Old 04-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Bill View Post
Hi Eliza where have you been girl? I've been back for a couple of months or so and been wondering what happened to you!

Happy Easter back at ya!
Bill, it's a long story ... So great to see you here! Did they fix the website finally or did you get on a computer instead of phone. Either way, you're awesome and such an asset to this community!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
GIRL I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? my email is debkeversole at gmail please keep in contact my computer has been acting up and i can't get my Pms to work or i would have written to you by snail mail before now i forgot to print everything off before that computer problems

love you Stranger!!!
Deb, love you, too I've missed you! I'll e-mail you with my e-mail. Where's Ruth?
Old 04-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #63
Mr. Nice Guy

Gallery: Tyrone Bill
Stats: 350/270/200
WOE: Protein Power Plan
Start Date: May '02(370/185/170) Restart: 06/1/09(350/270/200)
Well my doctors appointment and weighin are over with for another month. I had a good checkup. All my numbers were good. I only lost 3 pounds this time, a little disappointing. But as I have said so many times to others its better than a gain. I think my increase in exercise activity may have contributed to the lower number.
Tyrone Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #64

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
quick drive by post not a good monday!!
but Shaaron posted this update keep praying for her please love to everyone

Quote:
Hoping everyone had a blessed Easter! We did; (after 6:30 church service and breakfast); went to Wayne and Suzy's for a great ham dinner at noon. (My brother's and his wife).We all played outside after eating. Had egg hunt too. Riding J.D. Gator around the pine trees, etc. Beautiful weather too!

Had day #1 of chemo round #3. Chemo tomorrow and Wednesday and then, on Thursday, the booster shot. See the oncology doctor on the 22nd. On the 26th start of round#4. The following week, PET scan = decisions to be made on what to do next. ....I asked today and nurse said the liver scan is homogenous.....had to look that up. It means "no change". I'll have to ask tomorrow, "No change from when?"

Continued prayers still needed. Please mention to God that my very good friends need His help too (Dianne and Susie); as well as my cousin's daughter, Sarah! All kinds of people being diagnosed with varieties of cancer

2 funerals at church this week. Plus another neighborhood death: wife and mother of 2, at age 46. And a car accident just down our road; of a 29 year old lady who is now in an induced coma with all kinds of bodily injuries. Flown out of accident scene to trauma center in twin cities.

I'm feeling really tired so going to rest awhile. I'll let you know how tomorrow's chemo goes.

Love all of you!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Howdy gang! Thought it was about time I showed my face. Congrats Bill on your new grandson. Congrats Deb on 50 pounds gone!

I have been offplan for a long time. Both me and hubby gripe every day that we've got to get back on plan and lose some weight. The scale errored out on him so he's over 400 now. I'm probably back up to 375 which is where I always level off. I'm having problems once again doing simple day to day stuff (even sitting as my huge pannus gets in the way) and working my 10 hour shifts is getting harder.

We didn't do anything for easter. No special dinner, and surprisingly no candy. I was just too tired and lazy to put anything together. That's what happens when I'm at my high weight....anything seems like too much of an effort so I just keep gliding along with the status quo. I know it's killing me but still I go on like this.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #66
Mr. Nice Guy

Mona good to see that you have come back to us. Don't feel to bad about slipping up. We all do it from time to time. If weightloss were easy we would all look like models. But its not and we're only human. Mistakes are in our makeup. The important thing is to get back in there and fight to succeed. Granted its not going to be easy. But remember you have all of us to advise, encourage and root for your success. So stay with us, post often, plan your meals ahead and post them here. We want you and your husband to succeed and we'll give you all the support and help we can. Get your husband in here too! Make it a team effort, you, your hubbie and all your friends here. Come on you can do it!!!

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."~ Jim Rohn

My Facebook

Bill
Old 04-06-2010, 04:42 AM   #67
Mr. Nice Guy

Good morning everybody!

Stretching, warm-ups and the miracle seven isometric exercises before breakfast.

My doctors appointment yesterday had good results. My numbers were good and I lost 3 pounds.

After my doctors appointment I was hungry from not eating breakfast so I obtained a meal pass and had a late breakfast Canadian bacon, eggs and a cup of coffee. Also a couple of sips of Doys o.j. probably not even 1/4 of a cup.

I spent the biggest part of the afternoon playing my quitar and just relaxing.

Today I really don't know what I'm going to do. Guess I'll just figure it out as the day progresses.

