LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #1501
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Hello.....???

Jen---I have PCOS, the solution is pretty easy---low carb. I wasn't dx'd until right around my 40th b-day---one of those suckers blowing up was actually how they discovered the huge tumor on my ovary. Anyway, low carb will take care of it and if she is planning on having more babies she will most likely have no problems as long as she gets control of the insulin resistance.

Kathy---you rebel you! Congrats on the virgin low!! I wish I liked watermelon---it always looks so good but all melons just taste like sugar water to me.....hmmmm, you'd think I would like that but I really don't like things that are really sweet---need to have some sour or saltiness with my sweets I guess.

Vicki---so how is the HCG thing going? Is this day 1 or day 2? I hear the first few days can be rough but hang in there and supposedly it gets easier.

Where is everyone else??

Vegging out day for me. Decided I am not even going to think about going into work this weekend---I am so far behind at this point I just need some time to relax and hopefully be ready to go in and tackle it all next week...hopefully! Next week is Health and Wellness week at work so lots of interesting activities---hopefully I'll get time to go participate in some of it. Planning to go have my BMI tested/measured/whatever. Having a 'healthy' potluck also---need to figure out what to make. I'm kind of thinking about the bean brownies/cake since we have a lot of low fatters. We also have a couple of diabetics, another one with some other medical issues that doesn't eat sugar and one who has had WLS who doesn't eat sugar...so I'm thinking the bean cake might be a hit. Only problem is I'm exhausted when I get home at night and that's not something I can make too far ahead I don't think. Hmmmm, I'll have to do some thinking on this.

I have taken 3 walks today--for some reason I am full of restless energy. I suppose just from being so wound up all week maybe. Eating has been good---need to get back to my journal and start tracking stuff again, just seems like too much work right now!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #1502
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
It has been a busy day today for me. I was down 6 lbs and am 210.8. This is R1P2VLCD2. The unfortunate thing is, I don't consider anything above 205 a loss really because I have been hovering around 200-205 for several months now. Therefore, the 11 lbs gained I don't really want to count since it was only temporary. When I begin to lose from 205, then it will really mean something to me. Does that make sense?

I even made it through ok tonight. My ex was remarried today and both kids, youngest son and oldest who is here from out of state, were in attendance. I had plans with a friend to do something to take my mind off of it, but that fell through as both of us were wiped out by 4:30.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #1503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Wow didn't know that Teresa thanks. I have been talking to her about low carb for some time and she wants to try it. I will definitely tell her.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #1504
Blabbermouth!!!

Yipee, 205.4 today vlcd3. Down 5.4 lbs from yesterday for a total 2 day loss of 11.4. However, I am sure it has been mostly water weight despite what Simeon says. Anyways, I will take it. Now that I am at the 205 mark, what I lose from now on really counts in my book.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #1505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Hanging tight at 205.4 this morning. Hope you all have a great day. HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all. Scales at 204.6 this morning. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #1507
Big Yapper!!!!

Wooohooo---go Jen!

Holy Cow Vicki---you were holding on to some serious water weight!! I agree with not counting the loading weight as your beginning weight. I don't think Dr S. was dealing with peeps like us who can pack away some serious amounts of food when given permission to 'load.' I tend to think most of his clients were in the 10-20lb overweight range at their highest so I suspect he didn't have a lot of experience with folks who are or have been morbidly obese...I mean, how common was that in 1950's Italy?

So I got up and ready this morning and left about 6 a.m. in the pouring--and I mean pouring--rain....only to remember that I have a dentist appt this morning and I'm not going into the office until after. Oh well, just got 2 showers this morning, and 2 changes of clothes.

