Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #121
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Hey everyone. I'm off plan right now. I've got a horrible case of bronchitis and DH has the flu. Neither one of us can really cook right now so I'm reduced to canned soups, yogurt and string cheese.

It's not where I wanted to be at this point but what else can I do? I'm not going to let this ruin me, though. I'll jump back on asap and get to where I want to be. Healthy and much thinner. Pray for me, keep your fingers crossed or maybe even do a rain dance. lol

Amy
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Feel better soon Amy!
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning and Happy Saturday!

Liz---thanks for those recipes! You know, they look just like the Paula Deen sf pb cookies...just with squash added! And of course with honey but I suspect you could use any type of sweetener. And, it's way less sweetener than Paula's recipe so I'm guessing the squash gives it some natural sweetness maybe? Hmmmm, thinking I might make a small batch this weekend to try them out!

Well, I would say the quorn doesn't sound too appealing so far!

I'm so excited for you that the social stuff is all working out! I need to get moving on that goal as well.....

scox--I'm so glad you 'de-lurked!' Hey---I'll make a deal with you---I'll come and cook you all kinds of wonderful meals...if you do all the dishes!! I hate all the dishes. I agree, why do we eat the crap when it just makes us feel like crap. It's a crazy mystery I guess. Hope you'll join in more, would love to hear what kinds of recipes you come up with!

Tammy---thanks for the info on the Wii. So when you say strength training, do you have to buy any special equipment for that? Good for you for making sure to take time for yourself. I really think this weight loss/getting healthy thing can't be done very successfully without working on other areas of our lives as well.

Vicki---wow---what a steal on the grass fed beef!! So maybe with the eating healthy you just need to focus on the healthy foods you love and build from there. For instance the breakfast you ate sounds very healthy to me, and you found it satisfying. If my definition of healthy was raw veggies and tofu...well, I'd have to say screw healthy! I really focus on foods that I love and then play around with adding new things bit by bit, or gradually subbing out some of the old things that aren't quite as healthy. Unlike a diet that we just start one day, I think eating healthy is more of an evolutionary type process---which seems to work best just one step at a time.

Amy---doesn't sound like you are off plan to me. With the exception of the canned soup all of those things can be low carb. Pick plain yogurt and add your own 'flavors' or toppings. For the canned soups---well, you gotta do what you gotta do so just try to stick with those that have the least processed junk in them (i.e. avoid the noodles if you can!). But really, you don't have to be off plan to deal with an illness, just a bit of a change in plan....and those happen frequently in life so we just have to figure out the best choices when those things occur. Hope you both feel better soon!

Jaiyce---hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!

Heading to my sisters today for our belated Christmas celebration and also my nephews jazz concert. But, I'll be back tomorrow and I have Monday off! Have a nice weekend everyone!!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Hi All,
Just a quick hello before I head to bed, wishing you all a great day!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
I am back to work and hate to say that I didn't eat on plan most of my days off, but I did get exercise in each day except for Saturday. My daughter (6) and I did a Kinect game for almost 2 hours and I am still extremely sore. I am planning on getting my walking dvd in shortly, hopefully that will help the soreness.

Teresa: Yes, my work schedule is Sunday - Wednesday. We are scheduled for three 12 hour days and one six hour, but I have to adjust my schedule on three of the days due to getting my kids to school. It is a great schedule just makes a long day when not very busy.

Winifred: WTG on the 4 lb loss

Tammy: on the 8 lbs and reduced blood sugar. You are doing an awesome job.

Vicki: cracker, popcorn, and candy???? sounds like my days off. I had cracker and canned fruit. back to work today so eating should be good. I usually struggle on my days off, really working on that.

SCOX24 - and good for you for delurking!!

Amy: I hope you and your husband are feeling better.

Sorry if I missed anyone! ----You all were a chatty bunch the last few days.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hey everybody!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I'm having an easier time sticking to plan. I'm not sure if it is because TOM is here (don't ya love hormones?!?!) or because I've cut down on carbs. I've cut out fruit for now.
I'm eating about 40 carbs per day because induction level carbs make me feel yucky and I have trouble sleeping when I'm in deep ketosis.

