LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning!

Fonda---yeah, on the loose skin, it's definitely better than the excess weight! You never know, you might not have a big issue. Also, don't know if you've ever checked or not but you might be one of the lucky ones that has insurance that will pay (I unfortunately am one of the unlucky ones in that department ). But truly, if I couldn't have afforded it, I would still rather have the loose skin. In hind site if that were the case I would have been OK if I had stopped losing around 170-180---up until that point the skin was unpleasant, but with a little effort I could pretty much 'hide' it.

Have a nice long weekend! Too bad on missing one of DS's games, but I think it's awesome that you have been to all the others--yay you! And hey, since you won't be there to see it you can spend time with him afterwards filling you in on all the details.

Liz---sounds like you are doing great with eating and social activities! I haven't done anything with regards to meet up yet. Probably won't until later this spring. Need to get through the next month or so at work before I will have much time, and then after that I suspect I will be busy planning for surgery, recovering, etc., so late spring will probably be the soonest.

On the Paula thing--I think when your fame and fortune comes from your fans, then your fans kinda get to dictate what they want to know and how they feel about it. It's sad, personally I hate seeing this star or that politician or whoever getting thrown in jail or sent off to rehab or just having their name drug through the mud--those are such personal and painful things and hard enough to deal with without all the publicity. But it's the price you get to pay for being in the spotlight. I do think it's really interesting in the last few months she has divulged the diabetes thing, as well as that she is a smoker. I have to wonder if there is a reason she is going public with these things right now....? Whatever it is, me likes her cooking regardless of what vices or illnesses she may have.

Jaiyce---omg, 35 below?? I was just whining to a co-worker how I HATE winter and I can't stand the cold but we are only at like 0 today....I don't even want to think about 35 below! We're in for a nasty little storm tomorrow and the winds are going to be bad so with the windchill we may get that low very soon.

Ohhhh, that darn scale! I hate it when they don't behave! Have you been taking measurements or doing progress pics? How are the clothes fitting? We will definitely give you a little whipping if you step on the scale sooner than planned!

And by the way----what exactly is a cheese salad??

Nothing at all new here---just cold, cranky and not wanting to work. Usually I'm excited for Thursdays cause the weekend is almost here.....but since I suspect I will be working most of it, not so excited. Still eating well and trying to figure out how to get some pounds off---but can't seem to get the scale to budge. I really don't get it. I'm really proud however that I haven't just thrown in the towel and had a big ole binge---that would be my typical response anymore to being stuck--so that is definitely progress. I made a 'deal' with myself for a very BIG reward if I can get to the low 50's by Spring. I don't usually do the reward thing for weight loss, but I need some motivation to keep trying.

With all the mentions of the medi plan---now I'm going to have to go look it up. When I hear low fat I automatically know it's not for me, but I still love to look at other plans and see if there are things/foods/tips/etc. that I can 'steal' from them!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Good Morning Ladies!

Sounds like we are rockin our WOE!

Yesterday was a DD for me and I couldn't believe it -- it was much easier. I never gave much credence to the "JUDDD Magic". I thought ya right maybe for other people.

And still skeptical that it will continue but yesterday was a breeze and I felt really great. The hunger was different, kinda in the background so you could ignore it pretty much! Now I have a better understanding of how folks can go really low
(>500) Not sayin that I can or want to but ....

Here was my menu for yesterday:

B: Coconut Pancakes with WW syrup.
L: Tuna with LF mayo, spicy cucumbers & lettuce
D: Chicken Nuggets with more spicy cucumbers
SN: Chocolate concoction

On DD I concentrate on getting protein and fiber in so that pretty much means eating LF/LC for M, Wed, Friday cuz 500 - 600 calories really adds up fast. But on my UD I eat pretty much LC (with a fruit or maybe a slice of double fiber whole wheat bread).

Typically, I really hate LF chicken breast because it's so dry and nasty tasting. But I found a wonderful way to cook it that makes it edible! Note that I take No credit for this method:

Chicken Nuggets the LowFat/LowCarb Way
Cut skinless chicken breast in nugget size pieces.
Heavily coat with your favorite spices ( I use paprika, garlic powder mostly).
Toss in a medium heat nonstick pan (no spray)
Stir and cook just until no more pink. (There is actually enough fat in chicken breast to cook this way! Who knew? )

The spices make a coating for the chicken so it comes out nugget-like.

Today an UD for me that started with scrambled eggs in butter and cream cheese and 2 slices of bacon. Yum!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

----------------------------------
Lynn

~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tgrant0613
Stats: 284/261/125
WOE: Basic Lo Carb
Start Date: Feb/2013 (restart)
*Tammys Wednesday*

Hi Everyone!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful on-plan day! Congrats to everyone who is doing well! And to those who are struggling.... just hang in there and don't give up - U can do it!!!! We are all in this together and I'm so thankful for this board even tho I'm still trying to figure out where to put my posts lol

I was down another lb. yesterday; I have given up my fav sf cappuccino; I am staying around 20 net carbs per day. I am not having hunger pains or carb cravings! I am also creeping in more water... babysteps lol.

