Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Ummmm, I'm bored. Who wants to entertain me today?
Hey Teresa, can't even entertain myself.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Yay---I'm not alone.

Linda---holy cow you are an exercise queen!!! I wish I liked it, I really do. :blush: I'm not even interested in it for losing weight, and I actually don't need to gain muscle as I naturally have a lot, but it just seems like something I *should* do for overall health. But I just really hate it. :blush: Peeps always say how great they feel afterwards...sadly, not me. Oh, I feel great that it's done but I don't get the endorphin high or whatever it is that most do. Maybe I should join an exercise class though..... I still have the fat girl mentality and feel like I will be the biggest one or the one most out of shape so I never seriously give the idea of a class much thought....but maybe. I have a gym right downstairs at work and membership is pretty cheap, and they offer all kinds of classes.....sigh....it just sounds so not fun! :blush: The body bump one does sound kind of interesting though, I think I'll go google it and see what it's all about.

Jen---but you don't have to entertain yourself---just entertain me!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Haha, maybe it's fate. Just got an e-mail from the gym downstairs that they have an Ultimate Fitness Challege starting Feb 7th for 8 weeks....bootcamp, training, blah, blah, blah. Co-worker and I are going to go down later today and get the details. Yikes.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Haha, maybe it's fate. Just got an e-mail from the gym downstairs that they have an Ultimate Fitness Challege starting Feb 7th for 8 weeks....bootcamp, training, blah, blah, blah. Co-worker and I are going to go down later today and get the details. Yikes.
Uh huh, it does sound like fate Just keep in mind that boot camps can be VERY challenging. So, if you decide to join, psche yourself up to stay in for the duration. If you focus on exercise for health, rather than weight loss or fun you will be more likely to stick with it. You need cardio for your heart but you need weight bearing exercies to increase bone density. Also, you need to incorporate flexibility and stretching exercises. They all have their benefit. I'm 60 so I need to think about exercise more to benefit my health. I can go on and on about the benefits, but I won't Back to work.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 01-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Hi, all!

Another travel day, back home. I'm glad to be back even if it means work tomorrow morning. At least it will be a short work week. Sort of a silver lining.

I did okay with food while away. It's not a low-carb friendly house, we had pasta for dinner one night, but I make do and as long as I don't overeat, I do okay. Tomorrow I'm having a diet day. I'll probably have some water weight on the scale tomorrow, but it should go away quickly. I'm quite psyched to see if I can see the 160s on the scale this week, even if only fleetingly before it goes up for a while again. Bouncy, bouncy.

I'm tired. It was a long weekend.

I did get on the treadmill for 10 minutes today! Woo hoo! We'll see if my knee is okay after that. I'm going to ice it tonight to help nip any possible swelling in the bud before it starts. Cross your fingers for me that I'm finally on the road back to being able to run again!

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning....I thought this was Weds but it's not this is gonna be a long week.

Val--yay on the treadmill! Just don't push it, I've heard that re-injuries can be much worse than the original ones.

Linda---please feel free to go on and on about the benefits of exercise....I need constant reminders! :blush: The Fitness Challenge doesn't sound too tough---it's really based on your fitness level with the overall goal of improvement on certain targets over the 8 weeks so shouldn't be too bad.

Day 2 of induction done. I can tell ya, I don't like it! I'm already at the point that food is gagging me, not a pleasant feeling. I'm eating things that I would normally eat, just more of it and without the extras, so it's not the type of food---must be the quantity or ketosis or I don't know what. Yesterday I only ate half my lunch and dinner I did eat my cauli mash but could only choke down a few bites of salmon. Overall cals were no more than 1300 and carbs were maybe 10-12. I kept trying to put c.o. in my tea but the thought of that just grossed me out, which normally I like it just fine. Scale today---same as yesterday. Guess my body just needs to recover after that big .4 whoosh I had the other day. Sleep was 'meh' but not bad and since that is the biggest issue right now I'll keep going for the week unless I can't sleep. Checked for ketosis this am and was in the 'small' range.....based on what my mouth tasted like this morning I would have thought it would be dark purple for sure!

