Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
TERESA...yay! So glad to see you posting. BRAVO on fixing your computer...but I thought your crush was a computer guy?!"?!?! Seemed like a perfect scheme for some crush interactions

Thanks for the info on vit D.

Quote:
What in the heck are you using mimic cream for? Fat is what keeps you full and satisfied.

actually the unsweetened mimic cream is almost all fat. It has 10 calories and 1 gram of fat.
I use it because dairy and I don't always get along. Plus I like the fact that mimic cream is low calorie and shelf stable.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm feeling like a slug..no energy. I need to go clean the kitchen & lots of other housework and cook lunch

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Oh yikes, that is a pretty big difference in carbs.

And on a related note---who in the world uses 1T of dressing, or even the 2T they say a serving is on most dressings? I crack up when I see peoples menus that say 1 or 2 T dressing.....seriously?? What's the point?! I use 6-8 easily. Now, at 4 carbs a T, I probably wouldn't---I have better things to use my carbs on. But peeps actually say they eat that little with the low carb stuff......really?

Sorry, got off on a tangent there, it's just something that always makes me when I see that on a menu.
I'm so glad you wrote that. I thought I was the only one who used so much dressing:blush: I also use 6-8 for a big salad.

ETA....I used to think that I was only using 2 tbsps. I would loosely measure out a "tablespoon" in a big ole soup spoon. When I actually weighed it I was getting almost 3 tbsps in my one spoon
An actual tablespoon is not that much (imo)

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 02-06-2011 at 08:01 AM..
Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #333
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Nope, I use tons too, I like to enjoy my salads!!

I had the same 'tablespoon' reality check as you but with pb. :blush: A couple of years ago when I was trying to cut back calories I thought I should check out what I considered was 2T pb that I was putting in my yocheese. Nope, not 2T, more like 4T! But, with 2T it wasn't nearly so enjoyable, so I either wouldn't eat it or just cut back somewhere else! I was sooooo glad to find Greek yogurts that were fat free without adding a bunch of crappy stuff to make them fat free....cause then I could go back to eating my yogurt and lots of pb with a little less guilt.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Nope, I use tons too, I like to enjoy my salads!!

I had the same 'tablespoon' reality check as you but with pb. :blush: A couple of years ago when I was trying to cut back calories I thought I should check out what I considered was 2T pb that I was putting in my yocheese. Nope, not 2T, more like 4T! But, with 2T it wasn't nearly so enjoyable, so I either wouldn't eat it or just cut back somewhere else! I was sooooo glad to find Greek yogurts that were fat free without adding a bunch of crappy stuff to make them fat free....cause then I could go back to eating my yogurt and lots of pb with a little less guilt.
I actually measured out 2 tbsp of dressing on my salad the other day and I thought WTH! I guess I use a lot more too.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Jennifer from TX----what's up?? I might be in TX for work next month so I wanted to see where exactly you are located. Maybe we can hook up
yeah, I was wondering about her too. She went to Nawlins and quit posting. I'd love for her to return and share some N.O. stories

TERESA.....So, you are going to Texas???? What part of Texas? Can't ya swing by Alabama on your way???
Do you get to travel with your job very often?

How is the gym/workouts going? Have you been back for more?

Ok, I really need to go do some quick kitchen cleaning and cooking. DH is coming home for lunch (unless an emergency comes up)
I've got a big pack of filets that I caught on sale. Not sure how I'll cook em. Probably in a bit of butter/evoo with mushroom sauce over quinoa
Old 02-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #336
Big Yapper!!!!

If I go, I'll be in San Antonio....omg, warmth, I can't wait!! Not sure that Alabama would be on my way! I hardly ever travel with my current position. In my last one I did a couple of times a year and I miss it.

I go back to the gym tomorrow and the plan for this week is M, W, F.

Well, probably too late, but what kind of filets? Fish? For whatever reason I LOVE fish with some kind of winter squash, whether it's something roasted, or a sweet potato (OK, I guess that's not a winter squash but it fits in there for me for some reason )or some kind of pumpkin dessert---I just love the combo of fish with those kind of flavors. Not sure if that is a common combo for anyone else or I'm just weird....OK, well, I am just weird but you know what I mean.

Jen---good, so you are in the '2T of dressing is just ridiculous club' as well!

So here is my newest FB story....actually I have 2. 1 is that one of my half brothers, who I haven't seen since he was maybe 3 or 4 (at my Dad's funeral), found me on FB so we have been chatting and plan to get together this summer. I know that would make my Dad very happy. Then a guy who happens to be a friend of someone on my friend list found me kind of accidently. He recognized my last name, which is kind of unusual, from his youth. His grandma's best friend had the same last name. Well, it ends up that they weren't best friends, they were relatives....and so are we. We grew up in the same town less than a mile apart. He is about 8 years older so I never knew him but we know lots of people in common and ends up that I apparently have a lot more cousins in my hometown than I even knew....possibly even one of my good friends from HS. Very weird. We are trying to piece it all together but we are related through our Dad's, both of which have passed, so it's taking awhile to get the pieces all put together. Kind of cool.

OK---so having the internet back and fully functioning is kind of a blessing, and a big time curse. I am not getting anything done today! :blush:
Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #337
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah, and as long as I'm getting nothing productive done....I finally tracked down my plastic surgeon....or actually they tracked me down. For anyone who remembers he was possibly leaving state, then had a temporary office, etc. I have been searching the last couple of weekends through old paperwork trying to find his nurse's home e-mail or phone number--both of which I had at one point---so I could find out if he was still in the area or not. Well---she called this week to check up on me and to set up a final follow up for my last procedure. So he is still here!! My appt is next month, and at that time we will be discussing my next procedure. I can't wait! If I can convince him to do the whole upper body thing at once (including arms) I will be done with the body....then just need to do the sagging chin but that won't be nearly as big or painful (or expensive) as all the body stuff. If all goes well and I can manage to take out yet one more huge loan....then I'm going to try to get it done in April Gosh, that means come summer I could actually wear summery shirts without them needing to be 2x too big to hide all the extra skin.

So after this (assuming he goes along with my plan ), anything I have done to my body would just be purely for 'fun'.....like I'm thinking it would be nice to have the 'girls' enhanced a bit. :blush:
Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Oh, I totally need my girls enhanced! The sad thing is, I had a breast reduction years ago. Such a waste now. After my gastric bypass, I was down to 220 and the breasts were still an issue so I had a reduction (mostly a lift, but some reduction). But then I gained weight back up to 300 which filled 'em out again and then I lost weight again and they went back down to a decent enough size (a bit small), but now the pouch of skin they are in is too big and they get lost!

TMI? Probably.

Anyway, I hope you get what you want surgery wise, Teresa. I'd love to get more, but I'm not even considering it until I lose the last 25 lbs. Enough already.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Anyway, I am doing "okay" this past couple of days. Eating maintenance, but not getting into the sugar (other than sharing dessert last night with DH, but I seem to be okay doing that). I'm a tad discouraged with myself, but it's okay.

I'm staying off the scale. I realize I'm not being very accountable with myself by staying off the scale after going off plan like that, but frankly, I'm off the sugar today and restarting the diet tomorrow so I really don't need to punish myself further with an ugly number on the scale. I think that's part of what set me off last week, frustration with the scale. And I think the scale bounces last week were partly to do with me getting back to my exercise more with my knee healing. I did a spin class last Saturday and I was *sore* Monday, which always means water retention with the muscle soreness.

It's just going to get worse as I start to ramp the exercise up more this month. My knee is healing and I'm running again. I'm only up to 15 minutes at a time with running, but I'm adding the elliptical more and the bike more, and swimming since I want to try a triathlon this year.

