Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama pooh bear View Post
Eliza,
Thanks for helping me put what she said to me into perspective It helps to step back and look at the situation through someone else's eyes...

I have been weighing the options of lap band versus GBP for a couple of years,,, I could not help thinking that if I had it.... I was somehow failing... (that was nonsense, but I was not getting much emotional support at home/ work friends)

I'm not going to jump in blind folded, but I found out that My ins will pay for it due to med necessity, and this might be the time to get it done...

My primary should be a drill sergent , not a Dr !! but maybe I can ignore her doomsday approach and use this opportunity to get healthy again??

You are so right about having a Positive attitude!! I have to hang onto that, tightly.
Hugs, Jean
Jean, your GP has no right to address you that way. If she is concerned and has something to say, she needs to think of an appropriate way to say it - and not to scare the bejeebers out of you. Do NOT pay attention to her doomsday (you put it so well) approach and concentrate on yourself.

Yes, you CAN do it all and improve your health. Great job on already starting with the LC. WLS is definitely one of the options and a choice you have. It is a tough thing to go through, but we are here for you. I am sure Angie will have a lot more insights into GB that she can share.

I've always thought lap banding is a lot safer and also reversible. I am just scared to death to think my stomach can be permanently cut and stapled, but that's just me (many others have found it to be a good decision for them). My SIL had lap banding and they do it laproscopically - she only has 3 1/2 inch incisions and that's it.

Honey, don't let all the negative things you hear from your doctor weigh you down. It is your body and you know it best! Let's work together to improve our health and quality of life, and yes, why not, look more beautiful than we ever have !!!

Hugs:

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmate View Post
hey all just wanted to check in on everyone. so sorry about ruths nephew,sending him prayers. mpbjean you have a pm back from me too. You have to decide whats best for you regarding gbp. I decided it was for me but took me long time..whichever way you go I will try to help you with any info I can. *hugs*
Have a good day everyone!
Hi Angie,

Thinking of you as you prepare for WLS.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #333

Deb, what are you up to today? How is your DH's arm? How many days before he has to go back to work and is he getting just a little restless?

The mountain/flower image you left for Mama Jean is amazing. I saved it and will print it out- it can serve as my happy place which I can visualize when I am trying to destress.

Have you heard from Bill on FB? Hope he is doing well.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #334

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
All I know is that I weighed in at 330.8 on 4/12, and at 323.4 this morning.
Woooooohoooooo 7 lbs in 12 days! It is probably mostly water, but my water retention problems have disappeared 85%, so I'll write it off as great!
All I have been doing is starting to watch my carbs like a hawk and not allowing over 15 grams per meal. That's it! And I didn't even start doing that till this Monday the 19th. The weight just started falling off. It's an exhilarating feeling.
I used to try to do LC all day long, but couldn't - things fell apart after 4 when I got home and started snacking on lord-knows-what. No more of that, I tell you! LC all the time... and it works. The last week I have been losing about 0.8 lbs per day. And it's just so easy. I just need to remember that it is a priority and run with it.
Exercise has helped, too, but I haven't done that much yet. And my outlook on life has brightened, probably due to lack of crazy blood sugar ups and downs.

i am so very proud of you and for you!!!!! 7 pounds in a week!!! you go girl!!!!!!: kicking:
KUTGW!!!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #335

Quote:
Deb, what are you up to today? How is your DH's arm? How many days before he has to go back to work and is he getting just a little restless?

The mountain/flower image you left for Mama Jean is amazing. I saved it and will print it out- it can serve as my happy place which I can visualize when I am trying to destress.

Have you heard from Bill on FB? Hope he is doing well.
me i am holding down the recliner!! DH is going stir crazy we don't even go back to the doctor until friday i am hoping they get those leave of absence papers back to his work soon or i am afraid of him losing his job the VA is so very slow ugh so the soonest back to work is next Monday
go to photobucket and find you tons of nice pictures!!!
not heard from Bill in a couple of days but i will check his page in a few

have a great afternoon!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #336

from bill's facebook page

Quote:
William Miller GOOD MORNING all my Friends! HE IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD! "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to theFather, but through Me' " (John 14:6)

some good suggestions i found on Care2

Quote:
You can still make your decisions about how you can add more life to your years.

Here is a good list of some wise suggestions to enhance the quality of your life on day-to-day basis. I hope they will bring much sweetness and a tremendous change in your outlook towards life.

1. Great love and great achievement involve great risk. Take the risk anyway.
2. When you love someone, love them deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it is the only way to live life fully.
3. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship. Make amends immediately.
4. When you realize you have made a mistake, hurt someone’s feelings, take immediate steps to correct it. Ask forgiveness.
5. Keep your arms open to change, but don’t let go of your personal values.
6. Talk slowly, but think quickly. Rationally.
7. Quiet the voice in your head that says “I can’t do this.”
8. Don’t quit, no matter what. Confucius said, “everything comes to those who wait.”
9. Always live in a radiating possibility; become part of life’s song.
10. Make conscious effort to change at least one negative attitude in your personality everyday. Surprise yourself.
11. If you must fight, do it in a fair manner. Without calling/dropping names.
12. Avoid judging people by their relatives. Accept them for who they are.
13. When someone asks you a question that you wish to avoid answering, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”
14. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
15. Spend some time alone. It has great potential to recharge your energies
Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #337

Deb, it's actually 7 lbs in a about 12 days, but still, I'm stunned! WL was always something happening to other people, not me necessarily.

Hope your DH gets to return to work soon. I don't think his employer has the right to dismiss him when he is absent due to temporarily disability. The man has rights. I am so sorry that you are worried about this
Old 04-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #338

Time to go clean house, work out, and do laundry. I've procrastinated enough.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #339

Quote:
Time to go clean house, work out, and do laundry. I've procrastinated enough.
aaaakk scary words!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eaglesmate
WOE: wls , rny
Start Date: rny 5/4/2010
deb im holding down the recliner too lol. we are watching movies on my big monitor and I have the netbook surfing msg boards. Id really like to fast forward to this time next week! I weighed a lil bit ago and I am down 60.9 pounds since september prolly slightly more since that was a middle of the day weight.
ty eliza I can use all the supporting thoughts I can, Im getting very nervous.
eaglesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #341

Quote:
deb im holding down the recliner too lol. we are watching movies on my big monitor and I have the netbook surfing msg boards. Id really like to fast forward to this time next week! I weighed a lil bit ago and I am down 60.9 pounds since september prolly slightly more since that was a middle of the day weight.
ty eliza I can use all the supporting thoughts I can, Im getting very nervous.
you are going to do fine!!!! wowza great losses!!!!

everyone is gone and i decided to use some ancient hair color i had under the sink ummm herbal essences sent out FULL size sample bottles of their hair color when they first started selling hair dye years ago think my hair is going to fall out?? IDK HOW long ago that has been!! but researching on the web they don't make this one any more!! it is the one is an large oval box

herbal essences hot chestnut 61.7 so i will probably like it cause you can't get it anymore lol
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #342

okay it is done and i found the year on the back of the package 2002!! also it says not for covering greys!! whch is why i want it anyhow!! lol my DH is gonna kill me!!
Old 04-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #343

Angie, many hugs, you will do great!!! We are with you in thought. You are taking a huge step, and you are very brave to do it. I will keep sending prayers and healing vibes your way. Hope you can stop by here and update us after the surgery. Just take it easy and do not worry.

Deb, I would stay away from that hair color. The chemicals may have degraded or interacted in ways that may give you problems. In the least, I hope you will do a patch test on the inside of your elbow and wait 24 hours to see if there is a reaction.

I am allergic to hair dye, namely to PPD (polyphenol -sometthing-or-other) and get a bad rash plus swelling of mucous membranes in my face if I'm exposed to it. Which in turn may swell one's throat and cut off one's air. So please please please please, can you do a test first? Please.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #344

Put in 60 min. on the exercise bike and did 16 miles. Thank God that I have all seasons of the X-Files on my Roku player to keep me occupied or I get booooored.

The laundry is also done. Now to pick up the clutter that has somewhow again collected around my kitchen and family room area. I swear we must be the messiest family in America! The kitchen was pristine after and hour of cleaning yesterday. Now, 24 hrs later, clutter has grown from every flat surface again! aaaaargh Oh well ....
Old 04-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #345

WOW Eliza i am in AWE!!! go girl!!

um the hair color is done i am a redhead and i think i like it!! of course since it is unavailable anymore i would like it i rarely use it that is why i still had a bottle from 2002!! DH likes me natural or so he says!!

however when he gets home we will see if he likes me as a redhead and for today it has covered my gray streak!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #346

ok saw this on web ugh

Quote:
High fructose corn syrup/corn syrup is now being called 'crystalized fructose' making it sound like it is the fructose from fruit
Old 04-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
HI Everyone,
Just running through to say good night and wish everyone Sweet Dreams

Beautiful Picture Deb, I saved it to put on my wall
Redhead huh?? I bet you are purty purty Thanks for the email

Wow, fantastic job ELiza, 16 miles WHoo Hoo!!! And 7 lbs in 12 days !!! You go Girl!! THanks for all your kind words, We will get through this and be strong and healthy and beautiful too

Angie!! getting close now... WE will all be here rooting for you and saying a prayer too... You will do great WOw, 60 lbs gone already... that is super!! Thanks for your PM, I will be asking lots of questions

I like the quotes!! THere are some good ones to think about

Hugs, Jean

"No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent!!!" Eleanor Roosevelt
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #348

Gallery: skeopple
Stats: (350+)336/259/159
WOE: Low Carb, forever
Start Date: 1/14/08
Hi everyone!

Leaving now, to start final chemo round.....hoping for no bad side effects!!

Make this a great day. Love ya much.

Sharon
skeopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #349

Quote:
HI Everyone,

Wow, fantastic job ELiza, 16 miles WHoo Hoo!!! And 7 lbs in 12 days !!! You go Girl!! THanks for all your kind words, We will get through this and be strong and healthy and beautiful too

Angie!! getting close now... WE will all be here rooting for you and saying a prayer too... You will do great WOw, 60 lbs gone already... that is super!! Thanks for your PM, I will be asking lots of questions

Hugs, Jean
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeopple View Post
Hi everyone!

Sharon

brightest blessings are wished for both of you my friends!!

i walked a mile and a quarter this morning!! whoohoo! and i DID NOT require a trip to the ER!!!

Bill said Good Morning on facebook! and Ruth posted some new pics of the boys i am gonna ask her if i can copy them to here
Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Jean, my offer is still open. I would enjoy seeing the snow in CO right now. Look your primary care physician in the eye, and ask sweetly, "do thin people ever have strokes, brain bleeds, etc?" Sometimes it makes them stop and think.

Deb, please do no assume your friend has unfriended you. I love facebook, but I am a total dork when it comes to all of the settings. No telling who I have offended.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Angie, many hugs, you will do great!!! We are with you in thought. You are taking a huge step, and you are very brave to do it. I will keep sending prayers and healing vibes your way. Hope you can stop by here and update us after the surgery. Just take it easy and do not worry.

[
thank you so much I appreciate it!

Quote:
Put in 60 min. on the exercise bike and did 16 miles. Thank God that I have all seasons of the X-Files on my Roku player to keep me occupied or I get booooored.

The laundry is also done. Now to pick up the clutter that has somewhow again collected around my kitchen and family room area. I swear we must be the messiest family in America! The kitchen was pristine after and hour of cleaning yesterday. Now, 24 hrs later, clutter has grown from every flat surface again! aaaaargh Oh well ....
you win the wonderwoman award today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
WOW Eliza i am in AWE!!! go girl!!

um the hair color is done i am a redhead and i think i like it!! of course since it is unavailable anymore i would like it i rarely use it that is why i still had a bottle from 2002!! DH likes me natural or so he says!!

however when he gets home we will see if he likes me as a redhead and for today it has covered my gray streak!!!!
deb! I wanna see a redhead pic

Quote:
HI Everyone,

Hugs, Jean
jean I will help ya in any way I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeopple View Post
Hi everyone!

Sharon
Sharon, keeping you in my thoughts today and hoping that last round is uneventful.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyfiiire
Stats: 357/337/230
WOE: Atkins, Couch to 5k
Start Date: 4/1/10
Good Afternoon

Hi everybody,

Had a great day at the amusement park yesterday, and I got my exercise in! I escorted one of my clients who is blind back and forth across the park and rode all the rides with him. I then proceeded to cheat like crazy at dinner after working very hard all weekend. However, when I weighed in this morning at work, I am down to 339#!

I won't use that as an excuse to cheat on weekends, though, and I'm back on the wagon this morning.

Steve

Last edited by skyfiiire; 04-26-2010 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Sig
skyfiiire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #353

Morning all up and on the computer to play farmville!! hoping to get enough nerve up to walk that mile again!! what is everyone up to today??
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Morning all up and on the computer to play farmville!! hoping to get enough nerve up to walk that mile again!! what is everyone up to today??
I'm up early got my shower and now wrapped in a snuggy protesting having to leave so early I have final preop testing and visit with anasthesiologist today. Im down another 5 this morning and I would gladly trade that for a big ole piece of grilled chicken........
feeling a little I will be glad to get on the other side of all this.
Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
Angie!! You'll be on the other side of it soon and feeling great!!

Morning Deb,
I was up at 2 am looking up things on the computer and trying to figure out WHY I was up at 2am looking things up on the computer

Thanks Lucky I may take you up on your offer before this mess is thru I like your spunk when it comes to talking to the DR, (however with my luck, knowing her personality, she'd just say something stupid/cutting in reply)

Well, there went the clock, I guess it's time to get off the computer and get ready for work. Have a Fantastic Day Everyone!! Hugs, Jean
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:01 AM   #356

Quote:
I'm up early got my shower and now wrapped in a snuggy protesting having to leave so early I have final preop testing and visit with anasthesiologist today. Im down another 5 this morning and I would gladly trade that for a big ole piece of grilled chicken........
feeling a little I will be glad to get on the other side of all this.
Hope ya'll have a great day!
wowza another 5 pounds!! whoohoo! every ounce will make your surgery and recovery easier!! where are you having it at?? might you like a visitor after surgery?? i know you wil have all of your family around though so maybe there would be a better time for me to check on you i am just across the mountain!

Quote:
Angie!! You'll be on the other side of it soon and feeling great!!

Morning Deb,
I was up at 2 am looking up things on the computer and trying to figure out WHY I was up at 2am looking things up on the computer

Thanks Lucky I may take you up on your offer before this mess is thru I like your spunk when it comes to talking to the DR, (however with my luck, knowing her personality, she'd just say something stupid/cutting in reply)

Well, there went the clock, I guess it's time to get off the computer and get ready for work. Have a Fantastic Day Everyone!! Hugs, Jean
cut her right back!! oooh i can be a smart mouth and a potty mouth when provoked! and you are PAYING for her help! ugh i know i know just burns me they think they can condescend to us and have us pay them for the privilege!! you need good KINDLY given information about any choice you have to make bullying ain't in anyone's best interest!!

i did a half mile this morning my friend didn't stop to walk but i tried and it got to raining too hard but i got some walking in! now if i could make mayself do one of these tons of videos i have LOL
Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MimiMarshall
Stats: 303/260.8/145
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: March 1, 2010
crossroads

Yesterday marked 8 weeks on plan for me and 21.5 lbs gone... Nearing my own crossroads as well. I have lost this same 25-30 lbs numerous times over the past 20 years. However, like many, dieting has always been a struggle for me 'cheating' and 'going off plan' then not getting back on... losing and then gaining it back and then some.

THIS TIME, it seems the most difficult part, "cheating" isn't really an issue. After the first week, those 'bouts' of hunger disappeared. Even 8 weeks later, I am not hungry. THIS IS REALLY GREAT!

In addition, the things I am allowed to eat are what would have been considered "cheats" in the past. High fat food has been my downfall. Now, I eat cheese and meat etc. Its working... for me!!

I know when I see the 270's and then the 260's, HELL, I will know I am on my way....
09/29: 260.8
10/06:
10/13:
10/20:
10/27:
11/03:
11/10: Fall Challenge Goal Weight 250 lbs
MimiMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiMarshall View Post
Yesterday marked 8 weeks on plan for me and 21.5 lbs gone... Nearing my own crossroads as well. I have lost this same 25-30 lbs numerous times over the past 20 years. However, like many, dieting has always been a struggle for me 'cheating' and 'going off plan' then not getting back on... losing and then gaining it back and then some.

THIS TIME, it seems the most difficult part, "cheating" isn't really an issue. After the first week, those 'bouts' of hunger disappeared. Even 8 weeks later, I am not hungry. THIS IS REALLY GREAT!

In addition, the things I am allowed to eat are what would have been considered "cheats" in the past. High fat food has been my downfall. Now, I eat cheese and meat etc. Its working... for me!!

I know when I see the 270's and then the 260's, HELL, I will know I am on my way....
OUTSTANDING JOB on your losses!!!! we all struggle with the off plan days the best thing when it happens is to get right back on asap! one thing in the HCg diets stabilizing part and maintaining part is as soon as you see that scale up 2 pounds do a correction day that day!! KUTGW and hang in there

Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyfiiire
Stats: 357/337/230
WOE: Atkins, Couch to 5k
Start Date: 4/1/10
Defeated by Cake!

Went to a birthday party last night and had cake and ice cream. I'm 2 lbs heavier this morning?? Still 2 lbs net loss since last week, though. Back on the wagon (again) this morning. Did my morning workout at the gym, have my Couch to 5k run at 6:15pm with friends. Starting week 3 today!
skyfiiire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #360

hang in there Steve could be the actual weight of the food + water retention from sodium and sugar in it can't be actual fat gain overnight so right back at it today and it will go away!