Old 01-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2getmoving View Post
If I am MIA, it means I am off plan and up to no good!
Fonda

I do the same thing too. I isolate if I am up to no good.

Teresa were you at TJs yesterday around 4 in the afternoon? If so, did you sample a piece of pizza? (So did I <<< embarrassed)

Last edited by vli1127; 01-08-2012 at 12:21 PM..
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Thanks for the warm welcomes!!! I am looking forward to this year and just KNOW it is going to be the year for everything to CLICK!
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hi everyone,
I have to say I am feeling blue....not sure all what about..maybe TOM ( had a hysterectomy so hard to know when) but also I was pretty dumb to try the scales after dinner when we got home from being away and saw 238!!! I know that would be 6 pounds gain!!! I had just ate a very big dinner steak and Caesar salad but seriously!! I was just down to 232, now that was in the morning but I don't think I will sleep off 6 freaking pounds!
Also, I was excited because hubby said 2 weeks ago he would give this plan a try and then I asked him on Sunday last week and he said "next week" and now tonite he tells me he does not think its for him.....and he has no plan in sight..I am worried about him and I guess he is just not ready. I thought I was about to have a in home buddy
Maybe also a little bit off the " holidays are over" too...kids go back tomorrow and I am at work....
Sorry for all the whining, but the important thing is I am not drowning my poor me moments in a bag of chips, right?
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Not as bad as last night but still showing 234
Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Jaiyce - I am sure those extra lbs will come off. I wished my husband would do the plan with me too but he won't. He tries to be supportive but he has seen me go on and off plan soo many times, he doesn't really try much anymore. This time, I haven't even told him about it.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(((((Jaiyce))))) hang in there, it will come off. Stick to the plan girl.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
hey ladies,

I'm doing well with my water consumption goal. I'm doing better with cutting down on grazing and I've been increasing my activities (wearing a pedometer). I'm not doing "perfectly" with everything but I'm definitely improving:jump joy:
Small steps in the right direction will get me there eventually!

VICKI...how is your food plan going? Are you still doing detox?

JAIYCE... If I eat caesar drag and a steak I will usually be up a bit on the scale for a day or two. the sodium makes it look like a gain but I always lose the weight AND more if I stick to the plan (if I'm doing atkins). Hang in there...I bet you'll lose that weight and more.
Sorry your DH is not ready to commit to following a plan with you. But I bet once he sees how fantastic you are doing he will jump on the wagon with you.
My DH totally changed his diet when he saw how much weight I was losing.
Quote:
Sorry for all the whining, but the important thing is I am not drowning my poor me moments in a bag of chips, right?
BRAVO for not turning to a bag of chips! We are here for you to vent. Believe me, we ALL have whined at times.
I hope you're feeling better

FONDA...

LINDA....yooooohooooo...where are you??? Do we need to send out a search party? I hope you're just really busy. Please check in when you can.

TERESA.... I'm missing your posts. I hope you're feeling better and work is going well.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Do you have room for one more?

I would like to get to know all of you and I really need some accountability to help keep me on track!

After initially losing 60 lbs I've been on this loose/gain cycle ( )and I need to break free! I owe it to myself and it's time for sure!

I've selected the JUDDD woe where you diet only every other day. I think I can handle that. This past summer I tried the hcg diet and lost 12 pds. Yes, it works but it's too strict and many days you feel kinda off. So JUDDD should be a breeze after that!

A little about me: I am 55 yrs old, have a husband of 15 years, an adopted daughter 11 years old (who is my blessing everyday), a puppy and a cat!

I am looking forward to posting often and getting to know all of you!
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbMe View Post
Do you have room for one more?

I would like to get to know all of you and I really need some accountability to help keep me on track!

After initially losing 60 lbs I've been on this loose/gain cycle ( )and I need to break free! I owe it to myself and it's time for sure!

I've selected the JUDDD woe where you diet only every other day. I think I can handle that. This past summer I tried the hcg diet and lost 12 pds. Yes, it works but it's too strict and many days you feel kinda off. So JUDDD should be a breeze after that!

