LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hey Everyone,

So I went to the doctor today and my thyroid is good at the dose I am on....so I guess this lull in weight loss is not that. I went to the gym and did some light exercise...hopefully that will help. I appreciate the notes on the protein and salt Teresa so I am going to watch that for sure....still not much of a budge...sad that I likely won't make my March 1st goal....but what can I do? I added some fish the last few days....So I guess I need to exercise some patience.

Lynn- wow, your plan looks good, you really are working so hard! Great Job!

Teresa- how did your cafeteria trip go?

Hope you all have a great day

Breakfast -2 eggs with coffee
Lunch- chicken breast, mayo, tomato slice and lettuce with Caesar salad side
Snack- 2 pepperoni sticks
Dinner- tilapia seared in olive oil, 2 cups salad and 1/2 cup green beans
Snack- Linda cream cheese cake
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #392
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning and Happy Hump Day!!

Lynn--yay on all the strategies to fight through on weight loss!! I'm not sure if I get any of those signals or not---I may need to pay more attention. Although it's really been a long time since I lost anything significant so I've probably just forgotten!

As far as winning the weight loss war---girl, you are already doing that!!

Dr visit---well, I'll have to fill ya in on that more later. Right now I'm just trying to process it all and get my mind wrapped around some things. I won't be getting breast implants..ever..which I am OK with not having that done for the most part, it's the reasons that have me upset or pissed off or....well, I'm not sure exactly how I feel yet. Just been having a little pity party off and on for the last couple of days. Again, not because of the breasts, but the damage I have done to my body and dealing with the fact that no matter how much I lose or how many thousands of dollars I spend I will never be normal. It's kind of hard to face, but I will. I keep reminding myself that all of my life I would have chose this body and these circumstances any day over where I was---but that's not really a lot of consolation at this point. Anyway, I will get through it. I am having surgery to finish off the upper body work that we started last year and I'm very excited about that. I haven't been able to wear a bra for almost a year now (I can wear my surgical bra or a shaper, but that's it) and because of the way things were left I have been mildly uncomforable for the last year---so this will be a relief to get taken care of and 'normalize' as much as possible. Also some of the 'bad news' about what can't be fixed and and more importantly why it can't has opened up my eyes to some other little mysteries that have occured since weight loss and although I don't like what I'm figuring out, it's kind of nice to understand. Anyway, I know that was a bunch of rambling that probably doesn't make much sense but it kind of tells ya where I am right now. I should get the price quote and dates to choose from today, so once I make sure I can finance it I will set the date and let you know.

Jaime---you are sooo close to your March goal, I personally would count it as a victory!! Just think where you would be if you had given up! So have you been tracking your foods and weight at all? I wonder if there is something that you are sensitive to? If you think about a time during this journey (other than the first week) where you were losing more consistently---what was the difference in what you were eating, how much you were eating, how often, what times you were eating, etc? Sorry for the zillions of questions I always have but I'm an analyst at heart and it's just the way my mind works! And even though I hate science in general, I'm kind of a 'scientist' I guess when it comes to all the weight loss stuff and how it works.

Cafeteria went fine. Had my favorite salad however they didn't have any raisins or cranberries on the salad bar. So I bought a little bag of their homemade granola, picked out the raisins and cranberries and put that on my salad!

Eating has been 'iffy' the last couple of days but I'm actually OK with it. My very first true binge of my life was after my first consult with a plastic surgeon. Subsequent visits have usually resulted in a binge or period of binges as well. Last year I was pretty 'zen' about the whole thing so I may have overeaten, but I don't think I binged.... That is my goal this year as well. If I gain a few lbs from overeating in the next couple of weeks, so be it. Basically if I eat excess treats but stay away from the sugar, I'll be fine. Monday as I was eating a bunch of treats that I keep in my office I found my head going to the basket of chocolates on my desk, but I was able to talk myself through it. Once I eat sugar---it's all over so I just keep reminding myself of that and then allowing myself to eat a large amount of something a bit healthier, and so far it's working. If all goes well in a few days I'll snap out of it and get back to eating more normally and undo any damage done. That's what I keep telling myself anyway!

Today is a food fest day here. Breakfast pizzas from my favorite place. I just ate the toppings off of 2 pieces, along with my banana and pb, and I'm feeling very satisfied. The rest of the day will be various forms of junk food---but I made sure to be the one to buy it so that for the most part none of it is overly tempting to me.

Product review for the day---caramel almond butter. Right off the spoon---too sweet. On top of organic sweet potato crackers (or I'm sure any kind of cracker) it is the devil!! I don't think I will be buying this again anytime soon. Luckily I didn't eat the whole jar.

Oh---and on top of the emotional eating/cravings and the 'what's the point' thinking that keeps creeping up on me telling me I might as well just eat what I want and be fat.....now Tom is on the way. Seriously, when it rains it pours. I think I am seriously being tested. But---I will not eat sugar, I will not eat sugar, I will not eat sugar.

Have a lovely day ladies. Hopefully by the next time I post I won't be such a downer.
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
TERESA....I'm so sorry that you didn't get all good news at the PS.

Quote:
I am having surgery to finish off the upper body work that we started last year and I'm very excited about that.
:jump joy: YAY! I'm excited for you
Quote:
Last year I was pretty 'zen' about the whole thing so I may have overeaten, but I don't think I binged.
I remember that you did VERY well with your last PS pre-op time.

Quote:
Oh---and on top of the emotional eating/cravings and the 'what's the point' thinking that keeps creeping up on me telling me I might as well just eat what I want and be fat.....now Tom is on the way.
Yowza! that's a lot to deal with. However, I know that you can do it...stay sugar free. Sending you lots of anti-sugar vibes.......
WTG on eating a good breakfast AND planning the junk food so that you are not tempted.

Quote:
Hopefully by the next time I post I won't be such a downer.
You have helped so many people in SO many ways with words of compassion, wisdom and kindness. You are entitled to be a debbie downer for as long as needed. I'm glad you are able to vent here and hopefully writing about what you are going through will help you deal with it.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JAIME...I'm sorry the scale isn't reflecting your good efforts.

