Old 01-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitable Amy View Post
Hey everyone. Sorry i've been mia. After I got sick I fell off plan and really haven't been back on. No excuse. Just didn't do what I said I would. I'm not going to be hard on myself. My expectations of perfection have caused me to beat myself too many times. I refuse to start that cycle again.

I'm back on plan Monday.Since I went so long off induction, I'm going to restart it. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow and plan my meals. I wasn't planning enough and went the easy route of fast food. Live and learn, right? I now know I need to plan plan plan.

Here's to healthy eating.
Amy
Been there, done that, and still doing it (MIA not on plan) when the heck will I get on plan
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hi everyone,

I think I am coming down with a cold...blah! I don't have time for this!

So today the scale showed 229.... BThat's a couple days, so I am hoping it's here and not going back up!

I don't think I ate enough today, was too hungry by dinner...tomorrow I need to focus that better...

Question, is anyone else cold while in ketosis? I am naturally a hot temperature type person but ever since this I am so cold!

Healthylowcarbin- your post about dinner made me spit out my water I laughed so hard! Let's hope it was chicken.....or at least Rat is low carb!

Got2- I hope your kiddies are better soon!

Lowcarbme- you sure are rocking this plan! What is a MD day?

Teresa- good luck with your experiment! You still didn't mention if the dates or the banana won! are you planning to try JUDD? I can't imagine the frustration of those last pounds! Your numbers are so inspiring!

My project is going well....if any of you have time drop by our website( no pressure)
Hair Massacure
We are 10 sleeps away and I say sleeps but I am not sure how much we will get
!
Breakfast-2eggs and 1sausage
Lunch -stuffed pepper
Snack-2 cheese slices
Dinner- chicken with mushroom sauce and salad
Snack-cheesecake slice

Last edited by Jaiyce; 01-24-2012 at 11:30 PM..
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Vicki- you can do this, just plan to be on track one day at a time, like your signature says!
Old 01-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning and Happy Hump Day!

Lynn---yeah, I'm pretty sure I need to stay away from the tablet/caplet kinds of vitamins too. So here's my newest in the vitamin saga... I usually take a 500mg magnesium with dinner. Last night I decided to instead take an equal amount of the powdered Now brand mag citrate. 2 hours later....I had the...ummm, runs. I suppose it could be the difference between mag citrate and the regular mag I take---but it has to make me wonder if the regular mag I take is doing anything for me??? So tonight I will be testing out all of my vitamins. You know---if they aren't working I'm not going to replace them all. I have a nutritional profile done through blood work each year before surgery and the only thing that has ever been low is the vit D so if they are all crap---then I probably don't even need them. So maybe I'll just invest in a really good multi and continue with the D3's. I know the soft gel D3's must have worked because when I was tanked out on D that is what I took and several months later I was tested again and has in a great range. Hmmmm....it is all so crazy. But honestly the thought of only taking a couple of supps daily instead of like 10 is very appealing to me! Plus really, I overall eat very healthy so I should be getting what I need from the foods I eat....right? Oh---and as far as knowing if your non-tablet type vitamins are any good, when I was searching for how to do the vitamin testing I saw lots of info on different brands and types of vitamins and various testing that has been done on them to determine their effectiveness. You might want to try checking out your brands and see what you come up with. Before I commit to buying some new ones I will definitely be doing my research!

Fonda---ugg, a family of sickies does not sound fun, especially when you are ill as well. If you don't feel better very soon it sounds like you might need to see the Dr and get an antibiotic yourself! Don't worry about exercise or eating perfectly on plan right now....just make the best choices that you can. This is just one of those little bumps in the journey---there are definitely lots of them!

Liz---I haven't tried any TJ's vitamins....maybe I'll check that out. to DH---hope you guys had a great time celebrating! So how are you doing? Are you getting settled into the new house and city? Found any cool sites/stores/etc. to explore?

