LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hello Everyone!

Linda- glad to hear you are doing well! The surgery was a success?

Teresa- so sorry you are struggling right now, sending you cyber hugs...I hope today was much better for you!

Alabama- sending you prayers through this difficult time, so sorry for your loss

I have a couple exciting updates....first this was my weeks to see some loses...I hit the 226 mark yesterday! So that's about 36 pounds down now!
Then I went shopping and discovered athat I can fit into a 18! And even some sweaters were 16!! So I bought 5! I was snug In my 22 when I began. What was really nice was getting to go into normal store!
Also, my hubby finally joined and is doing well!
I better go to bed, long night tonight!
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiyce View Post
Hello Everyone!
I have a couple exciting updates....first this was my weeks to see some loses...I hit the 226 mark yesterday! So that's about 36 pounds down now!
Then I went shopping and discovered athat I can fit into a 18! And even some sweaters were 16!! So I bought 5! I was snug In my 22 when I began. What was really nice was getting to go into normal store!
Also, my hubby finally joined and is doing well!
I better go to bed, long night tonight!
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!
Jaiyce yahoo. You have achieved rock star status in my book. It really is a great feeling to fit into smaller clothes. You have inspired me to get that feeling back and I have the smaller clothes right in my closet and don't even have to go out and buy them.

I'm planning for a good day. I'm going to church this morning and then Roger & I will go do something, not sure what. Day 3 on plan today, however, D2 was not as good as D1. So, what happened to D2? Well, first off I did not log my food into *********** and then because I was home all day I found that I ate way too much. It was all healthy food but I found I was grazing a bit. So, back to basics for me which is to keep a food journal. I say that over and over to remind myself what works for me. Maybe one of these days it will sink in

My recovery is going well. OK, I'll share the details now, the mystery is over. Theresa, you mentioned a few days ago about possible having breast surgery in the future. Well, about 6 years ago after my weight loss I did that. I was never happy with the results. They were too big and the shape was not what I wanted. Then this year after my open heart surgery the size started bothering me. The size was pulling on my incision and became uncomfortable so I decided to get them redone. It turned out that there was a lot of work to redo. In fact, one of the implants had uflipped over. So, I had a redo and lift. It takes a long time for them to settle though and to look good so right now I'm not sure what I think except that they are smaller which is what I wanted. Off to go log my food into SP. Have a great day everyone.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning! Wow--Sunday already?!

I'm going to try to do a shortened version of my post from the other day that I lost---sorry if I miss anyone or anything!

Lynn---I was thinking the same thing when I read on UD's that you can eat what you want without intentional overeating....does he know who his audience is?!! I also was thinking I might be able to incorporate JUDDD with the other plan, so if the OD doesn't seem to be effective on it's own, I think I will be giving that a try.

Jaiyce---yay on the 226!!! So what are you doing differently? How many more 'sleeps' until the kick off? How great that DH has joined you! Hope he hangs in there, but even if he doesn't you have proven that you can do this on your own if need be.

Linda---well I'm glad you said what the surgery was about because that was what I asked in my lost post! Glad it went well and I hope when the swelling goes down, etc. that 'they' are exactly what you hoped for! Congrats on 2 days and here's to day 3 being the best one yet!!

On the yogurt maker with different jars---other than being able to make different flavors, is there any reason/advantage to multiple jars? I'm looking at one on-line from BB&B as well as one on-line at Target. I really wished they carried them in store so I could check them out. I might try some of the health food stores around here and see if they have them just to look them over and figure out what kinds of features I want/don't want.

Vicki---how's it going? Have you decided to go back to OA...or was it TOPS? How are things with DF living with you?

Liz---I'm planning on implants. I had a big ole story written out for you before but right now I just don't have it in me to write it all out again but basically I had a lift several years ago by quack Dr who really screwed me up. Not sure if implants will even 'work' for me at this point as some correction still needs to be done but I'm going to check it out and see.

Yay you on getting out there and becoming a social butterfly!!

Winifred---so do you have any specific tricks for getting more water in? I'm still struggling a bit for some reason on that. Whenever I remember I will chug down a full glass and I actually really love it---but then I don't remember again for awhile.