When I lose weight I will go several days/even weeks without a loss then WHOOSH...several pounds in a short period of time. I've read that the fat cells will temporarily fill up with water. eventually they release the water resulting in a whoosh. I'm not sure if the science is correct but it makes sense to me. I think you should be due for a whoosh SOON!
WTG for planning and keeping a positive attitude!

LYNN... Thank you for sharing so much helpful info! I plan to check out the cookbook you mentioned!

Quote:
Loss of 2.6 lbs which is really good for me because I was pretty empty from JUDDD, and I'm a SLOW loser. When I get into my 170s I will update my stats!
EXCELLENT!!!! That is really a good loss coming off of JUDD! You're doing great!
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

Today, on plan I get fruit! Well, I know I'll have an apple, but can't decide between an orange and strawberries. Ah decisions, decisions!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement on the plan (Should I call it, Wendy Chant Version 2?) There are definitely rewards for losing weight. Yesterday evening out to dinner with some friends, and I was finally able to fit nicely into some new size 14 pants. Even my daughter says, Mom you're smaller. I've also noticed that it is easier to get into my car! Wow, all that for close to a 10 pound loss. Oh yea, knees feeling better too!

But I'm a bit pissed right now! My classes can potentially derail me! Yes, it's my accounting class! So far been doing great at one chapter a week. It is hard for me and takes alot of time! Yesterday, instructor announces this week there will be 2 chapters (1 of which is not understable and you have to study my notes) and next week 3 chapters!

I just don't know where I will find the time! I have been rather neglecting my Access DB class, cuz it's so easy for me! I do have a final project that I was looking forward to doing, now this!

The thought of sticking to my exercise program, seems out the window! I feel like my eating plan is in jeopardy too! Whew, venting it does help!

Jaiyce: Wow, your menu looks slim! I admire you for sticking to it! We all go through this and it's the peeps that stick to it that eventually become WINNERS! I second everything Teresa recommends! Especially, investigating a food that you might be weight sensitive too! The food that stalls me out and sets be back is CABBAGE! Who would have thought? I discovered this last summer while on the HCG diet. Now I stay clear from that food!

For me, I can't set weight goals cuz I can never meet them. I lose SOOOO slow

I just muddle along and the weight I do loose I try very hard to claim it and not gain it back. Although I might be a slow loser, I am also a slow gainer so I'm very thankful for that!

I do think you have VERY good reason to claim victory on March 1st. Afterall, look at what you've accomplished, amazing! You really do ROCK

Teresa: I'm so sorry you didn't get the news you wanted to hear from the DR!

My guess is that the Dr was very cold, sterile and matter of fact when he gave you the news! Drs can be that way!

But good news on being able to finish the upper body work and get you comfortable again!

My perspective on things as I get older (and wiser) really changes! The way I see it body is just a shell that houses the jewel inside. Your jewel shines very bright! You offer such support to everyone and give such wonderful warm, understanding advice! The body, shape, form not so important in the big picture! It's the jewel inside that matters!

I admire you for understanding your eating triggers so well, it's a goal that I would also like achieve someday!

Please, vent all you want cuz we are here to listen and return your compassionate support!

Liz: Glad you popped in to say hello! Hope you're off doing something social today!

I wish everyone the best in the WL journey today!

~Lynn~
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Teresa,sorry about what you found out from your doctor.But you can get your upper body work.I'm keeping you in my prayers

As for me everythings going good today,I just need to get my body moving more.Yall have a blessed day.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Teresa, boy, I hear you. When I got to my lowest many moons ago, I too, thought all of that work and my body still isn't "normal". You have been fortunate to be able to afford some of the body work though.
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #398
Big Yapper!!!!

Awww, thank you ladies. I shouldn't have read this at work cause now I'm trying to hold back the tears. You're all too sweet.

LIZ---where have you been??? I was worried that you found lots of new friends and weren't going to come see us anymore. What's going on with you, how are you doing, what's new?!?

Lynn---so how was your fruit yesterday? Have you come up with a plan for how you are going to get all the school work done and still stick with your plan? Do you have a treadmill or exercise bike? If you did maybe you could read while doing one of those things. Yay on fitting into those pants!

You know, I'll have to say I'm very lucky with my p.s. He is really a very warm, compassionate guy. Had I gone to any other p.s. they would have done the breast implants and taken my money and I would have been miserable and saving up to have them removed and correct any other problems they would have created. He really 'gets' the human body and the impacts of obesity on the skin, bones, etc. and is good at explaining it. Unfortunately I have a hard time just taking it as 'what is'....my mind goes into overtime with lots of self blame and regrets... Because he works with a lot of patients that have had WLS he thinks I am some kind of miracle to have lost so much weight without it and is always really encouraging about all the changes I've made and how great I look and truly seems to have my best interest at heart. So I am very grateful I finally found him.....cause my first p.s. was a quack.

Winifred---so what kinds of things do you like to do that will get you moving? For me---I could only get myself moving at first if it was something I enjoyed....heck--I'm still that way!

Vicki---I bet you are ready for Spring Break. With getting the house ready and all that goes with it I'm sure you have a lot of stress going on.

Eating went very well yesterday. Didn't feel the need to overindulge. However I was in tons of meetings and working on projects so I didn't have much time to think....or eat. Hopefully it goes just as smooth today but I'm still giving myself permission to eat what I want as long as it's not sugar.

But---my day ended on a very sad note. I have 2 favorite kinds of pb, which are the only ones I eat. One is TJ's organic which the price went up on a few months ago so I haven't been eating it as much. The other is Parkers Natural which I get at Super Target (in the fridge section) for 3.29 a tub/lb. I love that it is already blended up so no stirring and it tastes great. It is now 5.99 per tub. I almost had a heart attack! Considering I eat a lb of pb a week....ummmm....this could break me! So I'm going to stop by TJ's tonight and if their price hasn't gone up any further yet (it was 3.99 last weekend) I will be doing a major stock up!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, yesterday went well with fruit! I had an apple and an orange with a meal which I think having it with a meal is key! In the evening, if I get munchy, I have a cup of hot tea and that really helps and I think it relaxes me too!

So far I like this plan alot! It gives me some freedom with good carbs but also provides STRUCTURE which I really need! Otherwise, I get into the "me see food/me grab and eat food mentality!"

Today on plan, I get 2 carbs before 3:00 pm. So it will probably be some oatmeal later on and sweet potatoes with lunch. Maybe I'll start posting my menus next week for accountability!

