Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
We are back home. Everything went well and he was feeling good right after he woke up. He's back to business as usual. The dr. said the surgery went beautifully. Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abberdoodle
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
Glad everything went so well for the BF Michelle!

B- fried eggs with cheese, bacon, coffee and cream
D-olive garden salad, no croutons. Salmon and broccoli
S- almonds, 3 squares of 90%cocoa dark chocolate
Old 01-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.6/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean flair
Start Date: NOW!!! Restart date: 1/12/2014
Room for One More??

Hope you have room for one more. It is important that I get healthy this year. Since May, my health was conpromised by my job. I lieterally worked in a sick building and my health paid for it. I have been trying to get asthma under control (just diagnosed in Mayt after I could not get rid of a persisten cough from March to May). Dr. placed me on blood pressure medicine that if I lose weight, I can get these meds. My first grandbaby is coming in May and I want to be healthy to spend time like a vibrant grandmom should be. First week back at this and I am down 7.6 lbs. I need all the help I can get. I take one day at a time. I know I will get all the support that I need here.

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
Old 01-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
Hi-

Welcome Raqoon and Cathy! It is good to have you here.

Raqoon, what is your question? We are not a challenge group which is where people have a goal and a date to meet it by and then the thread is done but we are a small group of folks who are extremely supportive. Our thread doesn't move super fast/have gobs of posts each day which I like because I can't keep up with pages and pages of posts per day like some other groups do. These folks are super and we are all doing different things to try to get healthy-hope you decide to journey with us!

Cathy-your goals and reasons sound wonderful. Hope you are not still in the sick building.

Michelle-glad the surgery went well for your BF. How are you?

Nikki-how are things going? I saw a king cake and thought if you. I just don't think I could work around buttercream icing, cake and pastries all day like you do and not fall off the wagon every day!

HT-hope you are healing better and hang in there!

June-missing you and hoping your pain is less and that you are doing well. *hugs*

Abbs-you are doing so well and I love egg bakes too but it takes me so long to eat the whole thing since I'm by myself that it gets kinda yucky and turns me off. I need to get a smaller bowl or something to cook them in as well as figure out how to get the recipe down to the smaller size bowl once I figure out what to use. Any suggestions/ideas? An 8 inch pie plate is just too big and lasts me over a week and the way the eggs get kinda slimy just grosses me out after about day 3..

Diane-miss ya and hope all is well. What's new?

I've been bouncing up and down the same 4 pounds and then TOM hit-UGH! Hoping that the upside will be getting rid of the 4 pounds when TOM is over. Have to do better with my eating too. Wonder if it something about this time of year... had to weigh in at the gym on Thursday and the scale said 290.0 hoping TOM and any bloat are gone by next Thursday...I was really hoping to get out of the 280's by the end of the month. The accountability with the trainers is good but stressful too and I was so ashamed to have gained ...

--Laura
Old 01-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Raqoon
Stats: 318/296 /I'll know when I get there
WOE: Primal Low Carb
Start Date: Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for the clarification Laura! I had an idea that this group was just as you said, but I called it a challenge group because I'm still learning all the names/abbreviations and other special lingo for different things. I like a slower, more personal group myself. Thanks for the nice welcome!

RaQoon
Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Raqoon
Stats: 318/296 /I'll know when I get there
WOE: Primal Low Carb
Start Date: Dec 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescacat View Post
I was really hoping to get out of the 280's by the end of the month. The accountability with the trainers is good but stressful too and I was so ashamed to have gained ...

Laura, I know it's so frustrating when weight bounces up and down, but I just wanted to say that your loss is really amazing to me! You've lost like 40 lbs in three months! I was calculating/projecting last night for myself and thought I'd be lucky to drop that much in about six months.

Way to go!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

B- leftover chicken soup, drizzled a beaten egg into it
L- snacked on pork rinds and some nuts
D- chili! w/sour cream and cheese <3

Pesca - I'm not sure about using a smaller pan to bake your eggs... I make a whole 13x9 pan and me and DH eat the whole thing in like 3 days.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AWEIGHSTOGO
Stats: 301
WOE: Low Carb or No Carb
Start Date: NEW START 12/11, another new start 08/09/12
Hey everyone, haven't posted in awhile. Kinda been under the weather. I usually get on the computer at work during my lunch break, but here lately that been impossible.
Michelle- Glad to hear your bf is ok. I feel he's very lucky to have you in his corner.
Abbs- Can't wait to try the baked eggs, I love to make omelettes in a pyrex dish. Saute my ham pieces, veggies- mushrooms, onions & gr. pepper place in a dish, beat my eggs and add hwc/chedder cheese pour over veggies & bake delish.
Hot- Glad to hear your doing good.
Pesca, Nikki, June and the new girls Cathy & Ragoon
Got alot to catchup on. I need to just make time.
B- 2 fried eggs, bacon coffee/hwc
L- 2 small packs of tuna w/jalapenos, mayo & mustard
S- pork rinds & diet cherry coke zero
D- Maybe some leftover crustless pizza/ sm. salad
Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Lazy day. Watched a lot of TV.
B- fried eggs, cheese, bacon, coffee and cream
L- leftover chicken soup, drizzled egg into.
D- chicken tenders coated with crushed pork rinds and powdered parmesan cheese, dipped in mayo
S- peanuts
Old 01-23-2012, 05:23 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Good morning ladies!

Laura, maybe your body is adjusting to all the changes. Hang in there.

Today is my weigh in day and I'm down to 232.4. I lost 1.8 lbs this week. I'm hoping to see the 220's at next weeks weigh in.

Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Blech. After going out of town last week and eating off plan, well, I just got back on today. We were out of food at home so I had to eat what we had. We had crackers. So yeah. Not weighing for a few days at least. TOM is here as well so who knows how much I'm up. I need to keep my eyes on the prize. I want to be smaller by the time it warms up here. I've wasted enough time screwing around. I've been on LC for, it will be 3 years in June, and I really should have been close to goal.

My goal this week, to stay on plan and take at least 2 classes.

Welcome Cathy and Raqoon. Sorry I haven't been around much, I usually am. Just been trying to get through all this and get my crap together. I'll post more personals with yall when I get to know you a little better. This group is awesome and these girls will make sure yall keep your butts in gear.

Raqoon, I wanted to clarify that Laura just had weight loss surgery, that's why she's dropping weight so fast Just didn't want you to have unreal expectations for dropping with low carb that fast, although it is possible.

Laura-girl you have done fantastic. You are getting so skinny so fast! Don't be so hard on yourself.

AWEIGHS-I see you made your tuna like I do! It's so good. Use some pork rinds to scoop it up, it makes it waaaaaaay better!

Abber how do you make your chili? That sounds delicious.

Nikki-ugh. I feel disappointed. I feel like I let you down. Your getting down and I'm still where I was. I'm not being a very good PIC right now. I will do better this week. I promise!

June-where are you? I just wish you would post so we can know you're ok.

Ok, menu for today:
B-1 scoop protein powder, coffee.
L-I think 2-3 eggs w/butter/franks
D-Eggs again? Depends on if I get paid today or tomorrow. I'm going to set my menu for the week. No snacking, what I post is what I'll eat. VLC, lots of water, coffee, and exercise this week. I swear.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

I have decided I'm gonna post something everyday. Stay on track. I weighed in this a.m. @ 5:30 I gained 4#'s. What happened?? I drink my water maybe not as much as I should but I dranked 4 20 oz bottles of sam's club water = 80 oz. Well today is another day and tomorrow and the day after.....
On pork rinds, what brand do you all like and do you eat bbq or plain?
Michelle- Yes, I tried your tuna concoction and loved it. Tasted so much better and I will try pork rinds next time.
Abbs- your chick tender recipe- do you just roll them in crushed plain pork rinds,/parma cheese and then mayoand bake? What temp do you bake on and how long?
Nikki- I tried WW a while back and kept going over my points for the day. When it changed to points plus I just knew I would not stay in check. I started thinking that the carbs I was eating were going against me. But looking at your pics you have really done good for yourself.
Laura/HT/June/Cathy/Raqoon- Have a great day!!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michelle, I'm glad your back on track now. Try to wait until next weekend to weigh, to give yourself time for the TOM bloat to be gone. I don't want you getting discourage. I need my PIC kicking butt right beside me.

AWEIGHSTOGO- Though I don't count carbs, I do try to eat lower carb foods. WW and lower carb has worked well for me.

Laura, where ya at? How ya doing?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Michelle, i make Dottie's Texas chili. It's amazing.
Aweighs- first, dip your chicken in beaten egg. mix finely crushed pork rinds with parmesan cheese. Add seasonings if you want, i like garlic salt. put your mix into a gallon ziploc bag,add the eggy chicken, and shake! Then fry in butter, or oil, or whatever you want. I dip the final product in mayo because i like dipping stuff. Usually i mix some reduced sugar ketchup with it.

B- atkins vanilla protein shake, with a 1/4 cup half and half mixed in.
L- pepperoni and cheese
D- fried chicken again.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
Hi-
I'm here- just tired and recovering from dental work...gotta get a crown and they did the "prep" work today...lots of drilling *UGH!*

Weight is still up but that's because I didn't eat low carb...had some low blood sugars and drank applejuice to raise my sugar. Oh well-better to get back to a good blood sugar level than pass out. The rest of today can be low carb.

Hope everyone is doing well.

--Laura
Old 01-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Did better yesterday. Went to a step class. I may take today off from working out, depends. I don't see a class I want to take, I do want to take the step class and ab/glute class tomorrow and Thursday. I need to go get my nails fixed and buy groceries so it really just depends on how the day goes.

I didn't end up having eggs last night, I had shrimp and dipped them in mayo mixed with siracha. Mmmmmmmmm. It was super low cal/low carb, I think I'm going to start eating it more. And it only took a couple minutes to make because my shrimp is already cooked! I wish I had some right now.

I'm also going to try tofu for the first time this week. I'm trying to do lower cal/low carb because I seem to drop weight way faster and I just need to get back into the 220's. Yeah, I weighed. Bleeech. I'm going to work my butt off.

Laura I hope you feel better soon. I haaate dental work.

Aweighs-I usually buy Turkey Creek because I can get it at the dollar tree. I usually get plain but every now and then I get bbq or spicy bbq.

Abber your chicken sounds good.

Planned menu for today:
B-coffee
L-2-3 eggs
S-tuna/mayo/mustard/jalapeno
D-either some turkey burgers, shrimp with mayo/siracha, or a tofu hash.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Well guys, my eyes may have been playing tricks on me yesterday morning. I weighed this a.m. and I was down 6#'s wt 288# maybe the water did help after all.
Michelle - I tried the pork rinds w/tuna mixture it was verrry good. I used plain rinds. How much is too much tuna. It seems I could almost eat it everyday no problem as long as I have jalapenos. Thanks again for the suggestion. Karen
Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

A lot of people say not to eat it more than twice a week, but honestly, I've been eating it nearly every day for the past 6 months at least, and i'm fine.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

I like Turkey Creek pork rinds also, spicy! I also like Baken-Ets, spicy. I'll eat either, depends on what I have on hand. Turkey Creek from the Dollar Tree or Baken-Ets from Walmart.

B- slept through it
L- leftover chili, sour cream and cheese
D- eggs with cream cheese, LC ketchup

Keep on rockin ladies
Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah I had weighed yesterday and I was back up to 244.4. This morning, back to my stat weight. 238.6. Woot. Ketosis must have kicked in. I know I'm stretching, but I would love to see 235 by Sunday.

Abber I like Turkey creek cuz they are cheap! I likes cheap! Baken-ets are good, but the bags seem smaller and they are twice the price!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Finally think I've decided on my menu for today:

B-coffee, 1sf jello
L-tuna/mayo/mustard/jalapeno
S-I think coffee w/hwc
S-tuna/mayo/mustard/jalapeno
D-1 garlic butter tilapia filet, 20 medium shrimp w/mayo/sirracha
S-If needed, either celery w/cottage cheese/olives or...um...tuna? idk this is a tentative menu. Or maybe cottage cheese w/sf jello?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

My menu today:
B- bacon/stringcheese/coke zero
L- Chicken breast w/lemon pepper made in zip/steam bag/ brocc. steamed w/cheese
D- eggs & fried bologna
S- maybe an atkins snak bar
Drinks- Plenty of water- really pushing it Have a good day!! Karen
Old 01-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Good lookin' menus, ladies!
For me:
B- atkins peanut crisp protein bar, coffee and cream
L- pepperoni and cheese, melted like pizza toppings
D- chicken breast and some green beans, peppers, and zucchini. With butter and soy sauce.
S- peanuts maybe
Old 01-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok hardesst step class ever. Cant move lol. Did the full hour though.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

A whole hour, good job sister
Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks!

So the scale finally past 238.6 which is what I was bouncing around from the last 2 weeks, then had my little thing last week and got up to 244.4. Down to 237.8. Yay! I want those 220's again so bad.

Menu today, IDK. I ate too much yesterday.

So far coffee w/hwc. I'm supposed to take bf to his follow up appt today so if so we will be on the road. IDK though because we got in a fight and he may not want me to. If not, Ill hit the gym and take another class!!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JUNEBUG2
Stats: 338/297/180--tight28w/24/16 5'8"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: april 24, 2006-new beginning 03/01
Hi Yall I am still here but having cmptr problems...I can't seem to get here using my laptop and that is what I use now days, even tho I hate it....when I use this desk top....the chair causes that dayum nerve pain to go thru the roof At any rate I am still on track...losing slowly (as usual) scale up one day, down the next...but I am still on track We were out of town last week and leaving again Sunday for a short trip to the gulf coast. It is really hard to stay on track while out of town but Im makin it....hope I will make it on this trip....biggest problem is the salt.....places you eat add a ton of salt to the food...even boiled shrimp....by the time we get home my body is bloated....but it comes right back off when I flood the bod with water!!!!

to the newbies....and to those that are just awesome in their loses....luv, luv, luv ya....you know who u r and you know I am always proud of you....this is the year we "git er done" My mini goal is 270...its what I weighed when the uglie hit...
08/05 315
08/20 308
09/03 322
09/10 314
09/17 317
10/09 314
Old 01-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies!

Mama June, I'm happy to hear from ya! We have missed you.

Michelle, my PIC, I'm so proud of you for doing the step class! I have been skipping my workouts this week, not good. I need to get back to it if I want to see the 220's next week. I'm also glad to see the scale going back down for you. Lets kiss the 230's goodbye!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Miss you mamma.

Had to go out of town for bfs follow up. Didnt eat all day so we could go out to eat here. Had a couple spoons of queso, a hite of garlic bread, but chewed and spit out, and half a meat salad. Hope i didnt do any damage tomorrow, my cals and carbs shouldnt be that high.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

B- coffee w/HWC
L- tuna w/mayo and green chiles, cheese
S- a few slices of bacon dipped in cream cheese
D- leftover chicken and vegetables
Closed Thread