Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
hey everybody!

I have a bad tendency to isolate when I'm feeling bad, feeling depressed or my eating is out of control. It only makes me feel worse and makes my eating 100001% worse.

VICKI...I'm glad to see you posting! Sorry you're having work stress and sleep problems. I hope you are able to get some good restful sleep.
I think we are cut from the same cloth Liz.

My stress dropped a few notches today. I did sleep all night last night and I am hoping for that again tonight.

So, my mother calls me last night and asks if I would like to go to WW with her. "It is so much better than it used to be, you can eat all the fruit you want, no points". I politely declined. I am not against eating fruit, but I AM trying to get out of the "diet" mentality.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning---it's Friday!!

Lynn---ok, so I'm going to buy a new thermometer this weekend and try the temp thing. I know in the past my temp is usually a bit low when I go to the Dr but nothing drastic so I've never given it much thought---so I think I'll try monitoring that for a bit. My blood pressure is often low as well, but not too low---just on the lower end. At my heaviest I was always amazed that my bp was in the normal range---on the higher end but none the less that seemed to kind of defy the odds at that weight. Hmmmm, maybe it's all connected. I've had tons of hair loss over the last several years. I used to have tons of thick hair...no more. I have assumed it was due to weight loss but who knows. The flip side is I have facial hair which makes me wonder about some of the other sex homone issues. I know that can be connected to PCOS but I haven't had any signs/symptoms of that for a few years now. Anyway---I am definitely intrigued and need to learn more. Oh---and thanks for the book suggestion---now I have another book to go look for! I noticed the same with the web sites---some looked pretty factual/informative, some were pretty questionable.

I apologize if you've already said---but what are you going to school for?

Vicki---I'm glad your stress is going down!

Liz---yay on the social activities and yay on the bargain clothes! I love CWC! Not to rub it in but there is an outlet that I go to on the way to my mom's and I always find fantastic deals there. My favorite black pants were on a rack for 1.99 and I got an additiona 40% off on them! I have had them for at least 3 years now and wear them all the time! When I was there after Christmas I got 2 pairs of pants and a pair of jeans, all for about 5 bucks each. I love bargains.

I did try the starch before bed a couple of times. My problem is---I just can't do 'snack' or small amounts of food kind of things. It sets of the 'I want more' thing for me. I just have so many weird rules and obstacles and whatever when it comes to eating and/or my relationship with food that it's like trying to get through a maze or something trying to figure out what will work without setting off a binge....I hate it. What I do know is ketosis makes everything worse---so I just need to stay out of it. And EVERYTIME I get there I ultimately end up falling into a big ole tub of sugar in order to get out of it. I always think I can deal with it and I just need to hang in there but I can't. And I don't seem to have the ability to get out of it by eating healthy carbs---I just leap right into crap.

So with that I'm at a cross roads again with what to do to lose some weight. I seem to get into ketosis with anything below about 80 net carbs. Kinda limits my possibilities unless I want to do low fat---which I refuse. Cutting cals didn't do it. Cutting out sweets, starches, grains, etc. doesn't do it. I'm seriously amazed that I could spend a month (Oct) eating about 600 cals less a day---not lose weight---then go back to normal maintenance cals and not gain weight.....??? Seriously, how does that happen? Need to do some soul searching this weekend. Maybe I'm just going to have to settle for where I'm at and just make peace with it. I keep telling myself that it wouldn't be the end of the world. Although I am technically still a few lbs overweight based on all the height/weight stuff out there---it's gotta be better than a couple hundred lbs overweight, right?! But I think the thing that keeps me from settling is 1--I don't like to settle, feels kind of like a failure and 2--I have lots of cute clothes that are just a bit too snug right now! Ugggg.

OK, time to go face the day. Hopefully it's a good one for everyone!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Yay, Friday
And Good Morning to All:

DD for me today and so far so good! Lots of homework to keep my mind off of FOOD!

I love shopping too! I used to go with my mom and we had so much fun! We always were discount shoppers, and we recognized there are many levels of this type of shopping! We had the most fun when the discounts were the greatest and we called this "Bottom Fishing." In fact, we got it down to a science. We knew what weekends our favorite stores would offer such bargains and we would go in advanced to "scout it out."

Teresa: I use the thermometer thingy as a rough estimate. My temp never goes to normal before mid-day. At the start of the day and before thyroid meds, it's usually 97.8 and it goes down again before bed time. I think that's to be expected. I have a digital one, and I don't know how accurate it is.

Oh hair loss! When I went through so many changes (stress) at once, I lost so much hair. It came back in but I don't have much anyway! Thyroid problems, hormones, it all contributes. But for the adrenals, the hair loss is mostly on the arms and legs. Now, I'm not a hairy person, but I had NO hair on my arms before I got treatment. They were so smooth. After treatment, some came back in but not too much.

Oh the mysteries of weight loss! When the scale doesn't budge it can be so frustrating to know what to do. My husband, the engineer, says it's a matter of calories in versus calories out. We all know that that is simply NOT true. And that used to make me so mad when I was trying so hard to lose weight with limited results!

For me, I usually loose a few pounds at first and then it STOPS cold! This time I'm trying something a bit different based on last summer. I tried the hcg diet (nope, definitely not recommending it) but I did loose normally (15 pounds in 21 days)! So I thought the thing that was different (besides severe calorie restriction) was I ate so cleanly. So I am gonna try that in the coming weeks since I know my WL is gonna be slowing to a crawl. Plus, I'm gonna do the lemon thing too!

Teresa, I can understand your angst over WL. I wish I knew the perfect WL formula for you! But we are all different, and in the end we just muddle through the best we can!

I can say, though, that you have come so far and that is FANTASTIC! You don't have that much, if any, to loose, and you look perfectly lovely in the pictures you recently posted! So it just might be that you're not ready at this time to tackle the WL beast. We are all in this together!

Oh yea, I'm going for a health informatics degree and I plan on finishing next fall. Yea, it's a new field! It's all about supporting the patient's electronic health record. This road has been very slow cause as a Mom, I'm pretty limited on how many units I take. The medical industry is very big here and I think it offers the best bet for finding a job!

Liz: Great on your shopping scores! This seems to be a great time of year for it!

Great on being more social! It's a wonderful for self-validation. I always want to be more social myself, but so far I haven't been able to find the time!

Well, it's quiet in here today! Ladies, all of you have a great weekend!

----------------------------------
Lynn

~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~
LowCarbMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi everyone, I'm doing AWFUL with my food for several days now. I'm in the sugar big time. I'm going to get on the OA relapse and recovery phone meeting at 10pm tonight. I need your prayers guys please.
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi Everyone,just sitting here watching tv.Its cold here and raining.I will be glad when spring gets here,I don't like cold weather and my knees hurt so bad.But its a reminder why I got to stay on my way of life.I just don't think I can take this pain another winter.I just thank God for his mercy and his strength to make it.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Linda,

Lifting up a prayer for you now! May the good Lord give you strength and a calm heart during this challenging time!

With his hand in yours, you CAN get through this Linda! Blessings to you!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #307
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

At the office, trying to get caught up on stuff after a hectic week! Not complaining too much though cause everything I plan to work on today is pretty brainless---just time consuming. So getting it done now will make next week much more pleasant.

Lynn---omg, I have hardly any hair left on my legs! I really just thought that was an aging thing as well. I remember both my mom and Grandma having very little hair on their legs as they got older.....although now that I think about it they were probably much older than me. Hmmmm. I also have much less hair on my arms but it's not like my legs at all, just less and finer. Wow---how interesting! I'm really looking forward to talking more with my Dr about this. I am reading the sections in the Mood Cure that talk to adrenal and hormonal issues. Thinking I might try to address this with aminos---they have certainly been a miracle for me in other ways so can't hurt to try.

Yeah, this weight loss thing is really confusing me. Usually as long as I stay focused I don't have a huge problem losing at least something, but in Oct I didn't lose a single lb until after the month was over and I pigged out on a huge amount of pb and chocolate---then I lost a lb! My body is just becoming psycho on me. Still pretty much sticking to my high fat plan because I already have food bought/made/etc. but not exactly sure where I will go from here. I'm thinking once I get some downtime this weekend maybe I can start seeing things a bit more clearly.

So if you don't mind---will you tell me about your hcg experience? I have been 'studying' this crazy diet for 3-4 years now and I'm always very intrigued with peoples thoughts/results.

Linda--- So have you pinpointed what is going on? I hope the OA meeting gave you some answers and insights.

Winifred----it's COLD here too! Not sure if it's even 0 degrees yet this morning. I'm so so grateful we have had a mild winter but the flip side of it is that my body is not used to this cold and it's making me very unhappy!! Guess we just have to hang in there another month or two and spring will surely arrive!

We are missing lots of peeps----where did everyone else go?!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning and Happy Weekend!

Well, I will confess yesterday's DD didn't go too well. My weakness is in the evening after everything is done for the day! If I've had stress or if I see DD eating something yummy it is particularly hard to stay on track 100% So yes, I fell into some carbs yesterday evening and I enjoyed it! I just had to feed the need and I refuse to feel guilty

I plan to do better next time on Monday!

Winifred: My knees hurt at times too and the cold weather doesn't help! It's amazing how the pain radiates throughout the body not just localized at the knees! I heard this one time and I need to start doing this again. Write down the top motivations for losing weight! Then once a day, read them over, meditate on them and visualize success!

Linda: I hope you were able to renew your resolve and hop back on the train with us!

Teresa: I hope you can get to the bottom of things with your Dr. I had to do a round of perscriptions because my Adrenals were barely functioning and they first needed some support to get going again. I also think when things are "off" it makes it almost impossible to lose weight too!

My hcg experience: It wasn't bad or horrible just HARD! I bought the Intermountain homeopathic pellets at Netrition. It's important to make sure that what you buy actually has hcg in it.

Yes, the hcg does provide appetite suppression! I experienced some dull hunger especially right before losing a chunk but no real sharp hunger. I followed the plan except I didn't have the breadsticks and sometimes would replace those calories with more protein (egg white). It is severe though. There were times where I felt dizzy and weak. Also my blood sugar was going lower toward the end at 67 but that is NOT dangerously low.

I think it is dangerous for people to stay on it a LONG time (90 days). Yes, I got results but I prefer more of a plan I can stay with for the long haul and make it my lifestyle. Ultimately, if I can't find my way with what I trying here, then YES I will probably try another round when I'm off for the summer. BTW my weight loss also included the loading days so realistically it was probably only a 10-12 lb loss.

Does it reset your metabolism like it claims? Well, I don't know about that. Maybe if I got to goal this way I would be in a better position to make a claim. But I did get a nice supprise from it! Diabetes runs in my family big time. In fact, I'm the only one of the first cousins (on both sides of the family) that doesn't officially have it. It's a bad kind with amputations and blindness. Anyway, I monitor my BS and before the hcg diet my morning readings were 125-135. Yes, that's in the diabetic range. After the hcg diet something changed and now my morning readings are between 90 and 95 (even with carbs)! A big improvement! There have been some articles about how a very low calorie diet can reverse diabetes. I don't know the exact reasons but I am very happy about it! Of course everyone is different and YMMV.

I hope you get your work done early and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

That's it for me ladies, hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend.

Lynn

Old 02-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbMe View Post
Linda,

Lifting up a prayer for you now! May the good Lord give you strength and a calm heart during this challenging time!

With his hand in yours, you CAN get through this Linda! Blessings to you!
Thank you Lynn. I got out of bed this morning and fell to my knees and prayed for God to do for me what I cannot do for myself. I have to get a grip today. Like someone from OA said to me, every day we wake up on plan because we wake up without food in our mouth and it is a gift from God. We can choose to keep that gift or not. I have gained 20 lb. in the last few months and right now it is actually hindering my recovery because I'm retaining fluid, gaining weight and am more swollen than I should be at this point. My incisions are pulling and hurting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Good morning!
Linda--- So have you pinpointed what is going on? I hope the OA meeting gave you some answers and insights.
:
Hey Teresa, I haven't got any answers from my OA meetings but the main thing that I get is support and encouragement that with God's help I will get control again. Good question about pinpointing what's going on. I'll have to do a little soul searching and maybe even some writing about it today.

