Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   From Centuries, To Decades, And On To Goal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/703981-centuries-decades-goal.html)

Teresa123 01-01-2011 06:25 AM

From Centuries, To Decades, And On To Goal

Happy New Year!! :clap:

This is a place to come and hang out, exchange recipes, discuss progress and struggles, vent and basically find others who can relate to--and will support you through--the process of weight loss and maintenance.

If this sounds like what you need---please come join us! :)

Teresa123 01-01-2011 07:14 AM

Jen---there are lots of recipes in the recipe threads for candied or spiced nuts. I just saw one yesterday as a matter of fact...I'll go see if I can find it.

So for all of my talk of wanting to make coffee cake, I ended up making pumpkin bars instead. I just took them out of the oven and they smell great. :cool: I used the same recipe that I did for the zuch cake--which is definitely my new 'go to' recipe for any kind of cake/bars.

I am setting no real goals for this year---just continuing my goal of getting healthy and figuring out how to make this body (and head) of mine happy. :) The aminos are definitely helping me to do that. I still think about dieting/restricting--but I'm not as obsessed. And although I hate that a lot of my clothes are too tight---I know that if I keep doing what I'm doing I will slowly get back into all of them.....might take another year but slowly I'm coming to the realization that that is what I need to do---and right now I'm OK with that. :eek: I feel content virtually all the time---unless I eat sugar and that really seems to negate the positive results with the aminos. :annoyed: I have reduced the amount of cigs I'm smoking a day by almost half on most days, without even trying (not sure if that is related to the aminos or just feeling better or what :confused:). I'm sleeping better than I have in years---although there is still some room for improvement in that department. And I'm eating basically whatever I want---well over 2000 cals a day and lots of healthy carbs and fats. And I have even had thoughts of starting some regular exercise---nothing rigorous or anything like that of course :laugh: but I want to start back doing pilates and just getting moving more. I feel like after over 2+ years of struggling things are finally coming together....finally. I think after giving my body what it needs, it is calling a truce. :aprayer:

OK--just one more thought on this subject and then I'll quit (for today! :blush::laugh:). I think a lot of low carbers---at least those that eat fairly clean and don't starve themselves:rolleyes:---probably get this feeling just from low carb. The energy, the appetite suppression, less depression, etc. which from the amino perspective makes sense---good clean protein contains virtually all the aminos we need. Since eating more than minimal amounts of protein (specifically meat) has negative affects on me---I'm wondering if maybe my body doesn't process it that well and that's why I never really got all those perks from low carb....? :confused: And if that's the case I'm not sure if taking the aminos will help my body to learn to process it or if I'm going to have to start relying more on other protein sources. Going back to the blood type thing---I have only done a little reading on it but one of the things that stood out is that it's possible that a vegetarian type diet may be better for me.....so I need to look more into that and maybe do some exploring. If I have to keep taking all these aminos 7x a day for the rest of my life I guess I will--although I would not be happy about that.:annoyed: But my hope is that somehow through this process I can figure out what proteins I should be eating to accomplish the same thing without the aminos.

Well---I really didn't mean to ramble on like that...but I'm glad I did. If I get in a slump or just quit taking the aminos---please send me back to the first page on this thread so I can remember all of this and what it is I need to do. :)

Off to go make some cream cheese frosting and then---to eat a big fat pumpkin bar. :D

Teresa123 01-01-2011 07:38 AM

Here's a recent one Jen---I know there are tons more, I'll see what I can find. :)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...candy-mix.html

Teresa123 01-01-2011 09:34 AM

Here's another one---actually if you look through the thread there are several but the first one looks pretty easy and all ingredients you probably already have at home. :)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...died-nuts.html

Oh---and the pumpkin bars are delish....definitely the best I have ever made l.c. and probably as good as the high carb ones I used to make. :cool: Just wish I could come up with a great frosting recipe. :annoyed: Might have to resort to using some powdered maltitol along with the E and stevia. :eek: But I'm going to keep looking for other alternatives. I did use the coconut palm sugar with the E in the frosting. It's really good--but definitely more of a brown sugar flavor than I want in that particular frosting--but I think this sugar will work in a lot of other things. :up: And even though higher GI it doesn't seem to be triggering me--yay! :)

So what is everyone doing today? And why am I here talking to myself? :annoyed::laugh:

vee716 01-01-2011 09:36 AM

Teresa - I think I read somewhere in the Mood Cure that often after a while on the aminos the brain can rewire itself (I'm paraphrasing) and the aminos can be discontinued or reduced. I know anti-depressants were explained to me like that once, that they can (in some people) fix the brain and then you can come off them. IIRC, the thing to watch out for is if you start getting the old symptoms while on the aminos, that might be a clue that you need to come off, that if your brain has rewired, continuing to take them can rebound the old symptoms.

