Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Lynn: O.M.G! DH and I are having the deep dish pizza tomorrow night.
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Well, its TGIF! Yippeee!

Well, I'm happy to report that my cravings are gone today and I'm feeling much better!

Believe me, being a craving manic is NOT the place to be! So I'm re-evaluating my WL plan and trying to decide what to do next! I'm even thinking about making a new plan by taking away the elements I have liked about each of my past plans (and that's alot) and mixing them together.

Since people get Monday off, DH is taking a week and going to work from home! That will be GREAT! I'm hoping to get out and doing some walking with him. Before the adoption, we use to walk alot (30 + miles/wk). The discouraging part was, it didn't seem to make any difference with my weight loss journey! I think there really is something to your body getting used to things. I've really have had good results with cardio cycling in the past where you intenionally vary the intensity of a walk/run/cycle.

Amy: I hope the pizza turns out delish for you and your family!

Teresa: I hope you don't have to work too long this weekend and get some enjoyable time for yourself!

Ladies, hope you all have a GREAT weekend.
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: gettinserious
Stats: 3++/3++/170
WOE: lowcarb foods
Start Date: argh
Nice thread :)

I am going into a year of new beginnings. I am getting married this summer and I have been challenged to lose 100 lbs by years end for a new wardrobe. I am SO motivated at this point. But I do need to find a balance.
gettinserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning ladies! Sorry for being MIA yesterday, it was just kind of a crazy one. Boss was out which is usually not a big deal but I ran into a couple tough situations that ended up consuming most of my day. After several rounds on the first issue it all worked out as it needed to (although again, I am not a very popular girl around here ) and the other one I thought we would have to sort out Monday a.m. because we were at a stand still but I came in to e-mails this morning and we are now somehow in agreement---yay!!

Welcome Tannie! Are those your cuties in your avi? A wedding and a new wardrobe---sounds like some serious motivation!!

Lynn--well, no one can say that you didn't give JUDDD a good shot, cause you definitely did! Sorry you had to go through a rough couple of days but I'm betting you did learn some things from it that you can take into your next plan of attack! As far as taking a combo of things and making your own plan---that is exactly what I have done all along. I'm not good at rules and structure (which is so funny because everyone in my professional life would tell you differently ) and I have just never found an exact fit with any plan so I've taken the best of all worlds, trying to incorporate some logic and science with it, and set up my own parameters. I suspect you will be able to take all of your experiences and come up with a great plan---and I want to hear all about it as you figure it out.

Getting out and walking sounds great! I'm hoping to do some of that this weekend. We're supposed to be sunny and low 40's this weekend so if I hit it at the right time in the afternoons it shouldn't be too horribly cold for at least a short walk. I'd love to hear more about your cardio cycling. Is it something like HIIT? I did some of that with jogging/sprinting a few years ago. But sadly I've discovered I am just not meant to be a runner....don't like it at all.

Amy---enjoy that deep dish pizza!!

Linda---ohhhhh, a walk on the beach sounds divine! Hope you're having a good day.

So I avoided all V-day treats this week, didn't even bother with the sf ones. I have my bottle of wine chilling in the fridge however now I'm not in the mood for it anymore! Oh well, it will be there for when I am. I expected no one to be in the office (in my section anyway) when I came in today however someone is here as there is a box of Krispy Kremes in the break area right by my office ....and some of my favorite ones. I think I'll be getting my water and tea today down in one of the other break area as I am not going to blow a good week on those stupid things!

Alright, must get back to it so I can get out of here in a few hours! Have a great day everyone!!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post

Welcome Tannie! Are those your cuties in your avi? A wedding and a new wardrobe---sounds like some serious motivation!!
Yep those are my cuties. But that was from before. lol. They are 4 and 8 now.. Just the same tho... Literally. And its not so cute anymore.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #336
Junior LCF Member

Good afternoon, ladies. It's a beautiful, sunny day here.

Last night, I went off plan and had a cup of chai tea(steeped in milk, not water) with a couple tsps real sugar. I was at my sister's house and she didn't have any artificial sweetener and I forgot my own. Boy I'm not going to do that again. I woke up all bloated and feeling icky.

Overall, I've had a pretty good week. I'm back on plan today and slowly feeling better. I just had a nice salad (spring mix, cucumber, hard boiled egg, grilled chicken, bacon, crumbled full fat cheese, and a little bit of red onion with ceaser dressing).

I have to say, I love low carb eating. It makes me feel so much better. I don't wake up feeling so icky. Last night was a good lesson for me. If a cup of high carb tea is going to do that to me, I can only imagine what a binge would do. Live and learn, right?

Tannie Welcome. A new wardrobe is defintely a big incentive for me. Although as I lose the weight, Goodwill will be my bff. Why buy brand new clothes to only have them be too big in a month? (That's my thinking at least. c

Teresa Good for you for avoiding all those treats. I've been doing pretty good myself. My kids have brought home all kinds of treats this week and I haven't snuck any. I've even managed to stay away from the tootsie rolls (i'm a sucker for tootsie rolls).

