Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hey everybody

I'm feeling a bit irritable today. Everything is annoying...I'm kinda glad my poor DH is working late so he doesn't get jabbed by my pitchfork....evil cackle....

I don't know if it is thanks to hormones, a full moon or maybe I'm turning into an evil werewolf

I think I'll blame the lab tech lady who started my mean mood. I had to get some blood drawn. She didn't give me anything to squeeze on or allow me a minute to dangle my arm (I have scared veins that must be encouraged to give up blood). She didn't even feel for my vein OR allow the alcohol to dry before sticking me (that makes it burn when you get stuck) She then dug around like she was mining for gold. OUCH!

I hope everyone else is having a good day!

JEN... I'm so glad you're having a better day!
Quote:
Dgson is feeling some better, however the pediatricians office called and said they have to redo some of the test because the lab did the wrong ones. UGH!!! WTH!!! Poor baby. I guess that is the reason for the break down, I know those babies need me and DH because their parents aren't ever going to grow up. UGH!!!

Yay that dgs is better...but what is it with these LAB PEOPLE?!?!?!

TERESA...
Quote:
OK---my boss is dead. He just brought me a peanut butter snickers actually, there is now a whole bag of them outside my office. If you hear of someone on the news being 'stoned to death' with peanut butter snickers, you'll know it's me. I wonder if they'll have internet access in prison?
WTH is your boss thinking? He must be related to those lab tech peeps!
Love your sense of humor. I didn't even know that "peanut butter snickers" existed. Sigh...snickers was one of my all time favorites..and also butterfingers. Sounds like they got married and had a child
Quote:

For hormonal stuff--are you taking lots of fish oils, eating wild caught fish and getting lots of sat fats? Can you tell---I'm reading the Mood Cure still! I think she is onto something with that though.... Another thing about that I found interesting---the big push for flax seed/oils and she says only about 1/3 of us are even capable of converting this into what we need from it. I'm not a big flax fan so I was glad to hear I don't need to try to work that into my diet anymore.

Oh, and you can clone me but you might piss a lot of people off that would rather there weren't even 1 of me!

Hope you're feeling better tonight!
thanks. I eat tons of salmon& sardines and I also supplement with carlson's fish oil. I've also read that about flax.
I'm thinking I need to reread the mood cure.

Quote:
So now I need to come up with a plan B. I have spent the last 2 years trying this or that---pretty much always in the low carb/whole foods realm as I do know that is where I need and want to be for life---but it seems that any level of restriction just sets off the binge and/or sugar monster. I'm tired of the yoyo thing, and I know it's just a matter of time before it spirals totally out of control. But I'm really not happy where I am right now. I just kind of feel trapped. I'm sure you're right, I have the answer in me somewhere.....time for some more soul searching I guess.

Just a thought...maybe you would be able to better tolerate some level of restriction while on the aminos?
I'm sorry you're feeling "trapped". I'm sure you'll find some answers

to everyone.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Good morning all. hope everyone is doing good. I did not get any snow yesterday and I am glad. I really needed to work this week. I have one more day to get a full paycheck.

DH has filled out most of his application for trucking school, not sure when he would start. I think it moves pretty quick from what I understand.

I have bronchitis and am feeling a little sick to my stomach today from all the drainage. but hey no more break downs.

Teresa how are you doing today. Any break throughs for you. Why does this weight have to be such a struggle.

BBL!!! Have a great day all.

239/195.2/145
Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning---it's finally Thursday!!

Val--I love the visualization idea!! Immediately when I read that I saw a little old lady (gosh, I hope it wasn't me in only 20 years cause that means I really am aging horribly ) just shaking her head and kind of chuckling saying I have wasted way too much of my life on this. Wow---is that true. :blush: When I have a chance I'll have to let my mind wander off again and see if she/they/whoever have any advice! I get way too trapped in my head and the scientific part of everything and kind of forget about the other aspects I need to consider. Binging and turning to sugar might be the way the rest of my 'being' rebels and says it needs to be considered with some of this experimentation I do.