B: Very thin ham/cheese slices.
L: Unbreaded Chicken tenderloins; brussel sprouts.
S: Chicken bites.
D: Dbl Chsbrger w/ lettuce,tomato,onion-no bread
tgrant0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hello Everyone
I hope you had a great day, it was freezing here still, but better at -28

Lowcarbme- your recipe sounds great! I am going to give it a try!

So, I did not weigh myself tonight....the morning will be tough but I won't.

Question...it's been about 8 weeks of this and I think I am in a bit of a mind game with myself. You know that I have not been to happy with the scale results and I really am feeling upset about that. I have had these thoughts coming in my head that if I le myself have a "carb" night and then get back in, maybe it will help me kick start to losing again...I don't know if that's true but I somehow hav it in my head.
Since I let that in I am looking at food and beginning to crave things, Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich is one vivid thought. Now I know I am in ketosis, so I think this is the addiction to this food trying to get me but it's very uncomfortable....
Anyone else ever experience this? I set a goal to follow induction until Feb6' and I am trying to decide if that's still a good plan.

Hungry today
Breakfast- 2 cheese
Lunch - double burger, no bun
Snack- pepperoni
Dinner- taco salad
Snack -turkey sausage, Brussels sprouts, Atkins bar
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Oh my -28 thats way too cold,I couldn't stand that.And when it gets in the 30s here I'm complaining.Hope it warms up soon Jayice.Did some excerise again today,also made some hot wings for snacking.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Lynn--yay on the JUDDD Magic!! I bet that was a relief! How many DD's did you do before that happened (or how many days/weeks have you been on JUDDD)? So you said you felt great on this recent DD---did you have decent energy, concentration, etc.? How about sleep---has this plan caused any changes in that for you?

Tammy---sounds like you are doing great!! As far as where to post, that can be a little confusing! Really you can do it any way you want. Most people join a group---such as this one---where they check in daily or whenever they can. That way you can get to know (and count on) a small group of people. Then if you have questions or 'announcements' or things you want to share with the whole Century Club you can start a new thread on the Century Board. Eventually it will all make sense!

Jaiyce---oh, I'm so sorry that scale is not cooperating and causing you frustrations! I can sooooo relate. But I have to say WOOHOO that you have not let it throw you off plan already!! That really is something to be proud of!! And---you stayed off the scale---yay you!!

As far as carbing up---well, I'm an experimenter so my first thought is do it. I believe that when eating really low carb that a good carb shake up can be very beneficial....however it can also be the 'beginning of the end' if not done right. There are really lots of things to consider when doing that kind of thing. For me---it had to be based on a true experiment to test something out or to shake up my system, not to satisfy a desire or an impulse. So for instance, I absolutely wouldn't do it with a pbj sandwich or something I was craving because that for me would be the carb monster taking control and well--he would probably win. I would do it with things that didn't particularly appeal to me, like an apple with breakfast or lunch. A good dose of healthy carbs, but not something that would trigger me, and eaten with a full meal so as not to whack out my insulin levels and set off hunger. I've done high carb days as well (like a full day) but they are in my opinion a pain in the butt cause you have to keep fat levels down and again for me I have to eat things that I don't really love or it can become a disaster. So in my experience it always worked best to just have one higher than normal carb item that wouldn't trigger me, and have it early in the day with a meal.

Now as far as that pbj sandwich goes---you don't have to feel like that's a never or a treat. That is something I can easily eat whenever I please, but I had to gradually work my way up to it by adding carbs and testing things out. Also--I eat sprouted grains, natural pb, organic jelly, etc. So it's not exactly the same as the pbj's I ate in the old days---but truly it is much better because whole foods are so much more flavorful---and far less addictive!

As far as the stall goes--how has your hunger level been? Energy? Sleep? Are you getting plenty of water? How about sodium? I'm just trying to think of other things that might be going on and usually how our bodies are reacting call tell us what might be off nutritionally.

Winifred--- on the exercising!! Enjoy those hot wings! I know they are a favorite of low carbers (and I think of people in general!) but for whatever reason I am not a fan. Sometimes I wished I loved wings....and coffee---cause people do all kinds of fun things with flavoring those items!

OK--here is a tip. For anyone getting leg cramps---just take a swig of apple cider vinegar. I read that somewhere a long time ago but since I never get leg cramps I've never tried it. Last night 2 of my toes were cramping when I went to bed so I tried it out and within less than 2 minutes---cramps gone!! Now I just have to figure out why they were cramping in the first place. Probably cause my body is missing my daily banana.

Still trying to figure out how to get my body moving as far as weight loss. I'm getting closer and closer to going back to my version of the Optimal Diet. I really didn't want to have to do anything other than cut back---but that's not working. So I may just have to suck it up and do it! I actually feel great with high fat, low protein and lower carbs (most of which need to be starchy) but it's the planning and prep time and just getting used to it that I dread. I like that I'm currently in a 'flow' with eating and I hate to disrupt that.....but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Right now my plan is to just get through January without any stress eating and start to get my mind prepped for trying something else come Feb.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday!