Lynn I like the idea of taking different elements from different plans and putting it all together. I'm really curious to see how it works for you. I've only ever done atkins. It's always worked for me. The problem is that I was never as dedicated to it as I needed to be. So I would lose 10-30 pounds then fall off. I'm a carb addict and I know it. Trying to break that habit and avoid diabetes and all the other stuff that comes from being a 100 lbs overweight.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitable Amy View Post
Tannie Welcome. A new wardrobe is defintely a big incentive for me. Although as I lose the weight, Goodwill will be my bff. Why buy brand new clothes to only have them be too big in a month? (That's my thinking at least. c

Oh rest assured my 1st round is going to be Goodwill/salvation army style shopping. See my mom offered me $100 for new clothes if I lose 100 lbs this year... THEN next year I lose the last 100 lbs, Ill get another new wardrobe... So Im in it to win it. lol.

THATS not the motivating factor tho... My wedding is. lol. I have the perfect dress picked out but in order to get it off the rack and not altered (WAY more expensive) into a corset to fit my fat butt, Id have to lose. I can easily lose this weight by August. Been there done that on this WOE. Ill do it again.

I regained weight saving my daughters life and lost myself. Shes doing good now so its MY time to shine. And what better way than to be gorgeous on my wedding day. Ill still be fat, but Ill be much smaller fat!
GOAL #1: Get into size 22s or beyond by August!
GOAL #2: Lose 100 lbs by years end for a new wardrobe!!

"Cheats happen but the next moment starts now. What you do with it is up to you. Cheat again or abstain... its up to you."
Old 02-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #338
Junior LCF Member

I have no doubt that you'll be absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Tannie your babies are cute.You have two big goals for this year and you will do it.

I am working on little monthly goals ,in hope to accomplish my loss.My biggest issuse is staying commited,but this time am staying with it much longer than in the past.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh its not easy despite the big goals. Already the sweet cravings have begun. lol. Not even a full day and my body is clamoring for sugar. Good thing Im more motivated than that.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Good evening Ladies,

Busy day for me. Still stuck in mid-terms and doing regular weekly house chores (grocery shopping, washing, cleaning)! But I must get my posting "fix" in today for ME!

Tannie: to our little but Mighty group!!! Your little ones are absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure they keep you MORE than busy!

So glad you are taking time for yourself and your goals! It is so easy to loose site of ourselves when meeting the needs of everyone else or work demands!

As you can read, we broach many topics around eating and living so please join in! You have some wonderful goals ahead of you and some great incentives to get there!

Amy: Thanks for the encouragement as I find to find my way! I definitely need something not quite as extreme as JUDDD but I need to be sucessful too! One step at a time, I suppose!

Yea, sugar in your system can do bad things and certainly make you want MORE (and more and more)!

I know what you mean about being dedicated! What helps me to stay dedicated is "Self Talk". I go over my behaviors, how I could do better, plan for the "next time", etc. I also think about my WL progress (or lack of progress) and then think about what I could do differently and on and on.

Teresa: I'm glad you got things straightened out at work! My, it sounds like your often put in the political arena and that's a hard, stressful place to be. I always liked it best when I just got to work on my assigned tasks (i.e. writing my software manual).

As I get older, WL certainly becomes harder. I sometimes wonder why that is. I know the metabolism slows but is it more than that? I've read some interesting theories about the body's ability to adapt and that we need to continually "shake things up". Do you have any thoughts about the body's adaptive response?

I think you can cardio cycle with things other than running such as walking or cycling. In my past, this approach did help me break through a plateau and I was quite surprised. I plan to incorporate a beginners aerobic interval training with my stationary bike. After warm-up I'll probably start with 2 minutes hard with 5 minutes recovery or something like that.

You mentioned the brownie pudding recipe before. Do you think it would work with using PB2 flour instead of almond? Though I would ask your opinion before I tried it! It sounds so good!

I hope you're at home now and out of the office and were able to avoid those Krispy Kremes! With all the temptations you've been able to avoid, I think you should give yourself a reward! You've done GREAT!

Well, that's all for me ladies! Have a fantastic evening!

~Lynn~
Old 02-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I have been missing....so much wrap up with the event I am to tired...I hope everyone is doing well!
Me...not so much...still on plan, but very seriously mad as the last 2 days I have gained 2 pounds each day and I have no idea why?
It sure hard to stay on plan when that happens....
I am pretty grumpy tonight so I should jus t go to sleep....with this much weight to lose, who has 4 pounds to gain with no fun involved!??
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Tannie---have you already purchased your wedding dress or just spotted the one you want in the store? Either way I would imagine seeing it frequently would be some good motivation....although then again I can see all the pants in my closet that are just a bit too snug and somehow that doesn't get my butt going! But a wedding, and all those pictures that you will be looking at and showing off for the rest of your life, is probably much better motivation!

Amy---yay on avoiding the candy/tootsie rolls! Your salad sounds delish! I'm not a big bacon fan in general, but for whatever reason I just love it on salads or in veggie casseroles. How is DH doing with lc?

Winifred--- on staying committed for longer!! I remember during the first year when I kept thinking---I'm still really doing this?! It would kind of shock and amaze me! With 1 exception years ago when I did low fat for over a year---I had never stuck with anything more than a few months....maybe 5-6 months a couple of times....but most attempts lasted part of a day or MAYBE a week or so. It's so exciting when things start to click and you're just 'doing it!'