Hope everyone has a great day. It's cold here in Florida today, 40 degrees

My plan for today is to keep thing simple and go with food that works for me. I will have 3 meals with an optional snack if needed but they will be preplanned, weighed and measured, no winging it today. That always gets me in trouble. I will also preplan and prepare my food for the next 2 days that I have to go to work. That's another thing that messes me up is not being prepared.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Linda : I am so sorry you are having such a difficulty time right now. My prayers and well wishes are with you.

My eating was pretty good for my days off. I did end up giving into a small handful of the candy corn that my husband bought - and then I put the rest in the trash. I managed to avoid the Valentine's hard candy, cake, and bread that my husband brought home from work. I didn't get any exercise in, and this morning the scale showed a 1lb loss, but it has been fluctuating a few pounds up and down for the past week.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

Afternoon ladies

Lynn---thanks for sharing your HCG experience. If nothing else it enabled you to do low enough cals to impact your bs which is great!! I actually have some of the 'real' hcg---ordered it 3-4 years ago, but haven't done it. Not even sure if it's still good anymore. I read and read and read about the plan, all over the web. What I saw mostly was people with eating disorders using it---or people using it and developing eating disorders and in serious denial of what they were doing to themselves. I've come to think of it as hcg-ulimia. I think it's only a small population that is successful with it (which I would call you a success---you lost and kept off weight and haven't abused the stuff and ended up on a roller coaster ride like so many others) and since I would say I most definitely have a lot of e.d. characteristics and have developed issues with binge eating since starting lc---it's probably not a wise choice for me. But that said, I am still fascinated with it. I would love to really understand the science behind it and if there is really more to it beyond appetite suppression and limited calories.

Linda---so how has today gone? 40 degrees sounds pretty heavenily right now! Although I think we might be in the 30's and the sun is out so I can't complain too much.

Fonda---yay on the lb and yay on avoiding the junk that DH brought home. I can't remember if you said--does DH have a weight problem? It would be nice to get him on lc so you didn't have to deal with all of his junk laying around!

Lazy day today which I needed because I was exhausted from this week and weekend. Have a pot of pumpkin sausage soup and a pot of broc cheese soup on the stove---I'm in a soup mood! I'm going to take a stab at making spaghetti squash again tonight. I've tried it a couple of times since starting lc and I don't know if I just didn't cook it correctly or I just don't like it---but each time I have taken 1 bite and thrown it away. Hopefully that won't be the case this time. Eating plan for this week---back to pretty much my norm although I am going to keep the carbs a bit lower than usual (around 80-90 net) and my fat higher. I'm thinking if I can get good enough appetite suppression going on I could maybe do some calorie cycling. Nothing as extremem as JUDDD (yet) but at least be doing something.

This week I'm going to start working on financial arrangements/loans/etc. for my next surgery. I also have to make an appt with my ps for early March but I spoke with them the other day and they said that won't be a problem. If all goes well I'm going to try to schedule surgery for late March. I turn 45 April 3rd and thought it would be a nice gift to myself to get this done before then. My goal all along was to have everything done by the time I turned 45 but unfortunately there will still be at least 1 more round after this before I am through. Perhaps if I can come up with the funds I can get it all done before I turn 46.

Well, soups are just about done---time to go start working on desserts for the week. My favorite part!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa: Husband could stand to lose a few pounds. He has gotten a stomach over the years, probably all the coke he drinks! But he is comfortable with his weight and how he looks. We have been married 17 years and I think he has put on about 40-60 lbs. He used to play basketball with a group of guys when we lived in upstate NY, but six years later, living in KS, work schedule and busy schedule with the kids, he doesn't have the opportunity or the guys to play ball with. He and the kids like their pasta and sweets, but the kids don't normally ask for sweets if they aren't around.
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Thanks Lynn,I will write down and go over them everyday.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CALORIES 1566
CARBS 117
FAT 82
PROTEIN 106

Hi everyone, I'm hanging on but am really wanting to eat. I knew today would be tough with all the sugar in my system but I just have to bite the bullet and so NO to eating. Kitchen closed and I'll just go to bed early tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier.

Sorry for not doing personals. Have a good night.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Linda---hope you made it through the rest of the night!

Fonda---that's good that the kids don't ask for sweets if they aren't around. Now if you could just get DH to not bring them around! Oh well, I guess we all have to deal with it daily anyway, it would just be nice if you could get him to stash his junk somewhere else if he has to have it.