FONDA... WTG on keeping up with the exercise. When I'm off plan I have a tendency to not exercise I hope your soreness passes quickly.

JAIYCE... how's it going?

TERESA...please let us know if you try the squash/PB brownies.
YAY on your 2nd Xmas celebration, your nephew's jazz concert AND Monday off!!!:jump joy: How old is your nephew? What instrument does he play (or does he sing)?
I played the flute and tenor sax. I can't sing unless I want to start the neighborhood dogs howling and set off car alarms

AMY.... I hope both you and DH are feeling much better
I like hot tea and warm chicken broth when I have congestion/sore throat

VICKI..
Quote:
Checking in, derailed a bit. Hoping to get back on track. As usual I am floundering around trying to find what works.
Gosh, I can relate to that feeling. I felt like that about a week ago. Just don't give up!
What did you do when you lost down to goal before? I know you were doing great. I can't remember what plan/woe you followed.

LYNN...thanks again for your helpful post:sprayer:

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-15-2012 at 08:34 AM..
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hey everyone, just popping in to say hi. Things have been very busy.

Liz, I am so happy about your social group. It sounds like a blast. It is motivating me to look locally to see if I can find something similar.

Theresa, hope you had a nice celebration with your family.

Amy, hope you feel better soon. I hate the flu.

Work day for me tomorrow so I need to go get ready.

Hi to everyone.
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey all...it's kinda quiet in here!

Back home, had a nice weekend with family. Drove through the town where I went to college, haven't been there for a few years---wow, it's amazing how things never stop changing!

Liz---my nephew is 16 and plays guitar, all types. He is quite talented. My niece (14) has a beautiful voice and my nephew (12) is gifted with pretty much all instruments! Not totally sure where they get the musical talent from. The show was really good. It was a fund raiser for the school music programs. There was a 17 year old that played the clarinet like I have never heard anyone play it---seriously, he made that thing sing. I'm not really into instrumental stuff---love to hear people sing but the instruments are just background stuff to me---but this kid has a serious gift!

Fonda---I love that schedule---I am sooo jealous! The long days would be rough sometimes I'm sure, but the time off would be great!! So maybe a good goal for this week would be to come up with some plans to make the weekend a bit easier as far as the 'eats' go. I'm sure we could help you come up with some yummy recipes so you won't even want to look at crackers and canned fruit!

I am really pooped tonight. Glad I have tomorrow off, but sad that I will spend the day cleaning up this pit and cooking.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Linda! Have a great week!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

It's crunch time at work...sorry I have been away.

You all are close to my thoughts!

Looks like everyone is doing really well!

Can I just say THE SCALE iS DRIVING ME INSANE,!!
Why do I keep getting on it??? Somebody for the love of God stop me!
I saw 229.1 yesterday morning and then 232.9 today! AAAAAAHHHHH!
I just want out of the thirties!
To be honest I want to not care and be a slave to this machine, but yet like a INSANE person I get on it 5 times a day now!
I think I judge how well I am doing to my losses and I need to be thinking about my clothes......help me get off this cycle
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Good Morning Ladies!

I wanted to post my weekly results for following my first week with JUDDD (but not perfectly). Yes, DD have been hard. I've taken the advice of some posters and I don't strive for perfection (yet). I am easing into the plan. For some, even at 700 calorie level they loose. Others basically have all their food in the PM. Others do MUDDD (I think they call it) where they switch from DD to UP at dinner time. As a creature of habit, the hardest thing for me has been the switch from UD day to DD day.

Start weight: 187.6
This morn: 183.4
---------------------------
4.2 pds down for the week!

Very pleased with the results! Even when I do induction I usually only loose 3lbs for the first week! I'm hoping I can stick with this! Supposedly, after the 2nd week "JUDDD Magic" kicks in and DD become so much easier!

DD menu for Today!
B: Coconut Pancakes w/ Walden Farms syrup
L: Sliders (made with 96% lean hamburger) wrapped with lettuce and a plate of vegetables
Sn: Jello with celery
D: Chicken stirfry
Sn: Probably 1/4 cup of thin oatmeal with WF Strawberry, hot tea, and fiber gummies! --Something to fill me up!

Jaiyce:: Yes, I've done that in the past too! To help with my "scale addition", I removed it from the bathroom and put it deep into the closet. That really helped me, since it became more trouble than it was worth to weigh. Only once a week I would drag it out!

Teresa: Too bad you are so white sugar sensitive. I have a friend who is like that but for him ALL sugars are off limits (white, artificial, natural) . He even has to watch the sugar in fruit! Bummer!

Liz:: After being working as a Credentialed Elementary Teacher, Hardware engineer, technical writer with consulting business, I am now pursuing a career in Healthcare Informatics. I just started a new term and this is a required accounting class (and it's my first accounting class ever) so I am having some adjustment issues.

I'm glad my adoption experience was helpful to you! Feel free to ask more questions at any time.

Amy:: Sorry to hear you've been sick. I always give myself a pass when I'm sick. Don't worry you'll be back in the sadle in no time.

Sounds like everyone is doing well! Have a blessed day everyone!

----------------------------------
Lynn

~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~
LowCarbMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Came to work late today due to the kids being out of school and didn't want to pay someone to watch the kids while they were sleeping.

Teresa: Your stats are very impressive - what plan did you use and how long did it take you?
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Lynn---bravo!! Those are fantastic results!! I think if upping the DD cals is working for you, stay with it until it doesn't---by then it might be easier to cut back a bit. I did look around on the JUDDD forums and again at the calculators. The maintenance cals that he lists for me are way below what I currently eat. Makes me wonder if I wouldn't be able to get away with a much higher DD than he requires..... I *think* I could maybe do 1000 cals every other day, but I'm not sure. Might play around with that some.

Jaiyce---I'm so sorry that stupid scale is trying to get the best of you! Don't let it! So have you lost the whole 30 lbs on this round of low carb? If so, have you started adding in some more carbs? What is your daily carb count at this point? I know people get scared to start upping the carbs but in the long run you will be so happy that you did---and in the short run you might be surprised as it may actually crank the fat burning up a notch. I think most of us have bodies that get very used to the same thing over and over and start to stabilize around that, so introducing new foods via healthy carbs may just be the thing to trick it into behaving the way you want it to! All that said, it also may just be the stress/pressure you are feeling right now---that can often wreak havoc on the scale. Hang in there---we're here for ya!

Fonda---I low carbed the majority of the weight off. I lost somewhere between 150-170 the first year---scary huh?! The best and most painless (not that it wasn't hard---but much less difficult than any other attempt) weight loss of my life---and I did it all eating lots of great food! I also had a few 'off plan' (although they were actually planned) eating days during that time---but when I was eating low carb I was 100% on with both what I ate, when I ate and how much I ate. I never ate super low carb and after the first 3-4 weeks I started slowly adding healthy carbs back in---so I lost the majority of my weight eating about 50-60 net carbs. Hmmmm, when I think about all that it seems even more crazy that I can't lose the last 10-15. Well, actually I've proven I can lose it....just can't seem to keep it off.

So where are the rest of our lovely ladies?? I know many of you don't post when you are off plan---but eating well or not, get in here and tell us what's up!!

My water consumption today sucks. I have drank enough hot tea to fill a bathtub I think but plain ole water I'm having a hard time getting down. Not sure what my problem is as that used to be a no brainer for me. And TOM is finally trying to make an appearance---wish he would just come on so we can get this over with. Plus not sure if I can eat anymore peanut butter and chocolate....ok, of course I can but I have eaten copious amounts the last 10 days or so while TOM has been delaying himself and I really need to quit it!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Fonda---I low carbed the majority of the weight off. I lost somewhere between 150-170 the first year---scary huh?! The best and most painless (not that it wasn't hard---but much less difficult than any other attempt) weight loss of my life---and I did it all eating lots of great food! I also had a few 'off plan' (although they were actually planned) eating days during that time---but when I was eating low carb I was 100% on with both what I ate, when I ate and how much I ate. I never ate super low carb and after the first 3-4 weeks I started slowly adding healthy carbs back in---so I lost the majority of my weight eating about 50-60 net carbs. Hmmmm, when I think about all that it seems even more crazy that I can't lose the last 10-15. Well, actually I've proven I can lose it....just can't seem to keep it off.

