Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Some 2 per cup, some 1 per cup. Make sure itsunsweetened.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oct2667us
Stats: 290/290/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: re start 1/6/2014
I will look in to it.
yes I feel a lil better .. Lets hope it last .

I hope to be able to eat something but sf jello.

bbl
Old 01-06-2012, 04:29 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Happy Friday morning everyone!

Melinda, I hope you feel better soon!

Michelle, I'm glad its not as bad as you thought. I weighed this morning and it was 238.2. So I'm still up almost 4 lbs. We will get to onderland together!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
My scale is obviously in cahoots with my body-NEITHER one is letting me get into the 280's-feeling very frustrated and bad. Went to the wls support group meeting last night and felt like such a FAILURE. A lady who had wls on DEC 12 has lost 50 pounds already-in less than a MONTH!! and here I am stuck at -42 and not even exercise is helping me lose and I'm 2 weeks out from 3 months post op. Another gal I met at the support group was there and she is at 6 months post surgery and she's at -82 ..I feel like I must be doing something wrong...well really just a big fat failure and an idiot-I'm sore from my exercises but nothing came of doing them- why am I stuck while the weight is just falling off others?? Hating my body right now..and hating me
Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

pescacat Just hang in the 42 pounds is great. Dont go by what others have loss. You will get there slow and steady.. If that group makes you feel that way mayb re think going. You need to be where you feel happy not feel like you are not doing good.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Ehh I'm up a pound today. Not surprising. My carbs were aroung 36, and calories 1800. I wasn't hungry all day yesterday and then bam! It hit me and I couldn't eat enough. I had 2 huge salads with chicken and ranch, and 4 turkey hot dogs. Oh well. I'm trying not to be hard on myself this go of it, do what I know is right, and know I'm at a general comfortable weight so if it doesn't come off quite as fast as usual, I'm ok with that.

Laura-you have done amazing. You shouldn't compare your losses with other people. Just think about it, if you would not have had the surgery at all, where would you be right now? Would you be in twoterville? You are doing fantastic!

Melinda-I hope you are feeling better today.

June-Did your hubby eat all your food???? I sure hope not.

So today so far I've only had a chocolate coffee ice smoothy thingy. It had coffee, 1tbsp of unsweetened cocoa, sf vanilla syrup, 1/8 cup of ricotta, and ice. It was really good. I'm getting hungry again though so I'll probably eat some tuna, it's all I have at work.

For dinner I'll probably have either egg drop soup or tuna cakes.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AWEIGHSTOGO
Stats: 301
WOE: Low Carb or No Carb
Start Date: NEW START 12/11, another new start 08/09/12
Good afternoon ladies! It's been a few days since I blogged.

Melinda: Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, Hope you get to feeling better.

Michelle: What is glucc pudding ? Is it good ? What kind of tuna do you get in the pouch, seems like tuna does't taste as good as it use to. I try to get Bumble Bee at Wally World, very hard to find.

Pescacat: I agree with everything Melinda said about being hard on yourself and I that meeting leaves you feeling bad about yourself maybe you need to forget it for awhile until you can regroup.

I weighed yesterday day morning and I was surprised that I had lost 4#'s since last Thursday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. So glad that I only have to work approx. 5 hrs tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

aweighstogo-Glucc pudding is pudding made out of glucomannan powder, almond milk, sweetener, and your flavoring of choice, very very low carb/calorie and tasty. It just 1-2 cups of almond milk, or you can use half and half water, sweetener to taste, flavoring such as cocoa powder. Mix it all well and then take 1tbsp of glucc powder and start whisking in very slowly until it's all mixed well. Eat it like that or refrigerate for 10-15 minutes so it can thicken up. Filling and yummy.

I prefer the Starkist in the pouch, it taste the best to me, but I've been being cheap and getting the great value because it's .82/ea, and I add mayo, mustard, jalapenos and it covers up the flavor.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone - I agree with everyone else, Laura, you cannot compare your losses to anyone else. Our bodies are all different...we all lose differently. How about considering a meat and egg fast for a few days? I've heard others who have sleeves say that meat fills them up faster and for longer than other foods...maybe you should try it?