Only 3 meetings today and tons of paperwork...which means I'll be back cause I like to find anything I can to avoid doing paperwork!

Oh---and I think we need a roll call again....where did everyone else go??
Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here, just not in the talking mood today.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

I hope everything is OK...? If not, this is the place to 'spill it.'
Old 01-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here. Feeling a little discouraged.

I'm certainly spinning my wheels with weight loss this month. I am today in the same spot I was in at the beginning of the month. And it's mostly me just letting circumstances and little things get in the way. If I were still in the 180s, with all my clothes not fitting, I probably would have not allowed myself as much leeway over this past weekend as I did. I've lost my urgency and sort of feel "good enough". I need to ponder this a bit. Where I am is good enough, but I do want more and I know I can do more. And this every other day dieting is relatively painless, so I don't think the price, diet wise, is too high. When I was trying to do PSMF, that was a price I couldn't pay, too high, but this is okay. So why am I making choices counter productive to what I want? Is it that I've already failed at getting to my January goal so that there isn't anything to focus on? Maybe it's time to set February's goal a week early. Is it that I'm fitting in all my clothes and missing that urgency to lose weight NOW? Should I put away the stuff that is not loose and comfy and just wear the stuff that it still a little too tight? That's sounds punitive, but maybe that helped me focus? I hate being uncomfortable. I'm wondering if a current picture put up would help? I do really "see" the extra weight in photos, much more so than in the mirror. Perhaps I need a reminder since I'm not feeling it the same way right now?

Nov 1st - 183.8 Dec 1st Goal: 179.7 (Goal met! )
Dec 1st - 178.1 TW Jan 1st Goal 173.7 (Goal met! )
Jan 1st - 173.3 TW Feb 1st Goal 168.9 (Goal not met )
Jan 25th - 173.1 TW Mar 1st Goal 168.1 (Bonus goal - 165.6)

There, might as well re-start my accountability to a goal today instead of waiting to see where I am in a week and restarting there, that would just be wasted time.

The first goal is my normal 1 lb/week goal, the same goal I started back in November with. The bonus goal is 1.5 lbs/week. I'm not sure what either of my goal rewards are, but the bonus goal reward will be something extra special. Maybe the promise of something extra special will entice me to strive a little harder.

I am having a diet day today. I tried to have one yesterday, but then we went out for dinner and let the birthday boy (my brother in law) pick the place and he picked Thai food. Noodles, rice & saucey stuff. Still, I could have done better, I'm in control of my own choices. So, diet day today. Very strict!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hi everyone

Quick check in. I've been feeling lousy. Another migraine with nausea.

I don't like to 'complain' so I will usually just crawl off by myself and suffer in silence. That is how DH knows I'm feeling especially bad...when I'm quiet

I'm starting to feel better today but I'm totally frustrated with the frequency of these migraines. Considering going back to neuro doc for tests/meds whatever. at least I don't feel responsible for the migraine because I haven't consumed chocolate, cheese, or any other common triggers.

Sigh...sorry to be so whiney:blush:

I hope everyone is doing well.
I'll try to get back later today to post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hope everything is OK...? If not, this is the place to 'spill it.'
Well actually since you asked. :blush: I am a little stressed and depressed. I have 9 people living in a single wide trailer. the bleeding stuff with DGson has me a bit freaked out. The pediatrician said that was definitely not normal. He cries in the mornings when I leave for work wanting me to stay home. I really wish I could but not happening. My mother was put in the hospital yesterday with cellulitis in her foot. I am about 2500 dollars behind on my bills and the snow keeps coming. Then DH tells me today that he has a job to do for $150 and then nothing until God knows when. I had a breakdown in the car on the way to work,
Then I ticked my DD off because I told her no more smoking in my house. She acted like that was something new. DUH!!! I just feel so over whelmed. Seems like everyday when I wake up I get some more news. don't know how much more I can take. Then I assume because of the stress, my weight has not gone anywhere. Up and down a couple pounds.

Remember you asked.

239/195.2/145
Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

(((Jenn))) Please, always feel safe to vent here! That's what friends are for and you have an incredible amount of responsibility and stress right now, you NEED a place to vent a bit! I'd be having a breakdown in the car too under all that stress.

Try not to worry about your weight. I know you want it off, but you are right, the stress is going to mess with the scale. Can you concentrate on assessing your efforts for weight loss based on how you did with eating, instead of what the scale says? Maybe even stay off the scale for a while if possible and just concentrate on eating on plan.

And you should be ticked off at DD for smoking when she knows she shouldn't be, don't let her turn it around on you!

I hope things ease off for you soon!

Val
Old 01-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee716 View Post
(((Jenn))) Please, always feel safe to vent here! That's what friends are for and you have an incredible amount of responsibility and stress right now, you NEED a place to vent a bit! I'd be having a breakdown in the car too under all that stress.

Try not to worry about your weight. I know you want it off, but you are right, the stress is going to mess with the scale. Can you concentrate on assessing your efforts for weight loss based on how you did with eating, instead of what the scale says? Maybe even stay off the scale for a while if possible and just concentrate on eating on plan.

And you should be ticked off at DD for smoking when she knows she shouldn't be, don't let her turn it around on you!

I hope things ease off for you soon!

Val

Thanks Val!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

I am glad I asked and I'm glad you spilled it!! You have a lot on your plate right now and you need to dump it---so please dump it here! All of that stress is definitely going to have an impact on the scale, and likely on what, how much and how often you're eating...or wanting to eat, or whatever. Unfortunately our eating is so attached to our emotional state, IMO, that it's impossible for those things to not have an impact....whether it's not eating, eating to much, not eating healthy things, etc. So anyway---spill away! It may not solve the problem, but it might give you some relief....and a lot of times I find that saying (or writing) this kind of stuff does actually help me to find some solutions. Hopefully it will for you too!

So if you could magically solve 1 of those problems today, which would it be?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JEN.... sending many prayers and good thoughts your way.

Sorry you're dealing with all of that stress! I'm glad you vented here.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So if you could magically solve 1 of those problems today, which would it be?
Thanks Teresa,

tell me how to get my bills caught up. UGH!!! I think that was the final straw. DH is looking for some work but it is so hard to find right now.

I really feel like I ate good yesterday but when I got home. I ate cookies, darn it. Just couldn't seem to stop. I actually went to bed early to keep from eating. UGH!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz---I'm sorry you're still battling the migraine thing. Definitely go get it checked out--you shouldn't have to be miserable all the time!! How about caffeine? Is that a trigger and do you consume any? Have you considered or do you already keep a food journal? Again, I know nothing about migraines but I'm more and more convinced that most everything that ailes us comes back to the foods/chemicals/etc. that we consume...even the most innocent of things can be poison for some. Hope you feel better soon!

And don't be crawling off and suffering in silence ....although if that gets DH's attention you can keep doing it when he is around! But with us, you can 'whine' (although you aren't whining) all you want!!

Val---I can indeed relate to what you are saying. I have my 'comfy' zone---which is right about 148-153, where pretty much everything fits and I don't feel really fat/chunky/whatever. It's funny because I hated those numbers for quite a while as I would always get stuck there (esp at 153), now I'm beginning to think that may ultimately end up being my goal. It's amazing the difference I feel between there and now the upper 50's....it's like a whole size up if not more and I just don't feel good at this weight. It's weird because at 300+ 5-10 lbs was nothing, now it really does make such a difference. Anyway---it's all definitely something to think about. Sometimes I think I should just be content and enjoy when I get back to that comfy range and quit stressing over losing, sometimes I think that's a cop out.

As far as wearing looser/tighter clothes---last year I got rid of all of my pants that were larger than an 8, and I'm glad. I refuse to buy new clothes so if they are snug, and some of them are, then it's a constant reminder that even if I'm not going to work at losing---I can NOT gain!! I wish I would have gotten rid of the 8's too, but when I get back to them being loose they are GONE!!!

OK, meeting time again.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

Getting bills caught up.....well, have you guys sat down and done a budget? Have you checked into any free services that are available---like a lot of churches have where you can get a big box of food for a minimal price or food pantries, that kind of thing. Are the kids paying rent? If not, and they're not able to are they getting assistance, food stamps, day care assistance, etc? There are tons and tons of free and reduced type of services out there that some or all of you may qualify for. If you are not already using them--then I would highly recommend it---especially with 9 mouths to feed, bodies to keep warm, etc!!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Getting bills caught up.....well, have you guys sat down and done a budget? Have you checked into any free services that are available---like a lot of churches have where you can get a big box of food for a minimal price or food pantries, that kind of thing. Are the kids paying rent? If not, and they're not able to are they getting assistance, food stamps, day care assistance, etc? There are tons and tons of free and reduced type of services out there that some or all of you may qualify for. If you are not already using them--then I would highly recommend it---especially with 9 mouths to feed, bodies to keep warm, etc!!
The kids do get food stamps, so food is not a problem. They will get an energy assistance check in mid feb. DD doesn't work because nobody would watch Dgdaughter because she was having seizures.
Thanks Teresa for the advice. Now if DH can just find a job that would be sweet. Then I wouldn't feel like I was doing this on my own.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all, I just came back from a training seminar at the hospital. We were all required to go and it lasted 2 hours. But it was actually very interesting. It was about customer service. I learned a lot about myself and my personality. Maybe I can stop and think when working with others.

I also learned that being on here is a blessing to me. You guys genuinely care and that means alot. Thanks to all.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA....
Quote:
Liz---I'm sorry you're still battling the migraine thing. Definitely go get it checked out--you shouldn't have to be miserable all the time!! How about caffeine? Is that a trigger and do you consume any? Have you considered or do you already keep a food journal? Again, I know nothing about migraines but I'm more and more convinced that most everything that ailes us comes back to the foods/chemicals/etc. that we consume...even the most innocent of things can be poison for some. Hope you feel better soon!

And don't be crawling off and suffering in silence ....although if that gets DH's attention you can keep doing it when he is around! But with us, you can 'whine' (although you aren't whining) all you want!!

thank you so much! Once again your humor and compassion makes my day Can we clone you???

great idea to keep a food journal! I haven't thought of that re. migraines. These are still somewhat new to me
Caffeine?!?!?! oh noooooooo Guilty of caffeine love. :blush: I don't think that is a trigger for me because the meds that help a bit with the migraines have caffeine as an ingredient. You may be right, though
My doc thinks that it is mainly wild hormones that are triggering me but I'm sure certain foods exacerbate it as well.
Thanks again for your suggestions

LINDA, VEE, VICKI, AIJA, JEN, JENNIFER, KATHY, and anyone else

I'll try to get back later to post more
Old 01-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Wow, I had some catching up to do. Jen, I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I bet you can make the best of it though.

Teresa and Val, I have read what you guys are talking about when it comes to the goal weight you have set for yourselves and how comfortable it is. I miss being at the 170 range. That was my goal weight for TOPS and when I became a KOPS the mind games began to play and I began having difficulty maintaining the "goal". Despite that I was within a decent range for several months prior to becoming the KOPS. Now, that is the wt I would like to get back to but I did lower it in my stats.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aijarama
Stats: 280/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/06 @280, 5/10 @242
Hi everyone!

Jen - hoping for the best - so glad you can come here and vent AND keep a hold of your weight! This place is the best for that.

You know, my bf is on a rugby chat board all the time, and sometimes I think, if I yammered to him about LCF as much as he did to me about his board, ah well.

So...Idk what I'm doing with this eating. I refuse to count things, and I kinda wanted to get away from strict LC because I didn't want one day to throw me off for a whole week, or whatever. However, I still feel like I've been fluctuating (and not in the right direction) because I've been drinking/eating out. For example, I worked out Mon-Thurs, then Friday night I went out with a friend after work and had beer and 2 margaritas and guac/chips. So Saturday I worked out, but Saturday night I had 4 beers. Sunday morning I worked out, but Sunday night was beer and wings for football. Monday I worked out but I had ramen noodles for dinner so I was still up.

