Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sliceoflife
Stats: 218/206/170
Start Date: Oct 2012
hey everyone..this looks like a good group and Id love to join. I started at 218 and was hoping to lose 80 pounds. My pre married weight was 118 but I am not looking to get back to that. i felt my healthiest and best between 140 and 150. Hopefully with great motivation I will get there in a healthy way. Im enjoying reading all about each of you.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Welcome Slice, I have been up and down this crazy roller coaster and am trying to regain momentum. I love the kitty pic. We have 4.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #363
Blabbermouth!!!

I am making roast chicken with egg stuffing, cream of mushroom soup, a cheese ball, and butternut squash. Not all for supper but for the weekend. I know the squash isn't exactly low carb, but oh well. Oh, and we are going to have asian slaw.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Vicki ... We have 4 cats also :-) I love Tuxedo cats most of all but Im a sucker for Ragdolls and well just any critter that I see haha Your weekend menu looks yummy ..im on induction still and actually enjoying it except for that flu feeling i had for a few days.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hello everyone!

I'm wearing my pedometer today and am back on track to getting my goal accomplished!

I'm craving some pumpkin sausage soup. The weather is getting colder and has been rainy. Perfect soup/stew weather! Has anyone else been wanting or making soup? I'd like to find a good mexicanish type lower carb soup.

SLICE..... I hope to see you posting more! Are you doing low carb?

VICKI....your food does sound delish! What is an egg stuffing?
Have you tried delicata squash? I think it is lower in carbs. A half cup is 5 carbs.
I've read that a butternut squash is about 7.5 carbs per half cup. There seems to be different carb counts on different websites

TERESA....How are you doing? Are you still fighting your computer? Please let me know if I can help in any way. Really missing your posts
Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #366
Junior LCF Member

yes Liz, Im doing Atkins induction now ...and right on time so I can stay away from all the Halloween candy around me :-) I need a new pedometer I used to love mine but its long gone along with my healthy eating :-( gonna get BOTH back though Im determined.....Thanks for the welcome
Old 10-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

chicken didnt get done, egg stuffing was basically egg salad and was icky. disappointed with the turn out. Mushroom soup was good though. i havent tried delicata squash.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Slice glad you joined us.Good job Vicki on cooking ahead.Hi everyone hope you have a good weekend.Its gonna be cooler here so I have nothing planned,but staying warm.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #369
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Hey ladies!!!!! I've missed you! I think my computer is dead. I'm going to try something else tonight but not confident it will work so thought I'd better check in while I have a few minutes at work.

Sliceoflife--- glad you joined us! I have a cat that I guess would be considered a 'tuxedo' cat. Is that an actual name/type of cat? We always say that he looks so prim and proper and looks like he is wearing his tux! His is slate gray (with white markings) though, not black. I'll have to post a pic of him sometime for you.

Vicki---good to see ya! Maybe low carb isn't what is 'right' for you right now. Sounds like what you're eating is fairly low carb though and very healthy----too bad it didn't all end up tasty! Hey---have you seen the 'gas saver' program they are starting at Hy-Vee and Casey's? Just caught a bit of it on the news the other morning and I need to check into it. Apparently you can save up to 2.00 a gallon based on purchases---wouldn't that be great!

Liz---glad you are feeling better!! On the steps---I totally forgot to wear it 2 days last week however I'm sure I made my goal as I had over 10,000 steps in 4 out of the 5 days I did wear it and I was busy every day!! I will make sure I wear it all this week---need to keep this habit up!

On the soup---have you tried the Southwestern taco one (I think that's what it's called) on Linda Sue's site? I used to make that all the time---very good!! Yep--I've totally been in the soup mood. Broc/cheese and chili will be lunch for me most days this week.

Winifred---so how are you? Where are things at with the WLS process? Do you have to go to meetings and counseling and all of that kind of stuff? Are you thinking of having that done before the knee surgeries?

I had a great weekend with my mom....however whenever I'm away for the weekend that means I'm so far behind on everything for the week! This is a crazy week at work---and to top everything off my 'check engine' light came on while I was out of town so now I have to figure out when I can get my car in the shop. If I can get it in this week I may just take that day off and veg and get my life caught up! Also might have to shop for a new computer. Hopefully the car thing isn't bad or I may end up shopping for a new car too.

