Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Aija - you are rocking the running! 5.6 mph is a pretty good clip, that's a pretty average, steady, good workout speed for me and I've been running for a few years. When I started, I was killing myself to run about 5.0 mph. You are doing great!

Teresa - I'm sorry, that 2 down - 24 to go was my countdown of days not pounds! My DH diet is 26 days long, that's how long DH has committed to it, and I'm along for the ride.

I am, however, *dying* to get on the scale. I'm sure I've lost 14, 15 lbs in the the last 4 days! That's the flip side of staying off the scale for me. Sure, I don't get freaked out by the day to day bounces and stalls, but my expectations run away on me. I am counting calories though, and counting my exercise, so I have an idea of what my actual weight loss should be so when I get on the scale, I should be able to tell myself before I get on it what it should be approximately, without the wild expectations, so I don't freak myself out. I'll be weighing March 1st. The diet goes to March 4th (DH's birthday is March 5th, so we're ending in time to celebrate his birthday).

And FWIW - I'm a 2 day lag person on the sore muscles, too. If I do get sore muscles the day after, I know I'm in for a *really* bad day on day 2 because it just gets worse.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aijarama
Stats: 280/245/175
WOE: Paleo/LC
Start Date: 11/06 @280, 5/10 @242 8/14 @ 245
Thanks Valerie! Coming from a runner that makes me feel great! I feel like running on a treadmill is so different from running outside, so I never know how fast is a good pace. A friend of mine is gonna restart C25K outside once it gets warm; I think that'll be a good idea for me to try also in order to adjust to outside running.

Hahaha I'm a daily weigher and I think I'd go nuts if I had to wait that long! And yes, you had to have lost at least ten, twenty pounds by now

Rugby season is coming around, I think I'll split my running bewteen long hauls and intervals soon. Man, I'm feelin' good!

Teresa - do you do protein shakes? I sometimes add chia seeds in to those, can't really taste them since the shake is thick. You could also add to soups if you don't want to outright drink the seeds, hehe.

As for needing something to look forward to, I totally know what you mean. Can you sneak in a little girls weekend or a day trip somewhere? Even if it's a couple months off, it's nice to have something on the horizon.

I get that muscle soreness 1-2 days after bootcamp, which is tough since I've been trying to do cardio on the non-bootcamp days. So after 2 days of each, this morning I feel it everywhere! I love it though, since lately I've been getting kind of a plateau-ish feeling and this week I know I really pushed myself!

Mini Goals:
239 by 9/1/14
219 by 11/1/14
199 by 1/1/15 (a girl can dream )
Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Good morning everyone!

I ran again yesterday and did 1/2 mile x 2. It's really a mind game for me. I now realize that I CAN do it. I felt really great to do a mile running...even better than when I walked 5 miles. I'm not "loving" the running but I love the sense of accomplishment I feel afterwards. I was tempted to hop back on the treadmill yesterday and try for a mile without stopping. Instead I decide to pace myself and build up gradually. Hopefully this will prevent burnout/injury.
I plan to do 1/2 mile X 2 today. I will increase my speed from SNAIL to SLUG today

That feeling reminds me of when I got into a new size or saw a big scale drop!

AIJA...YOU CAN DO IT!!!! ONEDERLAND is sooooo close!
rugby wedding, huh? Sounds like a massive party! Keep your eyes on the prize (onederland) and you can do anything!
WTG on the running!

VAL.... I can totally relate to your post re. the scale.
Did you start running at 5mph? I plan to build up to that in a week or two. :blush: My main thing is to get over the mental hurdles and prove to myself that yes, I can do this.

TERESA...sorry you're having to work again over the weekend
Quote:
I need to plan something fun in the near future so there is something to look forward to....
ok, I have the perfect fun plan for you
Invite crush guy over to meet your adorable furkids and help with your computer issues. As your furkids are impressing him with their feline charms you can reward him with a cup of hot tea and a yummy muffin
Or maybe even cook him lunch for helping you with the computer????
You could ask him for help and ask him what he likes to eat??? Then have fun making a healthy version. (in all of your SPARE time...haha)
Ok....take off another day...you deserve this....do some female primping (you totally deserve this too) and get together the lunch stuff. This is strictly a REWARD for helping you with your computer.