I've made one resolution - to keep on top of my work email inbox. I tend to let stuff accumulate in there and I lose track of deadlines and stuff I have to do. And because I know it's got these timebombs in it, I get anxious everytime I open my work email. It'd be better if I just kept on top of it.

As far as weight & food go, I'm already on the path I want to continue. I lost a little over 10 lbs in November/December, and that was on top of the 4 lbs of carb bloat I got rid of before starting officially dieting. My goal is to keep losing a pound a week. What has been working is my MWF (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) dieting with on plan maintenance days on the other days with a free meal once a week. I'm going to ride that plan until I hit a wall.

I feel like I have to whisper this goal, but I want to hit 200 lbs lost. I want to see a 140 on the scale, if only for a day. I'd probably be happy maintaining at 145ish, but I'd sure love to see that 140 just to be able to say that I lost 200 lbs.

I don't know if I'm trying to brainwash myself so that I will work harder for that goal or what but I truly believe that being on the lower side of normal weight will be better for my knees and running. And I love that newfound athletic side of myself so much that I really want to see how far I can take it.

And I do have one other semi-resolution - I want to put together a compilation of two serving, wheat-free, low-carb, sugar free desserts. I love having dessert, but I can't bake a pan of bars or I will overeat them. I want to create some recipes that let me enjoy sweets, but just enough that when dessert is over, they are gone.

I hope everyone is having a great New Years Day! Happy New Year everyone.

Jennifer 01-01-2011 10:22 AM

Happy New Year!

Can I join y'all?

I won't bore y'all with my many, many ups & downs on Atkins, it's enough to say that I'm the true definition of all-or-nothing, and a human yo-yo. When I'm on I'm on, when I'm off I'm OFF.

For now my goal is just to not binge. My birthday is 1/11, so I never start my New Year's diet until the 12th anyway, but I feel so out of control right now. As long as I can stay binge free I'll feel much better, even if I'm not 100% on plan.

Teresa123 01-01-2011 10:30 AM

Happy New Year Val!

Yes---Ross says that you only do this for a period of time although so far it's not super clear to me how long or exactly what symptoms to watch for for each of the various aminos I'm taking. I know with the l-tyrosine it's jittery/hyper kind of symptoms, but otherwise she isn't very specific. In some places she says take the full bottle (which a bottle could be 20 days or 6 months, depending on size and dosage :rolleyes:) and then d/c and see if you need them anymore. Other places she says 3-6, 3-9 or 3-12 months....so I'm just not sure. I'm only 1/2 way through the Mood Cure so maybe it will become clearer when I'm done. I think I have enough of everything to get through another 2-3 months so I guess I will just keep it up until then unless I start feeling crappy....then try to figure out what to do. I have been trying to adjust the ones that are related to sleeping but I can't quite get it right---either waking up groggy like I've slept forever, or not getting as much sleep as I think I could/should. But I don't want to complain too much about that because I am actually sleeping more than 2-3 hours a night! :clap: I would however like to figure out a happy medium at some point.

As far as the recipes---if you need a recipe splitter, let me know. Kathy shared one last year that I tucked away somewhere and it's very handy for getting recipes down to small servings. The problem with small servings always seems to be the eggs--everything else is easily broke down. But you can always buy powdered eggs which last a long time and would make it much easier.

As far as 140 goes---of course you can get there, unless that is an unhealthy weight for your body? For me that was verging on too thin but I'm very muscular and I must have really heavy bones or something. :confused: I don't look 'skinny' at that weight because I'm just not built to ever be skinny....but there were lots of bones sticking out in not so healthy ways. :blush: I did at that time however have a few more lbs of skin on me than I do now so maybe it would be different, and maybe if I had stayed at that weight for a little longer things would have re-distributed :confused:....I think when I get closer to that range I will hopefully be able to figure it out and I'm sure you will be able to as well. :)

Good goal on the e-mail.....that was what I worked on pretty much all day yesterday and I still didn't even get near done with cleaning everything out. I hate e-mail. :mad:

OK, back to work doing something....I think I might work on organizing my kitchen cabinets. :eek::rolleyes::laugh:

Teresa123 01-01-2011 10:34 AM

Jennifer?! From the 'Win' threads (shoot, can't remember the name of it anymore--but with Dream, Lisa, Kate, etc). Is that you?! Welcome!! :hugs: Of course you can join us!!