Lynn---nope, no Krispy Kremes for me! You know what the hardest thing was? Besides that they were the 'flavors' that I love---it's that I knew they would not get eaten because I was the last one out of there yesterday and no one will be in that area today, so it's like they are going to waste. For whatever reason, that kills me. I'm really working on that mentality that it's perfectly OK to throw out food, regardless of what it is, what the cost, etc. Not that I try to be wasteful but if it isn't good for me, or if it is good for me but I simply don't like it or don't want it anymore---it's OK to get rid of it! For whatever reason this is a tough one for me!!

Yes--my job is very stressful and lots of politics involved. I actually thrive on that....to a point. I get a little too 'passionate' at times which is what makes me good at it because I truly believe in what I am doing and why, but it also can be my downfall if I don't channel it correctly...which I am working on! It can also be very time consuming and sometimes I just want to get my work done and not have to constantly analyze how I am going to get everyone on the same page in order to do it!

So how are your classes going this semester? Are you taking classes on line or on a campus? When will you be done with your degree?

Yep, I think my body is very adaptive, to many things. It's like the sleeping thing....I have tried so many natural remedies and a few of them have worked marvelously---for a few days or maybe a couple of weeks if I'm lucky...then nothing. I think my body figures it out and then overrides whatever it is so it can go back to status quo. Really, our bodies were designed for survival, and I tend to think they perceive new things or changes that we make that changes up what they have to do as a threat. I don't necessarily think that our bodies understand that something is a healthy change per se---it's a threat to what it has adapted to doing for so long and therefore---it's a threat---so then it works hard to find homeostasis. So I am all for carefully/gently tricking the body. I say carefully/gently because I have seen people do some radical changes--including one lady that was convinced that like every other day she had to change up her plan and although she would get big drops in weight at times doing that she would ultimately bomb out in the end. I think we have to be a little more calculated in what we do and work a bit more 'with' our bodies when 'tricking' them. So what kind of change up are you thinking about?

On the brownie pudding, I think PB2 would work just fine! It's just peanut flour with a bit of sugar in it and I have subbed pb flour for almond flour in many things and it works great. I was going to make that last weekend but was too lazy---didn't want to deal with the whole water bath thing and I didn't have any cream to make whipped cream with (not necessary but oh so good with some warm brownie pudding ) so I decided on regular brownies instead.

Jaime--I'm so glad to see you back, I was getting worried about you! I'm sorry the scale is going up. What do you think is going on? What changes have you made to your plan? What changes are going on in your life? Have you been ill or could it be cycle related? It is sooooo hard to keep going when it seems like you aren't getting results...but you will---I promise!! Just have to figure out what this is about and see if there is something you need to change up or if this is just some kind of fluctuation related to other things going on in your life and just ride it out. I remember many times in this journey the scale doing evil things like that and I would think---is this it? is this as far as I'm going to get? And I would get so depressed about it. But if you keep going, and changing things up a bit if needed, you will keep losing!! Is DH still doing lc with you? If so, how is it going for him?

I didn't get my walk in yesterday. A neighbor I haven't seen for a month came over and we ended up talking for over 4 hours and by that point it was getting cold and dark. But it was good to catch up. Supposed to be low 40's and sunshine today so I plan to get one in once it warms up enough. Looking at the next 10 days it appears we will stay in the low 40's to low 50's for the next week and then drop back down to the 20's at the end of the month. Oh well, spring is almost here. We have 2 geese that live on the property---not pets they just come here every year and think they own the place! Anyway---they came back yesterday so that's usually a pretty good indication that we are past the worst of the cold weather. I have to say, they are soooo funny! They are very loud and like to announce their arrival, and yesterday was no different! They get my kitties all crazed and excited!

Off to do some cleaning and food prep. No clue what I am going to make for the week. I have some soup in the freezer but I need to come up with something else. I have one lunch out this week and one potluck so there are a couple of meals I don't have to plan for....although I need to figure out what kind of dessert I'm making for the potluck (I always bring dessert ). I bought a heart shaped donut pan (V-day clearance...yes, I should have stayed away from that section but I made it out alive ) that I need to try out so I'll be making some of my favorite sprouted wheat donuts....but other than that I don't have any ideas. Guess I'll go see what ingredients I have on hand and figure out what I can make them into.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #344
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah, took my temp this morning when I got up (about 5am) and it was 97.4. Took it again just now---4 hours later---and it's 97.9. So I will try to take it a few more times today and see if it ever gets up to normal. If I can get some stuff done here today I'm going to go to the book store and see if I can find that book that Lynn recommended. I have a feeling that this whole adrenal thing might be the key to what is going on with me...maybe. I have re-read the adrenal stuff in the Mood Cure and aminos she recommends for this are pretty much the same ones I took before---when I was feeling so great. So I need to take inventory of the aminos I have left and figure out which other ones I need to buy so I can try out that plan in the near future.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday to you all!