Winifred---hi, how are things going for you? Did you get over your cold/sore throat?

Lynn---well, no good results to report for last week but after 3 days of eating crap that is to be expected. 157.6 last Monday, 159.2 today. Actually pretty lucky since I gained about 5 lbs last week so I'll take the net gain of 1.6. Now this weeks focus is to get back down to where I was last week this yo yo thing is so not fun.

This weeks obstacles....V-day tomorrow and apparently we're having pies on Thursday. I can skip the pies no problem but holiday candy ....I'm going to have to be very vigilant tomorrow! Maybe I'll have to come up with a little reward if I avoid all the candy/sweets...I'm thinking maybe a glass of wine or a cocktail might be in order!

So where did everyone else go?? Liz, Vicki, Jen, Jaime, Laura and everyone else who's missing in action---check in time!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #316
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Good morning everyone. Sorry I've been MIA. After getting the bronchitis and working odd hours, it was really difficult for me to stick to my eating plan. However, I'm back on track.

The really good news is that DH is doing Atkins with me. YAY!
Indomitable Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick checkin from work. Teresa, I did make it through yesterday thank God. Day 2 hopefully will be a little easier. It's good that you are planning now for V-day at work. It's so not worth it to get into the sugar. It has been extra hard this time with so much sugar in my system to get back on track. Nothing tastes as good as being on plan feels.

everyone.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday Ladies!

Well, DD for me today and for breakfast I had 2 biscuits (high fiber) with SF honey all for 80 calories. The JUDDDERS really know how to come up with some tasty VERY low calorie foods!

Well up 2 pounds this morning for me! Saturday, to celebrate Valentines day, we went out for a wonderful steak dinner! Everything was perfect and I lost all resolve and had desert too! And with a 10 year old, it's really hard to keep all the valentine garbage out of the house (and out of my mouth!) But our Valentine celebration is now over, Yay!

Well, this week, I'm finally going to do something (try) that I should've been addressing all along. That is, eliminate the food from my diet that I've been tested sensitive too! So that means no diary w/ whey, wheat (bye-bye double fiber bread), egg yolk, almonds, tomato, and gasp, coffee.

Supposedly these foods setup inflammation in my body and make it harder to lose weight. Plus, they have been tested as just NOT healthy for me. So this experiment should finally help me decide if that is true or not!

As I started to feel sorry for myself, I started looking through my LC recipe books, and was happy to find MANY delicious things I can have! Plus, just recently there was a post for nondiary yogurt made with cashews and coconut. I've made cashew mayo and cream cheese before and it's VERY tasty. So trying not to feel restricted here!

Linda: I hope your day is starting off well and the sugar has left your system! I pray that you have a calm, on-program day. In the past you've demonstrated great resolve to stay on plan and I'm sure you can get to that place again!

Fonda: My husband has really packed on the pounds since we've been married, over 100 lbs. He is REALLY in bad shape. He has rejected all my encouragement for WL and eating plans. And yes, I have to deal with all the bags of chips, chocolate covered popcorn, and hostess wrappers lying around.

I've come to respect that everyone has the right to live their life as they choose, but I really hate to see it. And it does impact my life as well as DD. It makes me very sad.

Teresa: Great planning! Soup sounds terrific. This morning, we woke up to about half foot of snow! Happens here a couple times a year! How did your spaghetti squash turn out? I think it's OK but I'm not crazy about it! I've split it opened and baked in faced down in a water bath. I've also poked holes in it and nuked it in the microwave but it pretty much turns out the same (for me anyway)!

Sounds like you have a plan for this week and it sounds good to me! Anytime I have a plan I do much better than with NO plan. Planning for your surgeries may give you extra motivation!

And for your ladies MIA, we'd love to hear from you again! Have a great day everyone!

Lynn

Old 02-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies - just a quick check in - busy at work.

Still on plan, came in late today due to school having a two hour delay due to snow. We finally got some!!!!!yay! Just puts a kink in my schedule and trying to make up the two hours I missed!.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hi everybody

Sorry I've been MIA. I've had a horrible migraine for days. I was close to going to a doctor to beg for medicine and it started to subside. I'm pretty sure it is hormonal. I'm so thankful to be headache free today!

I'm trying to get caught up with running errands, cooking/cleaning and starting our taxes.

I'll try to get back later for personals. I hope everyone is doing well
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning and Happy Valentines Day

Amy----good to see you!! Glad to hear you are back on track and DH is doing it with you!!

Lynn---omg, that is a lot of things to get rid of!! So no dairy w/whey....I've never paid much attention to what is in dairy--does all dairy have whey? Can you do goats milk stuff? That seems to be becoming very popular in the health food places around here. And on wheat---have you tried sprouted? Lots of peeps w/wheat sensitivities seem to be able to use that. Personally---I love it! What kind of test did you have done to determine these sensitivities and was it something that your Dr did or did you have to go to a specialist?

I finally remembered to take my temp this morning. It wasn't until after I had been up for an hour or so but it was 98.1. I need to do some reading but I'm guessing that's kind of low...?

We got snow yesterday too but only maybe 3 inches or so.....unfortunately that was on top of the inches already on the ground so it definitely seems like winter now. I didn't end up making the spaghetti squash--I was really hungry that night and didn't want to mess with it if I wasn't going to like it! So I'll make it this week or weekend. I plan on making it with alfredo sauce so I bought some zuchs yesterday to have as back up in case I don't like it---because I love zoodles w/alfredo!

Fonda---yeah, with your already long days putting in 2 more hours would be difficult! I just noticed you are in the midwest as well. Have you guys also had an incredibly warm winter?

Liz---yuck on the migraines but I'm glad you are feeling better now!

V-day treats are going fine so far....of course it's still early. One person even brought in sf chocolates. I actually don't eat much in the way of sf stuff anymore but it was the thought that counts --and if I really start jonesin for chocolate then I will eat them. I got individual packs of peanuts for everyone and ended up with no leftovers....which is fine but I purposely got something I would eat in case there were leftovers and somehow I bought exactly enough. That never seems to happen when I get the crappy stuff.

TOM showed up yesterday....now I know why I was having intense choc/pb cravings this last weekend. Not that I don't always love it---but this was serious obsessive cravings. I probably need to figure out what my body is lacking right before TOM that creates that craving and find a way to diffuse that! Today I am crampy and feel like I have a hangover (no, haven't drank any wine yet ) but I dropped over a lb on the scale so now I'm back to where I started at last week. That makes me happy.

And one last thing on my plan to prevent holiday candy eating----I will stay out of stores that have holiday candy for the next several days. Worse than holiday candy for me is holiday candy on clearance!

Have a nice day ladies and if you have a 'honey' I hope you get a chance to do something special with him/her/them.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Well another quick drive by - really tired today. I was up until after midnight with my daughter who vomited two different time, two different beds. She was feeling better today and wanted to go to school because of V-day party, she is such a trooper when she wants to be. I am working until 930 or 10 tonight, so I will be really dragging later this afternoon.

On a better note, my husband and kids bought me a beautiful watch last night for V-day and we ate at Applebee's for a late dinner.

My eating has been good but I didn't get any walking in yesterday. The scale isn't moving but I am not going to let that derail me.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies

Yesterday was a DD and I didn't do too badly! I was really good until evening. After dinner I had had only 340 calories for the day! I thought I was going to make it but then I started feeling unsatisfied. So I had 100 calorie cheese wedge bringing up my alories to 440. I hadn't had of any fat for the day and I really seem to need a little with my evening meal.

BTW, I don't know if I could do this plan if I worked outside the home. Right now my classes are online and it's just me and my DD in the evenings until the weekends. Under this scenario, JUDDD is possible, when my schedule changes I dunno if this will work.

Teresa: Milk contains both whey and casein proteins. Whey proteins are found in the liquid portion of dairy products, while casein proteins are in the curd, or hard portion of milk used to make cheese. So I cannot have any milk or soft cheese (cottage cheese, cream cheese, and to a lesser degree, whole cream).

So that also leaves out whey protein powder. In it's place I use casein protein powder or whole plant protein powder. It's a pain but doable.

So in my life's journey, I wanted to find a progressive dr. when we moved here, Medford, Oregon like what I enjoyed in San Jose, CA. I looked up Drs profiles and one that stood out was this anti-aging Dr. She was the one that helped me with my adrenal issues and leaky-gut (all these were surprises to me). I had a blood panel done by Immuno Labratories to detect my food sensitivities. At that point, I didn't think I had any, I just kinda agreed to the test on a fluke.