So how is life? Any big plans for your Birthday?

vee716 01-01-2011 01:00 PM

Hi Jennifer, welcome!

Teresa - no urgency, but if you happen to find that recipe splitter, I'd really love it! Thanks!

gynx8467 01-01-2011 04:07 PM

Happy New years everyone.Hope you all have had a great one. Mine has been good. I am going to make some spiced nuts for tonight and have taco salad (minus the shell of course). I am so excited about starting a new year.

Has anyone ever read the New Atkins for a new you? What do you think of it. DH bought it for me but I haven't even had time to start it yet.

Hey Val, Jennifer, Anyone else.:hiya::hiya:

Teresa123 01-01-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Anyone else
Hey, since when am I just 'anyone else?' :annoyed::cry::laugh:

Glad you're having a nice holiday! :cool: You'll have to let us know what recipe you end up using for the spiced nuts and how they turn out. :)

I skimmed a few bits and pieces of the New Atkins book when I was on the l.c. cruise (Lisa won one). Definitely some interesting info in there. I think it will work for people who can structure themselves/their plan without a lot of problem and if they have a pretty good understanding of lc and what works for them. For people who need structure I suspect it might not work so well, at least initially. But that's just my take on it after reading very little. That said next time I'm at the 1/2 Price Bookstore I'll have to look for one of those---I figure the more info the better, I always pick up something that rings true for me in pretty much any lc eating plan.

I have been the little domestic bee today. A little cleaning, a little organizing and even some more baking! :eek: Not sure what's got into me but I hope it continues. :)

Teresa123 01-01-2011 06:23 PM

Here you go Val. :)

Recipe Ingredient Conversion Calculator

gynx8467 01-01-2011 06:45 PM

:hiya:Hey Teresa:blush::hyst:

I made the LC candied nut recipe and it was delish. Thanks I didn't have any nutmeg so I used a little allspice. I was still good however.

Teresa123 01-01-2011 07:47 PM

Glad they turned out! What kind of nuts did you use?

Have any of you tried this recipe before? If not---I highly recommend it! I'm glad someone bumped it up because I had forgotten about it and haven't made it for a long time. Think I'm going to have to get some cabbage tomorrow. :)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...le-oh-yum.html

vee716 01-01-2011 09:01 PM

Thanks for the recipe converter, Teresa! Much appreciated.

And though it sounds delicious, the "cheesy, bacon" part of the title leads me to believe that it might be a little high calorie for me right now! LOL!

It's been a very quiet day here. DH is a little under the weather so he's grumpy & miserable as all hell. As long as I can fight the urge to smack him upside the head, it should stay quiet. I think he's in bed for the night.

I had planned to have a diet day today. It was sort of a medium day. I didn't quite stay as low calorie as I had hoped, but then I'm starting to realize that's rarely possible on the weekend. I'm best to stick with Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I think I'm going to write a book, the MWF Diet! LOL! I'm also starting to think about the fact that as I lose more weight, my maintenance calories will be less than they were at the higher weight. I think I'm going to have to come to terms with the idea that some of the changes I've made recently, like cutting out nuts and snacking on cheese might have to be cut out permanently, or at least treated as treats instead of daily snack choices.

I've been lurking a lot in the JUDDD thread on this forum. I'm not really JUDDD'ing, but it's very similiar.

Jennifer 01-02-2011 10:35 AM

I may have to rethink my easing slowly back into Atkins plan. I didn't binge yesterday, but 1/2 bag of Crawtators, a Milky Way, rice, mimosas & a s/f vanilla latte aren't helping me. OK, so now that I typed all that out, it looks binge-y doesn't it? Crap. :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa123 (Post 14219843)
Jennifer?! From the 'Win' threads (shoot, can't remember the name of it anymore--but with Dream, Lisa, Kate, etc). Is that you?! Welcome!! :hugs: Of course you can join us!!

So how is life? Any big plans for your Birthday?

It's me! I didn't know if you'd remember me. I'm still struggling with binging & trying to get/keep the weight off, but I'm not giving up.
Things are going well. Just got a promotion at work which was a nice ego boost, but now reality has set in & I'm a big binging ball of stress.
We're going to New Orleans (hometown)for my birthday :cool: Our Christmas trip was a quickie & we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to, so we're spending 4 days there this time.
How are things with you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynx8467 (Post 14220965)
Has anyone ever read the New Atkins for a new you? What do you think of it. DH bought it for me but I haven't even had time to start it yet.

I have it but haven't read it. I want to get the new Gary Taubes book too.

gynx8467 01-02-2011 11:04 AM

Oh man Teresa that recipe looks awesome. All of my favorites, chicken, cheese and cabbage. YUM YUM!!!!

I have the book but can't seem to get time to read it. Maybe later. The kids are all here with their respective others and babies. Kind of crazy with all the people.

Have done well eating so far but it is only 1pm.:hyst::hyst::cry: Had a late breakfast. Didn't do so well yesterday. UGH!!!

healthylowcarbin 01-02-2011 03:22 PM

Hi enerybody!

marking my spot
be back later

Happy New Year to all!

Jennifer 01-02-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynx8467 (Post 14223378)
Oh man Teresa that recipe looks awesome. All of my favorites, chicken, cheese and cabbage. YUM YUM!!!!

And bacon! Don't forget about the bacon!!!

gynx8467 01-02-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer (Post 14224364)
And bacon! Don't forget about the bacon!!!

Oh yeah looooovvvvveeee bacon.:hyst::hyst:

Oh yeah teresa I used pecans in my candied nuts.

I need to look up some cheap easy lc recipes for the next couple weeks. I am bored with some of my creations. :hyst:

Teresa123 01-03-2011 06:48 AM

Good morning---it's Monday! :clap::clap::clap:......:annoyed::rolleyes:

Jennifer---of course I remember you! :hugs: I'm in the same spot--struggling with binging/pigging out and trying to get/keep the weight off. :rolleyes: Will it ever end?! :confused::aprayer:

Congrats on the promotion! More moolah seems to always equal more stress. :annoyed: I wish I could find a job where someone would pay me just to hang out and do whatever I wanted all day! :laugh: I need to find a millionaire hubby. :)

Nothing new with me, sadly....same ole, same ole. :rolleyes: I am getting ready to go to Vegas for the first time ever the end of next week (still have to buy my ticket :eek:). Since I love to eat and gamble and I love the night life---I will probably come back broke, 10lbs up and exhausted! But you only live once, right?! :rolleyes::laugh::rolleyes:

Jen---yes, try that casserole, it's great! There is also one somewhere by Alliecat where you use ground beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese (with cabbage and veggies)---also great! So what kinds of things do you like? There are all kinds of cheap casseroles and meals out there. Tell me what you have to work with and I'm sure I can find something. :)

Val---yes, lots of calories but the casserole might work well for a maintenance day. :) Hope DH is feeling better.

I've wanted to try the JUDDD plan but those low calorie days sounded way to tough for me. :blush: Your 'version' of it sounds way more realistic. Have you checked out maintenance cals for a lower weight? I've found that there really isn't as big a difference as I thought. Although I'm still not sure why I can't eat all the food I want and just stay at a healthy weight. :annoyed::laugh:

Liz---get back here and tell us all about your New Years! Since I did nothing fun at all I need to live vicariously through someone! :rolleyes::laugh:

Well, I suppose I should go get something done....first business day of the new year---woohoo. :rolleyes:

gynx8467 01-03-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa123 (Post 14226076)
Jen---yes, try that casserole, it's great! There is also one somewhere by Alliecat where you use ground beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese (with cabbage and veggies)---also great! So what kinds of things do you like? There are all kinds of cheap casseroles and meals out there. Tell me what you have to work with and I'm sure I can find something. :)

Oh I am not really pickyI like lots of things, just need cheap and easy.