Vicki---today is the day!!! How about pick a plan for today that you can stick with? Maybe it won't be your life plan, but just one for today. Have you looked into CAD at all? Not sure what your current struggles are but I know in the past you've said that you do well all day and then eat junk when you get home. Maybe you could use CAD to kind of structure that and make it fit into your plan? A few days of that and you might be feeling back in control and ready to make another change.....or maybe you would even decide that you love CAD and it's the plan for you? Regardless of whether you are on plan or not---we miss you and want to know how it's going so please keep posting!!

Jaiyce---yay on the 229 now, are we supposed to be giving you a whipping though for getting on that scale? Or is your time up? Or have you decided to go back and be like most of the rest of us and just climb aboard that stupid thing every day?

I went with the banana and pb--and I only ate half. I am seriously thinking about JUDDD but I'm also thinking about the Optimal Diet (my version--not the original). I know that I don't want to do either of those for life, but cutting carbs and/or calories is not working any more. My body has gotten really stubborn so I think I'm going to have to shake it up for a bit.

I checked out the website--it's beautiful in a very moving sort of way. Wow---when you said you were a project manager I assumed it was for the basic corporate kind of stuff, I had no idea that it was for something like this. What a rewarding, emotional and important job you have!! How did you get involved with this project? Have you been impacted by a child with cancer? Although not cancer, my oldest sister died when we were little of aplastic anemia. In her day it was not treatable....well not successfully anyway. But with research and people like you and your team---doing what you do---treatment is now highly successful! So for many reasons what you are doing is so admirable to me!

Alright, so last night I had a little meltdown, although I'm not exactly sure why. Half a tub of pb later (yes, that would be 1600 cals )and I felt better. Not full sadly, but satiated and not interested in pursuing a binge (I know for most people that would be considered a binge---for me it doesn't even come close ). Today the scale was down .8. Not sure why large quantities of pb does that for me, but since this is the 3rd time in a few months that it's happened---I'm starting to consider doing an all pb diet. Perhaps it was the results of the mag citrate....but seriously my body is just doing some weird things lately. I wish I could figure out what the heck it wants. As much as I would love to believe that it wants tons of pb every night....I'm pretty sure that's not it.

I have a 1.5 day offsite meeting starting tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to it as I have a ton of performance reviews that I need to get completed and this is just going to mean that I have to spend more time in the office or working at home this weekend. But--I will get to see some co-workers from other states that I haven't seen in awhile and we are having dinner at a great place tomorrow night---so I'll try to just enjoy the perks of the next couple of days.

Have a great day ladies---and please check in! Don't think if you're struggling you shouldn't be here---that's when you need to be here the most!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Jaiyce---I forgot to answer your question on getting cold. I did not notice getting cold in ketosis. I did have problems getting cold after losing large amounts of weight but I think it was just my body getting used to missing all the insulation!

A couple of thoughts---it could be just because it is extremely cold there! It could be related to not eating enough---the whole starvation theory kind of thing. I know starvation theory sounds extreme but it really just means that your body has X amount of things to do with it's energy and if there isn't enough energy to do it all then it has a system of deciding which things it won't do or will minimally do---heating your body beyond what is absolutely necessary might be one of them. Burning fat (which by the way tends to keep you warm) is one that I have read is often at the bottom of the hierararchy when it comes to what your body does with energy.

When I think of being cold---or colder than I should be for the given situation---it makes me suspect that my metabolism is not in high gear (which fits for me with the whole 'starvation theory' thing---I really wish there was a better name for that! ). I could be wrong, it's just a hunch. If you have any coconut oil, you might want to add a 'dose' or two of that to your day and see if that warms you up. If so--I'd say it's not ketosis that is making you cold, but something else like not getting enough food or not getting enough of the right foods for you.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Off to surgery, prayers please.
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Good morning everyone!

I'm continuing to make progress on my New Year's resolution to become more social and to step outside of my comfort zones.
I went to my first social card game and had a blast! We played a game called, "oh hell" I really enjoyed the conversations & meeting new people!
I have plans to meet a wife of DH's colleague tomorrow for lunch AND I am attending a big cocktail party on Saturday (DH's work).
Whew.... it feels SO good to join the human race again.
After I quit work to try and build our family I became so reclusive.