The test returned sensitivities to 23 foods of varying degrees (almonds, milk cows & goats, and egg yolks being the most reactive). The process is to eliminate these foods and add them back in slowly. Before, I could not tell I was sensitive to food at all. Then when I would add one back in, yes there was a reaction in my body. Some sensitivities never clear up. I try to avoid these foods, but on lowcarb it's really hard to avoid whey. The foods you are sensitive too are suppose to be the ones that hinder your WL.

Since doing JUDDD, I thought why not go all the way on my WL journey. Try to do my very best. So that's it in a nut shell. Oh, and the leaky gut, it was caused by taking too much NSAID medications and the detectable symptom was acid reflux. Well, NO MORE acid reflux at all so I assume all the other issues have cleared up as well. Me very happy!

BTW, forgive me it that is just TMI about my medical history. I can drone on and on at times.

On your temperature, 98.1 doesn't seem too bad to me. The question is what does it do in mid-day!

GOOD for you for not falling into the V-day treats! For me if I SEE food, I EAT food. So I try to avoid being in foody situations and I know It's impossible at times! REWARD yourself, you're doing GREAT!!

Liz: So sorry about the migraines. I hope your feeling better today and you and hubby can enjoy V-day! I miss your posts!

Amy: Glad your over being sick! Wonderful news DH is going to do this journey with you! It will make it so much easier! Post often, it helps you stay on track!

And for the rest of you beautiful ladies, I hope you have a wonderful V-Day!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for all the encouragement.

DH is getting really into this. He's even helping with the cooking.

gtgmoving I'm glad you're not letting the scale deter you. You can do this.

Lynn That sounds so complicted with the food sensitivities. I don't know if I could be as disciplined as you are. Then again, lack of discipline is what got me into this over weight mess. lol DH has milk and egg sensitivities so we're having to get creative for breakfast. I'm a okay with eggs and bacon for breakfast but he can't have the eggs. Maybe he has whey issues as well? Hmnnn. Something to look into.

Teresa Zoodles w/ alfredo sauce is the bees knees. It's the only way I can get dh to eat zucchini.

Happy Valentine's day to you all. <3
Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is off to a got start with their WOE today! Yesterday, was an UD and I was experiencing some hunger! Well, I fed into the hunger and I realize that I should have probably not!

For me I can kinda make hunger stop, or distract myself if I do some exercise, even just something light. Some folks have said you should not give into it, and it's a way of your body telling you the WL is coming soon! On my WL attempts in the past, this has been true for me! I just have to remember not to feed it, but I suppose embrace it, some how.

So my question for all of you is how do you deal with HUNGER?

Anyway DD for me today! For these days, hunger is easier to deal with somehow. It's the UD where I can eat within a calorie range is the problem!

Well, off to hit the books, but I would like to know your thoughts on dealing with hunger!

Hope everyone is off enjoying the day!

~Lynn~
Old 02-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

Afternoon ladies! Can you believe we are about 1/2 way through Feb already???

Lynn---I don't deal well with hunger these days so I really try to eat the things and amounts that will sustain me. I do OK with 'beginning to get hungry' within an hour or so before it's time to eat.....but otherwise ME+HUNGER=BAD STUFF!! Even when trying to cut calories I've learned to stick with things that fill me up. Also--I can't snack or graze, that just sets off hunger. Hmmmm, what else..... Lots of water sometimes helps---but not usually. Hot tea sometimes helps---but again not if it's truly hunger. So really----I just try to avoid it! Not much help am I?! Really---that falls right into why losing these last lbs again is so difficult for me because so many things set off binges for me and I would rather be 10 or 20 lbs overweight than to deal with that---for me binging is a really really ugly thing...and hunger is one of many things that sets it off.

Interesting on the dairy info. Please don't ever worry about 'droning on' as you put it---I love to hear all that kind of stuff, it's how I learn and/or get curious about things so that I look into them more! I think I am very blessed to not have any dairy issues although whey protein powder does not agree with me---and I'm OK with that as it tastes gross IMO and honestly I just tend to think it's not that healthy anyway. I'd love to have food sensitivity testing done! Not sure if my Dr would do that or not but I suspect unless I had some very serious complaints insurance wouldn't cover it. I'll check with her anyway and just see what she has to say. I've already figured out a few things I'm sensitive to but I suspect there might be others.

Fonda---I hope DD is feeling better. Yuck on having to clean up the mess though. What a wonderful and thoughtful V-day gift from the family!

Amy---wow, can I borrow DH and have him come cook for me?! Glad you are both doing well!

Busy busy day today and tomorrow. But the day is half over so I suppose I will make it through. I did not eat any V-day candy or goodies yesterday and have successfully avoided them so far today as well.

Just about meeting time again---have a good day ladies...and check in please!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #327
Junior LCF Member

Checking in.

Today has been a good day. I've stayed on plan. The kids had pizza for dinner. DH and I had pizza burgers. Not as good as the real thing (really, what is)but good enough.

Lynn For me, I keep a bowl of hard boiled eggs in my fridge. It's a great go to snack and helps to curb the hunger. Although, I can see that getting old pretty quick.

What is UD and DD?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning ladies! It's Thursday!! Going to have to put some time in at the office this weekend but it's just the rest of the 'mindless but time consuming' stuff that I worked on last weekend so no biggie.

Amy---yay on another day on plan! Have you tried out any of the lc pizza's? There are several that people rave about you might want to try out in case the pizza urge hits ya one of these days!

Lynn---I took my temp when I got home last night and it was 98.1 again. This weekend I'll try to remember to do it a couple of times during the day and see what it comes up to. I'm almost always a bit on the cold side so I don't know if I ever get up to an optimal temp but I'll see. I've been taking a lot of hot baths at night lately just trying to get rid of the 'cold to the bones' kind of feeling.

I am happy to report that I have not indulged in any of the holiday goodies that are still floating around. There's even a basket of chocolates on my desk and they aren't at all tempting. It's weird how desire/urge/whatever comes and goes. I do suspect it has a lot to do with hormones for me....the week before TOM is really horrible but sadly I don't always identify that as the problem until it's too late. Anyway, as quick as everyone is gobbling up all the chocolate I suspect it will be gone before the desire hits me again. Actually if it's not gone by tomorrow I will be moving it to another location---just in case.

Have a nice day ladies---it's almost the weekend!!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone,
I'm doing very good staying on plan. I went out for a walk also yesterday and today. It was great. Today I went for a walk on the beach and it was marvelous!

Teresa, good job staying away from the goodies, yay for you.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Hi All and Good evening!

Well, after today I'm gonna say BYE-BYE JUDDD! I made it through yesterday's DD but it was hard! Today, though I became ravenous almost uncontrollable and me bad! I think I just got too hungry yesterday and it hit hard today! At first on JUDDD, I felt really good on DDs but lately not so much~tired and drained.

I'm fine and calm now but those monsters must go back in their cage. For the rest of the week, my plan is to get plenty of water, detox, and concentrate on clean, healthy satisfying food! No more deprivation and starvation! Yay!

Teresa: Great determination for resisting all tat V-Day candy! You rock!

My temperature goes down in the evening into the low 98.x too. But even my DD temperature lowers in the evening! I have felt cold when the temperature outside is 100+ degrees so you're in good company! Being hypo is a real bummer!

Amy: Great tip about the eggs! I agree they are very satisfying. Well, I WAS doing a program called JUDDD. And it was calorie cycling and somewhat intermittant fasting. On the UD you could eat a normal amount and on the DD you were suppose to eat 500 or less. I did well the first month, but today I just threw in the towel. I will go back to doing a moderate carb plan. It just wasn't for me!

If you google Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes, you will find a wonderul site containing many GREAT and favorite recipes. There is a deep dish pizza that people rave about. I bet your whole family could enjoy that one! BTW, if you already know this, please ignore.

Linda: I'm so glad that you've been staying on plan! And good to hear from you! Your walk on the beach sounds totally awesome, I'm jealous as it's been freezing here most of the day!

Well, Ladies I plan for a calm, and satisfying day tomorrow and I'm NOT going to let this slip derail me!

Everyone, have a relaxing evening!

~Lynn~