OK--short story on the vitamin testing. Didn't seem to make a big difference if they were expensive or cheap---the results just varied. I had a cheap calcium that I don't know when or why I bought because I don't take them---it dissolved in seconds! I have a fairly expensive B complex that didn't dissolve at all. Everything else dissolved at least by 1/4 within the first 30 minutes but not much more even after an hour. Oh--except for a zinc one that I only bought to take when I had a cold--it totally dissolved within about 10 min. I did some more reading and there is a lot of controversy around this test and the accuracy. Basically stating vinegar can in no way mimic the 'hostile' environment of your stomach. I found several peeps who said that although this is true---if an hour in warm vinegar (I didn't use any water this time) doesn't really dissolve anything---then basically it's questionable how much good you are getting from it. If it dissolves some, then you probably are. I'm going with that school of thought. So I'll replace the D's (already done ) and B complex and keep everything else. I am really thinking that when the other stuff runs out I will just go to a multi and D3. I thought about keeping fish oils/omega 3 stuff but really, I eat fish 2-3 times a week and if I just remember to utilize chia in my muffins which I eat at least 5 times a week----I'm thinking I should be good.

Wow---that was supposed to be the short version!

Eating yesterday was great. Getting work done yesterday sucked. I still have lots to do so I need to get to it!!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Good afternoon ladies! Thanks for all the well wishes for the kids and I. Everyone is feeling better but unfortunately my eating has been very poor this past week and I didn't even excercise. I am feeling those consequences because I am sort of grumpy and depressed. Eating will probably be bad this week as well, due to poor finance and grocery planning. Cannot wait until tax refund is here in a few weeks so I can actually stock up the pantry and freezer!!!!
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2getmoving View Post
Good afternoon ladies! Thanks for all the well wishes for the kids and I. Everyone is feeling better but unfortunately my eating has been very poor this past week and I didn't even excercise. I am feeling those consequences because I am sort of grumpy and depressed. Eating will probably be bad this week as well, due to poor finance and grocery planning. Cannot wait until tax refund is here in a few weeks so I can actually stock up the pantry and freezer!!!!
Fonda glad you are feeling better but sorry for the offplan days. I totallly understand. Finances can be a problem but maybe we can all brainstorm to give you some ideas. Eggs are always a good choice. If I have 2 hard boiled eggs and an apple for breakfast, I am good to go for hours. There have also been several threads on lowcarb on a budget. Maybe you could do a search to get some ideas. You don't have to wait til tax refund comes to get going.
Maybe some of the others can come up with some ideas too.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Linda! I am going through different threads now, even looking at the Dave Ramsey information - we really need to get on top of things. I am so tired of living paycheck to paycheck - and beyond!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hi everyone!

Linda- I am positive I will need to have that surgery as well..good for you for braving it! Are you in much pain?

Got2getmoving- sending you prayers and hugs...you have some big obstacles, but I know you can do ths! It sucks that eating healthy is so much money!

Teresa- not to much, I think my body just decided to give me a break! I increased food for a while...still am. Wow to your experiments! I am going to try my vitamin tonight! Mike has lost 11 pounds in 6 days...really happy for him. I hope he sticks with it to, he is enjoying new recipes for sure...he loves to cook..

Well I have almost accomplished my goal of sticking in induction until Feb 6.... This will be 77 days of induction done! I am then going to add an apple...gosh I miss apples! I can't wait! I hope it goes well! I can't believe that's what I want! Not chips, but an apple!

Only 5 sleeps till the event day and soooooooooo much to do! I am very excited though as its going to be a great year!

Good night all
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Dear Liz,

A little birdie told me that it was your birthday, so I thought I'd come here to wish you a very (belated) happy birthday !!!!

xoxoxo HUGS !!!!!

Steph
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody!

I hope that you won't mind if I join you all

I haven't been on the low carb boards in about a year and a half.. and even then, I was very sporadic.

I'm realizing that I need to change my avatar pic, too.. That was taken at my lowest weight, and I'm not lookin' much like that these days!

But even though I haven't been here, my friends that I met on LCF have always been in my heart! LCF gave me some great support after I had my son, and helped give me the accountability I needed when I was an at home mom.