I believe that creating a life outside of food and fertility is the key to my mental and physical health.

VICKI....
Quote:
Been there, done that, and still doing it (MIA not on plan) when the heck will I get on plan
I'm glad to see you posting.
I KNOW you can get on plan AND get to goal. I've seen you do it before. You were a real inspiration and I remember cheering you on week after week.
What were you doing when you successfully got to goal????
What plan were you following? I don't remember your food plan but I do remember your determination.

TERESA....
Quote:
ave a nutritional profile done through blood work each year before surgery and the only thing that has ever been low is the vit D so if they are all crap---then I probably don't even need them. So maybe I'll just invest in a really good multi and continue with the D3's.
I think if you plan to eliminate some now is an ideal time since you will be having blood work drawn prior to surgery. Your blood work was good previously but that was with vitamins/supplements. It would be good to have a comparison blood work without the additional sups.
Quote:
I overall eat very healthy so I should be getting what I need from the foods I eat....right?
ITA!

Quote:
to DH---hope you guys had a great time celebrating! So how are you doing? Are you getting settled into the new house and city? Found any cool sites/stores/etc. to explore?
thanks! We didn't do much for his birthday but he got what he wanted ....a foot massage while eating sugar free chocolate cake and ice cream. that is his idea of HEAVEN

I'm loving the Memphis area! I've found the closest costco, walmart and super targets. Those are my primary shopping experiences. There are some small boutique shops in my neighborhood which I may check out. They seem pricey but I can always just look
Memphis has a very high crime rate so I hesitate to explore in the city too much. I've signed up with a social group that explores the city together. I'm looking forward to that.

Sorry about the PB meltdown but BRAVO on not letting it turn into a binge:noteworthy:
Do you think that this...
Quote:
I'm really not looking forward to it as I have a ton of performance reviews that I need to get completed
may have contributed to your meltdown?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LINDA.... MANY hugs and prayers!!! Please check in as soon as you can.
I'm excited for you to get this done! You're gonna be even more fabulous!
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JAIYCE.... I hope you don't get a cold.

BIG CONGRATS on 229!!!!! that is AWESOME!!!
I love the feeling of hitting a new weight decade!

Quote:
I don't think I ate enough today, was too hungry by dinner...tomorrow I need to focus that better
I have to watch it if I become too hungry because it can turn into a major eat-a-thon. Good job on focusing on improving your food plan.
Quote:
Question, is anyone else cold while in ketosis?
I get cold when losing weight. I'm not sure if it is from loss of insulation or if it is my body trying to slow down metabolism due to decreased food intake/weight loss.
Quote:
Let's hope it was chicken.....or at least Rat is low carb!
You know, that WAS my thought! If it is animal it must be low carb, right? So I didn't blow my diet even if I ate (AUO) animal of unknown origins!

Quote:
My project is going well....if any of you have time drop by our website( no pressure)
Hair Massacure
We are 10 sleeps away and I say sleeps but I am not sure how much we will get
!
WOW, thank you for sharing the website and thank you for the work that you do!

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-25-2012 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Good Morning Friends!

DD day for me today here is my menu:

B: Warm Mocha pudding
L: Chocolate Skillet Bread
D: Turkey Sausage Scramble
Sn: Lemonade slushy with SF Strawberry syrup.

On DD I try not to think too much about food or do much preparation. My menu stays rather constant. Gonna try a peeled lemon on my DDs. At only 17 calories, it's a real bargain.

I gotta start having a bit more structure on my UD though! On the UpDayDownDay site it states about UDs:

You will be free to eat as much as you would like (without intentionally overeating) as well as the kind of food that you would like. It's important to enjoy Up Days in order to avoid the diet fatigue that often sets in when following other weight loss plans.

Well he can't mean that too literally cuz I can eat alot of high calorie food untentionally!

My UDs are suppose to be at 1800 calories and I know I've been too indulging on foods that I normally NEVER eat. Some complex carbs and some simple carbs! I've gotta come up with a structured plan that rewards me for my DD but within reason!

