LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. You guys suck. And here's why:

I was going to come in here with my head hung low, and tell you all how I screwed the pooch royally Saturday night, I ended up drinking alcolhol, and eating bad bad food, and I'm up 10lbs. Well, that in conjunction with not drinking much fluids this weekend, yeah, 10lbs.

And then I read Laura's post about eating off plan and saying, just right back on today, no big deal! And then I was going to give the speech about it's just one day, blah blah blah, but then i needed the speech, so I'm not going to sit here in self pitty.

I'll get it off fast. I'll go to step class tonight. I'll drink my water. And it will be fine.

That's why I love you guys so much. And I need this group. I really have to find a way to be done with alcohol. I think it acts as carbs in my body and contributes to the temp. weight gain. It's vodka and diet soda so it has no carbs, but I think it acts that way in my body. I've just been struggling so much lately with my moods, my emotions, my relationship, it's just such an easy out. But anything worth having isn't easy, right? I will try to do better this week. I just hope things with the bf smooth out. That crap effects me way too much.

Way to go Nikki on the loss!

Abber your menu sounds delicious.

Aweighs (Hey can you tell me your name? you might have mentioned it before but I didn't see it, I don't like calling you "aweighs" Lol. )-yeah the miracle rice is awesome. I made "fried rice" this weekend and I know the soy sauce didn't help my water issues either. I have pictures of it I'll post soon.

Step class tonight, step class tonight, step class tonight....I will do it.

I don't know about Body Combat tomorrow, though. That class about killed me. That sounds like an excuse though. We will see how I feel tomorrow.

Menu today:
B-coffee/sweet n low/I think I'll have some shiratake with like hot sauce or something
L-Ummmmm, 2 eggs, 1 jenni-o turkey frank?
D-shiratake with butter/parm/turkey bacon?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AWEIGHSTOGO
Stats: 301
WOE: Low Carb or No Carb
Start Date: NEW START 12/11, another new start 08/09/12
Thanks Michelle!! Everyone my name is Karen and I have AWEIGHSTOGO. Michelle - can't wait to see what the fried rice looks like. I'm not eating as much pork rinds as I had but when i do i take pork rinds place on a plate w/melted butter and splenda/cinnamon sprinkled on top zapped in microwave @ 15-20 sec. tasted yummy.

Last edited by AWEIGHSTOGO; 02-06-2012 at 10:27 AM..
Old 02-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Michelle, keep your chin up and keep on truckin'. I hope things work out for you and your BF... but right now just worry about taking care YOU. And girl get your booty to Body Combat, you can do it!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
Hi-
Abbs you are doing great with your eating! KUTGW!

Nikki-congrats on the loss and the exercise WOOHOO!

Michelle-hang in there girlfriend! Yes, alcohol acts as a carb-your body turns it into sugar which can explain any weight gain. At the Residential treatment facility and AA meetings that I take some patients to I learned a lot of scary and interesting facts. I learned that many recovering alcoholics start eating sugar-candy especially- because their body misses all the sugar it used to get when they were drinking heavily. It is one reason why many recovering alcoholics get a "sweet tooth" that they never had before and also why they gain weight-the body drives them to eat sugar and they are just as addicted and a carb-aholic as they are an alcoholic-but eating sugar/carbs is acceptable. I have seen people eat bags and bags of candy-I mean like 1-2 pound bags of candy like M&Ms or bags of candy bars just sitting through the AA meeting! I would be in a sugar coma at the end of one of those bags of candy if it was me with my diabetes but they just merrily munch the whole bag and keep going like it was nothing and then often look for something more to eat later!! (the sugar just keeps triggering and cascading hunger/eating behavior) It also explains why even though their nutrition is terrible many of them could get by with just having a lot of alcohol and not much food-the alcohol was turning into sugar/fuel for the body (many go on prenatal vitamins when they come to the treatment program because they have a lot of vitamin deficiencies.) Yes, you can get the weight off fast! You can do this! Keep drinking water, exercising and get back on the LC wagon! Btw, if you want to talk about the relationship and any other issues, I'm here for ya-PM me! *hug*

Karen-your pork rinds sound yummy! *drool* KUTGW! I have to be careful about the amount of salt I eat and when I open a bag of pork rinds..I usually finish them...no such thing as having just a couple... *crunch* Just LOVE the crunchiness of them!

Been doing well today and staying on track. Even had a protein shake to help me stay on plan and get my protein in...

have a great day!

--Laura
Old 02-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #215
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennytang
Stats: 212/169/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 2012
Hi ladies -

Do you have room for another friend on this group? I started by WL journey on January 4th and have lost 14 pounds so far. I have about 60 more pounds to go. You all sound so supportive and non-judgemental. I just need some people in my life that understand the challenges of losing weight and keeping it off.

Thanks,

Jenny
Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Jenny. Of course we have room, we would love some new company. You have done fantastic so far!

Thank you so much Laura. I figured as much about the alcohol. I really didn't even feel like it Saturday night, I just did it. Alcohol has been a real struggle for me. That's probably why I'm not at goal. It's hard to admit that, but there's really no point in keeping it a secret. I'm so much better than I used to be, only once a week or once every few weeks, but it just makes me sad, derails my progress, and makes me feel bad. IDK.

I'm trying to be positive today. Trying to work through it. I know tomorrow will be better, I hope. I'm going to the gym today. I'm not thinking about it, just going through the motions and going.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Jenny! I look forward to getting to know you.

Michelle, sorry your having a hard time right now. Maybe you will feel better after you get in your workout.

My menu for today

B- 1 c of cheerios and 1 c of skim milk
S- banana
L- chicken lean pocket
S- yogurt and an orange
Supper- I don't know yet. I'm going to ladies night at the church and will be eating there. Hopefully there will be something that wont cost me too many points.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oct2667us
Stats: 290/290/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: re start 1/6/2014
ughh kinda a bad day not with food fells like pms..
Old 02-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abberdoodle
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
Welcome Jenny!

Today-
B- atkins peanut butter crisp protein bar, iced cafe americano w/HWC and splenda
L- leftover chicken soup!
D- Linda's Tuna Patties topped with a little Reduced Sugar ketchup. Tasty!
S- peanuts
Total cals: 1506, 29 net carbs

Stay strong ladies, eyes on the prize.

Last edited by Abberdoodle; 02-06-2012 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: :)
Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Hi-
Welcome Jenny! We'd love to have you journey with us! We like to get to know folks so post often and please tell us about yourself!

Melinda-Hang in there and ugh! I hate when PMS hits and then TOM follows it up. Hope you feel better soon

Michelle-sometimes going through the motions is what it takes and ya gotta fake it til ya make it-which is SOOOOOO much easier said than done. Hope you stayed on track and went to work out. I always feel better after a workout even though it is like I fight going to the gym/workout and act like my cat at the vet-resisting and like I have to pry myself out of the dorr like I have to pry him out of the cat carrier when he spreads his back legs and paws to make him too wide to lift out easily. Silly kitty and silly me! *L* I'm glad you're better than before-it is SO SO hard to break coping mechanisms and habits -especially the harmful ones that served us well for so long but you CAN do it and substitute in healthier ways. I believe in you! *hug*

Nikki and abbs-woohoo! great going on the menus.

Nikki-hope your church get together has yummy points-allowable food for ya!

June, Diane, Karen, HT, Ivy/Ivette, JuJeubee, Raqoon/Raquel, Cathy-we miss ya-post and let us know what is going on/happening with ya, please!

I'm tired and a nervous mess.... got set up for a blind date tomorrow with a cousin of one of my closest friends... Not too sure things are going to go well and I'm wracked with hesitation-we spoke tonight and he was talking and talking and kept name dropping as well as mentioning the skinny, athletic, well connected women he's dated and how he used to be a football player and very muscular...I felt intimidated and like geez..what will he see in me...he did mention that he uses a cane and has since 1979... and name dropped more about doctors for sports figures and how he dated this runner who had been on the cover of running fitness magazine twice and was roommates with Tommy LaSorta's Niece and blah blah blah.... my friend mentioned it was hard to get ina word edgewise and she was right so then I mentioned that I'm a BBW (big beautiful woman) and he got quiet..and then didn't say anything... *sigh* then he mentioned if he gets to town "too early" for lunch we could just meet for coffee and conversation..sounds like he is already having second thoughts I haven't even met him and I took an ego/self esteem hit... ugh! He mentioned he wasn't sure why his cousin wanted us to meet and how he had taken himself off the internet dating sites etc.... now I'm not sure I want to meet him and then I tell myself there's nothing wrong with making a new friend...but stilll it hurt when he got quiet and didn't say anything even remotely reassuring....makes me wish I hadn't said anything at all......apparently he's a car buff and did motorcross (said he knocked out some teeth when he was younger) and I keep thinking ok so he's thin, past middle aged (he's 55), toothless, never been married but was engaged 3 times so I wonder what is the issue and he has a cane so what am I worried about...(I'm sure he got some dental work done) but the scary, unsure, inadequate-feeling fat person in me is just TERRIFIED now about meeting him, about what to wear...about still being so fat...etc. can anyone relate? anyone got any advice?