Well, tomorrow starts a new program for me. I'm going to start with a 1 week detox. For me that loosely includes:

5 small meals per day (includes a snack around 2 and one at 7pm)
under 20 net carbs per day
fat and protein at each meal (and veggies at most)
juice of one lemon daily (in my Vitamix) to make lemonade.
Limit sweeteners to stevia
1/2 tsp of sea salt mixed with a liquid (for adrenal support).
Clean foods and no prepared packages
Homemade salad dressings only
Drink a minimum of 80 ounces of water daily
8 hrs of sleep nightly
Exercise not required during detox week

Any and all comments are welcomed ladies!!!

I'm psyched and ready to go on this!

Jaiyce: Don't freak out about the gain! Stay off the scale and don't let it decide for you how you are doing on a daily basis. The body is so fickled. You've been through a lot of stress lately and that factor alone could be the culprit. Hormones? who knows!!! I bet it will go back down as soon as you destress!

Winifred: YES, glad your staying with it. Just take one day at a time -- baby steps!

Teresa: Believe me I am NOT a doctor here, but your AM temp does seem a little low especially if your thyroid meds are optimized.
On your suspected adrenal issue, my best gentle advice is to see if your doctor will do the siliva tests. Self treatment is fine, but you need more information as to what is going on. I'm drawing from my own experience here! There was a time when my adrenals were functioning at such a low level that supplements alone were not enough!

Good for you on the food prep! If I'm not prepared and Hungry, I'm in the habit of grabbing anything! I try to at least prep my vegetables so they are ready to go! And thanks for the advice on the brownie pudding, I think I'll save it as a reward after a month into my new program.

Yes, with spring in the air, I feel like it's time to renew! Get some exercise, fresh air and a NEW start. Too funny about the geese on your property. Animals certainly have personalities. My daughter takes horse riding lessons on a ranch that has over 20 horses. She always tells me the details about their personalities and if one doesn't like you, it's best not to try and ride it! Cuz it will let you know

This quarter, my classes are online. My accounting one takes so much time, cuz it's my first accounting class - ever. My adviser waived a bunch of prerequisites for me so I could take it, but now I'm paying the price!

Plus, I'm kinda a perfectionist when it comes my classes. I'm very hard on myself. So that doesn't help either with the stress level. I need to learn how to lighten UP for God's sake!!!!

Well, everyone have a blessed day!

~Lynn~
Old 02-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbMe View Post
Good evening Ladies,

Tannie: to our little but Mighty group!!! Your little ones are absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure they keep you MORE than busy!

So glad you are taking time for yourself and your goals! It is so easy to loose site of ourselves when meeting the needs of everyone else or work demands!

As you can read, we broach many topics around eating and living so please join in! You have some wonderful goals ahead of you and some great incentives to get there!

~Lynn~
Thank you. That is one thing I love about these boards. The support is better than anywhere else on the web. And thats in ALL things..

Quote:
Good morning!

Tannie---have you already purchased your wedding dress or just spotted the one you want in the store? Either way I would imagine seeing it frequently would be some good motivation....although then again I can see all the pants in my closet that are just a bit too snug and somehow that doesn't get my butt going! But a wedding, and all those pictures that you will be looking at and showing off for the rest of your life, is probably much better motivation!

Lynn---nope, no Krispy Kremes for me! You know what the hardest thing was? Besides that they were the 'flavors' that I love---it's that I knew they would not get eaten because I was the last one out of there yesterday and no one will be in that area today, so it's like they are going to waste. For whatever reason, that kills me. I'm really working on that mentality that it's perfectly OK to throw out food, regardless of what it is, what the cost, etc. Not that I try to be wasteful but if it isn't good for me, or if it is good for me but I simply don't like it or don't want it anymore---it's OK to get rid of it! For whatever reason this is a tough one for me!!
It is WAY motivating. lol. That and we are ah... very active couple.. I want to not be limited in any way shape or form. lol.

This is my dress I have picked out: Chiffon Gown with Beaded Tulle Bodice - David's Bridal

I love it, but to buy it and pay the rack price I HAVE to lose. Otherwise Im looking at hundreds of dollars extra to turn it into a corset dress just to fit my big butt. And NO way is that happening. I have plans for our honeymoon that also would be greatly helped by losing weight. lol.

As for your donut dilemma, bag them up and take them to a homeless shelter or something. Those places are always looking for food supplies. If they are perfectly good to eat why waste them?

Quote:
Oh yeah, took my temp this morning when I got up (about 5am) and it was 97.4. Took it again just now---4 hours later---and it's 97.9. So I will try to take it a few more times today and see if it ever gets up to normal. If I can get some stuff done here today I'm going to go to the book store and see if I can find that book that Lynn recommended. I have a feeling that this whole adrenal thing might be the key to what is going on with me...maybe. I have re-read the adrenal stuff in the Mood Cure and aminos she recommends for this are pretty much the same ones I took before---when I was feeling so great. So I need to take inventory of the aminos I have left and figure out which other ones I need to buy so I can try out that plan in the near future.
I hope you figure it out soon. That sounds pretty serious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiyce View Post
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I have been missing....so much wrap up with the event I am to tired...I hope everyone is doing well!
Me...not so much...still on plan, but very seriously mad as the last 2 days I have gained 2 pounds each day and I have no idea why?
It sure hard to stay on plan when that happens....
I am pretty grumpy tonight so I should jus t go to sleep....with this much weight to lose, who has 4 pounds to gain with no fun involved!??
Bodies are a pain in the tookus. Simply put. When I got in a slump before I would carb cycle for a couple of days and it would help me alot. Id go from my normal 40-50 carbs to about 100... And it would be where Id eat the things Id been missing whole foods wise.. Bananas... oranges and just higher carb items. Maybe some chocolate... Just to jump start the body and remind it why its on low carb to begin with. And Id see a good loss and keep going. I lost 66 lbs in 3 months doing that... Thats what I plan to do this time. I have 6 months til my wedding, there is no official day but I know it will be in August. lol. Away from the holidays and birthdays. Im hoping for 100lbs by then.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

