. I am seriously so done with this whole thing, someone just needs to shoot me now....

On that cheery note, I'm gonna go take a hot bath and go to bed.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I survived the dinner party and stayed low carb! YAY me! I'll try not to throw out my shoulder patting myself on the back. It was a buffet style dinner and they had turkey and beef with salad.

My steps for the week averaged 3,697! I think I'll stick with the 3,500 steps goal for next week

TERESA....SO sorry you're still having to deal with that car!
I wish I could help. It sucks to have that kind of stress!

I hope you have a nice hot bath and get some good sleep. And maybe some cat therapy will help work out some of the stress!

WINIFRED....What a neat birthday date! I hope you have a very happy and blessed birthday!
Keep smiling and keep trying...you'll get there!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Liz and Teresa.Teresa sorry you having such a bad time,hopefully after a good nights sleep you will feel better.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

As we are nearing Thanksgiving I want to wish each of you ,my friends a blessed Thanksgivng Day.I am blessed to have friends like you all in my life to support me and who care about me, you all just don't know how much it means to me to have you here for me.Enjoy your day or should I say your weekend,Love You All.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovinglife50
Back in the fold

Hi all:

Great to see you on here Vicki and Liz - need some online support as I am now home after working for a couple of months in a job that really took the life out of me. I am clean and serene - on GS for 4 months thankfully and not too far from goal. Maybe another 15-20lbs to go and it is VERY slow - I am now going through menopause and I guess with all the up and down weight loss/gain I just do not lose weight like I used to. ALSO, living in London at the moment and do not exercise anything like I used to.
I MUST get back into a rhythm and get this weight off - still the food is good but eating rather heavy because it is so cold and rainy here.
ALSO Liz I need some help from you regarding cholesterol. I am predisposed genetically to high cholesterol but have been able to keep it down with my food plan and when I say down I mean a little under/over 200. My highest was 285 - yikes, very scarey. SO I only eat fish and poultry, really staying away from dairy except milk in coffee once a day, some yogurt. I take red yeast rice and started coconut oil about 2 months ago and it has barely moved - it is around 250 and the ratio is not as good as it was. I have usually had very high good cholesterol as well, my triglycerides are low. BUT the bad cholesterol is rotten - NEED HELP as I do not want to go on statins.
Anyway -- life is pretty good, have my moments - great to be on here, lots of love and hugs to you all................anyone heard from Dr. Sam?
Old 11-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick post tosay HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!

Winifred....... I'm thankful for you & all of the ladies here

Yvonne.......so lovely to see you here! hope to see you more
will respond to your questions when I can get to a regular keyboard. on very small keyboard hard to type
Old 11-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #435
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #436
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Thanksgiving all. We had a good meal and I had everything, didn't hold back. Some day I will get back on plan.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #437
Senior LCF Member

HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING

TODAY OR YESTERDAY was a great day - we do not celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK but it has always been a special holiday for me. I spent the day visiting a couple of people in the hospital - one lady is going in for breast cancer surgery (I am a survivor 2x) so we have a very strong connection - I wanted to be there to support her, the other person I visited had back surgery, his wife left him and his parents have both died fairly recently and he has no-one close to him to visit. So I wanted to do something kind and thoughtful so I spent time with both of them.
I felt really good - my food was three weighed and measured meals and to be honest there was no turkey as the day is no longer about the food but what I can do to share my gratitude for where I am today.
Today I cleaned house - preparing for the weekend. Ate three good meals and really enjoyed being home.
I am visiting my 89 year old mum this Sunday - we always have such a good time together - she is such a blessing - the most grateful, happy and joyous person I know, so I cannot wait to see her. Our time together is so precious and meaningful.
Having the food out of the way - gives way to a life beyond my wildest dreams - I have also been experimenting a little more and made some mini pumpkin pies that we rather nice.
So all in all life is good and I am very blessed - just want this weight shifted.
Hope you all are doing great - anyone here from our old friend Dr. Sam?

Yvonne
Old 11-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.I enjoyed my family and the food was good.I was not as tired so it was so nice to just sit and talk.They enjoyed the day so good they were here over 6 hours.Yvonne that is so nice to visit your friends in the hospital.Thats a blessing.I just relaxed today,had a few calls for leftovers from the kids glad they came to get some more food.All I need left is collard greens and turkey and ham.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #439
Blabbermouth!!!

Getting through left-overs etc. I made ham balls today and I have a turkey vegetable soup in the crockpot for tonight. Pie and sweet potatoes are gone.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #440
Big Yapper!!!!

Evening ladies!

Winifred---sounds like you had a great holiday with the family and I'm glad you weren't feeling tired so you could enjoy it all!

Vicki---how is the job hunt going?

Had a fun but busy weekend. Went to my cousins wedding about 8 hours away, however with holiday traffic last night it took much longer than that to get home. I'm pooped and ready for a mellow week, which won't happen , but maybe it will be a nice relaxing weekend?!

I didn't even tally my steps for last week. I think I only made my goal 2 of the days and was a good 1000 or more short on the other days. Then I didn't even wear it Sat or Sun since it didn't really 'go' with the wedding attire and I spent so much time driving I didn't get much activity at all. I will definitely work on doing better this week!