A little about me: I am 55 yrs old, have a husband of 15 years, an adopted daughter 11 years old (who is my blessing everyday), a puppy and a cat!

I am looking forward to posting often and getting to know all of you!
CONGRATS on your 60lbs weight loss! :jump joy:
I think most of us can relate to the lose/gain cycle. I lost over 90lbs but gained back 30lbs.

I've considered doing JUDD. A lot of people seem to have great success with that. Please let us know how you're doing.
Have you determined your up day and down day calories? Do you plan to watch your carbs?

I hope you don't mind me saying this but I was very excited to read that you have an adopted daughter!!!! I have very recently started to strongly consider adoption. I've been married for 7 years and have had many pregnancy losses (sorry if too personal). It makes me happy to read/learn about people who have successfully grown their family through adoption
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Wish me luck. Tomorrow is A day. (A for Atkins. Get it? hee hee) I feel ready for this, uber excited.
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitable Amy View Post
Wish me luck. Tomorrow is A day. (A for Atkins. Get it? hee hee) I feel ready for this, uber excited.
AMY...GOOD LUCK!!!! I'm excited for you!
Do you have your menu planned out?
Please feel free to post/share your menu plan if it helps you for accountability

Is this your first time doing atkins?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome LowCarbMe. This is the place to be for accountability. We are a small group so you won't get lost here.

Amy, A day tomorrow, yippee.

Liz, I am eating clean and whole foods. Not totally meat free, but a lot more whole grains and fruit along with veggies. I tried quinoa for the first time tonight, yummy.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Liz, I've done Atkins before but never made it out of induction due to poor planning.

Vicki Yay for A day!

Breakfast: Cheese omelette with sour cream and salsa verde. (I get it in a bottle. It's made by Goya and is low carb. 1 carb per Tb. No sugar added. I don't find it to be hot but I'm half Mexican so don't take my word for it.) 3 slices of bacon. Coffee with half and half and liquid stevia.

Lunch: Chicken salad made from shredded chicken, mayo, wedge of laughing cow cheese (full fat), low carb dill relish, salt and pepper. A side of cherry tomatoes. Diet green tea.

Snack: 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner: Nice big salad. Spring mix with added baby spinach, grated cheese, crumbled bacon, crumbled boiled eggs, grilled chicken dressed with ranch dressing. Diet green tea.

Last edited by Indomitable Amy; 01-09-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi Everyone,just checking in.Rainy couple of days here.Staying busy inside.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the support and motivation!
I am still feeling pretty sorry for myself but I did sick to plan...I drank a lot of water today so I am hoping to flush out the salt.

Welcome LowCarbMe

Congrats Indomitable Amy for a successful Day!

Hope you all had a fantastic Day and I so appreciate everything!

B- 2 eggs in olive Oil with hwc
L- can of tuna with iceberg lettuce and 2 tsp mayo
D-2 cups Lettuce, 3 oz beef,1/4 cup Salsa, 2 tbsp sour cream, cheese
S-2 oz steak
Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
I'm here! Just been grouchy and lazy lately. I see tons of new posts and posters so I'm gonna read up as soon as I get my first meeting of the morning done!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Fonda-- I'm so glad you are joining us! No need to leave this challenge ever as the only thing we all are aiming for is doing better---and if you look at many of our posts we are human and definitely not perfect---so no one here is going to judge you. Honestly I find I get back on track quicker (although never as quick as I'd like ) if I say it out loud...or in this case type it out loud!

Vicki---nope, I didn't make it to TJ's at all this weekend. Was the pizza good? I've sampled their frozen ones before but I really would like them to have samples that are made with their fresh dough---but I've never managed to be there when they have samples of that.

