Old 01-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
It is much easier to stay on plan than it is to get on plan.
Another great one. I was just saying this to someone yesterday. Sometimes I think that getting on plan is about 50% of the battle. How many times did I actually last 2 full weeks on a diet before I lost my weight? Not many. Once you hit a couple weeks on plan, it's still hard but much less hard than getting on plan when you've been off for a couple weeks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post

Vicki---holy cow you exercise for up to an hour in the morning?? Good for you! What kind of exercise do you do? That is one thing I have never been able to get consistent with during this journey. I have little spurts of doing stuff, but the motivation fizzles quickly. :blush:
I vary with what I do for exercising. I have about 50 different DVD/Tapes that range from indoor walking, to pilates, to wt training etc. using different pieces of equipment: bands, weights, kettlebell, ball etc. I also have a tread, elliptical, and recumbent exercise bike. When the weather is nice I will ride my bike or walk.

[/QUOTE]

Vicki, did you get married last year? Fill us in.
[/QUOTE]

Fiance' and I changed the date a few times finally settling on this August so he could be more "financially fit"
Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
JENNIFER...how is your dgs? That's odd that the doctor couldn't figure out the cause of bleeding

I just noticed that you and I have almost the same # of posts 2665.
Now this post will put me ahead

TERESA...let me know if you decide to do induction. I'm considering doing 2-4 weeks of induction (the newer version)

I need to go exercise. I've been doing well on the treadmill but I've started to have knee problems My knee would pop/crack when I walked. Now it is starting to hurt a little when I walk too fast or do too much of an incline. I'm wishing I had an eliptical instead of a dreadmill.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Ooops, good afternoon! It's after noon here.

I'm doing well today. I'm back on track, my weight is pretty much back where it was before Christmas finally and while January won't post big losses, it won't post a gain either.

Liz - do you have insurance for physiotherapy? I have osteoarthritis in my knees and my physiotherapist has been helping me with exercises to develop the muscles in the leg to help relieve some of my knee pain. It's been slow, but it's working.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I have to go out of town for a funeral this weekend, so I might not be around much, but I'll try to check in.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
JENNIFER...how is your dgs? That's odd that the doctor couldn't figure out the cause of bleeding

I just noticed that you and I have almost the same # of posts 2665.
Now this post will put me ahead
Hey Liz we can't let you get ahead for long.

dgs is doing better, he has an appointment monday to have some test run to see if they can find out what caused it.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Afternoon! Yikes, I've tried to check in a few times today but no one wanted to cooperate with the concept of me not working today.

Linda---so has today been better?? I am a huge CW player---so if you want a new neighbor let me know.

Jen----omg how scary with your dgs! I hope they figure it out soon. Could it just be from the crazy weather at all? I know a lot of peeps get bloody noses easy in the dry winter weather, although not sure that this would be the same....?

Val----yeah, I'm having a hard time imagining eating so few veggies so I'm going to have to think about that. I would like to do it 'to the letter' just to see what all the 'magic' is about---but I'm going to have to get really creative I think because just eating lots of meat and eggs would gross me out.

Vicki---good for you on all that exercising! Hmmmm, maybe doing a variety of things would help me get more motivated. I get bored quickly and then somehow justify not doing it at all.

Liz---I'm thinking I will start this Sunday. I'm only going to commit to 1 week at this point....any more and I'm scared my rebellious little brain could go into binge mode! But if it goes well I would go for a 2nd week and then start adding carbs back or maybe do some kind of cycling. I really want to do the '92 version of Atkins (I think it's 92, the one right before the DANDR) as that is the first one I was introduced to but 20 carbs or less doesn't give me a lot of options. Like I was saying, filling in the gaps with a bunch of meat and eggs would gross me out and not eating much might lead to fast weight loss which I would love, but I've learned over and over again during the last couple of years that that isn't what is going to work to keep these last lbs off. :blush:

So please share some of your meal ideas with me! I especially want to see how a whole day would go. I looked at the menus of peeps around here and it really scares me. They mostly eat meat---and not much of it.....I suspect the long term success rate is kind of bleak for most of them. Not that I wish that on anyone at all, but the likelihood of being able to maintain that for life is pretty slim, and the low low calories they are taking in has got to mess with their metabolism.....sigh....it makes me sad when people feel they need to go to such extremes, but the flip side is that I did that off and on forever, so I understand..... OK, off subject for a bit there but I want to see some healthy examples of induction!

Ouch on the knee thing! I have no clue what it is but do you eat enough fats? Do you take any kind of joint supps? Again---no clue just throwing out stuff I've heard people talk about before.

The barley casseole is great but the jury is still out on if my body likes it or not. I was really bloated yesterday but actually I think that started before I ate the barley--not sure, then TOM started today---so who knows. I did not get the congested feeling at all though so that is good. I ate it again today and no bloating or congestion at this point so I'm hoping it will be just fine.

Well, I think I am safe from the 'after doing good on vacation binge monster.' Yesterdays celebration went just fine and today everyone is eating cream pie and I could care less so I think I am safe.

Alright--back to work --but at least it's Friday and although I will be doing some work this weekend, I will not be coming into the office if I can help it!!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
everyone
Teresa, please friend me on CW. I sent you a PM.

Not having a good food day and dealing with a lot of emotions. Thanks goodness a buddy just called so I could vent. Be back tomorrow when I'm better.

Off to take food off my stoves on cafe world. Kathy, do you play too. If so, friend me on FB Linda Mazzaferro
Old 01-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Teresa, maybe the 20 grams of carbs will be hard to do if you don't want only protein. I suspect you may want some variety therefore being a bit more lenient on the carb (more veggies and occasional fruit, dairy) might help you to get going. Just a thought.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Hope everyone is doing good, feeling a bit sick to my stomach this morning. Not sure exactly why.

Scales are a no change today, so that is ok. BBL
Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning

Jen---hope you feel better! Are you taking vitamins daily? If not---I'm thinking it's time to start!!

Linda---sorry yesterday was a rough day, how's today going so far? You said that you have a sponsor with your program, is she/he helpful? Personally I have such a hard time asking for help (except here, cause it feels more anonymous I guess ) that I probably wouldn't reach out :blush:----but hopefully you are using her/him to the fullest!

Vicki---yeah, I might have to just up the veggies. I'm going to look around today for menus and re-review some of the books and see what I can come up with. I'd like to do it 'by the book' at least for a week just cause....well, not exactly sure why but it's just something I've been meaning to do. But if it seems like more than I'm willing to handle I will definitely up the carbs.

OK---so that is something else I can't figure out and maybe looking over the book again will help. There are maximums on the amounts of veggies, cream and cheese that you can eat but these probably won't come up to 20 carbs---depending on which ones it looks more like 10-15 to me.....so how do you get to 20 once you've maxed out on the servings of things that actually have carbs in them? I guess eggs.....but other than that I'm not sure. Well, I'm off to go figure it out....and to eat some pancakes.

Oh yeah.....and I think I have a crush on someone. Seriously, it's been so long since I've had one I'm not sure. :blush: 43 years old and I don't remember what it feels like to have a crush....sad.

Oh, and one last thing---Chloe is currently on the coffee table stradled on top of the rolled up newspaper shredding it with her teeth and spitting out the shreds all over the place. I would stop her, but it's so funny I just can't. Plus I think she is in heat again and maybe this is her way of taking out her frustrations since Jaden can't perform the necessarily functions.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa - a crush? Do we get details? Who is it?

I slept horribly last night. I've been losing my voice for the last 3-4 days and I think I'm moving towards getting truly sick. So far I've been feeling great, just sounding terrible. Today I feel blah and my nose is more stuffed up. It could just be the lack of sleep last night causing the blahs and otherise the stuffy nose wouldn't be that noticeable.

And I'm stuck in the back of a car today as we drive 6 hours to Jim's parents' place. We have a family funeral to attend tomorrow. Then 6 hours driving back on Monday. I may be more tired when I get home than I am right now.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Good morning

I posted yesterday but I don't see my post I hope I didn't post anything that was naughty

TERESA...
Quote:
OK---so that is something else I can't figure out and maybe looking over the book again will help. There are maximums on the amounts of veggies, cream and cheese that you can eat but these probably won't come up to 20 carbs---depending on which ones it looks more like 10-15 to me.....so how do you get to 20 once you've maxed out on the servings of things that actually have carbs in them? I guess eggs.....but other than that I'm not sure. Well, I'm off to go figure it out....and to eat some pancakes.
I posted almost the same exact thing yesterday

I could definitely be wrong....but I thought that the original atkins (72 version) is the one that put restrictions on quantities of salad greens and veggies?