DD today and here is my menu:

B: Warm chocolate-mocha protein pudding with chia seed gel. Yummy!
L: Tuna salad with veggies and dressing (gonna try thinned full fat dressing)
D: Stirfry with chicken/veggies/shiratiaki noodles
Sn: More protein pudding (orange this time) if needed!

Liz: Thanks for inspiring me to take another look at my chocolate concotion. The grits were only for something chewey but it had NO protein. So I replaced the grits with chia gel and added protein powder and Viola protein pudding. I also added instant expresso this morning for a mocha pudding!

Teresa:: On JUDDD I'm in the middle of my second week. For me (and for others, I've read) that you have to ease yourself into this WOE and be gentle and forgiving with yourself.

You have to ramp up to this WOE. For me I have to "like" my food. I've had too much gagging food on other plans and I just can't do that any more. I will not tolerate anything that tastes strange to me. And I have to be satisfied. In my case it's a combination of protein/little fat/fiber.

Jaiyce: Teresa gives good advice on carbing up. She has lots of wisdom to share. I was once on a program that allowed you to carb-up with anything goes! What a disaster! It awakened all kinds of carb Monsters in me and ultimately I went off program and gained some weight before I could gain control again! Be careful!!!

My experience with leg cramps: I used to keep some water and potassium pills on my night stand cause I was getting horrible cramps everynight. Leg/toes/thigh! It was very painful. But I wondered why I was getting them in the first place.

Just by chance I elminated my evening calcium/magnesium & Vitamin D supplement and immediately my leg cramps were Gone! So now I make sure to have my Calcium earlier in the day. Of course, there are many reasons for leg cramps but I just wanted to share mine just in case!

Off to hit my books. This is the second week of the quarter and still looking to find my rhythm.

Have a Great Weekend!

Lynn

Old 01-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hey everybody!

I'm doing really well with my woe. Cutting out fruits makes a big difference for me in cravings and satiety.
I'm eating moderate carbs (40-50). For me, the main thing is to use those carbs for healthy low glycemic veggies. I bulk up my protein portions with healthy veggies so I feel like I get enough to eat but I keep the carbs/calories in a good range.
That is how I lost most of my weight so I'm finally going back to what I KNOW works for me.

TERESA...
Quote:
On the Paula thing--I think when your fame and fortune comes from your fans, then your fans kinda get to dictate what they want to know and how they feel about it.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Fans can certainly dictate what they want to know and they do essentially sign her paycheck.

Quote:
It's sad, personally I hate seeing this star or that politician or whoever getting thrown in jail or sent off to rehab or just having their name drug through the mud--those are such personal and painful things and hard enough to deal with without all the publicity. But it's the price you get to pay for being in the spotlight.
ITA that it is sad.
I feel sorry for them but also a part of me is fascinated by the human drama. (I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that) I am interested in seeing how they deal with the problems/issues.
I don't take pleasure in seeing anyone suffer. I am gratified when they overcome the difficulties with grace and dignity. It reminds me that no matter what someone has (fame, wealth, beauty, intelligence) we all have issues/problems/sadness to deal with in life.

Quote:
I do think it's really interesting in the last few months she has divulged the diabetes thing, as well as that she is a smoker. I have to wonder if there is a reason she is going public with these things right now....? Whatever it is, me likes her cooking regardless of what vices or illnesses she may have.
ITA
Quote:
I'm really proud however that I haven't just thrown in the towel and had a big ole binge---that would be my typical response anymore to being stuck--so that is definitely progress.
FABULOUS progress!!!
BRAVO on not giving in to the binge!!! :jump joy:

Quote:
I made a 'deal' with myself for a very BIG reward if I can get to the low 50's by Spring. I don't usually do the reward thing for weight loss, but I need some motivation to keep trying.
So, please share...what is this very BIG reward????

Quote:
Still trying to figure out how to get my body moving as far as weight loss. I'm getting closer and closer to going back to my version of the Optimal Diet. I really didn't want to have to do anything other than cut back---but that's not working. So I may just have to suck it up and do it! I actually feel great with high fat, low protein and lower carbs (most of which need to be starchy) but it's the planning and prep time and just getting used to it that I dread. I like that I'm currently in a 'flow' with eating and I hate to disrupt that.....but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Right now my plan is to just get through January without any stress eating and start to get my mind prepped for trying something else come Feb.
were you following the optimal diet when you lost weight the last time?
What type of prep is involved? Is it the prep of veggies? Maybe we can brain storm and come up with some easier solutions???
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LYNN....

I'm glad my comment re. your chocolate concoction helped you come up with a new and improved concoction!
It sounds tasty!

Good luck on your dd. I hope you have a hunger free day and lots more of that JUDD magic!

Quote:
For me (and for others, I've read) that you have to ease yourself into this WOE and be gentle and forgiving with yourself.
that sounds like great advice for any WOE!

Thanks for sharing your chicken nugget cooking method. I actually prefer chicken breast to other cuts but I have a bad tendency to overcook it which does make it dry out.
One of my favorite ways to cook chicken breast strips is to dip in greek yogurt and then coat with spices and bake or pan sauté. I especially like this with curry spices.
I also add a bit of greek yogurt into ground turkey breast to make burgers or a meat loaf to help make it moister. Usually I add 1/4 cup to 1 pound of ground turkey.

JAIYCE..... brrrr....I'm freezing just reading your weather. I'm a whimpy southerner.

Quote:
Question...it's been about 8 weeks of this and I think I am in a bit of a mind game with myself. You know that I have not been to happy with the scale results and I really am feeling upset about that. I have had these thoughts coming in my head that if I le myself have a "carb" night and then get back in, maybe it will help me kick start to losing again...I don't know if that's true but I somehow hav it in my head.
Since I let that in I am looking at food and beginning to crave things, Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich is one vivid thought. Now I know I am in ketosis, so I think this is the addiction to this food trying to get me but it's very uncomfortable....
Anyone else ever experience this? I set a goal to follow induction until Feb6' and I am trying to decide if that's still a good plan.
Yes, I have definitely experienced similar thinking. Personally I would not veer from my original plan or have a "carb" night in the hopes of kick starting weight loss. It may or may not work My problem would be getting back on plan. That is certainly a YMMV thing. Some people seem to do well with this. Many people, from what I have read over the years, seem to be unable to jump back on the wagon.
My concern for you is that you mention, being upset with the scale, playing mind games, craving things, addiction to food, being very uncomfortable....
Those words/thoughts are all too familiar. My experience has been that if I give in to those feelings I lose control. Justification/rationalization of off plan eating usually gets me in trouble.

I agree with Teresa (as usual) that experimenting can be good...BUT only if you are in a "good" place mentally and with cravings in check.

I also think that you should stick to your goal because it is not that far away and you will get a satisfaction for accomplishing your goal. That is a definite plus. Once you reach your goal you can revisit/reconsider your carb-up. Taking more time can help you better plan and be in better control.
What Teresa suggested sounds like a good idea (adding carbs that you are not craving to see how you react etc...)

Sorry if that sounds harsh. I am just sharing my own personal experience/thoughts.

WINIFRED....KUTGW on exercising!

TAMMY....WTG on losing another pound and staying on plan!!!
You're doing great!!!
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JAIYCE....I forgot to mention that the atkin bars make me hungry and crave carbs. YMMV
Old 01-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone,
I have to tell you all I was reading all your help and support and tears are falling down my face because...I am just so grateful to being able to share this thoughts and desires and air them with concerned friends and have you all put input in to help me. I only hope I can be as helpful to all of you some time. In my life here I tend to be the fixer and in this area I am so new and feel very much alone at times and I cant tell you how many times I have turned to just reading posts instead of giving in.

I love the idea of trying the apple and seeing how that goes, funny that thought never even crossed my mind. I think because I may have been looking for an excuse in my head to dine on that PB&J that seems to be haunting me....
I think I am going to do what you suggest healthylowcarbin and stick to my goal of Feb 6 (My huge event for work is on the 3rd) and tough this out. I do want to accomplish that goal.
I know I am a tad bit (says with sarcasm) of a perfectionist and I think I need to make that plan.
Then plan to add the fruit (which also is a craving) to see how things are.

I am off to my friends birthday party so I will be enjoying some wings tonight and having a good time.
I hope you all have a great night!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi everyone, just popping in to say hi. It's been a busy week and I've just been stressed with things to do. I have an upcoming surgery on Wed. and am trying to get my house in order and get errands/things to do done. Eating is poor right now.

Lynn, please share your coconut pancake recipe and how you make your chia gel pudding. I have tried a recipe for chia gel pudding and it was not so great. I have a huge container of chia seeds to use up. Thanks.

Tomorrow's a new day and I HAVE to get back on track. I'll be back tomorrow.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Devotion for the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Lynn, please share your coconut pancake recipe and how you make your chia gel pudding. I have tried a recipe for chia gel pudding and it was not so great. I have a huge container of chia seeds to use up. Thanks.

Tomorrow's a new day and I HAVE to get back on track. I'll be back tomorrow.
OK, I'm back and it's that new day I was talking about.

I wanted to share my devotion I read this morning. The scripture is:

Psalm 18:32 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect

The devotion for the day is called Use That Powerful Engine. It uses the analogy of driving a car with a powerful engine to go on a road trip and that when the hills come that the engine is powerful enough to make it up the hill with no problem. So today I'm going to put my trust in God and give Him my to do list for the day and ask for His help to help me up the hills of the day when they arise. I'll be back later to let you know how my road trip is going I'm lifting up a prayer for all of us today to have a blessed day.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Lynn---wow, so the magic really didn't take that long--awesome!! Interesting on the leg cramps. I don't take any calcium but now I'm trying to remember what I ate that night....maybe it was something naturally high in calcium?? I'll have to watch for that. I do take vit D but I take it at lunch. I take a mag at dinner time but have for years---but maybe I will keep an eye on that as well. Thanks for the info!

Speaking of vit D---does anyone know much about D3 supplements? Here is my question---I've really been struggling since fall with feeling tired and just not myself. I've tried to figure out if it's what I'm eating, lack of exercise, etc. but none of these things seem to be the answer. I did however change my D3 supplement sometime during the fall. I take 5000 IU's in the summer and 10,000 IU's in the winter. I usually take soft gels but not always---but this fall I found some 10,000 IU tablets and started taking those---much easier than taking multiple of a smaller dose. Anyway---I'm wondering if there really might be a big difference between tablets and soft gels?? I'm prone to being low on vit D so maybe I am just really sensitive to what type my body will absorb? I would love it if that is the problem because when I found out it was not my thyroid that was contributing to how I felt I started to get a bit concerned. I probably need to try going back to the soft gels and see how that works....

Linda---thank God for new days---as long as we're breathing we still have another chance! I hope this is a great day for you!

Jaiyce---awww, we're here for you anytime! I feel the same way, no one in real life to support me with this, so I have to count on all of you! I hope you had a great time last night and enjoyed yourself! Did you stay off the scale today??

Liz---glad things are going great! Fruit doesn't work so well for me either---I have to do it in small doses. I really think it's strange I do best with the most carby fruits--bananas and dried fruit...I think I'm just weird! Even though I know that however I still have to push it and have an apple, orange, cherries, whatever from time to time. Usually if I can incorporate them into a fatty dessert or with a high fat balanced meal I do OK but really I should probably just avoid most fruits altogether.

Well, for the OD (keep in mind this is my version of it, not the original) I have to go back and do my homework but basically I need to stay around 50 grams of protein with very very little of that being from meat and I count all protein, even that in veggies. Carbs are the same amount of grams as protein and these need to be starchy carbs and a bit of grains. No fruits and no veggies that aren't starchy---although I do sneak in some zuchs and bits of very low carb/low gi veggies, but not much. Fat needs to be about 3-4x the amount of grams of the others, and this needs to be made up of pretty much pure fat like butter, oils, etc. So it's a small amount of food with a lot of fat. I had to get very creative and of course made quite a few tweaks to make it liveable---but it is definitely a mind shift for me. I already eat high fat and love starches---but I will miss my pile of veggies that usually is the filler for me. This plan did however get me to goal---and it totally verified for me that more than a minimal amount of meat is not good for my body. It also proved to me that fat combined with starches in the right amounts do not make me fat--in fact it made me quite lean and I felt great! Sooooooo---why am I fighting it so hard?? Pretty much I think it's getting past the idea of eating a lot of food as well as cutting out lots of things I love. But---I'm trying to remind myself that when the weight is gone I can modify it and up the protein (via things other than meat) and up the carbs....I just have to do it slowly and figure out what the right level of everything is for me to maintain. That's where I failed last time.

As for my BIG reward---boobs! Not big ones, but mine are a mess. This is something that I never really thought I would do. Surgery's for me have been more about 'need' (although I know some would rightfully argue that getting rid of skin is not a need) but this is a 'want' which I didn't even really think that I wanted all that badly....but suddenly I do. So---while he is finishing up the upper body work I'm thinking I might just have that done as well!

Well, trying to get my lazy buns going so I can get to work and get some stuff done...but I don't wanna. But I'm going to do it anyway. Then I need to run some errands and possibly go to the casino tonight. Instead of chanting 'mama needs a new pair of shoes' I will be chanting 'mama needs a new pair of girls!' Wish me luck!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #165
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Hey everyone. Sorry i've been mia. After I got sick I fell off plan and really haven't been back on. No excuse. Just didn't do what I said I would. I'm not going to be hard on myself. My expectations of perfection have caused me to beat myself too many times. I refuse to start that cycle again.

I'm back on plan Monday.Since I went so long off induction, I'm going to restart it. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow and plan my meals. I wasn't planning enough and went the easy route of fast food. Live and learn, right? I now know I need to plan plan plan.

Here's to healthy eating.
Amy
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,Thanks Linda for that devotion.Todays been a bitter sweet day for me.I was able to go to church and help give out food to over 100 families and even tho it rained I was so blessed to get out a be able to serve someone else.Then I got a call after 3pm that Mrs Murry had died after a long illness,she has been like a mother to me for over 30years,so it has really hurt me but then again I know shes at peace.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another New Day

Good morning everyone, quick post then off to church.
Win, so sorry for your loss.

I'm still struggling getting my food under control but like my OA sponsor told me, every day we wake up without food in our mouth and wake up "on plan" and it is a gift from God. We can choose to keep that gift or not. So, once again I'm not giving up and starting fresh.

It helps me to do some things for myself to make myself feel better. Some things I will do for myself today:
1. Enjoy as clean house (cleaned yesterday)
2. Go to church
3. Touching up my roots with haricolor right now
4. Did my nails
5. Will prepare some food ahead for the next 2 busy days

What will help you feel better about yourself today? I'd love to get some new ideas.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
good morning ladies! Down 2 lbs this week, it would be much more if I could commit to staying on plan. My lovely six-year old daughter decided to share her cold with me, so now I have a nice head/chest cold. She was kind enough to share it with her brother as well, so it is going to be a nice few days!

I missed my son's basketball game on Saturday, they lost but my husband (assistant coach) said the boys did really well. My son then played two games with a random team for a tournament Saturday evening. His shot was off but I was really proud of him playing with a group of boys he had never played with. He has another game late this afternoon, so if not busy at work I will leave a few hours. I told him not to get upset if I wasn't there because typically we get busy late afternoons at work.

I added 2 miles for Wednesday. My car ran out of gas and had to walk 2 miles into town. It was a nice brisk - cool weather- walk; glad I have been doing the walk videos for the past couple of weeks otherwise I would not have liked it at all.

No walking in Thur-Sat, but did get 1.5 hours in on the X-box Kinect again this week. My shoulders are sore but at least my legs are sore this week!

b- veg/beef brother
l/d/ - veg/beef soup (cabbage, onion, green beans, celery, roast beef)
s- hard boiled eggs and/or celery with cream cheese
Old 01-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone!

Friday was my 6th DD on JUDDD and it's the first one that I finally got completely right. I came at 450 calories and NOT hungry! Appetite supression finally kicked in big time. Yesterday was an UD and appetite control still engaged which helped me stay within my calorie levels! I hope this continues! Taking it one day at a time. I will post my progress for the week tomorrow! Very happy!!!

Linda: I would be happy to share my recipes but I'm a little cautious. These are Down Day recipees where the goal is something filling and very low calorie. For me that means protein/fiber/small amount of fat. I like the taste of these but of course YMMV! So here goes:

Coconut Pancakes
Dry ingredients
1 1/2 TBSP of coconut flour
1/2TBSP of oat flour (I grind oats in my coffee grinder)
1 Tsp. of oat fiber
Small pinch of flour
1/8 tsp. of baking powder
1 package of sweetener (I use Truvia)

Wet ingredients
½ cup egg beaters
Water or other liquid (I use lite coconut milk) to get the desired consistency as desired.
Couple drops of vanilla or other flavor

Mix dry with wet and cook over medium heat in a nonstick pan. Makes 2 pancakes. Serve with SF syrup. Approximately 120 calories

CHIA Gel
In at least a 3 cup bowl, whisk:
1/3 cup whole chia seeds
2 cups of water

Let mixture set on counter until gelled (probably an hour or so)
1 TBSP has 5 calories

Warm Chocolate Pudding
1 packet of SF/FF milk chocolate mix (20 calories)
1 tbsp. of coco powder (10 calories)
½ tsp instant espresso (if making mocha flavored)
3 tbsp of chocolate protein powder (50 calories)
2 packets of sweeteners (truvia)
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp chia gel (10 calories)
1 tbsp half and half (20 calories)
½ tsp of glocomannan powder (this is what makes it thicken)
In a bowl mix coco mix, coco powder, expresso, protein powder, sweetener, salt. Add 1 cup of very hot water and whisk until smooth. Add chia gel, half and half and stir. Sprinkle the glucomannan powder on top of the mixture and whisk. It will start to thicken immediately and be complete in 5 minutes. I start eating immediately.

Liz: Thanks for another way to cook chicken sounds good! Sounds like your doing great on plan! Yay!

Teresa:: I take substantial vitamin D3 also along with alot of other supplements. I've heard that some tablets don't dissolve in your stomach and pass right through. I've heard about this test you can do. Take a tablet and put in a glass of water and see how it dissolves in 20 minutes. If it dissolves your good to go but if not there could be a problem. Could be worth a try. I don't know about the accuracy of this test since your stomach uses hydrochloric acid.

If you want a boob job it certainly sounds like a good time since your having other work done! I say Go for IT! You only go around once as they say!

Amy:: Sorry you've been sick! Just hop back aboard the train and we'll be there for you!

Some things I will do for myself today::
  1. Go to church with family.
  2. Go out to lunch with friends.
  3. Count my blessings
  4. Mentally rehearse (visualize) staying on plan next week and meeting any challenges!
  5. Savor my progress so far!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Lynn

Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!!

Amy---you can do it! I bet we've all had a zillion 'false starts' before we got in the groove, I know I have. Definitely don't let it get you down---just take the lessons learned from it and move forward. Anything we can do to help? Just let us know, that's what we're here for!

Winifred---I'm so sorry. Of course she is now at peace, but gosh, it's still hard for those of us left behind to fill that empty space. Good for you for going out and helping others--and for feeling blessed that you were able to do so---we need lots more people like you in this world!

Linda---as long as you're stuggling, then you haven't given up---which means you will succeed! What am I doing today for myself---vegging out and not feeling guilty (or trying not to) about it!

Fonda---2 lbs is excellent! Remember, this is about progress, not perfection! Yuck on the cold working it's way through your family and big bummer on the car---but how awesome is it that you were able to do that walk!

Now--on your menu (I swear no one is ever going to want to post menus again ) are you getting much fat in your diet? Or are you trying to avoid it? I'm just thinking I would be starving without a lot of good fat added to that menu.

Lynn---wow, you are really getting me curious and excited about this JUDDD thing! That is amazing that you are getting that kind of hunger suppression at less than 500 cals.

I sometimes use ground chia in place of some of the flour in my morning muffins and I really do think it helps me feel satisfied longer. The chia gel always grosses me out because it's so slimely but I have also used that as an egg replacement before and it works very well.

On the vitamins---thanks for the tip!! I remember doing that once long ago. If I remember right there was vinegar involved in the process as well, which would make sense with what you are saying about stomach acid....hmmmm, think I'll go do an quick search and find more info. Gosh, I would be so happy if low vit D was my problem--cause that is a simple fix!!

Well, with that I'm off to test my vitamins! I'll be back later to report the results.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
You guys literally warm my heart. The support here is so amazing. Really, that's what I need. To spend time here, getting and giving support. It makes this journey so much more bearable.
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Amy--I think support is what we all need!

So---my D3's suck! After hours of sitting in warm vinegar water (per instructions I found on web) the surface barely even dissolved. From what I read, the amount that dissolves in 30-60 minutes is what your body will absorb---which pretty much means I'm getting nothing out of these things. Good news is---maybe that's my problem! I will be picking up some of the soft gel type tomorrow!!

Weird day today. Kind of sad for no reason. Tom just ended so I don't think it's one of my typical hormonal whack outs. Not sure what my problem is. And I keep obsessing with wanting to eat odd things---all of them chewy and sweet types of things---I have no clue what that's about. Decided I will have some dates tomorrow and for whatever reason, that made me feel better...except of course I want them now! Hopefully tomorrow will be a more 'normal' day for me emotions wise.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and for those of you MIA---please check in soon!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning....Monday.....meh...

Nice layer of ice and snow on the ground however it's supposed to be in the upper 30's most of the week so it will hopefully melt off.

Managed to make it through the night and not give in to my sweet/chewy cravings. Brought some dates stuffed w/cream cheese to eat w/breakfast however boss brought in organic bananas and I'm gonna have to say a banana with some pb sounds much better. Cravings are a fickle thing I guess.

Have a nice day ladies!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Good Mornin Ladies

Let's rock this week with amazing weight loss! We can do it! Let's plan and visualize!

DD for me today and here is my plan:

B: Warm mocha pudding
L: Lemonade smoothie
D: Some type of stir fry

Lot's of water, coffee and tea too!

Here are my weekly results:
1/9/12: 187.6
1/16/12: 183.4 (-4.2)
1/23/12L 182.8 (-.6)

I am happy with my results!
Anything in the right direction is a WIN!

Question for those Weight Loss Experts: When I'm about to lose some weight my body feels rather flu-like i.e. achy muscles and it can last for 3-4 days. After I lose the weight everything feels fine again. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anything that can help?

Teresa: : Thanks for the tips about chia seeds and how you use them. I'm like Linda in that I had some in my cabinet that I needed to use up so thus the chia pudding. They do help fill you up and I do think I'm going to try to incorporate them more on my DD. I hope you get your vitamin D fixed and feel better soon. I've always heard that its hard for your body to uptake this vitamin and some folks have to go the liquid vitamin route.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ,my day has been good,just staying on plan and getting more water in.Still raining here.On my way to pogo to play spades.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,
Looks like everyone is doing so well!
LowCarbme- congrat on you loses!!! Warm mocha pudding sounds very yummy!
Teresa- I find the vitamin test you preformed fascinating! I wonder if that goes for other vitamins? You didn't mention what won...the dates or the banana? I miss PB and bananas!
Got to get moving- great job on the 2 pounds down!
Linda- very nice devotion, thank you!

I have been doing really well....I have to be honest, I made it 3 days only off the scale
I did see 229.9, so hopefully it's moving Down now!,
My hubby finally agreed to try, very excited about that....it's his first day...I made sloppy joe stuffed peppers for dinner (linda low carb) and was very impressed!
Good night, good luck tomorrow!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Jaiyce---yay on the scale ....no, get off it!! How are things going with your project? As far as the vitamins go---yep, it will work with any tablet type vitamins. This weekend I will be testing all of my other ones....and I suspect I may find some depressing news. Some I buy high quality (or at least supposedly) and some I buy cheap ones. I have a feeling the cheap ones are probably going to prove their worth with this test...we'll see. The expensive ones better test well---or I'm gonna be ticked!