WI 156.6 which is up .4....10 days to meet my goal of 155.anything so I best be getting serious. Had a wee bit of a melt down with sf chocolate last night and it truly tasted gross...and gave me a stomach ache of course. I'm learning with each of these bouts of uncontrolled/unplanned eating that it means I am doing something 'wrong' with the way I'm eating. This time I'm pretty sure it's that I'm not getting enough protein. I'm in the "lazy don't want to plan mode" again and grabbing something quick doesn't usually equal meat or eggs for me. At the very least I need to boil some eggs and have them handy---but mostly I just need to do my planning/prepping on the weekends....gosh how I resent that. So since I didn't do any of that this weekend, I will be playing catch up tonight and doing some cooking/baking.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #1508
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, and the other thing that I've been doing 'wrong' the last several days is too much fruit--I've gone through 2 lbs of strawberries and 1 lb of frozen cherry/berry mix as well as a couple of apples in the last 4-5 days. So much for trying to eat less bananas...I do much better with bananas so for right now---lectins (from the Blood Type theory) be damned!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:11 AM   #1509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Oh, and the other thing that I've been doing 'wrong' the last several days is too much fruit--I've gone through 2 lbs of strawberries and 1 lb of frozen cherry/berry mix as well as a couple of apples in the last 4-5 days. So much for trying to eat less bananas...I do much better with bananas so for right now---lectins (from the Blood Type theory) be damned!
Old 06-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #1510
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kathy76
Stats: (313)282/160.8/155-160
Start Date: 9/19/05
Today's weigh in was 155.0. I should be happy about that but, Saturday I was 154.2 and Sunday I was 153.0 so I was actually up 2lbs today. But, I can live with a loss of 2.4 lbs for the week. I just checked and TOM is due pretty much any day now...ugh.

Teresa~ We are just now getting your rain.....thanks..not. I hope you have a good dentist appt.

Jen~ Congrats on your drop on the scale!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #1511
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea, Jenn for being down.

Kathy, hang in there. You have a good attitude.

Teresa, I also suspect back in the 50's people didn't need as much to lose either because they weren't inflicted with factory food and processed crap either.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #1512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RBear62767
Stats: 280/145/150
WOE: Nothing white!
Start Date: 9/4/01
Hi, all! I was away for most of the weekend. I live near the beach and I'm able to spend most of my weekends there during the summer. The downside to that is that it seems like (much like last weekend) I come home from the shore with a few extra pounds, which I generally have to shed during the week. Now I don't mind maintaining, but this morning I was 153, which is out of my range. I'm normally in the 145 to 149 range. I know what I'm doing wrong, and I just have to snap out of it.

Now while I know I can do it, I have to ask myself why do I push the envelope and have to see a really bad number to kick my butt into gear? People can say what they want but maintaining for me is difficult at times. It turns into losing the same 5 pounds again and again and again. Just once I'd like to go to the shore on a Friday at 146 and come home and 146. But there's wine and dinner out and this weekend there was a Dairy Queen incident...

I can guarantee you that by Friday I will be down to at least 147 or 148, but why do I do this to myself? :-(

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, (lowcarb) chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #1513
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBear62767 View Post
Hi, all! I was away for most of the weekend. I live near the beach and I'm able to spend most of my weekends there during the summer. The downside to that is that it seems like (much like last weekend) I come home from the shore with a few extra pounds, which I generally have to shed during the week. Now I don't mind maintaining, but this morning I was 153, which is out of my range. I'm normally in the 145 to 149 range. I know what I'm doing wrong, and I just have to snap out of it.

Now while I know I can do it, I have to ask myself why do I push the envelope and have to see a really bad number to kick my butt into gear? People can say what they want but maintaining for me is difficult at times. It turns into losing the same 5 pounds again and again and again. Just once I'd like to go to the shore on a Friday at 146 and come home and 146. But there's wine and dinner out and this weekend there was a Dairy Queen incident...

I can guarantee you that by Friday I will be down to at least 147 or 148, but why do I do this to myself? :-(
I think having a 5 lb window seems doable. As long as you are able to get back into your comfort zone during the week, hey, what the heck.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 AM   #1514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning all. Hanging tough at 204.8 today. Not in much of a talking mood today, not sure whats up with that. Have a great day all.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:46 AM   #1515
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Jen---sorry you're....well, I was going to say 'in a funk' but maybe that's not it? Maybe you're just in a 'contemplative' kind of mood? Whatever it is know that if you need to 'dump' anything or talk it out--this is the place to do it!