That helped typing it out - I see I'm doing exactly what it takes to stay the same weight . I'm hoping that if I can be "good" during the week, and still workout at a steady pace, I can afford to indulge a little over the weekend. I may need to be more careful about my food choices, then. I'm afraid I'm so used to LC that I'll be eating carbs AND fat now.

I think I just need to get back to basics and do what I know. AND not use "I'm working carbs back in" as an excuse to eat sub sandwiches, ramen, etc . Maybe a reinduction is in order?
219 by 7/3/10 - ACHIEVED 7/1
209 by 8/7/10 (Bellydance recital ) not quite
209 by 9/15/10 still no!
209 by 10/15/10 DONE!
199... hopefully sometime soon!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen---yeah, I'm sure having all of that on your shoulders has got to be sooooo hard! I only support myself and it freaks me out sometimes to think about what would happen if I lost my job or something happened....and I only have me to worry about, so I can't imagine the spot you are in.

I'm glad the kids have some assistance....now, I imagine there are more things they could qualify for too. If DD is ready to go back to work I would imagine she would qualify for day care assistance. Since her dd has some medical issues she would probably qualify for a higher rate of assistance which means more choices when it comes to facilities and providers of daycare. Most providers that have the ability to take kids in that have special funding due to medical or other problems are more than happy to, cause the rate of pay is much higher and they never have to worry about the state not paying the bill. If any of the other kids or their spouses aren't working there are all kinds of programs that provide assistance for education or training to get peeps into jobs right away and of course there are always grants, etc. for going back to school. Gosh, there are tons of programs out there that you may have never even heard of---I'd have someone who is home all day start doing some research on the net and/or calling social services to get lists of things they might be qualify for. Maybe this is a good time for one or all to get themselves into some kind of training program that would help them in the long run.

As far as DH, what kind of work does he do? Has he tried a temp agency? I don't know if he does office work, which is what I always thought temp agencies set peeps up with, but they actually set up peeps with jobs at factories, construction sites, etc. Sometimes it's for weeks, other times it's just a 1 day job. Any way you look at it it's some extra cash and an option for him to connect with peeps that may be able to help him find something permanent. With the way the economy is right now, a lot of employers are looking for temps to fill the void as it's much cheaper to bring in a temp that you can have come and go as you need them and not pay any benefits to---vs hiring a full time employee....benefits are often as big an expense for the employer as the actual salary.

None of this may help---but maybe it will spark some other thoughts that will. I hope so anyway, I hate that you are going through all of this.

And yes--we do care about you so I'm glad you figured that out today!! You can come here and feel totally safe to dump, scream, cry, kick things.....whatever makes you feel better. Heck---haven't you read any of my posts---I do it all the time! :blush:
Old 01-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz---maybe caffeine isn't a trigger, no clue. I had a staff member once who was able to identify it was Coke or Diet Coke (can't remember) for her and eliminating them seemed to resolve the problem. Now I took that to mean the caffeine but honestly, I wasn't that into this kind of stuff back then so I probably just assumed that---maybe it was the sugar or aspartame or food coloring or additive....who knows?

For hormonal stuff--are you taking lots of fish oils, eating wild caught fish and getting lots of sat fats? Can you tell---I'm reading the Mood Cure still! I think she is onto something with that though.... Another thing about that I found interesting---the big push for flax seed/oils and she says only about 1/3 of us are even capable of converting this into what we need from it. I'm not a big flax fan so I was glad to hear I don't need to try to work that into my diet anymore.

Oh, and you can clone me but you might piss a lot of people off that would rather there weren't even 1 of me!

Hope you're feeling better tonight!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---yes, just to get back to that comfy spot. I too have a hard time maintaining where I'm comfy, not sure exactly what it's about although I always suspect for me that being comfy with my weight is just such a weird foreign feeling that I 'have' to do something to mess it up so I can feel 'normal' again. Sigh. So---when you are a KOPs does that mean you get to carry a whip and get the people who aren't meeting their goals?!

Aija---isn't it amazing that just writing it out can give us so much insight? I often re-read what I wrote and have a 'duh' moment but it really does help to see it in black and white I think. As far as re-induction....well, I'm not a big advocate of it as I'm majorly struggling with induction right now :blush:---but if it works for you and that's what you know is going to take you in the direction you want to go, then I say go for it!

But I will say that I don't think that carbs and fat are the deadly combination that everyone makes them out to be. I think it depends on the type and quantities of carbs and fat that are involved. The healthiest people in this world survive and thrive on the combo (along with protein of course)....but they don't eat processed crap, trans fats, high fructose corn syrup and all the excess we do in this country.

Now---speaking of crap----I bombed out on day 3 of induction. Once again, felt gross, couldn't bring myself to eat breakfast until about 10am and then only a few bites. Wasn't hungry, wasn't full or even satisfied---just felt like gagging. So---how did I rectify that---with a few handfuls of spiced nuts (that definitely had some sugar on them) and some processed crap with lots of sugar alcohols. Sadly I felt better after eating those things. :blush: I can't decide if that means that induction just isn't for me, or if I'm just weak.....OK, I know I'm weak but I don't know if toughing it out a few more days would make a difference or this really just isn't right for my body. So I'm ready for tomorrow with induction food AND extra veggies and if worse comes to worse I have oatmeal, pb and some other carbier things at work that are healthier than what I ate today. I would like to finish out this week doing induction as planned, and the stubborn part of me says just do it. But it's not worth setting off a binge. So---I'll go prepared for anything tomorrow and just do whatever feels right I guess. But I will have to say that I feel like a total failure not even being able to cut it for 3 days. :blush:

OK---my sins have been confessed for the night, now I feel better.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa - what are you hoping to accomplish with induction? Is there a reason you want to try carbs that low? I know to lose weight... but do you think you are insulin resistant enough getting carbs that low makes a difference to how well you lose weight? Or that you are hoping the ketosis will kill your appetite to reduce intake?

It just seems that you aren't cut out for induction. It's not for everyone and it doesn't make you a failure that you aren't one of the ones that thrive on induction.

Is there a compromise between induction and your regular diet you could try to get the best of both worlds? Not that I know what that would be for you, but I bet you do in your heart.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning---it's finally Wednesday! However I thought last night that today was going to be Friday.

Val---you know, it's really an experiment. I didn't do induction this time nor did I follow all of Atkins rules. I just took the science behind his plan, and other low carb plans, and came up with something that I thought would work for me. But I've always wondered if I didn't 'miss' something by not doing it properly. Yes, I lost weight great doing my own thing (although again---based on lots of scientific stuff that I 'stole' from the lc experts) but I think there is more to the plan than just losing, and maybe there are some behavioral and other outcomes that I missed out on by not doing it 'right.' So---it's been on my 'to do' list. Since I'm feeling ready to jump back into trying to lose weight and since the aminos have helped alleviate a lot of the problems I encounter when low carb--I thought this would be the time. And if it 'worked' for me then I could just continue on through the plan (not staying on induction which is not the plan ) and maybe find a fairly painless way to lose the lbs and reap whatever other benefits I may have missed out on. But I don't think that's in the cards for me.

So now I need to come up with a plan B. I have spent the last 2 years trying this or that---pretty much always in the low carb/whole foods realm as I do know that is where I need and want to be for life---but it seems that any level of restriction just sets off the binge and/or sugar monster. I'm tired of the yoyo thing, and I know it's just a matter of time before it spirals totally out of control. But I'm really not happy where I am right now. I just kind of feel trapped. I'm sure you're right, I have the answer in me somewhere.....time for some more soul searching I guess.

OK---my boss is dead. He just brought me a peanut butter snickers actually, there is now a whole bag of them outside my office. If you hear of someone on the news being 'stoned to death' with peanut butter snickers, you'll know it's me. I wonder if they'll have internet access in prison?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:31 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa - you WILL figure it out. I know you will because you never give up. It's like Edison and his million different inventions, if you keep at it, one or two turn out to be absolutely brilliant ideas. You'll find yours.

If I can offer one idea, not about how to eat but how to look for your answer? In my coaching training, we learned a visualization exercise about visualizing a future self, a version of ourselves, 5, 10, 20 years in the future and asking that future self for guidance. If visualizations don't seem too woo-woo new agey to you, you could try it and see if your future self has any ideas about what will help you.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Jen---yeah, I'm sure having all of that on your shoulders has got to be sooooo hard! I only support myself and it freaks me out sometimes to think about what would happen if I lost my job or something happened....and I only have me to worry about, so I can't imagine the spot you are in.

I'm glad the kids have some assistance....now, I imagine there are more things they could qualify for too. If DD is ready to go back to work I would imagine she would qualify for day care assistance. Since her dd has some medical issues she would probably qualify for a higher rate of assistance which means more choices when it comes to facilities and providers of daycare. Most providers that have the ability to take kids in that have special funding due to medical or other problems are more than happy to, cause the rate of pay is much higher and they never have to worry about the state not paying the bill. If any of the other kids or their spouses aren't working there are all kinds of programs that provide assistance for education or training to get peeps into jobs right away and of course there are always grants, etc. for going back to school. Gosh, there are tons of programs out there that you may have never even heard of---I'd have someone who is home all day start doing some research on the net and/or calling social services to get lists of things they might be qualify for. Maybe this is a good time for one or all to get themselves into some kind of training program that would help them in the long run.

As far as DH, what kind of work does he do? Has he tried a temp agency? I don't know if he does office work, which is what I always thought temp agencies set peeps up with, but they actually set up peeps with jobs at factories, construction sites, etc. Sometimes it's for weeks, other times it's just a 1 day job. Any way you look at it it's some extra cash and an option for him to connect with peeps that may be able to help him find something permanent. With the way the economy is right now, a lot of employers are looking for temps to fill the void as it's much cheaper to bring in a temp that you can have come and go as you need them and not pay any benefits to---vs hiring a full time employee....benefits are often as big an expense for the employer as the actual salary.

None of this may help---but maybe it will spark some other thoughts that will. I hope so anyway, I hate that you are going through all of this.

And yes--we do care about you so I'm glad you figured that out today!! You can come here and feel totally safe to dump, scream, cry, kick things.....whatever makes you feel better. Heck---haven't you read any of my posts---I do it all the time! :blush:
Thanks Teresa for all the advice. DH is actually a builder and due to the economy there is no building going on right now in our town or anywhere else. We live in such a small town and the nearest anything town is an hour away. Thus why I drive 58 miles to work. There just isn't any jobs anywhere. We don't have a temp agency unfortunately. Not that he could do office work but..... He is however applying for a truck driving school. That will mean a lot of time away from home but you have to do what you have to do right.

DD really would like to go to work if she can find a job. There is only one daycare center in town. Isn't that crazy. It is where my children went from the time they were 6mos old. I didn't really like it but options are slim.
I would love for the kids to go back to school. There is a technical school 15 miles away from where I live. That may be an option.

As far as venting, I do feel much better today and even the girls here at work say I look better today. I sat my foot down last night and inforced a rule that DD and BF were getting slack on and they actually listened. I told her that was the only thing in my life I had control over right now and she needed to respect me. And surprisingly she did (after DH set her straight that is). Went home last night to spaghetti with Dreamfields pasta. Very nice. DS and his family are staying a few days with mom to help take care of her. not sure how she will fare with that idea. And hey I didn't even break down in the car this morning.

I am wishing the snow away so I can get in a full paycheck. just two more days.

Dgson is feeling some better, however the pediatricians office called and said they have to redo some of the test because the lab did the wrong ones. UGH!!! WTH!!! Poor baby. I guess that is the reason for the break down, I know those babies need me and DH because their parents aren't ever going to grow up. UGH!!!

Teresa sorry about the induction thing. Val is right you will figure it out, because you don't quit and you won't let anyone else quit.

Aija.
Liz, kathy, val, linda, Vicki, hope I didn't forget anybody.
Closed Thread