Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi back at ya Deb.
I am SO bored. This is a slow day. I guess no one wants their pay checks!
I did find a new recipe I plan on trying. I found it over on the thread where they discuss recipes. It's called Butter Chicken. It's an Indian recipe. Everyone is raving about it. Now to just find the "garam masala" spice. They say whole foods sales it. I may go there. I haven't been there for a couple of years. You can also make the spice. I'ld just as soon buy a little of it instead of speading the money to buy a bunch of spices I would need for it.
Catch ya later....
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi friends,
rushing home to get ready for the Symphony. Tonight we will enjoy Beethoven's 9th with 2 choirs and 4 soloists. I am sooooo looking forward to it, it will be both grand and touching. I will probably cry. 'cause I'm silly emotional that way. Give me some moving music and watch the tears roll in.

Wishing you all an awesome Friday Evening.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 04-16-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #214

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Hi friends,
rushing home to get ready for the Symphony. Tonight we will enjoy Beethoven's 9th with 2 choirs and 4 soloists. I am sooooo looking forward to it, it will be both grand and touching. I will probably cry. 'cause I'm silly emotional that way. Give me some moving music and watch the tears roll in.

Wishing you all an awesome Friday Evening.
wow oh wow!! enjoy for me too!!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #215

Good Night Everyone
Old 04-17-2010, 05:23 AM   #216

good morning all get up sleepyheads! where is everyone?? can't believe i was the first one this morning and the last one yesterday missing everyone!
mu sinus thingie still hurts and my blind kitty has taken to thinking the seat of the chair she stays on is the litter pan! thank goodness it is scotchguarded! any suggestions?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WildIrishRose
Stats: 271.5/250.5/140
Start Date: 1/10/10 - again...
Good morning Deb!!

I'm here! Just finished making breakfast......nothing spectacular just scrambled eggs and bacon - but it keeps DH happy!

I hope your sinus thingie gets better soon, that is no fun at all! By the way I'm so happy to hear that Kitteh has returned....it is so scary when they wander off! so sorry I don't have any suggestions about the chair/potty....poor little baby is confused!

Eliza - How was the symphony? what a wonderful way to spend a Friday night!! I keep saying every summer that I want to get out to Tanglewood (Boston symphony summer home) but it always seems we run out of summer before I get there!!

Sue - did you try the "Butter chicken" recipe?

Bill - I hope your feeling better!

Good morning to Skyfire, Jean, Sunshine......and anyone I might have missed!!

I'm off to do a bunch of errands this morning, I'll check in later!

Have a great day

Beth
WildIrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #218
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: A_New_Life
Stats: 318/318/199
WOE: VLC
Start Date: 06/30/14
Mind if I join yall?
A_New_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Life View Post
Mind if I join yall?

glad you are here!! tell us a little about you!!

Beth DH and i ordered a baby corral just an hour ago i have a kitty tower covered in soft carpet and am going to make her her own area with her food water her own litter pan(she was doing great getting back and forth before her outside escapade) and we are going to set it near the glass doors for morning sun and with the screen in place a good breeze all day i hope she likes the kitty tower as well as she has her chair for over a year and IDK how sugie another one of our kitties will take to having her tower confiscated!

HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-17-2010 at 09:20 AM..
Old 04-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
Good Morning Everyone
I just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a super Saturday!!

SO glad your Kittah is home safe and sound, Deb, I had a thought about the chair/litter box issue... Has Marble gotten down at all to use litter box since she came home?? If not She might be scared of losing her way again...WIth her age, blindness, and especially if she's become scared getting lost again, Maybe getting some disposable leak-proof bed liners for the chair ( We used to have them all the time for my Grandma before she passed away) or maybe something similar to puppy pads might help?? Has she been getting down to walk around very much at all since she came back?? I thought of maybe putting up a baby gate type thing in the room you want her to stay in, and possibly bringing her chair cushion down to the floor, and put liners down in case she still has trouble going to her litter box... I am just thinking out loud, I know whenever anyone gets older, humans and furbabies, alike, sometimes adjustments have to be made to keep them safe, calm, and comfortable. Mom has 2 older chihuahuas who love to play with our 3 cats. But the oldest one has cancer now, and we are keeping her comfortable and close to us for as long as we can. My Dad takes good care to carry her from place to place as needed, and to assist her in getting up and down from the chair. (she took over Mom's recliner SHe's still bright eyed, and alert, it's just her little body that is giving her trouble. SHe is a good little doggy though :O)