So, I'm staying off the scale for February. I'll get on in it the last day of February and I am hoping to see a 165ish!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Up 1.5 lbs today (182), not worried though. Body is probably adjusting to the fast drop.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, Gosh, is it safe to have a surgeon that can't be found to do such an extensive procedure? Just curious, did you have WLS or anything?
Old 02-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi guys, sorry to be MIA. Life just seems to slip by sometimes. I'm doing well with my eating and today actually prepared all my meals for tomorrow already as I have a busy day on Mondays.

Teresa, we are finally CW neighbors. OK, what plastic surgery procedures have you had done. I'm curious because you said you just need upper body and then you will be done. I've had upper body and REALLY need legs but they are SO bad I just don't know what they could do. I had my arms and a tummy tuck along with an abdominal hysterectomy about 5 years ago. I am so glad I did. A few years ago I had a breast lift and implants but am NOT happy about that. I was suppose to be a full C to a small D and I'm more like DD. I know bras differ in size but today I had to get a DDD, not happy about that at all. As soon as I take off the 30 lb. I regained I plan to have them redone by someone else. I'll be interested in hearing if you had anything done to your legs.

I need to go back and catch up with everyone. Liz has kept me a little up to date and Vicki I hear you lost 11 lb..

Well my stove is beeping that dinner is done. The REAL stove, not the cafe stove.
Later guys.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 02-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

Val---love the new avi! And your hair is darling--is that your newest cut? Looks great on you! So what other procedures, other than the girls, would you want to do?

Vicki--nope, no WLS. Yeah, it does sound kind of scary, but believe me I thoroughly checked him out after my first surgeon messed me up...although I thoroughly researched that guy too. This guy was the director of plastics at big hospital down here and left there last year. I looked for any kind of mis-doing on his part but can't find anything but glowing reviews on the guy. He is very ethical and just a good Christian man and I tend to think he had some conflict with the practices there. He has 2 young kids he never got to see and wife wanted to move back east so for awhile there he was basically in transition I think just trying to decide how to go forward. During that time he was only seeing a handful of patients and I was lucky to be one of them. He now has decided to stay and I can't be happier. His specialty is not bariatrics, however all the WLS surgeons send their patients to him, he just gets it which isn't common for ps's who don't deal with bariatrics. We're kind of a tricky bunch when it comes to skin. :blush:

Linda---I have had a few things done....but most of that was because first ps botched up pretty bad so there have been some corrective measures taken. Essentially I've had a circumferential tt and a thigh lift. My thighs were also a mess, with large roll of skin/flab hanging off the upper inner thigh. That is now gone. We didn't do a lot of shaping or lipo cause basically I have huge calfs and very muscular legs, so to thin out the thighs very much would have made me look kind of freaky---so it was a relatively non-complex surgery. With this next procedure(s) it will be basically an upper body lift. This will remove the rolls of skin/flab from the back and sides and pull up the extra skin on the upper ab area. That would normally have been addressed during the lower surgery but couldn't be because first Dr screwed things up so we're having to fix that in different ways.

Oh---and Val has had the legs done too so hopefully she will chime in. I can say that the healing part was kind of rough because the incisions are way up in the crease to the groin area, and healing there takes a bit of time and can be a bit sore. If you do it---I highly recommend investing in some good 'boy panties!' I couldn't stand to wear regular underwear for a good 6 months after---but it was worth it.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Teresa, thanks for the info. I'd like to hear from Val too.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

I'm on my iPhone and typing it all out would be more painful than any surgery! I'll give you all some details on my skin surgeries tomorrow for sure.

Diet starts tomorrow with DH. I have to figure out my rules.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Down 0.2 pounds but down.

We really worked hard yesterday. We got a load of wood. and I jumped on the trampoline. That is a workout. Crazy. I loved it.

Busy day today at work. BBL!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #347
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning! Monday-yuck, busy-yuck.....hmmm, guess it's just kind of a yucky day!

Think I'm going to take tomorrow off. I am so far behind it doesn't really matter at this point and I just need a little break.

Something is still wrong with my computer. When I got on this morning I had to download Adobe again.....not sure what exactly is going on. May just have to ask for some help yet. :blush:

Have a good day, probably will be back later.....anything to avoid actually working right now.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone!

I'm feeling a bit more chipper this morning. My "skinny" jeans (that's in quotes because my "skinny" just means at the low end of my usual range, not real skinny, I'd still have to lose 25 more pounds to hit real skinny) are fitting, though barely, so that's a qualified success given the last week and my sugar bender.

Teresa - I am like you, usually the sugar benders are 3-4 days. I had longer ones in 2010, but in general, when I'm on my game, they are shorter.

DH (Jim is his name) is on his diet. When Jim diets, he's very strict, very low-calorie and the diet is for a pre-determined amount of time. In this case we are going until March 4th (his birthday is the 5th). It means there will be no free meals, no junk food, no carb temptations of bread & potatoes at home. I usually take the time to try to diet a little more strictly myself and I'm going to do that this time, too.

I'm going to stick to lower calories, but not too low, 1200. I'm going to make sure I hit my protein target and avoid *all* sugar and flour. Other than that, I'm just going to work on making my food choices as good as possible. I don't like eating food that Jim won't eat in front of him while he's dieting, so any treats I might have that fit within my 1200 calorie allowance, like the occasional SF chocolate, will probably be eaten away from him. And since I'm with him when in the evenings at home when I would most want that treat, I'll have to be more creative. I'll need to find treats like berries, diet jello or an apple that I can have in front of him.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - skin surgeries - I'll give you the overview and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

After my WLS in 1999, I lost about 120 pounds, got to 220. I had a breast reduction the next year. My breasts had been very saggy (very) and though they were big, I did it more for the lift. And then I regained weight as I said above, up to 300 and that messed with them again. After losing that extra weight plus getting down to 170ish, they are on the smaller side again, probably a small C cup. I wear a C cup and it's full because of excess skin under my arm though - I'll get back to that.

After I regained & relost weight, and maintained that lower weight for a bit, I got more surgery. First I did a tummy tuck. Now, because I already had a scar line vertically down my stomach from the WLS, the plastic surgeon did a different tummy tuck, a fleur-de-lys. It was almost a triangle with the tip under my breasts in the centre, flaring out to my hips and across above the pubic area. He took out all that skin, pulled the skin together and created an upside down T scar vertically down my stomach and horizontally across my lower abdomen. This was helpful because it did pull a bit of my back excess skin around my side and took care of some of that as well so I didn't need a circumferential lift for my back. At the same time, I had the arm tuck. Both arms had the batwings removed.

Later I had a tummy tuck revision, it had a few small issues where some extra skin was left in a bump across my stomach and he fixed that. When he did, he actually re-opened the scars under my breasts from reduction and pulled up a bit, removing skin from the top as well as the opening up the upper part of my vertical stomach scar to pull it in a bit more.

Lastly, I had a thigh tuck, just the thighs, nothing on the hips or butt.

I still have major loose skin around my hips and butt as they were never touched. When I lie on my back, my butt & hip skin pools around my sides, going out at least 1.5-2 inches on either side. I think I'd need a circumferential butt lift to correct this and I'm not sure I'll ever do that. It's not a problem that bothers me normally. It's unattractive and my thighs & hips are quite jiggly, but even in workout clothes, it's not terrible looking. Naked is different, but I'm okay with this one for now.

I also still have loose skin along my torso under my arms mostly. It's an area that doesn't get reached with even my extensive tummy tuck or the arm tuck. I think if I had the circumferential butt lift, they *might* be able to pull down as well as up and take care of some of it, but they might not take the chance. To do that, they have to seperate all the skin from the body and that would be a lot of skin to seperate all the way up my back just to pull down at the armpit. I've never asked about getting just the arm pit down, I don't know if it would be possible.

Ask any questions if you like.

Last edited by vee716; 02-07-2011 at 09:19 AM..
Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Val and Teresa, boy, the extensive PS you guys have done. I too had WLS done and had the abdominoplasty done in 02' (the RNY was done in 01'). I have been pleased with the results of that. Insurance did cover that.

I could use batwing removal, boob job and butt, thighs, and hips. Val, like you, when I lay down I have the same amnt of skin that overflows the bed. My thighs are really "thick" in the quad area and hang down to knees. I will stand in the mirror and pull up on the thighs just to see what they would look like lifted. I just wish I could afford this stuff since it would be considered aesthetic because insurance wouldn't cover it. Plus, I am 51 yrs old, should I be so vain?

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I was in my 40s, I wondered about the same vanity question. For me, the batwings and thighs were visible to the public often enough (summer & my running) that they were constant irritants and distress to me.

My tummy tuck (and revision) were covered by insurance. I had the arms done at the same time as the tummy tuck to save some money because I just had to pay an "extra" rather than for the whole surgery to add them on. The thigh lift was all paid by me as well, but I think my plastic surgeon employed a bit of a sliding scale to give me less expensive prices. It was still pricey, I'm lucky and grateful I had the money to afford it, but I think he kept it as cheap as possible for me. I went to a different plastic surgeon for a second quote on my thigh tuck and his quote was about 75% more than my plastic surgeon's charge.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #352
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, sadly insurance has paid nothing for me and won't, and since there isn't a lot of competition here (i.e. not a lot of p.s.'s) I have definitely had to pay premium rates for it all---including fixing things that were messed up. But I figure this---I only have one life and I spent the first half of it looking and feeling horrible....so if I spend the second half paying off whatever it takes to look and feel good about myself, so be it. So---it's probably vain but I figure I deserve to look/feel normal (at least in clothes) as much as anyone else....and with the amount of skin I have the only way to accomplish that is surgery. However, I can say that as I approach each procedure I really start questioning myself on the whole thing and have to re-convince myself that it is OK to do this for me---and that I've earned it!

Val---the skin under the arm and for me the stuff that sags below---like over the rib area and towards the back---as well as the upper ab skin is what I am having removed. He called it a reverse upper body lift. Hopefully he will do the arms at the same time but he is kind of a perfectionist about this stuff and likes to do one thing at a time....so we'll see. I just want to be able to wear a fitted shirt and not feel like a freak. I'm guessing I will never be able to wear a short sleeved shirt, let alone a tank top or bathing suit due to the scars, but just to be able to put on a t-shirt that actually fits my body without feeling totally paranoid/uncomfortable would be an incredible feeling!

So nobody made the deadline for last week....I feel so much better that it wasn't just me. So now we have 1-2 more weeks to complete. However I have another deadline next week that I need to focus on so I really need to finish this up this week, so this weekend I can get started on the next one. Job security I guess.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa - even with the batwing surgery, I do wear short sleeves and sleeveless (if I can find a sleeveless with small arm holes so it covers the armpit hangy stuff). The scars fade and are under the arm, so even fresh scars are not very noticeable.

More TMI, but a fair bit of that armpit hangy stuff actually tucks into a good bra on me. I pull it forward and in a good strong bra, it is good enough that I can wear t-shirts.

You are a fair bit thinner than me, it's possible that if I do lose another 25 lbs, the problem might get worse.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

And, FWIW, yes, you deserve to look as good as you can for the balance of your life. We all do!

I was brought up not to brag, boast or be otherwise vain. My mom drilled it into me. I've had a really hard time breaking myself of that mindset, but I try really hard.

Wanting to look our best and caring how we look is not vain. We deserve to enjoy our bodies as much as we can and if we are lucky enough to be able to afford surgery, I think we shouldn't feel bad about it, not at all.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Val. thanks for sharing your story too. If I decide to do the thigh lift I will ask you guys more questions but right now I'm concentrating on losing this 30 lb. so that I can redo the boobs to a smaller size. I'm also thinking at 60 do I really want to get involved with the legs? Like you Teresa, insurance did not cover anything for me. The scars do fade under the arms but I had a laser treatment on the scars that he did for free which lightened them a lot. I have one small area on one arm that they did a revision twice and there is still a little puckering but all in all I am very happy with the results. If you go to my profile pics you can see my before and after. This picture does not show under the arms but you can see the shape atleast. I THINK my pics are still there, guess I'll go look.

Later guys, I'm at work and then teach a spinning class after work and then take a yoga class. Probably won't be back later cuz I'll be pooped.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all. Well I have been having some trouble with my knee that I had surgery on. I slipped about a month ago in the snow and hyperextended my knee. The last few days it has been swollen bad and hurting. I had the dr look at it today and he says something is going on with it. I am having another MRI on wednesday. Oh man I really hope it is just a strain.

I guess I will know on wednesday. UGH!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Jen, I know knee trouble, too, that swollen knee is pretty painful, isn't it?

I hope it's just a strain and will be better soon!

Linda - I just started taking spin classes! I love them!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone

VALERIE...your new avi pix is gorgeous! LOVE your hair!
BRAVO on getting into those skinny jeans
Your planned woe sounds similar to what I'm doing. That's great that your DH is dieting so that temptation foods won't be around.

Quote:
My knee is healing and I'm running again. I'm only up to 15 minutes at a time with running, but I'm adding the elliptical more and the bike more, and swimming since I want to try a triathlon this year.
I'm glad your knee is healing well. WTG on running again and planning to do a triathlon

TERESA...
Quote:
If I go, I'll be in San Antonio....omg, warmth, I can't wait!! Not sure that Alabama would be on my way! I hardly ever travel with my current position. In my last one I did a couple of times a year and I miss it.
I hope you get to go! Although last week the weather in Texas was actually colder than in Alaska Hopefully it will be nice and warm when you go.

Quote:
I go back to the gym tomorrow and the plan for this week is M, W, F.
Good luck at the gym! Are you working out by yourself or with a trainer?

Quote:
Well, probably too late, but what kind of filets? Fish? For whatever reason I LOVE fish with some kind of winter squash, whether it's something roasted, or a sweet potato (OK, I guess that's not a winter squash but it fits in there for me for some reason )or some kind of [COLOR=#016798]pumpkin[/COLOR] dessert---I just love the combo of fish with those kind of flavors. Not sure if that is a common combo for anyone else or I'm just weird....OK, well, I am just weird but you know what I mean.
those filets are long gone and digested by now
It was filet mignon. I cut them into slices to get a nice yummy sear on more surface area. I sauteed them in coconut oil and butter with mushrooms and a splash of wine. They were very tasty

The fish and squash combo does sound good I've never served them together...thanks for the idea.

LINDA & VICKI...
JEN...I hope your knee is ok
Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

Jen, sorry to hear about your knee. I had my knee scoped a year ago for torn miniscus. Not fun.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Liz, Vicki, and Val. (hey I actually think I got the names right this time), I had my knee scoped in sept 2010 and ended up on crutches for 4 weeks because he did a microfracture procedure to help the cartilage grow back too. But it has never been this swollen. Really has me worried about what is going on. My entire leg is swollen. I told him maybe it was nothing and he said no there is something going on in there. Dang well shoot I will find out tomorrow. But sure don't want another surgery. Those ain't no fun.

Bought groceries last night after work and didn't get home until late. Supper was at 9:30. Didn't eat much and all on plan but toooooo late to be eating. Was starving tho. Didn't get on the scales kind of afraid to.. But I stayed on my induction plan yesterday even tho I was hungry last night.

Feeling ok so far except for that darned TOM started last night. and I am a little bloated from that.

Valorie I love the pic too. You are a beautiful lady. Glad the knee is better. Maybe soon I can run too. That would be awesome.

239/195.2/145
Closed Thread