Vicki--couldn't agree with you more on the processed crap! I'm coming more and more to believe that it's not how my body handles/reacts to carbs--it's the processing, additives, stripping of natural nutrients, etc. that my body doesn't tolerate. I've thought since starting low carb that I eat pretty much whole foods---and I do in that I don't eat processed meats, very little cheese, rarely drink pop, don't do the bars/shakes/etc. that most low carbers dive into. I really thought my only exception was CQ which I've pretty much weaned myself off of and the sf chocolate that I used to only use in baking but now have come to abuse on occasion. :blush: But there are so many more things I am now reconsidering...like my beloved Erythritol and for that matter Stevia. Seriously, that stuff has to be way refined/processed..... I'm realizing that just because something is low carb or low glycemic or whatever and comes from natural sources---doesn't mean it's healthy.

Regina---In my opinion it's all part of the process of learning how to maintain. I used to do the same thing---bounced all over the place and by the time I finally put a stop to it I ultimately landed 20 lbs up from my low of 140. Overtime I have learned to balance and I rarely gain more than a lb or two on vacations, special occasions, etc. and yet eat like a queen! Maintaining is hard---but it's also kind of become 'fun' in a weird way now that I'm getting it...like 3+ years later! Now I just need to start being a bit more diligent and slowly edge my way back down to a weight that I'm happier with.

Kathy--- You're at goal---why am I not hearing some whooping and hollerin?! Enjoy where you're at and don't worry about some water weight. Now's the time to start figuring out how to transition back into normal eating and maintaining.

Gotta go get ready for a presentation---please let this go smoothly I have put about 3 months of work into this sucker and I'm so ready to be done with it....or at least done with this part of it.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #1516
Major LCF Poster!

Jen, I'm not real talkative this morning either. It's odd for me. I'm usually so chatty. I think it's just that I'm moving into a different phase. School is out. My son is usually working (almost 19) and my daughter (16) is still sleeping when I leave the house. DH is working nights, so don't really see him at all during the week. It's almost like I'm living life like a single person. I think I'm going to use this opportunity to get in some "me time" in the form of pampering and some more exercise.

Teresa, I'm pretty much at a good weight for me, but just find it difficult to wrap my head around the fact that I can literally gain 7 pounds in one weekend then lose it in three days. My fear, of course, is that one of these weeeknds it's not going to leave. But I'm working on this. This weekend I plan on being more active, getting in some treadmill and/or a long bike ride.

I was 149 this morning, so I am getting back to my "good" weight.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #1517
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, What I put into my body has evolved since I started doing low carb a few years ago. I too, am more concerned over what I put into my mouth and body besides being low carb. For example, bacon is low carb but what about the nitrates and junk? Wrapped cheese slices are low carb but what was the cow fed that produced the milk to make the cheese and so on.

I have come to the conclusion that I need an industrial size refrigerator because I cook from scratch now and those foods need refrigeration for the most part. The unfortunate thing is, the house that I live in doesn't have the space for that type of refrig in my kitchen. In fact, I took measurements for a new fridge, and even a basic 20 cubic foot refrig will stick out too far ARGH. So, if the current one shells out, I am going to be in a world of hurt. I do have a basement and could put a refrig down there though.

(((((((Jenn))))))) be gentle with yourself today.

Woot, woot. Down 2 lbs today. I feel thinner and lighter too. I walked outside this morning and actually felt like I had a bit of a spring in my step and could go a bit faster than the last time I walked.

I had supper out last night and the salad I ordered with grilled chicken comes with ranch dressing already on it. This was posted in the menu and I asked the waiter to bring vinegar on the side instead. He told me they only had balsamic and I said that was fine. When the salad came, I took a bite and the ranch dressing was on it. I sent it back and he apologized. The 2nd salad came and there was a small pitcher with what I assume was balsamic vinegar, yet it didn't look as clear as vinegar should, kind of cloudy. I poured it on any ways. I am wondering now if there was oil with it? I had a good loss anyways. But, I guess I did the best I could. Maybe next time I should just aske for lemon wedges to squeeze on top instead. That way I know what it is.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #1518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Morning!

