Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #2101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
TERESA....bravo on being strong with dealing with all of the sugary junk!
Did you bring yourself a treat or something to turn to if you get the urge to hit the sugar?

I've been to many OA meetings and each one is unique depending on who shows up. Each location and even different nights/days can be really different imo.

Are you going by yourself? Let us know what you think if you go.

Quote:
I wish I could fly out there, I would come take care of ya! Well---big gentle hugs!!
awwww... thank you SO much. I felt the same exact way when you had all of your surgeries. What you went thru, I'm sure, was much, much worse.

JEN....196?!?!? that is FANTASTIC! CONGRATS! That taco soup sounds yummy. I hope to be able to eat something like that again one day. For now I'll have to stick with chicken broth

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #2102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tweetynole
Stats: 285/270/160
WOE: Atkins/Candida diet
Start Date: October 2011
Hello

Hi! I'm Susan and I have ALOT to lose! LOL...seriously, I am not in any hurry this time and I am glad to be able to post and commiserate with other people who have loads to lose as well. It's just one day at a time. As I get older I realize that I can be the person I want to be today, and just get better! In other words, there is no more of this "When I lose weight I'll....." (fill in the blank). It's easy to get down, of course, when you have over a hundred pounds to lose, but every pound I get rid of (and hopefully never find again) is one I won't have to carry around on these bones that are almost 50 years old! I think heading for that milestone is the catalyst.

I know that I have my head screwed on straight this time and I am in it to win it! I have it easier than some as I live on my own (sort of) and don't have to worry about kids or a husband and there is no "bad stuff" in the house. I'm lucky. However, there is also no one here to catch me if I cheat either! So I have to rely on me to be my own judge and jury. Every tine I think about eating something that will stall me or promote my candida issue, I will just really REALLY think...do I seriously want to feel like crap for the next few days? Is it worth all that? I kind of liken it to a hang over. It may be fun for the moment, but later on you PAY!

So anyway, I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I wish you all luck and it's great to be here!

Susan
Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #2103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
hey all. Liz wow you have been through a lot. Glad to see you are doing better.

Teresa congrats on the resistance. I actually done really well today. Hoping to see it on the scales in the morning. Not happy with this morning. But I done it myself.

Susan welcome. It has taken me over a year to lose 40 pounds but I have kept it off and it is great. You learn so much more when you take it slow and easy.

have a great day all.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #2104
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Susan, glad to see you found our small, but mighty group. I have been struggling a lot lately. I had gotten to 170 a year and a half ago or so and am up to 213 or so. I have been having trouble getting back on track.

Liz, man, the fluid overload can be devastating. I hope you heal quickly.

Teresa, we went to the zoo this weekend and just bummed around.

Jen, the taco soup sounds yummy.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #2105
Blabbermouth!!!

Several years ago, after a breakup, I read about Vision Boards. I placed pictures and words cut from magazines into a collage on a poster board representing the qualities I wanted in a man such as, positive mental health, liked to travel, financially secure, liked cats etc. Well, I am now engaged to the man that the vision board led me to. He doesn't have all of the qualities on the board, but pretty darn close. So, if it worked for my relationship, it could work for my weight and health.

This Friday a close friend of mine is having a "one" party. She turned 61 and on 11-11-11 at 1:00 p.m. we can go to her house for "girl" time. She is going to have poster boards, magazines etc. for anyone who wants to make a vision board, she will be making soup for supper etc. Maybe making a new vision board will help.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 11-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #2106
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning! Love to see all the posts!

Susan---welcome!! Glad you joined us!! I'm in the same boat as far as living alone and not having to feed anyone else which is a bonus....although honestly if I did have others and I was the one cooking they would just have to eat what I make! You're right on the down side of it though---no one to feel accountable to---so it really is just on us alone. Good and bad to that I guess. So do you follow a certain diet or protocal for the candida issue?

Liz---girl, you have been through one heck of a week!! Glad you came to your senses and let DH take you to the hospital!! I did have my gallbladder out just over 4 years ago and I eat tons of fat without any problem. I also didn't have to follow any special diet or have any restrictions. However, I should say that I wasn't having any issues with my gb. When they did the cat scan and found the tumor they also saw some stones in my gb and recommended just having it removed while they were removing everything else. The gb surgeon was a hottie so I said why not--go ahead and yank it out too! Great way to make a decision ---but at the time they didn't know if I had cancer or not and I was freaking out about the whole concept of surgery so I pretty much just did whatever they told me!

On the gain--I have gained right at 12 lbs with every surgery I have had. Let me tell ya it freaked me out the first time, but now that I'm becoming a pro with surgery I pretty much just expect it. The majority of it is always gone within a week, thankfully!

Jen---I'm thinking DH was taking off today, so we won't get to see you for awhile....

Vicki---ahhhh, I love the zoo! You know, I've heard of vision boards but have never done one. I'll be interested to hear what you come up with in regards to a weight/health vb. How cool that your friend is having a 1's party---neat idea!

I was able to get rid of yesterdays snack very easily (had a little contest and the winner got it!). It was a huge chocolate chip muffin (480 cals I believe ) and a juice box. Today is chocolate caramel chex mix---think I'll come up with another contest to get that one gone.

Busy day, and they're saying it might snow. I am so not looking forward to winter.

Ohhhh, and I didn't make it to the OA meeting. I was tired and pretty much talked myself out of it on my way home. I think I'm kind of intimidated by the whole concept. I'm going to look and see if there is one close by on the weekend---and if so I'm going to go! So hold me to it!!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #2107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

I'm starting to feel much better

Now, I'm starting to explore a new woe. Prior to my hosp stay I had considered hcg but opted to do atkins. Apparently my gallbladder was not pleased with my choice

I've been reading a bit on JUDDD and like what I'm reading. I would probably do a 500 calorie down day alternating with a 1900 calorie up day.

Has anyone tried JUDDD? There is a lot of good info on the JUDDD board here.

SUSAN...welcome! hope to see you post more

JEN... how is your move going? Are you getting settled in? Do you have internet at home?

VICKI... that party sounds like a fun idea. I love the idea of doing a vision board. How cool that your vision board for a partner worked out
I think Oprah did something on that...or maybe it was the book, "the secret"?

TERESA...thanks for the info re. your GB and post-op diet tolerance.

I've tolerated fage yogurt without a problem (although I was told no dairy...oops) so hopefully I'll be able to do moderate fats in the future. I guess it is different with everyone.

Wow, I didn't realize all that you've been thru. How scary to think for even a second that cancer is a possibility I'm so glad that turned out ok.
Quote:
The gb surgeon was a hottie
so was mine!!! hahahaha In fact, there were several hotties on my surgical team.

I've started to lose the surgery/IV fluid weight. How long does it usually take you to lose the 12lbs?

How is the Wii????? Did you make it thru the whole zumba yet? Anything else????

You should definitely check out OA.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #2108
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning---Happy Hump Day! Need to go find my hump day hotties avi......

Liz--I typically lose all the surgery weight within a week. With plastic surgery there continues to be intermittent swelling so I bounce up and down a couple of lbs for several weeks, but with major surgery it was all gone in a week. I remember the morning I had that first surgery they had me weigh in and I was either 201 or 202...all I remember thinking was how sad it was that I worked my butt off to lose weight and that I might die before ever getting to onederland. Yeah...talk about weight obsessed (and scared)! I had surgery on a Monday, was in the hospital for 5 days and on the Weds after I got out I hit onderland! Anyway, hopefully your gain will go away equally fast!

I'm guessing that your gb was already in bad shape long before deciding on Atkins. The fat might have pushed it over the edge but from everything I've read it's all the extreme low fat dieting we do that causes the gb issues. I'm thinking if HCG works the way they say it does that would have really aggrevated it as well with all the fat floating around in your system!

I have not tried JUDDD but have read quite a bit about it off and on and will have to say that I've thought about it. I think when I did the calculators it said I had to do like 430 cals or something crazy like that to lose---at which point I said NO WAY!! But I do like the calorie cycling aspect and I wish I could get myself to do a down day after I have over eaten but the whole restriction thing seems to take me to binge land. I've also thought of doing Val's version of it---I think she was eating normal mainenance on her up days and around 1000 cals on down days. That I might be able to handle...maybe. After last months calorie restriction and eliminating most starches/grains didn't work, I've been thinking about doing some kind of calorie/carb cycling---just not exactly sure what.

On the Wii....I suck at Zumba! But I do keep trying hoping I will eventually get my body to cooperate! I didn't get the Wii fit hooked up last weekend so it's on my task list for Friday (day off---YAY!). We have a contest going on at work and one of the goals is 30 min exercise 3x a week. I have been going for walks but it's getting too cold for that so I need to get that Wii fit thing going---and there is no way I can do 30 min of the Zumba at this point---I would be dead!!

OK--todays treat---Kudos bars. I used to love those things---not exactly sure why cause there really is nothing to them. So I need to go think up a contest question so I can give mine to the winner. Then this afternoon we have a celebration which will include lots of sweets---luckily, I'm not feeling a bit tempted today. Could be the pb oatmeal caramelito bars I made---much better than store bought junk food.

So---I'm thinking I need some motivation to get through the holidays without gaining (preferably losing but I'll take just not gaining)! Maybe more than motivation I need some accountability and some accountability buddies---anyone game?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 AM   #2109
Big Yapper!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OK, couldn't find the hump day hotties---but I think this one will do nicely.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old 11-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #2110
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, I think it was The Secret that I found out about the vision board.

Teresa, I have never tried Zumba, only have watched on you tube. I don't think I would like it, too dancey. I am not good with choreography.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #2111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Howdy!

I'm feeling better everyday and have to watch myself that I don't overdo it.
I've taken so many things for granted.....the ability to easily move about, bend, and use both arms. This has been a good lesson for me to remember to be grateful that I am usually able to move my body without pain or limitations.

TERESA.....ok, your avatar has me mesmerized. Are those green buns for real??? Looks like green cantaloupes. Is that green body paint or a serious wedgie? hahaha... I've paid way too much attention to that pix for a married woman...hahahaha
I can't imagine how long someone would have to work out daily to maintain a body like that.

Quote:
I have not tried JUDDD but have read quite a bit about it off and on and will have to say that I've thought about it. I think when I did the calculators it said I had to do like 430 cals or something crazy like that to lose---at which point I said NO WAY!! But I do like the calorie cycling aspect and I wish I could get myself to do a down day after I have over eaten but the whole restriction thing seems to take me to binge land. I've also thought of doing Val's version of it---I think she was eating normal mainenance on her up days and around 1000 cals on down days. That I might be able to handle...maybe. After last months calorie restriction and eliminating most starches/grains didn't work, I've been thinking about doing some kind of calorie/carb cycling---just not exactly sure what.
I'm also a bit concerned about bingeing following a calorie restriction day. I know restriction has led me to binges before....but I was restricting everyday without having higher intake days to balance it out.
I really like the idea that I can eat whatever I want on the up days (within calorie allowances). Knowing I can have XYZ makes me want it less. I do plan to make 90% healthy food choices even on up days.
I think I'll try some form of JUDDD next week.

Quote:
So---I'm thinking I need some motivation to get through the holidays without gaining (preferably losing but I'll take just not gaining)! Maybe more than motivation I need some accountability and some accountability buddies---anyone game?
sounds good to me! I definitely do NOT want to gain over the holidays.
That's another thing about JUDDD....I can incorporate regular holiday dinners into my plan without considering it a "cheat"

What kind of accountability would work for you? Would you set goals, follow a particular woe, post menus, etc?

VICKI & JEN...

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 11-09-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #2112
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning and happy Thursday!

I am in a foul mood today ---started at the end of work yesterday and it continues...... But I have a long weekend so hopefully I can pull myself out of it. I've found that being pissed off makes me want to mindlessly eat crap and not just doing/eating what I want makes me even more pissed!

Vicki---you know, I heard a ton of stuff about The Secret several years ago but I never watched it....or read it.....OK, now I can't remember if it was a book or a movie or both?! I'm in the mood to hunker down this weekend and watch some movies, if this is one maybe I'll see if I can find it, I could use some positive energy.

Liz---that's true about only 1 day of restriction--maybe that wouldn't be so bad....? I'll wait and see how it works for you but in the mean time I think I will do some lower level calorie cycling--maybe just drop it 500-600 cals every other day. Basically I did that everyday last month (except 1) with no results but who knows, cycling might work better?

Accountability....hmmm, I'm not sure what that should look like, but I'm game for whatever. Post menus, exercise, weigh ins, whatever would help to keep us focused. I suspect I will have several 'fumbles' throughout the holiday season however if I have to report them I will likely have less of them and I know when I feel accountable to report any 'mishaps' I ultimately do much better about picking myself up right away and moving on. And that's what it's all about---progress not perfection---right?!

Oops, I started this long ago and haven't finished yet. Had to conduct a contest to get rid of my treats for today! Mission accomplished.

Have a nice day everyone!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #2113
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah, and those are some seriously nice buns on that guy....although they're kind of freaky looking if you look at them too long! I can't imagine how much you would have to work out to have those buns of steel....I think I'll stick with my chunky ones!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #2114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all,

Quick check in. My brains are fried. I'm helping DH with some research stuff and had to actually use the word, "cyclohexylmethylidenehydrazinoadenosine". I think words with more than 20 letters should be illegal I still have smoke coming out of my ears

We are headed to Memphis this weekend to get the keys to our new house I need to get the RED rooms repainted. They just painted them....vivid red

TERESA.... I'm sorry you're in a foul mood. I hope you're feeling better now.

Did you ever get snow? Maybe the weather change and decreased outdoor walking could be taking a toll.
Or maybe you are just in a crabby mood. Whatever the cause STAY AWAY from the junk food! Bust out the wii and get moving!
Did you get the wii fit hooked up yet???

I think the secret was both a book and a movie.
Maybe a good comedy would brighten your mood. Did you see Bridesmaids?
Many people find it really funny. I liked parts. You've gotta have bathroom/bodily functions humor to enjoy that movie

Re. the accountability....I think menus would be good for me. Maybe I'll do weigh ins when I get a bit more of the surgical/preg bloat off.

Does anyone have plans for the weekend?
Old 11-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #2115
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, The Secret was both a book and "movie" more like a documentary in a way, but still good. Are those buns for real???? They look enhanced.

Liz, will you have to use KILZ to cover up the red?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #2116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey all,

I was just checking out a kroger ad. That will be my new grocery store. we don't have them here. The ad & sale prices look great! Red, yellow bell peppers for $1! WOOT!
We have Publix here. I like the selection but find they are pricey.
What grocery stores do you have?

VICKI...
Quote:
Are those buns for real???? They look enhanced.
Since Teresa posted that pix we expect her to be the bun authenticator??? hahahaha I def agree that those do not look like the real deal. I'm still wondering if that green is body paint or if he is in a painful wedgie
Quote:
Liz, will you have to use KILZ to cover up the red?
we are hiring painters but I'm pretty sure they will need major cover up.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #2117
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning---no work today---yay! And more importantly, thank you to all who have served and protected our country.

Quote:
Since Teresa posted that pix we expect her to be the bun authenticator???
That is a job I wouldn't mind having.

I actually do think they are real. I've seen some mega muscle guys with buns that are pretty similar. I don't think the suit is painted on, if you look really closely on the left side there are lots of little wrinkles that look like fabric....not that I was looking or anything!

Liz---yeah, I keep meaning to ask about the red kitchen. So is it like a brick red or a candy apple or what? I can't imagine a red kitchen but depending on the color if it was a super modern kitchen---or on the flip side a really country type kitchen I guess it might work.

We did get snow---several inches but it's mostly melted off now. I thnk it's supposed to get back to around 60 this weekend--weird weather for sure!

We don't have Kroger's around here. I'm pretty sure that's the one that Kathy always shopped at that had good deals and had like double or maybe triple coupon deals. We have HyVee's, Fareway and Dahls but I think these are all mid-west chains. And of course Trader Joes and coming this spring we will have a Whole Foods.

My mood is a bit better. It was all work related and I said my peace but it still all ticked me off. Not a biggie in the grand scheme of things.

OK--so posting menus it is. I think I will also post exercise. The Wii Fit Plus (ok, don't know what the difference is between plus and regular ) will be hooked up today. I'll let you know what I think. I'm already dreading it telling me I'm overweight....or obese....or whatever it decides I am.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #2118
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size. Please continue your discussion here.
Closed Thread