Lynn---how was your down day? I can't say that I've actually had the flu like symptoms before losing, but I think I've heard others talk about various indicators like that. For me, when I was really heavy I would have involuntary tightening of my stomach muscles....it was really weird, but everytime that happened I knew I was in for a good couple or few days of weight or inch loss.

Winifred---sounds like you are doing great! How are you feeling with all the exercise and healthy eating? I haven't played pogo in years. I used to love this one that was like a bingo game.....hmmmm, can't remember the name but it was fun!

Well--time to get back to work. Have a nice day ladies. And for those of you lurking, get your buns in here and post!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies!

I had another great DD as I came in at 480 calories and best yet NO night hunger!

I never thought I would say this, but I now appreciate Shirataki Noodles. I have 1/3 package incorporated into my evening meal and they really keep me satisfied. Last night I had a Turkey Sausage Scramble (250 calories) and I really enjoyed it. Just in case I wake up hungry, I keep a big jug of flavored ice water on my bed stand. So far not needed!

I've noticed that after a DD the first meal of the UD tastes devine. My taste buds are heightened or something. Also, I'm considering going a strict rotation of UD/DD and only using a MD when needed. At the 2nd day of eating appetite suppression is reduced!

Jaiyce: Good job on the weight loss. Maybe with the scale moving in the right direction you can take a breath and relax a bit about it!

That's wonderful news about DH agreeing to try the program with you! I think it makes it so much easier and motivating. I'm hoping my DH will eventually try JUDDD with me cuz he desparately needs to drop some pounds.

Winifred:Good for you for staying on plan and getting water in. Water really helps me to release weight as it's probably true for most people. Hope you have a great day today!

Teresa: I try and steer away from tablet vitamins. These days mine are usually softgels or capsules. Sometimes I wonder about potency too! How do you really KNOW?

Well, that's it for me ladies, have a great onprogram day!

Lynn

Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Good morning! Had to take the day off yesterday due to not feeling well and my kids missing school due to being ill as well. I took the kids to the doctor late yesterday afternoon and they both had double ear infections and chest congestion - so after 60.00 in co-pays and 40.00 in prescriptions, they slept well and are at school today. I am still just taking over-the-counter meds. My eating has not been on plan any of this week and i haven't gotten any exericse in, but getting lots of rest which I need.
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I only have a few minutes to post now. I have a doctor's appt.
Sorry if I miss any posters/questions. I'll try to catch up later.
I'm really enjoying all of the posts!!!

I'm still doing well on low carb. I was able to eat out with DH twice (his birthday) this weekend and stay on plan. We went to an indian buffet and I ate tandoori chicken. The pieces were TINY. I ate quite a few until I started to ponder the fact that I've never seen such tiny chickens. The thigh bone thing was maybe 2 inches. Kinda made me start thinking of a national geographic show I saw with roasted rats.
It was a very effective appetite suppressant.

FONDA.... Sending you get well vibes..... I'm glad your kids are feeling better.

LYNN...WTG on your weight loss :jump joy: You're doing great!
I actually like shirataki noodles. They are very filling. Do you use the ones with or without soy?

Thanks for sharing your recipes/tips! I'm really enjoying cheering you on as you succeed!

I adore your positive attitude!!!
Quote:
Let's rock this week with amazing weight loss! We can do it! Let's plan and visualize!

TERESA... good idea to test all of your vitamins.
Another test that I do is on my fish oil capsules (when I'm not taking liquid fish oil). Every few weeks I'll bite into a capsule to taste the oil. If it tastes rancid/fishy I throw it out. I didn't realize that fish oil can and DOES go bad. Bad fish oil is not helpful...in fact it may be harmful (from what I've read).
I now keep my fish oil caps in the refrig.

I hope that changing your D vit. makes you feel better.
Have you tried trader joe's vitamins? I've read that they are good and would probably be reasonably priced.

JAIYCE....
Quote:
I have been doing really well....I have to be honest, I made it 3 days only off the scale
I did see 229.9, so hopefully it's moving Down now!,

great job on staying OFF of the scale and ON plan!! 3 days off is progress! KUTGW
Quote:
My hubby finally agreed to try, very excited about that....it's his first day...I made sloppy joe stuffed peppers for dinner (linda low carb) and was very impressed!
that's GREAT news about your DH!!!
I've never tried the sloppy joe stuffed peppers ....I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation

AMY....
Quote:
You guys literally warm my heart. The support here is so amazing. Really, that's what I need. To spend time here, getting and giving support. It makes this journey so much more bearable.
I'm so glad you're posting with us! This is a wonderful group of people (you included)

LINDA.... I hope and pray you are feeling 10000% better since your post about struggling.

I love your post:
Quote:
It helps me to do some things for myself to make myself feel better. Some things I will do for myself today:
that's a great idea! You DESERVE to be pampered and loved (especially by YOU)
Things I'm doing for myself today:
bubble bath
doing nails
cooking and preparing healthy foods for me and DH

VICKI...please check in! Do we need to send out a search party????