Opps, gonna be late to a meeting. I'll check back in tonight if I can actually get my computer going.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #370
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the Welcome Winifred :-) Hope youre still warm Neighbor its COLDDDDD here in Tennessee

Teresa...Id love to see a picture of your cat...sounds like a Tuxedo to me, we used to have a gray one many years ago and she was soooo pretty. Sounds like youve had a rough time between your computer and car..I hope things get better. My car was recently in the shop for 3 months and it was pain.

I have GAINED 2 pounds ..not sure why because I am only having induction foods...I did brew some tea just to break up the water drinking so maybe the caffeine ????? Other than that just broth and burger type things and some salad (iceburg lettuce and cucumber with a small amount of full fat ranch dressing)
I did have that flu thing they call "induction flu" and lost with it so maybe my body is just catching up ..anyway its discouraging :-(
Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I'm not sure if we will get trick-or-treaters here but I need to be prepared because we have landscape lights that really light up the house. Like spot light type things. So, I can't exactly turn off the lights and act like I'm not home.

I've bought big bags of candy before, when I lived in a different house, and got ZERO kids to ToT (trick or treat). I've bought candy I didn't like but now I'm thinking about maybe getting something that is non food. Like little halloween socks, mittens, flash lights, decorated pencils, toys??? I'm not sure. I'll go to a crafty type store and try to come up with something. Hopefully kids will have enough trashy candy and won't mind something different.

Does anyone else have a lot of ToTs? I guess the easy way is just to get a huge bag of candy and not worry about it.

SLICE..... Howdy neighbor!!! I'm in Memphis, TN!
Please don't feel discouraged! Just stick with your plan and it WILL work! You may get scale fluctuations if you consume a lot of salt. Broth tends to have a ton of salt. Also some salad dressings are salty.
Have you considered taking measurements? When I was really sticking to low carb and actively losing I might show a gain on the scale but my inches would be going down. That happens when I am losing fat but retaining a bit of water.

Also hormonal changes, TOM can really fluff me up. I can gain 4-5lbs & get PMS at the same time. Lovely double whammy!

So, keep up the good work! If you are eating on plan you WILL lose weight and inches!!!

TERESA.... I have MISSED YOU! I'm going into Teresa withdrawals! I'm glad you got a chance to post.

That REALLY sucks that you are having car and computer issues!!! I really hope that everything is an easy fix. Our check engine light would come on when the gas cap wasn't screwed on tightly enough!

Re. the computer.... Which windows operating system are you using?
How long have you had the computer?
Unless there is a significant hardware issue you should be able to get it back up and running.
I would be glad to try to help you although I'm a bit rusty on windows. Please just let me know if I can help.
If you do need to get a new computer PLEASE consider MAC!!! I've owned 7 different PCs that used windows operating systems. EACH one has been an effort to keep running well. Now, with the MAC I have zero problems!

I've never tried the southwest taco soup. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. It sounds perfect!

I'm glad you had a good time with your Mom!

VICKI...I really like delicata squash. Teresa taught me about it.

WINIFRED>....stay warm! I hope this cold weather isn't causing you any pain. I know many people with arthritis have a hard time when it gets cold.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Exhausted tonight. Been awake since 0230. Feet hurt too. Contemplating a job change. Or an attitude adjustment LOL.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmPugs
Stats: 289/187/175
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: 10/15/2012
Hi everyone, hoping I can hop on this thread if that's okay. My name is Emily, I live in CT and this is my first time changing my eating to low carb. So this is my day 16 of being very low carb/induction you could say. The first few days were pretty awful with the headache, but now I feel great!
I had some weird issues last week with my feet hurting really bad, but not sure if that was attributed to the fact that I needed new shoes or what!? I picked up some Vit C and have been taking that.
Today dealing with female issues (oh hi full moon!) and feeling HUNGRY every 10 seconds, but have been sticking to meats and eating small portions. I am happy to see a weight loss and that makes me want to keep going along with a lot less back pain already and generally feeling good!
Hope to get to know everyone and if you have any questions about me, just ask!
Thanks!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #374
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, after 1.5 hours of trying to get on my computer...I'm finally on. This thing is so crazy there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when I can get on and when I can't---I do the exact same thing each time I try. Everyone bare with me because the keyboard is acting up again and I have to edit at least every 5th letter or character which takes FOREVER!! So this will be brief....for me anyway!!

Emily--- glad decided to join in! You know---the feet thing actually could be related. It's amazing what our bodies go thru when we are detoxing all the junk out of us! The hungry thing stinks but just know that it is OK to feed that hunger if it's actual physical hunger---just feed it healthy stuff.

Vicki---are you really thinking about a job change?? I need attitude adjustments frequently these days! Hope you get some good sleep tonight---that always helps with my attitude.

Liz---I'm such an idiot with computers---I'm not even sure what an operating system is?! It's Window's 7....is that what you mean? I think it's almost 3 years old....or it might be almost 4, can't remember. One of the screens that flashes on right before the computer shuts down (before I even get on the Net) says something about possible hardware or BIOS (no clue what that is) issues. But it's about 3-4 paragraphs and always shuts off before I can read even a full sentence so I have no clue what it's about. I guess I don't know what exactly is considered hardware but I haven't installed anything on it recently.

On the car---appt tomorrow so taking the day off. Already checked the gas cap as the guy at the garage tipped me off on that when I made the appt! He said it is the most common reason for that light coming on....wish that were the case.

I looked in some ads from the Sunday paper for Mac's and didn't see much...the only ones I saw were 1300-2000. If that's the going rate the only way I could see doing that is if they are guaranteed for like 10 years or something...otherwise I could just buy a new cheap Windows one every couple of years for same price----and I like new toys!

Slice---my monster Tuxedo cat is trying to lay on my hands right now. He is very interested in the pounding I'm doing on the keyboard (pounding seems to be the only way this thing will halfway work at this point). On the weight gain, like Liz said it could be anything. Just make sure you are eating enough!! Fat is your friend so you really don't need to be overly cautious about things like salad dressing, etc. which I know is weird considering everything we hear about losing weight is pretty much all about reducing fat...but so not true with low carb.

OK---I am getting a headache from pounding so hard on the keyboard and having to redo so much of it. Here---I'll type the last sentence again without editing:

OK---Iam getti a ache fro pounding so rd on the keyboard and having to red s much of it.

CRAZY. So I'm gonna go before I drive myself to drink!! Assuming I can get on the comp tomorrow I'll check in.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you made it online Teresa.Emily glad you found us.I pray everyone is okay,the storm has been bad on so mamy and my prayers go out to them. Its alot colder here and windy.My joints are really getting bad ,they ache with this cold weather.I'll post later on this week.Just wanted to check on everyone.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #376
Junior LCF Member

Liz.........
...Well Hello neighbor :-) I had not thought of taking measurements that is a great idea. I dread seeing the starting ones ..i will have to get a sewing measure I suppose, as I have lost mine from my sewing box. I did notice that even with the 2 pounds I added somehow my jeans actually were easier to zip last night so I will take your advice :-)

Hi Emily.......and welcome :-)
Im new here also and feel right at home already with these ladies.

Teresa................
How old is your Tuxedo cat? We have just gotten and new one a few months ago since ours of many years passed away last winter. He is lively and in that teenager stage ....he has a little white mustache and everyone has been calling him Kitler :-O ...he is used to the name but I just call him Kit haha I will have to take a picture of him to post......his mustache IS really hilarious and he is so sweet and cuddly Im so glad we got him I was afraid it would be hard to get close to another one.
About making sure im eating enough...I think I will find somewhere to list my foods for the day (do you or any of you know of a good site for that) and hopefully it can tell me what Im lacking or having too much of. I think maybe Im not getting enough calories and fat...I actually FEEL better when i add more fat. it seems i have more energy and im in a better mood overall.

I hope everyone has a great low carb day........Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it...it is so cold here that trick or treating will look like everyone is dressed as skiers haha all bundled up for the cold.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

SLICE....I have another suggestion! Get either a piece of string or a piece of masking tape (fold in half so sticky sides stick together). Use a marker to make marks for your measurements. You can do a different strip of masking tape for each area you choose to measure. You could write a line and maybe date it. Then in the future you can keep adding lines and dates to see your progress without having to dread seeing actual numbers! It can be your tangible sign of success!
I'm so sorry you lost your fur baby but glad that you got a new one to love. He sounds ADORABLE! Kitler! How darn cute is that??!?! I'd love to see pictures if you get a chance!
Happy Halloween to you to!

WINIFRED...sending you many good thoughts and prayers for relief of pain!

TERESA.... Don't give up hope for the gas cap being the problem! Sometimes, especially in older cars, the seal thing around the edge can go bad. Like the seal on a refrigerator door. It can allow gas vapors to escape. You might not even notice if you park outside. This recently happened to DH's car which is 8 years old.

If not, I really hope it is an easy, cheap fix. Do you have a trusted mechanic?

YIKES macs are pricey. I do love a bargain but honestly I will never consider switching from a mac. I think it is worth every penny. It took me a long time to convert to MAC. I resisted because I was familiar with PC/windows. Now, I can truly understand why I've NEVER met a MAC convert who regrets changing from windows.
I'm sorry I don't mean to sound preachy. I hope you can fix your problems and don't have to buy anything!!! I sent you a PM re the computer

EMILY.... Hey there! Congrats to getting a great start with low carb! That induction flu is a BEAST! I'm glad you're over the initial symptoms.
I also get SUPER hungry during TOM! I agree with teresa...fats can help! Cream cheese clouds can save the day when I need a sweet that has fat.
Of course they are so good (if you are a cheesecake fan especially) that portion control might be an issue<-------------disclaimer

VICKI..... Sorry you're having a tough time at work.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning---I'm in!! Now, listen to this. I have been using Safe Mode so that I could get on the computer long enough to get to the Control Panel and either reset the computer or play around trying to figure things out---but I never realized there are different versions of Safe Mode and that one of them is with Networking--so I can actually get on the Net with no problem. And, my keyboard works fine this way. I'm pretty sure this should give me a hint as to what's going on....but you have to understand computers to get the hint and I don't. I may break down and ask my neighbor (a programmer and all around computer guru) what this all means. I wonder if it comes down to something not being connected correctly....like maybe even the keyboard (would that be considered hardware??). I did reconnect the printer last night thinking maybe that was it but that didn't do anything. I don't know---just grasping at straws here. The bummer about this mode is that it doesn't recognize any of my passwords, the screen is huge and I can't find a way to change the resolution and I can't use my printer. Since I need to print some coupons off for my car I'm going to have to go through the long battle in just a bit here of trying to get on the Net without the Safe Mode.

Onto the car---they just called and it's the ERG system...or maybe ERS system...or maybe EGS system! Yes, cars are yet another thing that I have no clue about! Something with the exhaust system. I just OK'd an hour of labor so they can take it apart and see if they can basically clean it out or if it will need new parts. Worst case scenario will be less than a grand (including oil change, tire rotation, new turn signal bulb and basic inspection stuff that I was also getting done). Best case scenario is probably around 250ish. I'm hoping for best case scenario but either way I'm going to do it because I really am not in a spot to buy a new car right now....and since I have had it for over 10 years (it's 16 years old) and no car payment---then even a grand isn't bad as long as I don't have anymore problems for another year....at least that's what I'm telling myself!! My plan has been to buy a new (or new to me) car next year so I hope this car will cooperate with my plan!!

OK---enough about me and all my problems!

Slice---Jaden (aka J-dog, Jader and about a million other nicknames!) is 2.5. He is about 2 feet long without the tail/head and 17 lbs---HUGE! He's kinda chunky but mostly muscle! When he stands on his back legs he comes up to my waist! I was reading about tuxedos after you brought that up and WOW the common characteristics sooooooo fit him!! 200% smarter than the average cat and could rule the world if they just had a few human things (like opposable thumbs )---that is what we have said about him alllll along!! They are also described as 'lap friendly'---check, lazy---check, moody (oh my gosh I have said a million times he is the moodiest cat I have ever had!!)--check, and friendly wanderers---check! We often refer to him as a puppy because he will just walk right up to strangers---has even chased a few---and makes friends with everyone! He is such a bizaar creature!! I think breed wise he is some kind of Russian Blue and he fits almost all of those characteristics as well---except they tend to be aloof, which rarely is him.

I have another cat as well who is 2. Her name is Chloe but we usually call her Squeaky, or some form of the squeak word because she talks/squeaks all the time! She is literally 1/2 the size of Jader and completely opposite in personality. On top of being small she still has, and I kind of think she will always have, the kitten personality! She can't sit still and is always playing with everything. We think she might have attention deficit! And oh my gosh, she talks and talks and talks....hmmm, kinda like me! I feel like between the 2 of them I have the best of all worlds as far as cats go.

Losing a pet is so hard. I know how you felt as far as not knowing if you wanted to get another cat....I went a few years without any pets because of that but I am so happy that I have these two! I love the name Kitler ---definitely want to see a picture!! Not sure if I've seen one with a mustache before?

As far as logging foods the site that seems to be most popular around here is ******. I think there are lots of other ones but this one should give you a good idea. They are kind of a pain in the butt to use in my opinion but worth it just to get an idea of where you're at. Everyone does low carb differently, and you have to find what is right for you, but I always like to 'put out there' that low carb is not high protein, it's high fat, adequate protein and low carbs. I have no idea if you are eating high protein or not but that seems to be one of the common things that people do with low carb because of the perception that this is an 'eat lots of meat, eggs, etc' type of eating plan. But that's not what it is designed to be. The fat really is the 'magic' part of it in my opinion and experience. Now, that said high protein might work for some and if their carbs are low then I guess technically they can call it low carb, but that isn't really what the science and success of low carb eating is about. Also the higher protein can actually be counterproductive for some since excess protein breaks down into glucose so it's just like eating more carbs. And for me I just don't feel as well eating excess protein---but that's definitely a YMMV kind of thing.

Wow---guess I'm making up for lost time with my long post here! I'll try to keep it a little shorter so you all don't feel like you're reading a book!

Winifred---I'm sorry you're having aches and pains. I think the cold and dampness does that to a lot of people. Do you take any kind of supplements for your joints? I have a friend who swears by....hmmm, I think it's glucosamine or something like that? I think extra fats are also supposed to help. Do you use any coconut oil? That seems to help with all kinds of things! Hope it warms up and you start to feel better!

Liz---got your PM and I will print that off tomorrow and see what it's all about. This Safe Mode thing is working for now but I suspect in the long run I may have to do something drastic so that might be the ticket so thank you! We'll have to chat sometime about Mac's---definitely need to hear more about them to get past the 'sticker shock!' I might call my sis today as well and get some more input. They've been Mac people for quite awhile so I'm interested in finding out how long they typically 'last' without any major problems or repairs. It would seriously have to be quite awhile before I would consider it cause I really only use my computer to 'play'....although playing is important!

Anyone have a Dutch Oven? If so, do you like it, use it often, and what do you use it for? I have wanted one for several years and now that I found one on sale, and after gift cards/awards it would only cost me about 10 bucks or so....I can't remember why I wanted one!! I just know there have been several recipes I have seen where they say to do it in one and now I can't remember what those were?! So any input would be great!!

Well, it's taken me about an hour to write this post....cause it's long and I've had a few distractions. The shop just called and my struts are pretty much shot and leaking and I can't remember what else. We are now talking about another 1500 bucks. I need to do some thinking.... Technically these cars often get about 500,000 miles on them before they really die....so if I didn't get a new one this would be worth it (I only have about 160,000 miles) but if I'm going to get rid of it....??? But the good news is the exhaust deal is less than 500. UGGGG, I hate car stuff.

Last edited by Teresa123; 10-31-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Wow crazy day with Halloween and the kids here. I have 2 kids 9 yo daughter and 14 yo son and we went trick or treating a long way whew kids gave up before we did, their buckets were full. I am tired. My cousin made dinner, but all that I could eat was salad everything else was pasta, bread etc! I had some low carb sausage and cabbage soup when I got home. I didn't touch a single candy! Any that is left over I have asked the hubby to take to work. I am actually a little scared to even eat anything sugary that it will make me feel sick.

Teresa I had a check engine light on this week. If you have an Auto Store near you they will check the computer for free usually and it will tell you what the light is on for. Mine WAS my gas cap. I bought a new one, but your check engine light won't just shut off if you tighten it. My hubby said the battery needs to be disconnected and then reconnected to reset the light. I don't know anything about cars so don't quote me on that. We inherited a 96 Chevy Cavalier with only 47,000 miles on it and then had to pay 1200 bucks when the transmission blew about 6 months later, cars stink!

I don't have a cat right now, but I volunteer at a cat rescue twice a week that has about 125 cats so I get my fix there. I love animals. There is my home page in my profile that has some of my photography if anyone is interested. I used to work with a rescue in NY and we fostered many dogs.

I have to take my daughter to her first orthodontist appointment tomorrow, ugh we'll both need some ibuprofen!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween if you are into that!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

How is everyone doing this morning? The 18 month old I nanny for just threw a killer temper tantrum assuming he is way over tired since his parents let him stay up way too late for his age and it was Halloween!! UGH! Feel bad for teachers today.

I had eggs with a small amount of mushroom, green pepper, and a couple cherry tomatoes for breakfast I threw in some ground beef I had cooked and a little cheese.

I had the worst leg cramp when I woke up I am going to pick up some magnesium this weekend I heard that helps!

Last edited by EmPugs; 11-01-2012 at 09:15 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I was hoping to see some tuxedo cat pictures! I hope someone will share a pix of their feline beauties! I'm also quite happy to look at pooch pictures.

I did ok with the Halloween candy. I bought 2 huge bags because I didn't know if we would be ambushed with kids. I got maybe 10 trick or treaters and they all got big handfuls of candy. I was called, "super awesome" for my generous gobs of candy Hey, I'll take compliments when I get them

DH and I each had 4 tiny things of malted balls. there were 3 tiny things in each. The rest of the candy went into the trash. I HATE to waste food but really it would have ended up on my waist. Next year I will have a better idea of how much to get and will shop early to get NONfood treats. I'll keep left overs for the next year.

EMPUGS....do you have pugs? I dogs!
YIKES on the 18 month old temper tantrum! I guess going to bed late doped up on sugar will make anyone cranky.

Your breakfast mix sounds very tasty! I do something similar and add in a bit of cumin and chilli powder to make mexi-eggs. Also good topped with sour cream

BRAVO for staying on plan when surrounded by candy and carby foods! You're right....sugar will make you feel bad. KUTGW!

I'll check out your profile for pix. I love to look at pictures.

Thanks for volunteering at a rescue shelter I've thought about doing that but I'm scared I would get too attached and want to keep them ALL. I'm so grateful to people like you who can help. I have a friend that is very active in a dog rescue group. She has 8 foster pups currently.

TERESA....I'm so happy to see your nice long post! I"ve felt a bit cheated by your crazy computer

I hope your car doesn't cost that much to fix! I also hate car stuff! Is your car fixed?

From your description it sounds more like software/virus/malware issues vs hardware issues to me but I'm far from a pro.

Ok, I really NEED to see a picture of J-dog and Squeaky! So funny how you got such different cats in terms of looks and personality.

I do have a dutch oven that is made of cast iron. That thing is heavy as a chevy! It is WONDERFUL for soups, stews, casseroles, etc. I like it because it is a really good surface to brown meat and I don't worry about the surface flaking off into my food and giving me alzheimers (like non-stick pans). I'm already demented enough, thank you.

Is the dutch oven you are considering made of cast iron? $10 is an amazing price but I guess the question is....would you really use it often? If not, maybe it would be a good gift for your Mom, your Aunt or someone who cooks a lot.

Really, I don't use it very often. Do you have enough storage space for it? They are usually pretty big and might hog up some cabinet space.
Also they can be a pain to clean and maintain the surface if it is cast iron.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

EMPUGS....your home page is not showing in your profile. Maybe I missed it.

VICKI.... I hope you're having a better day today at work!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #383
Big Yapper!!!!

Just a quick check in cause I am sleepy! I'll try to check in tomorrow from work. Liz--you might right about the malware thing. I just ran malware bytes and it found a bunch of trojans and other junk. As soon as those were removed and it restarted I got right in! So I guess that means that my Norton isn't doing it's job....wonder if I need to find something else?

Emily---you might want to try some potassium for the leg cramps, or a couple big swigs of some good apple cider vinegar.

OK, sorry so short but I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open. It's been a lonnnnnng day.

Oh, and in the couple of minutes I've been on the malwarebytes thing has popped up at least 5 times saying it is blocking some malicious website....and now my keyboard is starting to act up again...GRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

I thought I had posted my homepage but I could be thinking of somewhere else because I don't even see a place to put one now!?
My website is EJR Photography - Home if anyone wants to check it out
I have to get to bed got to get up early hope everyone had a great day!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

EmPugs love your homepage.I love dogs but since we live close to the road and the yard is not fenced we don't have a pet.Teresa hope you get your computer problems solved from time to time I do checks and have viruses and it slows mine down.Thats alot to pay to get your car fixed if you are going to get another next year.I have a 1998 dodge dakota and so far it has served me good no major problems yet.Its warmer today and my knees feel better.Thank God for that and thanks for all your prayers,its gonna be a painful winter i guess,but i'm gonna make it.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #386
Junior LCF Member

i took a picture of my cat to post...but not sure how to load it on my reply....can anyone help? Do I have to have a url link? I just wanted to add it from my desktop.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

Ho, hum, trying to stay positive.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #388
Junior LCF Member

I hope this link works...i just had my son create the cat a homepage haha just so I can post it here......he is a sweeeeet little kitty even with a name like Kitler

Slice O Life - Home
Old 11-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #389
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Saturday ladies!! Just spent the whole morning at the office and hoping to wrap it up here very soon cause I want to go shopping and maybe even go for a walk.

Slice---Kitler is adorable!! I love the mustache---I think he needs to be on one of those Milk commercials!

Winifred---I'm glad you are getting some relief from the cold! I think we're supposed to warm up here too, might even hit 60 by the end of next week which would be nice!

Vicki---I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT!!!!! Say it over and over and over until you start believing it....cause you can do it, you just have to end the battle in your head first.

Emily---so I probably missed something, but is photography your business? If those are your pics you are very gifted!! I especially love the one of the owl---I think they are such interesting creatures and you have really captured something with that pic!

Anyone have an iPad or Kindle Fire or any kind of tablet? I played with an iPad the other night and I really want one!! But I probably don't need anything that fancy so I'm just hunting around to see what's out there and what is good---so if you have any experience with them, please let me know.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

TERESA....I do have an iPad! It was my "gateway drug" into the MAC world. My DH insisted on getting it for me when all I wanted was an ereader like kindle. It was one of the best gifts of my life. I carry that thing around like a 3rd arm. It is great to access the internet...super fast (like all MACs) but it does have some significant limitations. One is the keyboard. You can get a wireless MAC keyboard which is quite useable but if not you have to type on the screen keyboard which takes time. It is, to me, about as bad as typing a message on a smart phone.
The other thing is that it doesn't have adobe flash capabilities. It will limit some of the internet browsing but the main impact it would have on you is that you couldn't play cafe world on it.

I like the ipad because I can download an app to use it as a kindle e-reader. I get free ebooks online from my library and can instantly download books from amazon. I'm a huge reader so that is very useful to me.

SLICE....THANK YOU for sharing the picture of that GORGEOUS Kitler!
That kitty is so handsome that he does deserve his own homepage! What shiny pretty fur and adorable markings! I adore the tiny white mustache!

EMPUGS....THANK YOU too for sharing your homepage! You have some beautiful and artistic pictures!
Closed Thread