-Laura
Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Laura, I don't know what to say. He doesn't sound like a prize or anything. if you told him you're overweight and he said NOTHING, thats probably not good. I guess he could just be socially awkward, though. Like maybe he doesn't know how to behave politely in conversation. he definitley seems like he has low self-esteem, that's why he was doing all the name dropping. Phone conversations can be tricky. If nothing else, you could go meet him for a cup of coffee, and if after ten minutes you think he's a jerk, you can say you have to be somewhere and bail. You should definitely not settle for anything less than you deserve. you deserve someone who will love you for the person you are inside. <3
Old 02-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Oooooh Laura. I will post much more in the morning, but he sounds like a complete insecure tool. And 55& never married ll, thats a huge red flag .
Old 02-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Abbs and Michelle.... I just didn't get a good feeling about him..and I noticed he didn't really ask me about myself..he just made some assumptions like my friend told him I was married to an Italian and am going through a long tough divorce and he mentioned that he was a christian but not a catholic and not interested in converting and I said Good, no worries there because I'm not catholic either!... I guess I'll see if he's a narcissist who goes on and on about himself and doesn't ask me about myself or let me get any conversation in because he's busy yapping on and on because it IS all about him...*L*

Abbs-you make some good points about him possibly being socially awkward and not knowing how to have polite conversation as well as his insecurity and why he felt the need to name drop. I find name dropping quite a turn off, actually so he didn't impress me ina good way with that.

Michelle-I await your insight and long post...

thanks again gals..I think I'm going to hit the hay... good night

--Laura
Old 02-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BuffetLover
Stats: 198/191/155
WOE: Trying To Eat Less Food
I'm about a month late in the year joining lowcarb but I'm going to start planning my meals and maybe go shopping this weekend. I'm hoping to start walking this week also. I'm ready to start eating healthy and start exercising but I want to take it slow in the beginning. I put a before picture somewhere around here to help me see if I make progress.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #225
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BuffetLover
Stats: 198/191/155
WOE: Trying To Eat Less Food
Encouraging Words That Help ?

I feel the same as Jenny. I need a support group. I have a friend that asked me "why do you need someone to tell you what to do?" Could some of you give an example of what Encouraging Words from others help you? Thanks

QUOTE=jennytang;15393664]Hi ladies -

Do you have room for another friend on this group? I started by WL journey on January 4th and have lost 14 pounds so far. I have about 60 more pounds to go. You all sound so supportive and non-judgemental. I just need some people in my life that understand the challenges of losing weight and keeping it off.

Thanks,

Jenny[/QUOTE]
Old 02-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies! I don't have a lot of time this morning, I have to get to work. But I wanted to say welcome to the new peeps. When you get a chance tell us about yourslef.

Laura, weither you deside to meet this man or not don't let him make you feel bad about yourself. Just because he use to play spots that doesn't mean he is fit now. Him telling you all that shows that he is insecure.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #227
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for being so welcoming, ladies. You all seem like such a great group.

Just to let you know a little bit about me...I am married and the mom of three beautiful children (11 year old boy, 8 year old girl and 3 year old girl). I work from home most of the time but travel one to two times a month.

I have been struggling with weight my whole life. Tried all the diets. THe only one that worked was Atkins and that was about 8 years ago after my father died. I lost 40 pounds and gained it all back and then some.

I started the Medi Weight Loss Program on 1/4/2012 and have lost 13 pounds so far.

@Laura - I know I don't know you very well but this blind date sounds like a total loser. A guy who talks non-stop about himself is either a total ego maniac or the exact opposite and has zero self esteem and feels the needs to go on and on about himself because he feels inadequate. Either way, you don't need that! I guess coffee couldn't hurt but from the sound of it, you deserve better than him. I can certainly understand your nervousness and hesitation...especially if you think he's judging you because of your weight. Just be yourself and if he's too shallow to appreciate you...move on!

HOpe you don't mind my two cents. Keep us posted on the date!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jenny
Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myluvbugg
Stats: 359.4/313.5/200
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/13/10 (starting again, and again), 11/2/11 agai
Just my two cents but I have learned to trust my instincts/feelings, whatever you want to call them and when a guy sounds like he is not for you on the phone - HE ISN"T - don't feel bad about breaking the date - your emotional health is way too important. Don't put yourself in situations where you will feel bad, you will just sabotage yourself.
If you do go out with him, hope I am wrong, and you have an amazing time!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Back down to 239.8. Come on water, go away! I did go to step class last night, and I'm (reluctantly) going to Body Combat tonight, just cuz Nikki pushed me

Also, I know you guys don't really drink, but I'm going to start a no alcohol challenge in the challenge section because I need some serious support in that department. It's making me sad and not able to deal properly with everything that's going on. If yall wanna join I would love to see ya there.

My menu today:
B-coffee/sweet n low/If I get hungry, miracle rice with cinnamon, almond milk, butter spray, sweetener
L-miracle rice w/turkey bacon and parmesan cheese
S-before workout, if needed, tuna w/mayo or miracle rice in Indian Tikka (sp?) sauce
D-Miracle noodles with turkey bacon, parm, butter, olives.

Ok Laura, my thoughts. My thoughts are he is very insecure about himself, and your friend telling him you are overweight gave him a reason to feel less insecure about himself, thus all the talking about himself and not giving you the proper attention. Lets see, 55, no teeth, walk with a cane, never married????????????????????? Yeah, sounds like a winner there Just because he USED to be an athlete, and used to date certain women, what happened with that buddy? There's a reason you USED to date these people and are still single at 55. He's no good, and I think he's trying to intimidate you. But you wanna know what I think you should do?
I think you should go, meet him for coffee, dinner, whatever. Get a nice outfit. Do your hair, put make up on. And walk in that muther chucker with the most confidence he's ever seen. Not to impress him. To make yourself feel good. Enjoy a day/night out of the house, interacting with someone else, and find out for yourself what a jerk he is, or not. Don't go with the mind set you are trying to find a relationship or this is a date, go with the mind set that you are just meeting a new person and having coffee. Show him you are independent, and happy with your life and you aren't looking for someone. (I mean dont say that but don't push the issue or bring it up). Just act like you are doing your cousin a favor to her by meeting him. Have a good time. Report back to us

Seriously, I don't think you should back out. Being as overweight as we were, we avoided situations like that and have been anti-social for too long, and we have to start getting out there and trying to realize we are changing. We have to change our behavior as well.

Welcome Jenny, Buffet, & Myluvbug. I hope you find the support here you are looking for.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Shoot, 2 new Jenny's, I didn't notice that. I'll call one of you JennyT, and the other JennyB(buffetlover) if that's ok to clarify.

JennyB-I need this group because they help me stay accountable, and stay on track or get back on track when I fall off. They don't judge me and they understand my struggles. It's not telling you what to do, it's encouraging you when you are down and don't want to go on. It's understanding they are going through similar things in life and knowing you aren't going it alone helps a lot. They have become my friends. We've been together almost 3 years. No different that having a friend IRL go to the gym with you and push you. Tell your friend to suck it and mind their business. (Yes, that's the type of person I am, you will learn that very soon lol).
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Hi-

Welcome Buffet lover! You can do this and best wishes on your journey!
I don't think we're a group that tells you what to do but rather a group that gives support and encouragement as you make choices to help yourself on the journey you've decided to undertake because we're all walking a similar path-so we can share our challenges and triumphs. You have folks here who will understand what you're going through because we've been there too. It is like a flock of geese migrating-they form a V so they get lift and draft off the one in front to help make the effort a little easier-they give each other help with the hard work of flying so far to a similar place and they give each other little honks of encouragement as they travel. Some encouraging words I heard in a quote by Mary Pickford were: "Failure isn't falling down but staying down." and also I heard not too long ago where someone was talking about trying to reach their goals and they stated that we don't have to be perfect, we just have to strive for excellence. As long as you do something each day towards doing the right things to keep you on track more than the things that will derail you, you've made progress and that day is a success!

Nikki, Jenny and MyLuvBug-thanks for the advice and I agree with you both.

Hope everyone has a great day!

--Laura
Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-
Thanks for the advice and I agree! Already had my hair and make up done when I wrote my post at the same time you did yours! *L* Now I just need to find a good outfit.

I also agree with what you wrote to Jenny B.-you said it better than I did!

I'm off for my lunch date (he just called and we agreed on a local seafood place and he asked more about me and was humorous and charming... still gonna take Michelle's and eveyone else's advice though and just see how it goes..)

--Laura
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AWEIGHSTOGO
Stats: 301
WOE: Low Carb or No Carb
Start Date: NEW START 12/11, another new start 08/09/12
HOPE ALL IS DOING OK!!!!
Jenny T & Jenny B- You will really like it here. These girls all I have good ideas.
Michelle: I think it's great that you all have been posting and supporting each other for 3 yrs. I did not know that.

Laura: If that is your picture you have on as your avatar, GIRL YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. I agree with the rest of the girls. You have nothing to prove.

Abbs & Nikki: Looks to me you guys are doing great
June & Hott: Where are you. Hope all is well

I weighed this a.m. Wt 286# Still watching the salt. Will only eat pork rinds twice a week w/melted butter, splenda & cinnamon-to me it taste just like the cinnamon crips from Taco Bell & only what I can put on a dinner plate & not stacked up.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Ooooh Karen, You are going to hate me with this pork rind situation lol. I made LC puppy chow with it from a recipe Nikki had from a high carb version.

Low Carbin' Made Simple: LC Puppy Chow

"

I just made some LC puppy chow from a basic recipe my friend, Nikkiluvslowcarb, told us about in our support group. It seems like everyone is eating this around the holidays so why should we be left out? I'm sorry if someone has posted a recipe similar to this, but here's my version of it if anyone is interested:

I just used 1 whole large bag of pork rinds and the mixture covered it quite nicely. I used:

1/2 cup Smuckers all natural, no sugar added peanut butter
3tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 stick butter
sweetner to taste (in the mixture not coated), I used about 2tsp liquid sweet and low
1 large bag regular flavor pork rinds.

granular splenda

Melt the PB, cocoa, coconut oil, butter, and sweetner together, mix well, spread pork rinds out in thin layer and cover with mixture. I did go ahead and dust it in granular splenda because it needed the extra sweetness, especially having chocolate and needing 2 diff. sweetners so its not bitter. I don't see why non low carbers would need to use cereal and not pork rinds I just sprinkled the splenda over it, in regular puppy chow you put powdered sugar into a paper bag and put the mixture into it and shake until everything is coated, I didn't to lower carbs and because it really didn't need much.

Ok, with my ingredients (IE the liquid sweet and low and brand of peanut butter I used) I'm calculating the nutrition facts should be around:

Total batch: Cal:3132, Fat:246.2, Carb:36

Per 1/6th recipe: Cal:522, Fat:41.03, Carb:6
Per 1/8th recipe: Cal:391.5, Fat: 30.78, Carb:4.5
Per 1/10th recipe: Cal:313.2, Fat: 24.62, Carb:3.6

Sorry I don't do net carbs so I don't have that count. They would be a lot lower though if you do net.

I said 1 bag of pork rinds was about 8 cups, I'm estimating there, but that wouldn't increase the carb count anyways. It makes a pretty big batch and you could easily get 8-10 servings. "

There are pictures in the link.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oct2667us
Stats: 290/290/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: re start 1/6/2014
Hi am all new.
I am having a ok day. food is good just still feel lazy. Hope soon to feel better soon.

good luck on your date Laura, have fun
Old 02-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Laura - you go girl

Today for me:
B- 2 fried eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, iced coffee w/splenda + cream
L- protein shake w/peanut butter, more coffee and cream
S- pepperoni and cheese
D- leftover chicken soup.
Total cals: 1423. 28 net carbs.