The weather is suddenly feeling like winter around here. I think I heard we may get our first snow flurries tonight although if we do I don't think it will amount to much....but it's just a matter of time.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #441
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, I have an interview on Wednesday and I had a pre-interview by phone a couple of weeks ago that nothing came of. I am still sending out resumes and completing apps. We will see. I know I am probably going to have to take a cut in pay, but I am not sure how much I am willing to do, 10 grand would be enough.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

Sorry I've been MIA. I was doing great on low carb and then I started to have some awful GI symptoms/gallbladder problems. My body just doesn't seem able to digest the fats as well since the surgery.

I'm doing well with staying low glycemic, whole foods and watching calories/portions. It is a lot more of a struggle to keep the appetite in check but I can't deal with the pain of a high fat diet. I have to listen to what my body is telling me.

VICKI...hope your interview went well and you find a great job! How's it going?

TERESA....an 8 hour drive is enough to wear out anyone! Did you ever get your old car situation fixed?
How is your week going?
Did you get the snow flurries?

WINIFRED....sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! I haven't had collard greens in years. Do you add ham/pork? My mom would use a ham hock for flavor.

YVONNE.....I love your uplifting post! I hope you will continue to post here with us. You are a lovely lady
What a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving! To reach out and support others. I'll send you a PM on the cholesterol med ?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Here I am back again - sorry I have been MIA - yes it did feel good to visit people that needed a little TLC. It always fills me up when I do something for others - that is the whole thing with the idea of support groups - helping others we help ourselves. So I am eating a low carb and mainly fish diet because of my cholesterol - have been eating low carb, rather low fat diet - or should I say healthy fat diet. I do measure my fats but have decided on the advice of some really loving, caring people and professional advice to change the fat I have been using. We will see in another month how I am doing on the cholesterol thing.
I am now jobless - good for me at the moment - sorry Vicki that you have not found anything. I guess the way I look at it is that for today I have no job - thankfully I can manage but I do have to watch the pennies. I look each day - I am willing to work. However, I am not willing to do anything. I believe that if I am working I am spending my time which is rather precious these days in doing something for money. I cannot afford to do it for nothing like volunteering. However, I want to be doing something meaningful - something I enjoy. I have just started tapping into my creative side by painting. I have not done it in a long time but I had a terribly anxious week and needed to do something to calm my nerves besides eating - so I bought some watercolors and started with the brushes. I love it..........it brings me closer to God and that is where I find my greatest joy. Maybe just maybe during the painting, I will find my answer - maybe it is in the painting. It is like a meditation - all kinds of thoughts and prayers go through my mind. At the moment I have two paintings on the go, one for each of my girls. I may even post them so you can see them. My first painting was just a release of my anxiety so I will post that so that you can see it.
I know God will provide. I make sure that I look for a job for at least a couple of hours a day and I have the willingness to work - just not sure what I am supposed to do yet.
I feel blessed to have the food in it's place and to be feeling good in my body. I simply want to have peace around the food and enjoy my body.
I have started some exercise - gym, aqua aerobics, swimming. It is my way of pampering myself.
So I am on this journey with you and it is an honor.
Thanks for listening.
Anyone know how to post a pic in the message?
Yvonne
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #444
Blabbermouth!!!

I went on a couple of interviews last Wednesday. One I really liked. It is for a newly created position in HR. The other one I was not impressed at all. First of all, I wasn't called back for the interview until 20 minutes after my scheduled time. They apparently over booked the interviews. There were other issues that I won't go in to other than all the person did was read a question off of the paper, I answered and she read the next question. Not much "off the cuff" or impromptu talking or discussion.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

oops

Last edited by vli1127; 12-04-2012 at 03:25 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YVONNE...how is the painting going? That sounds like a lovely way to de-stress without turning to food! I would LOVE to see any of your paintings! Are you familiar with photobucket? It is a free and very easy way to store, save, organize and share your photos here and elsewhere.
I wish you the very best in finding a wonderful job!

VICKI....GOOD LUCK on that job! Working in HR was one of my favorite jobs in nursing.
It was easily the least stressful. I was fortunate to do staff development (screening, hiring, training and providing ongoing education for all nursing staff) without having scheduling duties. That is the WORST. Trying to do scheduling/staffing of the nursing staff. Let us know how it goes.

TERESA....yooooohooooo....missing you and your posts! Hope you are doing well. Please check in when you can. Don't make me hop in a sled and drive to the midwest
I know the thread has gotten really slow but please don't bail on us.

WINIFRED.... hope you are doing well. Are you having warm weather there? It has been in the 70's here.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

Part of me thinks that my dissatisfaction and emotional upheaval is all stemming from what I have been eating. I think I have hit a new bottom concerning my weight and how I feel about myself. Maybe this is what I need to take action. I opened up the freezer take out an English muffin, but put them back. Now, hopefully it will continue.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki hope you get the job that you liked the interview.Teresa its been nice here ,suppose to have a few cold days next week.I like fall and winter when its like this and not too cold.I just hope it lasts.I hope we all are planning our New Years plans to stay on plan,I am planning on staying on plan until I get down to a healthy weight.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #449
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies! Been busy, sick and busy! Tis the season I guess. I've been at the office all morning, came home to eat, and now leaving for an appt and more errands. Does it ever end?? Assuming anyone's around I'll try to check in tomorrow when I have more time. Oh--and assuming the computer will allow. Pretty sure it's on it's last legs now---it seems to be full of trojans/viruses/etc. and even in Safe Mode it's not working well. Wish I could ask Santa for a new computer! Hope you're all having a nice weekend!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Teresa.... I'm so glad to see you posting! I'll try to get back tonight or in morning to post.
sorry you're still dealing with computer issues & you've been sick
Closed Thread