Glad you like the quinoa! I love it and use the flakes a lot in baking. Have you come across other non-meat protein choices that you're loving? I'm not eating much meat at all but I'm still a little afraid to go completely meatless as I'm not sure if I'm getting enough complete protein. When in doubt I guess I can just throw some extra cheese on whatever or eat some more yogurt but I would like to find other ways to accomplish it.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Jaicye--- I'm sorry you were having a down day. But good for you for not drowning your sorrow in a bag of chips! On the DH thing, over the years I have seen many spouses and family members convert to lower carb and/or healthier eating when someone else in the family has been doing it for awhile and is successful---so there is definitely still hope for DH!

Your menus look good, but kinda slim. I know this is where I tend to piss people off but I really don't mean to. I'm just a really big proponent of eating plenty of healthy food and lots of fat as I believe that helps to heal messed up metabolisms (like most of us have from years of dieting) plus when we're well fed it's easier not to succumb to overeating or eating off plan. So, not a judgement, just a thought...or observation...or whatever.

Winifred---so did you get started on the 8th? If so, how is it going??
Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Amy--woohoo, today is the day!! And you've got your menu planned out and everything---yay you!! So do you have your week of menus planned out or will you do that day by day? Planning is sooooo key! I don't have to be quite as rigid now as I used to be the first year or two, but if I slack a little too much I'm in big trouble---so I really try to plan.

LowCarbMe--- Can I call you LCM or is there another name or nickname I can use? I'm lazy when it comes to typing! Congrats on the 60 lbs, that is fantastic!! I would also love to hear more about JUDDD and how it works for you. Have you started it yet? That is one of the few plans that I keep finding myself getting drawn to but then I get scared to try it. No problem with the UP days but the DOWN days intimidate me. Yet from the things I've read most people do really well with it......so anyway, I would love to hear about your experience with it!

Liz---yay on keeping the water up and less grazing! I've done well with water on the days I have kept it in the forefront of my mind, but on at least one or two of my recent grouchy days I know I didn't do well. So I'm going to continue with making that a goal/priority for the next couple of weeks to make sure it's back to being a solid habit.

OK---for any of you that are hot tea drinkers, what is your favorite? I have a total hot tea addiction (can't stand it cold though ) and love trying new flavors. My 'newest' favorite is really pretty simple--Lemon Zinger by Celestial Seasons. I don't know why but that one really hits the spot at night. I also have recently found Green Tea Kombucha by Yogi which I enjoy having during the day. Anyway, I'd love to hear everyones favorites so that I can go hunt down any that I haven't tried!

High here today is supposed to be 57 high on Thurs is supposed to be 23. I shouldn't complain as we have been soooooo lucky this year, but I really miss summer.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and I hope everyone is doing well!

As for JUDDD yesterday was my first DD! While most folks try for less than 500 calories a day, I cut myself some slack and aimed for 600 calories to start with. I survived and came in at 595 calories.

I plan my week this way:
M/W/F = DD 600 calories or less, I try to concentrate on protein and fiber to keep me full.
Tues/Thurs/Sat = UD 1500 calories as I'm trying to loose and not maintain
Sun = MD (Mid Day) 1000 calories to cover social events at church etc.

Here was my menu for yesterday DD:
B: Coconut pancake w/ SF Walden syrup, 120 calories
L: Talapia Stew / SF Fudge Bar, 250
D: 4 oz. seared chicken breasts, spinach 225
S: Hot tea with Stevia

On my UD I plan to keep it moderate healthy carbs. I want to bring back some of the recipes I enjoyed so much while I was on WW years ago. I love me some lentil stew, split pea stew, bran muffin, wild rice etc!!! I just want to eat normal.

I will post my weight next Monday!
This is just gotta work for me! I need STRUCTURE and this certainly provides it. Plus, I can get excited about something NEW!

Liz: Thanks for the kind words about adoption. It certainly is a journey but well worth it! It's kinda hard to get started so if you have any questions, I would be happy to tell you my experience!

Teresa: I am a hot tea drinker. First thing in the morning and last thing at night. My two favorite teas are: white tea (so mild tasting, low in caffeine and lots of antioxidants, and organic roasted dandelion root tea. I know a little weird. I got started on this tea while doing Fat Flush years ago and it just stuck. It supports the liver but I also like the taste. To me it tastes like mild licorice but tastes vary!

--------------------------------
Lynn

~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post

Vicki---nope, I didn't make it to TJ's at all this weekend. Was the pizza good? I've sampled their frozen ones before but I really would like them to have samples that are made with their fresh dough---but I've never managed to be there when they have samples of that.

Glad you like the quinoa! I love it and use the flakes a lot in baking. Have you come across other non-meat protein choices that you're loving? I'm not eating much meat at all but I'm still a little afraid to go completely meatless as I'm not sure if I'm getting enough complete protein. When in doubt I guess I can just throw some extra cheese on whatever or eat some more yogurt but I would like to find other ways to accomplish it.
Quinoa is the only non-meat protein I have tried so far. I have extra firm tofu and seitan. I am not really keen on soy though so I will probably stay away from it for the most part. And, seitan is made with wheat gluten which worries me about carb cravings.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

good morning everyone! Just finished a one mile walk dvd with a coworker on break. We are going to try and get another walk this afternoon. I ended up eating off plan last night - McD's chicken nuggets. I really don't know why 'cause I wasn't hungry, guess out of habit. Today is a new day though. Feeling good and getting my water in.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi everyone, whew, lots of posts since I've been away a few days. It's been busy plus I've been on plan 2 days, off 2 days and am again on day 2. I'm making myself dizzy. After losing over 100 lb. I put back 20-30 that I have been struggling with and now the # is even higher getting close to 40 BUT, I will get it off and get back on and stay on track. I have to. I'm ready to get off the roller coaster ride.

to the new folks. to the old folks, well, not really OLD folks
Lost 100 pounds, my story
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2getmoving View Post
good morning everyone! Just finished a one mile walk dvd with a coworker on break. We are going to try and get another walk this afternoon. I ended up eating off plan last night - McD's chicken nuggets. I really don't know why 'cause I wasn't hungry, guess out of habit. Today is a new day though. Feeling good and getting my water in.
Fonda, I hate those darn habits, so hard to break. My downfall is walking in the back door which is in the kitchen and putting something in my mouth.

Was the DVD a Leslie Sansone walking video? I like her. I have a few of hers, KUTGW with the exercises.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
I want to put a netrition order in soon, any suggestions of good products? You guys always have the best ideas. I am going to try the QUEST protein bars sweetened swith stevia and erythritrol. Also has anyone tried the coconut almond milk?

I'll wait to hear from you guys.
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Fonda, I hate those darn habits, so hard to break. My downfall is walking in the back door which is in the kitchen and putting something in my mouth.

Was the DVD a Leslie Sansone walking video? I like her. I have a few of hers, KUTGW with the exercises.
I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit, I wish I could get through the first 7 days!!! The DVD is actually The Biggest Loser Powerwalk DVD with Bob. It has four different 1 mile walks which are 16 minute workouts. I have only done the first two walks, Walk 1 has no weights and Walk 2 has weights. Either 3 or 4 have a small ball with the workout, but I haven't gotten that far!

I have a Leslie Sanson DVD at home but I think it is a longer workout, and I like the short ones because I can do them in the office at work.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I just recently bought a new type of cinnamon, vietnamese cinnamon(from penzeys). It is amazing! It has a much richer, deeper and sweeter flavor than any other cinnamon I've ever tried.
I'm loving it in my greek yogurt and in my decaf coffee. I've read that cinnamon can help control blood sugar.

Thanks to everyone who is sharing their menus. It is great to see what works for other people plus you can inspire me to be a bit more creative with MY menus. I tend to get stuck in a rut and eat the same things day after day.

LINDA.... what type of products are you looking to order from nutrition? Low carb/low calorie? I recently got an order and I got flavored stevia, no carb stevia blend, gc brancrips (good with cinnamon crumbled in almond milk for a very very filling "cereal", maple grove farms sugar free raspberry dressing, sf fitnutz (powdered PB to add to greek yogurt). I love the sugar free smokin' joes bbq sauce! It is very thick and rich.

