Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Jen, I find not sleeping can show up on the scale the next morning, too. Sometimes a bad night's sleep can leave the morning scale weight up a full pound or more than I expected it to be. And same with being sick. Flu-sick, with vomiting and fevers for more than a day or two can lead to weight loss from being sick, but plain old colds and coughs and stuff tend to have me pile on a pound or two while they are around. Maybe it's the body's way of gathering resources in case you get really sick. Watch the scale but don't let it irritate you. You'll probably get a nice whoosh when you are feeling better and have a great night's sleep.

I'm up this morning, but it's my own fault - a bad day of food choices yesterday. I spent some time journaling about what I think happened, and I'm going to address those issues today. So, a diet day today, keeping calories around 1000-1200, back on track with my every other day dieting and hopefully the scale will start to head south instead of north this week!

Teresa, the weather caught me off guard this morning, too. It's been a tiny bit milder this weekend, only slightly below freezing but this morning it was freaking cold. It was a shock to my system. I'm afraid to look to see if we've got snow coming.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hey everybody

I'm feeling pretty good today. So grateful to be relieved of the food obsessions & be migraine free for the past few days

I hope that nasty weather passes quickly and everyone is able to stay safe and warm. I'm such a wuss when it comes to ice/snow/freezing weather. Life in the deep south hasn't equiped me with the knowledge/skills to handle that tough weather.

TERESA...I forgot to respond to your request for the zucchini fritter recipe. I didn't use an actual recipe. I just shredded a couple of zucchinis and drained them well (squeezed them in paper towels) I added one egg, some parm cheese, a lot of sharp cheddar and a couple tbsp of carbquick. I think it would have been just as good without carbquick. I did some in the oven spread thin in a pan and fried a few. Delicious!

I made a pumpkin walnut spice muffin yesterday that was really good. DH couldn't believe it after the zucchini muffin incident
It calls for barley and oat flour as well as the brown sugar diabeti sweet.
I tweaked a recipe from the bag of barley flour.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Liz - that's a great idea for the zucchini fritters! I'm going to try that!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:54 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee716 View Post
Liz - that's a great idea for the zucchini fritters! I'm going to try that!
I hope you like them.

Another tasty option is to add italian seasonings, parmesan and italian cheeses/mozzerella to the zucchini & egg. These are quite tasty with a bit of NSA tomato sauce as a dip

now I'm wanting more fritters. I wonder if eggplant would work for an italian fritter. I think the main thing is to make sure to drain well so that they can get crispy

I'm dragging tail today. I need to get on the treadmill

I've cut back on diet coke to one per day. I've also increased my water intake which has kept me running to the bathroom.....does that count as exercise?!? I have to go up a flight of steps to get there

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-31-2011 at 12:56 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aijarama
Stats: 280/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/06 @280, 5/10 @242
Evening ladies!

Jen - keep those fluids coming, maybe you can drown the sick and drown a little fat too

Mmmmm, zucchini fritters!

I had a lazy Monday today. Chalk it up, it happens. Went to Torrid yesterday and got a lovely green strapless dress, and the 16 was too big, they didn't have a 14, so a got it in a TWELVE and it fit! Def not to say I'm a size 12, I think that just happened to work out. Still nice to see, though. Almost outta that store! Also got some really nice fitting jeans (14Tall) and a couple sex-ay sweaters. Gonna use it as motivation to keep up the good work!

Liz - I def think cutting back on the non-water drinks helps.

Teresa - I know, I didn't go to the gym today, I DEF need to go tomorrow! We have snow warning in NJ also (I forget where you are), so I'm trying to stay focused. Even if I get in 30 minutes on the treadmill, that's enough!
219 by 7/3/10 - ACHIEVED 7/1
209 by 8/7/10 (Bellydance recital ) not quite
209 by 9/15/10 still no!
209 by 10/15/10 DONE!
199... hopefully sometime soon!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Hey all, wow long day. Got off at 7pm after 10 1/2 hours of work. Seen 23 pts today. That is good but hard to do alone. UGH!!! Hey I should have gotten in a good workout tho. right!!!

I am taking tomorrow off to go with DD to DGsons appt with hematologist. Hope we can find out what happened last week.

I came home and ate some hotdogs, (no buns) and a small salad. DD bought a whold dozen of those vile, evil, nasty donuts. But I didn't have one or even a bite. I did have a couple pieces of sF chocolate. One small step for man one giant leap for womankind.

239/195.2/145
Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijarama View Post
Jen - keep those fluids coming, maybe you can drown the sick and drown a little fat too

I had a lazy Monday today. Chalk it up, it happens. Went to Torrid yesterday and got a lovely green strapless dress, and the 16 was too big, they didn't have a 14, so a got it in a TWELVE and it fit! Def not to say I'm a size 12, I think that just happened to work out. Still nice to see, though. Almost outta that store! Also got some really nice fitting jeans (14Tall) and a couple sex-ay sweaters. Gonna use it as motivation to keep up the good work!
Thanks Aija, congrats on the 12's Take it as you get it.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

12s are great, Aija!

Jen, what kind of work do you do? Something medical since you see patients?

Good diet day for me today, kept the calories low and protein high! Even had enough calories leftover for sugarfree frozen yogurt for dessert!

No zucchini fritters tonight though. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #279
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning! Happy February! Just like every year, I can already tell this one is gonna fly!!

It's only Tuesday I woke up at 4am the weather is nasty the roads are very slick ....and yet for some reason I am in a very chipper mood today. Guess I'll just enjoy.

Val---are you guys getting any of this snow? It seems like the north is not getting hit so hard, but the south sure is. Glad you had a good day yesterday! Where do you get sf frozen yogurt?? I've never seen that around here but I'm sure I would love it.

Liz---the world is a whole different place when food obsessions are gone, isn't it? Maybe those aminos are really working for ya.

The zuch fritters sound great---thanks for the recipe! Now....I need the one for the pumpkin muffins please.

Oh---and the kitty treats in your avi---those are Jaden's favorite treats! Chloe loves them too, but then again, she loves everything!

Aija---wooohoooo---you are going to be out of the plus size stores soon! Actually, you probably already are, have you tried things in the 'regular' sections yet? I loved, loved, loved getting out of the plus sizes, but honestly it was kind of overwhelming when I could suddenly shop anywhere.....I didn't really know where to start!

I'm in Iowa, and truthfully we have had it really easy this year compared to you guys. The south and the east have really been hit the hardest this winter.....but since we had the most God awful winter last year I think we deserved the break!

Jen--good for you on the food choices yesterday!! And what is DD doing bringing home donuts when everyone is low carbing?! I'm thinking I would tell her donuts don't come in the house---just like smoking!!

Hope you are feeling better today and hope you guys find an answer about what is going on with DGS.

So, this winter storm is not over yet, still under warnings through tomorrow...I think they are saying more snow and blizzard conditions. Oh well, just another month or two and we should be past the worst of this stuff.

Gym tonight----well assuming the trainer can meet with me at the time I'm available, which I'm thinking she can. Sent her an e-mail this morning to make sure. It dawned on me last night that if I was going to work out today I needed to bring some work out clothes with me. I'm just not used to this working out concept! :blush:

OK---meetings ALL morning, hopefully I can keep the calendar clear this afternoon so I can get some work done. Have a nice day ladies!!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Home early today due to upcoming blizzard.

I weighed today because I had been at fiance's place since starting the Fast Track Detox on Saturday. I weighed 197 on Sat and today (drum roll please) I am 188.5 YAHOO
Old 02-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all. I have had a long day. had to take DGson to hematologist today. Not the best of eating since options and money were slim.

The Dr says he thinks that one of the caps was cutting into one of his blood vessels. He doesn't think there is anything to worry about. They did labs anyway.

Val- I am an x-ray tech/ office assistant for an Orthopedics office. Usually Mondays and wednesdays are our big days and we have help but yesterday was not the case. UGH!!!

I have been sick today for some reason. not sure if it is the long ride in the car or something else.

Scales were back down a bit this morning tho.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---holy cow that was quite the whoosh!! So you're getting this blizzard stuff too. I feel like I just took the longest snowmobile ride of my life getting home--and it wasn't a fun one. The wind was so strong it just pushed my little car all over and since there is no way for the plows to keep up there are drifts everywhere. Fun, fun.

Jen---glad it doesn't sound like it's serious with DGS. As far as being sick, don't you think it's still whatever you had the other day, or is this something new? Girl---we got to get you healthy!!

As far as food goes, a double cheeseburger (minus the bun) and a side salad at McDonalds are about as cheap as you can get.

My radio station is so funny---on the way home they said 'here is our guy on the scene with weather and traffic.' In the background you hear a guy say "this SUCKS!" Then they said 'here is the extended forcast'...and played the song "Cold As Ice." They crack me up. All the other stations are saying there is a blizzard warning, don't drive, etc. etc. Well duh. I like this station cause they don't waste time telling me the obvious! I'm listening to them right now and they said rather than listing what is closed (businesses, etc) they'll just tell us what is open....then a long silence!

So no gym tonight---but, it's because the trainer couldn't meet with me. We have an appt tomorrow night.....of course that's assuming we are open tomorrow. Although we have stayed open through worse so I'm sure we will be, and I'll be getting in my first real work out in a long long long time! :blush:
Old 02-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!

It's misty and a little icy out but they say we're gonna get hit with snow tonight - at this point it's like once a week, I'm so over it!

Vicki - WOW! KUTGW!

Jen - glad to hear of the loss, take it where you can get it!

Teresa - Thanks! Yeah, I can fit XLs at Target and Gap and other places that are more "liberally" cut...haven't tried the Express type stores yet. Good luck on your workout tomorrow! You can do it!

My friend on WW has lost 77lbs so far and has a 5K time of 35 minutes! I'm gonna try and beat her time (in a friendly way, of course ). Did Couch to 5K today, did 3.2 in 37:30, but that was jogging spurts of 10min each. I really wanna be able to run it straight through and I just don't know how people do it without getting winded!

I've decided to start this month off with Lose It, my food/exercise tracking app. I've gotten into the habit of saying "I can't be bothered with counting/tracking food" and for what? It takes 5 minutes. I'm already bothered with recording weight and %bf every day, so come on
Old 02-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello everyone

I was really really REALLY annoyed yesterday to discover that a product that I use a lot of is possibly incorrectly labeled for calories and carbs.
The galeo miso dressings that I adore enough to bathe in may have up to TEN times the stated amount of calories and carbs according to a website. The website sent a sample off for lab analysis and instead of the stated 14 calories and 0.5carbs it had up to 140 calories and 7 carbs
WTheck?!?!?!?! I found this because netrition was out of galeo when I went to reorder so I did a search.

I ordered this stuff by the case because I really do love the taste. I like it enough that I would have used it even at 140 calories but I would watch my portions. Thinking it had 14 calories I GOBBED it on my huge vats of lettuce. OINK OINK OINK. I figure that I was consuming at least 6tbsp per salad. Usually I eat 2 salads daily. That is a LOT of extra calories. More than 1,000 EXTRA calories per day. No wonder I haven't been losing

Lessons learned....moderation is important even when you THINK the calories are low. If seems too good to be true it IS too good to be true (how cliche) and you really never know WHAT is actually in any processed food. That salad drsg is one of the very few foods that I consume that are not 100% whole foods.

Maybe that website was wrong but I still plan to cut down even further on any processed/prepared foods. And I really need to quit being a hawg just because I think something is low calorie/low carb:blush:
Old 02-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

VICKI... CONGRATS on that major whoosh! WOOOHOOO! You're off to a great start! KUTGW

AIJA...CONGRATS on those size 12's!!! I bet you look and feel great!

TERESA...how scary to drive in those conditions. I'm so glad you made it home safely Do you have chains on your tires?

JEN...hope you're feeling better. That's great news about your dgs

LINDA...yoohooo...where are you???? Hope you're doing well
Old 02-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Liz! Ahhhhh! The betrayal you must feel! Sorry to hear that, girl!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA...here is the spicy pumpkin muffin recipe that my DH ADORES

cup barley flour
cup oat flour
TBSP baking powder (you need more than normal due to low gluten content of flours)
1/2 tsp salt
TBSP cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
tsp vanilla extract
tsp stevia
1/2 cup diabeti sweet brown sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup egg beaters or 2 eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk (can substitute with HWC and water or other milk substitute and
add one TBSP vinegar to equal 3/4cup)

1/4 cup oil or melted butter***(I left this out of the last batch and they were still
really good)

Combine dry ingredients
Combine wet ingredient
Mix together until combined (don't overmix)

Put into greased muffin pan (makes 6 large or 12 small)

Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes

These muffins are really good with walnut pieces added
I've also made a walnut, cinnamon, brown sugar, & butter topping
also good with cream cheese icing (isn't EVERYTHING better with that?!?!)
Old 02-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijarama View Post
Liz! Ahhhhh! The betrayal you must feel! Sorry to hear that, girl!
thanks Aija
Seriously I really did/do feel betrayed and hurt. I told my DH it felt like when we were robbed
DH looked at me like
I realized I was maybe being a bit dramatic but don't mess with my food or someone could get hurt haha
Old 02-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Yum---thanks for the recipe, sounds good! Do they rise up much? I'm thinking if I added sour cream for some of the butter it would probably rise up a lot like the zuch cake does.

OK, the Pizza Hut guy just got stuck in the parking lot. What the heck are they doing out in this?! If he can't get out I bet I could buy some pizzas from him really cheap!

Liz---or anyone---can you get in Face Book tonight. I was just in an hour or so ago and now when I try to get in it keeps saying it either doesn't recognize my 'user id' or that I have had a large number of invalid logons and it makes me type in the weird wavy security code words....but then immediately rejects them. I might go into FB withdrawal...and all the food in my Cafe is going to start rotting!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #290
Big Yapper!!!!

That does stink Liz. So what are the ingredients in the miso dressing? I'm thinking if they are listed we can probably figure out the calorie counts. I'm surprised Netrition didn't discover it, they have found those kinds of issues before and forced companies to change their labels.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Aija and Liz, I needed a whoosh!

Liz, those muffins look yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa, I am a bit north of you but yes, we are having a blizzard too. I had to get out 2 25 lb weights plus 2 20 lb weights to hold my north garage door shut.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Yum---thanks for the recipe, sounds good! Do they rise up much? I'm thinking if I added sour cream for some of the butter it would probably rise up a lot like the zuch cake does.

OK, the Pizza Hut guy just got stuck in the parking lot. What the heck are they doing out in this?! If he can't get out I bet I could buy some pizzas from him really cheap!

Liz---or anyone---can you get in Face Book tonight. I was just in an hour or so ago and now when I try to get in it keeps saying it either doesn't recognize my 'user id' or that I have had a large number of invalid logons and it makes me type in the weird wavy security code words....but then immediately rejects them. I might go into FB withdrawal...and all the food in my Cafe is going to start rotting!
I didn't realize that sour cream helped baked goods rise. Thanks for the info...interesting

The muffins do rise pretty well. I think the sour cream would be a good addition. Let me know if you make it like that.

Stay away from the pizza guy.............can't believe that are delivering in that weather. I hope he got some good tips. TIP>>>>stay home in this weather

No problems with facebook
Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all. I didn't realize that sour cream made things rise either. I will have to remember that.

Teresa, I don't think this is the same as the other day. I think part of it is what I ate today and maybe part virus. I have diarrhea, (which I never have) and feel this kind of rumbling in my stomach. Has been going on all day. It could be caused from the antibiotics I have been taking for this bronchitis.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Just checking in. Feeling some better this morning. Don't know. BBL!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:42 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Snow Day!! What to do, what to do.

I weighed today and am down to 187, YIPEE.

Liz, I don't want my food messed with either. Better you found out now though. However, has it stalled your wt loss anyways thinking the calories and carbs were what was on the label?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:55 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, everyone! Just checking in, not too much to report. Yesterday wasn't a great day with food, but I'm going to try to make today better, though I confess I don't feel particularly strong.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:10 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(((((((((((((Valerie)))))))))))))))) You can do it.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning, Happy Hump Day!

Jen---glad you are feeling better! I don't know anything about bronchitis, but is it possible that as you are clearing that up that maybe you are having some drainage that is upsetting your stomach? I know that when people have sinus stuff that is getting better the drainage from it can cause the kind of issues you're having. Just a thought.

Vicki---I'm jealous, I want a snow day! Yay on the scale---this clense seems to be working great for you! How many more days do you have left?

Val----YOU CAN DO IT!!!! You are stronger than the food!! I'm not sure what a 'not great day' is for you, but you can definitely make today better. What I have learned for myself (and I have to keep learning over and over ) is that I should never follow a not so good day with any kind of restriction---I need to go back to maintenance and get grounded before trying to pull back on anything. Otherwise I feel like crap and I'm likely to end up having some more not so good days. However that is easier said than done because I panic and think I need to get back on track or lose the bloat or punish myself or whatever---so I have to fight myself on that concept a lot. But I also know a lot of people that go back to induction or an egg day or whatever kind of restriction and that seems to help them get back in control---so we all need to find what works for us. Just be true to what you know you need to do for yourself, and you'll be fine.

Well, the blizzard is over but it is bitterly nasty and cold, areas of the city are still under drifts of several feet of snow. Work of course is open, so I've been here since 6am. Most of our team isn't here, which is kind of nice cause maybe I will get lots done....but then again I've been spending the morning trying to coordinate everything to make sure that stuff that has to get done---does---cause the peeps who usually take care of all of that aren't here.

I think my computer at home has a virus No time this week to try to get it figured out and 'fixed' but hopefully this weekend.

OK, since I've had a million interruptions trying to write this, I think that means I really need to get back to work.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, and I forgot to add.....I'm not sure if sour cream helps it to rise or not, at least maybe not on it's own. I need to do some more reading on it to understand how it works, but in the right combo it certainly seems to give a whole new texture to baked goods. And, I think I said I would swap out some of the fat for the sour cream---actually what I meant was the buttermilk. Buttermilk I believe is known to help with rise and 'tenderness' of baked goods. But I don't want to buy a whole thing of buttermilk to make one thing, and I'm not a fan of the powdered stuff. So I'm thinking I could swap out part of that for sour cream and part for cream w/vinegar.....but I'm not sure. I know the acidity somehow plays into all of this but I just haven't had time to really experiment and research. But if I figure it out I'll let you all know.

Just wanted to make sure that I clarified that (although it's really not that clear ) before peeps start adding sour cream to everything and it doesn't make stuff better or it makes it worse! I also suspect that baking soda might need to be adjusted in recipes where this is added.....but I can't remember why I think that. I wish I were independently weathy so I could stay home and do experiments all day!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not sure Teresa if it has anything to do with bronchitis or not.

Today not a good day for me. I just have the blahs.
Closed Thread