AND, 2 weeks ago I had the great priviledge of meeting up with dear Linda & spending the afternoon with her! I tell ya gals, she is even more bubbly & likeable in person that she is on these boards

My DH has always struggled with his weight, and in December he had a gastric bypass. So, the weight is now flying off of him.. and I don't want to get left behind !!

I really am not doing a low carb plan, so I probably won't post my menu much. I hope you'll still let me come by for the support! 'Cause I need it !!

Vicki, I'm glad to see you are still here! I remembered you sharing how well you had done at TOPS. I think I need to find out if my city has a group.

Liz !! I'm so thankful to see you here, too !!!

.. and Linda, thanks for unmasking the 'mystery' I'm praying for you, every day. I hope 'the girls' turn out to be just how you want them to be

For now, I'm just going to post my personal goals in the next post.

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

OK, I changed my pic...

This is Linda & I on our "blind date"
Old 01-30-2012, 05:25 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone,
I am so happy to be on day 4 on plan and the scale is cooperating. Funny how that works, huh? I was getting a bit worried because my weight had gotten up to the highest it has been since my 100 lb. weight loss. Thursday I was 180 and today am 176Thank you God.

My action plan/to do list for today is:
1. Post here.
2. Devotion time (will pray for all of you guys today too)
3. Attend an OA phone meeting
4. Do some picking up around the house
5. Do my assignment from my OA sponsor
6. Read from the AA Big Book
7. Call my sponsor
8. Log my food into ***********
9. Drink minimum of 64 oz. water

Be back later. Have a wonderrful blessed day.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Happy Monday Everyone!

Yes, I've been MIA but I'm here to live and fight another day! I'll admit that last week was hard for me on JUDDD. Last week I learned that UDs do not give me a pass to eat freely!

I need structure and limits on my carbs, especially simple ones! Today, I commit to staying within my calorie/carb limit and journaling my food in myfatsecret!

And DDs sigh, last Friday my DD was going great. On plan, hunger under control, but at the END of the day I CAVED! I was full but still Soooo hungry! Weird sensation. I fell into the donuts and had 2 (I didn't even like this kind either)

Looking back, there was some emotional stuff going on that day and I think that contributed to my downfall. When I'm feeling like that I must have a backup plan cuz that can't happen again!

Here are my weekly results:
1/9/12: 187.6
1/16/12: 183.4 (-4.2)
1/23/12 182.8 (-.6)
1/30/12: 183.0 (+.2)

Teresa: on Yogurt makers! I used to be an avid yogurt maker many moons ago. I first started with the jars, but they were a hassle! Then stepped up to my crockpot with a reostat dimmer inbetween the pot and the power cord and adjusted just right. In those days, I was making half gallon yogurt a week for just me and hubby! Lots of yo-cheese too! But now adays I don't make it more than a couple times a year. I have a cannister type Salton that makes 1 quart and works beautifully (I think it was pretty cheap!).

It's really a very simple gadget. Its only purpose is to keep the yogurt mixture at a steady warm temperature while the starter does the rest. If a batch doesn't turn out, it's likely because the starter was bad or you didn't perfectly follow protocol.

Linda: I'm glad your surgery went so well! And GOOD for you for staying on plan! I always appreciate your positive attitude!

Jaiyce: Way to go on the WL! Shopping for me has always been a great motivator to stay on plan! Congratulations on going to a "normal" store. That is a great Victory!!

Winifred: Sorry for your loss! Time is a great healer though! I think you have some good goals in place. Giving up the diet drinks is hard, but well worth it. Plus you save a lot of $$$ which you can use for SHOPPING for new smaller clothes!

Wishing a great on-program day for everyone!

----------------------------------
Lynn

~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Good morning!

STEPH.... Hey there!!! It made my day to see your posts!
I can't believe it has been 5 years! Where does time go???
I love the pix in your avi! You and Linda are beautiful!

Quote:
My DH has always struggled with his weight, and in December he had a gastric bypass. So, the weight is now flying off of him.. and I don't want to get left behind !!
That's awesome for him and a great motivator for you!
Quote:
I really am not doing a low carb plan, so I probably won't post my menu much. I hope you'll still let me come by for the support! 'Cause I need it !!
please feel free to post any menu.
We would LOVE for you to keep coming back for support!!!

Your goals look great! You can do it!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes I appreciate the thought but my bday was in September. DH had a recent bday.

LINDA.... I'm so glad your surgery went well
Quote:
I am so happy to be on day 4 on plan and the scale is cooperating.
WTG! That is fantastic!
Excellent goals!
thanks for steering Steph our way

LYNN....sorry you had a rough JUDD week. Even though you didn't have a perfect week on plan it does sound like you learned how to improve. That is always a good thing.
Journaling helps me a lot, thanks for the reminder. I used to do it daily. I would not only record my food intake but also my emotions, what was going on, TOM stuff, etc.
I could then go back and see interesting patterns-----> Hungry like a wolf around TOM
Quote:
at the END of the day I CAVED! I was full but still Soooo hungry! Weird sensation. I fell into the donuts and had 2 (I didn't even like this kind either)
I HATE feeling full but yet starving. I can totally relate.
I'm very impressed that you stopped at 2 donuts. That would have led me down a very dangerous path

JAIYCE....
Quote:
Well I have almost accomplished my goal of sticking in induction until Feb 6.... This will be 77 days of induction done! I am then going to add an apple...gosh I miss apples! I can't wait! I hope it goes well! I can't believe that's what I want! Not chips, but an apple!
WOW, that is INCREDIBLE!!! :noteworthy: You are doing so great! I apples. Have you thought about what you will eat with your apple? A lot of people seem to do well with consuming it with a bit of fat (goes so well with PB!)
Old 01-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lynn, I can so relate to the emotional eating. Recognizing it is the first step to change it. Turn it over to God, talk to a friend, come here to vent, write about it and most of all don't eat over it NO MATTER WHAT. By not turning to food it forces us to feel the feelings and then deal with them. There's a saying that I used a lot on my original plan which says "Life is in one hand and food in the other and we don't clap". Easier said than done I know. Lifting up a prayer for you now.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Liz, missed you. Glad you are back. Oh, BTW I am doing better on my connection goals. I actually took a step of faith on Sunday at church and connected with the head of our drama team. She has been announcing that they need female members. So I told her I was interested and will come to check them out on Thursday.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FONDA.... sorry you're struggling with finances. Have you seen this thread.....http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ver-menus.html

WINIFRED...I'm so sorry for your loss.:sprayer:

TERESA.... thanks for sharing your vit. experiments!
Quote:
However it will be a good kind of crazy because I've really been feeling the need for a change, and I'm definitely getting one! Reminder to self---be careful what you wish for!
:jump joy: YAY for the work change!!!
I'm excited for you!

Very interesting stuff you shared from the motivational speaker, thanks!

Quote:
One thing that he mentioned that keeps sticking in my head is this---(keep in mind I'm paraphrasing) according to a Harvard study negative thinking is not overcome by positive thinking---it's overcome by gratitude.

Quote:
At first I didn't give it a lot of thought and he really didn't talk much about that, just threw it out when talking about some other things...but it keeps coming back to me. I feel gratitude about a lot of things---but it's the easy things...people in my life, job, place to live, etc. I'm wondering if I need to find a way to feel gratitude about the things that I resent, hate, feel sorrow/pain about, etc. I know that sounds weird but maybe it simply comes down to finding the good in the bad so to speak...I mean the really bad, not just the day to day frustrations, upsets, etc. but the stuff that is actually life defining. I keep rejecting this idea....basically cause I don't like it ....which probably tells me it's something I need to think about....or more likely 'feel' about---but I'm not good at that.
Personally I have found that trying to find the good in the bad has been very healing. Dealing with my many preg losses (especially the late one) has been tough. but honestly I have found good in that. It has drawn DH and I closer. It has also made me realize that I am not a quitter and I will appreciate a child even more after so long and so many losses.
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Liz, missed you. Glad you are back. Oh, BTW I am doing better on my connection goals. I actually took a step of faith on Sunday at church and connected with the head of our drama team. She has been announcing that they need female members. So I told her I was interested and will come to check them out on Thursday.
Thanks Linda. I didn't realize how long it was since I posted. I've been keeping busy. I'll have to make time to check in.

WTG for making a connection! A drama team? Please keep us posted, sounds interesting.

I'm attending my first ever professional sports event. DH is DRAGGING me to a basketball game (NBA...memphis grizzlies). His colleague gave him free tickets (3rd row). I'm not into basketball but DH likes it so I will go.

I hope everyone has a good week!

I need to go run errands.
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Why, oh why, do I do this to myself. I know what works for me from my past experience concerning food, but for some reason in my quest for increasing my knowledge and tweaking my nutrition in the most opportune way, I have gotten in to reading everything and anything I can get my hands on. Therefore, I have induced confusion if there is such a thing.

I am finding conflicting information for example, I can read The Paleo Answer and there is research that is quoted and referred to that contradicts Vegetarianism or Veganism, yet, I can read The China Study and find quotes and references from studies of how eating meat is bad for you. My head is spinning.

I even mentioned in an earlier post that I was a Flexitarian! I guess, what difference does it make. I need to find what is right for ME and only ME.

Whatever my food plan is covers the physical aspect of my eating, but I still need to address my emotional and spiritual aspect too. So, I am going to do this with OA for now. I tried OA before and am still in a 12 step program. However, I need to define my "abstinence". Essentially what I have been doing despite the various nuances of an eating plan, I am staying away from sugar(s) and white/wheat flour(s).

On that note, I need to be gentle with myself as I rediscover what the heck I want to accomplish and how I am going to do that.

I am not sure if this made any sense to any of you, but it does to me.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lynn, I can so relate to the emotional eating. Recognizing it is the first step to change it. Turn it over to God, talk to a friend, come here to vent, write about it and most of all don't eat over it NO MATTER WHAT. By not turning to food it forces us to feel the feelings and then deal with them. There's a saying that I used a lot on my original plan which says "Life is in one hand and food in the other and we don't clap". Easier said than done I know. Lifting up a prayer for you now.

I am an emotional eater as well. Trying very hard to overcome it.

I am in better spirits today. My husband took the day off and took of some scrap metal so we should be ok until payday, and I should be getting a flex fund deposit tomorrow. Completed the 1 mile walk dvd on my break and now waiting for lunch - I am sooo hungry!

b- 3 scrambled eggs w/butter
l-chicken thighs (2) and green beans w/butter
s/d - vienna sausage and green beans w/butter
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Liz, thanks for the welcome back. It's good to be here

Linda, I remember that quote about 'and we don't clap'.. LOVE IT. It cracks me right up - but it's so true!

I just checked online & found out that there are TOPS meetings all around me! I'm going to go check one out Thursday morning

I will try to post personals when I can, but I might not be able to keep up with everyone I will try my best! But I found in the past I just couldn't keep up sometimes, and then I would stop coming to post. I've been told to keep posting anyways, so that's what I'm gonna do!

Hope you're all having a blessed day!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Liz, glad you are staying busy. I bet the game will be more fun than you think. I'm not a sports fan either but there's something about being there in the stands that's exciting, have fun.

Steph, no pressure about doing personals here. I usually get far behind posting and then just post. It's the accountability that helps.

Vicki, OA is my solution right now too. I was actually reading some of your posts from 9/09 when you were at goal. I say that not to make you feel bad but to remind you that you can get there again.

Later.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Linda, where are those posts????

Steph, welcome back.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good evening ladies!

I'm once again too pooped to post much and have a few more hours of work ahead of me before I get to go sleepies. But I wanted to make sure to stop in and say Hi and No---I haven't fallen in a vat of sugar! Eating has been great the last couple of days and I am probably safe for a couple more days---I tend to do well with eating when I'm stressing out about other stuff and trying to make deadlines. It's when the pressure is off that I think I'm most vulnerable.

Looks like everyone is checking in today---yay! And a special shout out to Sweetie Pie---

I'll be back to my normal annoying chatting mood in a couple of days...so enjoy the break!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi,I just drink my water plain most of the time,but if I need a taste to keep drinking I put a little lemon juice in it.

Breakfast was bacon and eggs
lunch grilled chicken leg quarter and collard greens

dinner grilled chicken and greens
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Had a bad start to my day. Planned to head home for a good b-fast after dropping off son to school, but forgot that I had made a coffee date w/ another mom.

Sooo.. ended up eating a bagel, w/ a little butter, and 2x cream in my coffee. Oy.

Then, it continued at lunch. I ate all the leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge. With lots of butter. Lots.

Back on track for dinner with a measured stirfry.

So, tonight I FORCED myself to log it all. Normally I wouldn't, and I would just breate myself for the next few days. But, I logged it all. And, as it turns out, I was over by 440 cal, which is not nearly as bad as I expected it to be.

So, back on track tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Linda, where are those posts????

Steph, welcome back.
KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON ~~~SEPTEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Good evening ladies!

I'm once again too pooped to post much and have a few more hours of work ahead of me before I get to go sleepies. But I wanted to make sure to stop in and say Hi and No---I haven't fallen in a vat of sugar! Eating has been great the last couple of days and I am probably safe for a couple more days---I tend to do well with eating when I'm stressing out about other stuff and trying to make deadlines. It's when the pressure is off that I think I'm most vulnerable.

Looks like everyone is checking in today---yay! And a special shout out to Sweetie Pie---

I'll be back to my normal annoying chatting mood in a couple of days...so enjoy the break!
Glad you checked in and that your food is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie_pie View Post
Had a bad start to my day. Planned to head home for a good b-fast after dropping off son to school, but forgot that I had made a coffee date w/ another mom.

Sooo.. ended up eating a bagel, w/ a little butter, and 2x cream in my coffee. Oy.

Then, it continued at lunch. I ate all the leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge. With lots of butter. Lots.

Back on track for dinner with a measured stirfry.

So, tonight I FORCED myself to log it all. Normally I wouldn't, and I would just breate myself for the next few days. But, I logged it all. And, as it turns out, I was over by 440 cal, which is not nearly as bad as I expected it to be.

So, back on track tomorrow.
No beating yourself up. Tomorrow's a new day. I didn't do as well either today. I was grazing again. It's hard being home all day and not being able to do anything yet after surgery.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No beating yourself up. Tomorrow's a new day.
YES! IT IS! So thankful for that! Gonna make it a good one
Old 01-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you God for this day and help all my LCF to have an on plan day filled with your blessings.

Off to get on with my day. I'll check back later.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Hello Ladies!

Linda & Liz: A special thank-you for the support you gave me in regards to my off-plan emotional eating! Those words meant so much to me, knowing that someone took the time to respond and care!

Because of that I was able to renew my fortitude and had a great DD yesterday. On track today on my UD logging my foods and watching the calories.

Steph: Welcome and looking forward to getting to know you!

Fonda:: Good for you for walking inspite of your worries. Lifting up a prayer for you ! Your menu looks delish BTW!

Liz: I am certain that there is a child needing a loving home waiting just for you! People thought we were crazy when we adopted given my DD background and extreme abuse (almost to death). But I have to tell you its my husband and I who feel totally blessed. It's amazing to see her adjust, grow, love, recover, and become my loving daughter. And not only that but I have grown tremendously as a person through this journey! God is good all of the time! I can't wait to hear about your process when you start.

Teresa: : Miss you, my dear! Hope the work stress eases soon! I've been there done that with job deadlines and sometimes it seems like it will never end!

And to the rest of my friends, I hope each of you is having a GREAT on-plan day!

Lynn

LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbMe View Post
Hello Ladies!
Because of that I was able to renew my fortitude and had a great DD yesterday. On track today on my UD logging my foods and watching the calories.

Lynn

Woohoo

I'm having a great, on plan day. God is really speaking to me today about having faith in time of adversity. Yesterday I got really down because my cousin's best friend who I've met and spent time with found out she has stomach cancer. The tumor is so large that it is wrapped around an artery and they cannot do anything but chemo and don't know yet what the prognosis is but it doesn't sound good. Then, the lady who lead my ladies bible study told me her brother who we have been praying for is trying to get into an experimental treatment program. He had melanoma and had his leg amputated last year. I don't know any more except that you don't fly somewhere to try to get into an experimental treatment program unless there is no hope. Then there was the horrific accident here in Florida. And, my baby, Romeo (our cat) who is a diabetic and had his colon removed has been having diarrhea for over a month and has been on several rounds of antibiotics and numerous tests, we are trying different food and then next week if that doesn't work he will be scoped. BUT, God is in control and it is easy to have faith in the good times but this is where the rubber meets the road. So, I am just trusting God to work these things out.

Whew, I didn't expect to say all that. Off to my ladies Bible study soon.

Theresa, did you decide on a yogurt maker?