LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 AM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning all!

Liz---I wish I had 20 zuchs to use!! For savory, here's a few things that I've had before.

1. slice thin and coat in egg/cream mix and then dip in parm/herb (and other 'flours' if you want) mix and bake or fry
2. zoodles!!! with homemade alfredo or sauteed in olive oil and garlic and topped w/parm or maybe even with spaghetti sauce although I haven't tried that before
3. cut into 'sticks' and make into fries
4. zuch lasagna
5. zuch augratin (just use zuch instead of potatos)
6. shred and add some to just about any soup or casserole

Any that you can't use up shred, squeeze out excess water and freeze in small bags/containers (basically however much you would want to pull out for a recipe).

I have been making an apple bread recipe that I converted to lc. I sometimes will add some apple if I have it but mostly have been using shredded zuch and some nsa applesauce and it is fantastic!! I've also made zuch sauce before although the greenish color is kind of a turn off! I've made a zuch cobbler before although if I remember right I either mixed in some chaote or apple with it but not sure that was necessary. I've also thrown small amounts into other recipes---brownies, pancakes, basically any baked good. Kevinpa has several recipes for zuchs if you check out his thread in the sticky section of the recipe threads you'll probably find something tasty.

Vicki---what the heck is FTDD and why are you doing it?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Good morning!

I won't be around too much this weekend because DH is home and will be hawging the computer to do WORK Poor guy took time "off" call so he could catch up on other work.

I had a good day yesterday re. food. I have to say a big THANKS to Teresa for the mentions of aminos being helpful! I took a glutamine and it really seemed to help me cut cravings and appetite. I'm not sure if it was a "placebo" effect...but whatever works

TERESA...thank you for those zucchini ideas! All of them sound tasty. If you get a chance I'd love to see the recipe for apple bread

VICKI...GOOD LUCK! I know you can and will do any plan with success! Are you still doing TOPS? I've considered going to a meeting.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Good morning all. The scales were my friend today. Don't know what happened. Down to 207.4

I didn't sleep good last night coughed all night long. UGH!! Ended up sleeping with half my body propped up on pillows. It worked.

Have a great day all.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Yay, Jennifer!

I've had to sleep like that sometimes, too. Usually with a bad cold or heartburn.

I keep forgetting to make zoodles, and I even went out and bought the julienne slicer/peeler to make them with. I definitely have to try that soon. I bought some Walden Farms alfredo sauce and I think the zoodles would be good in that.

I'm off to a fancy benefit dinner tonight! I'm kind of excited, I never go to these kinds of things (I couldn't afford the tickets or at least have much better things to spend that kind of money on) but a friend has tickets that her boss pawned off on her so I get to dress up, make DH dress up, go out and have a nice dinner and an evening of dancing! Well, there will be very little dancing, DH is not a dancer, but it will be fun. I'm not worrying about the food, I'm going to enjoy what's there. I'll have a small snack before we leave to take the edge off my hunger so I'm not overeating, but the theme is Viva Italia, and I plan to enjoy some Italian themed food, carbs and all.

I went to a spin class today! It was great, a good workout. I think I'll plan to go to that class every Saturday morning. I'm hoping to do a Try-A-Tri this year. That's the very short version of the triathlon for beginners and I need to do the cycling training for it. This class is perfect until the weather gets better and I can get out on a bicycle. I have to start swimming soon too.

I've been getting a little bit of a bad reaction (a little light-headed and slightly nauseous feeling) after taking my morning supplements lately. I never used to get that feeling and I take my aminos at the same time. I'm wondering if the aminos are starting to work against me. I seem to remember the book saying that if you have replenished what your body needs with the aminos, then you can have reactions to taking them if you don't need them. I've been taking them for a few months, maybe I don't need them anymore? I think I'll drop them for a while and see if the symptoms go away when I take the rest of my supplements. It could also be that I'm taking them on an empty stomach, but I've always done that too, without a problem.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
Old 01-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Teresa,

Fast Track Detox Diet by Ann Louise Gittleman. I eat liver loving foods and other nonprocessed foods for 7 days, then I do a cranberry water one day fast and follow with 3 days of more unprocessed foods; organic if possible. I did this in July and had a huge wt loss. But, as you can see, I regained big time because I strayed way off plan.

