Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Teresa, I am on day 5 of the detox. We do prequel for 7 days, one day fast, then 3 days of sequel. I think I may do prequel for 6 days so I can do the fast on Friday and not on the weekend when fiance' and son are here.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 04:26 AM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning....major YAWN....deadline tomorrow and I won't make it but I'll get as close as I can.

Jen---I hope today is better! Remember---this is the place to spill it---so feel free to let it out!

Vicki---so after the detox is over, then what? Do you go back to your own plan or is there another phase?

Went to gym last night, went through the 2 different routines she made up for me. Felt pretty good. I could definitely feel where I was more out of shape. I truly thought the abs would be the worst due to virtually no ab work for a long time due to surgeries (and pure laziness), but those exercises were actually some of the easiest for me so she had to keep increasing the difficulty on them. I think my biggest problem at first is just going to be remembering which exercise is which. She wrote out the plan for me but the names of the different things and machines really don't mean much to me. Keep in mind I haven't been in a gym for 15 years! :blush:

My computer at home is now officially a....mess! I'm trying to 'fix' whatever went wrong and in the process screwing up a lot more stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm at the point that I'm going to have to ask someone to come over and look at it. Computer problems are starting to rank right up there in frustration level for me with car problems. I keep trying to remember what it was I did prior to computers/internet?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, after the detox which lasts 11 days, you pretty much continue eating what is suggested on the sequel. No dairy except plain yogurt. Protein, veggies and some fruit.

I was down another pound 186 today.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Good Morning all. I feel somewhat better today. still a little sick to my stomach. I think it is all this drainage from the bronchitis.

I did get to do 10 mins on the bike while the babies where in the tub, but as soon as they got out they jumped on too. Really hard to exercise with 80 pounds of babies on top of you.

Have a great day all. Teresa good luck with that dead line.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Man it is really quiet on here today. Where is everybody.

I am so excited, not sure why but I am. I just signed up for the biggest loser at the hospital. I feel really good about it. All the girls in the office are going to bring stuff for salads next week. Then we are going to walk together after lunch.

The only thing is I get tired of the same salad dressing over and over. I usually use ranch. I used to do a SF honey mustard but the store here doesn't sell the SF honey anymore. Any suggestions. I really don't like real tangy dressing.

239/195.2/145
Old 02-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #306
Big Yapper!!!!

It IS quiet in here......let me see what I can do about that!

Jen---I make my own honey mustard dressing. I, of course, don't have exact amounts but basically 1 part mustard (I usually use a grainy brown mustard), probably about 2 parts mayo, then a splash of apple cidar vinegar (start small with this or it will be very tangy!), sprinkle of salt and sweetener of choice (I use sf honey but you can use splenda or whatever). Taste while you're making it, but know that it will taste much different after it has set in the fridge for a few hours, actually it's better overnight. Oh---and you need to water it down and since it thickens up in the fridge you may have to add a bit more water before you use it.....although once you've made it a few times you kind of know what consistency you're going for. I also tend to add sour cream but I'm thinking you don't like that....? It's not necessary at all, I just love sour cream!

It is exciting having others around you working on the same goal. Sadly, everyone's enthusiasm seems to die off in a matter of days but maybe you'll get lucky and have a really motivated group!

Vicky---yay on another lb down---you are really knocking those lbs off fast!! So do you feel good on this plan? Hungry?

Well---I am again here confessing my sins. I let the stress get the better of me and I ate....yes.....sugar. :blush: And lots of it. :blush: It is very rare that I emotionally eat like that, usually it's either in the aftermath of an emotional event if it's going to happen, but no---this was straight up stressed out who gives a crap eating. :blush: Not sure why I let the sugar in, there was plenty of other crappy non-sugar foods that I could have indulged in and not felt so bad about, but I really had the 'who cares' mentality. Of course, NOW...after the fact....I care. It makes me mad because I tried every tactic I could think of to avoid it, even had several lc snacks which is not a good plan for me but I decided even if I eat twice the amount of cals today as I need, as long as I don't eat sugar, it's OK. Well, that, a couple of quick walks, some serious talking to myself AND even a trip home where I made myself a huge lunch (I just had to get away from it all) and I thought I had myself under control....but NOPE. So, now I feel stuffed, disappointed in myself AND stressed. Lesson learned....I doubt it. Interestingly it was another time that nothing really tasted as good as I expected...except those stupid pb snickers. :blush:

OK, sins purged, time to move on.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hey everybody

How is everyone doing with the weather? We got some icy rain but not much snow. It is really grey and gloomy looking outside. I think we all need to head over to Linda's place in florida for some sun and fun

I just bought some mushrooms that supposedly have 100% of RDA of vitamin D per serving. I was curious about how some mushrooms would be high in Vit D and found this:

Quote:
Mushrooms that have been exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light contain large amounts of vitamin D2. Mushrooms when exposed to UV light, convert ergosterol, a chemical found in large concentrations in many mushrooms, to vitamin D2.
Sorry if I bore anyone to death...I just found it to be interesting. I'm especially interested in getting more vit D during this gloomy weather. I considered taking supplements but decided against it because I don't know my blood levels. I know that vit D is fat soluble and it can be a problem if you take too much from supplements.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

VICKI... KUTGW! You're doing great! I'm excited for you.

TERESA...sorry about the stress, the food situation and the computer problems.
I hope you're able to get your computer fixed soon. I can't imagine life before the internet:blush:
that dressing recipe looks tasty..thanks for sharing. I'm trying to find some good recipes for different dressings since the "galeo" incident

VAL, JEN, LINDA, AIJA...
Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks guys. No, I am not hungry and don't have cravings. However, I am ready for some additional foods for variation. After tomorrow, I start foods with probiotics such as plain yogurt or sauerkraut. I like yogurt and miss it, so that is probably the food of choice.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok I have decided to try to stick to induction menus for a couple weeks to try to kick start things. I just need to find some good cheap snacks to take to work with me. I usuall eat peanuts or almonds. Since nuts are not on the induction menu, I need an alternative. Any ideas would be appreciated.

BBL!!! DD is pitching a fit to use the computer.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:24 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

184 today, finally . . . . I am on a roll.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Abslutely nothing in the house for BF. No chicken, no eggs, no bacon, UGH!!! Ok I'll grab something on the way. Really hate to do that but starving for some reason this morning. Thought I might get a lc bowl from Hardees, (I never can finish one) but the drive thru is packed so I ended up getting 2 sausage buritto wraps and taking the wrap off. It works I guess. Going to fix me some coffee now, if I have any cream left.

I brought some spaghetti made w/ dreamfields but I remebered when I got to work that I am trying to do induction. UGH!!! Brain drain. So I guess I will go across the street and get a salad with some chicken on it. That sounds good.

Have a great day all.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
184 today, finally . . . . I am on a roll.
WTG Val
Old 02-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

I have had a hungry day. I hate those! Watching the clock till feeding time...
I ended up eating my supper early and finally feel full. Now to survive the evening without getting into any grub. I will do this! I have a hard boiled egg ready if I really get hungry.

VAL...how are you doing? Missing your posts. I hope your work isn't keeping you too busy

TERESA...I wish I lived closer to you so I could come over and kick your computer around I resent it giving you problems and preventing you from posting.
How are you doing today?

VICKI...I'm so happy for you! You are MELTING! WOOOHOOO!
KUTGW and please keep us posted so we can cheer you on!
I might have to go look up this detox diet you mentioned.

JEN...good luck with induction. re. the snacks...do you have refrigeration at worK? If so maybe hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks or cheese squares that are individually wrapped, big pickles, packets of tuna, salmon, beef jerky I'm drawing a blank too. Most of those snacks are quite smelly...fish, eggs, pickles I took those on an airplane and DH refused to let me eat them He gave me the stink eye whenever I broke out a smelly snack. At least I didn't bring sardines.

LINDA...yoooohoooo...where are you? Hope you're doing well

AIJA..
Old 02-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bought some "matchstick" radishes. They are too cute. They are little slivers of cut radish that actually look like matchsticks (with the red tips).
Now I'm not sure what to do with them
I think I might try to make them into a hashbrown thing fried in bacon grease.

I am happy to discover that cheese is not a migraine trigger for me
I've had it for a few days now without any problems.

So I decided to try chocolate. I don't get a migraine.
I made a recipe posted here that was very good and low cal/low carb
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...olate-omm.html

I had all of the ingredients and wasn't put off by a tiny bit of frankenfood
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
JEN...good luck with induction. re. the snacks...do you have refrigeration at worK? If so maybe hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks or cheese squares that are individually wrapped, big pickles, packets of tuna, salmon, beef jerky I'm drawing a blank too. Most of those snacks are quite smelly...fish, eggs, pickles I took those on an airplane and DH refused to let me eat them He gave me the stink eye whenever I broke out a smelly snack. At least I didn't bring sardines.
Yeah I don't think the fishy stuff would be good at the office. Thanks!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

I was so glad to have breakfast today! But, the detox day juice fast was worth it. 180.5! Down 17 lbs in a week. YIPEE. However, it seems body hasn't caught up because some clothes I still can't fit into.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning all. just checking in quick. Too quiet around here. BBL!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynx8467 View Post
good morning all. just checking in quick. Too quiet around here. BBL!!!
Yeah, our chief chat master (Teresa aka "blabbermouth") seems to still be awol I'm hoping this means she's busy flirting with her secret crush but I suspect that her computer is still sick with a virus

TERESA... I made the muffins again with the recipe I posted but I subbed out sour cream instead of the mimic cream/almond milk. WOWZA...they are even better! Very moist! I also added in a couple of big handfuls of frozen blueberries & chopped walnuts.Thanks for the idea on the sour cream! Now I need to keep my paws out of those muffins because they are for DH. I ate one for dinner:blush: These are seriously good
Old 02-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I was so glad to have breakfast today! But, the detox day juice fast was worth it. 180.5! Down 17 lbs in a week. YIPEE. However, it seems body hasn't caught up because some clothes I still can't fit into.
wow! That is like being at the biggest loser ranch for a week. Amazing loss! CONGRATS! According to my calculations (and they could be wrong..long time since math:blush .......that is 8.6% loss for ONE WEEK!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm here.

Not much time to chat, just stopped at work to get some more stuff to work on this weekend. Had to go take a minute to visit my Cafe which is being sorely neglected....as well as my friends here.

Work is going to be a bear again this coming week but hopefully better after that. Still don't have the issue resolved with my computer. If there was a virus, I think I have that taken care of, but my browser is all messed up. Or at least I think it's my browser....although honestly I'm not even sure what that is! I thought I had at least a 'work around' figured out this morning but then I still couldn't get into FB so I had to 'push it' and screwed something else up! I'm sure it would be easy enough to solve for someone that had even a tiny bit of understanding of computers, but sadly I don't. :blush: My crush is a computer guy....wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity for me to ask him for help? Yet I haven't yet. Maybe tomorrow.

OK---I plan to be back in the office tomorrow to actually get some work done so I'll make sure to take some time to get caught up and properly 'chat' with you all. Have a good Saturday night all!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #322
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Misinformation about Galeo's Dressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
Hello everyone

I was really really REALLY annoyed yesterday to discover that a product that I use a lot of is possibly incorrectly labeled for calories and carbs.
The galeo miso dressings that I adore enough to bathe in may have up to TEN times the stated amount of calories and carbs according to a website. The website sent a sample off for lab analysis and instead of the stated 14 calories and 0.5carbs it had up to 140 calories and 7 carbs
WTheck?!?!?!?! I found this because netrition was out of galeo when I went to reorder so I did a search.

I ordered this stuff by the case because I really do love the taste. I like it enough that I would have used it even at 140 calories but I would watch my portions. Thinking it had 14 calories I GOBBED it on my huge vats of lettuce. OINK OINK OINK. I figure that I was consuming at least 6tbsp per salad. Usually I eat 2 salads daily. That is a LOT of extra calories. More than 1,000 EXTRA calories per day. No wonder I haven't been losing

Lessons learned....moderation is important even when you THINK the calories are low. If seems too good to be true it IS too good to be true (how cliche) and you really never know WHAT is actually in any processed food. That salad drsg is one of the very few foods that I consume that are not 100% whole foods.

Maybe that website was wrong but I still plan to cut down even further on any processed/prepared foods. And I really need to quit being a hawg just because I think something is low calorie/low carb:blush:
Netrition would like to comment on some recent posts and news about Galeo's Dressings. There were rumors that Galeo's nutrition labels were incorrect. Netrition management contacted Galeo's and received the following reply from Chef Andrei. We would like to state that we feel confident in Chef Andrei's statements. We have seen the lab tests and they back up Chef Andrei's claims.

Here is Chef Andrei's official response:
For nearly 10 years, Galeos has been making the highest-quality dressings, marinades and dips that have been sold both by respected retailers such as Whole Foods and direct to consumers via our website. So it goes without saying that we were very surprised when we were contacted in mid-November 2010 by a blogger questioning the nutritional content of our Miso Caesar product. When we asked for the support for the blogger’s claims, he declined our request and refused to provide a copy of his report.

Nevertheless, Galeos immediately began a voluntary series of tests at one of the country’s top independent, food-testing laboratories. The findings established that the fat content shown on each of our product’s labels has always been, and remains, accurate.

However, the nutritional quantities of some of the ingredients that we use in our recipes were changed without our knowledge. This resulted in higher levels of sodium and a slight increase in carbohydrates. This was an unintentional and unfortunate error, for which we sincerely apologize.

We have produced new product labels to reflect the accurate sodium and carbohydrate levels for each of our products. To ensure that the product labels remain accurate, we have developed and instituted new policies to maintain nutritional consistency. We have informed our vendors that each and every ingredient supplied to Galeos must meet with the company’s specific and exacting standards including Galeos’ required nutritional values. Our vendors are required to immediately notify us in writing in the event that any changes are made to the qualities or quantities of any ingredient.

Additionally, we have implemented a policy to arrange for periodic independent testing of the nutritional content of each of our final Galeos products to confirm consistency between the products and their labels.

Also, our labels will now conveniently indicate nutritional information for two different serving sizes because many of our loyal customers have told us that they like to use our Galeos products as salad dressings, marinades and dips. These various uses can impact the appropriate serving size and, therefore, impact nutritional values.

Galeos has always been and remains committed to quality and outstanding customer service. We sincerely appreciate your patience and loyalty throughout this process.

We will be happy to provide you with a refund or a product replacement of your choosing. If you would like to request a refund or replacement, please visit Miso Dressing for Salad, Marinade, Japanese recipe - Galeos Cafe Dressings and review our “Customer Satisfaction Policy” and “Products” pages for additional information.

As always, please don’t hesitate to email Galeos at info@galeoscafe.com and thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

Chef Andrei
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
That's good news on the miso dressing!

Hi everyone! I'm still around, just have been having a bad time with eating sugar and refined carbs lately and feeling blech and discouraged. I'm doing a bit better today.

DH has decided he needs to diet. He does this 1-2 times a year and he diets rather strictly. Typical guy, he doesn't seem to have any trouble staying on plan when he wants to. And he drops weight like crazy. I'm going to diet with him this time, at least try to stay as much to lean protein and vegetables only as I can. He's starting Monday. It does make my own dieting easier when he's dieting, too. Not as much temptation since he's not eating his potatoes, breads, etc, so it should be good for both of us.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
Old 02-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #324
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! I now am fully back on the internet....don't ask me how but I got it figured out....or more likely just got lucky while messing around with it.

OK---now to go back and get caught up.....back in a bit.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Good morning! I now am fully back on the internet....don't ask me how but I got it figured out....or more likely just got lucky while messing around with it.

OK---now to go back and get caught up.....back in a bit.
WElcome back. Hope that doesn't happen again.
I had a really good day yesterday eatig and the scale gods have rewarded me. I am almost back to my pre christmas weight. UGH!!! Anyway down to 206.6

I made a big pan of Linda Sue's early morning bf and cut it into 15 squares. That is about as much egg as I can stand. With that and a cup of coffee. Just right to make me feel satisfied. I put it in ziplocks and put it in the freezer so I can just grab some. Making meatballs tonight with a salad. Trying to really plan ahead. I think that helps me.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

Kathy---thanks for the update! I'm sure Liz will be excited to know she can bathe in the miso dressing again!

Liz--on D2, I don't know much about it when it naturally occurs in food. I did read some in the past about supplementation with D2 and apparently it can be dangerous. Our bodies can't fully break it down and the bi-products can be hard on the liver I think....but I can't really remember. I don't know if that is the same for naturally occurring or not. Hmmmm, just made me wonder if that breakdown process has something to do with some people having allergies to mushrooms and other molds/funguses. For supplementation D3 is always what is recommended. I've read lots of conflicting things on over supplementation as far as it being toxic. Lots of sources say it is, however lots of real people testimonials and studies show people taking up to 50,000 iu's safely and having a lot of positive results with it for fibro, depression, skin issues, etc. I think the most interesting was the peeps who have skin cancer or other skin issues and took high doses and could stay in the sun all day without a bit of sunburn or damage. I take 10,000 in the winter/spring and 5,000 in the summer and fall. When tested last spring my level was 77 which is good, but not too high so I feel like it works fine for me. I've thought about actually increasing it to see if it would get rid of the last 2 patches of psoriasis that I have. The levels I'm taking got rid of all but these 2 .....but for whatever reason I haven't done that yet. Not afraid of the high doses, just keep forgetting I guess.

Glad the sour cream helped your muffins! I think in the right application it definitely does give a much better texture to things. What in the heck are you using mimic cream for? Fat is what keeps you full and satisfied.

Vicki----oh my gosh you are just melting! If I remember right you were going to do HCG but honestly I can't believe you would have had any better results with that then what you are doing! Plus, who needs HCG if you can get results like this on your own!

Jen---so how is induction going? For snacks--really, I can't think of a lot. As long as you don't go over your 3-4oz of cheese at meals you could have some of that. If you don't use cream you could make a little sour cream dip (1 oz) and have that with celery or some kind of raw veggies. Of course deviled eggs would be good. Maybe just take along some leftover meat that you could eat cold and have that if you are really hungry. Do you like OMM's? You could make those and if you have a toaster at work toast it up and put on some butter----that would be a tasty filling snack---if you like them. Personally, not a big fan of the flax ones and can't eat any of them if they aren't toasted! Visit Linda Sue's site and look at the items that are marked for induction or maybe look at some of her induction menus for ideas. I'm sure there are lots of things, I'm just not a pro---as we have all seen---at induction!

Val---well, I guess we have been up to no good together! :blush: Me and sugar have had a few rounds the last few days. When I go on a bender it usually lasts 3 days, and yesterday was day 3. Hopefully today I can keep it together cause I actually feel pretty crappy from it all today. I will have to say that my sugar benders while on the aminos have become less 'damaging' and nothing tastes as good as it usually does. Also--I used to feel great after consuming a lot of sugar, unless it was a binge. Now---because I know what actually feeling great feels like, this doesn't feel so good. So I need to get myself detoxed and give the aminos a few days to start kicking back in again.

OK, think I'm caught up. We are missing some peeps no hiding out folks---this is where you get to come and be accountable without being judged....and the sooner you do that the sooner you will probably be able to move forward. Or at least that is how it works for me.

Jennifer from TX----what's up?? I might be in TX for work next month so I wanted to see where exactly you are located. Maybe we can hook up.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #327
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay Jen----way to go on planning and finding some good LS recipes to try out!! Glad the scales rewarded you, it's always nice when they behave!!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone

I really appreciate netrition's actions/responses to the galeo rumors
I can never say enough how much I love netrition's customer service

I did say in my rant that it was possible that the website was wrong. That's one thing about the internet...anyone can post anything Apparently the total amounts were wrong (thankfully not as high) but the nutritional info was not correct. I checked the galeo website for updated nutritional info and the calories are still quite low and reasonable (25 per tbsp) however the carbs have gone from 0.5 per tbsp to 4 grams per tbsp. That is a pretty big difference for someone doing induction level carbs. Especially considering the fact that most peeps use more than one tbsp for dressing.

I appreciate galeo's efforts to provide accurate info and correct their labels. I really LOVE their dressings. Seriously I like them enough to use them even if they were 140 cals per tbsp. I just need to learn portion control:blush:
Old 02-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Yay Jen----way to go on planning and finding some good LS recipes to try out!! Glad the scales rewarded you, it's always nice when they behave!!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #330
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yikes, that is a pretty big difference in carbs.

And on a related note---who in the world uses 1T of dressing, or even the 2T they say a serving is on most dressings? I crack up when I see peoples menus that say 1 or 2 T dressing.....seriously?? What's the point?! I use 6-8 easily. Now, at 4 carbs a T, I probably wouldn't---I have better things to use my carbs on. But peeps actually say they eat that little with the low carb stuff......really?

Sorry, got off on a tangent there, it's just something that always makes me when I see that on a menu.
Closed Thread