Today's menu:

breakfast- chocolate/coffee protein shake, 70gms blackberries, 2c green tea
50gms protein, 8.9gms carbs

Lunch- 8ozs orange-roughy, lettuce & tomato(1 med 5.2oz) salad w/evoo & vinegar, 60gms canned peaches w/splenda, 2c green tea
56gms protein, 8.3gms carbs

Supper- 8ozs braised sirloin pork cutlet, 1/2c stewed tomatoes, 1c steamed broccoli, 2c green tea
56gms protein, 9gms carbs

Everybody have a great day!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #68

Gallery: skeopple
Stats: (350+)336/259/159
WOE: Low Carb, forever
Start Date: 1/14/08
I failed to let the world know that since quitting smoking on January 4th, I've gained so much weight. I'm at 307, which makes me very sad. But the cancer is shrinking, which makes me happy.
I guess I reach for food anytime I want a cigarette. Not good. I'd lost at first so not sure what my body chemistry is currently .

CORRECTION of last post........It should've read that I'm starting round #5. The next and final chemo is #6.

Addition: I'm not putting 307# in my stats...........Just shooting for return to 259

Last edited by skeopple; 04-06-2010 at 05:41 AM..
skeopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #69
Mr. Nice Guy

[B]Sharon[gb] I'm so happy to see back posting. You've been missed around here. It does my heart good to see that you're responding so well to treatment and the cancer is shrinking in size. Many and for you.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Howdy gang! Thought it was about time I showed my face. Congrats Bill on your new grandson. Congrats Deb on 50 pounds gone!

I have been offplan for a long time. Both me and hubby gripe every day that we've got to get back on plan and lose some weight. The scale errored out on him so he's over 400 now. I'm probably back up to 375 which is where I always level off. I'm having problems once again doing simple day to day stuff (even sitting as my huge pannus gets in the way) and working my 10 hour shifts is getting harder.

We didn't do anything for easter. No special dinner, and surprisingly no candy. I was just too tired and lazy to put anything together. That's what happens when I'm at my high weight....anything seems like too much of an effort so I just keep gliding along with the status quo. I know it's killing me but still I go on like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeopple View Post
I failed to let the world know that since quitting smoking on January 4th, I've gained so much weight. I'm at 307, which makes me very sad. But the cancer is shrinking, which makes me happy.
I guess I reach for food anytime I want a cigarette. Not good. I'd lost at first so not sure what my body chemistry is currently .

CORRECTION of last post........It should've read that I'm starting round #5. The next and final chemo is #6.

Addition: I'm not putting 307# in my stats...........Just shooting for return to 259
i am so HAPPY to see more of my friends back posting!!! you have been missed!!

whoohoo!! aaand i was able to talk all the way around wasn't gasping my lungs out!!!
yesterday was 3 1/2 hours to Johnson City for Ken's operation only to be told because of a scratch they would not do the surgery that day! so ANOTHER 3 1/2 hours back and probably 2 more trips down there again ugh and Ken had to miss work just a rough Monday
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WildIrishRose
Stats: 271.5/250.5/140
Start Date: 1/10/10 - again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

whoohoo!! aaand i was able to talk all the way around wasn't gasping my lungs out!!!
yesterday was 3 1/2 hours to Johnson City for Ken's operation only to be told because of a scratch they would not do the surgery that day! so ANOTHER 3 1/2 hours back and probably 2 more trips down there again ugh and Ken had to miss work just a rough Monday
Way to go Deb!!! That is awesome

Bill - congrats on the 3lbs, slow & steady wins the race!!

Mona - you can do it, it's not easy but just get right back on that wagon!!

Sharon - you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Have a happy Tuesday everyone!!

Take Care
Beth
WildIrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Tuesday morning all,
I'm at the office writing this. My computer is being worked on. I got a virus on it. If you go on Facebook be sure not to send the hearts and flowers and such. The guy told me they have had a bunch of computers in due to that. It's a 3rd party a lot of the time and it passes on from your computer to others when you send them. So don't open them if you get any. The good news is it won't cost a lot to fix it. I was afraid it might cost a mint and I would just need to get a new computer....which I can't afford at the moment.
Hi Mona!! Glad you are back!!!
Way to go on the walking Deb.!!! You are in the goove!! Keep it up!
Hi Beth...Happy Tuesday!!
Bill, happy dance for the 3 pounds!!!! I know you have been having a little trouble lately and not feeling the greatest. Take those 3 pounds and be proud!!! Next month will be better for you. Maybe your body just said....wait a minute. Let me rest and catch up a little with you please!!
Sharon, there are so many praying for you. Keep your spirit up and know that there are a bunch of people who cares and are holding you up in thoughts and prayers!!! Good news on the cancer shinking!!!
Hi Eliza , Deb, Joan, Alabama SS,Mim and least (get it) but not last, jbiggars!:laugh:
Hi to everyone else that I may have left out. i SHOULDN'T start naming people because it is too easy to forget someone.
B-3 eggs, 1 sausage
L-salad with tuna, tiny orange
S-protein drink
D-creamy garlic chicken, green beans, carrots
S-LC cheese cake (left from Easter dinner)

I won't be back on until I get my computer back. Hopefully that will be soon!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #73

Sue install malwalrebytes and use it everyday! or at least every other day was it the virus or trojan that acts like it is an antivirus program?? bad bad stuff that

Thank you so much Beth!!! i was astonished at myself!:blush::blush:
Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
<doing the happy dance> Down to 268.2 this morning!
BrandNewMe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMe2004 View Post
HAPPY DANCING WITH YOU!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi,just getting up,didn't go to bed till 5am.i'm still on plan.I'm trying to figure out whats best,its hard for me to find a place to weigh since i'm over 400 pounds.I guess i need to no exactly what my starting weight is but then again I said I would wait till I get down and can weigh on my doctors scale.What do you all think I should do??
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #77

Hi you guys,

Sharon, you are in my prayers.

I ordered Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies yesterday. On DVD!!! Just remembered how much fun I used to have with his over-the-top style a few years back when I had him on VHS and thought maybe that will get me moving. Anything to get me going

Also went to TOPS for the first time in years last night. The group is nice, got weighed in at 328.4. Ouch! Now I really need to get moving and keeping up with my food journal.

Hugs to all:
Eliza

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 04-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama sunshine View Post
Hi,just getting up,didn't go to bed till 5am.i'm still on plan.I'm trying to figure out whats best,its hard for me to find a place to weigh since i'm over 400 pounds.I guess i need to no exactly what my starting weight is but then again I said I would wait till I get down and can weigh on my doctors scale.What do you all think I should do??
IDK i thought i saw scale at walmart that went up to 400 would that help?? just go in to your docs office(i always have a hard time working up the nerve) and ask if they could weigh you should be able to do that without an appt or doc fee.. that is how they used to do my BP for me remember when you get your weight it is just a starting point and as ZER used to say just data to mark on our journey

ELIZA!! i am so glad u posted again!! 38 is a set point my body seems to try to get back to all the time!! it will move down soon!!!!! and hey Richard Simmons has stood the test of time frizzy hair and tank tops included!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MimiMarshall
Stats: 303/260.8/145
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: March 1, 2010
Okay, I am reading and reading and I love the support you all give to one another. I suppose I have to post in order to get the same support, however, I dont want to be the poopy one... lol I have hit a stall and it feels like a WALL instead. I have been on plan for 5.28 weeks (like that, I had to use my calculator...LOL). Anyway, I fluxuate between a 13 and 15 lb loss for the last 2 weeks. I am aware of the fact that no matter which way this loss is calculated, it remains a good one. I just keep thinking "why bother". I have to start exercising SOON to get out of this stall, I know it, but I just can't seem to start.
09/29: 260.8
10/06:
10/13:
10/20:
10/27:
11/03:
11/10: Fall Challenge Goal Weight 250 lbs
MimiMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #80
Mr. Nice Guy

Deb you're doing great. And the more you continue, the easier it will get, the further and faster you'll be able to go.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #81
Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrishRose View Post
Have a happy Tuesday everyone!!

Take Care
Beth
Beth hope you're having an enjoyable day!

Last edited by Tyrone Bill; 04-06-2010 at 03:13 PM..
Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #82
Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
If you go on Facebook be sure not to send the hearts and flowers and such. The guy told me they have had a bunch of computers in due to that. It's a 3rd party a lot of the time and it passes on from your computer to others when you send them. So don't open them if you get any.
Bill, happy dance for the 3 pounds!
I know you have been having a little trouble lately and not feeling the greatest. Take those 3 pounds and be proud!!! Next month will be better for you. Maybe your body just said....wait a minute. Let me rest and catch up a little with you please!!

B-3 eggs, 1 sausage
L-salad with tuna, tiny orange
S-protein drink
D-creamy garlic chicken, green beans, carrots
S-LC cheese cake (left from Easter dinner)

I won't be back on until I get my computer back. Hopefully that will be soon!!!!

Thanks for heads-up about Facebook. I make it a habit of not opening any of the apps and such that are sent to me. To many viruses on the loose there.

Thank you for the kudos and encouragement.

BTW: your meals are looking great.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #83
Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMe2004 View Post
Yay Melissa! That's great! KUTGW!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #84
Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama sunshine View Post
Winifred I'd say if you can wait...wait. Imagine the excitement on the day when your weight drops below that 400 pound mark. Just stay on plan, move and you'll see it happen!!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eaglesmate
WOE: wls , rny
Start Date: rny 5/4/2010
hey guys just swinging thru to say hi and mark my place for april, I think I posted on march's after the month had ended, I have brain fog lately sharon great to see you posting!
I am plugging along trying to maintain and lose a little more before my surgery. I over did on easter and the day before. I am trying to fight the mind set of "i wont ever eat this again" I know that is silly but I am sabotaging myself so it must stop! I start full liquids on 4/19 dreading that so slowly increasing my shakes again till then so I wont have to do it cold turkey.
hope ya'll have a great week!
hw481/cw284.6/gw150
eaglesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #86
Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Hi you guys,

Sharon, you are in my prayers.

I ordered Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies yesterday. On DVD!!! Just remembered how much fun I used to have with his over-the-top style a few years back when I had him on VHS and thought maybe that will get me moving. Anything to get me going

Also went to TOPS for the first time in years last night. The group is nice, got weighed in at 328.4. Ouch! Now I really need to get moving and keeping up with my food journal.

Hugs to all:
Eliza

Eliza good to see your smiling face around here again!!

Old 04-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #87
Mr. Nice Guy

Angie you're doing a good job. I sure don't envy the liquid diet thing. But I know you can do it. Just keep remembering why you're doing. It should make it easier. Probably won't long then till your surgery. Do have a date yet?
Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
HI Everyone, Just running by to say I made it back from Fort Collins from my testing, Boy does it feel good to be home. It has been a very long day!!
I'll post more later on. I have some things I have to think about tonight and try to come to terms with. Prayers for peace and understanding would be very welcome, (as well as for healing). Thanks,
Love to all, Jean
Bill: I will start posting regularly (at least more often :O), I miss you all very much.
Has anyone heard from Ruth?? I haven't been on facebook lately, so I don't keep up with folks as well as I should.

"No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent!!!" Eleanor Roosevelt
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #89
Mr. Nice Guy

Mama Jean the tone of your post is kind of ominous. I hope everything is okay. I'm sending lots of and !
Old 04-07-2010, 03:27 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
I'm sorry Bill, I did not mean to worry you. I guess I was writing from my heart before my head has had the chance to work things out. You see, I have been going to the Neurologist for a while now, because I had a mini stroke a while back. I have been struggling with memory loss and just not being able to put things together in my head and keep them there for very long (which does not help me at work or at school) He has been sending me round and round to different labs and things to see how extensive the damage is and to figure out what can be done to keep me from having a major stroke. Well, I just finished what I had hoped would be the last round of tests last night. He wanted to see me before I came back home to Laramie last night, and I left his office aound 6 pm and came home. He said that my brain MRI showed damage where the TIA or mini stroke had occured and that I had some brain atrophy as well. He wants me to get in to see the folks at the Neurological Rehabilitation Center in Fort Collins as soon as I can make an appointment to see what can be done. He and I are both concerned because my Dad's Mom died of complications from Altzimers disease. I remember how bad she had gotten before she died and I do not want to get like that. It scares me half to death just thinking about it. That is why I asked for prayers the way I asked for them. for peace of mind because I cannot seem to calm down, understanding for figuring out God's will and accepting it (and learning all I can, while I can) and for healing especially, I really do not want to be like she was. The thought of losing my mind, the memories of the people I love, and my ability to read and understand things....I cannot fathom the fear and the loneliness my Grandma James must have endured. She lived until well into her nineties and had been getting progressively worse since her mid-eighties that I know of, it might have been happening before then, but I was away and would not have been aware of the changes. I remember her as being tough but kind as I was growing up. She and my Grandpa had raised 3 boys during the depression at a farm in Mississippi and Later on at one in Arkansas. Her eldest son was paralyzed in his 20's in a car wreck and she took care of him for the rest of his life, she did this alone for close to 40 years after Grandpa died. I was looking through her stuff after she died and found a nursing certificate for her. SHe had went back to school in her mid to late 60's and earned a degree in practical nursing to help her take care of my uncle. I come from hearty stock :O)
Thanks for letting me ramble. I do not know yet what the future holds for me, but I do have to come to terms with my eating and to realise that there are somethings in life I cannot control, but the way I choose to eat is not one of them. I can get control... I have to.
Good night my friend and pleasant dreams :O)
Hugs, everyone.
Jean
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote