Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Teresa, I'm going a couple of days in advance. I need to plan weekly, though. It's easier to budget that way.

Liz, I ended up having eggs over hard. I discovered my sour cream had expired and that threw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. I got some more sour cream so I'll be good to go tomorrow.

You guys, I have to tell you that I'm proud of myself. I work for a company that does a lot of employee appreciation. When I got to work, I was informed that there was soda (gave up soda) chips, cake, cinnamon rolls and chocolate donuts. I stuck to my guns and ate what I took to work. Good thing it was full fat and satisfying or I would have dove into the rice crispy treats.
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Jaicye--- I'm sorry you were having a down day. But good for you for not drowning your sorrow in a bag of chips! On the DH thing, over the years I have seen many spouses and family members convert to lower carb and/or healthier eating when someone else in the family has been doing it for awhile and is successful---so there is definitely still hope for DH!

Your menus look good, but kinda slim. I know this is where I tend to piss people off but I really don't mean to. I'm just a really big proponent of eating plenty of healthy food and lots of fat as I believe that helps to heal messed up metabolisms (like most of us have from years of dieting) plus when we're well fed it's easier not to succumb to overeating or eating off plan. So, not a judgement, just a thought...or observation...or whatever.

Winifred---so did you get started on the 8th? If so, how is it going??

Thanks Teresa, I love the input! Where do you think I am slim on the menu? I totally am open to any feedback! I know you know what you are doing!
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tgrant0613
Stats: 284/261/125
WOE: Basic Lo Carb
Start Date: Feb/2013 (restart)
Hi Everyone =) My name is Tammy. I am starting my locarb way of life again... this time for diabetic and hbp reasons. I'm so glad I found this site! Today is only day 2 of my restart but one day at a time! So many things in my life have been out of control... and i just seemed to follow the pattern. Time to take control back over what i can.
tgrant0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrant0613 View Post
Hi Everyone =) My name is Tammy. I am starting my locarb way of life again... this time for diabetic and hbp reasons. I'm so glad I found this site! Today is only day 2 of my restart but one day at a time! So many things in my life have been out of control... and i just seemed to follow the pattern. Time to take control back over what i can.
Tammy. You already have a head start with ONE DAY AT A TIME That is really the key to everything. I'm right there with you. There's a lot in my life too that feels out of control. I'm in Overeaters Anonymous and the ODAT (one day at a time) philosophy really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannabownanna View Post
Hey Winnifred!! I started on 1/8/2012 to!!
I have a lot to lose. I was at 419lbs on Saturday morning when I got on the scale and I almost fainted!! Never thought I would see that number again but here I am!
I have already lost down to 412.2 and I'm stoked!!
Let's do this together!!

and I would like to join this group if that's ok??
Nanna. Good attitude

Liz, thanks for the Netrition recommendations and the warning about the Quest bars. I will take that seriously as I know you are right.

Day 3 on plan, thank you God. My goal is to get in the 160's by the end of the month

Gotta go exercise. Later.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning and Happy Hump Day everyone!

Nanna---of course you can join we would love to have you!! Wow---you've lost a lot in just a few days, how exciting!! And you have a great attitude to boot!

Amy---yay you on skipping all the carby junk food! I also work in a place where we are constantly rewarded and incented with food. And I definitely find that having great filling food with me is the bast way to avoid all the junk!

Jaiyce---I'll be back later with some 'tools' for you to look at regarding calorie intake, etc. I have this weird thing---probably from dieting all my life---that my head is basically an automatic calculator when I look at foods. So if you write 2 eggs, I don't first see 2 eggs, I see 150 calories, etc. It's kind of helpful for me, but also can be a curse. So far I haven't figured out a way to shut it off....but then again not sure that I should. Anyway, I'll look at your menu again when I get done with my meeting but I remember thinking it wasn't a lot of cals which is what prompted my comments. I'm very glad you weren't offended, because I really just want to see people succeed in all ways when it comes to weight/health/nutrition!

Tammy As you know this woe is great for diabetes and hbp so you will have a great outcome with it! And as far as getting back under control---I find that so many things in my life that felt out of control are under control when I'm eating right and taking care of my health. And the things that are out of control I can deal with better when I feel better.