:
That is amazing! Have you shared your before and after photos here? Pictures are so inspirational! Did you exercise the entire time lowcarbing?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lizaP
Stats: 250/
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Hi Everybody

I am new to posting -- I have a lot of weight to lose -- just starting Atkins -- question regarding exercise type and duration -- and also does anyone have a soup for induction phase. thanks
lizaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Liza---welcome! Have you seen Linda Sue's website before? She has all kinds of wonderful low carb recipes. Here's the link:

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

At the bottom hit the recipe button and then you can pick from soups, main dishes, desserts, etc. The recipes that have * behind them are induction friendly. If you're like most of us you will find lots of recipes there that you will love! One of my favorite soups is Pumpkin Sausage and I also love the Southwestern Taco one.

Fonda---hmmm, I've posted pics a couple of times over the years, let me go see if I can find some of them. I'm still not very fond of having my pic taken but I try to post one at least once a year just to keep me honest! When I first started on this board the whole Kimmer thing was a big deal---not sure if you know who she was, actually I don't really either but apparently she scammed a lot of people and used a skinny model to portray herself/her weight loss. Not that I'm selling anything (nor do I look like a skinny model ), but also don't want people to think I'm a fraud---if it weren't for that I probably would have never posted a pic!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Post 32 in this thread has a kinda before (not my heaviest) and kinda after. Strange, although I'm a good 10-15 lbs heavier than I was in this pic, I actually think I look thinner now....but I know I'm not because those pants are skin tight on me. Hmmmm....I am pretty certain my body shape is different now---thousands of dollars of plastic surgery apparently did some good.

Let's see your before and after pictures!

I know I have posted a few other current ones over the last couple of years, just not sure where to find them. I suppose I am due sometime soon to post another one.... I'll have to make that a goal for this spring.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, and the exercising question came up again.....sadly, I really didn't consistently do anything. From the beginning I just tried to be more active. When I felt up to it, I started taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parked further away, etc. It built from there to the point where I would say that I am typically a fairly active person.....but formal exercise has not played any role in my weight loss. For the last year I have tried to be more consistent with getting in some type of exercise several times a week and have been for the most part followed through with that---but it certainly hasn't helped me lose any weight. It does however make me feel better and I know that it's good for other parts of me....just doesn't necessarily impact the fat parts of me!

Last edited by Teresa123; 01-16-2012 at 04:39 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi Ev1,has anyone heard from Amy,I hope her and her husband are feeling better.Have a good night all,I'm on my way to play spades on pogo.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama sunshine View Post
Hi Ev1,has anyone heard from Amy,I hope her and her husband are feeling better.Have a good night all,I'm on my way to play spades on pogo.
Awwww. You're so so sweet! I'm on my fourth day of antibiotics and I'm doing a lot better. I appreciate all the support and well wishes. DH is doing loads better as well.

Sorry I didn't post any updates. I was mostly lurking and was too tired to post. I went back to work today. I work retail and the ladies I work with let me take it on the easy side.

I went back on plan today. Well, mostly. Had some hot cocoa at work to help with the throat. Didn't think to take tea bags with me to make tea on my break. I'll do that tomorrow.

I hope this finds all of you well. I'm posting a link to a guy on youtube who dropped the weight. I don't know what his woe is but I found this video to be very motivational. He's a very silly guy but has a very good and positive message.

I've changed! - YouTube

Last edited by Indomitable Amy; 01-16-2012 at 10:04 PM..
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the support!
Low Carb Me- I have tried to hide it, but I dig it out...I have tried telling DH to hide it and then he fears me when I demand it back....I know...I am crazy!
Teresa- first off your pictures are amazing and you look beautiful! I can't imagine what you must feel, I would love to see more! I think you need to get yourself in the camera now! I did lose from the 256 mark to this weight on LC ( began Nov 21). I stayed in induction because of how much I have to lose,but would be more than willing to try to bring it up a bit with healthy carbs...I eat about 15-20ish a day
Amy- so glad you are feeling better!
Lisap- welcome!
Today I tried hard to shrug off the scale but I am still pretty annoyed. I need this so bad I will just need to keep going...here is my menu, I tried to add some calories
Breakfast -2 eggs ,3 bacon, 1tbsp cream ( in eggs)
Snack- celery and 2tbsp of cream cheese
Lunch- 4 oz steak
Snack- 2 cups lettuce,1/2 cup cucumber, 2 slices tomato, 1oz feta, 4 olives
Dinner- 4 oz ground beef, 3/4 cup green beans, 1/4 cup Atkins recipe for Alfredo
Snack- Linda "jello cheesecake)

Have a great day
Old 01-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! Woke up to a couple of inches of snow.

Winifred---how are things going for you?

Amy---so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Antibiotics sure are a blessing when needed! Just so you know, you can buy sugar free hot cocoa. I think it's Swiss Miss or one of the common brands that makes it. Also sugar free cough drops, medicines, etc. I'll have to check out that youtube when I get home tonight---I love watching silly people!

Jaiyce---thank you. Your menu looks great! So which Atkins version are you following? With the rungs I believe the next thing to add carb wise is more veggies. But if you are following a different version there really is no 'rule' on what to add in first---just make it whole foods and stay away from things that you know to be triggers for you. I believe you add 5 carbs of whatever food you choose and eat that every other day for a week. Just stick with one new food for that week so you can test how your body responds to it. The scale might immediately go up, might go down, might stay the same but you need to give it a full week to see how your body is really going to react. Unless of course it sets off cravings---then I say back off that thing for now and try something else. Anyway---you might want to check the book on all of that....I'm a little rusty and didn't exactly follow all the rules! But I did follow the overall method. One thing I believe that people do 'wrong' when adding carbs is adding too many at once or the wrong kinds. Additionally people freak out when the scale goes up and automatically assume that additional carbs won't work for them. You really have to follow the plan, do it slowly, and give it time. It's really more important to pay attention to how you feel when adding in carbs--not what the scale does. The scale will work itself out if you give it some time. Hmmmm, that makes it sound like the scale will automatically go up--which isn't true. For me it did occasionally, but often it would go down right away when I introduced new things. Probably what encouraged me to keep doing it!

Oh, and I should mention that if your cals have been the same for the last couple of months and you are now adding some, you may see some fluctuations in the scale. Could be down, could be up, but give it a week or so to stabilize and move in the right direction. Our bodies react to change, which we can always play to our advantage over the long haul but sometimes in the short run it's not the result we hope for. Just have to keep the big picture in mind. I think if it were me I wouldn't add any additional carbs in until you have at least stabilized eating at this higher cal level. Too many changes and our bodies kind of go crazy.

Well, I suppose I should get back to work. I have to get performance evals completed and presented within the next 2 weeks.....this is my least favorite part of my job so I'm going to be a bit grumpy for awhile. Plus I have cramps today and I woke up to snow---so I am overall not a happy camper.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

Yesterday was the easiest DD so far which I truly Welcomed! This morning, hungry but only to the point where Breakfast tasted really yummy and I was not ravenous. I hope this continues. DD even made brownies yesterday and I wasn't even tempted - not even a crumb!

Last night's snack turned out filling and it helped me get to sleep. It was a concoction of 1/2 pkg of grits, water, SF Coco mix, coco, sweetner, glucomannan powder, 1 tbsp of half n half for a total of 100 calories. I am so inspired not that now I'm thinking of different flavors like apple, lemon, orange, peanut butter, but of course nothing beats chocolate!

Teresa: I just have to say WOW to your Weight Loss Journey and pics. You are amazing and look fantastic! A big Thank-you to all your supportive and right-on advice - priceless! You are truly a jewel!

It's hard for me to get in my water too! Last year I had a bout of kidney stones due to dehydration. I want to avoid that pain again! Yikes. Now a days I use flavored Stevia drops to help me with getting my water.

Liza: I second the Pumpkin Sausage soup! Its super yummy. Even my DH who is not LC loves it! I also like the White Chilli made with cauliflower, chicken, green chillis and lots of cream! You can search for it under Low Carb Recipe Help and Suggestions.

Well I'm off to start my day! Have a wonderful day everyone and we CAN do this!

----------------------------------
Lynn

~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~
LowCarbMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

good morning!

Teresea: thanks for giving us the link to your before/after- such an inspiration!!!! Such a beautiful woman. Did you have any issues with skin?

My eating is mostly on plan. I had contact with a police officer at my work who did Medi Weightloss approximatly 1 year ago =- wow she looks awesome! She is in the maintenance phase and is doing very well.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

LYNN....
Quote:
4.2 pds down for the week!
CONGRATS on your fantastic loss! You're doing great!
Quote:
Yesterday was the easiest DD so far which I truly Welcomed! This morning, hungry but only to the point where Breakfast tasted really yummy and I was not ravenous. I hope this continues. DD even made brownies yesterday and I wasn't even tempted - not even a crumb!
WTG on resisting the brownies! I'm glad your DD was easier! You're really rocking JUDD

Your snack does sound filling but I can't quite imagine grits in a sweet concoction. Interesting. Grits were a very common food when I was growing up. I LOVE grits with breakfast. Also shrimp and grits.

JAIYCE...WTG for staying on plan even when the scale isn't reflecting your dedication.
Quote:
I have tried to hide it, but I dig it out...I have tried telling DH to hide it and then he fears me when I demand it back....I know...I am crazy!
You do seem to be hard core when it comes to the scale! I have a suggestion....can you throw away the battery? If you don't keep batteries in your house (maybe keep at work) then you can only weigh when you bring in your battery. (unless your scale doesn't take batteries?)

Just a thought to save your DH

AMY...I'm so glad you and DH are feeling better!

TERESA....WOWZA! I don't think I've ever seen your before and after pix. You look AMAZING! what an incredible transformation!!! You are gorgeous!

I hope work goes well and the reviews aren't too bad. Sorry about the cramps and lousy weather

hello to everyone else!!!

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-17-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Things are going good,thanks Teresa for asking.As long as I have something prepared to eat when I'm hungry I do okay.

Worked on some knee bends today,just something to get my knees stronger and the heart rate up some.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Awwww, you guys are so sweet!

Lynn---thanks for the reminder on adding something to the water to make it more tempting. I love it with lemon....and I have some lemons in the fridge.....just keep forgetting to use them! I'll have to do that tonight.

Sounds like you are doing fantastic with JUDDD!! You are inspiring me to think about it more!

Fonda---yep, lots of excess skin. I've had several 'nip tuck' surgeries in the last few years and yet another planned for this spring. As you can see from the pic I carried almost all of my excess weight in the middle and I have been obese--morbid and even super--all my life so there was pretty much no chance for my skin to recover. I'll probably be in debt forever but it's worth it.

I'm not familiar with Medi Weightloss, is that the one where you drink a lot of shakes?

Liz--good idea on removing the batteries from the scale and leaving them at work...hadn't thought of that!

So have you done any more social activities?

I didn't end up making those pb and squash cookies/brownies this weekend but I did go search for more recipes like that and found that one or some variation over and over. I think what made me decide not to make them was they were described a couple of times as 'cake like' and personally---I like my cookies 'cookie like!'

Winifred---glad things are going well! And yay you on getting in some exercise!

Vicki, Jen, Linda--how are you ladies doing?? And how about all the new folks that joined but haven't been around?? Check in time everyone!

There is a new recreation place opening up in the area and it's just a huge room full of trampolines! It looks totally fun/crazy and they say that you will burn like 1000 calories per hour! I'm sure it will be packed with lots of kids initially but I am definitely going to be checking that place out---talk about a fun way to get a great work out!

I'm starting a 100 day challenge next week. It's something that is being sponsored by our state. Not sure what it really entails but focus is health, fitness, weight, etc. I got a group of I think 6-7 people at work to do it with me so it should be fun, and I figure that will get me through until the weather is warmer. I seem to naturally have a lot more motivation when it's warmer---when it's cold I just want to hibernate ....and eat.

Oh yeah---and anyone have any thoughts on Paula Deen revealing that she is diabetic and has been for a few years? Sounds like it is kind of pissing people off. Personally--I have always said if we could get Paula to go sugar free we could get some awesome recipes--so I was A-OK with the news! Not that I want anyone to be diabetic---but I'd love to see some of the low carb creations she could come up with!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

No Teresa, Medi Weightloss is basically lowcarb but I think it is lower fat there are several forums on LCF. As far as the excess skin, I have been pretty much obese/morbidly obese my adult life. Excess skin is one of the things I worry about because I know I will not be able to afford to have it removed, and really bad credit to try and finance it. I am not going to worry about that though, I just want this weight off!

Good morning! This is my Friday and I can't wait until 1pm when I get off. No big plans for my days off, just cleaning. I am going to miss my sons basketball game on Saturday because my daughter has a b-day party to go to (heartbreaking because this is the first one I have ever missed). Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be back online on Sunday unless I make it up to the library before then.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I'm doing well with eating low carb. I'm staying off of the scale for now because I don't need the head games. I don't want to focus on the numbers. Instead I am choosing to focus on sticking to planned meals and eating reasonable amounts of healthy foods. Each day I do that is a victory!

FONDA....I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Sorry your plans won't allow you to attend your son's game.

TERESA.... I am going to a book club meeting today.
It is through a Church.
I have a card game and another book club meeting (with the social group) next week
Did you ever decide on a meet up group? The dining group you mentioned sounds interesting

That challenge group sounds like fun and a good motivator! Let us know when you get more details so we can cheer you on!
Quote:
Oh yeah---and anyone have any thoughts on Paula Deen revealing that she is diabetic and has been for a few years? Sounds like it is kind of pissing people off. Personally--I have always said if we could get Paula to go sugar free we could get some awesome recipes--so I was A-OK with the news! Not that I want anyone to be diabetic---but I'd love to see some of the low carb creations she could come up with!
I feel empathy for anyone that has to deal with diabetes. It would be awesome if she went sugar free and used the diabetes diagnosis to do some good for other people.
Is she required to divulge her personal health information because she is a well known chef/cook????
Her brand/image and cooking style are obviously not the healthiest. I don't think she has ever mislead anyone there.

ALABAMASUNSHINE...KUTGW! Good job on being prepared and doing some exercises!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone !

It is freezing here! Minus 35 and I am a little grumpy because of it!

Healthylowcarbin- OMGosh I never thought of the batteries! That's brilliant! I saw 231.1 yesterday and 232 today and felt like kicking someone!
I have to stop or this will sabatoge me

Ok, so here is my commitment and I would love accountability to it...I will weigh myself tomorrow and then get someone to hide the battery for one week. I know I am doing good so I have to stop using the scale to judge how I am doing.

Teresa- I am following the newest version, it says I can stay induction as long as I need but it's benn almost 2 months now and I think I am ready to add some, the 5 a week. I have really missed fruit, and more lately.

I have a close friend that lost 80 pounds on medifast, but they stopped shipping to Canada. It did return fast but she feels it was because she didn't do maintainace and went back to old ways, now she is trying Atkins
I also have a close friend trying the PINK method, she feels good but it looks a little hard.
Breakfast-2 turkey sausage with 1 egg and cheese
Lunch- broccoli and cauliflower with bacon, cheese salad
Snack- celery and cream cheese
Dinner- 6 oz Of chicken with 1 cup Brussels sprouts and tried a new LC mushroom sauce
Snack- Atkins bar

Have a great Day!,,