I think Teresa is right about why you get cold. Somthing about metabolism slowing because on my DD I am freezing! I think the problem is compounded because I have thyroid issues. On UD no problem warm as can be!

Vicki: I wish I had just the right words for you to spark your motivation! Please come back and post everyday!

Jaiyce:: A MD is a middle day where you come in at about 1000 calories. It's convenient to have on those days where it s/b a DD but you have some event. I like them because it keeps the UD/DD on a regular rotation. On the downside, you are basically eating 2 days in a row which affects appetite suppression.

Checked out the website and WOW so inspiring! Must be neat to have a job knowing that you are contributing to humanity! Probably all your timeline pressure at work is helping to contribute to your cold! And working under stress also makes it hard to diet! Even with all that it sounds like your doing great but make sure your eating enough!

Teresa:: On your diet plan, you could do both! On your UD you could follow the Optimal Diet to your liking with maybe a few extras and do the regular DDs. I'm finding that I really need to find structure on my UD cuz it's just too easy (and fun) to overdo.

I'm with you on the supplement issues. Last year I've pared down quite a bit to just the ones I consider helpful. I don't even take a multi because I feel I eat healthy enough. I do need my fish oil for my HDL and a calcium for my bones and of course D3 but that's the core of my supplements. Less is more!

Linda:: I miss your posts. Please check back in often!

Fonda:: Sorry to hear about your family illnesses. This too will pass! Just take care of yourself for now!

Liz:: Your post made me choke on my coffee!
Too funny about the tandori chicken! I hope you were able to enjoy the other outing! Good for you for staying on plan!
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LYNN.... I forgot to answer your question. I'm far from a weight loss expert but I'll share my experiences anyways

Quote:
Question for those Weight Loss Experts: When I'm about to lose some weight my body feels rather flu-like i.e. achy muscles and it can last for 3-4 days. After I lose the weight everything feels fine again. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anything that can help?
Yep, I've felt like that before. It is most extreme for me when doing atkins' induction (induction flu) however I have felt it on other weight loss plans as well.

I find that increasing my water consumption, taking an ibuprofen/aleve and taking a hot bath all help.

I hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA.... sorry I missed your post earlier....
Quote:
As for my BIG reward---boobs! Not big ones, but mine are a mess. This is something that I never really thought I would do. Surgery's for me have been more about 'need' (although I know some would rightfully argue that getting rid of skin is not a need) but this is a 'want' which I didn't even really think that I wanted all that badly....but suddenly I do. So---while he is finishing up the upper body work I'm thinking I might just have that done as well!
Sounds like a fantastic reward!
Would you get implants or just a lift?

What upper body work are you doing?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Linda: Lifting up a prayer for your surgery today! May you have safe and comfortable surgery and a speedy recovery. I pray that God will hold your hand and bring you comfort during this time!
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, I was basically low to moderate carbs if I remember right. I have been dabbling with many different things over the past year or long since weight rebound that I am so confused! I am even looking in to OA again.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

Linda- praying for you! Hope your surgery went well! Let us know!

Lowcarbme- I find your plan really interesting, I don't know much about it, so does it cycle through low, ups and middle days?

Teresa- your PB diet sounds good... Gosh I am a major PB addict! I wish! All kidding aside I am sorry you had a breakdown, but you sure deserve one now and then, your accomplishments are massive! I am sure you will dust yourself off ( not with peanut butter okay!) and keep fighting! You will win!
I am so sorry to hear about your sister! kids should not suffer or be lost to illnesses like these!

Thanks for the advice on the cold thing, I think I had my thoughts that ketosis makes you cold and it must mean its going good. I struggle with a slow thyroid and have always had the excessive overheating issue, so this is strange...and it is darn cold here... Although last winter I didn't even wear coats often, if that tells you how hot I always was!

Healthylowcarbin- good for you making so much social progress already and we are only 25 days into the year! It's true that women tend to become reclusive at home, I did to...when I went to work ( when my youngest was in grade 1) I listened to my voice mail over and over just to hear it was about me! Not someone's wife or mom(although I love that roll too) its nice to have friends and be out there!

Thanks for checking out the website. I am so fortunate to be in this job, I left the corporate world as Maketing Rep for McDonald's to take this because I was offered a job focusing on my passion...how lucky is that? Scary too though! My daughter did not have cancer but she suffered with many serious medical issues that resulted in 18 surgeries and being told she would never eat or drink again when she was 3. It was a horrible year and her not being able to eat I think I decided to use food as comfort as I gained 80 pounds. However she is much better now, is still tube fed for drinks but can eat most food, now she is 12. We are so blessed and she has it so much better than so many kids we hear about, because she is ok. When she was 9 her doctor nominated her for a wish and she was ecstatic, it changed her. I am forever grateful that this gave her so much hope and confidence and ability to fight on! Her wish was to meet the Jonas Brothers, they flew the whole family to the Bahammas to meet them it was a dream and gift beyond words. So I feel pretty lucky to be able to work for this event, the event funds 5 labs that focus on research of cancers in children and we are learning so much!...sorry to go on so long....that's the shortest nutshell I could put it in!

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

OK---posted a huge long post to everyone and about my vitamin testing and lost it all. On a quick break and then back to the marathon meeting so hopefully I will catch you all tonight or if not then tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I'm happy to report that I've lost 3.5lbs! I'm not sure of my exact start date but it has been a bit over a week. The cool thing is that I was able to eat out (mystery meat chicken tandoori AND a 14oz filet steak)

I lost over 90lbs doing low/moderate carb. I know it works but I have an unfortunate tendency to over think things. I start reading other peoples' WOE and if it sounds easier, faster or sexier I'm all over it.

TERESA....ACK on the lost post I hope you get a chance to repost today! I'm interested to read your vitamin testing.
I'm so sorry that you lost your oldest sister.

JAIYCE... what an incredible blessing to be able to work at something you are passionate about and to do so much good for others!
You're a brave lady to make that transition from corporate McDonalds to a charitable organization.
Thank you for sharing your daughter's story. It breaks my heart to read what she went through. But it is incredible to read that she is now doing well AND she got to meet the Jonas Brothers That made my day!

VICKI...
Quote:
Liz, I was basically low to moderate carbs if I remember right. I have been dabbling with many different things over the past year or long since weight rebound that I am so confused! I am even looking in to OA again.
I'm right there with you on the dabbling.
I tried to look back at old posts when we were posting on the other challenge to see your diet and I was unable to pull it up.
I thought you did moderate carbs.

LINDA...thinking of you and lifting a prayer for you :sprayer: I hope you are doing well.

LYNN... how are you doing with JUDD?
That chocolate skillet bread sounds really good. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-26-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Old 01-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all. Too pooped to read or post much...it was a lonnnnng day! But I needed to hold myself accountable and come say my eating today was horrendous! So I'm currently packing up food to take to work tomorrow so I stay away from all the meeting foods/treats. It's weird because if I had thought about it I would have realized I would be surrounded by tons of goodies all day and could have been mentally prepared, but I really didn't give it a thought...until I got there. I held out until lunch and then joined in the eating festival. Then---a half a glass of wine with dinner tonight and all thoughts of ending the night decently food wise went out the window. And I don't even like wine! And is it common to get tipsy on a half a glass of wine??? I'm not a wine drinker but now I understand why so many people are 'winos' cause it was a quick buzz and I totally let loose and had lots of fun. Yikes.

So I am getting ready to go to bed and committing to tomorrow being a good healthy eating kind of day! Most everything I ate was delicious, lots of homemade and even some 'healthier' type goodies not processed junk---but it really wasn't worth the constant feeling of being on the verge of being out of control.....and being angry at myself. Tomorrow is going to be crazy too but I will check in when I can and try to recreate my big long lost post from this morning.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your prayers. Surgery went well and I was really peaceful before surgery and I know that was God. After having open heart surgery almost a year ago now I was very fearful about going through general anesthesia even though I had cardiac clearance. I cannot do exercise classes for 6 weeks and was hoping to start walking but the surgeon warned me today that walking means a STROLL and he stressed a listen to the bird stroll and no more or I am risking my incision to open and start bleeding. He says that it's people like me who are overachievers that get in trouble. So, I certainly want to heal and do well so I'm actually not going to even stroll until I see him next week. I also need to concentrate more this week on getting my eating in order. I have pretty much been eating when and what I want and it's not good.

