LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
TGIF

Not that I didn't have a good week, but the weekend is always better!

I lost 5 lbs this week !!! I just decided to get serious with my WL and started limiting my carbs to about 10-15 gr. per meal. The 5 lbs just came off. Most of it water, perhaps, but still 5 lbs less to lug around. Plus, I tend to retain water, so this is welcome. I am by no means dehydrated, drink at least 3 quarts of water per day. If I wasn't a teacher who can't leave the kids whenever I please during the day to run to the restroom, I would drink lots more. Now I have to time my intake so it coincides with my planning time, lunch, etc., then do most of the water consumption in the PM when I am home.

Cutting out the carbs has definitely given me more energy and a better positive attitude, which in turn helps me get off my behind and work out. I have already biked 20 miles (and got up at 4:45 am to do it!) and worked out twice to Sweatin' to the oldies.

Wooohooo! No more afternoon energy crash!

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,500....and over 3,000,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #302

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Howdy ELiza !! Marble is being spoiled rotten(fancy feast) enclosure came and is a good size(DH already set it up UGH) our existing tower(built by DH) takes up quite a bit of space within it SO Marble will be getting her own brand new one next week when Ken gets paid and Sugie will get to keep hers!! this way i can get one that isn't so high she has fell off the back of the chair before and i am afraid she would fall off that tower outside the enclosure! AND i really need to move SOMETHING else out of that room My Mommie stayed there when she got cancer, DS20 lived in it after she passed (had its own outside door and now i have it stuffed with everything i don't have a place for in the rest of the house it is only 10x16 and i have a large entertainment center a computer desk a love seat a recliner a freestanding closet and the wall heater in there not to mention my recent blowmold purchase whew and a feeding station litter pan and the tower and enclosure! yeah Ken is right i gotta clear SOMETHING out!:blush::blush:

HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Howdy ELiza !! Marble is being spoiled rotten(fancy feast)
So, there IS an advantage to being an older cat Do you serve it in a crystal goblet like they do in the commercial?

These kitties are lucky to be your furbabies
Old 04-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmate View Post
hey ya'll! doing my drive by I had my last preop with the surgeon yesterday and it went very well. He was very pleased with the loss, 57 pounds to date. I am on day 5 of my liquid diet and its rough. I have lost my appetite so being hungry is not really an issue but I am feelin kinda weakish and nauseas in the mornings, hard to get that first protein shake down. I am getting horrid cramps in my legs at night too. I have upped my water, added calcium with magnesium and d, pottassium along with the slew of vitamins I was already taking so hoping that little storm passes soon.
I am keeping you all in my thoughts and praying for you mpbjean and sharon and now ruths situation! I will sent her a note on fb.
love to you all!!!
you will do fine make sure you take that potassium 3x a day and it will help can you have a spoonful of apple cider vinegar?? helps within 3 minutes with cramps
Old 04-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
So, there IS an advantage to being an older cat Do you serve it in a crystal goblet like they do in the commercial?

These kitties are lucky to be your furbabies

imagine this only pink and heart shaped! yes i have 3 of them!! they came as a limited edition on fancy feast boxes! i think this one is the first edition and the pink one is second edition! yup tis good to be a kitty at my house!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #306

only picture i could find on the web of it hope you can see it ok nope not one of my kittehs
Old 04-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #307

Quote:

imagine this only pink and heart shaped! yes i have 3 of them!! they came as a limited edition on fancy feast boxes! i think this one is the first edition and the pink one is second edition! yup tis good to be a kitty at my house!
Yep, if you do it, you might as well go all out and do it in perfect style, crystal included I am sure they appreciate being spoiled rotten and treated like Princesses.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #308

Quote:
only picture i could find on the web of it hope you can see it ok nope not one of my kittehs
Beautiful! I want one of these bowls in a much, much larger size for me! I loooooove stuff like this.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
Good Morning Everyone,
Wishing you a beautiful day today!! We have 3 inches of snow on the ground. I guess Old Man Winter had a trick left to play on us, before saying goodbye and traveling on until next time...

Sharon!! it is great to hear from you

Thank you Everyone for your Birthday wishes and continued Prayers and Pretty cards. They are very much appreciated

Lucky, your post made me giggle, and....if things keep going the way they are at the moment... I might just take you up on your offer

Have you ever felt like you were a toy being squabbled over by a bunch of toddlers??? Or maybe an old elephant bone being fought over by a pack of hyenas??

