Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hey guys, just a quick post during my lunch time to say hi and see how you are all doing.

MamaJean, staying up at 2? A sudden thirst for even more knowledge, perhaps? I've always thought of the Internet as one of those ancient Greek orakle whom you can ask anything at any time and get an answe.

Steve, the important part is resuming the "right" kind of eating right after a slip up, and I see you have already done that. Good for you for getting back on track.

Melissa, congrats on almost a pound gone despite TOM and other obstacles!

Mimi, you will go beyond that 21 lbs. It will not be like previous times. This IS the time to go all the way with the weight loss!!! I totally understand though, I am a perennial lose/regain person. However, LC works much better and more effectively than any other diet, so this is out time, girl!

Deb, did DH like seeing you a redhead?

Angie, hope you go through all those tests with flying colors. Hang in there just a little longer.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #362

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Howdy Eliza! how was school?? DH seems to like it actually!! and he usually gets mad if i dye my hair

i can't for the life of me get a good pic of it though how do all those girls on facebook get their pictures taken in a mirror to not be all flash?? and actually show something i know my face is all blotchy lately and that shows up in them but not my hair and oh in the places i had the most gray?? Lucy red!! eek!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MimiMarshall
Stats: 303/260.8/145
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: March 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
OUTSTANDING JOB on your losses!!!! we all struggle with the off plan days the best thing when it happens is to get right back on asap! one thing in the HCg diets stabilizing part and maintaining part is as soon as you see that scale up 2 pounds do a correction day that day!! KUTGW and hang in there

What is a "correction"?
MimiMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiMarshall View Post
What is a "correction"?
well on the plan i am on we do what is called an apple or streak or chicken day

for you i would say very strict adhering to your diet making sure there was nothing off plan!! are you doing Atkins?
Old 04-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #365

Old 04-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #366

Old 04-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WildIrishRose
Stats: 271.5/250.5/140
Start Date: 1/10/10 - again...
Hi!!

Hi guys - so sorry I have been lax about posting!!

Eliza - Woo Hoo way to go on the 7lbs!!! That is awesome

Deb - Great job with your walking, you did better than I today - I got home tonight and it was raining.....I decided that neither the dogs or I wanted to go out in it!!

Angie - thinking of you and sending good thoughts for your Surgery!! You will do great I'm sure!!

Mimi - you can do it!!

Steve - good for you getting right back on the wagon

Jean and sharon - thinking of you both and sending prayers your way!!

I'm hanging in, trying hard to get in more exercise. I'm seem to be stalled weight wise, but I will get through it and the loss will show up eventually!

Have a great night everyone!

Take Care
Beth
WildIrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eaglesmate
WOE: wls , rny
Start Date: rny 5/4/2010
hey ya'll im headed to bed wanted to check in my preop testing was long but uneventful, next stop surgery. deb it will be in maryville at blount memorial would be a haul for ya but would love to get together during the 4 weeks I will be out!
eaglesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
Sweet dreams everyone I'll read and post tomorrow, I am worn to a frazzle tonight!!
My kitty is already asleep on the printer waiting on me. So G'Night
Jean
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MimiMarshall
Stats: 303/260.8/145
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: March 1, 2010
Quote:
well on the plan i am on we do what is called an apple or streak or chicken day

for you i would say very strict adhering to your diet making sure there was nothing off plan!! are you doing Atkins?
Okay, I understand now. I am doing the "no/low carb way of eating". I have not read Atkins or South Beach or anything yet, I just can't. I am 48 years old and carrying more than a full load of college credits since I lost my job last year... anyway, no pasta, no bread, and no sugar.. KISS, keeping it simple sister!!! LOL

Thanks for the encouragement!!!
MimiMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyfiiire
Stats: 357/337/230
WOE: Atkins, Couch to 5k
Start Date: 4/1/10
Grrr...still at 341+ this morning...don't know how I got down to 339 over the weekend but I am stuck at 341 now. Still I was 343 last week but I want those two pounds!

Did C25K week 3 day 1 last night (warm up, 3 min run, 3 min walk, 90 sec run, 90 sec walk, do that twice then cool down). The running sections were harder but the total time was so short that I could have ran more. But so far I have learned to trust the program.

Steve
skyfiiire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HSingARMYmom
WOE: LC - my own way
Start Date: 1/1/11
Hey guys!!! Long time - no speak.

I think I am finally caught up on the posts - wowza! Y'all are some chatty people.
There is no way I'll be able to address everyone personally that I just read about, but welcome to the newbies, congrats to all losers, pick yourself up and get back at it to all who have fallen off the wagon and get well wishes to all who need them.

We had some bad news when we got back - our dog that we adopted tested positive for heart worms. We decided to try the treatment - reluctantly - major $$$ and he seems to be doing pretty well with it but it will be a long recovery - 3+ months. It makes me mad that the people didn't say anything when we got him. According to the vet, they knew 2 years ago that he was positive and didn't do anything about it. Now we've bonded to the dog and had to shell out the money to try and save him. Just another stressor to deal with I guess.

I've been doing okay on my "diet" - I don't know why i've been reluctant to get back to the excersizing part of my plan. I loved it while I was doing it and then stopped during the time I moved my mom here and haven't really been back. I need a good butt kicking, okay?! Foodwise i've been fine. I had two days off plan during the move (on the way back, I was out of the food I had prepared and finding LC stuff for the drive was a pain so I took 2 days off). I'm still kicking around the same few pounds (up to 323 this morning - TOM is around the corner and I'm bloated) but no major gains so I guess I'll take it as positive that I didn't descend into a full carb ladden free for all!

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm going to try and force myself to walk today (at least a mile - I think it will probably take a while to get back to more). The kids started baseball practices last week - thank goodness the boys get to be on the same team again! - and we're a week away from finishing school for the year. I am soooooo ready for summer vacation. hehe. Talk at ya'll later.
HSingARMYmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #373

whew! had a good morning! glad to see everyone checking in!

walked another mile and a quarter!!! my friend who walks with me was saying she did not have a way to haul anything to her house and i was like duh i am here with my van she said you can't haul a cabinet i took her to the back of my van told her i would stow the seats SHE thought i had to take the seats out nah we got STOW AND GO!! when i showed her how easy it was to fold them like they weren't even there she was flabbergasted! and i told her if it couldn't haul it we could always call DH to bring our truck She just HATES imposing on us and would not ever ask believe me. with DH underfoot for 2 weeks already. it is a relief to have something he could be productive about and not harm his hand! well we went and got her a new double kitchen cabinet (one of those one piece with the upper and lower sections together with a place for the microwave in between)and yes it fit in the van easy! she wanted just to leave it in her garage , didn't think she and i could carry it BUT i called DH he met us with the hand truck at her house and we got her kitchen moved around and the cabinet installed all of this-walking debating getting traveling and installing -LESS THAN 2 hours and we had to go to Corbin and back in that time(25 miles one way) normally she would have talked about it that long i am so pleased to have helped her and while DH had the hand truck at her house we were able to move her concrete steps to the other side of her porch for her so she could use them!
now if i could just use that philosophy of quit worrying just DO what you are able in more things in my life!! now DH has a request put in for installing a small deck and expanding her small lot she has her doggie in!LOL
gotta go actually DO something in the kitchen but i will be back on later!!

LOVE TO EVERYONE!!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi everyone,Hope you all have a blessed day.I'm still eating on plan.I think God that I'm going to be able to do this.I got my monthly doctors appt. today,I hope all goes well.I can't thank everyone enough for your support.Reading the posts and you all answering my questions means so much to me.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #375

Hi friends,

I was all set to sit down and read your posts/reply after work yesterday, when I got a call from DH that he has been involved in a collision coming out of work. So I had to go pick him up after the tow truck and police left. Thank God he is OK !!! The car is possibly irreparably totalled, and we just paid it off 3 months ago (it is but 4 years old).

The young lady who drove the other car had no insurance. Thankfully, we had purchased uninsured motorist coverage with our policy, so we are getting help from the insurance company. Can't expect anything from her.

Anyway, I will probably be MIA today also. Have to go pick up DH from his work, then possibly drive him far away to pick up the rental the insurance company arranged for him (strangely enough, in a large town such as mine with dozens of rental places, they picked one 25 miles away ).

KUTGW Everyone, and have a great day!

P.S. I have lost another lb for a total of 8 now, and it's only been 2 weeks. Have been working out at 5 am every morning, need to go change my signature to reflect the new workout times.

LOVE:

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 04-28-2010 at 10:56 AM..
Old 04-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #376

Gallery: skeopple
Stats: (350+)336/259/159
WOE: Low Carb, forever
Start Date: 1/14/08
I'm glad your DH is okay, Eliza!

Just returned from last chemo treatment. Feeling kinda bleh, head and tummy, and tired.

Have to stay away from sick people for 5+ weeks now, until my P.E.T. scan. My immune system is going to take a dive,,,they said.

Keep praying okay? Love ya all.
Sharon
skeopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #377

oh wow Eliza you guys have had a wild April!! hope May calm down for you!

Sharon you are in my prayers always sweetie!! take care of you! did they tell you ANYTHING that could help with your immune system taking this nosedive?/ we all know it is part of the process but so very scary! i know you will make it through fine!

Howdy Winifred! glad we are helping you and you are helping us too don't forget that

even if i forget and leave someone out don't ever think you aren't a vital part of this place!! my brain is swiss cheese sometimes but i love you all!!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #378
bjw
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: bjw
WOE: Atkins induction
Love and prayers for you Sharon.
Eliza..just think how blessed you are that dh is ok. I am so happy for you both.
Hey Deb...you and your DH are such good friends to everyone. I know you both will be blessed for it. Is Bill ok? I just don't like to use facebook and I miss him.
Hey Min!
Hello to everyone else. I am tired and going to bed soon.
HAGN!
Jean
bjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:07 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Just a reminder...
It looks like I will be in the 4th hour with Kathie Lee and Hoda! That means 1030am eastern, 1130 central time in Kansas (since we have Regis at 9a). Listed guests that day: Betty White, Joan Rivers, Rosalynn Carter, Curtis Stone, Elmo, and Melissa Sue Anderson. Very pumped for this!
jbiggars63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #380

Hi guys,

Yes, I am alive! Thanks all for your well wishes. Oh, what an eventful week it has been. Deb, I too hope for a much calmer May. DH's car was totalled by Geico came through and paid close to Bluebook, so he had a nice little down payment for a new Kia Soul in alien green.

Leave it to a 6'5" tall guy with a sense of humor and an attachment to small cars to squeeze himself into a Kia Soul On a serious note, it's actually quite roomy on the inside due to the boxy shape. And it absolutely had to be in alien green for this Sci Fi fan. I tried to dissuade him, I was all for a nice Honda Accord or something, but off he went and got it anyway. The thing has Sirius radio!

As for me, apparently overexercising led to a pulled back muscle and terrible muscle spasms which I have been fighting for 3 days now. However, I promise not to use that as and excuse to stop trying to get better.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 04-30-2010 at 02:28 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #381

hey giys where is EVERYONE?? i walked a mile yesterday and a mile and a half this morning

yesterday we had to travel to Johnson City to get my DHs bandage off from his surgery(on the 13th UGH) and since it is 3 1/2 hours one way i was gone ALL day and exhausted when i got back then today my friend needed her faucet replaced in her sink and we went threre to do that and this is the first chance i have gotten to get on the computer!! hope everyone is ok!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Hi guys,

Yes, I am alive! Thanks all for your well wishes. Oh, what an eventful week it has been. Deb, I too hope for a much calmer May. DH's car was totalled by Geico came through and paid close to Bluebook, so he had a nice little down payment for a new Kia Soul in alien green.

Leave it to a 6'5" tall guy with a sense of humor and an attachment to small cars to squeeze himself into a Kia Soul On a serious note, it's actually quite roomy on the inside due to the boxy shape. And it absolutely had to be in alien green for this Sci Fi fan. I tried to dissuade him, I was all for a nice Honda Accord or something, but off he went and got it anyway. The thing has Sirius radio!

As for me, apparently overexercising led to a pulled back muscle and terrible muscle spasms which I have been fighting for 3 days now. However, I promise not to use that as and excuse to stop trying to get better.
ELIZA!!! we must have been typing at the same time!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeopple View Post
I'm glad your DH is okay, Eliza!

Just returned from last chemo treatment. Feeling kinda bleh, head and tummy, and tired.

Have to stay away from sick people for 5+ weeks now, until my P.E.T. scan. My immune system is going to take a dive,,,they said.

Keep praying okay? Love ya all.
Sharon
Hi Sharon,
Glad your final round of chemo is over. Take time to rest. Hope we hear from you whenever you are up to it.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #384

Quote:
hey giys where is EVERYONE?? i walked a mile yesterday and a mile and a half this morning

yesterday we had to travel to Johnson City to get my DHs bandage off from his surgery(on the 13th UGH) and since it is 3 1/2 hours one way i was gone ALL day and exhausted when i got back then today my friend needed her faucet replaced in her sink and we went threre to do that and this is the first chance i have gotten to get on the computer!! hope everyone is ok!
Hey Deb,

You are a busy bee, lady!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Just a reminder...
It looks like I will be in the 4th hour with Kathie Lee and Hoda! That means 1030am eastern, 1130 central time in Kansas (since we have Regis at 9a). Listed guests that day: Betty White, Joan Rivers, Rosalynn Carter, Curtis Stone, Elmo, and Melissa Sue Anderson. Very pumped for this!
Jerome,

I love Hoda, but watch out for Kathie Lee, she's gotten quite crazy as of late! As they say, coo-coo for cocoa puffs Have you seen any of the skits Saturday Night Live did on Kathie Lee and Hoda? They are hilarious!

I know you will do a great job and I will be recording the show on my DVR.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eaglesmate
WOE: wls , rny
Start Date: rny 5/4/2010
hi guys! I'm at work sloggin through my last day before I go on leave for surgery.
LOVE the green kia
sharon glad your chemo is done, hang in there still sending you warm thoughts and prayers.
deb glad ken got his bandages off hope he is well enough for work soon!
jerome..how exciting for the show!

This weekend will be busy but I will check in with you all soon next week to let ya know how things went on tuesday!
eaglesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #387

Eliza LOVE the vehicle!! Angie i am praying for you to have the best experience possible with this!! you will be in my thoughts and prayers all weekend!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
Hugs and Prayers to everyone... I will post more this weekend... whew!! Wore plumb to a frazzled end of a frazzle!! :O)
It has been quite a week at work (I am sooooo glad it is Friday) :O)
Love Jean
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:58 AM   #389

WELCOME TO MAY!

new month here 300+ Support Group Getting Thin In 20-10! MAY 2010