Ok...from the '72 forum post....
Quote:
Not sixty grams of carbohydrate on this diet but zero grams
Quote:
Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes.

Quote:
So please share some of your meal ideas with me! I especially want to see how a whole day would go. I looked at the menus of peeps around here and it really scares me. They mostly eat meat---and not much of it..
I'd be glad to share some meal ideas but first I have a question regarding which plan you will follow???
If you are planning to do 20 carbs....will you count total or net carbs? That makes a big difference in the amount of veggies/salads you can eat

Quote:
Oh yeah.....and I think I have a crush on someone. Seriously, it's been so long since I've had one I'm not sure. :blush: 43 years old and I don't remember what it feels like to have a crush....sad.

YIPPEEE.....crushes are so much fun!
Of course we NEED details so we can share in the fun! How did you meet crush? Does crushee know that you have a potential crush???

cute Chloe story. Maybe I'll try her method of venting when I feel frustrated because I can't eat chocolate
How did the furkids act when you returned from Vegas? Were they more enthusiastic than normal???

VALERIE... I hope you keep feeling well and the congestion clears up. Sorry for your loss of family.

JEN...hope you are feeling better How is dgs?

LINDA...I'm not sure what I'm doing on cafe world but I appreciate the help I hope today is a better day for you.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Val---that doesn't sound like a pleasant day. Sorry for your loss. During the holidays we had several peeps at work that had some kind of virus and they lost their voices. Whatever it was it seemed to break into a cold pretty quickly but still no fun.

Liz---I can't find my 92 book. Actually I loaned the original out and never got it back but I finally replaced it and now can't find it. So I'm going from DANDR which the induction piece seems to be the same. 20 net carbs---3 cups salad OR 2 cups salad and 2/3 cup approved veggie. I haven't got to the part on the other stuff yet but I'm pretty sure it's 3-4 oz cheese and 2-3 T cream OR 1 oz sour cream. I'm kind of confused because he later says "using a carb counter, one could find other combinations totaling less than 20gm carb....." and he mentions nuts, seeds, cheeses, avocados, etc. so I don't know if he is saying those things (or more of those things) are OK too as long as you stay less than 20? I'm pretty sure it's net carbs as I think all of his stuff after 72 is about net carbs. The only thing I can think of that I would be subtracting is fiber so I'm good with that. I'm starting to think that I will just stick with induction approved foods and stay at 20 net carbs---making sure most come from veggies. If that's more than the 2/3 cup, so be it. So which induction plan are you planning to follow? I know the new one is a lot more liberal but I think all of the others have some kind of limits when it comes to veggies and certain other things....darn it. But I suppose that's part of why they are so effective.

I have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what he has to say on page 92 where he talks about what 'induction' is---it is NOT the diet, it is a corrective measure to get ready for the diet. Yet 95% of people seem to stay on induction.....and over the long run no matter if they lose to goal or not---about 95% of people end up failing. Hmmmmm, perhaps following the plan as written would increase the rate of success. Sorry---but as many of you know that is one of my huge pet peeves and the reason there are so many negative and untrue beliefs out there about Atkins/low carb. OK....off my soapbox. :blush:

My crush....it's a long story, and a very short story....and bottom line there really is no story ....yet?! I don't know, it's hit me kind of suddenly. He's a bit shy with me---yet really friendly if that makes sense---and I think several months ago he was making some subtle hints at something, but I didn't pick up on it. OK, honestly I did, but I have assumed he is about 10 years younger than me all along and didn't take it seriously (and actually kind of tried to avoid him after that :blush. Nothing against an age difference at all---but a guy in his early 30's most likely is still wanting to have a family, and sadly that's not in the cards for me. So I'm not going to put myself in a position to start a relationship only for it to end for those reasons, which are already difficult enough to deal with. Anyway, through our last few conversations I've gotten the impression that he is probably closer to my age than I thought. Not that a guy who I'm now thinking might be late 30's or 40 might not still be wanting/expecting a family, but the odds are a bit less. And I think when I realized that I all of the sudden became a little more open to the possibilities/feelings....but I may be too late or I may be reading him wrong---who knows. I also have about a zillion hang ups when it comes to dating or anyone even being interested in me---but that's a whole other therapy session. But it's kind of fun having a crush anyway! :blush:
Old 01-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz---Chloe would like to challenge you and see if you are able to shred the paper as well as she did, she is quite proud of her accomplishments today.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

For those of you that watch the "weight/obesity" related shows, I Used To Be Fat is on MTV at 3pm (central time). I'm assuming it's a rerun from this weeks show, but not sure as I keep forgetting it's even on. Also on A&E later tonight, like maybe 9 or 10pm the show Heavy is on. I saw adds for that awhile ago but I guess I didn't realize it had started....or maybe this is the first one, no clue. There was another one that I caught once---Tons of Fun or something like that. I thought it was going to be a series but I've never seen anything about it again.

OK, there are my TV updates for the day.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

I've never seen I Used to be Fat. Is it any good? Sometimes I like shows about weight and obesity, sometimes not. Those 600 lb man type of shows bother me. I find the entertainment value of it distasteful and then watching just makes me uncomfortable, maybe just a little too close to home and realizing that there but for the grace of God... it could have been me.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

I only saw one of the I Used To Be Fat shows. It was a 18 year old girl (who whined a lot) and lost 90ish lbs during the summer before going to college. Very much like biggest loser--big focus on lots of exercise and a trainer. Not particularly great but I'm going to check it out. Shoot---it's on right now, guess I'll turn it on!

The Heavy one I don't know a lot about. Supposedly very inspirational according to the ads I saw as well as I think I read something about it on this site. If I remember I'll try to catch it tonight. Most of these shows either don't talk about the eating plan or it's low fat so it doesn't do a lot for me. They are so focused on rapid loss and unrealistic (to me) exercise plans anymore that I get bored/turned off pretty quickly.

I go back and forth on the 600+ lb men kind of stories as well. Sometimes the denial, etc. are good reminders for me, but ultimately they usually have sad/discouraging endings.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all, I still have a really bad headache and so sick to my stomach. Not sure why tho. UGH!!!

Teresa- A crush, how cool.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Alright Jen, so are you taking your vitamins?? Also--do you get migraines and/or could this be one? Hope you get better soon---being sick on the weekend really sucks!

So this episode (or what I saw of it ) of I Used To Be Fat was pretty good. Another 18 year old (or somewhere around that age) but they got a little more into the emotional part of it, family involvement, etc. And during the summer she 'only' lost 49 lbs which is much more realistic. She wanted to lose 100. Then they showed her 3 months later and she had lost another 25ish I think. Anyway, she whined some too but was not nearly as annoying as the other girl I saw.

Little Ms Chloe is giving me a run for my money today. She is way out of control. Maybe it's PMS....or actually PH(heat)S? I think she is driving Jaden crazy too.

Trying to clean out all of my carbier and/or non induction type stuff today. Not throw it away or anything but 'out of sight, out of mind.' You'd think I was going to be doing induction for months or something instead of 1 week. But I want to make sure the peanut butter isn't calling my name....OK, well I'm sure it will be but I'm trying to make it at least a little harder to get to! :blush:

Another induction question I haven't found an answer to yet---can I have half n half? I'm not at all opposed to cream but I have almost a full thing of h&h that I'd rather use first.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen---do you have any peppermint tea? Might help with the stomach ache a little.....?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

First day of induction and I've probably already screwed it up. Breakfast was: omelet with 3 eggs, what I am guessing is 1 oz of cheese, lots of ham and a couple T's of h&h fried in butter and topped with sour cream---about 2 oz (oops :blush and sf ketchup---probably 1 T. As you can tell, I don't measure anything! So I think I am at 7 carbs for the day already--and I haven't even had any veggies. My stomach is making weird noises---I think it's very confused by this food. Not that I wouldn't eat an omelet, but usually less of the above, add some veggies and a muffin or sprouted toast.77777777777777777777777777777777777777777777 77777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777 77 <<<< that was compliments of Chloe, who is still being a little spit fire!

For some reason we have robins, usually they don't come back until like March. I'm hoping this means that spring is coming earlier! The cats have been spending a lot of time looking at the patio door 'barking' at them.

No idea yet what's for lunch.....maybe ketosis will kick in and I will have no appetite. But dinner is gonna be a big fat steak with cauli mash (w/cream cheese, butter, cheddar--yum). I am definitely not going to try to cut calories at all---I just want to see what will happen by cutting carbs. If this doesn't work or if I actually get the 'I don't want to eat' feeling, then I'll cut back. Right now I'm just looking at this as an experiment---both if I can lose while cutting back on carbs only AND to kind of test if these aminos are really balancing me out. In the past trying induction style eating or really anything below about 40 carbs left me with this weird hunger, unable to sleep and just in general a mess. It usually takes about 3-5 days for me to just feel horrible when my carbs are too low, so a week should be plenty of time to really test this all out. And of course if I start feeling that again I'm abandoning the experiment I can deal with induction flu and that kind of stuff but I have no desire to go back to the way that ketosis or whatever it was used to make me feel.

OK---done rambling to myself for now. And just where are all of you??
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, and I did watch Heavy last night on A&E. Similar to the others---Biggest Loser, etc. with lots of exercise/trainer and no real discussion of food plans. However, it was just 2 people and they were people I could relate to more than the 18 year olds on I Used To Be Fat and they spent a bit more time on the realities of obesity, emotional/family stuff, habits, excuses, etc. I liked it better than most of the obesity shows out there right now.

I always wonder if they don't talk about food plans because they basically have these people starving? I mean if not---shouldn't that be one of the main topics? I understand that not moving contributes to obesity---but isn't what and how much we put in our mouths the main problem? I don't know, that always annoys me that they seem to be hiding and/or ignoring that part of it all.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Teresa, OK, go to FB and on your wal or my wall and you will see the cafe bonus page. Click on it and allow access. I'll be back here tonight to post and read, promise. Right now I've got to go get food off/on the stove.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon all. Crazy day. Babysitting today. I too have decided to try to do induction today but I didn't really have bf this morning so .

Lunch was a salad and some beef sausage.

Have a great day all.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys, Teresa and Jennifer, good luck on induction. You can do it!!! Teresa, don't beat yourself up about a little ketchup. It's progress, not perfection that will get us there. I know what you mean about the TV shows on weight loss. I totally agree with you that although we need to exercise it is not the exercise or lack of it that got us where we are. It really IS about the food. If you don't get on a food plan that works and that you can live with then what happens when the exercise stops. Helllooooo, weight comes right back.

I am having a good day. I went to church this morning, then to the gym and then went to have a manicure and pedicure. Roger had to go out of town so I am just relaxing and plan to watch TV and chill. I'm cooking some Tuna muffins right now that I haven't made in ages. Tomorrow is a long day at work so I need to get all of tomorrow's meals prepared.

Later.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 01-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just took my Tuna Muffins out of the oven and thought I'd post the recipe. Although I did lowcarb, I never really did induction so I'm not sure if they are induction friendly. I made the first version but have made both and if you like warm tuna, you,ll like these.

Teresa, which was not on induction the sour cream or SF ketchup?

TUNA MUFFINS
1 can tuna drained
3 eggs
2 cups cottage cheese
grated onion for taste
salt and pepper
mix together put in muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes at 350
Calories 65 Fat 1.9, carb 1.17, prot 10g

TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS
2 6-ounce cans tuna or salmon, drained well
2 eggs
1/4 cup celery, chopped fine, 1 ounce
2 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 1/2 ounce
1/4 cup green pepper, minced, 1 ounce
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pinch Old Bay seasoning
Mix all ingredients and spoon into 6 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.
Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen
Per Serving: 109 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
I serve these with Tartar Sauce or Chipotle Mayo. They are also really good topped with sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms, then a bit of the Chipotle Mayo.
Here's a slightly larger recipe:

TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS
Three 6 ounce cans tuna or salmon, well-drained
3 eggs
1 stalk celery, chopped fine
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped fine, 2 1/4 ounces
3 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 2 ounces
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix all ingredients and spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.

Makes 12 servings

Per Serving: 109 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g
Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Scales jumped up to 212. UGH!!! What the ????? I am going to be strict on induction this week for sure.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 AM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning, Monday, we all know how I feel about that

Jen---yay--an induction partner!! So will you start counting carbs and reporting them daily with me? That sucks on the scale, but give it a few days and I bet it will start behaving.

Linda---Sounds like you had a very nice day----good for you getting in some 'me' time!! I take it Roger is your DH/BF? I know you said you are a spin instructor, what other kinds of exercising do you do? And could you please get me motivated to do some?! :blush:

Shoot, I didn't even think about the sf ketchup not being ok for induction....hmmm, not sure. Where I did mess up was with 2 oz of sour cream---only 1 oz allowed.....AND that is only if you don't have cream, and I had h&h.....so I botched it up all the way around! :blush:

I've made tuna muffins before---very tasty! The 2nd/3rd would work for induction but not the 1st--no cottage cheese for me yet. It cracks me up that the 2nd one says it's 6 servings....ummm, that would be 2 for me. :blush:

Day 1 of induction went well. I actually didn't end up eating lunch because breakfast was so late I decided to just have an early dinner. Didn't really get hungry and felt pretty good. Sleep sucked but that may have been because I slept like 8 hours Sat night (which is fantastic for me ) and often after a really good night sleep I have a sucky one so I'm not going to jump to any conclusions yet. Carbs yesterday were probably 15 at most and cals probably 1500 at most. Scale was down .4 this morning but it probably would have been regardless the carbs just because it was lower cals than usual. So on to day 2. Carbs today should be around 18 and as long as I remember to slip some coconut oil in my tea a couple of times today cals should be around 2000. Crap, that's what I should have done yesterday but it didn't occur to me.

I got a fantastic bargain at the grocery store. Philly cream cheese has these dips that are different flavors and come in 4 packs. Each tub is about the size of a regular tub of cream cheese. They are usually 10.00 for the pack---these were on sale for .99 for the 4 pack due to exp date in Feb. I bought 4 4packs! :blush: I used the white cheddar chipolte one in my mashed cauli last night---yum! The other flavor is parm/motz/sundried tomato which will also be great in casseroles plus that is similar to the concoction I make to put in stuffed chicken breasts so I will be trying that out for sure. The packages say 'do not freeze' on them, but I'm gonna anyway! I figure I'm going to use them in casseroles, etc. so even if the texture is a little different after freezing it shouldn't be a big deal. I freeze plain cream cheese all the time and although it would not stand up so well for making a cheesecake, it still works great in other things.

OK--so when I came into my office this morning there was a little sticker on my desk that says 'save paper and resources...earth day every day.' Ummm, not sure how big this initiative is but there are over 400 people in this dept, over 4000 on this campus, somewhere in the 10's of thousands of us in this city and way over 100,000 (actually probably 200,000) of us in this company.....no matter who all got the stickers that seems like kind of a waste of resources if you ask me. Wouldn't an e-mail have worked and been more 'green?'

OK, now to try to get some work done. I'm so not in the mood....and the boss is gone today...so I suspect it won't be a very productive day.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Ummmm, I'm bored. Who wants to entertain me today?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Ummmm, I'm bored. Who wants to entertain me today?
You're funny I am at work so sorry I can't entertain you As far as the exercise goes, right now since I've gained about 25-30 lb. of my overr 100 lb. loss I'm a chubby Spin Instructor. I also teach a class callled Silver Sneakers which is muscular strength and range of movement for senior adults. We use resistance bands, weights, a ball and do balance and corrodination exercises with a short cardio warmup and a stretch and relaxation at the end. I also take Bodypump 3 times a week which is a total body weighted workout. I do Bodyflow (combo of taichi, yoga and pilates) 1-2 times a week. I just started doing Body Attack which is the "mother" of all the Les Mills workouts in my opinion. In that class there is jogging which I don't do well with as I've had knee surgery so I walk/jog. You can go to lesmills.com and click on classes to see them all. RPM is the spin calss I teach. To me, there is no greater way to stay motivated to exercise than group fitness classes. I do, however, have a backup of exercise DVD's that I would be happy to share with you. Also, last year I did the p90X program and talk about discipline, OMG, you must be to do that. It is 90 days of hard, hard work every day except one and even on that day there is a stretch DVD you can do.

I am semi-retired and my primary occupation is performing Echocardiograms which I now do just 2 days a week. Speaking of which that is where I am right now so I'd better get back to it. I had a patient cancel but my next patient should be here shortly.

So there you go, not too entertaining, but something to read.

KUTGW with induction
Closed Thread