Gosh, I'm having too much fun orchestrating YOUR fun, huh???

VICKI...hope your detox is going well. How is your hunger level?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
Good morning everyone!
VAL.... I can totally relate to your post re. the scale.
Did you start running at 5mph? I plan to build up to that in a week or two. :blush: My main thing is to get over the mental hurdles and prove to myself that yes, I can do this.
No, at the beginning, 5mph was *fast* for me. I did my first 5k race and it took me 42 minutes which is less than 5 mph. And I run at different speeds all the time now. Sometimes I try to go faster, sometimes just a good solid workout speed, and sometimes slower, 5mph or slower. It just depends on how I feel.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA.... I got my first chia seeds yesterday I'll be experimenting and searching for recipes and uses.

re. the fennel....I actually liked them just sliced up raw after eating my dinner. They are crispy with a light fresh taste that I like even without a salad. they do have a mild licorice taste.

I've read that cooked fennel are very mild.

My next fennel experiment will probably be to simply roast them with a bit of evoo. This is a recipe I also plan to try in the future...

FENNEL GRATIN

Ingredients
  1. put a pan of salted water on to boil. Trim the fennel tops, then cut into wedges. Boil for 5-6 mins, then drain well. Arrange in an ovenproof dish, season and sprinkle with nutmeg. Stir the garlic into the cream and pour over the fennel. Top with the Parmesan, then bake for 20 mins until golden.
Per serving

320 kcalories, protein 7g, carbohydrate 4g, fat 31 g, saturated fat 17g, fibre 3g, sugar 3g, salt 0.56 g
Old 02-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee716 View Post
No, at the beginning, 5mph was *fast* for me. I did my first 5k race and it took me 42 minutes which is less than 5 mph. And I run at different speeds all the time now. Sometimes I try to go faster, sometimes just a good solid workout speed, and sometimes slower, 5mph or slower. It just depends on how I feel.

Thanks Val!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...as-family.html
Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijarama View Post
Thanks for the cheering Vicki! Hit 205.4 this morning, what a whoosh! I have a wedding this weekend (a rugby wedding at that) so I'll try to keep a handle on things.

Jennifer - hope your knee feels better soon, glad the bike helped!
Aija you are doing great almost there. I am right behind you. Hoping to hit onederland soon.

thanks all for the get wells on the knee. I did talk to the Dr before I did the bike and he said that was good and it won't hurt me. Not a lot of walking but the bike is good.

I am soooooo stressed today.(Children) I could feel myself steaming up before lunch. I told the girls I work with that I was going out for lunch that today was just not a salad day. I fully intended to just blow it all today. I got to the restaurant and they have all these pictures of ice cream and stuff. I went to order and ended up getting a sprite zero and hotdog no bun. Ok I feel some better about the eating but boy it was so close. I told my DD that some people turn to smoking, I turn to eating. UGH!!!

Good job on the running ladies, I so want to run. Can't right now with my knees. UGH!!!

239/195.2/145
Old 02-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
I am sooooo sad to hear about Kevinpa. I kind of assumed he was ill again since I haven't seen him around. I honestly credit Kevin and Scott (123) with much of my success with low carb. The first place I found on this site was the recipe threads. Not being a website/message board person I had no clue initially that this was anything more than a recipe site! I hung out there a lot---and Kevin and Scott not only taught me how to cook with all these ingredients--and heck, just to cook in general because I really never had before---but they helped me see that lc does not have to just be about plain meat, eggs, cheese and veggies. I know that plain and simple works for some but I had already figured out that plain and simple led to my downfall every time I had tried low carb in the past. Anyway---they opened my eyes to all the possibilities. I owe a lot to them. Kevin will be missed so much on this board. However I am glad he is out of pain and hopefully has found peace. But selfishly, I am very sad.