THat is what I felt like after going to see my primary Dr. yesterday... I never realized that Medical Professionals could be so territorial. And that If one does not see what the other sees, then the other is totally wrong and the other is totally right?? Add into the mix, my mental Heath professional who got extremely upset because my primary Dr dared to prescribe a drug for me that was in the MHP's jurisdiction!! SHe called me as soon as I got back to work, after my Dr appointment, and proceeded to throw a tirade about unprofessionalim and uncourtesy... and on, and on.. and told me if I wanted the dr to do my cymbalta as well, I could do so. Her behavior was so NOT cool... I got her calmed down, finally, by putting the blame for the misunderstanding on my shoulders, not the Dr.s!! (Still, I do not think I should of been put into that position!!) (Sigh!!)

As for the Squabbling I mentioned in the Dr's realm... My PRimary Care Physician basically blew off everything that my Neurologist has said, (including the mini stroke and the brain atophy) she had her own theories about everything that was wrong with me, and had her own explanation for all of it. SHe even got a little testy about the blood tests being drawn to her attention by his office. She could not understand why I was even in her office, because she said that IF she had seen anything in the Lab reports (that I had asked the hospital to share with her, when they sent the originals over to the Neurologist's office.) She would have called me in herself, and that since she did not see anything, then it was not there at all...

I see the Neurologist's office on May 12th, so I'll see what is going on, I do not need the stress of little kids fighting over territory!!!

My Primary DR did do me the courtesy of reading my letter, and she said that she wants me to get another Heart Cath, soon...

But she said that every single health problem I had was caused by one single thing, MY Weight> and that if I would get the weight off, everything else would go away!!! She said I would no longer have to take the medicines I am taking, the health issues would disapear??

She agreed that I do have cardio vascular disease, along with all the other issues. She said, bluntly, that my body is giving out and I am dying inside. SHe told me that,for me, taking the time necessary to lose the weight by regular diet and exercise, is no longer an option... She told me that I had to have the Gastric ByPass Surgery as soon as I could, in order to save my life....

She had me contact my insurance company to see what guidelines they had in place for accepting me for surgery, for covering the surgery, and what was needed from her to get me going immediately!!

The lady at the insurance company was so nice to me... she explained their policies, read me a list of what a person had to be going through to be accepted for the surgery, and embarrasingly enough,,, as she was reading down the list, it sounded like she was reading through my medical chart.. I have everything she listed!!... Not good!!

THe lady at the insurance company said the Dr has to take it from here, she has to contact them, get the preapproval, and make the referrals. So now I wait...

"No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent!!!" Eleanor Roosevelt
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #310

Jean sweetie get away from that primnary doc as fast as you can!! i knowe i am not a doc but sshe is wrong wrong wrong!! only when a doctor actually looked past my weight and went for some of the causes of weight gain did i get ANY help and as bad as my ins is and the docs around here want to milk the system i have NEVER had one NEVER who minded if another doc gave me a RX for one they initially prescribed!! i tell them what i am on we discuss it and then they write it it may be held hostage(come in every 3 months ugh) but never any saying that's mine they can't do that ugh!
if your ins can stand it find someone you can trust i am going to have to sic LUCKY on them!
not saying gastric bypass might be or not be for you but honestly with your cardiovascular problems and TIA (ministrokes)(i am sure it happened your symptoms are just like My Mommies and she had several) AND almost any idiot can see brain atrophy on an MRI scan(even if it wouldn't be official) i havee been watching several of them and the pictures are amazing but you can tell just from the screen which places are healthy and which aren't i think your PCP is a nut and i don't think she should risk you in surgery like that

ugh trying to get off my soapbox but that post set EVERY alarm i have in me to Jangling please find out EVERYTHING you can surgery is scary with all you have had happen lately i am going to email you after while if ya can stand to listen to me anymore after this huge rant!! BIG HUGS!!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #311

i must be like one of the most blessed people i had a rough nights sleep last night and my guys woke me up at 10 am this morning with eggs bacon and coffee with HWC and vanilla IN BED!! awesome way to wake up!!

i believe today is day one of P4 and i am ONE pound above LDW!!

gosh just saw this from Ruth

Quote:
Ruth Beattie
the doctors say it's too far gone to even be treated...they're getting a second opinion though...my husband right now is planning to go spend some time with them before he dies
and
Quote:
Ruth Beattie
my husband talked to his dad and mom and to him tonight...he's going into surgery early tomorrow to remove a large tumor right above his heart...after that i believe it'll be chemo for him and they're saying now he has a better prognosis than earlier
praying the first opinion isn't the correct one poor youngun:apraye r:

Old 04-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #312

forgot to say good morning earlier so here is a good afternoon!

Old 04-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #313

one of my friends deleted me on facebook and i don't know why she had just sent me a message about 30 min before and i truied to reply and that is how i found out she must have blocked me and my DS too

i don't have a clue what i did
i feel so bad
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #314

Quote:
one of my friends deleted me on facebook and i don't know why she had just sent me a message about 30 min before and i truied to reply and that is how i found out she must have blocked me and my DS too

i don't have a clue what i did
i feel so bad
Oh, Deb, I am so sorry
You are such a sweet and likable person, I don't think it was you that did something wrong. Cheer up, honey

Old 04-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #315

Mama Jean,

I hope you are not feeling sad today because of what that lady doctor told you. I am no doctor, but I think you can lose weight on your own and recover and the most helpful in this process is a positive attitude, which she completely killed with her harsh words. Perhaps she thought she was doing you a favor, but she could've broached the subject in a more patinet-friendly manner.

It is ultimately your decision if you want to go through with the GP or not. However, I hope you also look into lap banding if you can.

As for "dying on the inside", what a load of crock is that? And how can she say that to you? I am getting really worked up now. They told me something similar when I was around 218, and that was 15 years ago! Other people who are just 30 or so lbs. overweight have also heard similar words from their physicians. I am not blind here and know obesity can cause some problems, but it is not as severe as they make it out to be. I think it's more the carbs that we eat that throw our hormones, cholesterol, and BP out of whack.

Let me know how I can help.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 04-24-2010 at 08:29 PM..
Old 04-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Morning everyone,I hope you all have a blessed day.I'm on my way to bed,got sunday school and church service in the morning.I'll check back in later.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #317

we have car[enter bees and ants taking over here

oh and my cat caught a mouse in here last night now i cant find said mouse!! never a dull moment here
Old 04-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Good morning my friends
Thank you so much for having my back in this ridicules situation It really helps to know I have good friends like you to talk to, vent to, etc.
I started back to a Lower carb way of eating yesterday... Did not eat any sugar all day Ate eggs and cheese for breakfast, meats and veggies the rest of day!! drank a little diet pop, but mostly decaf tea. Trying to do the things I can do, things that help put some order in this chaos, while figuring out what to do in the long run... Does that make sense?? I weighed yesterday before breakfast and I am at 403 lbs...I have thought seriously about having the WLS before, but was always talked out of having it (by work pressures and no support at home) Quite honestly, I am thinking of going through with it, if only to get a jump start on losing the weight... Everything I have read says that the woe after surgery is LC and that it is a tool to help a person lose the weight quickly??
I agree wholeheartedly that my Primary and my mental health practicioners need to be gotten away from, FAST!!! (and although what I am about to say, sounds really bad...even thinking it sounds bad to me...I will probably do it anyway!!)
I spoke to my cousin about this mess, she's a nurse who has been my advocate about WLS for many years now...and she agrees with what I am thinking of doing...
I am leaning heavily towards using the Primary to get the surgery, and then dropping her like a bad apple...:blush: I am not a person who uses people, but in this case...?
It's just that I have tried so many times to do LC on my own, and I only seem to get so far and life gets in the way... Maybe if I start the pretesting and stuff that the bariatric center will require of me, I will learn how to get a better mental mindset about losing weight?? and start putting ME first??

Anyway, Thanks for being my friends and for sticking by me through this "medical Soap Opera" I seem to be stuck in!!

Hugs to all, Jean
Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyfiiire
Stats: 357/337/230
WOE: Atkins, Couch to 5k
Start Date: 4/1/10
Hi all,

Been a busy weekend and I just wanted to post real quick. Have had a busy weekend but I have gotten all of my workouts in. I finished Couch to 5k week 2 on Saturday. Days 1 and 2 were hard, but day 3 was pretty easy, so I'm not worried about the week 3 challenge. Eating well and sticking to the plan all weekend.

Today will be a bit of a challenge as I'm taking several clients to an amusement park today. Tried to pack all the foods I should be eating. I'll be doing alot of walking and riding rides, though!

Have a great day,

Steve
skyfiiire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Deb,
Wow, that is a wonderful way to be awakened!!

I am so sorry to hear about your friend on FB blocking you, You are much too nice of a person to have that happen to Maybe it is an accident, He or she might have pushed the wrong button... I only say that because one of my good college friends and I were buddys on FB then after the new safety protacals were put in place... I thought we had to use them, so I did, and she disappeared?? we could not contact each other for a long time...??? It was if we were blocked?? And we still do not know what we did or did not do, but I lowered my safety restrictions and she popped up again?? WEird!!

THat is such sad news about Ruth's nephew??, Prayers are being said for him... I hope the second opinion is more the case... A lot of folks seem to do well with Chemo,

Your kitties are mouser's too, huh? same over here... And of course they have to put it at your feet or in front of your chair ... they like to share their hunt!! Cats!!! gotta love them
Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Eliza,
Thanks for helping me put what she said to me into perspective It helps to step back and look at the situation through someone else's eyes...

I have been weighing the options of lap band versus GBP for a couple of years,,, I could not help thinking that if I had it.... I was somehow failing... (that was nonsense, but I was not getting much emotional support at home/ work friends)

I'm not going to jump in blind folded, but I found out that My ins will pay for it due to med necessity, and this might be the time to get it done...

My primary should be a drill sergent , not a Dr !! but maybe I can ignore her doomsday approach and use this opportunity to get healthy again??

You are so right about having a Positive attitude!! I have to hang onto that, tightly.
Hugs, Jean
Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Skyfiiire, sounds like you have a very busy day ahead of you... but a fun one too. Enjoy!! Congrats on finishing your Couch to 5K week 2 yesterday... That sounds like quite an accomplishment

HI Alabama Sunshine Have a very blessed day... I like to reflect on the beauty of God's creation at this time of year... So many beautiful things are starting to grow, the sky is brighter, and the animals are so cute... His love for us and the Wonder of all he made is all around us... Hugs, Jean
Old 04-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #323

Mama Pooh Bear you have an email!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfiiire View Post
Hi all,

Been a busy weekend and I just wanted to post real quick. Have had a busy weekend but I have gotten all of my workouts in. I finished Couch to 5k week 2 on Saturday. Days 1 and 2 were hard, but day 3 was pretty easy, so I'm not worried about the week 3 challenge. Eating well and sticking to the plan all weekend.

Today will be a bit of a challenge as I'm taking several clients to an amusement park today. Tried to pack all the foods I should be eating. I'll be doing alot of walking and riding rides, though!

Have a great day,

Steve
wowza!!! terrific job on that couch to 5k!!! KUTGW!!! enjoy the amusement park!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #325

Jean i know you have snow but here is something to look forward to!!(I am looking forward to the snow next winter )

kinda looks like a place in Colorado we visited when we lived in Colorado Springs
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #326

Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eaglesmate
WOE: wls , rny
Start Date: rny 5/4/2010
hey all just wanted to check in on everyone. so sorry about ruths nephew,sending him prayers. mpbjean you have a pm back from me too. You have to decide whats best for you regarding gbp. I decided it was for me but took me long time..whichever way you go I will try to help you with any info I can. *hugs*
Have a good day everyone!
eaglesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #328

HOWDY ANGIE!! getting close!!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #329

Wow, how did that happen?

All I know is that I weighed in at 330.8 on 4/12, and at 323.4 this morning.
Woooooohoooooo 7 lbs in 12 days! It is probably mostly water, but my water retention problems have disappeared 85%, so I'll write it off as great!

All I have been doing is starting to watch my carbs like a hawk and not allowing over 15 grams per meal. That's it! And I didn't even start doing that till this Monday the 19th. The weight just started falling off. It's an exhilarating feeling.

I used to try to do LC all day long, but couldn't - things fell apart after 4 when I got home and started snacking on lord-knows-what. No more of that, I tell you! LC all the time... and it works. The last week I have been losing about 0.8 lbs per day. And it's just so easy. I just need to remember that it is a priority and run with it.

Exercise has helped, too, but I haven't done that much yet. And my outlook on life has brightened, probably due to lack of crazy blood sugar ups and downs.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfiiire View Post
Hi all,

Steve
Steve, Keep Up the Good Work!!! You are doing so well sticking to plan and working out!