WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Welcome Linda.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
LINDA... I'm so glad to see you posting!!!!
It might be a bit quieter in here for a few days while the main chatterbox (<-----meant to be HIGHLY complimentary) Teresa is sinning in sin city.

Linda is my EXERCISE HERO! She started off obese and totally out of shape (you can see her before pix in her link) and has transformed into a spinning instructor who also takes several other exercise classes weekly! She also recently did PX90!

Plus she is a smart and nice lady! Glad to see her finally post!
Now if I didn't scare her away with compliments:blush:

Time for me to go eat lunch!
I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
It might be a bit quieter in here for a few days while the main chatterbox (<-----meant to be HIGHLY complimentary) Teresa is sinning in sin city.

Linda is my EXERCISE HERO! She started off obese and totally out of shape (you can see her before pix in her link) and has transformed into a spinning instructor who also takes several other exercise classes weekly!
I love spinning. I wish their was a class closer to me. It is so addictive.

Teresa a chatterbox We love you Teresa
Old 01-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
My friend Linda told be about this group and another friend Liz is here too. I have regained about 20-25 lbs and am struggling to get it back off. I know that the support here and accountability helps.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Thanks for the welcome.

Quote:

Linda is my EXERCISE HERO! She started off obese and totally out of shape (you can see her before pix in her link) and has transformed into a spinning instructor who also takes several other exercise classes weekly! She also recently did PX90!

Plus she is a smart and nice lady! Glad to see her finally post!
Now if I didn't scare her away with compliments:blush:

Time for me to go eat lunch!
I hope everyone is having a good day!
We have a MUTUAL fan club going on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
My friend Linda told be about this group and another friend Liz is here too. I have regained about 20-25 lbs and am struggling to get it back off. I know that the support here and accountability helps.
C'mon Vicki, we can do this. Did it befor, can do it again. Watch out ladies because when this girl gets on a roll her numbers drop like flies.

Off to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting tonight, later.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
VICKI... I'm so glad to see you posting!

Are you still going to TOPS? I've checked into local groups and found one I may check out. I'm also considering WW.
Quote:
C'mon Vicki, we can do this. Did it befor, can do it again. Watch out ladies because when this girl gets on a roll her numbers drop like flies.
ITA with Linda! I look forward to cheering you on as you succeed!

Are you following any particular woe/plan?

LINDA... I hope you have a good meeting tonight!

Time for me to do a bit more exercise. 1 hour on the treadmill!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aijarama
Stats: 280/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/06 @280, 5/10 @242
Konichiwa everybody!!!!

Hi to everyone I haven't met! I started a new job in December where I couldn't post as often, and then went to Japan over the holidays, so I'm really just getting back into the swing of things.

Hope everyone had a great and not totally counteractive holiday .

In Japan, the land of the carb, I maintained my weight, which is all I really wanted to do. Came back around 208. Now my goal is to focus on exercising 5-6 days a week. Tbh I have NO idea what my plan is with food...I'm not sure I'm ready to re-induct and go back on Atkins just yet. I'm just trying to keep portions controlled and only eat when I'm hungry right now, and see where that gets me the next couple weeks.

Back to the fight to get to ONEderland!!! I've missed everyone!
219 by 7/3/10 - ACHIEVED 7/1
209 by 8/7/10 (Bellydance recital ) not quite
209 by 9/15/10 still no!
209 by 10/15/10 DONE!
199... hopefully sometime soon!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey

Aija so glad to see you back. Its been a while. How have you been.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, just a quick check in to say I'M HUNGRY An hour ago I felt satisfied and now I don't think it's even actual hunger as I had a late, good dinner. I think I just want to eat but KITCHEN IS CLOSED period. I had a good meeting tonight and I'm just not going to ruin a good, onplan day by eating now. Off to bed shortly.

Aija, good job on maintaining while in Japan.

Liz, it's good to be posting with you again too.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:36 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Starting HCG today, two days of fat loading. Here we go. I was 190 today and I haven't been too happy with the bouncing around ARGH. Time to get serious.

Liz and Linda, you are right, I haven't had too much difficult with losing. Let's hope it is that way now. Good to see you guys.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AIJA So glad to see you back!!!

Quote:
Konichiwa everybody!!!!
did you just call us a bunch of wet noodles or big hairy monkeys???
Is that Japanese for hello?? Did you learn much of the language during your trip?

Quote:
I started a new job in December where I couldn't post as often
, how is the new job going? It's nice that they let you take time off to go to Japan

Quote:
In Japan, the land of the carb, I maintained my weight, which is all I really wanted to do. Came back around 208.
FANTASTIC!!!! I'd love to hear any and all details re. your trip when/if you have time! Did you enjoy the cuisine? Did you eat a lot of fish???

Quote:
Back to the fight to get to ONEderland!!!
I'm excited to watch your progress! You can do it! You can do ANYTHING after maintaining in carbland!

Quote:
I've missed everyone!
You've been very missed!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KATHY...

VALERIE...
Quote:
Busy, busy, busy at work. It's cutting into my forum time! Just two more days though and the worst will be over.
is today the last day of hectic work? Hope to see you back on the forum more!

JEN... How is the weather? Are you back at work?
Quote:
Teresa a chatterbox We love you Teresa
YES, we DO adore Teresa........in fact, I'm already getting Teresa withdrawl
I hope she's having lots of fun in Vegas

LINDA...glad to hear you had a good meeting and WTG on posting instead of reacting to "hunger".

"head hunger", for me, can be even more painful than actual hunger. But the great thing is that it passes if ignored. I had a bad case last night of munchitis after eating a really good and healthy dinner. I resisted and went to bed early. THEN I woke up with a headache and a really strong urge to EAT. I told myself I could eat if I was still hungry in 15 minutes. I fell back asleep! YAY!

VICKI...
Quote:
Starting HCG today, two days of fat loading. Here we go. I was 190 today and I haven't been too happy with the bouncing around ARGH. Time to get serious.
Good luck on the hcg! Please let us know if it helps with the hunger.
I hope you enjoy your fat loading.

Quote:
Liz and Linda, you are right, I haven't had too much difficult with losing. Let's hope it is that way now. Good to see you guys.
I recall that you had a consistent and very healthy rate of loss. Your determination and adherence to plan is what made you a winner....or "loser". I'm sure you'll do great this time as well!

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-14-2011 at 07:57 AM..
Old 01-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Does anyone use a nonstick skillet/pan? I've been reluctant to use them since reading that the fumes from cooking can actually kill a pet bird.

I don't have a pet bird and perhaps it is sensationalized a bit but it still concerned me.

I was happy to find a pan that is supposedly safer and is not crazy expensive. I found it at an health food store for about $20 but I see that the brand is also carried at Target.
The brand is ecolution.

re. the nonstick coating..."
What is PFOA-FREE Hydrolon Non-Stick?

Cookware by Ecolution with Hydrolon Non-Stick employs a new WATER BASED application system, marketed exclusively by Ecolution. The HYDROLON brand will only be placed on non-stick coatings that do not contain any PFOA, unlike traditional Teflon type non-sticks which use PFOA. Hydrolon PFOA-Free non-stick is super easy to clean and is dishwasher safe."

I just wanted to share in case anyone else has concerns re. nonstick cookware. I've used my pan for a couple of weeks and have been very satisfied with the performance.

I do use stainless steel and cast iron but some foods just do better, imo, in nonstick.

If anyone knows of other "green" healthier nonstick cookware please share.
The hydrolon "sounds' like a good idea...but who knows......it might cause feathers to start growing on my rump
Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, just a quick post to say I'm on plan and going to another overeaters anonymous meeting tonight. Some may say it's "brain washing" but I NEED my brain washed I'm fighting the hungries today but I know it will pass.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, I can honestly say that physical hunger rarely happens with me because I eat all the time, grazing. So, to say that the HCG will help with that is an understatement. If that is the right word.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Does anyone use a nonstick skillet/pan? I've been reluctant to use them since reading that the fumes from cooking can actually kill a pet bird.
I don't know if it kills birds, but I know if you don't get a really good one it will flake off in your food. YUCK!!!!

Quote:
JEN... How is the weather? Are you back at work?
Hi Liz, we still have quite a bit of snow out there, but I was able to go back to work on thurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee716 View Post
Jen - great news on your family losing weight. I hope it keeps doing well for them.

Teresa - are your ears burning? We are talking about you and missing you like crazy! Hope you are doing tons of fun, sinful stuff that you won't be able to tell us about because "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"! LOL!
Thanks Val. Today is official weigh-in for them. They haven't gotten out of bed yet. Also DD has decided she is going to try to do it with us.

Teresa. Man it is sure quiet around here without you.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend

I had a nasty migraine with nausea yesterday. Feeling better today and I'm trying to get household chores/cleaning done

JEN...
Quote:
I don't know if it kills birds, but I know if you don't get a really good one it will flake off in your food. YUCK!!!!
I've tried cheapo pans and expensive (to me) pans. I've found that eventually ALL of those dudes start to flake. So I decided to buy less expensive pans and replace when needed. A pan usually lasts me 6 months at the most.

I'm glad your DD is eating healthier with you. WTG on leading your family to healthier eating by example!

VALERIE...
Quote:
I did have a couple of slip ups over the last week, but I traditionally have a really hard time avoiding sugar & flour when I'm stressed, so I do have to say that overall, I'm really happy with how well I've managed to not do that this year. I had 2 cookies one day, and a lunch of beef dip on a roll one day but other than that, I've managed to stay away from sugar & flour.
WTG on staying strong during your stressful time!

Quote:
I'm going snowshoeing tomorrow. A good group of friends, about 10 of us, snowshoeing in the park and then heading to the pub for drinks afterward. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday!
Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you have a blast!

VICKI...
Quote:
I can honestly say that physical hunger rarely happens with me because I eat all the time, grazing.
I have a tendency to graze. Especially when I'm home all day.
I've been doing fairly well with only eating during planned meal times. If I start to graze I have a hard time stopping:blush:

Please keep us posted on your hcg results!
Are you still exercising?

LINDA...I'm glad the OA meetings are helping you.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

I made something really yummy for lunch. One pound of italian seasoned ground turkey browned, 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, 1 can of italian seasoned pureed tomatoes, 1 pkg of cole slaw mix. Brown turkey, add crm cheese and heat til melted, add in tomatoes and coleslaw mix and heat through. Yummy.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I made something really yummy for lunch. One pound of italian seasoned ground turkey browned, 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, 1 can of italian seasoned pureed tomatoes, 1 pkg of cole slaw mix. Brown turkey, add crm cheese and heat til melted, add in tomatoes and coleslaw mix and heat through. Yummy.
Oh my I have got to try that one. I love anything with cabbage in it. And cream cheese.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

It sure is quiet with Teresa out having a good time! I hope she gets back soon to entertain us!

I'm heading out to walmart. It is still really cold (for me anyhow). brrrr...
I look like nanook the eskimo as I venture out into the 40 degree frigid day:blush:

I'm thinking about making soup today. I might go with pumpkin sausage or I might try this one...Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Beeb's tuscano soup. I think it looks pretty similar except for using spinach instead of pumpkin

Is anyone else cooking anything yummy today?

VICKI...your lunch does sound really good

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, just a quick checkin from work, long day today. I'm onplan bur BARELY. It is so hard to stay with 3 meals a day on GS yet it works so well for me once I get a roll going. The problem with snacking for me is that I don't know when enough is enough. I can graze on healthy food all day and unfortunately calories DO count. I am really looking forward to getting some days behind me so that I don't have to keep white knuckling it.
Liz, soup sounds yummy.
Have a great day everyone.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Last week I had an appt. with a homeopath and all of my supplements were changed. Some are sublingual (under the tongue) and need to be taken at least 15 minutes before a meal. Some supplements are to be taken with supper too. This is quite a change from what I was taking before and how often. Therefore, adjustment to this new schedule is taking some time.

That being said, I am going to forgo the hcg drops since those are also sublingual and should be with every meal. I can see me not doing them at lunch due to my crazy class schedule. Most days I only have half an hour for lunch and I can't see taking up to 15 minutes waiting for drops to absorb.

I am going to follow the Fat Flush diet by Ann Louise Gittleman. I had done her Fast Track Detox over the summer and had really good results. Problem is, I strayed away.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all quick check in, busy day. BBL!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aijarama
Stats: 280/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/06 @280, 5/10 @242
Hi Everyone!

Liz - the trip was great - that place is SO different and that was quite the eye-opening experience! I did eat a lot of seafood and noodles/rice - and my personal favorite, fried squid . I did indulge in lots of fried food, tempura and whatnot, and beers. We did do a ton of walking, however, including a 1.6km hike in the mountains to get to the snow monkeys!

Now my task is to fight this 208 plateau. A friend of mine started WW when I started LC and has lost 77lbs to my 35-ish. Not to compare, she started with more to lose, but I know I could have done better if I didn't take so many breaks. Right now I'm still doing kind of a free-for-all with food variety (trying to stick to whole grains when I have them) and limiting portions. It WAS nice of my new job to let me go to Japan but I'm broke as a joke since I had to take quite a few days unpaid, so I need to be able to work a little brown rice and beans into my diet for now :P.

Valerie - hope snowshoeing was awesome!

I'm back to doing bootcamp 2x a week now and it is SUPER important that I get cardio in on 3-4 of the other days since I'm not being too strict with my WOE. Bag is packed, all there is to do is go!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Hey Aija!!! Glad you had a good time, can so relate to the broke thing. All this snow and I am out of PTO time too. UGH!!!

Not happy with the scales today.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning---I'm home! Glad to see you all missed me and my chattering! :blush:

Oh, where to start? Well first---welcome Linda and Vicki!! I'm always excited to meet new friends but especially excited because it looks like we are all in the same boat---lost a lot of weight and now struggling with bouncing up and down and really getting the long term maintenance thing figured out. So hopefully we can all get this figured out together!

Vicki---I see you are in central IA---me too! Maybe we'll get a chance to meet up some day.

Aija---so glad to see you back!! I had forgotten you were going to Japan--how exciting! And you maintained throughout---that is definitely the icing on the cake!! So---do you have any pics for us?

Jen---how exciting that you have so many people low carbing with you!! As long as everyone sticks with it, that should really make your life easier. Does anyone else cook? It would be fun to take turns and everyone try to 'out do' each other coming up with fantastic low carb meals/snacks/etc. to keep things fun and everyone motivated. Sorry the scale is being mean ---just don't let it win!

Liz--you know, I have no clue if my pans are non stick or not? I always add butter/oo/etc so nothing ever sticks! Other than a Wok, I use Pampered Chef pans---not sure what kind of coating is on any of them. I don't have any birds, so no casualties yet!

I thought about taking along some drink mix things AFTER I got to Vegas. I ended up just having a couple of diet cokes and rum....and I'm such a light weight these days I had quite the buzz after 2.

Val---glad things are slowing down. I hear you about having to deal with catching up on everything else after a busy period---it never seems to end, does it? Sounds like you did great with avoiding a lot of stress eating---yay you!!

Kathy---where are you??

Vegas was great! I didn't get to do a tenth of the things I wanted to, so I will definitely have to go back again. Mostly I walked, gambled, shopped, ate....and got a tiny bit of sleep! I lost and spent a lot of moolah, but it was all worth it.

So---for those of you in the 'pool' of whether Teresa will binge on sugar the whole time or not ......those of you foolish enough to bet I wouldn't---win! I DID NOT EAT SUGAR WHILE IN VEGAS!!!!!! Oh, there were a few things I tried that definitely had sugar in them but I would just stop after a bite and eat something else---so technically I would have to say I didn't eat any sugar knowingly. However I ate everything else---and I ate TONS!!! One day we were just casually discussing calories at one of the buffets and I figure I ate about 5000 cals that day, and lots of carbs. But I made sure that fats, proteins and low carb veggies/fruits were the primary things on my plate (OK, plates cause I never ate just one :blush and then added in some grains, starches, higher carb veggies/fruits, etc. Oh, and lots of sugar free and no sugar added desserts. I was FULL all the time, which is not necessarily a good thing but I think made it easier to pass on sugar when I was eating freely of everything else.

So---my grand total weight gain for 5 days in Vegas/traveling......2 lbs. And since my fingers are swollen I would say some of that is water weight and should be gone soon. I was guessing I would be up 5-6 lbs simply due to the amounts I ate so I was shocked to see such a small gain. I wish I would have taken my pedometer so I knew for sure, but I would say I walked at least 10 miles a day---so I'm sure that helped quite a bit.

And, did anyone know that they make sf malt balls? Well, they do, and they are yummy!

Now, need to go make a grocery list and get to the store so I have food for the week. Tomorrow is yet one more 'thank you' celebration at work (I *think* it's the last one for awhile ) and we are having boxed lunches from my favorite deli...that has the best desserts ....so I need to make something yummy to take with me. I've been known to do great on vacation or a holiday only to come back and binge on sugar :blush: so I need to make sure I am armed and ready this week to fight off the sugar monster.

I'm off work today so I'm sure I'll be back to play later.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Teresa welcome back. We really did miss you.

Yeah I actually got home to supper ready last night. It was so nice. DS made stew beef with LC gravy and mashed rutabega and broccoli. YUM YUM!!!!

2 pounds I can gain that just looking at food, that is awesome.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok stupid question. Has anybody tried Dreamfields pasta? Is it good tasting or not?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Jen---how cool to come home to a great healthy dinner that you didn't have to make!! Maybe one of your kids could come live with me for awhile? Preferably one that does dishes!!

Dreamfields---tastes exactly like the "real" thing to me. I've always liked pasta but it was never a regular part of my 'menu' in the past so I may not be super picky about pasta and just can't tell the difference. Even now I don't ever get through more than 1 box of Dreamfields a year if even. It's definitely worth a try---although according to most people around here it's more of an occasional treat or maintenance kind of thing. Just make sure to follow the directions on the box and don't boil any longer than it says. There is a special fiber coating (I think inulin) on the pasta that apparently will break down if you over cook it and without that your body will end up absorbing all the 'actual' carbs rather than the lower net carb count. Or at least that is what I've gathered from reading about it. I did eat it a few times while losing and didn't have any problems with it as far as weight loss or 'kicking me out' of ketosis.

OK--so where is everyone else??

Jennifer----are you back from N.O. yet and did you have fun?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Jen---how cool to come home to a great healthy dinner that you didn't have to make!! Maybe one of your kids could come live with me for awhile? Preferably one that does dishes!!

Dreamfields---tastes exactly like the "real" thing to me. I've always liked pasta but it was never a regular part of my 'menu' in the past so I may not be super picky about pasta and just can't tell the difference. Even now I don't ever get through more than 1 box of Dreamfields a year if even. It's definitely worth a try---although according to most people around here it's more of an occasional treat or maintenance kind of thing. Just make sure to follow the directions on the box and don't boil any longer than it says. There is a special fiber coating (I think inulin) on the pasta that apparently will break down if you over cook it and without that your body will end up absorbing all the 'actual' carbs rather than the lower net carb count. Or at least that is what I've gathered from reading about it. I did eat it a few times while losing and didn't have any problems with it as far as weight loss or 'kicking me out' of ketosis.
Thanks Teresa, Sure you can borrow them, how many you want.

I am not a crazy pasta fanatic, but i do like it once in a blue moon. I guess i will have to try to order some online. No place to buy it that I know of around me.

Even though the scales have crept up a little, I have this awful taste in my mouth and the worst headache. UGH!!!
Closed Thread