AS for me... ARGH! I gotta work tonight. :/ Mcdonalds... meh... lol. Its just a couple days a week for now. I can muddle thru... I think. lolololol..

Day two is going great. I got up later because of work so we had brunch.

B- sausage scramble (eggs, sausage, laughing cow swiss, onions)

L/snack- double cheese burger (no bun, no ketchup, add mayo), coke zero

D- double cheese burger same as above... side salad, coke zero
Old 02-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #348
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning...

Lynn---looks like a great plan to me! Should get you detoxed and ready to start with whatever your next step is.

So on the adrenal stuff---maybe I should wait to do the aminos until after testing? I was kind of wondering about that---cause if I start them now and they help some then I won't really know what is going on. I'll have to go see her for an H&P before surgery so that will likely be within about a month so I think I can wait that long. I totally forgot to take my temp again yesterday until late afternoon, right after I took a long walk. It was 98.4 then but I wish I had taken it before the walk as well so I had something to compare it to. I'll do better with the temp taking stuff next weekend as I'd like to get a few days of readouts documented to take in to my Dr when I see her.

Yes---horses have HUGE personalities, probably why I love them so much!! As soon as things warm up enough I will be going for a ride (rent at a lake/park area about 20 miles away). I'll have to try to do that before surgery if the weather cooperates because it will probably be a couple months or so after before I would be able to do it again as I will be too sore for all that jostling around!

Good luck with the accounting class! I'm one of those weirdos that loves math, accounting, stats, economics and all of that kind of stuff!

Tannie---the dress is beautiful!! Yeah, on the donuts I did try to think who I could give them to but missions, nursing homes, etc. around here won't take things that are opened/not invidually packaged/etc. unless you are coming there to visit someone you know. I thought about taking them home for my neighbors but if they weren't around, then I would be left with a bunch of donuts staring at me so decided it was much better to just leave them alone!!

So do you get to eat free at McDonalds when you're working? That could be a pretty good deal. Although it could also be dangerous!!

WI 157.2 so down something from last week....but last week was up so I think I'm pretty much where I was the week before. Oh well, spring is in the air and I'm feeling much more motivated/energetic so hopefully I can get myself in losing mode again. Besides it being a bit warmer--which always makes me feel better--I think changing back to the gel cap vit D3's a couple of weeks ago really did make a difference. I almost immediately felt different and thought maybe it was just in my mind but after a couple of weeks of starting to feel more like myself---I'm pretty sure those tablets were not working.

"Easy" day at work today. Only a couple of meetings so maybe I can finally finish up the stuff I have been coming in on weekends to do.....maybe!

Have a nice day today ladies! Oh---and go fill up your gas tanks cause they are saying it will go up 20-30 cents a gallon by the end of the week!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

hi all

yes we get a free meal. Im fortunate that Im not allowed desserts at the moment. Otherwise the chocolate chip cookies just might get me. I just get a burger and a side salad. My determination is bigger than my need for chocolate or sweet stuff. THANK goodness!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Lurking in the shadows, nothing to report.
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, I was able to stay on my detox plan yesterday and now to face another day!

My starting WI is 183.4. I was happy to retain most of my JUDDD losses!

One thing I got from JUDDD are some tips on getting the calorie count from food really low (although some of their recipees push it past the limit in my opinion).

Anyhow, I've been incorporating oat fiber and chia gel into some bread types food to reduce the calories. The oat fiber can make LC bread not quite as dense and even airy. Plus it has zero calories. The chia gel locks in moisture and is healthy. Can you tell I love to noodle in the kitchen? It's my territory!

DH is working from home this week so it makes it extra hard. As much as I try to shield myself from what people around me are eating, sometimes it becomes very challenging! Leaving the room does REALLY help.

Tannie: The wedding dress you have selected is elegant and beautiful! You will look gorgeous in it! Wow, the benefits AND the temptations of working at McDs. You are very strong and determined to work there and be able stay on track! You Rock!

Teresa: It's a hard call about whether you start your aminos. In my journey, taking the saliva test, getting results took about a month. First you go to the Dr. , then they order the testing kit (if they don't already have them), then you take it home and collect saliva throughout the day, bring the kit back, the office sends out the kit to the lab, takes about two weeks to get results, they call you and you make an appointment, and so on. What a hassle!

I imagine that it would take a few weeks to a month at least for the aminos to start helping, So if you take the saliva test soon, then I don't think it would influence the readings very much if at all. I guess it also depends on how you bad you are feeling. Just some thoughts!!!!

Yay, for the vitamin D3 gel caps! I'm so glad you're feeling better! Vitamin D3 does have SO many health benefits. Even my husband who is majorly skeptical of everything takes them!

Well ladies it's time to start your engines and have a beautiful day!

~Lynn~
Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Good morning ladies! Sorry I have been MIA for the past week, been busy at home and work, and then had a two day binge fest . The scale was not moving down and I had my normal "pity party." It started on V-day when I had several brownie bites, then ok for a few days, and then back on a two day binge! Why do I continue to do this to myself? I am an ex-smoker (almost 12 years) and know if I smoke 1 cigarette I would be hooked because I enjoyed smoking, why can't I get the same mind set about high carb food? I need to really start journaling and keep track of my mood and foods, but it is such an incovenience to do so!

I am ready for another new day, stopped by the store on my way to work and picked up some tuna packets, Carbmaster yogurt, strawberries, shredded cheese, and salad mix. Not exactly Atkins plan (fruit) but I am ok with that.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
Hi Ladies-

Sorry I haven't posted. Been reading but been doing badly on the eating and exercising. Like others here, I tend to isolate when I'm feeling bad, eating badly, feel out of control with the eating/trying to be better at being healthy or when I've been slacking on the exercise. I lost my mojo and I think it has been a combo of a few things that I've tried to identify:

I feel overwhelmed with the amount of weight left to lose (130 pounds or so) and feel disheartened that even though I seem to eat a lot less than before my weight loss surgery, I gain at the least little deviation and seem to lose very slowly. I am angry with my body and also angry that the dang nutritionist said "oh, for the first 6 months afterwards you could eat all wrong and still lose weight." well..that hasn't been the case. Then again, this came from the same person who told me to eat 130grams of carbs per day and said that was on the low said of the amount of carbs I should eat. My body is stuck and refuses to go below 283 so I can hit the -50 pounds mark. So, I guess I've been punishing my body and myself by eating very badly. I was eating well and couldn't lose and felt deprived and saw gains for no apparent reason so if I was going to gain anyway, why not do it with some choclate and little debbie desserts and at least enjoy it, eh?! Stinking thinking to be sure. I know I control what goes in my mouth, not the nutritionist or anyone else and I just haven't been making good choices.

I am an emotional eater and have been in upheaval and turmoil about the finalization of my divorce. I am struggling. It is like I have to mourn and go through the hurts and pain all over since the final hearing is coming up probably in May. I don't trust my soon to be ex not to pull some crap and I still am upset that he wasn't the man he vowed to be much less led me to believe he was when I sacrificed the career I had at the time, left my friends, family and culture to move to Italy where I was treated so badly by him, his family and his friends and believed him about starting a family (and now I'm past the age where I feel I could safely have a biological child so I'm upset and angry about that too). I want to say some things to him like he's no better than that stupid, irresponsible, selfish, arrogant, self centered, cheating cruise ship captain that abandoned his ship after he wrecked it trying to show off for girl he was cheating on his wife with and then cowered under a blanket making excuses about why he abandoned his duties, responsibilities and the people he had said he would take care of and simply thought of himself. I've waited almost 4 years for my soon to be to ex (as the coast guard captain yelled at him) to GET BACK ON BOARD, *expletive* in our relationship and BE the man he vowed to be on our wedding day and stop being a lying, cheating, whining, pathetic excuse for a human being much less a man. I've been having nightmares and just feel upset and angry a lot. It is eating me up inside and so I think I'm eating everything in sight to try to stop those feelings.

I'm also exhausted because of some stuff happening at work. Working with mentally unstable people can be draining all on its own but to have them sexually harrass you and make you worried that they might stalk or try to hurt you and/or make threats toward you about their access to M-16 rifles and ammo (or you worry they might hurt your family) when they get out makes it worse. I have a unique last name and the only other people with the same last name in the phone book are my elderly parents. I have tried to tell the supervisors where I work that this is a huge safety issue and if one of those patients goes off their meds or continues to refuse the meds and is in a psychotic/delusional state and/or gets angry and decides to do something, they will either hurt me or my folks but my supervisors dismiss me. I'm worried it will only be after someone is hurt or killed by one of the patients that they will take action and listen to me.

I'm losing my hair...it is so thin and every time I comb it , it comes out in gobs. I've had to use something to unclog the shower drain, hair is all over my clothes, my seat in my car, the floor...everywhere. I had a nightmare about going bald, my hair is so thin-I used to have thick, wonderful hair and now it is limp and fine and falling out. I have to wrap a tiny elastic ponty tail holder 3 times around and I can recall when I used to need the biggest diameter and I couldn't loop those twice.

I'm also having bathroom issues-I have had to buy milk of magnesia and a stool softener. I used to go regularly once a day..now even when I eat veggies and salad everyday I get stopped up and feel like I'm trying to poop a pine cone. The doc told me to eat more but after a few bites of protein I feel full. I work hard to get 64oz of water in and eat as much protein as I can..I even bought some protein shots that taste awful but have 50g of protein in them just to try to up the amount I'm getting. I also bought some supplements this week-like biotin to try to help with the hair thing but I am not really putting much faith in that-people tell me it is a hit and miss thing where it works for some and not for others.

I also bought some clothes last week from some online places. They were supposed to be "regular" not "plus size" clothes because I am wearing a 14/16 top in Lane bryant and woman within clothing so I thought I would be ok to order the 3X and higher end of the "regular" clothing. NOPE! Nothing "regular" fit- How can there be such a BIG difference btween a 3X in regular clothes and a 14/16 from a plus size catalog? I can't see how I would EVER fit in some of this clothing--it was horrible and very demoralizing. I couldn't even think of squeezing in....and these were dresses so it isn't like I was trying to paint myself into some pants... I'm sending everything back today..and I feel stupid, fat and ugly (not to mention maybe *I* was delusional for thinking I could wear those clothes-work is rubbing off on me! AUGH!)

The social life/dating thing is getting to me too. Yeah, I know my friend's cousin was a loser but it still hurt. I also traded phone numbers with a guy at work and after talking to him once by phone and then I had to go because I had company (my mom) coming over and we were going out to a performing arts show so we HAD to leave to get there before the show started, the guy said "Ok, Call me tomorrow." So I did and he didn't answer the phone...and hasn't called me and that was almost a month ago so WTH??!! Then, I went out with someone else Feb 13th (I was working the 14th) and I got all dressed up and gave him a couple of heart shaped lollipops and a card and his comment later that evening was "Nope, I have zero attraction towards you..I'm honored you think so much of me but I'm not interested." umm...so why did we go out as "valentines" which I made clear during the time we were setting up the get together??!! and also...just what is so wrong with me? My mom saw the outfit and said she liked it-I wore the same one to the show with her as I did at the dinner with the guy and...so..ok..the message here is that only psychotic, delusional guys want me...GREEEEEAATT..NOT!!!

I'm tired and fatigued a lot. They keep flip flopping my schedule with the shifts I am working and when I have tried to plan several days off or even take one day off, I get called in-like today was supposed to be my day off-I got off at midnight last night and my boss called me at 7am to tell me I had to come in again today and he was switching my day off to tomorrow. Now, when I get off at midnight, I usually can't unwind and get to sleep until 2 am or so, so getting the call at 7 meant 5 hours of sleep. To make things worse, I'm a light sleeper and once I'm up, that's it-I'm done and can't go back to sleep. Lately, I feel like my life is just about work, sleeping a little (5-6 hours at most) and trying to eat and drink to not get dehydrated or have more hair fall out. Not the lifestyle I was hoping to create.

I'm open to suggestions about any of these areas on how to get back on track and feel better.

For those of you taking your body temp-I usually am around 97.8 and if I'm 98.6 or higher I often feel bad-like I have a fever. What kind of aminos are recommened/ suggested to overcome adrenal issues?

Tannie-Welcome and love the wedding dress! Best wishes.

Linda-hope you are feeling better and healing ok.

Lynn-Hope your midterms went well.

Teresa-glad the gel caps seem to be doing more than the tablets.

Hi to everyone and hope everyone is doing ok. Sorry about the long whiny post and it probably had TMI so my apologies to all.

--Laura

Last edited by pescacat; 02-21-2012 at 08:03 AM..
pescacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #354
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning----Happy Fat Tuesday!

Vicki---stop lurking and come join us....PLEASE!!

Tannie---oh yeah, I totally forgot they have dessert type stuff at McDonalds. That could spell definite trouble for me (I'm a sweets girl through and through!).

Lynn--hmmm, not sure what I should do about the aminos. I'm kind of thinking I will start them sooner....maybe. They actually have a pretty immediate impact if you are deficient in that particular amino....like sometimes just a matter of minutes. I really want to be as healthy as I can prior to surgery so I may just start them and see how it goes. I can always wait until my next appt with Dr in the fall to do the testing....hmmmm, not sure what I should do although either way I will talk with my Dr about it next month to make sure she will do it and get her opinion on when would be the best time. I do know I need to buy a few before I can get started on the whole regime so I'll get that accomplished first and then decide.

So tell me more about oat fiber and how you use it. I have some and occasionally put a bit in recipes but I'm not exactly sure what it does, how it impacts textures, etc. so I'm a little hesitant. I do love to use some ground chia in some of my baking and I think it really helps with staying satisfied longer.

Fonda---I'm sorry, I so understand where you're at. Strawberries by the way are totally Atkins approved as are all whole foods---just not typically eaten in most of his books during the induction period. But I'm pretty sure it would be allowed in the newest version which is much more liberal. And--really you just have to do what is right for you. For me I totally have to be able to eat foods I love---otherwise, this just isn't happening.

So have you figured out what is triggering the binges? Are you letting yourself get too hungry? Are you eating meals that really aren't your favorite thing but you feel you have to? Are you doing food planning/prep on your days off so you have great things available to eat all week? AND---is DH still leaving candy corn (or brownie bites or whatever) laying around?! Sorry for all the questions--I just always think if I can get to the root of what isn't working for me, then maybe it will be easier to turn it around.

OK---been working on this post for over an hour. I suspect all the interruptions mean I should be working.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!

Laura---

No advise, just some questions for you to think about if you want to....

1. what were your expectations about weight loss and how your life would change when you had WLS?

2. which of the things that you listed are within your control?

3. of the things within your control, is there one that focusing on changing (or at least changing your thinking about it) might also have a positive impact on some of the others?

Life certainly does just suck sometimes....at least that has been my experience. Sometimes things just change on their own and it gets better. Sometimes I have to figure out which actions or thoughts I need to change to make it better. I'm sure you will find your way, but I'm sorry all of this is weighing you down so much right now.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Laura: First to you! Yes, life's journey does have moments of being majorly SUCKY! I've been divorced myself and in the aftermath it DOES get better from here! You will discover, perhaps in time, that you are now free to paint your own canvas! Life can be happy again!

You are a strong woman because it takes a strong woman to recognize "this isn't working anymore" and then take action! Be KIND to yourself, give yourself time to heal and mourn your loss. Listen to what YOU want and what will make YOU happyl Yes, it's all about YOU!

Now about losing hair, I bet it's because of all the STRESS! It happened to me when life sucked! Guess what, when the stress eases and you start to enjoy life again, it GROWS back, all of it!

Now on your WOE, we all want instant results, unfortunately it doesn't happen that way. Losing weight is a slow constant struggle. Once you start to be sucessful, more sucess will follow if you work at it!

Please come back and post often, post your menus, your struggles, your successes! We are all trying to win at the same game!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi everyone, just a quick hello. today was a work day and a busy one and I'm pooped. I've made a big change in my eating last week. My brother sent me a book on kindle and asked me to promise to read it. It is called the China study. Well, I'm only 1/3 thru the book but I'm convinced that a plant based diet is the way to go for me for health reasons. So, I've become a Vegan. It is a huge change for me, no aminmal products, no dairy and very minimal almost no fat. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Hi everyone, just a quick hello. today was a work day and a busy one and I'm pooped. I've made a big change in my eating last week. My brother sent me a book on kindle and asked me to promise to read it. It is called the China study. Well, I'm only 1/3 thru the book but I'm convinced that a plant based diet is the way to go for me for health reasons. So, I've become a Vegan. It is a huge change for me, no aminmal products, no dairy and very minimal almost no fat. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted.
I hope it works for you. I read that book too recently and was all gung ho, then I petered out.
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaiyce
Stats: 262.9/174/144
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 21, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

I am still very frustrated and stuck

To be honest, I am just darned mad....I will be honest and tell you all that I did have one piece of bread and peanut butter and it was darned good, then I went to a movie and had popcorn...this was on Saturday.

But I am okay with it because it had been three months and right away I could have had an excuse to take a day and go to town, but I didnt and I woke up and went right back on plan and I was not starving or anything, I was really proud of myself........I was kinda hoping it would shake things up and I would begin to lose again.

I am going to post what I am eating with some help from you guys I welcome any feedback please- I did have an off day today and ate more than normal and for sure more carbs but I still am not sure where my mistakes are. I am avoiding bars now, and not to happy about that because I adore them. I can be honest and tell you that I really am not sure....I am going to commit to not getting on the scale until Monday and I am going to post my meals every night if thats okay- please send me any advice.

I dont think I am going to make my goal of 219 for March first....

My husband is doing very well, he is down 20 pounds and I am so glad for that, he had a bit of 3rd week stall and was upset but its going down again and he is looking good.

I am not sure about the cycle question to be honest I has a hysterectomy in 2008 so its hard to know, so I am not sure.

I am really scared that this is it and all that I am going to have for success, I love this low carb plan and I dont want it to stop working (Insert kicking my feet like a child).

Lynn- Thank you for your kind words...You are right about the scale, I dont know how many times I need to hit myself in the head with it before I stop!

Tannie- Wow you have had such success...I eat about 25-30 carbs a day right now and would love the carb cycle days...I do think that maybe I need to up it abit now and then and my 3 months of that low may be to little

Laura- It sounds like you really are having a tough time all around
I really hope things start to look up. I agree that the hair loss is likely stress. This might sound silly but when I am going through a tough time, I think about a song that I love and I cling to those lyrics and when I am feeling sad I play it ten times if I need to...like an anchor. I am thinking about Shania Twian's "Today is your Day" when I was reading your story and I hope you will google it and take a listen, because this need to be about you for a long while. You are strong enough to keep fighting through all this as you are where you are going to get better as long as you keep deciding each day is yours and each day is worth this. Anyway, I hope this does not sound like I am freaky...just a little thing I have done in my head since I was a kid...For instance my theme song for this weight loss journey is "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne...I play it and make myself listen to the words before I decide to give up and every time I do it helps...

Thank you everyone, you are always in my thoughts and prayers

B- 2 eggs, Sausage, Coffee with Cream
S- 1/2 roasted peper with turkey meat
l- Grilled Caesar Salad with Chicken
D- Steak Fajita's (with lettuce instead of tortilla's)
s- Decaf coffee with cream

Water - 65oz
Jaiyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi,just catching up on the posts.Laura hope everything works out for you.Lynn I see where you started detox,will detox speed up weight loss?? I know it gonna take time but I was just wondering.I'm trying to keep things going.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote