Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Vicki how are you doing? hoping you are feeling better.Have a good day everyone.I'm going to bed gonna try to make 8am service in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #392
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning ladies!

Liz---thanks for the input on the iPad! I'll call you later and get all the details. I soooo don't need one, and I'm really not that into electronics at all, but I really fell in love with the stupid thing and now I'm obsessed! I've been asking everyone about them as well as any kind of tablets and have been looking at them in every store I'm in that has them but it's all kind of overwhelming and I don't want to make a total impulse purchase....as I've been known to do when I get obsessed with something. Also, thanks for the input on the dutch oven. Decided to take a pass on it for now. I've lived without one so far without feeling deprived so I suspect I will get along just fine without one.

Winifred---hope you got a good nights sleep and made it to the early service this morning. Hopefully the extra hour of sleep we got helped out!

Well, this week has flown by and once again I feel like I am so behind on everything. Work has been crazy and of course my new 'extreme couponing' has taken up a lot of my time....and I'm just exhausted, my apt is a huge mess and I just feel out of sorts. So---it's time to give up my couponing craze. It is seriously a huge time consumer and although fun (at first anyway), and I've found I'm very good at it, I really don't need anything else---nor do my friends and family who I've also been stocking up on things. Yesterday I went and spent some of the awards/points/gift cards/etc. that were getting ready to expire and for the most part just bought stuff for fun, including some Christmas presents. I did get some great deals and of course used some coupons but it is so much more relaxing shopping that way than trying to get all the best deals/promos/etc. I still have 70 bucks at K-Mart that I have to use this week or I lose it, but other than that all the other points, gift cards, etc. don't expire for awhile (if ever) so I'm just going to use those things for Christmas presents or fun stuff or save them until I actually might need stuff again! So---that is my new goal---not to get sucked back into my couponing addiction....and yes, it was very addictive! But then again, I have such an addictive personality that I can get addicted to just about anything.

Now, in addition to that my eating for the last couple of months has been horrible. I have swung from one exreme to another on what I'm eating, when I'm eating, etc. I know that is a big reason why I feel like crap, actually I've known that all along but just haven't been willing to do anything about it or have only been able to stick to a healthy regime for a few days at a time. But today it stops. I am working on cleaning my kitchen this morning and then will go get groceries and get to cooking/baking. I'm going to go fairly low carb for me this week but add a decent amount of starch/grain or higher carb whole food at dinner so I can stay out of ketosis. So far on my list to make is broc/cheese soup (I never tire of this!), cauli casserole which will consist of mashed cauli, cream cheese, andouille sausage and topped with colby jack or maybe sharp cheddar, buttercup muffins and I think I might actually use some almond flour in these--haven't used that for years, green bean casserole and some kind of cheesecake muffin. Can you say lots of fat?! I have steak, fish and chicken in the freezer, will get some lettuce and salad stuff and make some dressings....and I think I'm set! The only non-homemade thing I will have is sf coconut milk ice cream bars....just cause I have some in the freezer and they're tasty. Oh and I found some 2% Fage yesterday which is a rare find around here (typically there is only fat free) so I'm all stocked up on that. Strangely I can't really decide on what I want for a carbier thing at dinner---I'm thinking of either the butternut/quinoa casserole or some sprouted grain beer bread.

Can you tell my head is back in the game?? Cause I'm blabbing and blabbing---which tends to be the best way for me to figure things out and make a committment.

I'm going to do some searching for winter squash recipes. I went to the Pumpkin stand on the last day they were open and bought a huge bag...I'm thinking it must be 40 lbs or more of various types of winter squash. It was only 12.50 and included at least 2-3 of each of my favorites plus some others that I never use much so this will give me an excuse to try them out again with some new recipes. And of course there were a couple of spaghetti squash in there---which I have never had any luck with. But by golly, I'm going to have to give it another shot!

I haven't forgotten about the 'steps challenge' although I have gotten sloppy with remembering to wear my pedometer--I think I missed 3 days this week. So that is another goal for this coming week---to wear it daily and get an average of 8500 steps daily.

OK---off to do some more cleaning.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #393
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and Liz---I don't play Cafe anymore! I can't remember when I quit, maybe spring or summer? I just got to where it was more of a pain than fun and it was sucking up all of my time....kind of like couponing. I tell ya, I can become addicted to just about anything.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #394
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I'm here early today....but not by choice. I hit a deer on the way to work---actually it landed on top of my windshield and totaled out the whole front end and top. This after just spending almost 1800.00 on it less than a week ago. Seriously????? All I can do is laugh because, well there is nothing else I can do. I was covered with shattered glass and my head hurts---trying to figure out if I bumped it (or should I say the crashing in of the windshield and top bumped it) or I just have a headache from the trauma of it all. My neck and back are already a bit sore too so it's probably whip lash or whatever but it's not like I have a way to get to the Dr!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR So, I guess I should have just bought a new car, since that is what I'm going to have to do now anyway. Plus I guess I'll have to rent a car so I can go out and look at cars. OK, now I'm not laughing, I'm pissed!!!!!

Oh, and I had to get on my computer in Safe Mode again because it won't connect otherwise. Oh happy day.

Well---have a great Monday everyone!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
TERESA... I'm so so so so sorry!! That is HORRIBLE!!!!!!! I'm so glad you're ok but that really really really sucks!!!!!!!!!

Please let me know if I can help in any way. I wish I lived closer so that I could come and drive you around. I just checked and you are over 11 hours from me

Sending you many good thoughts & hugs. I hope you're able to find a great car at a great price! I also hope that your headache and neck pain are quickly resolved.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #396
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks. It's been a long day. I have a new car but sadly I can't get all that excited about it. And my headache is getting worse. Going to bed and hopefully everything will 'look much brighter' in the morning.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How is everyone doing? I've been doing low carb for a couple of days and it is affecting my sleep. I'm sleeping less and I'm waking up early. Sleeping less is actually a good thing for me because I tend to over sleep I've always been like that. As a kid I would need 9-10 hours of sleep and always had a hard time waking up in the morning.

Tomorrow I am going to my monthly gourmet lunch. It is a group of ladies that love to cook and we each take turns hosting a lunch. I am responsible for dessert so I'm bringing a fruit pizza. I am making the "sauce" part with stevia and I'm using lower carb berries for the topping. I don't have any control over what the host will serve and I plan to indulge. Teresa gave me a great idea to help me stay on track with low carb during the holidays....doing a CAD (carbohydrates addict diet) type plan. Has anyone tried this? You eat 2 very low carb meals and you get a "reward" meal per day which includes some carbs. You have to eat the carbs in a certain ratio and within a certain amount of time.

TERESA....how are you feeling? Please check in when you can.

I can understand not getting excited about being forced to get a new car. Hopefully though you will get excited and you will enjoy your new car.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #398
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz---have fun at your lunch tomorrow!! I'm feeling fine, just unhappy about the unfortunate sequence of events. My headache is gone but I felt kind of dizzy off and on a bit today and my neck and back are sore and stiff. But I will be fine I'm sure in a few days.

Very happy I have a long weekend coming up (Veteran's Day) cause I have a lot of stuff to do/figure out with getting rid of the other car.

I don't think my body has caught up with the time change yet cause I want to go to sleep NOW! So I think I will do that.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

I made a fruit pizza yesterday for my lunch today. Can you tell I had fun arranging the fruit? Fortunately I also made DH a smaller one. It looked pretty but it had a nasty taste to the crust. I had sprayed the pan with cooking spray and that stuff was awful! I'm not sure if the can is bad but it was crisco butter flavored cooking spray. Now I remember why I don't use those cooking sprays. I'm SO glad I didn't bring that nasty tasting thing to a gourmet club! They may have kicked me out!

So, at 10pm last night I went back to the store to buy new fruits, cream cheese, etc and made a new fruit pizza without the cooking spray!

There are low carb recipes for the crust but I cheated and used the prepackaged cookie crust because I was tired I did, however use stevia to sweeten the cream cheese layer and I used sugar free apricot preserves to make a glaze.

I think they are really pretty desserts. I'll probably make some for christmas using red and green colored fruits.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceoflife View Post
I hope this link works...i just had my son create the cat a homepage haha just so I can post it here......he is a sweeeeet little kitty even with a name like Kitler

Slice O Life - Home
SLICE.....That link did work and I have clicked it a few times to bask in your kitler's feline cuteness!

I wanted to let you know that I have found a very easy way to share photos online. I just figured it out to post my fruit pizza pix.

photobucket dot com is FREE and super easy to use.
Once you save your photo to photobucket (or somewhere else online) you can copy and paste the url. Click on the yellow square "picture" icon thing at the top of this box. It will open up and you can paste the url that you copied from photobucket.

I hope that wasn't too confusing?

I can post an actual picture of kitler in this thread if you would like (I can save it from his home page to photo bucket) Just let me know.

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 11-07-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not happy when my post kicks us over to a new page Especially when I've taken the time to figure out how to post a picture of my fruit pizza! Seriously, I've been meaning to figure it out for years and I FINALLY post a pix and BAM it is on another page!
Maybe that is a sign that I need to get that fruit pizza out of my sight.
The taste was so bad that DH actually agreed that I should throw it away. This is a guy who will routinely eat meat that has turned scary colors. He doesn't think twice about cutting off moldy parts and eating whatever. He HATES to waste food! I think I might just scrape off the fruit and cream cheese part and toss the crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Liz---have fun at your lunch tomorrow!! I'm feeling fine, just unhappy about the unfortunate sequence of events. My headache is gone but I felt kind of dizzy off and on a bit today and my neck and back are sore and stiff. But I will be fine I'm sure in a few days.

Very happy I have a long weekend coming up (Veteran's Day) cause I have a lot of stuff to do/figure out with getting rid of the other car.

I don't think my body has caught up with the time change yet cause I want to go to sleep NOW! So I think I will do that.
TERESA.....thanks! I always enjoy my lunches. My problem is dealing with the sugar and excessive carbs. Thanks for the CAD suggestion. I'm planning to make lunch my reward meal.

I'm so sorry you're still feeling bad! I hope you feel much better today.

For the other car....are there any junkyards that will pay you for the car? Most cars, even totaled cars, have value to a junkyard for parts/scrap metal etc
I would call around and ask if they will come and tow the car and how much they will give you. Hopefully you can make something from the car

I hope you got some good sleep.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I kind of went through a low for a couple of weeks now. I decided to start looking for other employment. I feel as though a weight has been lifted since I made this decision. I also started using some essential oils that were recommended and upping my D3. I am hoping this will help me with the doldrums and get me back on path to eating healthy and treating myself better.

BTW, I tried a delicata squash and was not impressed. Sorry Teresa.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz---yeah, I'm going to have to make calls this weekend. I want to see if I can sell off some parts---especially the new ones---before I call the junk yard. I just have no energy/desire to do it at this point cause I'm still pissed about it all!

Bum deal on the cooking spray ruining that beautiful dessert pizza!!! Hope the next one turned out yummy!

Vicki---Sorry you are down. Upping the D3 at this time of year is a good idea! I typically do 10,000IU's during the winter and it does help with the blahs.

You don't like delicata?!! Well, I guess we all have different taste buds! How did you fix it? If you used Kevinpa's squash brown recipe and didn't like it, then you probably won't because that is the best way in my opinion. But I also like cutting them up and throwing on the grill along with some bell pepper strips and lots of seasonings---yum!

This was another long and stressful day. I can't wait until this week is over!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA..... sorry you had another long and stressful day
I hope you're able to get some good money for your car with minimal hassle.

The replacement fruit pizza looked pretty but the crust was a tad undercooked. I didn't do well with limiting my carbs to a "reward meal".
I really enjoy the gourmet lunch but eating for hours and hours and then finishing with dessert and sending me home with a box of "crack" candy sent me over the edge.
That candy is seriously addictive. I planned to give it to DH. Yeah, good intentions.

I'm back to low carb today but I'm feeling the effects of yesterday's rampage. So.not.worth.it.

VICKI....good luck on finding a job you love. Are you planning to continue working in academics or would you consider other areas of nursing? I hope you feel better
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #405
Big Yapper!!!!

Crack candy?? Dare I ask what that is?! Yeah, the hour thing is really key with the CAD plan, otherwise cravings, gains, etc. are pretty much inevitable. If you decide to try it again maybe get in some 'practice' days with meals you have a little more control of and see how those work out?

Another long and really hectic day. I've been on a project for almost 2 years now and every time I think we are at the end, some other problem comes out of no where and makes me take a few steps back. I am soooo tired of it, and somehow I ended up 'owning' this thing so it all falls on me to get it worked out...and I just want to be done with it already!!!!! So just another day in paradise! Have I mentioned I can't wait for the weekend?! I think I have almost 10 solid hours of meetings tomorrow---including over the lunch hour...joy joy. I need to talk to my boss about getting some stuff off my plate so I actually have some time to get some things accomplished, but I'm too busy with everything to find time to talk about it!

OK---enough whining, and I have a kitty sitting on my hands so I guess that's a hint that I need to go spend some time with the furry ones!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #406
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, considering other areas of nursing and not academics or floor nursing. Mid management or home care, possibly hospice.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Vicki I hope you find something soon.Liz the fruit pizza looked so nice.Teresa sorry about your car,I hope you get a good deal on a new one.Things are the same here I just need to get out the house its been 3 weeks as of this coming saturday.But I do need to go pick up some food.Then I'm waiting on the kids or should I say grown folk to bring there money for the thanksgiving dinner that i wasnot going to do again this year.I can't help it I love my family.But it will not be a big dinner this year,just turkey,ham,collard greens,dressing,mac and cheese,bread and bannana pudding.And I'm gonna try not to add anything else but we will see,I got to talk to my grandkids if they want something else i'll try to slip it in.lol.lol.Have a good day my friends
Old 11-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #408
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Winifred---sounds like a great Thanksgiving dinner! We're having pizza for T-day! We usually 'do it up' with a huge feast but one of my cousins is getting married on the Sat after and half the family will already be on the other side of the state (this is in Illinois) getting ready for the wedding and then the rest of us will be taking off the next day so we decided to just have an easy day on Thursday...which is fine by me! I love the traditional turkey and all the trimmings but honestly pizza toppings and a salad sounds alright, I have been really craving cheese/pizza for some reason lately. I hope you were able to get out and about and get some food shopping done!

Vicki---have you applied for anything yet or are you still in the contemplating stage? I keep thinking it's time for a change (although I plan to stay with the same company) but I never seem to have time to look!!

Computer is acting up again. Only able to get in with the Safe Mode, which means for whatever reason I can't get to all the smilies---so just insert the really ticked off smiley here. Not sure at all what I'm going to do about it, just too tired of it all to really give it much time or attention. May wait and see if there are any good black Friday deals and get a new one. I'm so in debt at this point, why not a little more! The car problems continue....I don't have the title so I don't think I can even sell it to a salvage company. Long story but I bought it from a friends parents 10 years ago and I thought they sent me the title when it was paid off and I just stuck the envelope in the glove compartment and never looked at it. What it was was a note asking me for the mileage so they could transfer the title...not the actual title. So yesterday I did a search on the internet for their names so I could get their phone number to call them (hoping that 10 years later they might still have the title) and instead the first hit I get was Martha's obit....the second hit I get was Jim's obit...they both died about 2 years ago. So now I feel horrible that I haven't been in contact with Jen (their daughter who was a good childhood friend of mine) for years and didn't realize that her parents had died. And I'm also screwed because I have no title. I don't really know where to even start with all this. I tried to google about what to do with no title but other than getting a copy of the title (which would do me no good since it doesn't have my name on it) and can't find any answers. Good grief, life just sucks sometimes. And I'm still hating my new car because whenever I look at it I just see car payments and huge insurance costs. GRRRRRRRR And I hate my old car because everytime I get in to get something out of it I end up with tiny shards of glass on/in me--no matter how careful I am.

Well now that I've shared a bit of sunshine with ya'll I gotta go. It's cold and rainy here (after it probably hit 80 degrees yesterday---today we'll be lucky if we hit 40 ) and I have no motivation but I have stuff I have to get done today. Blah. At least I have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day. I guess that's my positive for the day!

Hope you all are having a great weekend! And if you or those you love have served this country---my thanks to you/them!!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #409
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I'm apparently all alone here today. Just reporting on my steps. I did remember to wear my pedometer every day however I took it off after the accident Monday and didn't put it back on that day, but otherwise I did. My average is only 6320 per day. Even if I had worn it all day Monday I wouldn't have made my goal of 8500...I blame being in meetings all day and not couponing/shopping all week! I did make my goal of at least wearing it daily. Still going to shoot for 8500 average per day this week but I'll try to pay a little more attention to how I'm doing so I can get some extra little walks in when needed.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello everybody!

Sorry I've been MIA. DH has been home and has been on the computer or wanting to go somewhere. I can't hardly sneak in to post.

I did not meet my steps goal last week. I averaged 2600 steps.

My goal this week is still 3000 steps per day.

I'm doing pretty good on low carb. I've lost the food obsessions which plague me when I try lower calorie diets.

TERESA..... that really sucks that you have more car issues
That is an awkward situation for you with your friend. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I completely lost touch with my closest school friend. We were totally BFFs throughout middle and high school years. She was like family. We drifted apart and lost contact. I called her years later and found out that her mom had died a year earlier

Thanks for reporting your steps! You're helping me stay on track! This week BOTH of us will make our goals

I hope you get a good deal on a new computer or get that one figured out.

WINIFRED...your Thanksgiving day dinner sounds delish. Your kids and grands are lucky to have you. I hope you have a wonderful holiday! I'm still praying for you to be free of pain and to get the surgeries that you need.

VICKI....good luck on your job hunt. I've never done hospice but I think I would like it. I have done middle management (ADON). I liked it but it got to be too much to be responsible for a large nursing staff.
Have you considered doing staff development? I loved that job. I got to recruit, train and do ongoing education for all of the nursing staff.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #411
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Liz---looks like just you and me again.

Busy day with lots of laundry, phone calls and some shopping. Right now I have an egg casserole and some beer bread in the oven and then I'll make some rhubarb muffins and something else but I'm not sure what....maybe some yam brownies---although I have no sweet potatoes or yams so I will have to use buttercup. Gonna have to go see if I can find that recipe.

Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow---I left lots of stuff 'undone' last week and my calendar is already packed this week. I hate not getting things accomplished!

OH---I had to go buy peanut butter today!! I never have less than 3 jars/tubs in the house but I totally forgot about all the ones I returned to TJ's---so I had no stash after I finished up the tubs in the fridge. That is unheard of in my house! I had to use some old PB2 in my yogurt this morning which was quite disappointing! I actually only bought 1 jar---and it is the Smuckers natural which is not my favorite but I didn't have time to get to a different store so I had to go with what was available. Speaking of stocking up cream cheese is on sale at Target this week---4 for $5 so needless to say I am stocked up for the next few months! Oh, and another bargain today--you know we were talking about how expensive butter lettuce is---well they had the bags of Dole butter lettuce for 99 cents at my grocery store today! It had a good thru date of 11-18 so I got 2 which shouldn't be a problem to get through but I wish there was a way to keep lettuce fresh for a month or two, I would have bought a ton!

OK, back to recipe hunting.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Liz, staff development would be up my alley.

We are having Thanksgiving at my mom's and all of the old fashioned stuff. No LC substitutes. I have done that for a few years now without much success. I think that may be why my mom is having it at her place. LOL
Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Pizza sounds nice on T-day I love pepperoni and cheese and its easy to prepare.Liz thanks still not pain free yet but i'm doing okay.I did get a letter my appt was changed from jan to march 15th,guess i'll have two extra months to wait.But I'm taking it easy and trying not to do alot so i will not have bad pain again.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I'm feeling so much better on low carb! I haven't been on a scale but my clothes are definitely loser after one week!

I just got a call from an 82 y.o. lady who is a friend of a friend. Some financial "advisor" got her to transfer her retirement money into an account which made it taxable. The guy made a LOT of money off of her and she is in the hole by over $30.000. She is terrified that she won't have enough money to live on. I am so disgusted with people that would take advantage of the elderly!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry....I just got the call and I'm really really mad!!!!! Hopefully I can take her to an advisor that won't take advantage of her and will help her out of this mess.

WINIFRED...sorry you're appointment was pushed back. Are you still following an anti-inflammatory type diet?

VICKI.... Are you still working now or have you completely quit? I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with your Mom & family

TERESA.... Thanks for the info on the cream cheese sale at target! That is a good price!

How are you feeling? How is your neck and back? I hope you're back to feeling ok after your car accident!

Did you figure out what to do about the old car? I'm so sorry you've had all of this stuff happen.

Are you going to your Mom's for Thanksgiving?

I made the most tasty stuffed portabella mushrooms using cream cheese. I used half kerry gold butter/half cream cheese, lots of parmesan cheese and a bit of italian seasonings. I stuffed that into large portabellas that I had prebaked (I baked at 350 for 10 minutes per side to get out some of the liquid)

I topped this with mozzerella cheese and broiled until the cheese browned. Amazing! I bet some chopped sun dried tomatoes or spinach would also be delish in this filling.

I have been craving butter lettuce and I can't find any I've looked at 2 different stores.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #415
Big Yapper!!!!

Evening ladies! This will be brief because I am having computer/keyboard issues again. Should have just stuck with Safe Mode.

Liz--congrats on the clothes being looser--that really is the best indicator of what is working! My back/neck are fine now, just sore then stiff for a few days and now fine. Haven't done anything else with the car yet---it just stresses me out and depresses me so I'm putting it off for the moment. I wish I liked mushrooms, those sound devine!! Wonder if that would be good in bell peppers or zuchs or something else? Planning on going with my mom to my Aunt's for T-day but there might be a hitch in that plan now, not sure, might end up working Friday and not going home until Friday night. Honestly, that would be good with me, I need some time to relax and get myself together.

Vicki---you think mom wasn't a fan of your low carb feasts?!

Winifred---I'm sorry your surgery got pushed back. If all goes well would you have WLS before the knee surgery? It seems like that would make the most sense so maybe it will work out for the best if the knee consult is a little later down the road?

OK---getting a headache from pounding on the stupid key board. Oh---but first my tip for today---don't grill in the dark! Even with the patio light on it was hard to tell if stuff was done or not!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, oh I am still teaching. I won't quit until I have something else lined up.

Winnifred, that is a bummer having to wait another 2 months.

Teresa, I just read your long post from the 4th of how you are back in the game. I need to read stuff like that so maybe I will get inspired.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA...I'm glad your back & neck are better.
I'm sure that zucchini would be delish with that stuffing! It is a great way to get a lot of fat into a small veggie! Half butter, half cream cheese and either parm or some shredded gruyere would be devine! Throw in a few diced sun dried tomatoes or red bell pepper bits for a bit of color and texture.

I hope your computer and keyboard start acting right! How frustrating!!!!!!!

VICKI.... Have you ever read any of the posts in the success story threads? Low Carb Success Stories!! - Low Carb Friends
Maybe you can get more inspiration there
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #418
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! Thought I would check in while I'm on a conference call rather than try to get on my pain in the butt computer tonight!

Liz--I think I'll look for zuchs this weekend! So with the butter, does it all just end up oozing out all over? I'm thinking the gruyere/swiss blend would be great with this--yum! So what are your plans for Thanksgiving? Also, I keep meaning to ask, what are you guys doing with your 'old' house? Any bites lately? Are you still thinking about renting it?

I found a great place to donate some of my extra couponing items! I've called a few places and was amazed at what they could/would and could not take which was kind of a pain. This place pretty much will take anything/everything and does a lot of good in the community so I'm very excited to take them some things. If I can get the title situation straightened out with my car I may donate that to them as well. I wish they were a bit closer (probably 25-30 miles away) but for a good cause I'll make the drive.

Well, I better start paying attention to this call or they might start assigning random tasks to me! OK---funny as I just wrote that they said my name and yes indeed I got an assignment. Gonna go quick before that happens again!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA.... I mixed half butter with half cream cheese and softened both in the microwave. I then added in parmesan cheese and it made a really thick paste. It did not ooze at all. It was divine!

That's a great idea to donate the car!

We're going to a friend's house for thanksgiving! she is cooking a very delicious southern style carb-olicious dinner. I will try out the CAD again.
I don't think anything will be low carb. Even her ham will be a honey baked ham.

No bites on our old house I'm in the process of getting the paper work together to get a management company to market and lease the house.
I have to read through a very long and boring contract first.

I've done over 3600 steps today Thanks for helping me keep accountable

Are you following any particular plan of eating? Did you start back on aminos?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #420
Big Yapper!!!!

Good deal on the butter--I didn't want to think of it all melting and going to waste!

Bummer on the house deal, this is just such a weird market. I hear of a lot of people in your situation, and then others that sell in just a few days. It's always kind of like that but the last year or so it just seems like it has been really extreme. I hope that something all of the sudden pops up for you or that at least you are able to work out a good lease deal. Yuck on the long boring contract!

I did start back on the aminos but I have been sporadic in taking them. As long as I get the mid morning dose in I do OK. I think the l-glut was actually giving me sugar cravings so I gave that one up. I've been sleeping really well lately so I haven't been messing with any of the afternoon/night time doses. As far as eating plan, no plan really. Everytime I start to head that way I start to feel the restriction/binge thing coming on so I'm just really working on eating things that are healthy and keep me happy. I do however plan to get back to more of eating based on hunger. I really think that is key to long term 'freedom' for me but I 'rebel' at the idea of stopping when hunger is gone...sadly I like to feel really satiated. But---that's not getting me where I want to be so at some point I need to just 'suck it up!'

YAY on the 3600 steps!!! I'm definitely not making my daily average at this point but have some plans this weekend to get it up at least closer if not all the way to my goal.

Well, I got a 'tow notice' from the complex so I have to get something done with this car....just no clue what and no time during business hours to even make calls to figure it out. I have to try to leave work early enough tomorrow so I can beg the manager to give me a bit more time to figure something out. I think he'll probably go for it...hopefully....I really have never had to deal with him before so I have no clue.

It's early, but I'm headed to bed for some well deserved sleepy time!
Closed Thread