Yes Liz, still going to TOPS. I hope you like it if you go.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:23 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning! ....yawn......

Jen---woohoo on those scales!! Are you feeling any better today? Are you taking your vitamins?

Liz---yay on your good eating day!! You know, a lot of people swear by the l-glut. Me, tried it many times over the years, even opening the cap and putting it under my tongue....did nothing for me. Same with HTP and various other aminos I tried. Actually HTP helped with sleep for a bit, but then seemed to stop working. It's amazing that I actually went to the trouble of getting all the aminos and doing the whole plan because my past experiences with the ones I had taken wasn't too impressive. But the whole thing together with the right foods---and I'm now a believer!!

I will try to find you the original recipe for the apple bread and then give you my tweaked version. It's always easiest for me to see the original so I can figure out how to tweak it the way I want to!

Vicki---gotcha--a detox/clense kind of thing. Does not sound like a bit of fun to me but I wish you well and hopefully it will clean and rev up your system!

Val---honestly it's still not clear to me when to stop the aminos, but if you feel different taking them now than you did before I would say it's a good time to experiment and either quit taking all or some of them. Please keep me posted because I really want to figure out how/when to stop them.

Hey---and what's this with taking vitamins on an empty stomach?! You probably already know this but I think you are probably just throwing your money down the drain.....without some food, specifically fat, those vitamins aren't doing anything for ya. Most are fat soluable. The aminos however should be taken on an empty stomach--I've read anywhere from 30-45 minutes before a meal containing protein or 2 hours after.

Good for you on the spin class and the Try a Tri (never heard of that before). Hope you had fun at dinner last night! I have yet another of those darn celebration lunches coming up---which I thought were done but I actually have 2 more to go---and one is at a really nice Italian place. I like pasta but if I'm going to waste cals and carbs on something that really wouldn't be my choice.

Went to my eye appt and he said I don't have an infection, just a little irritation and it should clear up in a couple of days, and that seems to be the case. Good news, one of my eyes is better---eye sight wise; bad news---it's cause I'm getting old and it means my close up/reading vision is getting worse. Oh joy joy.

I pretty much accomplished nothing yesterday. Eye appt, WalMart (where I forgot some of the things I needed), grocery store (where I totally forgot the main thing I was there to get). Hmmm, yet more symptoms of getting old. I did a little work at home but mostly spent the afternoon trying to find somewhere to order some barley flour and flakes from that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg for shipping. When I would find a place they would have one and not the other. I finally found a pretty good site---shipping was more than I wanted to pay but their prices were good so it's probably a wash. They had every kind of flour you could think of and many that I had no clue existed---sweet potato flour, pea flour, mesquite flour, etc. etc. I spent a lot of time looking all these things up to see glycemic index, how to use them, recipes, etc. Basically I was procrastinating on getting some real work done :blush: but it was fun checking all the stuff out. I ended up getting barley flour and flakes, quinoa flour (their's was way less than half what I pay for it here) and white bean flour. I *think* the bean flour and quinoa or barley flour should work well together, and together they make a complete protein so that's a bonus. After much research I found out that other than the bean flour all of these only stay good for about 6 months---and that's only if in the freezer. So I couldn't order nearly as much as I wanted to. Oh well, just gives me an opportunity I guess to order again sooner and to try out some other ones.

Now, for todays procrastination event I need to get an order in for Netrition....I actually started with that yesterday and got sidetracked. Let's see how many hours I can waste on their site just checking everything out! And if anyone has any tried and true favorite things that they order from there---let me know. I usually mostly buy supplies---like erythritol and baking stuff---but I always allow myself 1 'treat' when I order so I'm thinking this time I might get the sf nutella stuff....can't remember the name. Full of maltitol and junk but it looks tasty.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:22 AM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz----here's the original recipe:

Praline-Apple Bread Recipe | MyRecipes.com

I make half the recipe and put it in a snack size cake pan, although mini loafs, muffin pans, etc. would work as well. Here is my recipe:

4 oz sour cream
1/2 cup E w/1/8th t stevia (I've also subbed in some coconut palm or other brown sugar subs for part of the 1/2 c E)
1 egg
1.5 t vanilla
1 cup flour (1/2 cup quinoa and 1/2 cup oat flour---have also used carbolose for the oat flour--both work well)
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
pinch of salt
I add some cinnamon and/or cake spice
small zuch shredded/grated---this is probably about 1 1/3 cups, although I don't really measure.

When I've used a fresh zuch, I don't squeeze out the water, just used as is. When I've used the frozen zuch--since I have already squeezed the water out there isn't enough liquid so I add a small thing of nsa applesauce.

I think the author of this recipe is right---the sour cream is a big key in giving this a good rise. I also think the kind of flour you use is important too. I've made recipes with sour cream in them with nut flours or CQ and they never end up with this kind of result.

I've made several types of frosting for this but I think just a basic cream cheese is the best. It doesn't need frosting though---good just plain---but since it doesn't have a lot of fat on it's own, I added some.

All this talk of quinoa----I've been meaning to buy quinoa pasta and try it out and yesterday found it on sale. Well---when I actually looked at the ingredients the first one was corn flour. I have nothing against corn---love it----but I don't think it loves me so I try to only eat it in small doses. But what a bummer on the pasta.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa - I don't have quinoa flour, but I have quinoa grain that I've tried as a grain and hate, so it's going to waste. Do you think I can just put the quinoa grain in the food processor, grind it up and use it as flour?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep, that should work. I don't know much about food processors....got one for Christmas and still haven't used it yet. But I know you can do it in a coffee grinder or magic bullet so I would think a food processor would work--probably even better.

From what I've read and remember, you can pretty much sub 1/2 the regular flour out of a recipe with quinoa flour pretty safely and get good results, and you can totally sub it in some recipes. Because it is higher protein it won't work as a 1:1 sub for all things. Also--keep in mind that if you are subbing out nut flour for a recipe nut flours are typically subbed at 2:1, i.e. you use 2x as much nut flour as regular flour. Since this is like regular flour if a recipe called for 2 cups of almond flour you would use 1 cup of this---or preferably 1/2 cup of quinoa flour and 1/2 cup of oat or something else. Hmmm, hopefully that makes sense!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Slept less last night than the night before. Coughed all night even sitting up. UGH!!! No change on the scales today so that is ok.

I am not taking vitamins right now because I am out of them. I will try to get some on friday. They do help.

Have a great day all.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen---sorry on the sucky night of sleep. Glad you will be getting some more vitamins---maybe grab some extra vitamin C while you are at it! Hope you feel better soon!

OK---for all you tea drinking health nut kind of people out there.....is there such a thing as too much tea? I don't typically drink the ones with caffeine, mostly decaf green and herbals.....but I have been drinking it pretty much non-stop the last couple of weeks because it's been so cold. Just wondering if there is a down side to that? My grandma, who was quite healthy (and thin) drank gun powder green tea (hot) all day long pretty much all of her adult life and lived until....gosh, either 97 or 98. But I'm thinking there might be a big dif between the kind of tea she drank and what I drink.....plus I heat up my water in the microwave, she always used a tea kettle. Hmmmm......anyway, just wondering if there is such a thing as 'too much' when it comes to hot tea.

Well---off to make another cup!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

I don't drink tea, Teresa, sorry, can't help.

Good to know on the quinoa. I do have a magic bullet, so I'll use that. And does oat flour work the same way? Just grind up old fashioned oats?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #253
Big Yapper!!!!

You know, I'm not sure about the oats. Since they have already been flattened....I think, and rolled, not sure if they would turn out like flour or not. It is the same thing---I mean there is no difference between the flour and the flakes, I'm just not sure how they would grind up? But if you have some, it's definitely worth a try. If not, oat flour is dirt cheap and at least around here you can find it in most grocery stores and certainly at health food stores.

Oh---and when using the magic bullet, I always use a sieve when I grind anything in there because it doesn't grind evenly---then put the not so well ground stuff back in the bullet with the next round cause it always takes me several rounds to grind up enough of anything. It's kind of a pain, but when you already have the quinoa and it's just going to waste it will be worth the time.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Jen---sorry on the sucky night of sleep. Glad you will be getting some more vitamins---maybe grab some extra vitamin C while you are at it! Hope you feel better soon!

OK---for all you tea drinking health nut kind of people out there.....is there such a thing as too much tea? I don't typically drink the ones with caffeine, mostly decaf green and herbals.....but I have been drinking it pretty much non-stop the last couple of weeks because it's been so cold. Just wondering if there is a down side to that? My grandma, who was quite healthy (and thin) drank gun powder green tea (hot) all day long pretty much all of her adult life and lived until....gosh, either 97 or 98. But I'm thinking there might be a big dif between the kind of tea she drank and what I drink.....plus I heat up my water in the microwave, she always used a tea kettle. Hmmmm......anyway, just wondering if there is such a thing as 'too much' when it comes to hot tea.

Well---off to make another cup!
that's a great question re. tea. It is a ? I have also pondered. From what I have read the main concern would be excessive caffeine. Since you do mostly decaf and herbal that is not an issue for you. I have read that you can significantly decrease the caffeine content of tea by doing a 2nd steep. Let the bag steep, throw out that tea and pour fresh water over the bag. Most of the caffeine is released with the first steep.

WHFoods: Green tea

fantastic article on green tea. So many incredible health benefits.

The only drawbacks I've read, other than caffeine, are to do with flouride content of some green teas.

When I drink a lot of tea I try to drink different brands. If any one brand has a high flouride or other yucky stuff content I won't get as much. i try to do this with any food/beverage that I consume frequently. You never know the real quality of any food stuff so I try to spread out my risk

I also try to stick to organic green teas. Whole foods has a 365 brand organic tea with a few different flavors that is reasonably priced. I think it is about $3 for 48 bags
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA....Thank you SO much for that recipe! It sounds incredible. I'm saving it to try soon. I tried to make a zucchini chocolate peanut butter muffin without a recipe. hahahaha EPIC FAIL.....even DH wouldn't eat those things and he would eat a can of dog food if I put chocolate on top

I love to be creative and experiment when I cook. 99% of the time it comes out pretty well. This was in the 1% catagory

I also made cheesy zucchini fritters which came out very tasty

JEN...hope you feel better. You deserve a break

VAL... how was the fancy benefit? Did you get to dance much? I hope you had a wonderful time!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

teresa...Im really glad your eye os ok what a relief

I also need to do a netrition order today. What kind of extras are you interested in? ive got lots of faves
im trying to type on ipad sorry for typos
bbl

eta...re netrition....Ive found some great products by doing a searc under low carb products. when the results come up i sort it by highest customer ratings
I know if a product haslots og high reviews that I will probably like it.

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-30-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah, forgot about zuch fritters.....I made those once with Kevinpa's recipe although I think he called them something different, and no cheese that I recall......OK, so I need that recipe please.

As far as Netrition, just want to hear some ideas for good stuff. That site is so huge and even when I go to the low carb stuff it's just kind of overwhelming!! Anyway, I love to try lc junk food, snacks, easy to make stuff....especially when it's from somewhere that I only order from a few times a year---that way I don't have to worry about getting it too often. :blush: And if there are baking types of things I always like to hear about those.