I'm really into the pepperoni and cheese thing lately. I melt them in the microwave and it's so tasty, like eating pizza. Sometimes I add crushed red pepper and/or italian seasoning. If you eat 2 oz. mozzerella cheese and 16 pepperoni slices it is 300 calories and 2 carbs.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Hi-

Yep, that's me and my cat in my avi.

Well...I went to meet him and...he just was NOT all that! He still talked about himself then talked about other guys he could introduce me to and then mentioned he doesn't date women who aren't unencumbered/uninvolved (i.e. that would be me trying to get divorced). Anyway, he didn't impress me-no sparks and he was chatting up the bartender/server right in front of me and left her a $10 cash tip for the $18 bill-guess he was trying to impress her. He did buy lunch but after his behavior it was the least he could do. He chose to sit at the bar and made sure there was a chair/bar stool between us. He never turned to face me during lunch but did follow the bartender and name dropped and yapped about himself constantly. Guess it is a good thing I didn't feel any spark or attraction. It is difficult to explain but he just looked like someone's dad and he seemed so old. I guess I can't wrap my head around seeing middle aged men who look and walk/act old and without any energy. He yapped about his work and then kinda insulted me and tried to one up me about everything-his security clearance, his work is super technical and I probably wouldn't understand what he was talking about, he knows cars and has helped guys learn about them but not too many girls since most of them have no clue about what is going on under the hood anyway...etc. I just wasn't feeling it or him.... oh well...time to release this fish and see what else is out there. I feel good because I went and tried this out and found out that nope, this guy was a bad match so let's see who might come along that will be better for me! *crossing fingers, hoping and praying*

Thanks again for the support everyone!

Congrats to those eating well and exercising and *hugs* to those struggling to hang in there!

**HUGS**

--laura

Last edited by pescacat; 02-07-2012 at 07:49 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #238
Junior LCF Member

Morning everyone!

Laura - I'm so glad that you went...you put yourself out there which is always good. He sounded like a total tool anyway so no loss for you - his loss.

I have my 5th week weigh-in today at Medi Weight Loss. I'm a little discouraged. I feel like I had a strange week - I ran out of my vitamin supplements mid-week, I've been hungrier than normal and I did go out on Saturday with some friends and had a glass of wine. I know it's not a big deal and i really didn't go off plan that much but it is more than I have since I started in the beginning of January.

I will post back my progress when I get home later today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jenny T
Old 02-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies!

Laura, he sounds like a jerk. There is someone better out there for you.

Jennytang, good luck at your weigh in today. Let us know how it goes.

I'm off work today. About to head out the door to step class. Tonight I'm having a Valentine's Day party for my Bible Kidet's (I teach 1st-6th grade on Wed nights). The kids are so excited!

Have a great day ladies. I'll check back in later.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Laura, let me just say I'm so proud of you for going, and so proud you didn't let him get to you. He sounds like a tool. And honey, why are you trying to date a 55 year old man? (how old are you btw, I know your not near 55 lol). The point is you went. You went and you were confident. I'm so proud.

Good luck at your weigh in JennyT!

Have fun Nikki! I've got a step class tonight as well.

I went to body combat last night... It took everything I had in my body, every ounce of will power to make myself go. I had to entice myself with two double cheeseburgers from burger king, sans bun of course. I had 0 energy. Well I went, pushed it, really enjoyed myself, then got sick at the end, finished the class, went home and threw up my double cheeseburgers. Note to self. Do not eat something heavy directly before class. Note to self, make sure I get some calories and protein in a few hours before I go to class again. Last night was the most zeroist will power I had to go. But I did.
Well, I woke up in the middle of the night to my knee killing me. Not even my bad knee! Apparently I pulled something, But I still plan on going to my step class tonight. I took some Aleve this morning, I will go soak it in the hot tub before class, and if need be, my boyfriend told me to get one of those Icy Hot knee sleeves or something like that. My knee isn't going to be an excuse not to go.

And down to 236.4 this morning, after eating a bit too much yesterday. But Im' still trying to get this eating thing in conjunction with working out down. So today I'm going to try to eat a bit more throughout the day. See how that goes. Point is, I was at 243 on monday lol

Well, as soon as I figure out my full menu for today, I'll come post it. Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread