LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #121
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zay
WOE: low cal/low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by filet_mignon_mom View Post
Hello! I was a member starting in 1998, I think. I can't remember my old log in and I thought I would jump back in today and and say hi!
Hello! What was your screen name?
zay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LWood1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
HI Wood! I remember you and when your baby girl was born! How old is she now? Nice to see you!
Abby is 8 now and my son Daniel is 2
LWood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #123
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: filet_mignon_mom
Stats: 305/296/130
Start Date: 6/19/12
Quote:
Hello! What was your screen name?

I'm pretty sure it was KelliMM.

So, nice to be back. Starting up tomorrow.
filet_mignon_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #125
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWood1 View Post
Hey wow, my account still works!

I am sooo glad you came back!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LWood1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaAshling View Post
I am sooo glad you came back!!!
Thanks It had been about a year and a half I was away.. I'll try to stay closer
LWood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamaduck
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 18, 2012
I am back - - in the middle of my third week - - slowly transitioning from induction to owl.... I believe it has been at least 5 or 6 years since I posted - - I have moved from Hawaii to Colorado Springs and I am now in Denmark, WI.... I have bounced on and off of the Atkins wagon so many times I think my butt is made of rubber, but I am really determined that this is it - - my last chance at getting healthy....

I have had a lot of changes in my life - - too many to write about now, but I decided to start posting again - - I have lurked on and off through the years....

See you all around....
Mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
I just happen to come across this today. I first came here in 2001 and if it weren't for you guys, I never would have made it through the first couple of years. It is nice to see old names and faces.

I am using an online tracker to track food and portion sizes. It has really helped. I didn't buy any of the upgrades, just the basic free software.

Going down have been using portion sizes as a way of planning from a basic outline. When I started using it, I could see where all the calories were coming from. I never counted calories, but by changing some of my choices from whole milk to low fat, red meet to fish or chicken or soy, I was able to lower the calories enough so that in June I lost 4 lbs. i went more than six months during the winter, where i didn't lose anything. When I started using it at end of May, I was eating around 1750 and since I don't exercise much, am 64 yrs old, I am now able to keep it between 1250 and 1400. I have fish and chicken but have started gravitating toward more vegetarian. I enjoy it. I get 35-40 grams of fiber a day. The ratio is roughly 40% fat, 30% carb and 30% protein. It wasn't intentional. My net carb is about 80 per day. I think this is healthy, as I get lots of vegetables, one fruit in the morning and protein 3 times a day. I use low fat dressing at lunch and olive oil and regular dressing at supper.

For me the calories are lower than what they were, but not an unhealthy range. I don't mind if the weight loss is slow so long as I know I am making good choices each day

Last edited by MaryMary; 07-07-2012 at 04:23 PM..
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mean rn
Hey all was around pre 2006
mean rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Raelynn
Stats: 338/321/180
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 12, 2012
Hi, I joined in 2002 but I didn't post a lot. I'm finding this time around it's really hard to get this weight off because of my age(64) and the fact that I don't exercise very much. I promise that I will post more.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Raelyn you sound like me
Old 07-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #133

Old 07-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RBear62767
Stats: 280/145/150
WOE: Nothing white!
Start Date: 9/4/01
Hi, Everybody! I pop in and out from time to time. I finally hit my goal about two years ago, and I'm proud to say that I've stayed within a 5-pound up or down from my goal of 145. I don't know why it finally clicked for me, but all I can say is that LC is not a way of life for me anymore. I have a pretty varied diet that includes lots of fruits and veggies. Nice to see so many of you!
RBear62767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #135

Looking good Regina!!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: razberry
WOE: lower carb/low-glycemic w/portion control
I'm still here, too. Trying again to make a permanent change and not keep losing and gaining and losing again. Good to see some familiar faces and love that some who have lost and kept it off still come back to support the newbies.
razberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dobie
Received an email about this thread, so thought I'd pop in. So many old folks....good to remember. Hope LC works for all of you, but I'll never go back to it. You were all wonderful support when I needed it though, and I thank you.
dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Dobie, How are you? What are you doing?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Hi all!
I just found this thread. I joined in 2002 and while I've had some gabby times, I'm mostly a lurker. I always enjoyed the century club in the old days. When you're facing down losing 100 pounds or more it can feel pretty daunting and it was great to have people who were in the same boat to get advice from.