Jen---truck driving is a good gig. And it seems like after they put in their time they usually can find more local routes so with time it could be a really good deal. I always forget you live in such a small community---it does cut down on some options but keep looking for resources for whatever your needs are, I truly believe they are out there. The United Way is always a good resource for what is available---it is my favorite charitable organization and I believe they do a lot of good things for peeps.

Good for you for putting your foot down!! You deserve everyones respect and cooperation---you are doing them all a huge favor and they need to be incredibly grateful and appreciative of that every single day!

Liz---ohhh, I've had that tech before---that sucks! Hope you aren't all bruised up today.

The boss is still alive and I did not eat the snickers/butterfinger baby! Actually I suspect it was more of a snickers/reeses baby.....2 of my favorites.

You know, I haven't really tried to just moderately cut back on cals or carbs since being on the aminos---why didn't I think of that?! There were a few times during the first month where I got way off track with sugar and I would try to immediately restrict a bit on either cals/carbs or not eat breakfast---that kind of thing---and it always backfired on me. But there are lots of reasons for that including that once I have a decent amount of sugar the aminos don't seem to work for me and it takes a couple of days to get back to that feel good spot. So anyway, maybe I just need to give myself a couple of weeks of 'feel good' time and then work on moderately cutting back some on carbs/cals.....hmmmm, we'll see what the old lady I visualized has to say about that!

Yesterday went fine with eating---stayed with almost all induction types of foods but just more of the veggies and dairy, less of the protein.....and I totally feel better. My body just doesn't like a lot of meat, or more specifically I think it just doesn't do well with those types of ratios. I can and sometimes do eat a lot of meat (think Vegas) but when I do it's balanced out with lots of other stuff---not just a bunch of fat and a few carbs---but moderate fat (ok, probably high when compared to what the fitness/health gurus suggest) and moderate carbs. It's a lesson I've learned several times---maybe this time I'll just respect it and not try that again.

Tomorrow I have my fitness assessment at the gym! I've decided not to do the Challenge but I'm going to have them put together a nice mellow all over type of toning/strengthening program for me that I can do 2-3 times a week--maybe 30 minutes per session. If I go crazy and try to do more I will burn out quick and give up on exercise again for awhile....so I'm trying to think moderation here. Wow---moderation....what a concept!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Teresa - I'm glad you like the idea! And your old lady isn't a "prediction" just a "guide"! I haven't met you in person, but I have this feeling that you probably look *way* younger than you are. It's all that enthusiastic energy you exude!

I'm doing okay this morning. I'd been trying to have a down (diet) day yesterday, but it didn't take. Another lesson - no back to back down days. I ended up eating more than if I'd just done my normal maintenance day. No matter, I'm having a down day today. The scale has been hitting the number 170 lately, 170.1 yesterday, 170.3 today. I'm hoping, crossing my fingers, to see a 169 tomorrow! I haven't seen the 160s since 2009!

Not that it matters if it's tomorrow, if it isn't, it will be next week. I can't remember what brought up the thought this morning, but it hit me that as long as I don't stop trying, I will get there eventually. I've been focused since November, as long as I keep that focus, I *will* get there, even if it's slower than I want.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee716 View Post
Not that it matters if it's tomorrow, if it isn't, it will be next week. I can't remember what brought up the thought this morning, but it hit me that as long as I don't stop trying, I will get there eventually. I've been focused since November, as long as I keep that focus, I *will* get there, even if it's slower than I want.

That is so right, as long as we're trying we aren't quitting.

I have been trying to eat bf before I leave the house in the morning. Yesterday I had scrambled eggs and they were really good. This morning I had scrambled eggs and they gagged me. That is how I do , I can eat eggs a couple times but then I just can't make myself eat them. Need to make ahead some chicken or something for bf. Out of bacon, need bacon
Old 01-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Mmm.... bacon.....

I love bacon and never make it. I'm not sure why.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi guys, wow, I don't come here for a couple of days and I'm lost. You guys ARE chatty. That's good though. I'm not even going to try to catch up doing personals. I'm just going to jump in and post so BIG HUGS to everyone.