Oh, and it was because of Kevin that I came to love veggies. His cauli/green bean casserole and his squash browns are and probably always will be my very favorite dishes. I think I'll have to make one of those this weekend in his honor.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #400
Big Yapper!!!!

OK, so I definitely have a virus/trojan/whatever. Computer is going a bit crazy. So if I'm gone for awhile, that's why. Although since I'll probably be at work daily for the rest of the month I'll be able to check in from there.

Liz---I think you're right, it's something nasty and I'm going to have to get up the courage to go visit crush boy. By the way, he and Jaden are already buds so I have that part taken care of. Now----keep coming up with those ideas for me...and pushing me to make a move! :blush:

The fennel gratin sounds right up my alley---yum! Thanks for sharing that one! I might check today and get some to try out. Is fennel in the licorice family? I was just reading that licorice makes you retain water and is bad for those with high blood pressure. I don't have that, but my mom does----and she loves licorice. Not looking forward to breaking the news to her.

Aija---I don't do protein drinks---can't stand whey protein taste plus I'm a total "like to eat my cals, not drink them" kind of gal! :blush: Soups? I never thought of that. I think I will give that a try. Didn't you try it the other day in tea? If so, how did that work out? Was it a pool of slime on the top??

Val---oh good, glad this is only for a short period of time. Well, kind of short although personally I couldn't do it!! :blush: And I am also sure that you have to have lost at least 20 lbs by now!

Jen---great job on resisting the temptations!! That is soooo hard after we have already made the decision to say 'screw it!' Good for you!!

Well, let's see. So yesterday I wanted something to look forward to, then found out yesterday afternoon that I am going to TX for a week next month!! I can't wait!!

I got the flours/flakes that I ordered yesterday. Currently there is a little pan of peanut butter barley flake chocolate chip bars cooling on my counter. They smell great! I just made 1/4 of the recipe to try it out. I hope I like the taste/texture of the barley flakes...they are much more like oats than the quinoa flakes. The quinoa flakes remind me of the dry infant cereal that you add to their milk---it's very tiny and fluffy. Good, and works as an oatmeal replacement, but this certainly looks more like oatmeal. Anyway---I would post the recipe I used and my tweaks but unfortunately the computer went crazy when I was on that site and I had to shut down....now I can't find it.

And last---I should be at the office right now, however the cable people called and said they can't even get here until 11 or 11:30....so I'm waiting. That just means I will be at the office longer. I wish they would have let me know that first thing this morning because I could have at least gone and got errands done....but now that will have to wait. So---I'm going to go do some cleaning and junk I had planned to do tonight so I can stay at work longer. Geesh, sounds like a fun weekend, huh?!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Five days down, 21 to go on this low-cal diet. It's getting a bit easier. I saved calories for wine yesterday, that helped.

Teresa, when & where in Texas next month? I think I'm in Houston for a couple of days in March myself.

Jennifer! Way to go on not eating over the stress, that's an amazing accomplishment, I hope you feel good about it. We always negate the good things like that thinking they are just what we "should" be doing anyway, but in reality, they are proof that we are changing and incorporating better choices into our lifestyle. Celebrate!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on 5 days down!! So what will you and DH do to celebrate the end of this as well as his b-day?

I'll be in San Antonio 3-20 through 3-25. That would be cool if you were in Houston at that time and we could meet up! I'm not familiar with TX though....I know both cities are in the southern part but not sure if they are really very close or not....? Guess I should look that up.

OK---cable peeps still not here! My plans for the day are pretty well shot....grrrrr! I've spoke with the company and someone is supposed to call me to arrange a time to be here today, but in the mean time I am just waiting, and not trusting they will even come. So--as you can see---I'm quite annoyed! I can't even do anymore cooking/prep/baking for the week because I need to get to the store first....but I can't leave!