I saw that they now have copella (sp?) flavor drops. I have been wanting to get the graham cracker flavor for a loooong time but never wanted to order because that's really the only one I'm interested in. Anyway--they have it so I'm going to try to make some kind of graham crackers and use the sf nutella (can't remember what they call that stuff) on top. If the crackers work out I also already have sf marshmallows and of course sf chocolate....so I'm thinking s'mores.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #258
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I have been listening to an Overeater's Anonymous DVD of a speaker discussing abstinence. I really need to try 301: 3 meals a day with nothing in between one day at a time. Today is my first day and I can't stop thinking of food and what I am going to have when it is meal time again. Now to get over the obsession . . . . .
Old 01-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I have been listening to an Overeater's Anonymous DVD of a speaker discussing abstinence. I really need to try 301: 3 meals a day with nothing in between one day at a time. Today is my first day and I can't stop thinking of food and what I am going to have when it is meal time again. Now to get over the obsession . . . . .
Wow it is such a crazy mind game, isn't it. Seems if we could just convince our minds to cooperate we would all be skinny.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
VICKI...
I'm sorry you're struggling. I've felt like that so many times.

For the past few days I've felt an incredible relief from the constant food thoughts. I noticed a big difference within a couple of hours of taking glutamine. I'm not sure if it is a placebo effect
I know Teresa has had some really good results also with other aminos/supps

I don't know if that can help you or not. Just know that we are here for you.

TERESA...I'll be back in a bit to post some of my favorite netrition goodies. DH is hawging the desktop computer. I'll get a chance to post when he eats
Old 01-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

Well hurry up and go feed DH so you can post!!

This looks great!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...to-gratin.html

This is going on my must try list! It makes a huge pan so I would cut it down significantly. Too bad I can't get delicata until Fall, because I think you could sub out the sweet potatoes with that and significantly reduce the carbs. Oh well, they're all good carbs.

OK--now to finally go read the info on Green Tea that I meant to get back to hours ago.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

OK, now I'm not so concerned about my non-stop tea drinking! As a matter of fact, I will make sure that I get in at least 5 cups of green tea per day, on top of my other herbal teas. And I had no clue that black, green and oolong all came from the same tree. I wonder where white tea comes from? Also didn't know it helped with insulin resistance and fat loss---hmmmm, maybe I should crank it up to 10 cups a day! And of course that it helps prevent all kinds of other illnesses and diseases is great, but hey, fat loss is what most caught my attention! :blush:
Old 01-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH took his dinner to the computer to continue working that man is a machine.....he has some deadline to meet so I might not see the computer or him today

TERESA...re NETRITION........

They have good prices on some vitamins/supplements. I get my carlson fish oil from them. If you need any vits/supps you might check

SNACKS... If you like white chocolate Ross NSA white chocolate bars are excellent. Taste as good as the real thing and didn't give DH any GI issues

dixie diners instant pudding and mousse mixes are really good
no naspartame, the chocolate is great for making a quick and easy choc. pie or just as pudding

re. la nouba (nutella imposter)...we tried it, Reaction was --meh, pretty good but not great. Our GI reaction was NOT GOOD If you have malitol issues I would avoid

another option might be to make your own nutella.... using hazelnut flour, sweetner of choice and a bit of cocoa. I've done this and added some greek yogurt...very tasty and no GI effects. the hazelnut flour can be used for other things as well

I'm planning to try Judy's brand sugar free caramels. Lots of excellent reviews

Other items:
*walden farms thick and spicy BBQ sauce --0cals 0carbs
*teriyaki sauce seal sama brand(1 carb) quite tasty
*galeo miso dressing I could bathe in this stuff. Amazing flavor and 14 cals per tbsp 0.5carbs All of the reviewers also RAVE about this stuff...love the caesar and ginger wasabi (not spicy)
great for marinades, salads, veggies, or dipping

dreamfields lasagna noodles (can't find these in local grocery)

BAKING:
aluminum free baking powder (really high quality makes a difference imo)
ez sweetz
now almond flour 10oz $4.69 (better price than local)
bob mills hazelnut meal/flour

Lorann flavor drops ...great quality but need to order droppers if you buy these

I haven't tried the capella you mentioned ...I'll try those next

monin chocolate syrup (much prefer to davincis...thicker and has erythritol)
Plan to try monin blackberry syrup (kevinpa uses it for recipes and I've read many raves about the incredible flavor) I plan to use this with rhubarb, low carb pancakes, etc.....

sorry that is a bit hard to read. Let me see if I can post some links
Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Meal / Flour

Netrition's Ross Chocolates Prices

Dixie Diner Carb Counters Instant Pudding Mix

argh...having problems with the cut/paste on ipad. I need to get a better software
Let me know if there is anything you can't find

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-30-2011 at 05:36 PM..
Old 01-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot to list my most favorite thing.....diabeti sweet brown sugar flavor
no GI effects and fabulous flavor
works really well with baking

great for making toppings for pumpkin, squash type dishes/muffins or low carb cinnamon rolls
Old 01-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

I have ordered (or bought locally) just about all of those things....well, the sweet ones anyway! I had forgotten about the pudding mixes, I used to use those in my yocheese all the time. Might have to get some more.

Thanks for the heads up on the nutella stuff, think I'll skip that. I love hazelnut flour but also haven't used that for a long time so might get some and try making my own.

I have thought about getting the monin syrups before....so they really are different than the DaVinci's? I'll have to check and see if they are shipping those at this time of year, if not I'll have to wait until my next order.

And what does miso dressing taste like? If it's only 14 cals, what is in it exactly? All of my salad dressings are 100 cals per T, and I use lots! I'm afraid I would be starving if I used that. :blush:

Thanks for all the good input---now I have more stuff to go look at!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
I forgot to list my most favorite thing.....diabeti sweet brown sugar flavor
no GI effects and fabulous flavor
works really well with baking

great for making toppings for pumpkin, squash type dishes/muffins or low carb cinnamon rolls
Yep, I have that but now that I use yacon and some other stuff I kind of forget I have it. Here we can buy it at Super Target in the diabetic section. Wally World used to have it as well but they quit carrying it a couple of years ago.

Last edited by Teresa123; 01-30-2011 at 05:56 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning....

Huge deadline this Friday....blah....need to get busy so I don't miss it since I got little to nothing done this weekend. But then we have a little celebration Friday afternoon---well actually all day Friday, so at least have that to look forward to. And I'm buying the food so I will make sure there is lots of good stuff that I will eat.

Have a good day everyone, or if you're like me and hate Mondays, then try to at least have a tolerable day.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:36 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. It is going to be a crazy day today. Office is booked solid and my help is out today due to death in the family. UGH!!!

I didn't sleep good last night again, too much coughing. I took medicine but didn't help till about 1am. Yuck!!!

The scales are up some today. Not sure whats up with that.

Have a great day all. Hope to check in later.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:54 AM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Jen, sounds like you have a fun Monday too!

I think when you're sick your body is too busy focusing on getting you better to really lose weight. People lose water weight when sick, and if it's a prolonged sickness then maybe some fat but probably more muscle. Fat burning is really one of the last priorities for your body so when it's busy doing more important things, healthy weight loss just isn't going to happen. So---it's very important missy to take those vitamins, eat right, reduce stress (I know, easier said than done) and be healthy so your body has more time to focus on burning up fat!

OK---I know I should be working but just got updated on the weather for this week....I didn't watch the news at all this weekend so I had no clue. Apparently 2-4 inches today as well as some icy stuff, and 10-16 tomorrow with lots of wind, then windy and nasty on Weds. This week was already going to be a nightmare so this does not make me happy. And I start working out tomorrow after work and I really don't need a snow storm to give me an excuse not to go. :blush:
Closed Thread