OK, meeting time again, be back in a bit to finish up reading.
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Good morning! Getting ready to walk my mile. I will be MIA until Sunday. I don't have internet at home and I have off Thu - Sat. Have a good weekend and talk to you all on Sunday!
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
211.8 dang, scale is going the wrong way.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Fonda---good for you for getting that walk in at work! Chicken McNuggets are not the end of the world at all....it's what you do after that which will determine your fate. Do you always have 3 day weekends?? That would be sooo nice! Hope you have a great weekend!

Linda---Netrition....pretty much the only things I order are baking supplies which now comes down to Erythritol mostly, oh and peanut flour. Hmmm, I'm still trying to catch up on reading but I missed Liz's warning on the Qwest Bars. Personally, I didn't like them much, but I'm not a fan of bars as they don't fill me up in the slightest and most of them have a bunch of whey or other protein in them that I don't like.

Vicki---you are definitely going to town with the quinoa! I'd love to hear any recipes that come out fantasic. Where have you been buying it from by the way? It tends to be pretty expensive around here but prices are thankfully coming down as it's becoming easier to find.

Liz---I am a Penzy's snob! I love all of their cinnamons including the one you mentioned. I have gotten to where I now typically just buy the one that is a blend of all the 'fancy' ones and I love it! I have seen quorn before in the health food stores but it always scared me because I couldn't figure out exactly what it was made from! What does it taste like?

Well, people use to think of me whenever they saw pb....now it's winter squash...not sure if that is a step up or down?! Hmmmm, now I'm wondering if there is a way I could combine my 2 favorite foods together?

Lynn---I love white teas as well. TJ's has a great one, I think it's Ginger Pear, that I really like. Now---as far as the roasted dandelion one....I hate it! Another poster that used to be here and I went through a period of trying to drink that stuff and we dubbed it 'dirt tea!'

Thank you so much for posting your menu--if you don't mind I would love to see your DD menus as you do this plan as I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around 500 cals. Actually if I remember right the calculators said I had to do 420 or something like that. I'm just not sure how to get that low....I should definitely go check out the Juddd boards, I'm guessing they post menus there. So were you starving during your first down day?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Good Morning All and Welcome to the new faces!

Today is a DD for me so gotta stay centered (meditation) and mindful of what I eat! Yesterday was an UD and I did seem a tad hungrier than usual but at 1500 calories I was plenty satisfied!

Okay confession time! I have to tell you about my ONE food that I have a hard time resisting -- Vanilla Oreos! I could sit down an eat a dozen, literally. I'm trying to break the desire for them! I haven't had them for probably 2 weeks but I desire them. I really think they put something in them that is addicting (maybe one of those many additives?). I remind myself of how unhealthy they are, all the chemicals, insulin spikes, etc. and yet I still desire them?

Does anyone have any tips that has worked for them? Anyhoo, I feel better now that I've come clean!

Liz, I would PM you but I'm pretty new at posting and I don't think I have privileges but I'm still willing to talk to you about adoption. Would it be kosher to start an adoption thread or do you have any ideas?

----------------------------------
Lynn

~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~

Last edited by LowCarbMe; 01-11-2012 at 09:45 AM..
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Jaiyce---so I went back and looked at your menu and it looked like maybe 1200 cals at most, which is what sparked my question/concern. I'm a big believer in eating up to your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and beyond in order to heal metabolism and keep it healthy---and to consistently lose weight. I tend to believe that mysterious stalls and bouncing around a lot on the scale are due to eating too little more often than eating too much (although the latter certainly can happen---but with most of us we've been programmed to think less is better when trying to lose weight). Anyway, here is a tool that might be good to look at:

BMR Calculator

If you enter the stats asked for---current weight not goal---it will give you the minimum amount of calories that your body at rest (i.e. lying in bed 24/7) needs to be healthy. Then if you look on that page there is a link to the Harris Benedict Equation which will help you calculate your caloric needs based on activity level, etc. After that you can determine how many calories to cut from that to give you a rough idea how many cals to eat in a day and still be able to lose X lbs a week.

I'm not suggesting at all that you or anyone needs to count calories. I think it's just some good information to play with and if for instance it ended up that you needed to up your calories it doesn't have to mean redesigning your whole menu---might just be adding more butter to something or using more salad dressing or adding in a high fat snack...that kind of thing. As low carbers our world is full of fat so upping cals is really pretty easy!!

So anyway, if you get a few minutes to check it out, I highly recommend it! I didn't know such a thing even existed when I first started this journey but I started with the mind set that I did not want to diet, I just wanted to change what I was eating and eat 'normal' portions and do something that I could maintain for life. I was amazed when I realized I was eating tons more than on any weight loss attempt in the past (including low carb), and losing more---and more consistently. When I started finding info on things like the BMI calculators and starvation theory---I was already a believer because all I had to do was look at my current plan and my past plans and it all made sense!

Now---all of that said, I know we all have to do this our own way, and I totally respect everyones right to do whatever is right for them. I just wish on all my past attempts and stalls, etc. that someone would have told me all this. Of course---I'm so stubborn I probably would not have listened.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---OK, so we know we can both react to that silly metal box in counter productive ways....so what is your plan for today?? How will you keep this from derailing you? Also---is it possible that your body is just reacting to the new foods and change in diet? If so, it will go right back down in a day or two.

Lynn--so you were hungry on an UP day? Is that normal? I do remember reading people that did medium days sometimes struggled more with those than DD's. I am seriously intrigued with this whole thing, I am going to do some reading tonight on JUDDD and then I suspect I will be pestering you with questions! Or---more questions than I'm already asking!

So here's my question on the Oreo's.....why do you need to quit eating them? Are they causing problems? Do you always eat a dozen when you eat them or are you just saying they are so good that you could (by the way, I could definitely eat that many...and more )? I'm thinking if I just had 1 food that wasn't really healthy but that I could moderate---I don't know if I would cut it out. Putting things on the NO list makes them that much more attractive...know what I mean? So if they could be a once a month or once a week thing---and not lead to any other issues, maybe that's not so bad....? I know, that's a crazy thing to hear on a low carb support board---but I'm kinda crazy. But if something in them triggers the 'more' response or any out of control type of eating---then figuring out how to let them go is the best solution I think.... Pretty much anything that is mainly made of white sugar does that to me.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hey everybody

I'm about to throw this computer out of the window. I keep losing posts. I think I got some kind of malware/virus running. Time to do some computer cleaning.

TERESA.... penzey snob, huh? thanks for mentioning the cinnamon mix. I'll have to try that.
there are quite a few recipes that combine your specialties of PB and squash! I had to look after I read your post. there are several soups and some cakes. I bet a cake would be tasty.

LYNN....WTG for resisting the oreo cravings for 2 weeks!
I have read a suggestion for overcoming cravings.
WARNING.....GROSS....please don't read if you have a weak stomach.........................
When you get a craving imagine that food covered with green mold, or white smelly soft spots (like fruit that has gone bad). Imagine the worst smell possible. Do this whenever you think of your problem food. Supposedly pairing the thought with gross stimuli will help kill the craving.

I can start a thread re. adoption in the lounge. I think it is for posting off topic discussions. Let me know if that is ok. I know that your input/information can bless/help many people.

LINDA... CONGRATS on day 3 on program! I hope you're having another good day!

AMY...WTG for passing up the work snacks! You're doing great!

NANNA & TAMMY...

sorry I need to run and cook dinner for DH.

I'll try to get back to post more.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Tammy and Nanna!!
Liz- I know what you mean about lost posts, my computer was about to be tossed a few posts ago, I am not copy and pasting in my email so that I wont lost it..then adding the faces..

How do you quote so many posts in one message though? I think that looks pretty neat, but I have no idea how...

Teresa- I dont know how to THANK YOU for all that information, I am shocked to see that my number is closer to 2200! I will be paying more attention to that for sure, it must be the reason I seem to do better on the scale after higher fat days or hungry days...

I hope you all had a great day today....its very busy for me..yikes...Work is insane as I am 3 weeks away from the event that I am project manager of. I baked the snap cheesecake squares tonight (Linda Low Carb Site) , I will let you know how they are. I better go and plan all my food for tomorrow as its a 10 hour day at least

Thanks again so much, So glad to have met you all and have this site
Old 01-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi,went to doctor today for my monthly checkup and I have lost 4 pounds I know its not alot but its a start.I'm just gonna keep trusting in God and keep losing,I can do this.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

WoooHoooo Alabama!
Congrats and keep going!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! It's a bitterly cold here---something below zero with the wind chill this morning ...oh, how I hate winter!

Liz---yes, I love Penzeys! I just got their monthly magazine and I'm so bummed that their freeby this time is Cinnamon Sugar (or is it Sugar Cinnamon?). But I'll get it and give it to someone else. Also, I don't always pay attention to their recipes but I don't remember seeing very many sweet recipes before and this months is loaded with them. Peanut butter pound cake---that looks fantastic! I'm thinking maybe I'll make a half recipe and turn them into cupcakes. Also the raisin sour cream bars look devine so I will be making those very soon.

I'm going to go search for pb/squash recipes!! I have a recipe for an African stew that has both in it but it had tomatoes and stuff in it which doesn't sound appealing to me with pb!

Jaiyce--I'm so glad you checked that out and you're very welcome! I lost all of my weight down to the last 20 lbs eating over 2000 cals daily. Then I got impatient with the last 20 and started lowering cals and messing around.....that's when I hit stalls and combined with some other stressors seems to be the root of developing a little binge disorder. I still have a problem with the whole patience piece of it, and the binge monster still rears his ugly head from time to time but I'm working on finding a balance....slowly but surely. AND--I still as a rule eat over 2000 cals a day and maintain. So I'm sooooo glad that I didn't eat lower cals to lose the weight because I would never make it if I had to maintain on less!

Good luck on finishing your project! I love project management and have thought about looking into jobs in that area but sadly you really need to be pretty proficient with a lot of computer related things...which I am not!

Winifred--- yay on the 4 lbs!! Heck, that's like 4 lbs in 4 days?? That is awesome!!

Kitties woke me up about 4am playing super kitty again. If they weren't so darn cute I would kill them!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #108
Junior LCF Member

THanx Everyone!!

I am trying to get familiar with how this board works... bare w/ me! lol Do we post what we eat, exercise, etc here??? or somewhere else? Anywho.... I am feeling really good this morning. My blood sugar was down 70 points from yesterday morning. Today is day #3... I am down 8lbs. I know, water weight... but idc... its a loss! lol I feel better and am not as bloated - whoooo! I did my wii fit yesterday for 25 minutes.
B: 2 eggs w/ shredded cheese
L: Tuna Salad... no crackers.... that was difficult! Gonna get some celery stix!
D: Taco Salad... no shell! (I'm kinda proud of myself)

*Thank you all for the welcomes and encouragement!! I am grateful more than you know*!!!

Tammy
Old 01-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Awesome!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

TeresaI let the stupid metal box derail me, I got into crackers and popcorn last night and some candy today. Crapola.

Tammy Welcome to you. You can post whatever you want. We are very open. Nothing is set in stone. We are here to cheer you on.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Evening Ladies!

Super busy today. Taking classes for my fourth career! Financial Accounting is killing me! Give me programming, statististics, anatomy anything but ACCOUNTING Gotta get through, it's a requirement!

Yesterday was a DD and I admit, I caved right before bedtime and had an extra 200 calories. Hate going to bed hungry. So I read a lot on the JUDDD board and I've come up with some strategies to combat this. Going to try to eat more later in the day AND save some calories for something filling (and yummy) right before bed.

Teresa: Thanks for the suggestions on the battling the cookie monster. It's true sometimes when you give yourself permission to do something, the thing becomes so less attractive!

Liz: : Also good suggestions about my cookie desire. Yes, next time I have the urge, I'll read the ingrediant list. That should be enough to make be back away!

Also, I'll be looking for your adoption thread in the lounge. If you could please give me a heads up that will help alot!

Good job ladies for staying on track! We can do this!!!!!

----------------------------------
Lynn

~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ,yes Nannabownanna we have alot to lose ,lets team up and do this.I'm in alabama,what part of georgia? I'm near Auburn,Al. not too far from Columbus,Ga.I'm just glad for all the support from this group.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!
So I baked the Snap Cheesecake Squares and yesterday I somehow screwed it
So I tried again tonight and .....sad to say ....I am not a huge fan...I think I will stick with the Jello Cheesecake!

Let me know about the PB and squashThat sounds interesting

Teresa. Hope your kitty's Let you get sleep tonight!
Lynn- good luck with your class, it sound scary to me!

This thread is lots of fun!

Breakfast-2 eggs and Sausage coffee with cream
Snack- bar
Lunch- burger paty, mayo and Swiss with side salad
Dinner-6 oz of pork Chop, mashed Cauliflower
Snack-cheesecake square
Old 01-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning---it's Friday!!

Tammy---holy cow---lots of victories there! 70 pts down on blood sugar is amazing! And 25 minutes on the Wii and 8 lbs down!! Go you!! I'm with you on the lbs down---who cares what it is, it is now gone!! Oh and yes, please post whatever you want.

So what kind of exercise do you do on the Wii Fit? I have one....just need to hook it up! So get me excited about all the fun exercises so I'll do it!

Lynn---well I say good for you for only going over 200. If I get too hungry and try to eat a little something, it usually turns into an all out pig out!

Yeah, I really think for me anyway when I say something is on the 'never' list than I just want it more. I now eat anything except white sugar--so that means potatoes, pasta, bread, etc. but the funny thing is that I rarely eat them. Typically it's just when on vacations or out to eat---very occasionally at home I will have them, but even then it's small amounts. The white sugar thing is the only thing I have not been able to control---and it ticks me off! It is definitely my kryptonite ---whether it is truly a physiological thing or it's psychological....who knows. I do eat raw sugars and other natural sugars and although I can certainly overeat things I make with them---they don't set off the out of control binge behavior that refined white sugar does.

Winifred---hey, how's it going??

Vicki--- so what is the 'recovery' plan for today? Maybe from now on when we have an unexplainable 'up' on the scale we need to post a plan for that day of how we are not going to let that stupid scale (and our crazy little brains ) win!

Jaiyce--I don't think I've ever tried the Snap Cheesecake Squares, guess I need to go check those out! Have you ever made the cheesecake muffins before? Those were something I ate virtually every day for the first year or so....LOVE them! I add pb and sour cream to them, as well as sf chocolate chips and they are the bomb!!

I didn't find anything that looked very good with pb and squash....only some soups. Liz---if you remember where you saw the cake recipes, let me know.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA....
I looked and couldn't find the cake recipes again?!?! I'll search when I have a bit more time because I am curious.

I did find a couple of recipes that look interesting. The brownie one got many raves and looks quite simple. I'm not sure about the honey or if subs could work. I have read that you could use defrosted frozen butternut squash which would make it very easy.

There are also a few different recipes with zucchini and PB combos (muffins)

Here are a couple of the recipes I found:

Peanut butter squash cookies (from blog: ally’s kitchen)

Pre-heat oven to 325

½ cup mashed butternut squash (can substitute acorn squash)

1 ½ cups peanut butter

2 eggs (beaten)

1/3 cup sugar substitutue

1 tsp vanilla
finishing salt

In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the first 5 ingredients and blend well. Using a small cookie scoop (with a squeeze on the handle that releases the cookie batter) place on cookie sheet that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Using a fork make the criss-cross peanut butter cookie imprints. Sprinkle lightly and sparingly with finishing salt. Place in oven and bake about 10 minutes. These cookies will be very moist and soft. Allow to cool completely.

PEANUT BUTTER SQUASH BROWNIES
by Nancy

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup cooked butternut squash

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

PB squash brownie recipe
1 C nut butter (peanut, almond, roasted cashews, pecan) 
½ C honey
½ tsp baking soda
1 egg
3 – 4 T cocoa 
½ C cooked butternut squash mashed until smooth 
½ C chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Mix ingredients well. Pour into greased baking pan, bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey ladies! Happy Friday!

I'm happy to report that I'm making good progress on one of my main New Year's resolutions (to become more social)!!!!
I went to my first new neighbors meeting yesterday. They are a big social group here. I had a blast and I joined several different groups including a card playing group, ethnic dining group, stock investing group, day trippers (explore local interesting things together), antique shopping, and a book club.
Most of them only meet once per month so it is a good start!

I had a great day yesterday with my eating which is unusual because TOM is starting. Usually I have crazy cravings and intense hunger. I think that working on my social goal and taking my mind off of FOOD and having fun helped.