Congrats to everyone else on figuring out what works for you and going with it. I only really eat the white tuna - guess I mean Albacore - and because it is pricey I don't eat it very often. I do find that the more fish and seafood I eat, the faster I lose...

I have a big project I have to do for work this weekend. If I don't see you all, have a great one!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abberdoodle
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oct2667us View Post
pescacat Just hang in the 42 pounds is great. Dont go by what others have loss. You will get there slow and steady.. If that group makes you feel that way mayb re think going. You need to be where you feel happy not feel like you are not doing good.

Hugs to you Pesca.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

I had some food challenges today, we had a lunch meeting at work and the boss ordered Olive Garden. BUT I was good! I had a plate of salad, and an Atkins bar from my purse. Then to my Mom's for dinner, she had made a beanless chili (she is LC'ing too) but with a LOT more tomato sauce than I felt comfortable with. (the kind I make is more broth-y.) I had two bowls with sour cream and cheese. At least there wasn't any beans in it I guess? So, a success at lunch and maybe a minor setback at dinner.
I have plenty of leftovers in my fridge for tomorrow, and we're doing salad bar for dinner before going out to kareoke. Goal is to have "just one" rum and Diet Coke.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura, 42 lbs in less then 3 months is great! Don't be so hard on yourself. Remember slow and steady weight loss is healthy. We all have to be reminded that this is not a race. It's about being healthy.

I'm headed to the gym this morning then to the store to do some grocery shopping. I also have alot of house cleaning to do .

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the support and the sensible words of wisdom. *hugs*

(Love your new avi michelle-you are SO pretty! The light behind you almost looks like a halo!)

Abber-good job with trying to eat on plan as best you could-how did the night out go?

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 01-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JUNEBUG2
Stats: 338/297/180--tight28w/24/16 5'8"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: april 24, 2006-new beginning 03/01
Laura, some of that weight that was fat has turned to muscle....remember that muscle weighs more than fat....You have been exercising in a way that you have not previously done....think about it....Now that being said...we all get into trouble and sometimes throw in the towel when we get frustrated over that dayum scale. Forget about it....embrace the 42 lbs....its going to come....in a few weeks you might be the one on the high totem pole while the others in the class are not losing.....

Michelle, your picture is lovely

Melinda....hope you are feeling better

Abbs...your doing great!!

I am still on plan...

Hope you all have a wonderful week end...its boring as heck here.....I miss New Orleans..but not the lbs I gained there
08/05 315
08/20 308
09/03 322
09/10 314
09/17 317
10/09 314
Old 01-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. I go off and on I feel better then I start feeling bad . but guess it is better than feeling bad all the time. lol

Still been on plan.
Hope all are good..
Old 01-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Night out went ok, could have been better i guess. Should have just stuck with the salad at the salad bar, but was tempted to try a couple soups too. They were probably not super low carb, i think one had beans in it. At the bar i had three rum and diet cokes, which didnt even taste that great. Needed them to sing though. Sang Rocket Man. All in all, not a total fail of a night.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Hi-

Melinda-hope you are feeling better and mostly good now. *hugs*

Abberdoodle-glad you had fun and soup sure sounds yummy. Just get back on track as soon as you can!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am tired-not sleeping well for some reason and having some upset stomach/acid reflux stuff-think it is just some issues I am dealing with coming out in a physical way. My body is being affected by the stress a lot more than I like to admit. I have pork chops in the oven right now-been loving eating baked pork chops every chance I get lately for some reason-guess if I have to have a craving, that's a nice healthy low carb one to have *L*.

Hope everyone has a good day.