I always come back to LCF when I need motivation. I've been maintaining for years, but I'm back now trying to get to my original goal that I gave up on. I finally passed the 100 pound mark just a few weeks ago. Only 11 years after I started this WOL.

It's great to see some familiar names from the old days!
257/144.8/150
BF% Goal 26%/20%/20%
February Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?
Nutritional Ketosis Thread Information and Posts of Interest
My Maintenance Journal
Original weight 2001--257 Maintaining 165-175 from 2002-March 2012
March 2012 to August 2012--175/150 Made Goal 8/27/12!
mom2zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Kristn, how old is Zeke now?
Old 08-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Kristn, how old is Zeke now?
MaryMary! So great to see you here, and so glad you remember me.

Zeke is 16 and just got his license. It's hard to believe how fast time flies!
mom2zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
It's sooooo good to "see" you all!!!

Kristn....you look marvelous...Congrats on keeping it off!

And Dobie....good to "see" you too!

I am back and doing JUDDD after many years away and trying to take off that 60 lbs that crept on in 10 years...it wasn't that I didn't try...I just needed something different for this old body and this seems to be working for me.

It was a great gang we had back in the "old days" and I do miss you all!
LindaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyCan
Stats: Lost 100 lbs in 2001, restarted 6/4/2012
WOE: Atkins for Life
Start Date: Restarted 6/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaD View Post
It's sooooo good to "see" you all!!!

Kristn....you look marvelous...Congrats on keeping it off!

And Dobie....good to "see" you too!

I am back and doing JUDDD after many years away and trying to take off that 60 lbs that crept on in 10 years...it wasn't that I didn't try...I just needed something different for this old body and this seems to be working for me.

It was a great gang we had back in the "old days" and I do miss you all!
LindaD....wow, it is really good to "see" you again too! I was able to touch base with Dobie via email and although she's having some life challenges with her family, she has lost 75 pounds just making healthier eating choices...not necessarily locarb. I've made a serious restart (6/4) and I'm determined to get rid of all the weight I regained back in the day. Down 25 so far, but long way to go. How are you and your family? We're in Arizona now. Had to sell my horses which was very sad, but life can surely present us with twists and turns.

You're still in Washington? So good to make contact again. Tell me about your JUDDD experience.
Hmmmm...oh! I'm a grandma now too. Well, I'm rambling. Just seeing your name brought back such fun memories. I still have photos of our get together when you came down to Sacramento. Seems a lifetime ago. {{{hugs}}}}
Old 08-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerDream
Stats: 264.4/251.4/175
Start Date: August 13, 2012 - again
At my highest weight I was 287 lbs and through a few months on Protein Power, I lost 42 lbs. Gained back up to 271 and then started Atkins and coming here. At my lowest in May 2004, I weighed in at 193 lbs and most people guessed me in the 160's. I felt great and wanted to keep going but we moved to England and I just couldn't keep up while learning my way around the food choices there. One thing on my side though was getting gall stones which helped me keep my weight off for a year simply because eating hurt. I do not recommend this method of maintaining one's weight though! I had my gall bladder removed in May of 2005 and regained 40 lbs over the next few months. Every year since then, the weight has crept back on as I ignored it and I'm now back up to 268 lbs (as of this morning).

I'm not sure when I decided to come back to the CC forum and eat low carb again, but sometime over the past month I knew I would be returning. I've been reading the CC forum, checking out low carb recipes, and looking SO forward to rejoining everyone here. I have a week's worth of meal plans already entered into an online tracker, my DH and kids are on board with me, one daughter and DH are joining me and the others are helping to cheer me on. Tomorrow, I will do my official weigh in, take my measurements, and get a couple of "Before" pictures.

I can't wait!
SummerDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #145
Inky

Gallery: airforcemom
WOE: Low carb/lots of exercise!
Start Date: March 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobie View Post
Received an email about this thread, so thought I'd pop in. So many old folks....good to remember. Hope LC works for all of you, but I'll never go back to it. You were all wonderful support when I needed it though, and I thank you.

Wow, good to see you!!
airforcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #146
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Airforcemom, you look wonderful. Much younger than 10 years ago
How are your sons doing...two in the services right?
Good to see you.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome back, SummerDream. Sounds like you are bringing the most important thing, a willingness and a supportive family that will help you reach your goals. In the beginning, I remember advice from this LCF'S board was to keep it simple, break it into baby steps and make my goals the same.

I had my lowest in 2006 at 155 lbs after I had a lot of hanging skin removed and then over time gaining back a little every year until last year I had a major binge and got up to 226 lbs.

Since July 9th, last year, I have been putting one foot in front of another, writing my plan down, committing to it each day, weighing my portions and planning/preparing my meals.

If I have to go to a social gathering, I bring backup so I am at no no one's mercy. I realize how quickly I can gain if I let down my defenses. So I have to be vigilant. The biggest eye opener was that many of my emotional problems came back when I was in the binge. The main one, panic attacks, we're the scariest. I think that more than anything got my attention. I like my life without sugar and grains today.

Today I am committed to changing my life and with it the food I eat. I am 64 yrs old now and my two children are in their 30's. One is married with 4 sons and one is with her SO for the last 10 yrs and have no children. So I am home with DH with just my 15 yr old dog who is dying. She is staring to refuse to eat and I am praying that she pass quickly without pain. I can't put her down for many reasons.

Anyway, that's where I am today.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerDream
Stats: 264.4/251.4/175
Start Date: August 13, 2012 - again
Oops... somehow missed an entire paragraph on this post saying how I used to post here back around 2003 or so. I thought my username was SD but the admins on here helped me find my old account and said it was SummerDream. I do remember many of you and LOVE seeing so many successes. Trying not to beat myself up over the fact that I'm not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerDream View Post
At my highest weight I was 287 lbs and through a few months on Protein Power, I lost 42 lbs. Gained back up to 271 and then started Atkins and coming here. At my lowest in May 2004, I weighed in at 193 lbs and most people guessed me in the 160's. I felt great and wanted to keep going but we moved to England and I just couldn't keep up while learning my way around the food choices there. One thing on my side though was getting gall stones which helped me keep my weight off for a year simply because eating hurt. I do not recommend this method of maintaining one's weight though! I had my gall bladder removed in May of 2005 and regained 40 lbs over the next few months. Every year since then, the weight has crept back on as I ignored it and I'm now back up to 268 lbs (as of this morning).

I'm not sure when I decided to come back to the CC forum and eat low carb again, but sometime over the past month I knew I would be returning. I've been reading the CC forum, checking out low carb recipes, and looking SO forward to rejoining everyone here. I have a week's worth of meal plans already entered into an online tracker, my DH and kids are on board with me, one daughter and DH are joining me and the others are helping to cheer me on. Tomorrow, I will do my official weigh in, take my measurements, and get a couple of "Before" pictures.

I can't wait!
SummerDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #149
Live. Love. Lounge.

Gallery: TheBluegrassBabe
Stats: 280+/236/Healthy! 5'8"
WOE: Primalish Atkins :)
Start Date: back at it 8/6/2012
I'm back too!

Hey all, it's been awhile. My oldest is 9 and the baby I was preggo with when I was last posting is now 5 years old and starting school! I have another as well, who is 22 months! I was around 250-260 pounds most of the last several years. Since having my youngest, breastfeeding, eating better and lost down a bit, but was finding I sort of stuck on that weight. So I restarted LC last week and am down to 236. I believe that was the weight I was 6 or 7 years ago when I started getting comfortable and cheating alot last time, so I hope that doesn't happen this time! LOL! NO, I KNOW it wont I happen this time as I am doing it with better reasons this time!

I LOVED the century club lounge and all of the support I got there. Looking forward to getting skinny and healthy with all of you here!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #150
Inky

Gallery: airforcemom
WOE: Low carb/lots of exercise!
Start Date: March 2003
Quote:
Airforcemom, you look wonderful. Much younger than 10 years ago
How are your sons doing...two in the services right?
Good to see you.
Awwh! Thanks! Good to see you too!
My sons are doing well, they are both out of the AF now, one lives 2 blocks from me and is about to be remarried and the other lives about 30 minutes away, got married after he got out and now has a baby. I'm a happy momma to have them living so close.
airforcemom is offline   Reply With Quote