Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SweetSilverBird
Stats: Over 400/260/180
WOE: NoSurgery HFLC
Start Date: September 10, 2010
Oh super you are ok.. I lost this thread for a bit... How are you feeling? What was it like? I've always wanted to know.
SweetSilverBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilverBird View Post
Oh super you are ok.. I lost this thread for a bit... How are you feeling? What was it like? I've always wanted to know.
I'm curious as well. Hope you're doing okay!
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PonderousOne
I have been around here and there since December of 2001...yowzer!!

I had lap band surgery in March of 2011 and it was not a successful tool for me. I do not blame the band, but it is not for everyone. I paid $15,000 out of my own pocket, but it is what it is.

I thought I would say hello as I am going to be around again.....as of today. I have not given up on trying to get healthy...therefore I am still a resounding success story!
PonderousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't give up. One day it all may click and you may have your dream. We will all cheer you on, as we all go down the same path. <hug> I remember you.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CKjinx'd
Stats: 483 Oct 1st/462 pre-op/457 on 11.12.12/175
WOE: post-op RNY/surgery date 11/5/12
Start Date: 10/01/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilverBird View Post
After i woke up, i thought..omg, what did I do? LOL. Then i talked to my surgery team and found out my liver isn't in very good shape and this surgery was life saving on more than one front. So, i sucked it up and stopped feeling sorry for myself. I won't lie..it was hard the first few days..but it got better. I'm 3 weeks out today and i'm able to walk further than i have in over a year. I feel much better already. I have started cooking some meals for my family again and am able to stand at the sink to do the dishes! yay!! 3 weeks and I'm already seeing some majorly awesome changes in my quality of life.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjinx'd View Post
After i woke up, i thought..omg, what did I do? LOL. Then i talked to my surgery team and found out my liver isn't in very good shape and this surgery was life saving on more than one front. So, i sucked it up and stopped feeling sorry for myself. I won't lie..it was hard the first few days..but it got better. I'm 3 weeks out today and i'm able to walk further than i have in over a year. I feel much better already. I have started cooking some meals for my family again and am able to stand at the sink to do the dishes! yay!! 3 weeks and I'm already seeing some majorly awesome changes in my quality of life.
That's awesome! I hope all your dreams come true, and in a year or two you will see yourself in the form you always hoped for. I've been on this board for 9 years, and I've been PCOS for my whole adult life. A very severe case. I never really began to lose my weight till menopause put an end to my hormone disease. Now it is just falling off. I'm on Lowcarb-highfat. Works well to lose weight quickly, but it really plays havoc with my intestines. Do you have any problems like that?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #187
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 148
Start Date: Jan 2001
Happy New Year everyone!

Elizabeth, when the band doesn't work, do they remove it or what happens to it?
If they don't remove it, how does it affect you today? Just curious...
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I had to go back and look at my start date. lol

I've been here a long time and posted here a lot but got off track. I see a few names I know. Visiting this site daily was my saving grace. I plan to be here a lot from now on.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #190
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Good to see people posting.. I am hoping to see a lot of members start posting again letting us know how they are doing and if they are in need of a fresh start I am sure they will get all the support they need from LCF.
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart

Cool thread! I remember lurking mostly in here. I did post some, but I followed you guys for the most part. I am back now with a renewed spirit and a more mature outlook than ever before. Great to see so many folks back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_down View Post
I'm looking for some support. Trying to get back to myself. Looked at some of my post with progress pictures today and nearly cried. I've had some health issues over the years and can no longer do low carb. My body can't take all the protein. I've been up and down and up again in weight and now I've got to get it together. People say to me that I know I know how to do it but that's easier said than done. Just because I have succeeded in the past doesn't make it easy for me this time. I'm dealing with feelings of I'm tired of the up and down. I don't want to start again only to have another setback.

I've decided on counting calories. Anyone else counting calories? I was doing great with it in 2010 to mid 2011. Then I got sick and had two surgeries in 2012. Now I am trying to get back to myself. Started back to exercising - water aerobics because of a knee injury I can't do that WATP exercises that I once loved.

I hope there is a place for me with counting calories. I need the support. Support and accountability makes the journey so much better.
Claritta!!!!! Girl, I think of you often! PM me sometime!!!! It is sooo good to see you again!
LadyN is offline   Reply With Quote