Teresa: I'm so glad you have found a personable p.s. In the past, I've dealt with so many cold matter-of-fact doctors and they always make me feel bad about myself when I leave. I'm sorry a made that wrong assumption about your dr.

On my accelerated accounting path, I have figured out a couple of ways to gain more time. Usually, I STOP all school work when my daughter gets home from school! Well, I can potentially gain a couple of hours there w/o compromising our quality time together!

Yesterday, when I first found out, I was really upset. I have a hard time dealing with things that I preceive to be unfair.

Today more calm, less emotional and ready to approach the problem logically! Yes, I have a stationary bike and a treadmill. I plan on using those for the time being instead of trying to learn a new routine. I can put myself on auto-pilot when I do those.

Yea, sucks about PB. I use Adams brand cuz basically that's my only natural choice where I live (But we're getting a T.J this fall!) and it recently went up $2 a jar! Big Increase!

Since you love pb so much, have you tried this recipee by Maria? It's my fav for a peanut butter cookie. I usually make a double batch!

Best Peanut Butter Cookies

This recipe is the best tasting peanut butter cookie I have made
on LC. Going to double the batch today. My tweak is cutting
up an 86% Lindt bar and adding at the end of recipe.

Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2-cup butter or coconut oil
1/2-cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup Truvia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup peanut flour
1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cream the butter, peanut butter, sweetener and vanilla together. Blend for 3 minutes. Add in the egg and mix well. Sift the baking soda, peanut flour and salt together. Slowly add the peanut flour mixture to the butter mixture. Stir well to combine. Stir in the chopped nuts (if using).

Take off 1-inch pieces of the dough, roll into a ball and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Press tops with fork tines. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden but the center is still soft. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the sheet then remove to a rack to continue cooling. Serves 24

NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON: per serving
Using white flour and sugar = 120 calories, 13.2 carbs, 0.5g fiber
Using peanut flour and Truvia = 86 Calories

Winifred: Good to hear things are going well! Keep it up!

Well, I'm off to hit the books! Ladies, have a wonderful on-program day!

~Lynn~
Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everybody*

I wrote a response three times and lost it all! it is so incredibly frustrating, the last time I almost cried!

Teresa - I am so sorry about your appointment with your doctor I can't imagine how upsetting that must've been. I guess I'm pretty naïve I had no idea that there're situations that PS couldn't make work. I better prepare for that now. I don't understand why you're upset with yourself though because to me and so many others you're so incredibly inspiring! I would like to make sure that you know that I have never in my life been able to stick to a diet when I have a hard time. I always give up, and that's how I got to 262. One of the reasons I have been able to stick this out this time is because I think of you and the fact that you've lost 200 pounds on this way of eating. That's so incredible and so amazing and I just hope that you don't beat yourself up too much because to me and many people on this board you are just such an incredible inspiration.

Lynn- way to go on your new program menu! You are doing so amazing and it's nice to hear you so incredibly excited! I am very glad that you were able to figure out and feel better about your schooling schedule for the next little bit. I promise you that this in no time it will all be over and you will be graduated, this will just be a memory.*

Vicki, Winifred and Liz- I hope you are all doing very well!

Thanks everybody for all of the support what I'm going through this frustrating time. I'm not really sure what to try the next. I have Already tried eliminating the bars, adding exercise, drinking all of the water I need to,*the only thing I can think of to start trying is to eliminate Cream cheese. This will be incredibly hard for me though because my recipe of Linda's cream cheese cake is my absolute favorite. But I am not sure what else could be causing this stall. I am more worried each day that this is the end and I will have to go back to low fat diets and cravings. I then focus on people like Teresa and all of you and the fact that my body seems to really like this plan...

Yesterday
Breakfast- 3 egg omelet with cheese and fried mush and peppers ( see tying to add veggies,lol)
Snack- peanut butter bar
Lunch- uncle Sirloin burger with bacon and cheese no bun
Snack- celery and peanut butter
Dinner- chicken parm (Linda's recipe) salad with ranch and cauliflower with butter
Snack- Linda's cheese cake

Went to the gym and did 20 mins on elliptical and then played (well sorta cause I am pretty bad) squash with hubby.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #401
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dillydally
Stats: 254/245/145
WOE: low carb, low cal, good fats
Start Date: 2/1/2012
Hi everyone. Just found this forum. Looking forward to learning and sharing with new friends.
dillydally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

Has anyone tried a misto sprayer? I am in total love with that thing! It is a sprayer that you can put olive oil (or other oils) and it sprays a light mist. It works really well for doing oven roasted veggies or for lightly coating a frying pan/skillet. It takes the place of pam cooking spray and is much cheaper and healthier. Pam sprays scare me with the funky ingredients

Sorry I've been MIA. I've veered off track for the last few weeks with my food plan but I am ready to get back. I allowed emotions/stress to derail me. I just passed my due date for the baby I lost (at 20 weeks). It was the day before the anniversary of my father's death. And my husband recently found out that his group is merging with another and his job situation is not certain. That is very stressful because we already bought a new home here.
I've felt a bit numb but have been self medicating with food. You know it is really bad when the stretchy pants leave a mark on your waist

On the positive side I have continued to do social activities at least 1-2 times per week.
I feel really good about my continued progress with my new year's resolution (to be more social)!
I am also starting to exercise again!:jump joy:

DILLY....

JAIYCE..... Sorry you lost your posts! I can relate to that. When I was having frequent problems with that I started to write my post on a word document or I would periodically do a "copy" function so that if the post was lost I could just do a "paste" and get most of my post back.

I hope you can figure out what is causing your stall..how frustrating!
I agree that Teresa is very inspirational! Keep on and you will also be a fantastic success story!

WTG on the exercise! Is squash like tennis? My DH loves tennis. I usually go with him to pick up the balls he hits from the ball machine.

LYNN.... I'm glad you were able to enjoy your fruit with a meal!
Quote:
also provides STRUCTURE which I really need! Otherwise, I get into the "me see food/me grab and eat food mentality!"
I'm the same way. If I stick to scheduled structured meals I always do best. Once I give into munching/grazing it seems like my body starts demanding more and more.

Thanks for sharing the PB cookie recipe. It looks amazing! I'll make that for DH when Lent is over.

Good luck on your school work.

TERESA....
Quote:
LIZ---where have you been??? I was worried that you found lots of new friends and weren't going to come see us anymore. What's going on with you, how are you doing, what's new?!?
awww...that is so sweet! I have made some new friends IRL but no one that can relate to the food issues. I went to lunch today with a friend and she ate 1/2 salad and said she needed "stretchy pants" and that she wouldn't be able to eat until tomorrow. HUH?!?!? She has a tiny appetite. I am amazed by that (and a bit jealous)

I'm glad you had a good day with eating/food! :jump joy:
I hope you are having another good day!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #403
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dillydally
Stats: 254/245/145
WOE: low carb, low cal, good fats
Start Date: 2/1/2012
Thank you for the Welcome. This is my millioneth diet. I want this to be my last. I have a million books. I have bookmarked a million websites. Okay. I am exaggerating, but geeze louize it is so tough!

I need to lose weight due to my health. Type 2 Diabetes, Cholestrol, Blood Pressure, etc etc. I need to lose 100 or 125? Seems like so much it's hard to fathom the number. I am only 5 feet tall, so I'm about 5 feet wide, too. (245ish?)

I do good for a few days with watching carbs and calories and fats and I exercise, then BOOM I fall off the wagon.

I am shooting for 30 carbs per meal, 1500 cals a day (so says dietician last year) Sometimes I do great! What's the deal? My motivation is so strong, them its GONE.

I walk about 10-25 minutes a day, depending on day. I just got a new bike yesterday, so adding that to my exercise. I am so terribly out of shape its just awful. I got some fitness balls. Could barely move for 3 days following Jillian Michaels workout routine with the fitness balls and 2 - 2 lb balls I held in my hands. Didn't seem like much of a workout, until I got up the next day. Sheesh.

Really need help with staying motivated and frequent falling off wagon ordeals.

Thanks to all!
dillydally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dilly,welcome.This is a great forum,everyone is so supportive.Glad you joined us.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

welcome Dilly!
I am a frequent wagon jumper so I totally relate! I will tell you that I have never been more satisfied than with this way of eating, even though I am going through a stall right now
But this group of ladies is amazing and inspirational and has helped me so much! I wish you all the best and look forward to getting to know you!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Hello everybody,

Hi Liz! I am so sorry to hear about all those sad and stressful things for you. my heart and prayers go out for you in this difficult time. I am happy to see you back with us! I am so curious about this sprayer! I wonder if we can get it in Canada, I will have to look! Squash is a little like racquet ball, I totally didn't get all the rules, but had a great laugh!

Today was a very hard day. Part of my job is being introduced to very sick kids and every once and a while one is just a bit tougher and crawls a bit deeper into your heart. We spent the day with Paige and her family at Ronald McDonald house, made crafts and she wanted her her re- colured pink....so glad to have this little bit of her day to help the family have fun....my kids were off school and so they came with me and played with the siblings and Paige and had such a blast. This little girl is 9 and she is dying from brain cancer, it just makes me so sad. To look at her with her 7 year old sister and wonder how her sister will handle this as she is her best friend. So I swallowed the tears back and had as much fun as we could....so I come home and no longer have my BFF "chips and chocolate" to help me process this. You know what I found out? It really hurts, like pain in the stomach hurts. I just want to eat away some of the grief for this poor beautiful family and hug my kids and never let go....so instead of gaining weight and freaking my kids out, I am on here.....thank you to you all once again...I think I truly am learning how to deal with pain, without cookies.

Breakfast- peanut butter bar
Lunch- angus burger(no bun) side Caesar
Dinner- pizza toppings ( they ordered pizza so it was the best I could do...yikes)
Snack- big plate of veggies and dip
Old 03-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #407
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Lynn---I'm glad things are looking a bit clearer now and you're coming up with a plan to accomplish everything! Will you take the summer off from school?

So how has the plan been going this week? Is it pretty easy/livable?

I have seen that pb cookie recipe....I just can't remember if I've made it or not?! I think I meant to but never did---so thanks for the reminder--I will definitely put this on my list to try. I love everything peanut butter! By the way, you will love TJ's! I'm not sure how I've lived without it all these years. Sometime this spring we are getting a Whole Foods, can't wait!

Jaime---thank you for all the kind words. As far as what surgeon's can do---well, they can do a lot however I have done far more extensive damage to my body than most obese people so there are definitely limits. Most of what I'm dealing with I highly doubt you will encounter. For instance---did you know that you can actually 'stretch' bones and change their shape? Not sure if I'm saying that exactly right but here's one example---if you look at the rib cage it is basically a flattened oval shape. Mine however is a barrel shape. That's because the vast majority of my 200 lbs was concentrated in the torso. I had a huge chest---not breasts ---but chest/rib cage area. All the pressure of all that fat over so many years stretched and reshaped my rib cage. This creates a lot of difficulties in doing things such as breasts. It also now makes sense why when I get down under 150 my ribs stick out in a really gross way in the front. When I get down to 140ish they stick out really bad in the front and back---making sitting back against anything painful. I still have plenty of fat to lose at those weights but I just look and feel freaky. Dr says I need to reset my goal weight cause those ribs are not going to retract any. Part of me is looking at that as an excuse to say 'woohoo, I'm at goal---good enough' and part of me is mad again that no matter how hard I work at it, normal just isn't attainable for me. Sorry for the long story there, guess I just needed to get that out.

Uggg, eliminating cream cheese...no fun! But it will be worth it if you find out it's the culprit. Unless it ends up that it causes inflamation or something for you it won't mean you have to eliminate it, just moderate it. There are lots of things that I don't necessarily gain weight when I eat them or have any adverse affects, but I don't lose weight, so when in weight loss mode I save them for occasional use and in maintenance mode I eat them as I please!

So have you tried tracking cals/macros? Or do you have a rough idea on those things? I don't know why but I have a feeling that may be eye opening for you. Again, I don't advocate tracking that stuff regularly---for me it just feeds into obsessive eating disordered kind of thinking---but having a rough idea on your daily intake may help.

on your rough day, and thank you for what you do. You brought happiness to a child that is dealing with things that we can't even imagine. Seriously, bless you for what you do and know that as hard as it is, you probably gave her a much needed break from thinking about illness, hospitals, etc. Getting through emotions/pain without cookies is HUGE!!! It is a lesson that I continue to have to learn and I don't always succeed cause sometimes feeling our feelings sucks. But ultimately they 'ain't going anywhere' so it's best to work our way through them.

OK---posting this before I lose it.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #408
Big Yapper!!!!

Jaime---forgot to say, what is this peanut butter bar that I see in your menu? Is it homemade? If so---recipe please.

dillydally--- love the name and your sense of humor! Stick with us, we will motivate you....and even kick your butt if you want us to. So---you will find I am the girl with a million questions --have you figured out what leads up to 'falling off?' Is it emotional stuff, seeing/smelling 'tasty but unhealthy' stuff, hunger, deprivation, mental stuff ok--not like you're crazy but the things you are telling yourself? You don't have to answer any of those questions, just things to think about that might help you have a plan of attack when those obstacles are present. Myself---I keep having to analyze and plan and use all kinds of tactics to get through some of that stuff. Some days I win, some days I lose---but overall now I win more days than not and as long as I can keep doing that, I figure I'll be OK.

Winifred---so how are you doing? Did you make any decisions on weighing more frequently?

Liz---I have a misto and LOVE it!! I use it all the time. When we grill out we do lots of veggies (and other things like salmon) in foil packets and it works great to keep stuff from sticking--and of course adding some nice fat/flavor. I guess I had never thought about using it for a frying pan, I pretty much always use o.o. straight up or butter or bacon fat---but the misto would work great there as well. I keep thinking they need to come up with a way to put butter in one of those! It would come in very handy with baking---I hate buttering up muffin tins, etc.

I'm glad you are still getting out there and doing stuff with your new friends. But remember the song---'make new friends, but keep the old' ---we love you and need you here too!

I'm sorry for all the stressors in your life right now. Losses are so hard to deal with... And add to that uncertainty with job---yikes. How long will it be before DH knows or has a feeling for what this will mean for his job? Gosh, you guys haven't even been there for a year---I hope it works out that this merger is actually a blessing in some way and that you get to stay in your new home!

This week has just been horrible. Other than a time when someone has died or there has been some kind of major medical scare--this week probably ranks on top for being the worst. The upset at the beginning of the week with my pity party on the body stuff probably didn't help anything, so I'm hoping all of that just made the rest of the week look worse than what it was...but I don't know. Major crap hit the fan at work this week and although I can't talk about it, I can say I'm scared. I don't believe I have ever cried at work before....well, as a counselor there were times that after a client left my office I would have to shut the door and shed a few tears because after awhile you just can't handle dealing with all of their pain without it affecting you...but that's a different kind of crying. Anyway, at the end of a meeting Thurs I had tears in my eyes and so did my boss and co-worker. This is going to be a rough month and things are ultimately going to change dramatically, just not sure how quickly. I think the stress of everything going on in my personal life and then thinking about this and figuring out what I need to do was just more than I could handle. Anyway, I'm rambling now. Bottom line I was going to cancel surgery but then I decided that I'm not going to stop my life and live in fear of what will happen next---I just need to go forward and trust it will all work out. And bottom line---I can't wait until they put me out for surgery---my brain is really going to need a break! I did push the date back to the 29th as I feel I need to be around as much as possible this month. Again---one of those mystery posts of mine but sometimes I just need to get it out--even if I can't really get it out.

Yesterday, eating well did not happen. Sugar did happen. Actually, I think I was pretty self destructive in lots of ways yesterday. I was pretty close to just not caring but managed to pull myself back from the ledge. The sad thing for me with sugar---as long as I don't binge on it, it makes me feel really good. After several large 'doses' of it--and yes, it is a drug for me---I was able to get through the day without crying or falling apart. So today---I'm back on the aminos. I'm obviously depleted and it's not going to get any better anytime soon, so I think I need a boost. I'm just about out of a couple of them so I will make it a priority this weekend to get stocked up.

OK--drinking what I think is my 6th cup of tea for the morning...wishing I had some with caffeine in it --and trying to get myself motivated to get some stuff done today! I applied for my loan first thing this morning so that I don't back out of surgery and I'm feeling good about it. Hopefully it's the right thing to do at this point, I guess I will find out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and that you all come and post---I need some entertainment!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!

Well, slipped a little on plan (a subway sandwich) but got back up and determined! My slip really points out that I must have a food ready and planned. When I don't have a plan and I'm stressed its anything goes (that's quick and convenient)! Okay note to self: Plan, plan, plan!

I'm finding the plan, actually enjoyable! Seems like there is enough carbs so I don't feel deprived. However, it's hard to keep sweet potatoes, my fav, in the house between my DD and the dog, they're gone pretty quickly.

Studies going pretty well, but when it rains it pours! DD fell a school and cut her knee. School called and said, why don't you come down and decide if it needs stitches! When I got there, the wound was together (about a 1 inch slash) and I couldn't tell how deep it was. So I thought where could I go that would give quick evaluation? Well, I tried the walk-in clinic, waiting time 2.5 hours. Ouch. So we waited it out and saw the dr. No stitches needed. I thought the medical staff was very courteous and professional but the OFFICE staff -- different story. When I checked out, my bill was excessively high ($800). They tried to charge me for suturing and there was quite an impressive new patient charge. I was able to get the suturing cost removed. Probably won't be back there again!

Liz: So good to see you back! Your sunny posts have certainly been missed! I can't imagine the grief and sorrow that you have endured. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yes, I've had the misto sprayer for years now and I love it! I'm actually kinda afraid of PAM type sprays now. Just look at the ingredients!

Since I'm also watching fats on my WOE, I find it also useful to give a quick spray to my salads. That way I can use my fat allowance for cheese, nuts, butter, etc! Things that I love!

Even though a have a boundless supply of kitchen gadgets, the thing that keeps my kitchen running smoothly is having a never ending supply of small pyrex bowls (I use 3 cups) and small whisks. I use at least 3-5 bowls a day, between chia gel, oatmeal, OMM, soups, protein puddings, and little baked treats, they are invaluable. I make a single serving of many things to enforce portion control! Not to mention my DD and DH using them!

Jaiyce: Recently, I saw the misto sprayer (sold in twos) at Costco! Do you have a store equivalent to that in Canada!

I'm so impressed with your determination in breaking this stall! And I know that you are NOT finished losing weight! Hang in there it WILL happen!

My, you do have a stressful but very rewarding job! I can't imagine the sadness and grief that you encounter! It's people like you that make the world a better place.

Teresa: I'm so sorry about your stressful time! It sounds very serious and perhaps your job security threatened? I hope not. I think it was a good move for you to go ahead with your plans for surgery. It will offer something, for you, to focus on when things are tough! So March 29th? I will lift you up in my prayers! I hope the crisis is resolved soon!

Good for you for talking yourself down from the binging ledge! And limited it to only a minor slip! I have to say that posting here frequently has saved me from having an all-out binge multiple times! Allow me to offer my support as you have done so for me many times!

Yes, after living in the CA bay area for 25 years, I got spoiled having unlimited shopping! I loved TJ and Whole Foods, and miss them very much now that we've moved to Oregon! I do hope that Oregon can catch up shopping wise! It's all about tradeoffs! It is beautiful here, and a much more relaxed and family focused climate.

Unfortunately, summer school is in my future! But I do get a month before summer school starts and a month before the fall quarter starts. DD is involved with day camp and the swimming program and is working on becoming a leader. This allows me enough time for my studies. BTW, I am so proud of her!

dillydally: Please join us in our efforts to find balance in our lives! Do you have a first name we can address you by? I can't certainly identify with your difficulties in staying on plan. For me, sometimes I kinda just forget, and go for it! I need to focus on having my plan and goals first and foremost on my mind! But sometimes, I just don't want to and then I fall off the wagon.

Okay everyone, time to hit the books! Ladies, have a lovely day and be sure to rock your plan today!

~Lynn~
Old 03-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it

LYNN..
Quote:
Well, slipped a little on plan (a subway sandwich) but got back up and determined!
WTG for getting right back on plan and being determined! :noteworthy:
I love the bread from subway but I almost always get a salad to stay on plan. I request double meat ($1 extra charge) or triple meat ($2) which makes it very filling.

Using the misto for spraying a salad is a great idea, thanks! hmmm...you've given me an idea to use my extra misto sprayer (got 2 from costco) to put in some type of thinned salad drag.

Using the small pyrex bowls for portion control is another good idea! I've been using smaller plates and it makes me feel like I'm getting more. My bowls are a bit large and I feel cheated when my portion doesn't half-way fill them.

Quote:
DD is involved with day camp and the swimming program and is working on becoming a leader. This allows me enough time for my studies. BTW, I am so proud of her!
Your daughter sounds like an awesome young lady! You should be proud!

TERESA.....
Quote:
When we grill out we do lots of veggies (and other things like salmon) in foil packets and it works great to keep stuff from sticking-
have you tried the non-stick aluminum foil? I love that stuff!
I use it and also spray with evoo for flavor
Quote:
I keep thinking they need to come up with a way to put butter in one of those! It would come in very handy with baking---I hate buttering up muffin tins, etc.
haha I hate buttering muffin tins too! I usually will melt the butter (or use room temp) and use a pastry brush to paint the muffin tins. If I'm making a savory muffin I sometimes add spices to the butter and then paint. I then save a bit to paint on top of the muffins when they are close to done for a buttery yummy browned topping.

Quote:
I'm glad you are still getting out there and doing stuff with your new friends. But remember the song---'make new friends, but keep the old' ---we love you and need you here too!
awwww.... thank you so much! You totally made my day.

Quote:
How long will it be before DH knows or has a feeling for what this will mean for his job?
several months - a year. We've only been here 3 months but I already love the area.
Quote:
This week has just been horrible.
I'm so sorry you had a horrible week. Sending you many good thoughts and lifting prayers that you will feel peace & comfort and the situations will be resolved in a positive manner

Quote:
I was pretty close to just not caring but managed to pull myself back from the ledge.
to pull yourself back from the ledge is major! WTG!
I can relate to the sugar "fix". I think it is a great idea to get back on the aminos! I hope they work quickly and give you some relief.

JAIME.... Thank you for what you do! You are such a blessing! Not many people could do what you do.
Quote:
I think I truly am learning how to deal with pain, without cookies.
WTG for not turning to food for dealing with the pain. You are inspiring in so many ways! :noteworthy:
KUTGW!

DILLY.... I have fallen off of the wagon many, many times but I keep climbing back on. Never give up!
I find that looking at before/after pix is very motivating! Have you seen the pix of Teresa?? Her success is AMAZING and inspiring!
There is a section here on the forum with before/after pix.
You can do this!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,yes I made the decision to weigh more so I can target whats does the best for me with my eating.I just read the forum in the main lobby about physical changes,it really got me thinking about how good this ole body will feel with 50,then 100 pounds off of it.I might even think i'm getting sexy,lol.

Thank God for all of you in this forum,you are keeping me going.And when I have a question you help me.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
Hi Ladies-

Sorry I've been missing in action-been wild and crazy around here. Every time I go to post something comes up-I get called away, I lose the post, the computer battery dies, etc.

Teresa-I'm sorry things didn't go as you'd hoped at the plastic surgeons and that you had something at work that caused you to cry and puts things in a state of uncertainty. **MANY HUGS** I hope things go great on the 29th! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Liz-*hugs* for all you are going through too.

Dilly-welcome-you have come to a great and supportive thread here and you can do this!

Jaiyce-hope you find the misto-I love the sprayer I have. I got mine from a pampered chef party/sales person. I understand also when someone's situation at work gets into your heart and mind. I have that happen where I am too-thanks for helping the kids and their families like you do!

Lynn-Hope all is well and good for getting back on plan so quickly!

Fonda-thanks and hang in there too!

Jamie, Winifred and Vicki-Hoping you are doing ok.

BTW, what are zoodles and where does one find/buy them or how do you make them?

I have some shiratake noodles and also miracle rice that I am going to try this week-thanks for the recipe book!

TOM is finally gone and the scale is slowly creeping down ounce by ounce. I have a goal to lose 13 pounds by the end of the month. I need to eat more low carb and exercise more! Hope everyone does well!

--Laura
pescacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

I'm excited about a free healthy cooking class I'm attending today at whole foods!
Here is the info:
Quote:
*New Class* Vegetarian Cooking

11:00am – 12:30pm FREE

Thinking about learning to cook simple, healthy vegetarian food? Join Deepika Konakanchi and Ruby Gyan at 11:00 am the first Sunday of every month at Whole Foods. The session will include some ayurvedic tips on eating in-tune with nature, season and our body type…
The session is free and you get to taste the food cooked. Donations are welcome.
If anyone has an area whole foods store you can check their calendar for classes.

I'm interested to learn more about "ayurvedic". I had to look it up.
Quote:
ayurvedic medicine is a system of traditional medicine native to India[2] and a form of alternative medicine.[3] In Sanskrit, words āyus, meaning "longevity", and veda, meaning "knowledge" or "science".[2][4] The earliest literature on Indian medical practice appeared during the Vedic period in India,[3] i.e., in the mid-second millennium BCE.
The whole concept of foods/herbs as medicines fascinates me. I'll report back if I learn anything interesting.

I bought some "super greens" yesterday. It is a mix of 5 green leafy things that comes in a big plastic container next to the spinach. I've gotta say that I recognize some of those "super greens" as the weeds I pulled in my grass! hahaha. I had no clue I was cultivating super greens in my yard.

LAURA...thanks for the hugs!
Quote:
BTW, what are zoodles and where does one find/buy them or how do you make them?
zucchini noodles. You can make them by using a veg. peeler and peeling strips of the zucchini. Or you can buy a fancy peeler thingey that makes spaghetti-like strands of zucchini. It also works well with yellow squash.
Quote:
TOM is finally gone and the scale is slowly creeping down ounce by ounce. I have a goal to lose 13 pounds by the end of the month. I need to eat more low carb and exercise more! Hope everyone does well!
YAY on TOM leaving and the scale going down!

ALABAMA SUNSHINE....
Quote:
I might even think i'm getting sexy,lol.
Bring sexy back!
I hope you and your family/loved ones were not affected by the last tornados.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The zoodles question reminded me of something I've been wanting to mention.
I saw a cooking show by Ann Burrell where she used butternut squash as the noodles in a lasagna recipe. It looked A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!
I've used eggplant (pain because I salt, drain and then they are mushy texture-wise) and zucchinis to make mock lasagna. I've never thought about slicing butternut squash into lasagna looking strips. I'm thinking the texture would be good and I love the taste!
Has anyone used butternut squash as lasagna noodles?

Here is the recipe.....
Quote:
Butternut Squash and Pork Lasagna
Recipe courtesy Anne Burrell

Prep Time:30 minInactive Prep Time:20 minCook Time:2 hr 45 min
Level:
Intermediate
Serves:
8 to 10 servings
Ingredients
Pork Ragu:
4 cloves garlic, smashed
3 ribs celery, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
1 large Spanish onion, cut into 1-inch dice
1/2 fennel bulb, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
Pinch crushed red pepper
2 pounds ground pork
1 cup tomato paste
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups pureed canned tomatoes
4 bay leaves
1 cinnamon stick
1 fresh thyme bundle
Lasagna:
3 large butternut squash, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices, preferably on a mandoline
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
8 cloves garlic, smashed
Pinch crushed red pepper
2 pounds assorted wild mushrooms, or any kind you like, stemmed and sliced
2 pounds washed baby spinach
1 1/2 pounds high-quality fresh ricotta
1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and finely chopped
2 cups grated Parmesan
Directions
For the pork ragu: (This can TOTALLY be done ahead!) Place the garlic, celery, onions and fennel in a food processor and puree to a coarse paste.

Coat a large, wide pot with olive oil and toss in the pureed veg. Bring the pan to a medium-high heat and season generously with salt and a sprinkey dink of crushed red pepper. Cook the veg until they start to get brown and form a crust on the bottom of the pan; be patient...this will take a little time. Scrape the crud off the bottom of the pan and let it re-form. Stay with it and DO NOT let it burn.

Add the ground pork, sprinkle with salt and repeat this process. This takes patience...accept it and move on. THIS is where BIG flavors are formed.

When the meat is nice and brown, add in the tomato paste, stir to combine and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the white wine and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.

Toss in the pureed tomatoes, bay, cinnamon stick, thyme and 2 cups water. Taste and season with salt if needed. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, add more water and reduce again. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. Turn off the heat and use immediately or store for future use.

For the lasagna: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Working in batches, toss the butternut squash slices with olive oil and salt. Lay the squash slices on sheet trays and bake until the squash is tender but still holds its shape, about 20 minutes. Repeat until all the squash is roasted.

Coat a large saute pan with olive oil, toss in 2 of the garlic cloves and a pinch of crushed red pepper and bring the pan to a medium-high heat. When the garlic is golden and very aromatic, remove it and toss it in the "thank you for coming bowl". Add half of the mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and cook until they are soft and wilted. Remove from the pan and reserve. Repeat this whole process--starting with the oil and garlic--with the remaining mushrooms, followed by the spinach in 2 batches. Drain and cool the cooked spinach in a colander or mesh strainer.

In a large bowl combine the ricotta and parsley.

To assemble: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a ladleful of the pork ragu in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and spread it around to LIGHTLY cover the bottom of the dish.

Arrange an even layer of the roasted squash on top of the ragu; be sure the squash completely covers the surface of the baking dish--this acts as the "pasta". Cover the squash layer generously with more ragu. Spoon 1-tablespoon scoops of the ricotta mixture over the ragu. Arrange an even layer of spinach and mushrooms over the ricotta. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan. Lay another layer of squash over the Parmesan and repeat the process until the baking dish is full, ending with a top layer of squash topped with a little ragu and Parmesan.

Cover the baking dish with foil, place on a sheet tray and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LAURA....
Quote:
I have some shiratake noodles and also miracle rice that I am going to try this week
I've used shiratake noodles for years. I usually buy them at asian markets for very cheap. I think a 16oz bag is about $1.50.

I learned a few tips along the way and wanted to share.

I looked at the cookbook and I didn't see any type of noodle prep except for rinse and drain. I have found that it significantly helps if you take an extra step and pan sauté the noodles for 10-15 minutes to leech out some of the liquid. Those things hold a LOT of liquid and can affect a recipe. It can make an otherwise good recipe really watery.
I also find that pan drying out the noodles helps them better absorb the flavors of whatever sauce/recipe you use.

Another tip which I learned is that the really long noodles are easily cut with a spatula while pan drying. I used to take scissors and hand cut the things. PAIN. Then I discovered while drying them that I could just cut with spatula.

If you dry them in the pan make sure to stir every few minutes so they don't stick to the pan.

I've never tried the rice ones. I plan to order those from netrition. I'm thinking they would be a good filler for stuffing squash or grape leaves.
I might even mix them with some real rice for DH to add fiber and reduce the calories/carbs.

Let us know how you liked your noodles/rice and how you made them.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #416
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning ladies! Not only is it March but I just realized that we turn the clocks back...or is it forward....next weekend. I hate losing an hour of sleep! Not that I sleep that much, but still.

Vicki---I remember last summer you were looking for the sugar free coconut ice cream. I've been watching for it and finally found it yesterday. It was at the Health Market in HyVee over by Valley West Mall. However, my understanding is that if they have it at one HyVee in the region than they have it at the warehouse and any of the other HyVee's can get it as well---so if you're still interested you should talk with your local store about getting it. It is very expensive---little container, guessing it's a pint maybe, total of 2 cups anyway and it was 6.29 or something like that. Hope you are doing well!

Lynn---so glad the plan is going well! That slip doesn't sound too bad to me...my slips always end up being big pig outs. So do you have your food planned for this week?

Hope DD's knee is better! Ugg on the time and cost involved in the whole thing though. Sounds like you are very close to DD and she makes you very proud.

Oh---so you already know how great TJ's is, I bet you have been missing it! So do you live in a small town? I have never been to Oregon but just from things I've heard I imagine it is a much nicer place than CA to raise a child.

I think today I'm going to make that pb cookie recipe you posted---hope they are tasty!

Liz---I do have the non-stick foil but for grilling I love getting the box of foil that has the pre-cut sheets in it. Perfect size for whatever I'm making and it just seems much easier---and I love easy!

The aminos kicked in almost immediately and I felt much more like myself yesterday. I must have been really depleted. I only ended up taking a very minimal amount of them compared to the 7 doses I was taking when I first took them and it was perfect, so I'll continue with that for as long as it works. Much easier trying to dose just a couple of times a day instead of 7!!

Jaime---on the Misto you can find them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Not sure if you have those in Canada? I also see them now at my local grocery store in the section with cooking oils.

Winifred---sexy is all in the mind! Or at least that's what I've been told. Never been or felt sexy before---hmmm, maybe I need to figure out how to feel that...or think that....or be that?!

Laura---zoodles are just zucchini that is prepped like noodles. I personally just use a veggie peeler to make the 'noodle' strips but there are fancy gadgets you can buy that make the noodles like spaghetti. I love them sauteed in olive oil with lots of garlic and onion powder, but my favorite way is with homemade alfredo sauce. You can use them wherever you would use noodles---but I love them best just as a side dish.

Well, since yesterday all I accomplished was errands and goofing off, I suppose I should try to get some stuff around here done today. I was hoping to get a walk in outside today but it is currently snowing so that doesn't bode well for it getting warm enough. However, it is supposed to hit 60 on Tuesday so I may just have to leave work early that day so I can enjoy a bit of the warmth.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #417
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Liz! It took me forever to get that post done and totally missed you! That class at WF sounds great! My coworker is from India (and her name happens to be Deepika!) and she is frequently telling me which herbs, spices, etc. will heal what and how to use them. Unfortunately, I never seem to remember which ones do which things! That culture really does look at food as medicine, or at least they seemed to until they became Westernized. Now they are having all the same troubles as we are.

Thank you for the butternut lasagna---looks fantastic! And I never thought of using the winter squash for zoodles---awesome! I don't know why that never occurred to me as I've used them for just about everything else! I also never thought of making zoodles with yellow squash. For some reason I'm not as big a fan of the yellow as I am of zuchs but I think I will try that out this summer when there are tons of yellows around.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Lol ,Teresa sexy is a mind thing with me too.To be able to walk without a cane or a walker ,to be able to be more active with my grandkids,all of that sounds so good.And not to have to take 13 pills twice a day would be nice.But I know it all will happen,I just got to keep my eyes on the prize of better health.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
Hi-

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Teresa, which aminos do you take and how did you know which ones to use as well as what dosage?

Ladies, Thanks for the info about the zoodles...I'll have to try making some soon. :P

And we're ALL sexy..we just have to embrace it and then go with it (I struggle with that too but I'm getting better at believing it... )

I hope everyone has a wonderful week-tomorrow is a new day, a new week and a fresh start!

--Laura
pescacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your kind thoughts and support about my job and this tough time for the families, truth is It feels weird to hear those things, cause I feel so insignificant when it comes to helping them, I am grateful the path God up me on lead me this way, I just wish I had some super powers or fairy dust that could help these families out of this nightmare for them!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I am sad that it's over already! Those Zoodles are sounding very interesting to me, and the cookies!

Teresa- thanks for sharing, I had no Ida bodies changed, but it makes sense I pray things go better for you, I hope your not dealing with work security issues and it's all going to be calmer for you soon. Those PB bars are the Atkins ones, I was stuck those days and decided it was better than nothing, but I try to avoid them.

Laura- glad to see our back! How is your plan going?

Lynn- you did so well getting back on plan! WTG

liz, Vicki, Winifred, Dilly- I hope or all doing well too

I saw a small movement in the scales the last couple days...from 222 to 220.5, I am scared to celebrate it though as it seems to bob around a lot. So I am crossing fingers and toes that it will keep moving down. If this keeps going then I am going to have to assume my stall has been cream cheese related. I did use fit day, but didn't see much there, it was hard to track each day cause I didn't have time to enter the custom foods enough( I know sounds like an excuse, I need to make time)
Thanks for the help on looking for the sprayer! We have a Costco and a Bed Bath and Beyond so I will check those out.

Good night all!

Today was not a balanced day at all
B- 3 eggs with cheese and bacon
S- mc double
D- chicken, veggies, salad ( at a fundraiser, scraped off the coating)
On the way home- hungry from such little food do burger with cheese and mayo