LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyfiiire
Stats: 357/337/230
WOE: Atkins, Couch to 5k
Start Date: 4/1/10
Happy Wednesday

Does anyone have any knowledge about why people weigh differently during the day? I'm just curious. It has become quite obvious that I weigh less in the AM even after breakfast. I usually weigh at work because that is where we are doing our competition. Yesterday I did an experiment and gained almost two pounds over the course of the day despite eating light! Then, this morning I came in (wearing more clothes than usual LOL I am big so I thought that would at least add a pound) and I weigh a pound less! I have been drinking lots of water though...

So I did my run/walk yesterday. The beginning of a new week always turns up the difficulty in the program. I had alot of difficulty with the first week, so I was really nervous about this week. But in all honesty, it was actually a bit easier, didn't hurt as much, went by faster, and once we were done with our cool down run, we had actually gone a further distance! I'm pretty psyched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescacat View Post

Saw a commercial for the KFC double down sandwich..am definitely gonna have to go get one before the weekend. Anyone tried the fried or the grilled version of those? if so, what did it taste like and what was the verdict?
I have tried both. Obviously the fried will be a little higher in carbs because of the batter they used. It was also greasier. Both 'sandwiches' are served at deadly temperatures in a box with a thin paper sleeve. Open the box and let it cool for approximately 20 min. The grilled version is highly seasoned, almost too salty, but still very good. If you can afford the carbs and aren't watching fats too much, the fried one is better.

skyfiiire is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
skyfiire i think it is our movement causing our muscles to retain some water and the actual weight of the food and drink we consume through the day i know my feet are bigger in the afternoon andd i always put it down to fluid retention

TOMORROW is EARTH DAY!!

1. Lower your thermostat. Buy a programmable thermostat.(DO ALREADY)

2. Reuse your water bottle. Avoid buying bottled water. In fact, reuse everything at least once, especially plastics.(DO ALREADY)

3. Check out your bathroom. Use low-flow faucets, showerheads, and toilets(DO ALREADY)

4. Start a compost in your back yard or on your rooftop. (going to do this summer)

5. Buy foods locally. Check out Eat Local Challenge and FoodRoutes to get started. Buy locally made products and locally produced services.

6. Buy in season.

7. Buy compact fluorescent light bulbs. You'll find more on energy-efficient products and practices at Energy Star.(DO ALREADY)

8. Turn off lights and electronics when you leave the room. Unplug your cell phone charger from the wall when not using it. Turn off energy strips and surge protectors when not in use (especially overnight).(DO ALREADY)
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #273

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi friends,

Time for a change, I think I am going to try out Protein Power... The approach sounds reasonable. Will let you know how it works out. I've also taken to working out. I kicked DH and DS out of the lower floor last night and popped in Richard Simmons. Had a blast with him, had forgotten how silly and funny he is, and that's what I need - I need to laugh and have fun while exercising!

This morning, I got up at 4:45 to work out and did about 40 mins. on the bike. Feeling much less tired today, probably because of the workouts.

Deb, thanks for posting an Earth Day reminder! The kids at school and I are already talking about Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. How is DH's arm? As for cholesterol, I heard from my SIL who uses it that Red Rice Yeast should be very good for lowering cholesterol. Good for you for refusing to be medicated before you have exhausted all other methods of controlling it. You will get it lowered, I'm sure of it!

Steve, as far as weighing is concerned, I have also noticed I weigh less in the morning, but I've always attributed it to morning elimination and weighing in with less, if any, clothes on. Once the day proceed, I drink 4-6 pint bottles of water, and there goes the weight! Plus the food, of course.

Jean, poor doggie, it's so sad when they are in pain and can't tell you.

MPB Jean, , many prayers that the issue with the blood work will turn out to be minute.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #274

Today's food intake:
breakfast: 3 cheesesticks
lunch: 200 gr. roasted ribeye, green salad with cucumber, tomato, and cheese with olive oil/vinegar dressing
dinner: roasted turkey with mushrooms and brussels sprouts in olive oil and butter

Need to up my greens intake.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pescacat
Stats: 332.3/263.7/170
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 19, 2011
Hi-
Happy Bday MPB Jean!

Thanks for the info about the double down and I tried the fried one but didn't like the pepper jack cheese and it seemed lke something was "sauce-like" and kinda had a yucky texture. the chicken itself was tasty.

I like thai salad with peanut sauce *drool*

Sorry to hear about the dog bites and sick dog. Hope all is better soon.

Hope everyone is doing well.
--Laura
pescacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #276

Howdy all!! how is everyone today?? out in the pretty spring sun i would say!!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeopple View Post
Thank all of you!

Yup, today I meet with my oncology doctor. Monday begins my 6th and last round of chemo. whew whew

Weather is charming here today! High 60's and sunny. Hoping to enjoy the outing.

Not such a fun week; DH was up puking and pooping Monday night. Then, ME! Next was 5 yr. old grandson. He missed his first day of school all year. Then, DS. Followed by DDIL and 3 yr. old granddaughter. Our DD and youngest grandson did not get it/nor did my mom.....but we took her to E.R. last night. Got home after 3 a.m. She has pneumonia and was sent home with pain pills and antibiotics. Hoping whatever it was has run its course and is GONE!!!!!

The group hug is adorable!

I'll be back to let you know how appt. went....probably not much to find out cuz I've had no more tests or pics.

Love ya all!!!
Sharon posted this in her journal today
Old 04-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Stabilizing

It seems I have stabilized this week, no net loss, stuck at 344. It is hard for me to not over-analyze every single bit of food I ate or time I did or did not exercise. I get stuck with this idea that I MUST lose 2 lbs every week or I am doing something wrong.

Steve

P.S. I was looking through the exercise section and found similar programs to Couch to 5k for push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and squats. I think I will add them in as I go.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #279

Hi Everyone,

Lunch break. Team Leader meeting tonight till 6:15 and home after 7, so I probably won't be stopping by. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday and is looking forward to the weekend as much as I am.

Hugs:
Old 04-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good afternoon everyone!
I'm at the office so I thought I would get caught up with everyone.
I'll be away from the office all next week so I won't be writing. Life
without a computer!! Ugh!!
Hugs to all....
B-Atkins protein drink
S-LC Flaxseed muffin (PB/Choc.) Yum!
L=Atkins protein drink
S-small orange, 2 pieces of spicy turkey jerky
D-smoked turkey sausage, mixed veggies, deviled egg
S-Mini Cho. Chip cheese cake, coffee (recipe from my Protein Power book).
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #281

Great idea Steve! glad to see you guys Eliza and Sue!!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi,hope everyone is having a good day.Its nice here in the 80s.I'm so glad I'm feeling good today,my knees don't hurt as much anymore.I just love this wol.

Breakfast 4 slices of bacon and 2 eggs
Lunch 1 avacado with mayo,1 can of vienna sausage
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #283

Winifred i am so glad your knees are doing better!! Yes it has been an absolutely beautiful day here too! killing my DH to be unable to do much that doc has him off for three weeks and it is driving him batty!! and it is still bandaged up so he really can't do anything inside or out he was planning on doing mudding of our rooms he is building on the house but was advised against doing all of that until after the 29th!
(driving me batty too!! he is underfoot HELPING me!!!) LOL
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #284

Old 04-23-2010, 03:49 AM   #285

wow i was the last one to post yesterday and the first one this morning!! sorry if i ran anyone off
Old 04-23-2010, 04:26 AM   #286
bjw
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: bjw
WOE: Atkins induction
Good Morning to all!
I cut grass again yesterday and got the whole yard done. I didn't have to run the weed eater so it went much faster but it still took all I had to finish the pushing.
Gavin spent the night and slept in his own bed again. I slept well but I sure do miss all the snuggles.
Bill I hope you are improving.
I was glad to see Sharon was up to posting again.
My dh has 2 weeks off the 1st of May. Deb I can sympathize cause my dh loves to mess with my routine lol.
Jean
bjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:36 AM   #287

Howdy Jean!! my walking partner couldn't go this morning so ....i went by myself!! whoohoo! only half a mile and some stretching but i did go!! would have been so easy just to drive right by and come home!!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
HI Everyone, Just doing a quick run by before work to say howdy and ask you to please say a prayer for me this morning if you think about it I am too curious for my own good (sometimes I think I am part cat)
THe nurse who told me to get in right away to see my Dr about the weird blood tests the other day (I go in today at 11 AM) said something when she talked to me, that has been nagging the back of my mind, so curious me... I searched out what the term ment (in web MD) and then in other sites that came up (John Hopkins) and others... because I did not like what I was reading!! That will teach me to be curious!!
THe term she spoke of was "inflammation in the blood".
Needless to say, I am now very freaked out about what I read, and also ticked off when I think back to all the blood tests I have had in the past that were highly elevated, adn when I asked about them, I was told they were nothing to worry about!!! (I'm talking high white blood count and high c-reactive protein) both of which I have had elevated for a couple of years each that I know about!!
Arrrgh, I think I just learned a very hard lesson about taking a Dr's word as gospel, and not questioning it...
We will see, I wrote a 5 page letter to my new dr's and Neurologist and explained everything I have seen and been through the past 6 or more years and drew them a picture... I'll see what they think about what I see....
Pray if you think about it, adn I'll let you know what is said later... I am soooo ticked off I am spitting nails at the moment!!

On a brighter note... It is springtime in the Rockies here in Laramie... It is snow raining out side but is supposed to reach the high 50's today LOL
Laramie weather... Goitta love it

Hugs to all, Love Jean

"No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent!!!" Eleanor Roosevelt
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:50 AM   #289

Of course i will pray for you my sweet friend go find out what you need to know, whatever we find out it is information to figure out how to fix things and that is what we are going to DO!!!
i know it is hard but sometimes we have to be our own advocate and standing up for our own health is hard

Old 04-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WildIrishRose
Stats: 271.5/250.5/140
Start Date: 1/10/10 - again...
Happy Friday!

Good morning all!

Sorry I have been among the missing!

Jean - lots of prayers and hugs headed your way! Keep us posted!

Deb - great job on the walking.....it is so very tempting to just not do it when your exercise partner isn't available

Bill - I hope your feeling better!

Sue - it was me that asked about the Butter chicken......thanks for letting me know how it was.....I think I may pass on that one too!

Eliza - hope all is well with you!

laura - nice to see you posting here - hope all is well with you!

Steve - you sure are ambitious! Just thinking about all that exercise makes me tired!

Hi to anyone else I may have missed!

Have a great day!
Beth
WildIrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

One Pound Gone

OK as of this morning I'm 343, so only 1 pound gone this week, but it's better than nothing.

People say it's not always the scale that matters as much as your measurements. I know my pants are a bit more loose.

I did my run/walk yesterday on my own, which is always hard because I want to quit when no one is watching. I didn't.

Had to work overnight last night, so weights will have to wait until 5pm.

Have a good day everybody!

Steve
Old 04-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Jean, if you would like me to come out, take your doctor by the necktie, slap his face around a few times, and say "listen to her", I will be glad to do so. I have a lot of practice at that.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #293

Gallery: skeopple
Stats: (350+)336/259/159
WOE: Low Carb, forever
Start Date: 1/14/08
Happy BELATED Birthday, mama pooh bear Jean!!!
I sure hope you can get better quickly; you are such a vital person to a lot of people.

Guess my doctor appt yesterday was just for encouragement and to get all of the next few appointments confirmed. Three days of chemo starting Monday. Then, early June, a P.E.T. scan. I hope all is well and I can at least enjoy some of the summer without being sick and tired.....

Love to all of you. (of which, many seem to be MIA?).

Sharon
skeopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:13 AM   #294

Quote:
I sure hope you can get better quickly; you are such a vital person to a lot of people.

Guess my doctor appt yesterday was just for encouragement and to get all of the next few appointments confirmed. Three days of chemo starting Monday. Then, early June, a P.E.T. scan. I hope all is well and I can at least enjoy some of the summer without being sick and tired.....

Sharon
howdy there Sharon!! yes sadly lots of our friends are MIA but Ruth and Bill are on Facebook Ruth's name is Ruth Beattie now she and Don got married!! oh and Bill's is William Miller

keeping those prayer wheels turning my friend!

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-23-2010 at 10:16 AM..
Old 04-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #295

HOWDY Beth, Steve and Lucky!!!
Lucky your post made me laugh out loud REALLY!! my DH is looking at me like i have lost my mind!!

you all might like this poem

Only One Pound

Quote:
Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!
so that pound is SIGNIFICANT and i am very happy for you!!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #296

interesting thread, if i looked like that girl i would NEVER want to lose another ounce!! and DH might not let me out of the house!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...ntroversy.html
Old 04-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #297

more prayers needed guys Ruth posted this on facebook
Quote:
Ruth Beattie Please pray for our 15-year-old nephew, brother to the girl we've had custody of for awhile....He was diagnosed today with lymph node cancer and is very sick. He only got sick a few weeks ago too. No one knew.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #298

Quote:

Sharon
Sharon!!!!!

You are in my prayers ... Glad this is the final round of chemo, you are so close to being done with it. Many hugs and prayers.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #299

Hi friends,

Beth - how are you ? Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.

Deb, wazzup? Did you get that enclosure for Marble and how is she doing?

Steve, one pound gone is one pound less to carry around... Probably all that exercising you are doing is increasing your muscle mass rapidly which makes it look like you haven't lost as much, but I bet you have lost more than one lb of fat.

Mama Jean, we love you, hope you get the best possible outcome . They will surely direct you to whatever you need to do to take care of it. Hope you come back and post as soon as you can, we'll be thinking of you!

Sue, how are you? You know, I, too, am trying out Protein Power. An uncle of DH's had lost over 120 lbs on it several years ago, at age 52. Prior to it he was diagnosed as a diabetic, and afterward - Diabetes was gone, appears his insulin resistance had disappeared and his Pancreas had started functioning properly.

Many many prayers go out to the young man with cancer and Ruth's entire family. So young to be suffering so!

Hugs to everyone and sorry if I've missed you.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 04-23-2010 at 04:17 PM..
Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eaglesmate
WOE: wls , rny
Start Date: rny 5/4/2010
hey ya'll! doing my drive by I had my last preop with the surgeon yesterday and it went very well. He was very pleased with the loss, 57 pounds to date. I am on day 5 of my liquid diet and its rough. I have lost my appetite so being hungry is not really an issue but I am feelin kinda weakish and nauseas in the mornings, hard to get that first protein shake down. I am getting horrid cramps in my legs at night too. I have upped my water, added calcium with magnesium and d, pottassium along with the slew of vitamins I was already taking so hoping that little storm passes soon.
I am keeping you all in my thoughts and praying for you mpbjean and sharon and now ruths situation! I will sent her a note on fb.
love to you all!!!
hw481/cw284.6/gw150
eaglesmate is offline   Reply With Quote