--Laura
Old 01-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abberdoodle View Post
Night out went ok, could have been better i guess. Should have just stuck with the salad at the salad bar, but was tempted to try a couple soups too. They were probably not super low carb, i think one had beans in it. At the bar i had three rum and diet cokes, which didnt even taste that great. Needed them to sing though. Sang Rocket Man. All in all, not a total fail of a night.

would love to hear you sing.
Keep up the good work
Old 01-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

The cold is GONE!!!!!!!!! wooooooo hooooo lol

been cleaning all day.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Melinda so glad the cold is gone!

So I'm starting the week at 241.4. I've been over eating quite a bit, my carbs have been around 31 a day, which is very high for me. It doesn't bother me, I've been trying to get off my alcohol cravings and I'm happy to say it's been 7 days! I'm feeling fantastic and my mood has dramatically improved. Anxiety wise. At least the last two days, and the weekends are always the hardest for me because bf spends a lot of time with his family on the weekends.

I've been focusing on myself and not worried about him so much and I feel better. I hope tomorrow is a good one as well.

I'm going to look into taking an exercise class this week. I got a list from the gym yesterday and I'm going to look at it tomorrow.

I'm also very proud of myself because yesterday at the gym I socialized a bit with a stranger in the hot tub. Talked to her for about 30 minutes, it was nice. I'm pretty anti social since I gained all my weight so that was a huge step for me.

My goal this week is to stay off alcohol, and try to continue to get my carbs/calories under control. I'm really motivated to get some more weight off before it gets too warm. I want to be able to wear some smaller/sleeveless tops to show off my new tattoo.

Bf's next cornea transplant is scheduled for next Wednesday (18th), so if everyone could keep us in your thoughts. I'm not freaking out like last time, I'm very confident and comfortable with his doctors and anesthesia team, which is what I was so scared about last time (anesthesia, he had never had surgery before). I'll be around all week until next Tuesday so don't worry about me disappearing

Well, I'm about to get ready to hit the gym so everyone have a great day!

Menu:
B-nothing, slept!
L-1 hb egg w/franks
D-I'm going to attempt to make up a enchilada shrimp recipe.
S-if needed, hb eggs or fried eggs, or some chicken broth I made yesterday.

Last edited by MsWoods; 01-08-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Old 01-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michelle, I'm so glad things are looking up for you. And I'll say a prayer for you and your bf.

Melinda, I'm glad your feeling better!

I was suppose to make a cake for a baby shower that was suppose to be tonight. Then my friend at church tells me "didn't you get my email? The baby shower had to be moved to NEXT Sunday." I haven't checked my email in 2 weeks. Good thing I didn't bake the cake.

The weather is beautiful here, it's in the 70's. So as a family we went to the walking track and I did 6 laps. I walked the straights and jogged the curves. Afterwords my husband told me how proud he is of me. It made me .

My journal http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...it-r-done.html

"Discipline must accompany desire to achieve results."
Old 01-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Good job with the excercise Nikki! And Can you imagine if you had baked that cake, if it was me i would hafta throw it out, waaaay too tempting!

B.. Egg scramble with hamburger and cheese
L... Chicken caesar salad
S.... Peanuts
D... Bacon!

Keep up the good work people!

Last edited by Abberdoodle; 01-08-2012 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: :-)
Old 01-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone! How great everyone is doing! KUTGW!! Michelle, prayers and good vibes going out to you and your bf.
Melinda - Glad your cold is history!
Nikki - Exercise is awesome - every step counts!!
Hi Abberdoodle! Your menu is hard to quibble with! Especially the bacon! I LURVE me some bacon!!
Laura - Sorry to hear about the reflux. Been there, done that! Hope our pork chops are heavenly!
Hi Aweighs to go & June - How goes it?

I'm still slowly recovering from the surgery. I took my son and we walked about 1.5 miles today. It is weird to not swing my arms, but the longer walk felt good. I weighed myself yesterday and I was 200.1 - I need to watch the salt, I believe, because I haven't eaten very differently from what I normally eat. I'm vowing to be more careful this week. I'd like to weigh 198 by next Saturday or Sunday, so I have my work cut out for me.

Have a great week, Everyone!!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies!

Monday's are my weigh in day, 237, I'm down 3.5 lbs for the week. But I'm still up 2.5 lbs from what I was before my Christmas and New Year cheats.

I'm off work today and I will be going to the step class at the gym this morning. Julie, the teacher/trainer is good at kicking my butt LOL!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Hi-
Nikki-enjoy your day off and have a good workout!

Michelle-your goals sound good-wihsing you much success!
Melinda-glad you are better!
Abbs-how are you today?
June-What's new?
HT-Hope you are feeling better as your recovery progresses and this week goes well for you!
AWeighs/Karen-we miss you! Come check in!

I have a dentist appointment today-routine cleaning and we'll see about my sensitivity to cold stuff...

Have a great day!

--Laura
Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JUNEBUG2
Stats: 338/297/180--tight28w/24/16 5'8"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: april 24, 2006-new beginning 03/01
WTG Nikki, you will be in onederland before you know it

You too Michelle...just keep plugging away...

Laura, keep up the good work.....

Hot, you cease to amaze me

Abbs, keep working the plan...

310 weigh in this morning...thats 7 lbs since the 5th.....no doubt most of it is fluid but it looks so much better than 317....I have a long way to go to reach my post cancer weight of 273 but I am going to push till I get there...I have all these new clothes that I bought before treatments and I would really like to wear them, most still have the tags on....mini goal is 300... Hope you all have a wonderful week....I am joining the gym tomorrow....my husband retires at the end of the month and I will have a nice gym buddy so there will be no excuses to hit the pool at least 3-5 times a week...I just will have to find a time where the pool is not in use....I just hope my bathing suit still fits
Old 01-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A quote for the day...

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay Nikki. I'm trying to catch up with ya. I'm down to 239.4 this morning, so no more 240's for me, ever! I'm pretty much up 9lbs from before the holidays. I think it will come off fast because last week, even though I was LC, I was eating too much and too many carbs for me (I lose best well under 20g total).

My abs hurt pretty bad from yesterday at the gym. But my abs and back fat are what I need to work on. I've looked at the gym classes and they have an ab and tone class and I think I want to take it. Not sure if I will make it today, I sure would like to.

June thats awesome in 4 days. Whooo hoo!

Laura, I'm very sensitive to cold things too. Used to be sugary sweets too, but since LC I don't have to worry about that. I usually try to use a straw and it doesn't bother me as much.

Hot I hope you start feeling better soon. I think the only plastic surgery I've decided on for sure for sure is a boob job. I'm not joking. My boobs were the first thing to go, not I call them my "titty sacks". I want round, perky, porn star boobs. No, I'm not kidding.

Abber and Tx,

Menu today:
B-coffee, way too much sweetener, the damn gas station got cheap and doesn't have packets now so you have to pour from a container and theres no freaking way to know how much is in it.
S-10 pecan halves
L-1 tuna pack, 1 hb egg, mixed with mayo, mustard, jalapeno
S-if needed, same as lunch, depends if I go to that class
D-Ummmm, IDK, fried eggs w/butter and franks? Or same as lunch? Or tilapia of some sort?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

great Job !!!MsWoods

so Tired I am doing so meany things , I am couponing and all I have to do to keep that up then I am running my web site ,talking on here. I did a pen pal page and they have turned it in to a thred.Which is great just makes more for me to keep up with ... lol

Well I can say I have way more engery. I just need to go shopping I am out of food!!! lol
Old 01-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!!!

Michelle - Totally with ya on the boobs thing. That's the only part of my body I don't want to get (much) smaller. A little smaller, ok. But I would be sad to lose them.

oct2667- Don't you just love the energy? I can't believe how much better I feel, like a different person. Makes you realize how damaging excess carbs can be.

Junebug - 7 lbs, AMAZING!!!

Hope Laura had a good dental checkup... any cavities???

B - atkins peanut butter bar and diet mtn dew
L - tuna salad with cheese
D- chili! no beans
Closed Thread