Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
April Showers Bring May....Weight Loss?

Bring May....Weight Loss?

Lol. I couldn't think of anything.

We are a group of supportive ladies that have had more than 100lbs to lose. We are all in different stages of weight loss. Most of us stick to Atkins type LC but all LC plans are embraced here. Drop in and say hello!

April dates to remember:

04/01/10-April Fools
04/02/10-Good Friday
04/04/10-

04/21/10-Administrative Professionals Day
04/22/10-Earth Day

So everyone, what are your April Goals?

And for some added motivation:

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
My goal for April is to get under 264 and have it stick.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IzzyTheTerrible
Stats: 290/269/150
WOE: Listening to my body
Start Date: Every day is a new day. :)
Checking in! Thanks for the new thread, MsWoods
IzzyTheTerrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aijarama
Stats: 280/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/06 @280, 5/10 @242
Checking in! Love the pic!

My April goal is to get to 235! Easy does it
Aijarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys, just figured I'd post my menu for the day to be accountable. I've aimed pretty low today because I'm feeling really really really depressed for some reason.... soooo... just in case.

B - OMM w/ cream cheese
L - Eggplant Lasagna
S - Carrots and hummus
D - Teryaki Salmon and "asian cabbage"
Old 04-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Minxz
Stats: 303/213.6/190
Here! I'm still shooting for 240..
Minxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

B - PB and Strawberry preserves on sprouted grain bread (the bread is high fiber, feels like I'm ripping into a towel )
S - 2 hb eggs
L - broccoli/tofu stirfry with brown rice
S - roasted almonds and wasabi roasted edamame

DINNER - I don't know yet and that could be dangerous!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lylotte
Stats: Meh/0/not meh at all!
Start Date: Every morning
This is a super quick drive by...

Goals for the month: other than the obvious stay on plan blah blah I want to get to 190lbs, purge my closet of fat clothing, start working on toning up this flabby body of mine rather than my usual cardio workouts.

June, I'm thinking good thoughts for you!

Okay gotta jet and make dinner, got a splitting headache after being at the mall for 5 hours.
Lylotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #9

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I hit within .4 of my April 1 goal, but that was after a few good days, I don't know if it will stick. Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, shooting for 6 lb off in April.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Phew. Today, instead of the Salmon, dinner was Keilbasa and Cabbage. Just wanted to share, cause it was the first time I tried it tonight. I rarely eat processed meats but really had a taste for it... and this recipe really was a yummy way to have it.

Wasn't a 5 star recipe, but was a 10 minute, $3 recipe... which made enough for dinner AND leftover lunches.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:18 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I'm so screamingly frustrated. It's been almost a month since I lost any weight, and I haven't seen that number since I hit it.

I know this is TMI but I normally only go once (yes, despite 35 + grams of fiber today, additional fiber suppliments and over 100 ounces of fluid a day), maybe twice a week, so when I did yesterday I knew I had to weigh today. Nada. Just 275 laughing back at me.

I've lowered my carbs some more, I started making sure to measure EVERYTHING (which made me realize that I was actually over-estimating the whole time), I've kept my calories around 1100-1700 (which for my frame... well you know), and nothing. Nothing's budging, not measurements (finally broke out the tape again this morning), no scale, nothing.

I've been on Metformin because my doctor was at a loss for why I wasn't losing weight, but that's not helping. I guess I'm going to go see another doctor next week, I dunno what else to do.

I know that my stats say I've lost 15 lbs since January, but the original number was a guess. When I weighed myself in February I was expecting to see 290, but was at 279. That was at the beginning of Feb, now we're in April.

I'm not giving up, but I sure do feel like it.... and this is why I gave up in the past. Because I know that I'm doing everything right, that I'm being 99% good, and I get no where... I mean seriously, whats the point of restricting everything, missing the foods I love so much.... if I CANT get anywhere?

<end vent>

Hubby - 267/244/???
Old 04-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Izzy, that really sucks, I'm sorry that things are so frustrating for you right now. I don't really have any answers for you. My weight never quite melted off of me, I worked every pound of it but I didn't have any 'bigger' issues to deal with thankfully. Mind if I ask what 'plan' you are following.. I mean 'listening to my body' doesn't really mean anything to me.. hehe.. If I listened to my body I'm be gorging on chocolate bunnies right now. What are you basing your eating off of or are you totally winging it hoping to find something that works/feels right.

June, I'm hoping that you are feeling well all things considered.

Nikki - I don't care if you're not on plan, you need to check in!!

*waves to everyone else*

I spent almost my whole day outside with DD, it is hot summer weather hear just without all the humidity. It's wonderful!

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend and being good staying on plan no matter how tempting those chocolate bunnies and eggs look!

Had twin girls recently, guess why I'm back here? bah! But they're worth every second
Old 04-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I just put "listening to my body" because I got tired of Atkins followers telling me I was eating too many carbs and too little, and the Southveach people saying I am eating too high fat.