VICKI...I love quinoa. It is so versatile. Did you make it with plain water? It is also good made with chicken or veg broth. Or it can be sweetened for dessert or eaten cold as a breakfast (I like that with chopped cranberries, vanilla, chop walnuts, cinnamon)

Have you ever tried quorn? DH loves it.

I think it does have a bit of wheat but it is mainly fungi.
Here is some info:
Quote:
Quorn™ is the brand name of a premium line of all-natural, meat-free frozen foods. The Quorn brand has been sold in the UK since 1985, and is now the #1 retail brand of meat-free foods in the world! Since its US launch in 2002, Quorn products have become the best-selling frozen meat-free brand in natural food stores*! Quorn products deliver great taste, fantastic quality and a wide variety of items to meet the demands of on-the-go lifestyles. You can always depend on Quorn products to be meat-free and soy-free.
There are believed to be over 600,000 varieties of fungi in the world, some of which are the most sought-after foods, such as mushrooms and truffles. The principal ingredient in all Quorn products is mycoprotein (“myco” is Greek for “fungi”). The mycoprotein comes from Fusarium venenatum, which was originally discovered growing in a field in Buckinghamshire, England. In the late 1960s, initial product development began, and mycoprotein’s potential as an efficient and nutritious protein source was soon recognized.
FONDA...
Quote:
WTG on the exercise and drinking water! you're right....today is a new day. Keep up the good attitude and you will succeed!

LYNN... congrats on your first DD! Your menu looks tasty. Did you feel hungry today?

Quote:
It's kinda hard to get started so if you have any questions, I would be happy to tell you my experience!
I would be so incredibly grateful if you could share anything relating to your adoption experience!!! If you ever get the time please pm me. I don't want to "thread jack" by going too off topic. I have been praying for some sort of sign or guidance to get started on adoption. Just reading your initial post (where you mentioned your adopted daughter) felt like a blessing! Thank you X 10,000.:noteworthy:

TERESA...I also love tea but have gotten out of the habit of drinking it. I like the lemon zinger tea too.
One of my all time favorites is the candy cane green tea by celestial seasonings.
i hope you enjoy your warm weather today!
I thought of you today when I went to target and saw all of the squash (butternut, spaghetti, acorn, etc) marked down to 50 cents per lb.

JAIYCE....CONGRATS on sticking to plan. KUTGW! Sorry you're still feeling down.

AMY...WTG on day 1!!! Your menu looks really good....in fact, I'm now craving your breakfast

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-10-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tried my hand at sushi/nori rolls. I rolled the quinoa, avocado, and marinated mushrooms along with green onion in the nori sheets. They turned out ok, I just didn't get them rolled very tight, and that was using a bamboo mat too. Liz, I see how versatile this can be too. I also made tabulah for tomorrows pot luck using the quinoa.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I tried my hand at sushi/nori rolls. I rolled the quinoa, avocado, and marinated mushrooms along with green onion in the nori sheets. They turned out ok, I just didn't get them rolled very tight, and that was using a bamboo mat too. Liz, I see how versatile this can be too. I also made tabulah for tomorrows pot luck using the quinoa.
your homemade sushi sounds tasty. I've made it a few times with similar ingredients. I also add cream cheese which helps it hold together better and gives a nice taste/texture
also I usually add something for a crisp texture (thin sticks of cucumber, carrots, etc)
Old 01-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nannabownanna
Stats: 419/407/150
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 01/08/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama sunshine View Post
Can I join too,making no more excuses ,this is my year to a healthy me.My start day is 01/08/2012.We can do this because we are worthy to have the life we want.
Hey Winnifred!! I started on 1/8/2012 to!!
I have a lot to lose. I was at 419lbs on Saturday morning when I got on the scale and I almost fainted!! Never thought I would see that number again but here I am!
I have already lost down to 412.2 and I'm stoked!!
Let's do this together!!

and I would like to join this group if that's ok??

Last edited by nannabownanna; 01-10-2012 at 06:51 PM..
nannabownanna is offline   Reply With Quote