Vicki, I'm right there with you sweetie but we can do this. We've done it before. I'm going to go back to what I know works for me which is to log my food into *********** and have structure. I can look back on the menus for the days I did so well and just copy them to the current date. Vicki, can you think back to when you did the best. It seems to me that you did the best when you were in TOPS. You were consistently losing and you lost every week. I know that you want it to come off quickly but I always admired your ability to be consistent with steady losses and you DID get to goal.

Tomorrow's my day to get serious. I have no excuse now as I have the time and don't work next week and can't exercise so I can concentrate on my food.

Lynne, did I miss the coconut pancake recipe I asked about. If so, would you post it again. I think it was you who posted it in her menu.

Going to go now to log my food in for tomorrow, print it out and stick with it.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Hi all. Too pooped to read or post much...it was a lonnnnng day! But I needed to hold myself accountable and come say my eating today was horrendous! So I'm currently packing up food to take to work tomorrow so I stay away from all the meeting foods/treats. It's weird because if I had thought about it I would have realized I would be surrounded by tons of goodies all day and could have been mentally prepared, but I really didn't give it a thought...until I got there. I held out until lunch and then joined in the eating festival. Then---a half a glass of wine with dinner tonight and all thoughts of ending the night decently food wise went out the window. And I don't even like wine! And is it common to get tipsy on a half a glass of wine??? I'm not a wine drinker but now I understand why so many people are 'winos' cause it was a quick buzz and I totally let loose and had lots of fun. Yikes.

So I am getting ready to go to bed and committing to tomorrow being a good healthy eating kind of day! Most everything I ate was delicious, lots of homemade and even some 'healthier' type goodies not processed junk---but it really wasn't worth the constant feeling of being on the verge of being out of control.....and being angry at myself. Tomorrow is going to be crazy too but I will check in when I can and try to recreate my big long lost post from this morning.
Tomorrow's a new day Just remember that we wake up "on plan" because we wake up without food in our mouth so it will be our choice as to whether we choose to have an on plan day or not and it sounds like you've already made that decision. Wine for me is a killer too but it takes a little more than a half a glass, but not much more to get me tipsy
Old 01-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
Hey everybody!

I'm happy to report that I've lost 3.5lbs! I'm not sure of my exact start date but it has been a bit over a week. The cool thing is that I was able to eat out (mystery meat chicken tandoori AND a 14oz filet steak)
That's FABULOUS
Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jaiyce, thanks for sharing your incredible story about your daughter. WOW, you have both been through so much. I'm so happy to hear she got her wish and is doing well.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday!!! Where is everyone today? We're not taking the day off, right? I've got a good start to my day eating right on plan and feeling good after being 2 days postop. In fact, too good and really want to get out and do something but know that I need to rest to heal and recover. Hope someone checks in soon.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda, you are right, I was going to TOPS, hmmmm and Liz, yes moderate carbs. About a year ago I tried to find our old posts too but couldn't find them then.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, nobody else today, really? off to bed, feeling depressed tonight, probably the anesthesia. good day with my food.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi ,just checking in I'm feeling a little better today after the funeral yesterday,Its still gonna take time.Her daughters and sons have been so nice to me,beimg that I'm on a walker and could not be with them most of the time.They even had corsages made for the daughters to wear and called my husband to come get mine.All I can say is God is so good.Through the good and the bad I just thank him,he knows best.

Linda I'm glad to see you posting,but you take it easy.Don't over do it even when you feel good,take it slow.I pray that God will bless you with a speedy recovery.

My goal for the next 3 weeks is more excerise and more water,no diet drinks.My son's gonna bbq chicken tomorrow and i'm gonna see what else I can put on the grill so I'll have meat cooked for most of the week.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama sunshine View Post
Hi ,just checking in I'm feeling a little better today after the funeral yesterday,Its still gonna take time.Her daughters and sons have been so nice to me,beimg that I'm on a walker and could not be with them most of the time.They even had corsages made for the daughters to wear and called my husband to come get mine.All I can say is God is so good.Through the good and the bad I just thank him,he knows best.

Linda I'm glad to see you posting,but you take it easy.Don't over do it even when you feel good,take it slow.I pray that God will bless you with a speedy recovery.

My goal for the next 3 weeks is more excerise and more water,no diet drinks.My son's gonna bbq chicken tomorrow and i'm gonna see what else I can put on the grill so I'll have meat cooked for most of the week.
Funerals are just sad period even if we know our loved ones are with the Lord, we still have to get over the pain of the loss.
Great Idea about cooking some extra protein on the grill while cooking the chicken. Maybe do some hamburger patties and freeze them. Also, if you can eat Italian sausage or bratwurst, that is good cooked on the grill as well.

Day 2 for me today on plan which is a blessing as I seem to have a hard time getting a roll going lately. Praying for a good day again today.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!!

Sorry for my absence. Crazy busy and in a pissy mood yesterday but feeling better today. As far as my committing to eat well yesterday---I didn't. I suck. So today will be better---has to cause I really don't like feeling crappy.

I'll be back tonight to catch up. Getting ready to go into the office and will likely be there for many many hours....and probably tomorrow too. I was hoping by Feb 1st there would be a break in things and it would slow down but just found out some stuff that actually means it will be quite the opposite---this next couple of months are going to be crazy. However it will be a good kind of crazy because I've really been feeling the need for a change, and I'm definitely getting one! Reminder to self---be careful what you wish for! If for no other reason I am looking forward to surgery this spring just to get a couple of weeks off! However if I don't get the eating under control and get some lbs off there will be no surgery--so I need to get with it!!!

Hey---anyone have a yogurt maker? I've been trying to check them out on line but haven't had much time....looking for some good recommendations. I want it to be easy to use, store and clean--and of course work well! I want to be able to make regular as well as Greek yogurts in it. I don't want the kind with multiple jars---at least I don't think I do although I could possibly be swayed! Anyway, looking for any 'real people' testimonials you might have.

And one last thing---we had a motivational speaker in the marathon meeting who talked to us about leadership development. Lots of good reminders and I really enjoyed him. His whole focus was to put the focus on us, not those we are leading. Basically if we are not in a good place (not just at work but in our lifes) than that will reflect in where/how we lead others kind of concept. One thing that he mentioned that keeps sticking in my head is this---(keep in mind I'm paraphrasing) according to a Harvard study negative thinking is not overcome by positive thinking---it's overcome by gratitude. At first I didn't give it a lot of thought and he really didn't talk much about that, just threw it out when talking about some other things...but it keeps coming back to me. I feel gratitude about a lot of things---but it's the easy things...people in my life, job, place to live, etc. I'm wondering if I need to find a way to feel gratitude about the things that I resent, hate, feel sorrow/pain about, etc. I know that sounds weird but maybe it simply comes down to finding the good in the bad so to speak...I mean the really bad, not just the day to day frustrations, upsets, etc. but the stuff that is actually life defining. I keep rejecting this idea....basically cause I don't like it ....which probably tells me it's something I need to think about....or more likely 'feel' about---but I'm not good at that.

OK---need to quit procrastinating and get my buns going. Have a nice day ladies!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Theresa, glad you are feeling better today. Give yourself a break. We can't always expect to feel on top of the world every day. That's what I'm telling myself about feeling a bit depressed. It's OK to not feel 100% great all the time. I have a Salton yogurt maker but it does have the individual jars and I'm not sure how to make Greek yogurt in it. Let me know if you find a better one. I guess I could google making Greek yogurt in a Salton yogurt maker and see what I find.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't have a yogurt maker, but I did try making my own a couple of times a ways back. I used a heating pad and an insulated chest. one batch worked out the other didn't and I didn't feel it was worth the hassle actually. Now a yogurt maker may be a different matter.