TERESA...sorry I forgot to answer your ? re. quorn. I got DH some quorn "turkey" burgers and threw them in the microwave. Well, they looked like an old hockey puck and were tasteless. . I know I've cooked quorn for DH before and he liked it I'm not sure it this was a bad box or if it was my cooking method. I'll probably try it again cooked in some evoo on the stove top. I don't think I gave it a fair chance in the microwave.

PB pound cake does sound fantastic! Let us know if you make the raisin sour cream bars. I bet dried cranberries would be excellent In those.

JAYICE...I've never heard of the snap cheesecake squares but thanks for posting your experience with them. ITA with Teresa re. the cheesecake muffins...very delish and very easy to make
Your menu looks really good. KUTGW!!!

WINIFRED
…… BRAVO on losing 4lbs!!! Yes, you can do this! Keep the faith!

TAMMY…WOW…fantastic job of getting your blood sugar down AND losing 8lbs AND doing wii fit !!! You are doing great!

I like to use boiled egg whites to fill with tuna salad. I usually add the egg yolk into the tuna mixture.

VICKI….Please check in. I hope you’re back on track. You can do this!

LYNN… Good luck on the accounting. I loved accounting classes. My dad was an accountant and I think it is in my blood. My original plan was to become a CPA (I changed to nursing when my dad died unexpectedly and I wanted to "save the world" and do more than his nurses did) I wish there was some way I could help you..
What career are you working on?

I also hate going to bed hungry. It makes it tough to sleep.
Good job on limiting your overage to 200 calories and on planning for your next down day. You’re doing great!
I’ll start an adoption thread and post a link, thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LYNN.... here is the thread I started for adoption info:http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-adoption.html
Old 01-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scox24
Stats: 220
Start Date: July 5, 2011
I've been a 'lurker'

My husband and I are going to try to live a low-carb life - I feel better, he feels better and I think it has to be the 'way' for us - forever (or at least for today). I have just retired so have time to cook and try recipes - I fix what he eats everyday (sure do run the DW often!). Have several cookbooks and find some great recipes on here, as well as in my many LC cookbooks. I will start reading something here everyday - I am a junk food junkie - love the salt, fortunately my BP has never been a problem (his either). It would be nice to have someone cooking everything I put in my mouth, making my lunch, etc. but that's not going to happen, so I must bite the bullet and stay focused. I am joining the "Y" next week with a friend so will make exercise a more regular thing in my life. Thanks for listening - I will be watching - and just being on the LC diet since Monday (1/9/12) I have more energy and feel better - why do I want to eat crap???
scox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Big thanks to everyone for your encouragement!!

Teresa: I do the Wii strength training and the aerobics alternating days. It definately works ya out! I really like that fact that it tracks ur progress (BMI and Weight). The more you do, the more things u unlock to do. I am going to venture into the Yoga next. You can also build ur own workout if u have the wii fit plus program.

I didn't get in any exercise time yesterday... had a long work day/night. I will get on the wii today tho.

Fridays food:

B: Eggs/bacon
L: nada... brkfst was late.
D: (planned) - Baked Tilapia fillets; cabbage
S: (planned) - celery n pb.

I love the fact that I am feeling stronger and more in control. I work with individuals who have developmental disabilities and I also take care of my mom who has severe COPD (lung disease) - to say stress levels run high is an understatement. It is Uber important for me to do some things for myself and I have taken steps to do just that. I have also incorporated "quiet time" to pray and think and clear my thoughts. I love the fact that when I eat lo-carb, I don't have alot of cravings or hunger pains. I am off work today and plan on getting some things done that will help me feel accomplished as well. I pray everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in, derailed a bit. Hoping to get back on track. As usual I am floundering around trying to find what works. I am sick of the healthy stuff LOL. I made a tofu mock taco "meat" topping for taco salad last night. It was ok, but tonight I am making chili with real meat and stuff. I had full fat yogurt with pnut butter and a banana with unsweetened coconut for breakfast, yummy. And, I felt satisfied afterwards. Lunch was fresh veggies with humus and taboulah, what was left of it. I am ready for some "rib-sticking" chili tonight!

scox, welcome aboard. Don't stay lurking. We welcome your input.

I found out today that I have 100 lbs of grass fed beef going to the locker for processing. I got it for 2.80 a lb. Now I just need to figure out how I want it processed then I will pay for it and a new freezer.

Liz, those brownies sound yummy.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 01-13-2012 at 02:48 PM..