Jen---sorry you're....well, I was going to say 'in a funk' but maybe that's not it? Maybe you're just in a 'contemplative' kind of mood? Whatever it is know that if you need to 'dump' anything or talk it out--this is the place to do it!
Ok you asked for it. :blush: I guess I am just in a feeling sorry for myself mood. I go home every night ( but it is not home) I sleep in someone elses bed and wear someone elses clothes. They don't fit right but I have to wear what I have. Sometimes I feel like everything is so upside down and I just want to cry. I never seem to get done putting things away. Their is just not enough hours in the day. Our refrigerator is sooooo small that once something gets in there I can't find it for everything that is stacked on top of it. UGH!!! I can soooo relate to feeling like I live a single life. DH is gone most of the time driving a truck (God knows we need the money but I miss him being around). Then I get up at 5:30 and leave for work alone and come home and eat supper and mostly go to bed. Again they're are just not enough hours in the day. I know that it is just a matter of time and we will be back home but it really is so frustrating. I have been eating well the last few days and the weight is slowly going down, and that is fine with me because it seems to stay gone for the most part. I just need to get my mind in the right frame to stay on track and work toward my goal of getting back home and getting into a size 6. Sorry for dumping but.....

239/195.2/145
Old 06-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #1519
Big Yapper!!!!

Awww Jen---I can't even imagine what you are going through. You have gone through one of the biggest losses a person can go through--and although of course it is a blessing that everyone survived, it doesn't mean that all the other losses weren't important. You lost your home...all of the things, the familiarity, the comfort, the memories... So I don't think you are feeling sorry for yourself--I think you are feeling a very appropriate normal feeling of loss, and you are grieving---which is also normal. I wish I had some good advise for getting through it, but I agree with you that to a large degree it is a matter of time. But also make sure you are getting this stuff out. Just being able to dump it somewhere can at least take some of the stress/anger/sadness off your shoulders for a little bit....so don't hesitate to dump it here---we can take it!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:24 AM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Teresa! It does feel good to get things out once in a while.

Scales were good this morning 204.2 slowly creeping down. eating well, just later at night. We have had Bible school this week and I don't eat there because the food is not what I should eat. Pasta and pigs in a blanket. (gag) anyway have to eat when I get home around 9 but tonight is the last night.

I am feeling some better today. I spoke with the insurance adjuster and maybe we are starting to get somewhere, I don't know.

Have a great day all.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #1521
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, Jenn, I didn't know your back story. Hugs! I have a very close friend who lost her house to fire and was displaced for a year, and it was extremely stressful for her. I feel horrible to have complained about my husband working at nights and not having much of a life with all you're going through.

Last night I decided to break out of my rut and my daughter and I went to the movies. We saw Bridesmaids, and it was really funny! We poked around in Whole Foods before the movies, and they have so much cool stuff in there! I think next week I'm going to take a ride up there and hit Trader's Joe's and Whole Foods and do a little shopping.

Anyway, in much better spirits this moring. Still at 149 and feeling ok about that. Would love to be 147 by Friday so I can start the process all over again!

Hope everyone has a nice day!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #1522
Major LCF Poster!

Jen~ I hope the insurance adjuster gets things moving quickly. I can only imagine what your family must be going through Congrats on the scale movement.....before too long you will be seeing that 199

My door to the fridge got left open a little bit the other night causing it to run all night. Basically anything in the top half is ruined I moved the milk, mayo & meat to the garage fridge and turned the one in the house colder. Apparently, when your motor runs for so long it can ice over the vent that goes between the freezer & fridge.....that is what happened. Now, I have to empty everything out and put what I can fit in the garage. I sent a bunch of frozen stuff home with my mom to put in her deepfreeze. I have a LOT of stuff in my large sidebyside refrigerator. It is about 1/2 way done.

Good thing tomorrow is trash day......bad thing that last Thursday I rushed out of the house to make it to Zumba....then to Spencer's swim class...I forgot to put the trash to the curb. So, I already had a lot of trash...ugh.

My weight has stayed the same the last 3 days 155.0. TOM should be here Friday...just in time for Spencer's bday party & our trip to Warren Dunes on Sat

Aldi's has strawberries for .99/lb again this week....I might just turn into one pretty soon
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #1523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks all.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #1524
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning....well, by the time I get done posting it will probably be afternoon here also! Either way---Happy Hump Day!!

Regina---I'm guessing the large increases over the weekends are because you either eat more or very differently than you do during the week....? If so, that might just be your form of maintaining. You seem to be able to manage it well so maybe it's worth those extra lbs if it's a pattern that works for you and helps you maintain. If not, maybe work some of the weekend stuff into your weekday routine so it's not such a shock to your system and you might be less likely to overdo if it's stuff you eat/drink on a somewhat regular basis....? Just some random thoughts. Either way, you seem to be doing great and I'm guessing if you are like most people the 'way' you maintain will continue to evolve and change overtime until you find the best fit for you.

Vicki---I'm with you on the needing a bigger fridge (and for me freezer) thing---and I'm only feeding me! :blush: Congrats on the 2 lbs!! So how is the HCG going? Are you feeling hungry? Lots of energy or lack of energy? Inquiring minds want to know!

Jen--glad you're feeling a bit better! I personally think it's amazing that you have maintained and even lost weight with everything going on. For me--once I went through my first really big 'trials' in life while trying to lose--and I managed to stay on course....that's when I started believing in myself and realizing that I could truly make this a life change. I know you've struggled with believing in yourself and that you can do this---but this I believe points to the fact that not only CAN you do this--you ARE doing this!!!

Kathy---that sucks on the fridge---what a pain! Glad you were able to rescue some stuff...but still. So when are you done with the HCG? Hope you all have fun this weekend---and to Spencer!

Liz---where are you?

Healthy pot luck today, and surprisingly I have been able to find quite a few 'healthy for me' things to munch on. I ended up making zucchini muffins and pb cookies. The pb cookies are a bit too sweet I think--not sure exactly what I did differently to them. But they are otherwise very good IMO. And the zuch muffins are great---had one for breakfast and having another one now. :blush: I used date sugar for part of the sugar and it added a very nice taste.

Tonight I think I'm going to go roller skating. Trying to convince the neighbors to come with me, but even if they don't, I'm going anyway---assuming that I get out of work at a decent time. I'm trying to find 1 'new' or different active thing to do a couple times a month. Horseback riding a couple weeks ago---roller skating tonight. Maybe I'm going through a mid life crisis. But, it burns a lot of cals and since it's supposed to rain I probably won't be able to get in a walk tonight--so skating it is. If I don't check in tomorrow just know I'm at the hospital recovering from some horrible roller rink accident.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #1525
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, yes, I am hungry but not too bad. I guess it is worth it. Yea, the refrig would be primarily only for me as I only have my son a few days a week and my fiance' the same.

Down 2 lbs and into onederland, I hope it sticks.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #1526
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki~ Congrats on getting into wonderland Change your stats it says 299.8!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #1527
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy76 View Post
Vicki~ Congrats on getting into wonderland Change your stats it says 299.8!
Got it changed, someone PM'd me. EGAD, no 299 for me ever again, I hope.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #1528
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks to my current WOE (hHCG), not isolating and posting regularly, and, standing up for myself, I am down another 2 lbs.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #1529
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning---its Thursday!! And I think maybe it is the first day of summer....or maybe the 2nd or 3rd day....not sure. It's chilly and the high is only going to be 70 today, so it does not feel like summer.

Have a good one ladies.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #1530
Big Yapper!!!!

Go Vicki go!!
Closed Thread