My verdict on the barley flakes---good, but I think I'll have to be selective in what I use them in. They are kind of hard/crunchy---at least compared to oats, and they have a very nutty flavor. I think they will be perfect for like a fruit crisp or anything where you're making some kind of crumble type of topping. I think mixed with oats or quinoa flakes they would probably work for just about anything, so that's probably how I'll try them next. Although if you like crunchy oatmeal cookies or like them with nuts in them---this would work perfectly. OH---and I just thought, I bet they would work great in granola or trail mix! That's what I'll probably have to try next.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Google Maps tells me the drive from San Antonio to Houston is 3-4 hours! Too bad because I think it's March 23rd that my Houston meeting is. I think we'll both be in Texas at the same time, assuming my travel is still on, I need to check that.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all. I do feel good about the temptation but the scales still weren't kind to me this morning. I have been tossing around the same few pounds for the last 3 weeks. Very frustrating. Not sure why. I have been OP. Crazy!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm having internet connection problems. It is like the speed of dial-up and it keeps going out.

Quick post to wish everyone a good weekend!

TERESA...time to ask crush guy for help. If Jaden approves he must be ok. It is an excellent opportunity to get some nonthreatening interaction time with crush. And you can decide, based on that, how to reward him. If he is creepy just leave a basket of muffins at his door and run away. If you enjoy his company invite him out for lunch to thank him for his help.
It can always develop into a good friendship....and it is always good to have more friends, right? That is how I would look at it. JUST DO IT! You can do it!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lost my post

will try later
Old 02-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Teresa, how did Kevin die, do you know?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, everyone!

Six days down, 20 to go!

I'm doing okay today. I went to the gym to do my running and cardio. I ran for 22 minutes, nice, easy jog. My knee is tolerating the running well, and my week of 20 minutes is over, I'm ready to bump up to 25 minutes for the coming week. I did another 30 minutes on the elliptical, also at a nice, easy pace. I also did my knee rehab exercises and some stretching. A nice workout.

Food is going well, I've managed to keep it under 1200 calories all week and I'm assuming I'll be okay today.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all, Just checking in. We took DGbaby to the park for his B-day party. Such a beautiful day. Not the best for me for eating. UGH!!! I made him a beautiful cake tho. It was dinosaurs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn.jpg (4.4 KB, 57 views)
Old 02-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies!

Jen - that cake is too cute!

Valerie - sweet job on the cardio! I thought of you today during my 5/25/5 jog - I felt good afterward, it's getting easier!

Teresa - the seeds are weird, they kinda suspend in the liquid once they swell up. There's really no way to describe them without making them sound like creepy little buggies The barley/pb bar thingies sound really good...sometimes I wish I had the time/motivation to bake but it gets dangerous. I cook for myself so I don't trust that I'd keep a handle on not eating it all too fast, and I share a kitchen with 2 housemates so there's just not enough ROOM to really experiment. I may whip up a batch of black bean brownies this week, that was a nice standby when I was on WW. I have a bag of Big Train LC mix, maybe that plus the can of beans will give me a nice, fiber-ful treat to end my nights!

So...the wedding was lovely, and I ate...like I was at a wedding. Didn't go nuts, but didn't skimp. Saturday was more conservative but I went over cals because I had Popeye's for dinner and didn't work out. Today was in the middle as far as food but I ran, so I'm still on pace for the day. Focusing on the positive, that today is under control, and I'm not doing the "work out hard from M-TH and then have a 3 day blowout" thing.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kathy76
Stats: (313)282/160.8/155-160
Start Date: 9/19/05
Happy Valentines Day ladies......remember me? lol

Starting back on LC tomorrow. The new WW program is great for those who can handle carbs w/o going off the deep end. I had (2) 2-3 day awfukit moments in the 1 month on WW. I could see myself slipping and decided to jump right back on LC before it got out of hand. When I told DH that I was going back to LC he said " I knew it was coming I was just waiting for you to say the words " I'm SO glad he is just a silent observer and he just goes with whatever I am planning in my crazy mind.

I'm SO sad to hear about Kevinpa.....I was just thinking of him the other day

Oh yeah, I need to go to the store and get some regular sour cream & 1/2 and 1/2 for my coffee. Luckily I had not thrown out my LC ketchup, chia seeds, almond flour,etc like I did last time I decided to try a different plan

My nephew and his fiance asked Spencer to be a ring bearer in their wedding in August back in October.....he turned them down He said he has already been in 2 weddings. They decided to ask him again over the weekend and he said he would do it BUT he told them he is going to wear Axe cologne to attract girls....OMG he is only 6, what are we in for?
Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 AM   #412
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning---Happy Valentines Day!

Just a quick run through---have a deadline in 1.5 hours that I'm just barely going to make. I really meant to post yesterday....was here a couple of times and apparently never got it done. Can't wait until the stress is over!!

Kathy--- remember you of course silly and I've missed you terribly!! We don't care if you're low carbing or not---I want you here regardless!

OK---I WILL be back tonight to get caught up. OH---and why wasn't I thinking that Valentines Day would mean lots of candy, cupcakes, cookies, and crap (notice all the naughty carbs start with a C ). I suppose since I don't have a sweetheart I just wasn't thinking about it ----but the crap is all over the place. Including a bag on my desk that people keep coming in and throwing treats in (remember like they did in school). And holiday candy is my biggest weakness. Pray for me people!!

BBL

Last edited by Teresa123; 02-14-2011 at 05:38 AM..
Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Welsome back Kathy!!! Yes, of course we remember you - and no worries, we all have our moments where we fall off the face of the earth (ahem, ahem ).

I'm still playing with carbs now, just trying to keep them Low GI...or at least done early in the day. Oatmeal with chia seeds for breakfast, Zone bar for snack, some beans with my chicken/veggies for lunch, and then that's it...protein for pre-workout snack and chicken and greens for dinner. That's the plan, at least

I was tempted to make those Big Train LC brownies last night with a pureed can of beans, but I wasn't in the mood for the cleanup so I just had a serving of PB with a glass of Diet Coke for dessert. Maybe tonight or tomorrow...

Teresa - stay AWAY from all that crapola! Idk if you're the kinda person that can have one fun size snickers and have that be the end of it, or not...If so, maybe have a little something at the END of the day right before bed and have that be that. At the wedding they had a plate of amazing assorted cookies/baklava/creampuffs and I overindulged and felt the sugar jitters within minutes, then felt gross. So not worth it! I would have felt better if I just stuck to the fatty savory foods Oh well.

Started this week at 208...got discouraged about that and started dwelling on the weekend, but then I looked back through my records and this is the lowest I've weighed on a Monday in weeks. So we'll take the victories where we can!

PS - there were a lot of old friends at Friday's wedding, and I got complimented ALL NIGHT LONG. That's gonna be the inspiration for this week's success!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all. Kathy, welcome back. sorry WW didn't work out but we are glad you are back. I tried WW some time ago and I go too nuts on things too.

Not even going to talk about lunch today. Yuck!!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Valentine's day to everyone!

I seem to be missing the romantic "chip" or something. I'm just not into the ooey gooey stuff (unless it is dessert). DH asked what I want for Valentine's day. My choice is a new hard floor cleaner/steamer thing that has a vacuum. One less step to cleaning makes me happy

I went to the grocery store and was amused to watch the stampede of men (most in business attire rushing around) running down the card, flower and candy aisles. I've never seen so many men at a grocery store in my life I must say I wasn't impressed with the big floral arrangements, balloons and cards. But the guy that had a huge heart cake and a big box of candy...made my little heart go pitter patter....

I've run some more on the treadmill I've already learned what shoes not to wear. Ouchy blister toes Switching shoes and padding my toes today.

JEN...very cute cake! Thanks for sharing the pix. I hope your dgs had a fun birthday

KATHY...yay! Glad to see you back posting

AIJA...
Quote:
PS - there were a lot of old friends at Friday's wedding, and I got complimented ALL NIGHT LONG. That's gonna be the inspiration for this week's success!
What a great feeling! If one person gives a compliment you might wonder if they are just being nice. But many people!?!? WTG! Keep that good feeling and let it push you right into onederland! You are so close!

TERESA... I hope your stress is relieved (without the use of candy)
sending you lots of good thoughts/prayers and anticandy vibes that you don't fall for the dark side.

to everyone else
Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Kathy - great to see you back! Yes, WW is hard on those of us who don't do well with carbs. I find it's just too easy to eat carbs and then I find suddenly that's all I want to eat and I'm not having vegetables or salads anymore, all my meals have a grain/starch side instead of vegetables.

Liz - way to go on the treadmill! I hope the new shoes work for you.

Aija - congrats on the new Monday low!

Jen - that new avatar is so sweet.

Teresa - step away from the sugar! You know you can't handle that! Listen to me talk though. I wasn't able to stay away from the caramel chocolate heart candy someone put on my desk. At least there are no other chocolates around and I know I'm safe at home since DH is dieting, too.

My DH diet is going well, stayed on track for a full week so far! I debated weighing this morning but I'm kind of bloated. I dove into the dill pickles yesterday and the sodium has definitely shown up, retaining water. Maybe in a few days. We'll see.

It's been a bear of a day at work. Nothing bad, but nothing good. I'm spinning my wheels, getting nothing done. Aarrgghh!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #417
Big Yapper!!!!

OK people, you did not pray hard enough. Just kidding ....but apparently I forgot to pray hard enough :blush:....and the Valentines candies won. Well, only one more candy related holiday and then it's 'over' until Halloween---thank God! Sigh.....

Vicki--I don't know how Kevin died. A couple of years ago when he was ill I'm pretty sure 'the word' was that he had cancer. I was trying to remember his story as far as what brought him to low carb....I know it was medical but I'm thinking it was diabetes. Anyway, he has only been around since whatever the last medical/hospitalization thing was in spurts, so I kind of assumed he was having a rough time.

Val---stupid valentines candy And I can so relate to 'spinning my wheels' at work....feel like mine are getting stuck in the mud with all the spinning.

Jen---OK, so what is going on with you and getting off track lately? Is it the darn scale? Maybe we all need to throw them out? Love the cake---wow, did that take a lot of time??

Aija---OK, I'm tempted to try the chia in the tea just because you have me intrigued maybe I'll wait until I'm feeling a bit more adventurous though!

Unfortunately I am no longer the kind of person who can have 1 treat (unless it's not sugar---then I'm fine). If sugar is involved than 9.9 times out of 10 it becomes an all out feeding frenzy. :blush: And---I fully know this. I don't even attempt to fool myself anymore with the 'just one' thinking because I know that doesn't work for me....yet I do it anyway. My only 'saving grace' if there is one, is that I will typically contain it to an hour (CAD rules---although I am taking them to an extreme they weren't meant for) so that mitigates any major damage. But the problem with that is, if I don't gain much then it's like an invitation to do it again, and again, and again....you get the point. :blush: I wish I got the jitters or something, I don't. But---I have noticed with taking the aminos that I just don't feel that great for a couple of days after eating sugar, and I miss feeling great, so I do get back on track quicker now. But I just want to not get off track. It's one thing if I plan it, but I hate it when I plan not to, try various techniques not to...then do it anyway. I really start losing faith in myself.

Liz---I'm not a romantic either. Never been into flowers and mushy stuff. More of a tom boy at heart. However is someone wants to buy me expensive gifts I'm not opposed!

OH---and I went to grab some fennel yesterday at the store...and realized it was leaks I was thinking of, not fennel. So the soup I had I'm pretty sure was leak---totally different thing. So now I'm wondering if I've ever had fennel before? They didn't have it at the store I was at but I know my regular grocery store has it so I will pick it up sometime.

Aija and Liz---fantastic job on the running!! I wish I had that kind of enthusiasm about it. :blush: Supposed to be doing a 5K this spring....pretty sure I will be walking it.

OK---so the kitties were a little rebelious today. I think they are protesting me being gone all the time. I found my last banana on the floor majorly bruised up, everything from the coffee table on the floor, my bra in the hallway (pretty sure I didn't leave it there ), and one of Jaden's toys in the trash! Every night when I come home one of his stuffed toys---usually the large mouse---is in the food bowl. I assume that this is his way of feeding it. But instead the large mouse was in the trash....I wonder if that means the mouse was really the bad one today and Jaden was throwing him away?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Jen---OK, so what is going on with you and getting off track lately? Is it the darn scale? Maybe we all need to throw them out? Love the cake---wow, did that take a lot of time??
I don't know whats going on with me. Just so frustrated. I am up more today. I think it is my mind. Because my jeans feel looser. I have a pair that DH bought me for Christmas and I could barely fasten them, let alone breath in them. Now I can put them on without even holding in the gut. Maybe I need new batteries in the scales.

Thanks on the cake. Actually that is the first cake that me and DD have made together and it only took about 3 hours. Turned out really great. He said he loved it. Thats what counts.

Totally going to pretend yesterday didn't happen. I did not eat well. No valentines candy but too much other junk. DH was great he didn't buy candy he sent me a text. All the girls at work are dieting so nobody brought junk. However, I didn't bring lunch yesterday and had to go out. Since DH had brought me to work, no car either. So I had to eat what is near. Dare I even say what is near. Pizza

Then DS and his wife took us out to supper at of all places McDonalds. UGH! UGH! UGH! So today is flushing lots of water and good eating.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Running vibes of the day! I did C25K this morning, this time with 28 minute run, AND about 4 minutes into my run I accidentally restarted the run when I meant to change the song so I ended up running over 30 min feelin suuuuper!

Valerie - sending you good vibes for work! I def need them too! It's been a rough road since starting this new job three months ago...I feel like I will succeed eventually but I'm not sure if I'll ever feel at home here

But we press on, much like the nail

Teresa - stinks about the candy, but it's over, you're right! Move along! Whatever you have at work, just put it in the communal area, it'll disappear! Also - I had chia seeds in my oatmeal yesterday, pretty good! As for the fennel...I didn't want to ruin the good vibe on the boards but I HATE fennel cause it tastes like licorice good luck

Jen - you better get in gear! Bunless burgers or chicken salads at those tricky restaurants girlie! that's me kicking your rear (with )
Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #420
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! Why is it only Tuesday?

Jen---so, I may have asked you this before, but do you have any apprehensions about getting below 200? I see a lot of people that get 'stuck' right in that range and always wonder if maybe it isn't a mental/emotional thing? Like not necessarily a conscious thing maybe.....not sure. I think a lot of people define being below that number, if they haven't been in a long time (not sure if you have been or not), as a huge deal---so maybe that adds pressure? If that might be the case at all...maybe getting rid of the scale for a month would help? Don't shoot me---just a thought!

Aija---fantastic job on the running!! You'll be doing marathons before we know it!! Have you signed up for a 5K yet?

Chia in oatmeal, now I can see that! I made some pumpkin muffins this weekend and subbed about 1/3 of the flour for ground chia and they came out great. Have you made those black bean brownies yet? Ever since you mentioned those the other day I've been thinking I need to make some.

I hope you do feel at home soon at your job, it's hard to be somewhere most of your day/week and not really 'feel it.' But if not, there are always more jobs out there.

Crazy day again....when will it end? Still lots of stress and other crazy things but I don't think I'll have to work the whole weekend, maybe just part of it.

It's been in the 40's the last few days, which has been heaven!! Not that I really get to be out enjoying it, but just seeing the sun through the windows and not freezing the moment I walk outside is wonderful. Thursday it's supposed to be 64! I am seriously leaving early enough that day so I can take a walk.
Closed Thread