Glad you are back to feeling better, Bill. Hope you get to take it easy this weekend and spend some fun time with Doy and youor Quitar.
It's good advice about making sure we all have enough potassium and Water in us. How sad and scary Sue, the young man dying for lack of potassium.
Mom & I both sometimes get horrible back and leg cramps. Mom takes Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium now, and she does not hurt as often. We both have to learn how to drink water though... My lips are so dry right now, that they are cracked and peeling badly. ouch!!

Jean How are you feeling?? Your yard sounds lovely...I bet it's fun to be outside working in it, and seeing it flourish under your touch!

Eliza, how was the Symphony?? Tell all please!! I love music!!

Well, Everyone, I Hope you have a wonderful day... I have to get to studying... I am having a good day today, I want to get a couple of school assignments in, and then relax and watch a movie with my mom

YAY!!! My new printer just got here (shipped by FedEX) School will just have to wait a little bit LOL (I hope this one is kitty proof ) THe last one had the paper loading into the machine through an opening on top, and Rascal likes to lay on top of the printer and watch me work, Well, I decided one day to blow some canned air into the other side of the printer (where the cartridges are and the paper comes out) and when I did, Out from the top of the printer opening blew this massive cloud of fur that shot straight up into the air and settled back down everywhere. ( I think there ws enough to make a nice pillow out of)
Needless to say, this printer has paper trays in it!!
Hugs to all,
Love Jean

"No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent!!!" Eleanor Roosevelt
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

HI Deb, We were posting at the same time!! Your baby coirral looks great. I hope she will like it too, and that sugie will share..
Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

A New Life Glad you are here!!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #223

Jean i completely forgot about puppy pads or the like (i have just been using a thick towel)
i have the ones that go under a person like in the nursing home cloth and water proof! have to go dig them out from Mommie's housereally helped when Mommie was in the room where we are going to put Marble! they are big enough to help position someone(turn or scoot them up in bed) would be great for the chair! yeah she hasn't moved much from it since the other day she likes to sit on the top of the back of it and Sugie won't share anything! (she was Mommie's cat and knows she is Queen of the world)

so my DH will have to construct Sug a new one!

i am so glad you are able to post today! i think about you often!! continued healing prayers are sent up daily for you Sharon and Bill!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #224

hehehe
Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Life View Post
Mind if I join yall?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #226

Good morning to all

Noticed that it was actually past noon now ... today is my lazy day and I got up after 10.

The symphony was amazing, thanks for asking. Beethoven never disappoints and to hear Ode to Joy sang by a combined choir of 200 made me cry... There was something so out-of-this-world about it. Actually, I started feeling emotional in the very beginning when the symphony orchestra and choir played/sang the National Anthem. It was beautiful, just beautiful !!! I enjoy music a lot and play it all the time but there is nothing like music (mostly partial to jazz and classical) performed live by an orchestra.

MamaJean, so nice to read your post. It looks like you are laughing again and your good humor has returned, which is great.

Beth, scrambled eggs and bacon keeps my DH happy, too. It is delicious!

Deb, I see you are taking precautions to make Marble even safer. It was quite a scare that she gave you, poor thing, as you say she probably just got disoriented. Now she will be safe and fur mommy will feel much better. I've always meant to ask ... have you heard from Huston Heather? Did she decide to leave when the big purge happened? I wish I knew how she was doing.

Time to go wake up teenager and go run a couple of errands.

Talk to you all later:

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 04-17-2010 at 10:40 AM..
Old 04-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #227

Heather is on facebook and her blog isn't on here anymore she has another but i don't have the link handy just now and yup she wasn't treated very nice so she isn't here anymore
so very glad you enjoyed the concert!!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Heather is on facebook and her blog isn't on here anymore she has another but i don't have the link handy just now and yup she wasn't treated very nice so she isn't here anymore
That's too bad, I am sorry to hear she wasn't treated nicely here .... so much happened while I was gone! I really miss her. And Ruth, too.

There was something going on around here where people weren't being too nice to each other and respectful of each other. That was the reason I had to step away and take a break from the thread myself. Then I checked it a couple of months later and saw that the people who were giving me a hard time seemed to be gone, so I just started posting again.

I just miss the girls, though.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #229

Well, good night to all ! Hope to see you here tomorrow.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:30 AM   #230

howdy all!! woke up this morning to check my crops on farmville!! i am so pathetic! still at my LDW so i am thinking i have stabilized well for this round thinking about starting another one May 1 would love to see 15 more pounds gone before school is out!! DH doesn't reeally need to lose anymore but me and DS14 do Steven just said he DID NOT want to be on P2 for his birthday and i don't blame him so if we start May1 we could be done by the 27th and he could enjoy his birthday in June

what is everyone's plans today?? me i am gonna try to not kill my DH ! he has surgery last Tuesday and has been off from work and getting up earlier and earlier every DAY!! ugh!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #231
bjw
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: bjw
WOE: Atkins induction
Hey Deb,
Congrats on your on going success.
My son and his family got partially moved out yesterday and are supposed to finish up today. It seemed so funny to sleep with our bedroom door open again last night. It is pleasant to get up to just DH and the dogs this morning for some quiet time.
I am off to shower, strip my bed and wash the sheets. Later I am gonna run to WalMart for a few things and decide what to make for Sunday dinner for 2.
Someone asked about me cutting grass. I have to push and weed eat the whole front yard because of flower beds and a good sized natural area. The ditch is the problem cause it is steep. I usually weed eat that cause it hurts my back less that way.
The back yard and my brothers lot that adjoins it takes about 1 hour to cut with the riding mower. I have to use the push mower a little back there to edge out. I didn't do as well the second day of mowing as I was sore and my back was achy. I sucked it up and finished with gritted teeth. I hope my stamina improves soon.
I also have to go out and pick up shovels and water hoses and yard toys that Grandad and Gavin strowed out back yesterday.
Deb how are your newly weds doing? Did they decide where to live yet?
Houston Heathers blog is called Heather Knits, the junk food queen aka/Houston Heather.
Take care all,
Jean

Last edited by bjw; 04-18-2010 at 06:16 AM..
bjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #232

howdy Jean! WOW you are an Amazon!! should have made your younguns do it while they were living there!! glad to see you again

my kids don't know what they are gonna do but thank goodness moving into the Grandmother's tiny house seems to be out whew no place for parking if they wanted to have friends over it would be almost impossible and the place they are renting now(250$ a month 2 bedroom sitting on 11 acres!) has a big huge palace for tons of cars! and a large living room for games or even room for several kids to play video games at once close to the college and PIZZA will deliver there! very important to college age kids! sigh but i am trying to stay out of it because if he thinks i want him to do something he will do the opposite!!

he turned into a teenager after he turned 20!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjw View Post
I am off to shower, strip my bed and wash the sheets. Later I am gonna run to WalMart for a few things and decide what to make for Sunday dinner for 2.
Someone asked about me cutting grass. I have to push and weed eat the whole front yard because of flower beds and a good sized natural area. The ditch is the problem cause it is steep. I usually weed eat that cause it hurts my back less that way.

I also have to go out and pick up shovels and water hoses and yard toys that Grandad and Gavin strowed out back yesterday.

Take care all,
Jean
Jean, you are such a hard-working lady! To do all that work in one day!!! It's quite and accomplishment. Hope your back is doing well after all that yard work. How is little Gavin doing?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #234

Deb, how is Marble doing this morning? Hope she hasn't ventured outdoors again.

So you are gearing for P2 You have such willpower and perseverance! I could never stick to a 500-cal plan, probably will be out there eating the whole pantry at midnight. Great, great job!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #235

It was shopping day today. I like going to Walmart around 7 - 7:30 am and avoiding all the crowds. I can do all my shopping in a flash without having to steer around other shoppers and carts.

Bought a lot of nice vegetables for my week of low carbing - peppers, broccoli, romaine, english cucumbers, per-shredded cabbage for coleslaw, spinach, mushrooms, etc. Now I need to take out the stake, pre-cook it, and divide into baggies to freeze for my lunches. Also need to hard boil a dozen eggs for my take-to-work breakfasts.

Most importantly, I need to write down the weekly menu and post it on the fridge. Nothing worse than to come home tired after a day's work and commute, and then start thinking what to cook for dinner with my two guys both over 6'2" now circling like hungry tigers around.

Took everything out of the fridge this morning, wiped down the inside with antibacterial wipes, and rearranged. It is a pleasure now to open the door, but my next refrigerator will NOT be a side-by-side one. It is soooo difficult to find stuff in there, so narrow. I have to do this routine every other week if I want to remain sane and know what we have in there.

Now off to pull everything out of the freezer side and clean and rearrange that, too.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #236

thanks Eliza but honestly the hcg seems to tame the munchies mostly and i have gotten pretty good at telling head hunger from actual hunger!! and yeah that is what i and EVERYONE thought about the 500 calories a day but if i got hungry i was always free to add more of the veggie i had that day if i wanted only chocolate or some goodie and not any more veggies yup that is my head not my tummy!(and chocolate yerbe mate helps too)

gotta clean my fridge out too and the freezer i am just soo lazy! if i put a load in the dishwasher and in the reg washer i count that as a good day!

Marble gave us another scare last night but that corral is on it's way should be here Friday..if she wasn't so happy about eating and her potty stuff so normal i would think she was trying to leave to die.. i in believe it is just been beautiful sunny days and she wanted outside!

YES go to Walmart as early as possible it is terrible in the afternoon!
Old 04-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #237

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!

BIll where are you???
Old 04-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #238

Deb, you are right, Marble probably wants to just go outside bask in the sun a little. Just take her with you when you go sit outside and she will probably be ecstatic. Nothing like a warm, sunny day outside with a good book and a kitty purring on your lap

Sweet dreams to all, going to bed early, will try to get up at 5 am and work out before leaving for work. Tomorrow is TOPS day, and I will get weighed, wish me luck.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
Hi everyone-
I've been gone a LONG time but would like to join you again-hope that's ok.

Deb-you're doing so great! CONGRATS!
Eliza- Thanks for the invite to the thread.

--Laura
pescacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescacat View Post
Hi everyone-
I've been gone a LONG time but would like to join you again-hope that's ok.

Deb-you're doing so great! CONGRATS!
Eliza- Thanks for the invite to the thread.

--Laura
LAURA!! another lost friend checking in with us!! i have missed ya!! how are you and your kitties doing?? so happy to see you!

another friend of ours Lou had some good news this week
Milestone: Belt hole party

went to the VA clinic in knoxville so DHs incision and bandages could be looked at and hopefully they will fill his leave papers out for work correctly so he doesn't get in trouble being off so long and we stopped at Sams club and i got a lot of meat to portion and cook for my round 4! with DH being off this long he may have to do it with me again he is 10 pounds up

thinking of you guys Bill, Sharon MPB/Jean BJW/Jean, Ruth Angie, Sue, Heather, WInifred, GIbby, Beth,Mona, DEE , Dantesmom, MimiMarshall, Ladybugsy, Alabama SS, jbiggars, MissBeth,, Joan, Melissa F., Paula ,Pansies, Carol, Jann, London,Frieda,LOLA, and MzMelissa and everyone else who is absent

today is
19 National Garlic Day

19 Patriot's Day - third Monday of the month

yummy garlic!

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-19-2010 at 10:38 AM..