Teresa123 01-03-2011 07:22 AM

OK, you gotta give me something to work with! :annoyed::laugh:

But for starters---how about some kind of egg casserole? You can make a weeks worth of breakfast with one of those. For dinners how about White Castle Pie (or one of Linda Sue's many delightful casseroles) with green beans cooked in bacon grease (put bacon in the egg casserole or other recipes and use the grease for cooking the green beans)? Lunch---how about celery with chicken or tuna salad? Or you can make lots of different soups relatively cheap. You could make more nuts or actually cheesecake muffins would be cheaper for snacks/desserts. Do you like greek yogurt? You can make it relatively cheaply just using plain yogurt---makes a great breakfast, dessert or snack with some yummy things added to it.

Have you done your grocery shopping for the week yet? If not, get what's on sale and/or cheap and I'm sure we can come up with all kinds of things for ya. :)

gynx8467 01-03-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa123 (Post 14226208)
OK, you gotta give me something to work with! :annoyed::laugh:

But for starters---how about some kind of egg casserole? You can make a weeks worth of breakfast with one of those. For dinners how about White Castle Pie (or one of Linda Sue's many delightful casseroles) with green beans cooked in bacon grease (put bacon in the egg casserole or other recipes and use the grease for cooking the green beans)? Lunch---how about celery with chicken or tuna salad? Or you can make lots of different soups relatively cheap. You could make more nuts or actually cheesecake muffins would be cheaper for snacks/desserts. Do you like greek yogurt? You can make it relatively cheaply just using plain yogurt---makes a great breakfast, dessert or snack with some yummy things added to it.

Have you done your grocery shopping for the week yet? If not, get what's on sale and/or cheap and I'm sure we can come up with all kinds of things for ya. :)

I plan on doing some major shopping on friday, ok the one thing I really don't like is lots of eggs. :sick::hyst: Sorry. Love any kind of veggies mostly and as far as meat goes, like most of that too. I have been craving lots of beef lately (maybe missing something there). DS made a nice stir fry last night. I would like some good cassarole recipes tho. thanks

vee716 01-03-2011 07:30 PM

Jenn, I wish I could help, my go-to meals are egg based, quiche and pizza eggs. Pizza eggs is kind of my own creation, an omelette made of two eggs with a little pizza sauce and mozzarella and oregano in the middle. If I'm really lazy, I just scramble the eggs and put the sauce on top and melt the cheese on the whole thing.

Teresa - working sucks, doesn't it? We were technically off today but I'm in accounting, this week is my busiest time of the year, I was in for most of the day. I'm actually looking into trying to see if I could get a job working from home doing something I love all day. I've always wanted to help people lose weight, and you know the whole diet, nutrition, fitness thing is my hobby, like you, so I'm looking into weight loss coaching. I'm doing some training in coaching skills and techniques and I'm working three different people who have agreed to be non-paying clients. Hopefully I will learn & practice and develop my coaching skills and they will get something out of it as well. Wouldn't it be a great job? I'm kind of excited about the possibility.

My diet or down day didn't work well today. I was hungry at work and stressed (never a good combination) and started to eat almonds. I had an Atkins bar on the way to my Mom's for dinner, by then I sort of gave up. I'll do a down day tomorrow.

gynx8467 01-04-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vee716 (Post 14229201)
Jenn, I wish I could help, my go-to meals are egg based, quiche and pizza eggs. Pizza eggs is kind of my own creation, an omelette made of two eggs with a little pizza sauce and mozzarella and oregano in the middle. If I'm really lazy, I just scramble the eggs and put the sauce on top and melt the cheese on the whole thing.

Thanks Val. You know that kind of sounds good, I made a wrap with eggs and taco meat and salsa. Not too bad just can't do it every day.

healthylowcarbin 01-04-2011 09:03 AM

Good morning!

Sorry I've been MIA. DH had a week off and we had a rare opportunity to spend time together.:) Nothing fancy or exciting....did some decluttering & runs to donate to goodwill and a few trips to the outlet malls and costco. WOOHOO...such party animals:laugh:

JENNIFER...:welcome: I hope you come back and decide to post more! I saw your Saints avi and then your mention of "crawtaters" ....I'm a New Orleans' native!!! :hiya::hiya::hiya: I hope you have a GREAT time for your birthday trip to NO. Do you have any particular plans?
CONGRATS on the promotion:high5:

JEN (gynx)...there were some really good threads here at LCF for eating low carb on the cheap. I tried to find them for you but didn't see them. I remember there were some good ideas. I'll look later if I get time.

One of the best ways to save $$$ on low carb is to get the discounted meat. I ask the meat dept what day/times they generally mark down the meat. I've gotten some incredible deals on beef/lamb.
Chicken leg/thighs go on sale here for about 49 cents per lb. A 10lb bag of those dudes goes a long way. I usually bake 2 trays at once and/or cook in chicken broth. I then pick off the meat for casseroles, chicken salads, etc... The meat works really well in the casserole Teresa posted. That cheesy cabbage bake thing is delish

I've also combined the cooked thigh meat with a jar of low carb alfredo sauce and served over green beans/ shredded cabbage/ broc slaw/ spaghetti squash etc... very quick and delicious.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Many of Linda Sue's chicken casserole dishes can be made with thigh meat instead of breast.

I hope that helps:hugs:

TERESA...:clap::clap::clap: I see the Vegas avi!!! I'm excited for you!!! Did you get your hotel yet? Do you have any specific plans yet????
I really wish the trip we spoke about last year could have worked out.:(
I love vegas! You're going for a wedding, right?

Quote:

Liz---get back here and tell us all about your New Years! Since I did nothing fun at all I need to live vicariously through someone!
sorry to report that our New Year's plans fell through. First we had car troubles (DH's fancy stoopid vehicle needs a new computer module:annoyed:). We then planned to hit a charitable event here in town and I got some kind of stomach funk virus thing:mad: So please DON'T live vicariously thru ME:rofl:

But can I live vicariously thru YOU for the Vegas trip??? Please share details....
You are gonna have SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!

healthylowcarbin 01-04-2011 09:14 AM

Whew...I just had to run upstairs to check on some pans of chicken. I put them on to bake and came down to post. I'm glad I didn't burn them.

VEE...
Quote:

As far as weight & food go, I'm already on the path I want to continue. I lost a little over 10 lbs in November/December, and that was on top of the 4 lbs of carb bloat I got rid of before starting officially dieting. My goal is to keep losing a pound a week. What has been working is my MWF (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) dieting with on plan maintenance days on the other days with a free meal once a week. I'm going to ride that plan until I hit a wall.

sounds like a good plan. CONGRATS on your losses!

Quote:

I don't know if I'm trying to brainwash myself so that I will work harder for that goal or what but I truly believe that being on the lower side of normal weight will be better for my knees and running. And I love that newfound athletic side of myself so much that I really want to see how far I can take it.

Do you still run? Wow...I wish I could find an athletic side to me.

Teresa123 01-04-2011 09:37 AM

Morning! Crazy day already. New system for the new year and I can't quite figure it out. :confused::annoyed:

Liz---bummer on New Years but I'm glad you got to spend some time with DH! The pic in my avi is where we're staying---the Wynn.

Wynn Las Vegas, Hotel and Casino - Las Vegas

Sounds like total luxury! :clap: I still haven't bought my tickets yet! :eek: Checked this morning and the prices were down about 80 bucks from yesterday so I don't know if I should hold out a couple more days or buy today.....decisions, decisions. Still expensive though. :annoyed: I always hear about people getting cheap tickets to Vegas but I've been watching for months and 300 bucks (with fees) is about as cheap as I've seen. :rolleyes: Yes, going for my cousins wedding. Somehow I keep forgetting the wedding part---I'm all about the fun! :laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

Jen---yep, what Liz said. I watch for specials on meat and as a result have a freezer full. :blush: Linda Sue's site is definitely the best for finding all kinds of great lc stuff. And to me, casseroles and soups are the way to go. I can make a few things on Sunday and be set for the week. :)

Val---wow, that's exciting that you're thinking about a career change!! You would be great at weight loss counseling/coaching! :clap: That would definitely be interesting and a good way to use your passion! One of my friends from HS owns a weight loss clinic. She is constantly posting little tidbits and of course advertising her business on FB. I think it's a low fat/calorie kind of thing though so I never pay much attention to her stuff. :blush::laugh:

OK--back to trying to figure out this new system. :annoyed:

gynx8467 01-04-2011 10:29 AM

Thanks Liz, Teresa great ideas. I will check out the meats.

I just found out that my oldest DS is moving back home. UGH!!!! But I asked him if he wanted to do LC with me and he asked his wife and they are going to try it. :clap::clap:

They are big pasta eaters so they are a little nervous but at least I won't be in a houseful of people doing this alone. And they can help buy the groceries.:clap::clap: DS is a neat freak so my house will stay clean.

Kind of nervous and excited at the same time. Hope it goes well.