I did Atkins a few years back and lost 90 lbs, so I know the ins and outs of it... But I chose to do something in between southbeach and atkins... Low glycemic, less than 50 net carbs a day, 30 grams fiber, 100 ounces of water and 1200-1700.... I looked back on my old Atkins stuff and I am pretty sure I was losing cause some days I was only eating 500 calories... Regularly. Atkins made me super sick, south beach has too many carbs.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eaglemom21
Stats: 212/210.2/135 T:47.5/47.5/?
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3-3-10
i had a doctor appointment yesterday. my doctor told me that i need to eat what i would normaly eat and what i like to eat just eat less. Seriously, if i had the will power to do that I wouldn't be so overweight. However, I can't seem to stick to low carb for more than a few days before cheating. I'm sooooo confused!!!

What do you guys think?
eaglemom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Well Dang!! Never mind that question!! I know that LC is the right WOE. I'm so easily confused by nay sayers of LC.

I have to dig deep and find a way to stick to this WOE!! Hopefully it will someday become not just the right way, but my normal way!!

Pray for me please, I am pretty sure I'm going to be needing it!!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jimnjen96
Stats: 313/313/195
WOE: Atkins extended induction
Start Date: everyday
My April goals are pretty high since I am still in my first month. For April, I would like to get down to 275. So, that is 13 pounds down from today. We'll see but I'm shooting for the stars!

Izzy - you have some stress going on right now with your mom and all. Maybe cortisol levels are higher and having you hold on to fat right now??? Just a thought, but I understand your frustration. Keep your chin up, your "innards" have to be healthier with the way you are eating.

Eaglemom - I don't think people including docs who do not deal with our unrecognized eating disorder, understand the cravings and mood swings etc that come from carbs. This is our disease to deal with for the rest of our lives, and until docs understand it and see it as a disease then they just tell you what the books say. You're doing great and you will feel great!

Everyone else, Happy Easter!!!
jimnjen96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnjen96 View Post
My April goals are pretty high since I am still in my first month. For April, I would like to get down to 275. So, that is 13 pounds down from today. We'll see but I'm shooting for the stars!

Izzy - you have some stress going on right now with your mom and all. Maybe cortisol levels are higher and having you hold on to fat right now??? Just a thought, but I understand your frustration. Keep your chin up, your "innards" have to be healthier with the way you are eating.

Eaglemom - I don't think people including docs who do not deal with our unrecognized eating disorder, understand the cravings and mood swings etc that come from carbs. This is our disease to deal with for the rest of our lives, and until docs understand it and see it as a disease then they just tell you what the books say. You're doing great and you will feel great!

Thanks. It's always a struggle, but things are a little more stressful than usual, plus I haven't been able to be as active because I'm still nursing a broken foot, so perhaps I just need to lower stuff a little more to compensate until I'm able to return to my normal activity level.

I'm going to try to let it go and just take it one day at a time and not worry about losing as much as just continuing to eat healthy and just leave it at that.

Eaglemom - have you considered a different approach if the one you've been trying is failing? Perhaps rather than saying "tomorrow I'm going to eat low carb, and stick to it this time!" Maybe make slower changes? Baby steps in the right direction? Decide to make a good choice with each meal, try more lowcarb recipes, incorporate them more, when you don't eat a low carb meal, just plan to do better next time. This method worked for so many people that I know who couldn't 'stick to a diet,' because the idea isn't 'going on a diet' it's making good choices one at a time that in the end result in you changing your LIFESTYLE.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Izzy - Sucks to stall, here's to hoping you see some movement. I'm also doing mid/low carb, high fiber, only good fat type thing, and I still have to be careful how many "liberties" I take.

Had Chinese food with a friend last night and my stomach did NOT appreciate it so now I know. Watching reruns of The Biggest Loser (new to me) for a little inspiration, although it's frustrating how they lose 10lbs in a week and I have to fight and claw for every ounce!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #19

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
Just for perspective, Izzy, I weigh a great deal more than you do, and I have to stick to 1200-1350 cal a day to lose. It scares the **** out of me, because I know it means I won't be able to lose anywhere near all I should unless I cut it way more than that in coming years, but we have to take things a day at a time or we go nuts, huh? Good luck!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Health monkey
Stats: 306/?/160
WOE: Atkins 72 . VLC/HIGH FAT
Start Date: 3/12/10
Hey everyone. Wow what a stressful week! I have been on plan. But yesterday I ate pizza toppings. I know some sugar snuck in from the sause, because I felt sick after. I also ate more veggies yesterday. I dont like to eat more veggies. I feel happy with my high fat, only salad greens. Im not ready to move up the ladder yet. This thursday will be one month and I will be weighing myself. I can feel I have lost. My goal for april is to stay on plan, get moving more and to be happy and de stress. I have been depressed over some really stupid things. I have bad anxiety and I need to just let go and not worry so much. That really needs to be a primary goal. Ok Happy Easter to all and Happy Passover too!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijarama View Post
...so now I know.
I just love this mentality. It's done, over with and in the past.

Thanks for everyone's support, one step at a time I guess.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnjen96 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyTheTerrible View Post
Thanks. It's always a struggle, but things are a little more stressful than usual, plus I haven't been able to be as active because I'm still nursing a broken foot, so perhaps I just need to lower stuff a little more to compensate until I'm able to return to my normal activity level.

I'm going to try to let it go and just take it one day at a time and not worry about losing as much as just continuing to eat healthy and just leave it at that.

Eaglemom - have you considered a different approach if the one you've been trying is failing? Perhaps rather than saying "tomorrow I'm going to eat low carb, and stick to it this time!" Maybe make slower changes? Baby steps in the right direction? Decide to make a good choice with each meal, try more lowcarb recipes, incorporate them more, when you don't eat a low carb meal, just plan to do better next time. This method worked for so many people that I know who couldn't 'stick to a diet,' because the idea isn't 'going on a diet' it's making good choices one at a time that in the end result in you changing your LIFESTYLE.
JemnJen what you said makes so much since. I alway try to make dieting and food choices harder than it should be. Thanks for the encourging words.
My new attitude: i don't need to pick a woe, i know what woe i need to stick to in order to get my diebetes under control and be heart healthy. It really is that simple!! thanks again.

Izzy, those are some good ideas. That maybe a perfect way for me to take it slow and make it habit and lifetime. Thanks

Last edited by eaglemom21; 04-03-2010 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: add to it
Old 04-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Another quickie from me.. need to go make a million deviled eggs and a cheese/meat platter for another Easter dinner I'm going to.

I have this to say today: Malitol is evil!

I've eaten a little too much SF chocolate, I had to! I couldn't handle DD and DH eating all the treats. I'm going to be suffering for the next few hours. Ekk!

Yesterday I did well, LC taco salad at Easter lunch with in-laws and then steak/veggies and salad at parents Easter dinner. Today we have another Easter meal, not sure what the meat is but I'm hoping for turkey *fingers crossed* The SF candies will make me stall out for a day or two but considering the alternative I'm not too worried about it.

Hope every is doing well.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
Down to 271.6. 20-grams is definitely working for me. Posting pics of the food porn here and on my blog. Mmmm.
BrandNewMe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
November 25/2009 I weighed 319 lbs then got the swine flu and lost ~10lbs the hard
way! Well today I can now say I am no longer in the 300's I now weigh 299.9 I
know that .1lb is meaningless but it's still good to be less than 300 again!
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: droppin
Stats: 258.4/223/150-new start 12/29/2011
WOE: My Own Low Carb
Start Date: 12/29/2011
Hello Ladies, I haven't been around in awhile, I have been sick and then I had finals at school. I guess I used it an excuse to eat whatever I wanted.

I went to the doctor and they told me I was 246.8. That is only one pound then when I started over 3 months ago.

So I am here to start a new one for me.With me moving and all I had to get a new doctor and this one supports the LC, that made me happy and now that I have a supportive doctor, maybe this will make the difference for me.

Anything is possible with God's help

258...245...231...223..-Current Weight

Tonya
droppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies! Welcome back Tonya!

So it's Sunday night and I'm not speaking of that which was eaten over the past 2 days onward and downward (the scale, that is )
Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Am I stupid? I just ate more SF chocolate! Good news.. it's all gone. Bad news.. my tummy is going to be very rumbly the rest of the night.

So I went to Easter dinner, ate my deviled eggs, cheese and then some turkey. There were veggies I could have eaten but I didn't feel like it. My friend who was there was asking me all about eating LC and my weight loss and is really interested in giving it a real shot. So now I've got to email her some links to recipe sites and ****** etc. I hope it works out for her.

Droppin - that's wonderful you have a supportive doctor. The wieght will come off so don't sweat a few backwards steps. Just get moving forward again and you'll get to where you need to be.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Just another Manic Monday...

This week I'm gonna try to watch my snacking. I'm catching up on The Biggest Loser and apparently people tend to underestimate the amount of food they eat when they snack. I know I do this at work, since I have nuts by my desk at all times. One of my issues is that I consider hunger an emergency and as soon as my stomach growls, a little voice in my mind says "yay, we get to eat! we have to eat NOW! There's a BK, pull over!" so my mini goal for this week is to THINK about that. Yes, I'm hungry, but am I saying it can't wait 45 minutes until I get home? hmmmmm?
219 by 7/3/10 - ACHIEVED 7/1
209 by 8/7/10 (Bellydance recital ) not quite
209 by 9/15/10 still no!
209 by 10/15/10 DONE!
199... hopefully sometime soon!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
H Ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. Easter is over and hopefully we all survived the candy/food fest aspect of a holiday season. Today I begin again.

Congrats E.W. for getting under 300 YAY!
Droppin-hang in there and you can do it!
Aija-way to go tomove forward and be positive!
Charlotte-WTG! on the challanges of eating with family during a holiday. As you say, at least the SF candy is gone. I can't eat even a little of that or I spend HOURS in the bathroom with horrrid cramps and bad stuff.
June-Missing ya and hoping all is well *hugs*
Melissa-WTG and KUTGW (love the kitty in the cup pic).
Joan, Izzy, health monkey, ravenrose, Jimnjen, Ms. Woods and everyone else I hope you have a great day and a good week!
--Laura
pescacat is offline   Reply With Quote