I am really trying to stay focused with my eating. I usually get to about a week to 10 days and then I have a binge or fall off the wagon. I went to a OA meeting last night and several people shared about their success and they had such a glow about them and such serenity. It's all because they are not experiencing the insanity of the food addiction. I WANT THAT!!!! So, if I want what they have, I need to do what they do which is follow my food plan, make outreach calls to other compulsive overeaters, call my food daily to my sponsor, do some reading and writing, go to meetings and plan ahead.

Right now I am cleaning and using my timer so I can play computer in between. I am also cooking some vegetables so that I will have several days of cooked vegetables that I just have to heat up. I steamed a head of cauliflower to use mashed and I sauteed a head of cabbage in coconut oil. I also made a batch of Tuna muffins. Planning ahead is essential for me to stay on track. I'll be back later.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

VAL...Thanks for the visualization idea!

Quote:
I'm hoping, crossing my fingers, to see a 169 tomorrow! I haven't seen the 160s since 2009!

FANTASTIC!!! I'm excited for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. You're SO close...just blow your nose and you're there!

Quote:
great attitude! I needed to read that today.

TERESA...
Quote:
Val--I love the visualization idea!! Immediately when I read that I saw a little old lady (gosh, I hope it wasn't me in only 20 years cause that means I really am aging horribly ) just shaking her head and kind of chuckling saying I have wasted way too much of my life on this. Wow---is that true. :blush: When I have a chance I'll have to let my mind wander off again and see if she/they/whoever have any advice! I get way too trapped in my head and the scientific part of everything and kind of forget about the other aspects I need to consider. Binging and turning to sugar might be the way the rest of my 'being' rebels and says it needs to be considered with some of this experimentation I do.
I can relate to what you posted

Quote:
You know, I haven't really tried to just moderately cut back on cals or carbs since being on the aminos---why didn't I think of that?! There were a few times during the first month where I got way off track with sugar and I would try to immediately restrict a bit on either cals/carbs or not eat breakfast---that kind of thing---and it always backfired on me. But there are lots of reasons for that including that once I have a decent amount of sugar the aminos don't seem to work for me and it takes a couple of days to get back to that feel good spot. So anyway, maybe I just need to give myself a couple of weeks of 'feel good' time and then work on moderately cutting back some on carbs/cals.....hmmmm, we'll see what the old lady I visualized has to say about that!
tell the old lady hello for me.

Quote:
Tomorrow I have my fitness assessment at the gym! I've decided not to do the Challenge but I'm going to have them put together a nice mellow all over type of toning/strengthening program for me that I can do 2-3 times a week--maybe 30 minutes per session. If I go crazy and try to do more I will burn out quick and give up on exercise again for awhile....so I'm trying to think moderation here. Wow---moderation....what a concept
good luck on your assessment...BRAVO on learning the word moderation...it still isn't in my dictionary

I need to go do some treadmill time.
Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm making a recipe from Linda Sue's site....Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

It's a mushroom chicken sausage casserole. I found it by viewing Linda Sue's favorite recipes. She wrote that this recipe reminds her of chicken and stuffing

I've never been disappointed in any of her favorite picks I found her list of favorites under "odds and ends". Very interesting to see which ones she rates as 5 stars.

Is anyone cooking anything good?

What are some of your favorite Linda Sue recipes?

TERESA...I forgot to say WTG on not giving in to the candy temptation! I actually had a dream about butterfingers last night I don't have romantic dreams about DH ...I just dream about food:blush:
How twisted is that?!?!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aijarama
Stats: 280/245/175
WOE: Paleo/LC
Start Date: 11/06 @280, 5/10 @242 8/14 @ 245
Valerie - ITA on the bacon thing...I just can't take the grease popping! I'll try to visualize too I think that's another thing - I can't "imagine" myself being actually thin.

Teresa - thanks for all the input! I really value it since you are in the maintaining phase. Right now I'm gonna just stick to the whole grains and portion control. I NEED to go through this trial/error with the eating. My emotional/boredom eating just has to be addressed!

Hey Liz! I think one of my favorite LS recipes was a spinach and taco bake. OOH and the pizza topping casserole...maybe I could try that one and go heavier on tomato and lower on cheese/fatty meat, it was SO GOOD and satisfied my pizza craving!

Linda - stay strong with the moderation! I need something to do when I start feeling "snacky," because it can get really dangerous! I keep nuts in the house to bring to work as a snack but I find myself standing in the kitchen picking cashews outta the can, just eating for eating's sake.

Jennifer - I love eggs, wish they traveled better or I'd have omelettes for lunch You still fighting to get to onederland??? I was at 207 this morning. It's CLOSE!

KK, time to watch Jersey Shore with the housemates and have ONE beer and some sunflower seeds (since they're more work than food, keeps my mouth busy ) Night!

Mini Goals:
239 by 9/1/14
219 by 11/1/14
199 by 1/1/15 (a girl can dream )
Old 01-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aija We'll get there. I just have a lot of stress right now. I go up and down. Think I might look at trying some more structured eating plan. Like making just my meals in advance and freezing them. Then if there is something that the rest of the family eat that I don't want, (because of too many carbs) then I can just pop one in the microwave.

Good morning all. Scales up again this morning. This is where I was before when I gave up after a year of bouncing back and forth. That is not going to happen this time. I know I can do it and I just have to convince the voices in my head that I can do it too. Right!!!

What a crazy life!!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok its me with another stupid question. I love salads, but I use the bagged lettuce. How can I keep it fresh longer. It usually turns brown and gets slimy after 3 days. YUCK!!!

Any suggestions
Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning---it's finally Friday!!! Although I need to work all weekend to meet a deadline it's still nice not to have to deal with a schedule, meetings, etc.

Jen---tell those voices to go &#%* themselves! I know what you mean---they are what keeps us trapped where we don't want to be but we do ultimately have control of them. So---maybe start each day out with a strong positive message to yourself and say it over and over when you're having doubts. When I do this, I find my day goes much better. But for some reason--when I need to do it most--I don't.

Prepping ahead and freezing meals is one of the things that I know contributed greatly to my weight loss. And it still is necessary for me to do if I want to lose or maintain. It makes life easier and it just eliminates one more excuse from my arsenal. :blush: Have you figured out another easy 'go to' breakfast that you can have when eggs are turning you off?

Aija---yep, emotional/boredom eating is a killer! When I got rid of snacking that helped a lot, basically it's now just my habit that I don't eat unless it's meal time. And although I can definitely still overdo at meals--it doesn't add up the way that snacking does for me. :blush: However you work out a lot so that might not work for you. As far as the omelet for lunch---I'll make an egg casserole sometimes and bring it to work all week for breakfast. Not quite an omelet, but basically the same thing.

Liz---favorite LS recipe....hmmm, well the ones that I have made over and over would be the pumpkin sausage soup and the creamy south western one. I also love the white castle pie and some of the cabbage ones. Really there are tons of them that I love and have over time just kind of tweaked and morphed them into my own thing so there are probably lots of my typical menu items that started out from something I found on her site. One thing that I have never tried that everyone raves about is the cream cheese clouds. It's too cold for that now but maybe this summer I'll remember to make them. Thanks for the info on how to find her favorites, I've never looked at those before. Let us know how that casserole is!

I have no clue what I'll be cooking up this weekend, although I have been in the mood for broc/cheese soup. Need to figure something out cause this weekend is going to fly by and I need to squeeze in some food prep time. And I need to find time to 'accidently' run into my crush this weekend...haven't seen him much this week.

I have never had a food dream believe it or not. It seems like everyone has them especially when they start a new diet or woe or whatever. I'm glad cause I have enough problems obsessing about food while I'm awake--hmmmm, maybe that's why I don't, my brain is tired of thinking about food by the time I go to sleep! :blush:

Moderation---say it with me Liz! We're going to figure this one out as I suspect it might be key!! I am slooooowwwwllllyyy starting to get it. OK--not like in the middle of the road moderation but my swings to the extremes are becoming less far out...if that makes sense. Vegas was a huge test for me. If I'm eating freely of things I usually avoid--and if I'm overly full and have eaten too much---I always figure what the heck and eat sugar and anything else around me, typically to the point of misery. But I didn't and I didn't feel a bit deprived. And even eating freely I was still conscious, but not obsessed, with what I was putting in my mouth and how I felt....huge break through for me! So maybe in another 40 years I will truly understand this moderation thing....baby steps.

OK, have to post this before I lose it...bb
Old 01-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

MESSAGE TO THE SCALE GODS:

Go ply your miserable messages of self-doubt and frustration somewhere else. We are not going to succumb to your lying, cheating and evil tricks. No matter how many times you bounce the scale up when we've been on plan perfectly, no matter how many times you steadfastly refuse to show us any reward for our healthier and saner eating behaviours, we will NOT GIVE IN. WE will NOT GIVE UP. We will hold hands, comfort each other and support each other and stand tall until you give up and tire and must finally show us the numbers on the scale that we have earned.

WILL WILL NEVER GIVE UP! WE ARE STRONGER THAN THAT!

This message brought to you by me, Valerie, the one you p&*!ed off royally this morning by showing me a one pound gain after an absolutely perfect day on plan when I was hoping to finally see the 160s after 3 months of hard work getting back off the weight I regained and not seeing the 160s for over a year.

Last edited by vee716; 01-28-2011 at 06:02 AM..
Old 01-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen--you can get those bags that keep veggies fresh longer, that might help. You can find them pretty cheap at WalMart and sometimes at dollar stores and they're reusable so pretty cost effective in that way too. I try to only buy a bag when I know I'm going to eat a salad a couple of days in a row, and since I eat 1/2 the bag in a setting, it doesn't usually have a chance to go bad. Another thought---maybe after opening the bag put it in a tupperware. Growing up we always had a head of lettuce in a tupperware bowl in the fridge and I think it kept for quite awhile.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

I love those green bags, too. They really do make a difference. I usually have baby spinach for my salad greens, and they really keep much longer in a green bag.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Jen---tell those voices to go &#%* themselves! I know what you mean---they are what keeps us trapped where we don't want to be but we do ultimately have control of them. So---maybe start each day out with a strong positive message to yourself and say it over and over when you're having doubts. When I do this, I find my day goes much better. But for some reason--when I need to do it most--I don't.

Prepping ahead and freezing meals is one of the things that I know contributed greatly to my weight loss. And it still is necessary for me to do if I want to lose or maintain. It makes life easier and it just eliminates one more excuse from my arsenal. :blush: Have you figured out another easy 'go to' breakfast that you can have when eggs are turning you off?
Thank you Teresa I will tell them just that. I don't know how many times I have found myself looking in the fridge trying to find something quick to take to work because I didn't have time the night before to plan. UGH!!! I think that will make a big difference with me. PLAN AHEAD. Step 1.

Quote:

Go ply your miserable messages of self-doubt and frustration somewhere else. We are not going to succumb to your lying, cheating and evil tricks. No matter how many times you bounce the scale up when we've been on plan perfectly, no matter how many times you steadfastly refuse to show us any reward for our healthier and saner eating behaviours, we will NOT GIVE IN. WE will NOT GIVE UP. We will hold hands, comfort each other and support each other and stand tall until you give up and tire and must finally show us the numbers on the scale that we have earned.

This message brought to you by me, Valerie, the one you p&*!ed off royally this morning by showing me a one pound gain after an absolutely perfect day on plan when I was hoping to finally see the 160s after 3 months of hard work getting back off the weight I regained and not seeing the 160s for over a year.
Val I love it. I am going to steal that one.

No more control!!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:16 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Linda---have you ever tried the amino therapy? Not like taking some aminios but doing the full thing as outlined in the Diet Cure based on your specific needs and issues? I can tell you, it's been a lifesaver for me. I've been asking these guys for years to give me a lobotomy because I really didn't believe there were any other answers for me---I had tried everything to deal with the insanity of food addiction, the mood swings, depression, obsession, etc. etc.---and it ends up the aminos were the answer to my prayers. Thank God because none of these people would perform a lobotomy for me! Anyway, I don't want to sound like an infomercial or anything, and I know it's all a YMMV kind of thing---but I am absolutely amazed at the things it has changed for me...things I would have never even thought it would have an impact on. I just wish I would have found this answer a long time ago!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I love it! and I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry that my first good laugh of the day is because of your message to your mean scale...but thanks for the laugh!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and for you bacon eaters that never make it....have you made it in the oven before? Much easier, no splattery mess, and they all come out exactly how you want (assuming you take the pan out of the oven at the right time!). So you don't end up with some that is too crispy, some too flabby, whatever.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Jen--you can get those bags that keep veggies fresh longer, that might help. You can find them pretty cheap at WalMart and sometimes at dollar stores and they're reusable so pretty cost effective in that way too. I try to only buy a bag when I know I'm going to eat a salad a couple of days in a row, and since I eat 1/2 the bag in a setting, it doesn't usually have a chance to go bad. Another thought---maybe after opening the bag put it in a tupperware. Growing up we always had a head of lettuce in a tupperware bowl in the fridge and I think it kept for quite awhile.
Thanks Teresa and Val. I will try that. I usually buy a bag thinking I am going to eat it several days in a row and then don't or I get a really big bag we can all eat and then nobody eats them but me. UGH!!!

I forgot to answer your bf question earlier. I really didn't find anything yet. I think maybe it is just trying to eat too early. This morning I had a piece of chicken and yuck!! Sick to my stomach again.

Oh and for bacon I am bad to buy the microwave ready kind. I love it. But I am picky about the kind I get. Don't like thick sliced, it never really gets crispy. I just love bacon tho.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Good news---back to pre-Vegas weight today.

Bad news---my left eye is completely red/blood shot. I noticed it was a little red a couple of days ago, didn't really notice or maybe didn't pay attention yesterday, and today when I woke up it just felt like my eyelid was kind of heavy or something. Doesn't hurt--just felt different. Looked in the mirror and kind of freaked!

Now for the totally lucky news---I have an eye appt tomorrow, not because of this but because I need new contacts and since it's been more than a year since my last exam I have to do that before I can get them. Talk about perfect timing!

OK, I seriously need to go do some work.....and I seriously don't want to. I have a meeting in about 20 minutes so I don't want to start anything....don't you love my excuses!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen--so have you checked out Linda Sue's site for other types of breakfast ideas? I can't do meat at breakfast---it definitely gags me. I enjoy eggs, but usually only once or twice a week, more than that and I would get sick of them. That said though, there are tons of other options for breakfast and I eat a big one every day! There was a period of time when I thought that skipping breakfast was a good way to cut calories, and I still fall back on that once in awhile, but eating a big healthy breakfast actually sets my day as far as hunger, mood, etc. go.

What kind of breakfasts did you eat when you weren't eating low carb. We can probably come up with some healthier subs for those things.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Teresa why work when you can play with us.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang got my W-2 today and I made 5000 less this year than last year. UGH!!! with DH only making 4800 for the entire year, no wonder we have been struggling.

I'm praying it starts to get better.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Howdy all

AIJA...
Quote:
My emotional/boredom eating just has to be addressed!
I'm right there with you. Once I allow myself to eat out of boredom/emotions it quickly becomes a habit and a small snack can blow up to a mega moo-a-thon. I'm trying to stick to eating ONLY during meals and planned snack times.

Quote:
Hey Liz! I think one of my favorite LS recipes was a spinach and taco bake. OOH and the pizza topping casserole...maybe I could try that one and go heavier on tomato and lower on cheese/fatty meat, it was SO GOOD and satisfied my pizza craving!

mmmm...thanks for the input. Those sound really good. I like to tweak some of the recipes also to reduce calories/fat

Quote:
KK, time to watch Jersey Shore with the housemates and have ONE beer and some [COLOR=#016798]sunflower seeds[/COLOR] (since they're more work than food, keeps my mouth busy ) Night!
you watch Jersey shore??? hahahah I thought I was the only one to watch that type of show (closet real housewives of BH watcher:blush

JEN...
Quote:
love salads, but I use the bagged lettuce. How can I keep it fresh longer. It usually turns brown and gets slimy after 3 days. YUCK!!!

Any suggestions
I've used the green bags that have been mentioned. I've found that putting the salad in a ziploc bag or sealed bowl and putting a paper towel inside helps when I don't have a green bag. I usually change out the paper towel every day.

TERESA...sorry you have to work over the weekend I hope you you have time for the important stuff...food prep and spoiling the furkids!
Quote:
Liz---favorite LS recipe....hmmm, well the ones that I have made over and over would be the pumpkin sausage soup and the creamy south western one. I also love the white castle pie and some of the cabbage ones. Really there are tons of them that I love and have over time just kind of tweaked and morphed them into my own thing so there are probably lots of my typical menu items that started out from something I found on her site. One thing that I have never tried that everyone raves about is the cream cheese clouds. It's too cold for that now but maybe this summer I'll remember to make them. Thanks for the info on how to find her favorites, I've never looked at those before. Let us know how that casserole is!

thanks for th input. I've been meaning to try that creamy south west soup.
Both DH and I loved the casserole. I used a mild pork sausage but think it would also be really good with italian or spicy sausage. Also I think I will add more cauliflower next time.

Quote:
Good news---back to pre-Vegas weight today.
WOWZA! that is great news! WTG! I think I'm still carrying around some Vegas pounds from 2 years ago:blush:

Quote:
Bad news---my left eye is completely red/blood shot. I noticed it was a little red a couple of days ago, didn't really notice or maybe didn't pay attention yesterday, and today when I woke up it just felt like my eyelid was kind of heavy or something. Doesn't hurt--just felt different. Looked in the mirror and kind of freaked!

Now for the totally lucky news---I have an eye appt tomorrow, not because of this but because I need new contacts and since it's been more than a year since my last exam I have to do that before I can get them. Talk about perfect timing
I hope your eye is better. Do you use contact lens solution/cleaners? I had a bad experience with one that had gone out of date. I now know to check the date on those.

VAL... THANK YOU for the laugh! I your sense of humor and writing skills! Sending you some whoosh fairy dust*********** to scare away those scale gods!

Linda, Vicki
Old 01-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen----well that does explain why you're struggling a bit! I pray this is a much better year for you and yours as well!!

Liz---I'm going to have to go check that casserole out---anything that includes sausage and cauli I love, so I'm guessing I'll be making it soon!

I actually haven't worn my contacts since the end of Nov---so I've just been wearing glasses. No clue what could have caused this flare up although I'm a bit nervous as I had a tumor or something like that on this eye many years ago and had to go to a specialist for over a year to get it resolved.....so hopefully it's not related to that.

Well---just had my fitness assessment and the results....I'm not fit! Actually---she just did basic stats, body fat, etc. and we discussed what I'm looking to accomplish so she can put together a training program for me. She was very nice and very much into understanding my lifestyle, needs, etc. and not trying to push me into anything at all. I have to say that I think they must get some training though on how to weigh people and make them feel good. When I got on the scale---the Dr type ones---she put the lower weight on 120 and realized that sucker wasn't going to budge then put it on 130 and starting moving the other part over as if I was going to weigh in the 130 range. I just took the bottom weight and moved it over a couple of notches and laughed.

So---next week I'll be starting work outs. Really didn't think I would ever do this....ya'll are going to have to kick my butt if I don't follow through!! :blush:
Old 01-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Teresa.

I can so relate on the fitness levels. UGH!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have about 20 zucchinis that I need to use. Does anyone have a favorite zucchini recipe? I'm thinking of doing a muffin/cake/bread with chocolate & zucchini for DH. But I'm also open to savory recipes.
I have some nacho cheese popcorn seasoning and was considering trying to make nacho chips or something Any suggestions???

TERESA...I hope that your eye is ok!

Quote:
When I got on the scale---the Dr type ones---she put the lower weight on 120 and realized that sucker wasn't going to budge then put it on 130 and starting moving the other part over as if I was going to weigh in the 130 range.
YIPPEE! That just means that you LOOK like you are that light. What a nice compliment!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Here I go, FTDD by Anne Louise Gittleman. Wish me luck.
Closed Thread