Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: soon-2-b-slim
Stats: 221.6/221.6/154
Start Date: jan 1 2012
daily menu

When I was here before there was a daily menu thread up and running. It was a way of keeping track personally but also of giving others an idea of what to have to eat! I have had a quick look but not seen it this time round so I thought I'd start one off for today.

Had a good start, with bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, now for my first challenge....DH wants to go to his favourite fish and chip shop for lunch!! I'm not going to say no because I want food to fit into my life, not have to change my life to fit food! Previously I would have had a childs fishcake and chip meal (about 10 WW points) but I think I'll have a chicken breast with a bit of salad instead!

Planning on cooking spaghetti bolognese for the kids' tea so I'll have some of the sauce layered in a dish with a bit of cheese, finished in the oven! Looking forward to it already
soon-2-b-slim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
I don't usually post on these Lynne, lol! because, like you, I cook for the family (4 of us), so I just make my food as easy as possible - generally the same thing day in, day out, and then I just substitute different things in when I want a different meal, but I expect today will be my "go-to" menu. I am trying to lose 5 pounds, so this is a weightloss menu for me:

breakfast: protein bar
coffee and milk

lunch:
avocado cheese sandwich on half lc pita
8 oz brussel sprouts
coffee and milk

afternoon snack:
egg-free flax muffin with whipped cream
peppermint tea with splenda

dinner:
two fried eggs with cheese and salsa
3 cups of sauteed cabbage (no oil - pam spray)

dessert/evening snack:
soynut butter almond drop
peppermint tea with splenda

There is a daily menu and exercise thread over on Main Board, but it would be good to get one here too ..

Stats: 47 Years Old & 5'3" tall
Weight: 236.5 (43 bmi) / 132.5 / 128-133 (size 4/6 .. 23 bmi)

*Weekly Weigh-In 7/10/12

My Journal
Year One Weightloss and Chart
My Weightloss Story
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RBear62767
Stats: 280/145/150
WOE: Nothing white!
Start Date: 9/4/01
Ok, I'll jump in here...

Breakfast - Southwest Egg Beaters with Weight Watchers jack cheese
Snack - Strawberries & Fiber One Yogurt
Lunch - Beefless tender tips & veggie stir fry over 1/2 cup of brown rice
Snack - 1 Weight Watchers string cheese
Dinner - Barbeque pork with steamed greens & garlic, half of a sweet potato
Snack - SF jello with whipped cream
RBear62767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #4

... looks like I forgot to add in 1 oz macadamia nuts or pecans (today is pecans) after lunch as "dessert" lol!

(too late to edit)
Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Hi sugarscrap ,

Normally somebody will start one in the Main Low Carb Lobby - I'm still finding my way around the board, so I don't know if there's normally one in the Century Club also.

It' TUESDAY! What are you eating today?

I find these kind of threads really useful, both for looking for ideas and simply writing down what I'm having / have had, to keep myself accountable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarscrap View Post
Previously I would have had a childs fishcake and chip meal (about 10 WW points) but I think I'll have a chicken breast with a bit of salad instead!
You must have a posh chippy in your neck of the woods .

Quote:
Planning on cooking spaghetti bolognese for the kids' tea so I'll have some of the sauce layered in a dish with a bit of cheese, finished in the oven! Looking forward to it already
Sounds good! I'm also having mince today - have made a sheperd's pie with mashed cauli (with butter & cream) instead of the potato, with cheese on top. Let's hope it's at least edible!
clanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

thanks for that link, I'll go and check it out. Believe it or not I'd forgotten about cauli mash! I used to live on it too, great fried with bacon Mmm, think tomorrows breakfast is sorted, just need to have something with cauli mash for tea so I can have some left over

I actually find it easier with LC cooking for the family than I do with WW, I think maybe its because when I do have to do something different maybe because the kids are having chips or something then I have lots of lovely stuff I can have myself, for example yesterday I did myself lasagne with the bolognese sauce the kids had, and I made enough so I can have it for another meal. Mind you it is only the second day!! When I was following LC seriously before I only had me and my little boy to cook for, ( he still isn't keen on potatoes because he just never had them!!) now I have twin stepsons too, although hubby prefers to cook his own disgusting meals, liver and mash and suchlike!!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:58 AM   #7

Quote:
..... When I was following LC seriously before I only had me and my little boy to cook for, ( he still isn't keen on potatoes because he just never had them!!) now I have twin stepsons too.....
What a great problem to have!!!!!! More children That is really funny about your son not liking taters!! I don't know how it is in Wales, but my husband is from Ireland and that would be tantamount to treason Actually I think he'd be disowned now anyhow ... he loves cauli mash and sometimes cannot even tell it is not regular mash

(have you ever thougt about trying to make a lc shepherd's pie with cauli mash?)
Old 04-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Believe it or not I'd forgotten about cauli mash! I used to live on it too, great fried with bacon Mmm, think tomorrows breakfast is sorted, just need to have something with cauli mash for tea so I can have some left over
Ooooh, I hadn't thought about frying it with bacon . Wonder if it'd do a nice bubble and squeak with some leeks and cabbage mushed in, and a small dollop of HP sauce?

I'm still alive, so the shepherd's pie with cauli mash must have been ok.
clanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanger View Post
Ooooh, I hadn't thought about frying it with bacon . Wonder if it'd do a nice bubble and squeak with some leeks and cabbage mushed in, and a small dollop of HP sauce?
Oh Yeahhhh!! It does a fab bubble and squeak!! Not sure about the HP sauce but thats just because I don't like HP sauce!!. Its really nice cooled and wrapped round cubes of cheese then fried too!!

Got a cheeseburger pie with cauli mash planned for tomorrow, I still can't believe I forgot all about cauli mash!!

Last edited by soon-2-b-slim; 04-28-2010 at 02:31 PM..